Latest topics

AA:Working in Balaji is like coming home’Says Anita Hassnandani

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AA:Working in Balaji is like coming home’Says Anita Hassnandani

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-03-09, 10:18

Anita Hassanandani Reddy is back on television after a short hiatus. The actress seems to be creating havoc in the life of her onscreen husband in Yeh Hai Mohabbattein. However, of screen, the newly married actress confesses that she’s enjoying every aspect of her new life.

She says, “My life is more comfortable now. I feel settled and content. I have someone to come back home to and I want to leave work early. In fact, I requested the makers to give me weekends off so that I can spend time with Rohit. I try having dinner with him everyday. Setting up a new home is fun and the whole experience has made me happier as well as responsible.”

Before she could begin shooting for her new show, Anita managed to squeeze in a short honeymoon. She says, “We went to the Maldives, Dubai and Colombo. I always wanted go to Maldives for my honeymoon. Rohit wanted to go to Dubai and both of us wanted to see Colombo.” Anita continues, “Rohit keeps surprising me by taking me on holidays. Last year he planned a surprise trip to Udaipur — that was a romantic one.”

The actress adds that Rohit does make it a point to watch her show and give her feedback. “He doesn’t watch it regularly but he does manage to catch a decent number of episodes and gives me feedback on how I look on the show.” Anita does look a lot fitter and the glam avatar seems to suit her well. When quizzed about her new and improved appearance, Anita says, “Yes, I have been working on my fitness so that I can dress up well. Earlier, I would have to think about what kind of clothes would conceal the flab. It’s not like I’m getting any younger; so it’s good to work towards being fit. I hit the gym four times a week and I have also enrolled in belly dancing classes. After I’m done with these, I plan to take up lessons in pole dancing too. It’s a fun way to stay fit.”

Speaking of her show Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, Anita admits that she was apprehensive about playing a negative role. She says, “Initially, I was a little hesitant, as I’ve never done it before. Ekta (Kapoor) told me that she had me in mind for the character and I trust her vision completely. So I went ahead. My character Shagun is edgy and dresses up really well. I am thoroughly enjoying playing the role.”

For Anita, who begun her career with Balaji Telefilms, and went on to work with many projects under the banner, says like this show is a like homecoming for her. “A lot of people think I don’t work outside Balaji but that’s not true. Working in Balaji is like coming home. I know everybody and share a great rapport with the team. Ekta is fantastic and I approach her if I have any doubts as to how to go about anything work-related. I don’t question her suggestions. I have that loyalty towards her. She helped me discover what I want to do in life. Before Kabhi Soutan Kabhi Saheli, I was clueless.”

Anita has also dabbled in Bollywood and South movies, although she admits that she wasn’t offered good work in Hindi films. “I wasn’t getting exciting offers in Hindi cinema. So I took a break until Ragini MMS 2 came up. I have an interesting role in the film. I’m also working in Nikhil Advani’s next and my Punjabi film will release soon.”

Mar 09, 2014 - Natasha Coutinho | Age Correspondent

Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum