Latest topics

Of female FELINES and K9s and a whole lot of “PARANTU”s #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Of female FELINES and K9s and a whole lot of “PARANTU”s #1

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-01, 19:59

I suppose this post of mine will be superfluous… a whole lot is being aired… disgust and frustrations against a very promising show which has turned into a circus of b**chy harem politics. The forum must be bursting with it… I didn’t go through all the posts, so I have no idea whether my thoughts have been expressed by others  earlier… apologizing beforehand if I seem repetitive…

One fact that struck me is the way poor Ruqaiyya has been portrayed. History hints at Ruqaiyya being a very cherished wife of Akbar. A childhood friend turned spouse. Their wedding took place in childhood and perhaps they had not the time and opportunity to explore the more romantic shades of their relationship as it would have progressed naturally if they had been left to their own devices. Perhaps they would have grown into adulthood together… perhaps they would have fallen in love… perhaps not. Perhaps they would have found their soulmates in people more suited to their individual selves and retained their friendly banter and comraderie without being moulded by society into a marital bond.

But fortunately, or unfortunately for them, their parents decided that they should set out on the journey of their life together as husband and wife. And they seem happy together.

I will leave Jalal for later… first let me think about Ruqaiyya.

A princess born and brought up… she believes firmly that she is Royal and proud of her blue-blood. And a descendent of Timur no less. She is of the house of Moghuls, bowed down to and spoilt… she has been led to believe that she is above all others. Jalal himself is a Moghul… and Moghuls have achieved supremacy untold… unheard of over Hindustan. And in a harem where there are numerous wives of varying pedigree, it is natural that a Moghul is considered of a higher pedigree. A common human failing… whites regard themselves as superior… but we Indians are no less racist… none of us would prefer a firangi son or daughter in law, would we? As for the North South divide within India itself… yes, an unpalatable but true fact… it does exist. And Ruqaiyya is merely being human here, isn’t she? A flawed but flesh and blood human. She considers herself superior… unfortunately for her… she has been pandered to all her life… and her beliefs have taken root now… not easy for her to change.

And speaking of human failings… has any of us wondered how difficult it is for a wife to share her husband willingly… but Ruqaiyya had to do it. And she had to do it with a smile, however fixed, on her face. It is no secret that Akbar had a whole lot of wives… he married left, right and center… on the pretext of political alliances, no doubt. But they were marriages no less… he had married… he had brought other women into their lives and he had maintained conjugal relations with them. Ruqaiyya had to countenance that. The times and circumstances demanded that she accept it.

But can you blame her for being a woman?

For being a mere wife?

For being human?

She says she doesn’t believe in love, neither does Jalal. She says she is his friend, she understands him best. But she does not tolerate other females in her husband’s vicinity easily. She is disturbed whenever she feels Jalal is developing feelings for another. Poor Ruqaiyya cannot stand it when Jalal favours Jodha. For she knows that Jalal feels for Jodha romantically… that special feeling that he does not feel for her… the companion of his childhood… his playmate… his best friend.

She keeps mouthing about audha, adhikaar, power and stuff… but her poor heart is suffering… the very heart she denies the existence of…

For whether she accepts it or not… she is hurt and hurting even more… she is a wife… a wife who FEELS for her husband… but does not know what to make of her feelings…

Poor Ruqaiyya!

Link to Part 2
http://dhwani.mytvsoapforum.com/t36156-of-female-felines-and-k9s-and-a-whole-lot-of-parantus-2#160821

Link to Part 3
http://dhwani.mytvsoapforum.com/t37786-of-female-felines-and-k9s-and-a-whole-lot-of-parantus-3

Last edited by sonshine487 on 2014-03-17, 19:42; edited 2 times in total

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Of female FELINES and K9s and a whole lot of “PARANTU”s #1

Post by Maria J on 2014-03-01, 23:20

Loved reading u Appu.. Ruqs has never acknowledged her love but she does love Jalal..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-03-01, 23:46

Appu...the title cracked me...... hppy 

What a lovely post....... Thumbsup 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-03-02, 01:12

Appus superb post

Yes the wind has started flowing in opposite direction .even the fans inclufibg me who were eager to see romance between AkDa at any cosy vegan yo realise something is wrong ,terribly wrong somewhere

The way they are portraying ruks is unacceptable to me so as usual I have started skipping episode..
Jalal has turned to hen pegged hobby model evrn though not a hubby to jodha by all means .

Only concernef factor is harem kitchen politics
.like sandhya said in her post the issues except harem are not reaching up to halal

Now its Jodha mahan mission running

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2014-03-02, 01:33

Appu it is a pleasure to read u always!  long hug 
The history books have a mention of Ruquiya as a lady of importance in the kingly life of Jalaludin Akbar... In the male dominated power play she is mentioned with some adab..Forget recognition of Jodha's ambit of influence  there is no common consensus whether the name Jodha was of Akbar's wife or a subsequent Mughal ruler...

I guess this is Ekta's way of balancing the scales in the name of promoting a historical cross faith love story with a disclaimer of only being a Natakya rupantar...

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2014-03-02, 10:55

Appu,

What a fantastic post and a much needed one.Loved reading you and showing the real picture of the story. The CV's have lost the plot and have massacred Ruqaaiya's character to suit their convenience.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-02, 13:26

Maria J wrote:Loved reading u Appu.. Ruqs has never acknowledged her love but she does love Jalal..

Hugs, Maria!
Yes she does feel for him... I doubt it is love... most probably the possessiveness of a normal human being towards his/her spouse... but no less sincere for all that we may never be able to label it "LOVE"

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-02, 13:27

pollyanna wrote:Appu...the title cracked me...... hppy 

What a lovely post....... Thumbsup 
 hppy 
Thanks re!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-02, 13:29

clarissasham wrote:Appus superb post

Yes the wind has started flowing in opposite direction .even the fans inclufibg me who were eager to see romance between AkDa at any cosy vegan yo realise something is wrong ,terribly wrong somewhere

The way they are portraying ruks is unacceptable to me so as usual I have started skipping episode..
Jalal has turned to hen pegged hobby model evrn though not a hubby to jodha by all means .

Only concernef factor is harem kitchen politics
.like sandhya said in her post the issues except harem are not reaching up to halal

Now its Jodha mahan mission running

Hugs, Shami! Long time no see! How r u?
Yeah... drat kitchen politics! Even poor historicals and period dramas aren't spared... only difference from normal Saas bahu dramas is that the costumes are even more outlandish  Twisted Evil

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-02, 14:14

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2014-03-02, 14:45

Lovely Post Appu. You mentioned have the dilemma of Ruqu so well. I hate the CV's for ruining an important character like her to glorify Jodha.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-02, 14:58

amimus wrote:Lovely Post Appu. You mentioned have the dilemma of Ruqu so well. I hate the CV's for ruining an important character like her to glorify Jodha.

I know!
The admirable Ruqaiyya was brash ans straightforward in a very mannish way. She was proprietorial towards Jalal but never descended to petty jealousies
Thanks Ami!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:00

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum