Latest topics

Burning Ekta Kapoor's effigy, blood writing during protest march againt serial 'Jodha Akbar'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Burning Ekta Kapoor's effigy, blood writing during protest march againt serial 'Jodha Akbar'

Post by candy on 2014-02-25, 10:53

the sena protestors with their message written in blood

The Karni Sena members, "miffed and disappointed" with soap queen's Ekta Kapoor's "non-materialising promises", regarding taking her controversial serial Jodha Akbar off air, has decided to launch a nationwide campaign against her. This, the Shri Rajput Karni Sena, is a community-based organistion that has been continuously protesting against Ekta 'distorting facts' related to the Rajput history in Balaji's serial. 

Lokendra Singh Kalvi, chief of the Sena called for a press conference on Monday afternoon, and said, "We've been continuously requesting them to make certain changes in the serial. Despite several promises by Ekta Kapoor, no changes have been made. So we have decided to not let any of Balaji's films be released in the state." The 40-odd volunteers of the Sena also participated in a protest march to the channel's office in Jaipur, and also pasted a banner outside the office, which they insisted was "written in blood". Kalvi, who met the channel officials after that, said, "There is just no point in talking to the channel officials in Jaipur. They are not interested in solving the matter. We've no other option but to launch a nationwide protest. We will now take our protest to Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, and other cities as well. I have scheduled a meeting with Delhi volunteers. We have decided to launch a campaign in Delhi where our volunteers will go to all the cinema halls and request them not to screen any films produced under the Balaji banner." 

During the protest march, apart from writing out a poster in blood, they also also burnt Ekta's effigy.

TOI

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Burning Ekta Kapoor's effigy, blood writing during protest march againt serial 'Jodha Akbar'

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-25, 11:03

Candy is this fresh development ?? OMGEE !!

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Re: Burning Ekta Kapoor's effigy, blood writing during protest march againt serial 'Jodha Akbar'

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 11:03

Ekta shouldn't have made a fake promise to change the title of show! This was expected, she cant fool them and that's why she has left JA! But I feel its a gimmick as her 2 movies are going to release soon.  Rolling Eyes 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 11:08

Posting another news here : (hope u don't mind  long hug )

Ever since the historical drama, Jodha Akbar, premiered on TV on June 18, 2013, it has been mired in controversy.

But after protests from regional outfits regarding the authenticity of the story, producer Ekta Kapoor has now decided to pull out of the show altogether.  

Since February 17, Ekta and her mother Shobha Kapoor’s names (producers) — that always featured in the opening and closing credits — have been missing from the show’s credits.  

Ekta confirms the news, saying, "It is true that we have decided to back out as producers for the show as a gesture of goodwill as we have immense love and respect for the Rajput community."

Soon after the show went on air in 2013, a Jaipur-based outfit called the Shri Rajput Karni Sena (SRKS) claimed it is distorting historical facts. They demanded that the show be taken off air.  

Lokendra Singh Kalvi, the founder patron of SRKS, had said, "A marriage of convenience between the Mughal emperor Akbar and an imaginary Rajput princess, Jodha, is historically incorrect."

Later, an organisation called the Akhil Bharatiya Kshatriya Mahasabha too protested outside Ekta’s office as they felt Akbar was shown belittling Rajputs on the show. Back then, Ekta had said, "I always believe it (the story of Jodha and Akbar) is 80 per cent history and 20 per cent folklore."

Even the August 2013 release of Ekta’s movie Once Upon Ay Time in Mumbaai Dobaara was affected by the protests. It was only after she promised to change the title of her show that she was allowed to release the movie in Rajasthan. However, the name was not changed.

Although the channel remained unavailable for comment, sources from the channel claim that this news is untrue, and that they were still in talks with Ekta regarding the matter.

At the time of going to press, when we contacted Ekta again, she only said, "We are still in talks, but we have officially removed our name from the show."

SOURCE : Hindustan Times

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-25, 11:12

OK so Ektaa will not produce this show any more ?? Is that bad news for viewers ??

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 11:15

--sumana13-- wrote:OK so Ektaa will not produce this show any more ?? Is that bad news for viewers ??

Its certainly a bad news! Palak kapoor, the creative head also left JA (for diff reason of course!) and its not good for show...but I think Ekta will be back after Loksabha elections and its just to avoid any controversy...

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-25, 11:16

yeah manu .. its a fresh one yaar.,dated 25 Feb 2014 12am.

no wonder, even I too had the same doubt when I read this

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-25, 11:18

Tfs neha..
and Tats too interesting.. JA se zyaada twists hai yaar.

you are right yaar. she should not have done fake promises..

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-25, 11:21

agree neha.. ekta will be back yaar..
I think may be to avoid the protests for her PH movies..

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 11:35

My question is will the protests stop if Ekta change the name to 'Heera-Akbar' ? or simply 'Akbar' ?
The political group has problem with the name 'Jodha' or even after 450 years some people cannot digest this fact that a Hindu Princess got married to a Mughal Emperor? Some introspection is needed here.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-25, 11:46

point yaar.
neha.. I think they have prob in show casing the marriage of Hindu princess with the mugHal emperor.!!

not with the name.. Jo's name was heera kunwari na.. then if they coined the original name means Wat do they think, history will not be identified ??!

but on other hand, I think the way the marriage has been told as a compromise to save their rule from mughals may be the prob.. its my guess not sure

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2014-02-25, 13:52

To please the small group of fanatics, I hope they do not pull the serial which is popular amongst a broader range of people off the air. We are yet to see the love story we were promised. Wouldnt want to miss Rajat and Paridhi's intense chemistry and the love and the passion. Can someone please curtail these small group of silly and stupid people. The disclaimer is there for a reason. In fact, Jodha begum has a halo around her..not sure why the Rajput community feels so offended when they have infact glorified Jodha begum.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-02-25, 14:13

Where there any protest during the film jodha Akbar released, caused in that thoo the marriage was based on same reasons and film was a hit

But if the makers are really thinking of pulling the plug, which u hope they won't do, u wish them to show the romantic track And give a final closure sans kitchen politics

Why all the shows I love face such issues guys

I'm disappointed

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 14:52

The actual problem lies somewhere else! Before Akbar-MUZ marriage there were many such political marriages between Rajput kings and Muslim Kings, those marriages were forced and none of them gets mentioned in history but with this marriage the particular community claims that their history is getting distorted! isn't it very strange that the Royal House of Jaipur(Amber) has no problems with movie and serial but this particular community is creating havoc ? I feel they have problem with this marriage because Amerian's were loyal to Akbar through this marriage and he conquered Rajputana with the help of Amerians for which the latter gets disgusted in Rajasthan's history.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-25, 14:56

stupid people..they wont even know about their own fore fathers but come here defending some other families..

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-25, 18:14

zuzana wrote:stupid people..they wont even know about their own fore fathers but come here defending some other families..

hppy  that too when the descendant of these Royal Family did not ask for their support ..
I mean seriously if the name 'Jodha' is really that controversial then why don't the descendants of Mota Raja Udai Singh whose daughter was Jodh Bai (Jagat Gosain) comes forward and protest ? I hope Ekta doesn't give up her dream project because of these stupid protests  Evil or Very Mad 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2014-02-26, 09:28

Any news on whether they are going to pull the plug on the serial?

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-26, 12:22

neha wrote:
zuzana wrote:stupid people..they wont even know about their own fore fathers but come here defending some other families..

hppy  that too when the descendant of these Royal Family did not ask for their support ..
I mean seriously if the name 'Jodha' is really that controversial then why don't the descendants of Mota Raja Udai Singh whose daughter was Jodh Bai (Jagat Gosain) comes forward and protest ? I hope Ekta doesn't give up her dream project because of these stupid protests  Evil or Very Mad 

I think she will not give up such a wealthy project....I hope she uses one of her dramatic twists and gets out of this mess  hppy 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-26, 13:02

yes zuzana., one more trick, controversies keep show active, gain interest,even more.

the show recently became no:1 ,and suddenly the protests again gets more active..!! nothing to be predicted yaar

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-26, 13:03

manasvi.. I guess the show will be on

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-26, 14:46

candy wrote:yes zuzana., one more trick, controversies keep show active, gain interest,even more.

the show recently became no:1 ,and suddenly the protests again gets more active..!!   nothing to be predicted yaar

candy you have a point ..the show gets popular and controversies increase

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 00:04

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum