Latest topics

Ruqaiya : A tragic character ? or an illiterate on subject of Marriage ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ruqaiya : A tragic character ? or an illiterate on subject of Marriage ?

Post by neha on 2014-02-24, 13:49

"Wo toh hain ! Ek toh aurat , Dusri Jawan,Teesri Mughaliya saltanat ke shehnshah ki dil-o-jaan, zidd hamara haq hai"
After a long time we got a heroine who seduced the hero with her brains and was least  bothered about her beauty! Who claimed to control his brain and she did undoubtedly in the beginning. But then what happened to her ? Did smiley had the grace or the makers had to turn her into an ungraceful vamp so that she does not outshine the lead heroine? I feel its the latter!

A tragic character ? : Ruqaiya a toddler assured her bestie that it doesn't matter if he never learns to read, she will always be with him, stand by him no matter what!. A 9 year old who mischievously said 'Qubool Hai' behind the purdah thinking its sort of a game she is playing with him. A woman in love when asked 'are we childless because we don't love each other?' hides her tears and cheers him up. A queen who despite of losing her child did not want the king to punish the guilty without given a chance to prove their innocence.  A wife to whom it did not matter who is he travelling with to Ajmer as long as it was for his well-being. A best friend who slapped Jodha hard for risking her husband's life. But alas! the old Ruqaiya whom we used to admire had to be butchered so that we do not end up sympathizing her and love her more than Jodha.

An Illiterate on the Subject of Marriage ? : The voiceover while introducing her called her 'Jalal ki Mohabbat' but was she ? is she ? and will she be ever ?. After all this years of marriage, she did not even once tried to make him realise he does have a heart! She claims to be in love with him but not even once thought she should make him fall for her, she should help him find a soulmate in her! She was always content in ruling his mind but a thought of winning his so called 'non-existent' heart never crossed her mind. After all these years of togetherness she couldn't solve the puzzle Jalal and thought he is incapable of giving her the husbandly love hence she always stood with him as a friend but never tried to become his wife. When the news of Khan Baba's demise reached him, Ruqaiya left him to solve the harem matter without even giving it a second thought that he needs her most at this moment!. This new Ruqaiya who wants to play with the "toy", "new trophy" her husband has brought in harem does not understand what marriage is! for she never craved for the companionship and hence Maham rightly says she can never be her husbands wife. She enjoys a sense of control over him and provokes him to play with his new toy but alas! she wouldn't even thought in her dreams that this new toy will turn her world upside down, shake her to the core and make her feel so helpless that she would end up losing her so called control over her husband. Now when Jalal has found his soulmate in Jodha, Ruqaiya's power is waning and so is her hold on him. The lady is not bothered about saving her marriage, her relationship with him but is hell bent on throwing Jodha out of harem but the poor soul does not understand that  throwing Jodha out of Agra will not let her take Jodha's place in Jalal's heart!

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruqaiya : A tragic character ? or an illiterate on subject of Marriage ?

Post by pollyanna on 2014-02-24, 14:10

Wow..loved reading u Neha and that too on Ruks.....wonderful.... Thumbsup

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-24, 14:28

pollyanna wrote:Wow..loved reading u Neha and that too on Ruks.....wonderful.... Thumbsup

Thank You Pallo  long hug  Zee's new tagline 'BEK ke chunav me kiska saath dega Jalal' made me pity CVs for degrading Ruqu so much! I loved this layered character but see now what they've done to her.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-24, 14:33

WOW wow what a post my dear Neha ..
This is the leisurely weekend waala post .. I was soo looking forwards to read ever since you said you would give us weekly posts ..
Hayeee i loved reading you my dear ..
Thanks and....Bug hug ....
 Starry Love Thumbsup long hug

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-24, 14:38

--sumana13-- wrote:WOW wow what a post my dear Neha ..
This is the leisurely weekend waala post .. I was soo looking forwards to read even simce you said you would give us weekly posts ..
Hayeee i loved reading you my dear ..
Thanks and....Bug hug ....
 Starry Love Thumbsup long hug 

Thank you Manu  Dance  I'll defo do the weekly post this week! I was actually traveling but no excuses this week for sure  party4 

Did you see Zee's new tagline ? A ghamasan this week for Begum-E-Khaas title  Shocked Shocked 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2014-02-24, 14:43

A well written post Neha. Loved reading this

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2014-02-24, 14:43

A well written post Neha. Loved reading this

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-02-24, 14:55

Neha with this post ur become my soul mate cause seeing the way CVS are mistreatibg her character only to mahanise jodha I was ready to make a post on behalf of her

I just wonder how real ruks was and I do t think she would have been like this

Cause those days poligamy was an approved system so I don't feel anyone would feel jealous towards others. May be a sense of power would have prevailed

But still I believe CVS are not doing justice to her character though I would agree with you that ruks was ,is always concerned about her position

But that is since the beginning , still she had a sense of right and wrong but these days that element seems missing

And I'm concerned and worried for her though I'm too waiting for romance between AkDa

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-24, 14:59

Abavi wrote:A well written post Neha. Loved reading this

Thank you Vi !  hpee 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-24, 15:05

clarissasham wrote:Neha with this post ur become my soul mate cause seeing the way CVS are mistreatibg her character only to mahanise jodha I was ready to make a post on behalf of her

I just wonder how real ruks was and I do t think she would have been like this

Cause those days poligamy was an approved system so I don't feel anyone would feel jealous towards others. May be a sense of power would have prevailed

But still I believe CVS are not doing justice to her character though I would agree with you that ruks was ,is always concerned about her position

But that is since the beginning  , still she had a sense of right and wrong but these days that element seems missing

And I'm concerned and worried for her though I'm too waiting for romance between AkDa

Hi Five Shama!  party4  ...seeing her losing her cool and screeching every now and then is the only way they think of making this story epic  Rolling Eyes  ....She loves her audha but Jalal is her first priority and butchering her to this extent to make Jodha mahaan is hard to digest for me! ...Yes me too want romance between AkDha but I want Jalal to assure her position in his life first! romancing Jodha can wait but leaving your best friend sulking in frustration does not sound good to me.  No 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-24, 15:18

Neha....

nice post..I really appreciate you for this subject yaar. Coz ., now a days they are spoiling her character..even while Ben track, I was not satisfied when she accepted the marriage..

I made about it then. Seeing ruks topic am glad yaar, see, if they further show her so, it will lose interest.

and about ur post, u have finely pointed all those situations when Ruks was sensible and adorable..

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-24, 16:17

candy wrote:Neha....

nice post..I really appreciate you for this subject yaar. Coz ., now a days they are spoiling her character..even while Ben track, I was not satisfied when she accepted the marriage..

I made about it then. Seeing ruks topic am glad yaar,  see, if they further show her so, it will lose interest.

and about ur post, u have finely pointed all those situations when Ruks was sensible and adorable..  
Thank you candy!  hpee  agreed Ruq is a flawed character but she is good at heart! Hoshiyar gets slapped everytime when he says something which is unethical for her to do. But the way CVs ruining her character now-a-days is really pathetic and making us bash her!!

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-02-24, 17:11

Now her character is a mohra for mayya to earn trps, showing her as jealous they will earn Brownie points as it sure ingredient for kitchen politics

I really hate it when it is being used for mahanising jodha

Earlier ruks was sensible , she showed her own akal when its come to MA too but now where I'd that ruks

I too won't like if they portray as bad

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2014-02-24, 18:15

Neha

You have portrayed Ruqs so beautifully. For the TRP sake the character of Ruqs has gone for a toss. It was a real pleasure reading about Ruqaiyya Begum as she originally was.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-24, 18:20

Agree u shami..
exactly said yaar.. Her character is a mohra ... Thumbsup

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2014-02-24, 18:53

Very well written post Neha. The CV's have degraded her character so much. Yes Ruqu should have been her husband's wife and a friend. But alas now in concentrating on removing Jodha from Agra alonwith Maham she has lost her hold.

Even during Benazir track she was more happy that Jodha was getting irritated and upset rather then paying attention to what she is saying.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-02-24, 21:00

Thanks candy Darling
Now what we are going to get with this khaz begum stunt, more hatred for ruks

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-24, 22:02

Awesome write up about Ruqs Neha...loved her the way you have portrayed..feeling more sad how they destroyed her character

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-24, 23:21

Neha

Ruqaiya was portrayed as a slightly grey character in the beginning. But the Smiley version was so charming so endearing that I loved the jalal ruqaiya equation so much that I didn't want jo to come in between at all.  

So naturally the makers having realised the potential charm of the graceful royal ruqaiya who could easily overshadow  the hopelessly perfect jodha, probably decided to tone down  her character and have now reduced her to a brainless gloater. This lavina version looks like a patient with bipolar disorder. Jo is a sickeningly stick perfect specimen. To me the smiley ruqaiya character was the best and also best suited for jalal.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 09:23

amimus wrote:Very well written post Neha. The CV's have degraded her character so much. Yes Ruqu should have been her husband's wife and a friend. But alas now in concentrating on removing Jodha from Agra alonwith Maham she has lost her hold.

Even during Benazir track she was more happy that Jodha was getting irritated and upset rather then paying attention to what she is saying.

Thank you dear!  hpee 

Agree in toto with you, Ruq's downfall as Jalal's 'Khaas Begum' started during Benazir track and now he is somewhere comparing her with Jodha which is not a good thing for her but she, in her agony is totally unaware of her husbands feelings and that's what makes us pity her. !

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 09:26

zuzana wrote:Awesome write up about Ruqs Neha...loved her the way you have portrayed..feeling more sad how they destroyed her character

Thank you Zu,  party4 

One of the reason of Smiley's replacement was, she looked innocent and we loved her! The makers already decided to turn Ruqu into a vamp else how Jodha could have been 'Mahaan' and 'Devi'  Evil or Very Mad Gone are the days of Smiley's Ruqu and this new one is mere a screeching banshee!

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 09:33

sandhya wrote:Neha

Ruqaiya was portrayed as a slightly grey character in the beginning. But the Smiley version was so charming so endearing that I loved the jalal ruqaiya equation so much that I didn't want jo to come in between at all.  

So naturally the makers having realised the potential charm of the graceful royal ruqaiya who could easily overshadow  the hopelessly perfect jodha, probably decided to tone down  her character and have now reduced her to a brainless gloater. This lavina version looks like a patient with bipolar disorder. Jo is a sickeningly stick perfect specimen. To me the smiley ruqaiya character was the best and also best suited for jalal.

Where were you ?  Shocked  You are missing from forum, Have you given up on JA ?  Wink 

Agree with you! and have you noticed one thing ? Old Ruqu always used to call Jalal 'mere aaka', 'mere sartaaz' and always tried to please him but now this screecher makes him impossible to be on good terms with his other wives. If Jalal seeks advice from Salima, she has a problem with it, and Jodha is no doubt a biggest threat to her (according to her!) but had the makers forgotten that this is a 16th century where polygamy was but natural? Jealousy is fine but the way Ruqu is being portrayed is really pathetic!

Last edited by neha on 2014-02-25, 09:42; edited 1 time in total

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 09:38

anurao66 wrote:Neha

You have portrayed Ruqs so beautifully. For the TRP sake the character of Ruqs has gone for a toss. It was a real pleasure reading about Ruqaiyya Begum as she originally was.

Thanks Anu,  hpee 
   I'm afraid they will turn her into another Komolika  hppy  ....but jokes apart I really feel bad for her, Jalal is ignoring her restlessness and the pain in her eyes. He needs to sit down with her and assure her her position in his life before she creates any havoc!

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-25, 10:38

shami.. this khaas begum stunt track has nothing interesting other than love donned jalal's performance..

I think, already jalal mentioned his three spl begums. then wats new in calling Jo khaas.. to stoop Ruks character.. Wat all saazhish is going on !!?!

could have given some healthy point where ruks felt jealousy over Jo.. but nothing like tat..

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:10

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum