Latest topics

Of female FELINES and K9s and a whole lot of “PARANTU”s #2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Of female FELINES and K9s and a whole lot of “PARANTU”s #2

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-02, 14:12

Link to Part 1
http://dhwani.mytvsoapforum.com/t36094-of-female-felines-and-k9s-and-a-whole-lot-of-parantus-1

Last post I had talked at length about the woes of Ruqaiyya. I had not dwelt much on Akbar or history or Jodha or general politics in the past. I was merely thinking about an ordinary woman whose husband had several other wives that she needed to tolerate with a smile. And Ruqaiyya never professed to be paragon or a saint. She was all flesh and blood… if she ever professed to something it was merely her status, wealth, pedigree and power… and she was upfront and honest enough to admit that she was proud of all these facts.

So what does that make Jalal? Many historians say that most Mughals were fond of women and wine. Though Akbar was indeed a great emperor, that does not mean he was necessarily a saint too. That would also mean that this great love story was pure imaginary hogwash. History does say that there was a Mariam-Uz-Zamani who was Jehangir’s mother. History does also say that she was a Hindu Princess. History does NOT say that she was a “Jodha”. MUZ was a lady of great power. She was said to own a fleet of ships and so on… but History does not attest to a great love-story here. The power of Mughal women was mainly in their luck! If they were lucky enough to birth the heir to the throne, that would make them MUZ and that was their power. Incidentally, MUZ was mother to the heir… but she did not raise him. Salim was brought up by another wife of Akbar. Some say it was Ruqaiyya… others say, it was one of his aunts! But all are sure that it was NOT MUZ… now if there indeed was an immortal love story involved… why would Jalal/Akbar take away “Jodha’s” son from her and confer responsibility of his upbringing on another woman?

Now, coming to the show… what utter balderdash! Jalal is being harried by unrest in the farflung reaches of his empire… revolts are arising… Sujamal is waging war… Sharifuddin is playing up…Adham Khan is unhappy. And he is being dragged into harem politics? And he presides over femme court to decide on a goddamn cat-fight between two maid-servants over a man? Aren’t there lesser officials to decide such matters… why drag the emperor into it… and does he allow himself to be dragged into it?

Tanths is right… Jalal is turning into nothing but Jodha’s cheerleader. Perhaps the frustration that made its appearance on that Royal Visage was not indeed Jalal but Rajat breaking through at what his role has come down to?

Agreed that Jalal had several wives. But the character has been portrayed or is supposed to be portrayed as that of a man who is just and fair… and not as this callous youth who revels in playing one Begum against another. He seems to enjoy Ruq’s discomfiture without actually insulting her or showing her down in front of the other women. As for Jodha’s reactions… he seems to positively gloat over what he thinks is her petty jealousy towards the other women in his life. So what does that make him? I don’t know! I am not finding it very likeable! This whole polygamy thing went over my head anyways… never understood it… never will!

Here Jalal is portrayed as someone who cannot see beyond Jodha Begum whether he is enraged with her or mooning over her. To such an extent that he hurts Ruqaiyya. It is not the first time that jalal has brought a new queen home… He had handled Ruqaiyya well before… why does he fail now?

To be sure, Maham is playing dirty politics…. But that does not mean that he cannot be a little more considerate of Ruqaiyya’s plight?

Obnoxious as she is… she is a favourite of his. He knows well that her recent brashness is her insecurities being revealed. As a husband, does he not feel the need to bring it to her notice that her behavior is showing her in a poor light and by default her husband too is involved by virtue of being married to her? Instead he eggs her on??? How disgusting!!!

Link to Part 3
http://dhwani.mytvsoapforum.com/t37786-of-female-felines-and-k9s-and-a-whole-lot-of-parantus-3

Last edited by sonshine487 on 2014-03-17, 19:40; edited 1 time in total

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Of female FELINES and K9s and a whole lot of “PARANTU”s #2

Post by anurao66 on 2014-03-02, 15:19

Appu,

A great post with some very valid points. It is just too much to see this harem politics and dirty tricks involved when they can really show a part of history during that time. They say when the cats are away the mice will play. The Balaji Films Head in not involved anymore so the minions are having a field day at the expense of the viewing public. Evil or Very Mad

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-03-02, 23:22

My Jallu......i love him.....reel or real doesnt matter.....but for this mayya's version.....

Appu...thanks for this lovely post

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-03, 19:09

anurao66 wrote:Appu,

A great post with some very valid points. It is just too much to see this harem politics and dirty tricks involved when they can really show a part of history during that time. They say when the cats are away the mice will play. The Balaji Films Head in not involved anymore so the minions are having a field day at the expense of the viewing public. Evil or Very Mad

I doubt the aam janta will take kindly to hardcore history
But I think they are making a mistake by not showing actual fight scenes... eg. Sujamal chapter... they are making do with just dialogues... that is simply not enough

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-03, 19:10

pollyanna wrote:My Jallu......i love him.....reel or real doesnt matter.....but for this mayya's version.....

Jallu is getting sadly Sallu'fied
not done!
LOL

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2014-03-05, 10:08

sonshine487 wrote:
pollyanna wrote:My Jallu......i love him.....reel or real doesnt matter.....but for this mayya's version.....

not done!
LOL
Jalu getting Sallu'fied..hmmmm .. Here I thought he was just being human.

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-03-05, 11:44

sunshine99 wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

not done!
LOL
Jalu getting Sallu'fied..hmmmm .. Here I thought he was just being human.

No, no... Koel
I am talking about the real king
Not the character in the show... They are focusing more on the Harem-o'fied version of the Emperor. To be sure he may actually have been a womanizer and also he had the license to bed many women... whomever her pleased... But that is not the most important aspect of such a famous and no doubt powerful King.
Yes, The show is "Jodha Akbar" ... not just Akbar. But that does not mean, they must not show Jalal as a King... actually doing some Empire Ruling... not just running around Jodha sniffing at the hem of her skirts. And why concentrate so much on his pitting Ruqaiyya and Jodha against each other? Can't they show the romance in a more dignified manner... they were both Royals you know, however Human. They prescribed to a code of conduct in those days... and lived by it... They ate, drunk and slept protocol!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:40

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum