Latest topics

CELEBRATING HOLI IN QUBOOL HAI-DISCUSSION

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CELEBRATING HOLI IN QUBOOL HAI-DISCUSSION

Post by anurao66 on 2013-03-26, 18:01

My dear friends,

We are shown that they are celebrating Holi in Qubhool hai. Asad Zoya and the family along with Ayaan are supposed to be taking part.

Asad is a traditionalist and he does not like girls wearing jeans like Zoya. As far as I know of the Religion, they do not celebrate Holi. So what I am asking is Do Muslims celebrate Holi? Is it part of of their culture? Or are the PH showing that they are secular?

I am a citizen of Modern India and have a strong secular feeling in me. I do like the thought of all religions celebrating all the different festival. If this is a move to show secularism I am the first one to applaud the PH.

Please since I have no knowledge of the religion, all of you to clarify my doubt.

THIS POST IS JUST FOR POSITIVE AND HEALTHY DISCUSSION AND NOT TO INSULT ANY PERSON OR RELIGION.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: CELEBRATING HOLI IN QUBOOL HAI-DISCUSSION

Post by Maria J on 2013-03-26, 18:07

I think this a move by PH to show secularism..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-03-26, 18:08

Maria J wrote:I think this a move by PH to show secularism..

Maria,

Thanks for the answer.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-03-26, 18:40

Yes Anu .. it is promoting Secularism ...
why?? don't you recall ??Gul send ArShi to the Pir baba ka Mazhar in the beginning of IPK ??

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-03-26, 18:44

--sumana13-- wrote:Yes Anu .. it is promoting Secularism ...
why?? don't you recall ??Gul send ArShi to the Pir baba ka Mazhar in the beginning of IPK ??

Yes ofcourse I remember that, but do Muslims in North India celebrate Holi. Since I am a South Indian I have no Idea. Hence the question, Asad is also a staunch muslim in the story.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-03-26, 18:45

I think some of the Muslims in India do celeberate some Hindu festivals. And if the community they are living in has holid bash I think they do join in.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-03-26, 18:53

Asad and his family got invited by a neighbor and they are celebrating Holi occasion at their place.

Asad is a contemporary Muslim who is conservative in his thoughts regarding certain things like the clothes a woman should wear.....and this issue has nothing to do with the religion per se......

As far as India is concerned...certain festivals, (irrespective of the religion,caste,village/town/city), are celebrated across the length and breadth of the country........and Holi takes the top spot.......

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-03-26, 18:57

pollyanna wrote:Asad and his family got invited by a neighbor and they are celebrating Holi occasion at their place.

Asad is a contemporary Muslim who is conservative in his thoughts regarding certain things like the clothes a woman should wear.....and this issue has nothing to do with the religion per se......

As far as India is concerned...certain festivals, (irrespective of the religion,caste,village/town/city), are celebrated across the length and breadth of the country........and Holi takes the top spot.......

Pallu long hug

Thanks for clearing my doubt. So in India everyone celebrated Holi irrespective of the religion and it is an accepted fact. Thanks a lot.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum