Latest topics

--You & Me Meant to Be--

View previous topic View next topic Go down

--You & Me Meant to Be--

Post by puri_2711 on 2014-03-08, 14:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Part 1

At this moment Dev wanted to be anywhere in the world else except here surrounded by people, majority of whom he doesn't even know & neither he is interested to know...he is here just as his Mom tricked him to promise to be part of the party & he was a guy who always tried to honor his promises..& ofcourse with him being sole reason of the party ...no matter how much he tried he cudn't avoid it ... as it happens to be HIS b'day party. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...& marks official announcement of him being part of Board of directors of their Kapoor Group of companies... uptil now he has just assisted his father... 

How he hated this high profile parties ...wish he cud just vanish somewhere...He cud feel almost all pair of eyes on him specifically of parents of girls with a wish to make him as son in law... & who wudn't want him afterall he happens to be most eligible bachelor...with good looks & his father's announcement few minutes back  just adds on...& increases his quotient ...

An hour into the party & he was ready to leave his own party... He was sure he will find the full moon night which he cud see outside from the big french windows , with slight cool breeze...the night outside looked  more wonderful  & peaceful than stuffy atmosphere here in party hall...The calmness of the night will make him feel better ...How he had wanted to celebrate his bday just with his parents...he didn't wanted this big bash, a party with unknown people...but who will make his parents understand who love to throw party at any & every reason...Already he had a busy day at work and all he wanted to do was go home and sleep...

As he made a move to leave...something caught his eye stared at the two unfamiliar faces standing near the door looking all over the place.  He knew they were not from any of such regular parties can make out from their appearance & how nervous they seem to be...He just shook his head ... trust security people to do their job efficiently... & walked towards them to know why they are here...

When he noticed third girl joining the two, which made him stop in his tracks...the moment his eyes fell on the petite woman in the black saree...who came in between the girls... She was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes on...A mesmerizing beauty...that just captivated him on one look.  Her radiant face, void of any make up  just a little kajal under her eye and a light shade of pink lip gloss to her lips... Her silky black hair blew in her face gently as the door behind her opened she tucked her hair behind her ear and continued talking to the two girls...

Dev's heart began beating crazily as he continued to watch her and noticed how nervous she looked and was trying to convince the other two girls to do something... As if in trance Dev continued walking forward... making the girl more nervous... She just lowered her head fiddling with her pallu nervously... & tried to hide behind the two girls... Attending parties was never her thing and coming to one uninvited was even more unimaginable. But now what??  They were surely going be thrown out...& will be insulted...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She shud have never agreed with stupid Shruti, her cousin...who just asked to play that stupid "truth or dare" game & she being a fool decided to go with a "Dare"...
She being new in the city, its just been 2-3 months she shifted here in Mumbai...she doesn't even know whose party is this, whats his name...these group of girls practically gatecrashed a high profile party ... now they gonna be in trouble for sure...& she was worried no one will help them also...

Shruti cleared her throat... & confidently introduced herself...but Dev  ignored her ...& walked further to the girl hiding behind... who was looking nervous as anything ...had her head still bowed ...

Dev-- If u don't mind... would u like to dance with me?
(mentally kicked himself... he doesn't even know her... didn't even introduce himself...or asked who she was ...& directly asked for a dance as if to just get her in his arms... He even forgot about throwing the  girls out![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

Girl looked up when she saw the outstretched hand in front of her... & for the first time gazed him in his eyes... warm, honest and very dreamy eyes any woman could get lost in them... she came out of thoughts when Priya the other girl  nudged her...

Priya--Di, Go ahead...

Dev (smiled)- Please... I would really like to dance with you... just once (flashing that to die for smile)

Girl (almost stammered)--ermm...mujhe dance nahi aata... I...

Dev (interrupted)--woh toh aur bhi acha hai, mujhe bhi nahi aata...so two "not" to tango...(stretched his hand again) no one gonna mark us for our performance here... (added) please ...you cant refuse the bday boy...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Priya (gaped)--aapka bday hai ??

Dev (amused)--I guess it was mentioned in the party invitation card.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].. yeh party issi khushi mein toh hai...Aapko nahi pata tha...

Priya (bit her tongue)--ofcourse, so stupid of me...actually isne (pointing to Shruti)

Shruti
(interrupting) --actually aapko kabhi dekha nahi toh...anyways. Happy Bday Mr. (she thought hard for the name realizing she didn't knew the name) Sorry we just ...

Dev (smiled)--Dev ...Dev Kapoor... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]& can forgive on one condition agar tumhaari Di mere saath dance karle... waise bhi mein yeh party chhodke jaane waala tha... lekin ab rukne ka mann kar raha hai (to the girl) Shall we...

Girl looked back up at Dev who put his hand back out (smiling) Priya nudged her forward then she put her hand in his... It was like a jolt of electricity passing through them the moment their hands met. ... Her heart began to pound when he pulled her close and led her towards the dance floor...

She just stood in front of him looking clueless & nervous. ...She looked around at the other couples dancing then looked back up at Dev... he smiled sweetly & came close to her raising her left hand he placed it on his right shoulder... He then wrapped his right arm around her bare waist, which sent a tingling sensation throughout her body ... She closed her eyes briefly taking a deep breath. He held her other hand and began swaying to the music gently...Automatically her feet began to move just like him as she kept her head down at all times but could feel him gazing down at her... She kept wondering Why did he want to dance with her, there were so many women in the hall why her of all people. She was not even invited to this party... what if he asked who she was? She looked around and saw half the people in the hall looking her and Dev's way...Someone even started clicking a few pictures too.

Dev just couldn't move his eyes away from her simplicity was alluring...She was nothing like the woman he often came across at such high society parties who had attitude & arrogance around them...  She is different, beautiful like a delicate flower. The sweet fragrance that was coming from her hair was intoxicating him and the soft skin around her waist was creating havoc inside him...making him want to hold her even more tightly ...  Just one look and he wanted her in his arms & here she was... He noticed she looked uncomfortable and nervous so tried to start a conversation.

Dev: So, Aapka naam?

Girl (looked up at him eyes bright and wide) Huh?

Dev felt as if he almost died and went to heaven when she gazed up at him like that...the innocence in her eyes

Dev (smiled): Ermm Your Name? Abhi tak aapne bataya nahin?
She looked back down at the button on his jacket very softly): Suhaani...

Dev smiled meeting her was so true to her name pleasant...delightful...

Dev(smiled)--its b'ful... exactly like you...

Suhani (looked up): Huh?

Dev smiled widely that was the second time she did that "huh?" but it was really cute.

She looked back down feeling very shy with the compliment now & the dazzling smile that erupted on his face made her legs feel weak... noticing the song ended...

Suhani--ermm ab main chalu... main...

Dev--Kyun? Mere saath dance karna accha nahin laga aapko?

Suhani: Nahi...Aisi baat nahin hai who...

Dev-Good then please dance for a little longer...see second song started too...& I must say u dance very well.
(smiled seeing the blush creep into her cheeks) waise abhi tak you didn't wished me... 

Suhaani(softly): Oh!! Sorry Happy Birthday (looking up at him with a sweet smile Dev's  heart fluttered even more.)

Dev"You know... aapki muskurahat...ankhon tak paunchti hai...
such a beautiful smile. (she just blushed even more) Waise I don't think we have met before...yeh aapki first party hai ...

Suhaani started to panic...what was she gonna say... He is being so polite... & she was just an uninvited guest...who was a nobody...She was about to say something apologize... when Dev's father made an announcement to come along & cut the cake... the music stopped...& Suhaani sighed with relief...& moved a little away from Dev...
He was cheered and pushed to the front by people around... cud see his mother signaling to come...as he walked ahead looked back but could see that face slowly disappearing in the crowd...Dev just hurried through the formality of cutting the cake...& accepted wishes ...as soon as he saw guests dispersing... started mingling with one another, some went to the dance floor again as the music began to play again...
Dev moved his way through the guests smiling as they wished him...but his eyes searched for Suhaani around... he headed to where he last saw her but cudn't place her around... hoped that she hadn't left he looked all over...sighed with relief when spotted her round the corner guess looking for her other girls...
Dev (reached her)"Gotcha!! Tum yaha ho...& main waha dhund raha tha...(almost dragging her to dance floor again)
Suhaani"dekhiye... mein (trying to free her hand wondered where on Shruti & Priya vanished)...I mean listen... who
Dev "Boliye...I'm listening ...but before that can we continue the dance...
Suhaani (gulped &decided to spill the beans)"Dekhiye Mr.Kapoor I am sorry...(blabbered in one breath) humme yahaan nahin hona chahiye tha ... I know humari galti hai...I mean meri galti hai...I shudn't have listened to Shruti... she just dared me...& we gatecrashed the party...hum yahaan kisiko nahin jaante...kisine invite nahin kiya...we shouldn't be here..sorry I should leave (just made a move to move towards the door)

Just then she saw Shruti & Priya came rushing upto her...

Priya: Di! humme jaana hoga woh aadmi humare peeche para hai (pointing towards security) Guess he knows we have gate crashed this party (looks at Dev) I'm sorry sir we...

The security by then joined them ..

Guard-- Tum log yahaan ho chalo bahaar niklo...private party ghus gaye tum log mein yeh purse lautaana andar aaya aur uss insaan se mila jin ke saath tum log andar aye thi...woh toh tum logo ko jaanta bhi nahin... I will have to inform Sir (Dev's Father)...& police ko bhi bula liya hai maine (grabs Suhaani's hand) bahaar chaliye!

Suhaani (scared)"what Police!!! (to Shruti) had warned you...par tum..

Dev heard everything and saw the fear in her eyes pulled her hand away from the Guard's grip.

Dev (sternly): Excuse me!! in logo ko maine invite kiya tha last minute par...you have a problem... aur tumhare SIR ko inform karne ki zarut nahi hai...mujhe yahaan koi hungama nahin chahiye... u got that?

Guard-- Sorry sir...mujhe pata nahin tha...Sorry Maam (Guard left) 

Shruti(sighed): Thank You Mr. Dev...

Priya (smacked her hand)--: You shud be Sorry!! Remind me never to listen to u !! if it was not for Di main aati bhi nahi... sab iski wajahse only if she didn't have dared us!!

Shruti"Haan par ab toh sab kuch theek hai na...So just chill...

Suhaani"ermm Thank u so much ...& guess we shud leave...

Dev (taking her hand back again): Sorry but our dance was left incomplete (dragging back to dance floor)

As both continued to dance...Dev  held her much closer to him this time and his fingers gently caressed her waist...His touch was making her feel very light headed...she didn't know why he made her feel this way it was like she was gonna melt any second... though it doesn't feel wrong... being in his arms...being close to him feels so right...she mentally kicked herself for thinking so... they hardly know each other, its their first meeting...
Suhaani (thot to herself)"Must be a big time flirt...sab ladkiyon ke saath aise hi baat karta hoga... shakal se , party se hi rich lagta hai... sochta hoga just because he is rich & goodlooking ladki iske aage peeche ghoomengi...do chaar meethi baatein bolega & girls will fall at her feet [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...

Her heart may give her logical reasons to stay calm & composed but what she shud do with her treacherous heart... which flipped when  she bravely looked up at him & found those dreamy eyes staring deep down into her eyes...  she looked back down again going red in the face... In one evening strange emotions were developing inside her...she wanted to shout back at him for just forcing him to dance... & didn't wanted to listen to her heart..she was confused...

Dev smiled to himself...she was such a different young woman...she cud notice confused looks on her face... He knows he never felt like this for anyone...It felt like she was the missing piece of his life...which was incomplete uptil now...Being with her just gave that contented & complete feeling...

It was strange how, he is just getting attracted to someone whom he just met ...both of their thots broke as the music stopped playing...& Suhaani cud see all eyes on them...she moved away quickly...

Suhaani (flustered): Mr. Dev I... I have to go now... bahut der hogayi hai sorry if we have troubled u here at the party... .we shouldn't have come here like this... sor- sorry

Before Dev cud even stop her...quickly grabbed Shruti & Priya who were standing near the drinks ...Three girls just rushed out. Dev just looked on as she disappeared out the door quickly. It occurred to him he knew nothing else about her ... just her name nothing else... He needed to go after her before she disappeared and he never saw her again... Just the thought of never seeing her made his heart ache... He dashed out of the party and ran outside looked around but couldn't see three girls anywhere...

He stood at his terrace...admiring the stars, thinking about how he lived his life alone for so many years...His parents busy with their own lives...busy socializing & he has never been much into social life didn't had many friends except one or two who had been his friends since childhood...even with them he didn't never opened up...Immediately completing his studies in States... he came back &joined his family business...

It has always been a simple mechanistic life for him...from office to home...& vice versa...It was just only him & his lonliness always...& being alone never bothered him but today it did. The moment his eyes fell on Suhaani he knew she was the one and he no longer wanted to be alone...He wanted her to be with him be a part of his life forever... He never felt attracted to anyone like the way he felt drawn to her just one look and his heart ached for her, wanted her, feel her, hold her...
He knows its really stupid to just call it Love...Its just mere attraction...an infatuation which will die its natural death...he will forget her face, name in just few days...as he knows they might not get to meet each other... they don't know anything about each other except their names...But he liked her, if he she happens to come in his life ... he wont mind that happening...

puri_2711
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: --You & Me Meant to Be--

Post by puri_2711 on 2014-03-08, 14:32

welcome to my first FF here :) ..hopefully it gonna be a SS [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]..
 hope part 1 is OK...As always I am little apprehensive coz i am doubtful how it will turn out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  I have kept the leads Dev-Suhaani open to readers imagination....

njoy reading... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...
Any suggestions, criticisms.. all are welcome [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

but commenting is necessary'[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] silent readers can press the like button to let me know u liked reading the part'[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Keep Smiling & Njoy Reading [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Love Purnima

puri_2711
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum