Latest topics

Weekend Analysis for JA : 24th Feb-28th Feb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weekend Analysis for JA : 24th Feb-28th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-03-01, 15:54

Friends, I’ve long decided to give weekend updates for JA and finally I’m here with it though I was in a dilemma whether I should do it as last week was quite a disappointing for JA, neither episode were up to the mark nor there was any news of Ekta backing JA despite of the protests. But this post was needed especially for my fast fading hopes.

Monday, 24th Feb “Empty vessels make the most noise”: My title for this episode is of course for Ruqaiya, Mali-Sharif and Adham. The episode was a mixture of all the upcoming tracks, Ruqu-Jodha harem tug-of-war, The “Khas Begum” boat ride drama, The Mewat attack and possible MU between Jo-Ja, Maali-Shariu’s attempt to assassinate Jalal near Nizamuddin dargah and in the end a slightest hint of Adham+Maham’s downfall.
- Ruqu sent Hoshiyar to inform Jodha, she wants to see her. To Jodha’s and Maham’s surprise Ruqaiya was at her worst! She messed with Maham and the latter took her revenge by crushing all her hopes of enjoying the boat-ride with Jalal. Well done Maham, I love you for this!  Ruqaiya asserts with her arrogance that when Jodha  is interfering in almost all the matters and advising  Jalal then why don’t she handle harem from now onwards. To which Jodha politely replied she has no “mansha” for doing so. Don’t you think Jodha is very choosy with her words here ? She first calls it is not her “mansha” means she is not at all interested showing Ruqu that she is capable but do not want to take this and later when Ruqu stops her she says she does not know the people of harem and their needs, culture and ‘Shehenshah’ has given you the responsibility! So does it mean if ‘Shehensha ’ asks her to take up the challenge she will change her ‘mansha’ ? She has exactly done this in Friday’s episode and precap. I do not feel Jodha did not want to take over the harem and rule it. It is something every princess is given dosage of since their childhood. They are born to rule and Jodha is exactly doing that!!!! She is finally showing some shades of humans and I felt somewhere she has sensed Maham’s constant instigations and the sudden changed in Ruqaiya’s behaviour. She knows he who sips with the devil should have a long spoon !! And as she cannot avoid Ruqaiya and Maham at all she is all set to create a place of her own in Agra that none of them can do any harm to her in future. If Jodha does this then I will be happiest as this is what we expect from a heroine as I’m fed up with those goody-goody and cry baby leads.
- Jodha and Rahim scenes are always a treat to watch! This scene was actually a stage for the future boar-ride havoc over the “Khaas Begum”. Jalal should start preparing a thesis on Jodha’s hunars and he won’t be vella as he is now as the list is never-ending.  But to my surprise this time he was not only praising her like a pagal aashiq in love but taunting her in between which stopped me from calling him a majnu. Can’t she see the man is in love with her ? Jodha’s behaviour is quite strange now-a-days, She can sense Ruqaiya’s jealousy but she does not acknowledge Jalal’s feelings!  Either she is too shrewd or she is dumb, I guess only time can answer this. But god, the lady is mighty pleased when he called her “Khaas”.
- Next was the Maali-Sharif scene and I’ll keep it short as it had nothing to mention precisely as the villains were planning and plotting against Jalal and against each other! Is there something new in this? Adham and Sharif did the same in Amer track and fell flat on their faces so I’m not expecting any new in this track. But one thing to mention is why Atgah and Jalal thought of keeping an eye on Sharifuddin ? During the god-bharai ceremony Jalal did not look happy at all with his decision of releasing Sharif but he did so for BB and Jodha’s sake but I wanted him to do some action here. But lets just wait and watch how this upcoming track plays out.
- I’m not giving my views on Sujamal track keeping it for next week as I don’t think this will be a carbon copy of movie. We can expect something different right?

Tuesday, 25th Feb “Sajna hai muze Sajna ke Liye” :  As my title suggests the episode was full of sajna sawarna for the sajana! And Maham pulling all the strings with the threesome unaware of it. I want to praise Maham for this and kick the three hard for not using their brains.

-The episode starts with Ruqu’s bandi trying to give Jalal her message but Shahbuddin stops her saying Jalal is busy with some work. Now here we have the ever present Maham hearing the convo behind the pardah and then coming out to do her saazish! Uff please CVs use some new tricks and give Maham some new ideas of playing out the kaand, this is indeed boring and repetitive.  But nevertheless the Bandi does not mention Ruqaiya’s name and with just the title BEK and when she has left Maham clears the confusion of Shahbuddin with Jodha being the new Khas Begum of Jalal. The courtier when informs Jalal, he is all shy and excited at the same time. He also thinks this Khas Begum is none other than Jodha and replies her back.  Here I see no fault of Jalal and Shahabuddin but only Maham’s shrewd brain to put Ruqu in her place.
- Next we got Jodha. Ruqu and Jalal all dressing up and excited for the boat-ride. I was in stitches when Jalal puts the attar from Bukhara which impresses women! Oh boy, how much he wants Jodha, doesn’t he? But what the fish! He was wearing the same Bappi Lehari dress and for a second my heart skipped the beat. Was he in for another refusal? But no this time the Begum Sahiba is very much sensible and he is very much confident that she will not repeat it again! See the trust he has in her, he has clearly let the “Dhakka” word and its memories to rest in peace. So even if Sujamal havoc happens, is there any room for any new MU? Hmm…tough question but I feel No, and not before the Amer-Agra relations are back to normal and Shivani-Tej matter is solved.
-Maham plays another game seeing Ruqu leaving first. She stops Ruqu with her genuine expressions and keeps her busy so that Jodha leaves early. Everything happens as she has planned! Meh, is there anything new here ?? Maham gloats and giggles with happiness and Resham joins her with his stupid and boring questions. Mumma save me from this pathetic Ekta’s version of Loren and Hardy.
-Jalal is waiting for Jodha and when she arrives and apologises he does not mind and cannot take his eyes off her. *blush blush*, she is all dolled up and he is shining more than Bappi Laheri and beaming with happiness. Again a hand-holding scene *facepalm*. Ruqu arrives late and notices another shahi palakhi and Jalal-Jodha in the boat! I for a second felt she will scream and screech so loud that the couple has to return to the shore. But no she did not do anything like this but went back to palace fuming and banging her feast in frustration. I did feel bad for her after a long time, she definitely did not deserve this but the one who dares to mess with Maham has to face the consequences!!. So you guys do not need me to tell you that Maham was the shows topper. I tell you Ashwini must have threatened the makers to leave the show as she is not getting much screen space and dialogues now-a-days besides running behind Ruqaiya and hence the whole episode belonged to MahaaaamAaangaaa *background music of Maham*.

Wednesday, 26th Feb “Pyar ki Kashti main with Prem confession” : The episode was overall OK types with the boat-ride, Ruqu fuming and asking for justice, Jalal putting Ruqu in her place and finally the “Prem” ka insult. Well do you think Jalal has got a new straightener or new stylist ? He was looking good in his new ‘hair style’ and Paridhi is looking more and more curvelitious now-a-days! But what is with this 5000+ begums and baandi’s ? Oh god, was he just showing her that how popular and in-demand he is ? so that she better agrees with the SR soon! Hehe, I guess men like to flaunt this in front of their women and how can our so-much-in-love Shehenshah who is behaving like a teenager will be an exception!
-The episode starts with the boat ride, which was so-so with no trace of passion between them. But is it me or the scenes was shot with Paridhi’s body double ? Something was missing there, it was not the usual chemistry of Rajat-Pari and Jodha’s expression were flat with no concern when he told her how difficult his life has always been as a Shehenshah. One thing which I liked here there was no MU between them when she repeatedly said she has not called him for this ride and its him who sent her the paigam, for a change they solved this confusion together and Jalal ended up concluding it must be either HB or Salima who wants to see them together. Yuppy we got to see his long lost Shamsheer finally! What did he mean by now he has four eyes ? and Shamsheer being his love ‘till now’ was he trying to remind her Salim Chisti’s words of Marium-Uz-Zamani ? But Jalal my bwoy, do not try to give her hints just do chance pe dance from now onwards as your madame is dumb and she does not understand ishaares.
-Poor Ruqaiya she was all upset and heart-broken and landed up in Jodha’s room to confront her. When she blurt out all her anger and tried to drag Jodha, the later showed her long last dignity and dealt with the fuming Ruqu saying she can come to Jalal on her own, there is no need to drag her.  Is this sudden change and confidence in Jodha is due to Jalal ? I feel so, the sikri trip has brought her more close to Jalal and she no longer considers him a private property of Ruqaiya. Once upon a time there was a Jodha who thought she is coming between Jalal and Ruqu and denied his request of coming to the play room, stopped giving him massage and took a leave from there when Ruqu barged in, repeatedly said to Ruq that she is not at all interested in becoming a wife of Jalal. I’m liking this positive change in Jodha and this is all Jalal’s efforts to bridge the gap between them. See Jalal is not that nikamma! He has passed this seemingly tough test and I give him full marks for this !!!.
-Next we saw Ruqu almost pushing Jodha into Jalal’s hojra with Jalal quite shocked and displeased with his first wife’s behaviour, but he chose to be calm and listened to her pleas. After Ruqu done with venting out he called for Shahabudin! Now friends I know every one of us expected Shahbuddin confessing the blunder was Maham’s khurafat but alas! We are not that lucky and if Maham gets caught then who will do all the saazish and how can this show prove to be a “Saas-Bahu-Saazish” ? Shahabuddin clears that he thought it was Jodha’s paigam for Shehenshah as she is now one of his “Khas” begum and accompanying him in every trip recently. The fuming Ruqu scolds him and when it becomes unbearable and insulting for Jalal, he stops her and asks the man to take a leave. Now this is very much clear to Jalal that it was Ruqaiya’s mistake and none Jodha and Shahbuddin should be blamed for it. He calms her saying this was a ‘galat faimi’ and not ‘galati’. She is a khas begum too! He has given her all the rights and permissions to use his chambers as well as meet him anytime she wants then why she sent the paigam with just the title and did not bother to check why his reply has not reached her! Jalal has put indeed a very good point here. For such a personal outing why Ruqu did not feel visiting him and showing him her excitement for their date ? After all Jalal can’t be busy all the day, there were always two sessions of work during Mughal Era and the Emperors used to take rest during noon. And when once Ruqu herself mentioned that her hojra is closest to that of Jalal then isn’t it her pride and ignorance that she did not visit him at all? But Ruqu instead of realising her mistake accuses him for already concluding on his own that the Khas begum who sent him the paigam must be Jodha and stomps off from his room. I see no fault of Jalal here, it was a blunder of Ruqaiya and she was in no mood to accept it. He then stops the already feeling guilty Jodha and asks her what she would have done if she was in place of Ruqu ? coz for him Ruq’s anger is justified. To which she replies she would have felt bad ofcource but clears it that she is different from Ruqu as she would have considered it an insult of her “Prem” for him. My dear Jallu hearing this goes on cloud 9 and smiles with his battisi. Jodha behaves as if she herself did not understand what she just said but she does turn back to check his reaction. I tell you this woman is not at all seedhi saadhi, she is slowly trapping him in her “Prem” and acting as if she is too innocent!
-One thing to note here, Jalal did not bother to console Ruqu and clear the air with her. He in fact told Jodha that it is totally his decision with whom he wants to spend his time. There are around 5000+ begums and kaneez in his harem and he chooses who is most khas to him. So is it a downfall of Ruqaiya’s so called control over Jalal? We viewers know he is no longer a puppet of Ruqu who claims to control and deny the existence of his various body parts but this track is a reality check for Ruqaiya as at the end of it she has to accept Jalal does have a magnanimous heart which now beats for Jodha.

Thursday, 27th Feb “As you sow, so shall you reap” : Friends my title for this episode is for Ruqaiya. We saw the whole harem turning against her and in no mood to tolerate her Hitler-Shahi. Ruqaiya had it coming, for she always considered other wives of Jalal a trash and kicked baandi’s of harem every now and then. The inmates of harem are not Hoshiyar Khan to tolerate her wrath without committing a mistake! Ruqaiya needs this to realise that she is dealing with humans and not animals who needs her special treatment.
-The episode starts with Ruqaiya trying to sleep as she is too disturbed after the boat-ride fiasco and needs some rest to be back with a bang. But alas! The baandis of harem fights like dogs of streets with slapping each other, screeching louder than Ruqaiya and pulling each other’s hairs. So finally the harem warden has to come in the akhada to stop these fighting bulls. But my question is where were the harem guards ? and what if the baandi’s would have slapped Ruqu when she tried to interfere ? Hehe I wanted the latter to happen. Ok, I’ll keep my ideas to myself for now. So by now Jodha Devi lands in the akhada and when Ruqu asks them why they are fighting like this they tell the story which is very much similar to that of Jalal-Ruqu-Jodha. A kuch kuch hota hai concept of what is more important, Friendship or Love ? Ruqaiya gains some extra weight seeing Jodha there and declares Ruksana will marry Mazhar, our Shahrukh Khan of 16th century. When Azeeza tries to convince Ruqu , the soya hua Hitler in her wakes up and gives a tight slap to her. Jodha Devi seeing this atyaachar asserts the couple are in love so they should be allowed to maary. A heating argument between Ruqu and Jodha ends with the latter saying now Shehenshah will give the final decision. With Maham for a change giving a nod to Jodha. Friends my question is why couldn’t Mazhar marry both ? and who is Ruqaiya to stop him when more than one marriages are officially allowed in their religion?  I see no point in this Mazhar-Azeeza-Ruksana matter and it was just a waste of time as the Maha Episode is on Saturday and they need to kill the time till the Maha Elections. But a thing to note in this scene that entire harem is now against our Hitler Begum and they have now decided to complain to Shehenshah. Maham tries to put some sense to her informing her of Jodha’s growing popularity and her position in trouble but she does not understand as she has gone blind long back in this power game. So Ruqu madam this one was for you, “as you sow,so shall you reap”.
-Jalal for a change is busy with the sultanate matter and when guard informs that all the begums of harem wants to see him he shoos him off saying he has no matter for the harem affairs but when Jodha comes to meet him he is ready to put the work on hold and is so pleased that finally Jodha Mata is giving darshan to her Bhakt. Jodha as usual with her sweet voice and liquid eyes pleads him to look into this harem matter as he is a “nyay Priya” king and will not let injustice happen to any of his praja. Jalal as usual is caught in her trap but is mighty pleased this time and just gives a sisaki thinking ‘Kya kare iss Jodha begum ka, ab kaun bachayega hame inase? Agar Salim chahiye to yeh sab to zelana hi padega’, in short “No Escape”.

Friday, 28th Feb “Agaaz of Maha Elections 1562-63” : Friends tell me have you ever heard of elections in monarchy ? Has the makers gone mad or they are so pissed off with the protests that their brains are not working? Possible! And even cherry on top is Palak Kapoor, the creative head has left JA due to the one and only Santram and hence we have to bear with such nonsense for atleast half of the month of March.
-Well the episode starts with ramp walks of Hamida and cheer leadres, Jodha and her irritating Moti and the showstopper Ruqu and Hoshiyar!! Yeeppy, three cheers for these gangs of Agrapur. Then we saw the mighty Shehenshah in Diwan-E-Harem with the ladies taking places of Atgah,Adham,Munim,Sharifu,Maan Singh and Hakim, but Maham is there as they cannot exclude her because of her supreme talents. So the Shahrukh Khan means our very own Mazhar comes forward with his Kajol and Rani. The man when asked what is his decision he is more confused than Atgah Sahab and Jalal ends up giving them one month’s time to take the decision. Now the most hilarious scene for me was Ruqu and Jodha’s speech and Jalal looking at both of them respectively when talking about Friendship and love. What the fish! Meh, only Maham got the hint, isn’t it a surprise??
- Jalal then asks the ladies if they are happy with his decision, then comes the Agaaz of Maha Election which justifies my title. They complain against Ruqu and Jalal though seems surprised takes Ruqu’s side lalkaaring them to come forward to give a takkar to Ruqu if they wants to change the harem warden. On which the Diwan-E-Harem goes silent but a new addition to Jodha Devi’s cheerleader gang suggests her name to which Jalal seems pleased and Jodha showing Nakhares and denies accepting the challenge. Jalal gives them one days time and takes a leave.
-Next we saw Jodha-Jalal scene with Jalal pretending to be having head-ache and asks Jodha to give him head massage with her mulayam haath. You naughty bwoy, I’m sure next time you will ask her to give her a different kind of massage *ahem**ahem* keeping Salim Chisti’s words in mind. Jalal was adorable in that scene and Jodha when taunts him he ends up instigating her to take up the challenge and clean the harem mess if she is so concerned about its well –being.
-We then saw the unpleasant Ruqaiya fuming over Salima and crossing her limits. The scene put a bad taste but I loved Salima’s reply and she rightly showed Ruqu mirror.  I’m utterly disappointed with Ruqu, I never hated her character but after this scene, her scene with Jalal did not impress me at all as I have no sympathies for her now on.
-Jalal goes to Ruqu’s hojra and when she boasts and degrades his both other wives her stops her by holding her hand just to suggest her that before she does any harm to both of them, he will stand between her and them, but alas! The power hungry blind Ruqu did not understand his warnings and looked miffed with his praises of Jodha.
Friends now, most of us did not like Jalal instigating both his wives but I think this is his way of ‘treatment’ for Ruqaiya. He has sensed Jodha’s growing popularity and being a king it will be in his favour if the deserving person handles his harem so that he will not have to look into its matter. I ask you all what is wrong in that. Though Ruqaiya is his best friend she has failed this time in handling harem and there is not a single complaint but the whole harem including Salima and Jodha are standing against her.  And if he is asking Ruqaiya to prove herself then I don’t think he is doing any wrong as a friend. Ruqaiya’s actions are in question and when she has no support other than Jalal then she has to deal with the tomatoes thrown at her, after all this is all due to her failure and if the harem wants Jodha as a new warden then how can Jalal side-line the fact that majority are standing with Jodha? And keeping this in mind he is thinking like a fair judge keeping all his personal relations aside. Isn’t this expected from an Emperor and a judge ?
   Please share your views and feel free to disagree with me! I would like to read from you all.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Weekend Analysis for JA : 24th Feb-28th Feb

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-03-01, 15:57

Awesome !!,awesome !!awesome !!...Neha love reading your post
 hpee Thumbsup Thumbsup Clap

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2014-03-02, 09:31; edited 1 time in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-03-01, 17:18

Loved reading you Neha.. I haven't watched the show regularly so u have given me quite a nice jist of the story..  long hug

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-03-01, 19:33

Brilliant Post Neha..thoroughly enjoyed it !

I agree love Jo Rahim scenes ...its such a pleasure..Jallu's taunt...Haan I love them  luv   nty  exactly cant she see he is fida over her ..what sort of woman is she if she cant recognise Pyar..they say woman are super sharp when ti comes to soft skills...down down Jodha!!! nty 

Bappi Lahiri dress  ROFL  ROFL  Cant stop laughing Ramji..I too like his hair ishtyle  hpee  Jodha yes same thoughts she does look slim

I liked the previous boat ride better when they went to salim chisti...this one was peeka ..something didnt click

You are so right Ruqs is damn irritating and she deserves this...not one ounce of Royal behaviour the way she shouted at Salima  No 

Elections..whatever this track has to be the worst...its so damn annoying to watch harem politcis

Thanks for the post it was wonderful to relive the past week  Thumbsup 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by KB on 2014-03-02, 09:26

jodha ka pata nehi ki wo sachme jalal ke pyaar mein hai ya nehi?????????? Shocked  Shocked 
b8, i am must in love with ur analysis......... long hug  long hug  Heart  Heart 
gr8 job............. hug1  hug1

KB
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2014-03-02, 09:51

Neha 

Just loved reading you and your post was nothing short of brilliant. You brought everything out so well. I agree with you that since everyone has deserted the show the brains of the director does not seem to be working to introduce a chunav like the one in 2014 in the Mughal Era. Do they really expect us to buy this nonsense. I would like this track to get over as fast as possible.

Please do write more often for your comments are such a pleasure to read.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2014-03-02, 11:41

Lovely humour laden  post Neha.  hpee especially the lovely heading of your each day's summary. Do write more often.
Really what is the serial dishing out? The creative licence is being thoroughly abused.. 

The inspiration for the show was  the mughal king Akbar's lovestory or India's 2014 elction ishtory??e

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-03-02, 15:13

@ All : Thank you for your precious comments!!  long hug 

Hope you all had a nice time reading the post  Heart 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-03-02, 16:59

neha begum ..

enjoyed reading ur post yaar. I got the whole week episodes with ur comments as silver lining ...

loved ur comments for HB and jalal, kuch kuch hota hai- symbolism is a good one. I read twice.. I think reading ur analysis is best than watching daily yaar.,

good work my friend. do continue and make us happy with ur posts. WinkWink

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-03-02, 23:19

Fantastic review Neha.....thoroughly loved reading it...and the apt titles :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-03-03, 12:04

Wow, Apt Headers and  superlative summations ..Brings us the scenes that we would have forgotten into our memories again ..

Hugs Neha begum for being our weekly archivist ...am looking for many more Neha-i-nama in future too  long hug

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-03-03, 16:39

Tanthya wrote:Wow, Apt Headers and  superlative summations ..Brings us the scenes that we would have forgotten into our memories again ..

Hugs Neha begum for being our weekly archivist ...am looking for many more Neha-i-nama in future too  long hug

@ bold : aww Tants, I've gain some extra weight with your appreciation  hppy 

P.S : Meri dieting ki waat lag jaayegi aise to  Clap 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-03-03, 16:41

bdw Can anyone tell me what this "Thanks" button is for ? and does it work for every comment of your post if pressed once ??  scratch 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-03-03, 16:58

neha wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Wow, Apt Headers and  superlative summations ..Brings us the scenes that we would have forgotten into our memories again ..

@ bold : aww Tants, I've gain some extra weight with your appreciation  hppy 

P.S : Meri dieting ki waat lag jaayegi aise to  Clap 

Dieting ..What dieting ?? why dieting ..humao toh nutritious  app hi dete hain .. aap toh healthy , fresh and rejuvenated feel honge  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:56

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum