Latest topics

Zee TV to take on Star Plus’ ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ with Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zee TV to take on Star Plus’ ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ with Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’

Post by pollyanna on 2014-03-13, 14:14

[size=15.555556297302246]Zee TV is gearing up to throw the gauntlet to Star Plus’ mighty fiction serial ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ with a show loosely based on Jane Austen’s classic ‘Sense and Sensibility’. Produced by Balaji Telefilms, the show ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ will soon take the weekday 9 pm slot on Zee TV. Consequently, the current show ‘Pavitra Rishta’, another Balaji Telefilms show, will shift to the 6.30 pm band. [/size]

[size=15.555556297302246]The channel rules the 8 pm slot with its historical property ‘Jodha Akbar’, again a Balaji Telefilms show, and expects to rub off on the new show at 9 pm. Balaji Telefilms joint MD Ekta Kapoor said, “‘Pavitra Rishta’ has been on-air for over four years now and the journey has been most gratifying for me as a maker. After ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ if there is any other show which is close to my heart, then it is ‘Pavitra Rishta’.” “While the audiences who are hooked on to ‘Pavitra Rishta’ will continue to enjoy the show at 6.30 pm, the new show ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ will open at 9 pm, drawing maximum eyeballs,” Kapoor added. [/size]

[size=15.555556297302246]‘Kumkum Bhagya’ traces the life of a mother who runs a marriage hall and lives with the hope of seeing her two daughters—poles apart in bearing, outlook and disposition—happily married someday. Balaji Telefilms’ association with Zee TV dates back almost two decades when the partnership produced ‘Hum Paanch’. The show features Shabbir Ahluwalia, who plays rock star Akki, and Sriti Jha and Mrunal Thakur, who respectively play the two sisters Pragya and Bulbul. [/size]

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Zee TV to take on Star Plus’ ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ with Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’

Post by chitmanas on 2014-03-13, 14:46

TFS pallu............ that'll be interesting to see, DAB has been in the top spot for quite some time now... i've read, watched and enjoyed sense and sensibility, let's see how this turns out

chitmanas
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Zee TV to take on Star Plus’ ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’ with Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’

Post by pollyanna on 2014-03-13, 14:51

Same here...even i liked SAS...but since this KB will be from Kekta's PH....i want her to surprise me :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-03-13, 14:56

Is this the one based on Sense and Sensibility? Austen is my favorite author, so hope Ekta either sticks like glue to it or veers away totally

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2014-03-13, 15:33

Shanthi
I read somewhere she was remaking Kadukondein Kandukondein. I guess this is the show. Rajiv Menon's movie in which Tabu and Aishwarya acted.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 09:40

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum