Latest topics

Tuned Out --Many Bollywood's loved singers Disappeared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tuned Out --Many Bollywood's loved singers Disappeared

Post by puri_2711 on 2014-03-05, 12:12

Many of Bollywood’s much loved playback singers seem to have surprisingly disappeared into the shadows

IT IS difficult to have a conversation about ’ 90s Bollywood music without mentioning songs such as Tujhe dekha toh yeh jaana sanam, sung by Kumar Sanu, and Pehla Nasha, sung by Udit Narayan. Sanu and Narayan belonged to a breed of playback singers who made ’ 90s music what it was: a bag of melodies that sent their respective film’s box office collections soaring.
Which brings us to the question: where have these singers gone now? One reason behind their disappearance is the fact that today’s music directors prefer working with a new bunch of singers culled from various talent shows.
Not only do these youngsters charge lower fees but their voices can also be worked upon using a slew of audio softwares.
hitlist catches up with these singers to give you the lowdown on what’s keeping them busy now…
Alka Yagnik
LAST PLAYBACK SONG: Yeh hare kaanch ki choodiyan FILM: Milenge Milenge MUSIC DIRECTOR: Himesh Reshammiya CURRENT STATUS: “ A lot more avenues other than Bollywood have opened up today. Besides, I think that there are no melodious songs these days. But with new opportunities coming up, we are busier now than we used to be.”

Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuned Out --Many Bollywood's loved singers Disappeared

Post by Tanthya on 2014-03-05, 12:19

I agree.. Those lots have just been erased ..some due to politics (Abhijit) some due to their self created controversies (Sanu) and some cuz their heavy voice could not suit all ( Udit) .. The only singer who never got her due despite being very talents was Kavita IMO .. I just loved her ranges it the hawa hawai, hum dil de chukke sanam and many more

Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum