Latest topics

AA :Shrenu fills in big shoes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AA :Shrenu fills in big shoes

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-03-21, 10:06

Shrenu Parikh, popular as Aastha on Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 2 has had a long battle to fight, in order to assert her place in the second season of the show. She informs us that hate mail from fans of the original series, was common when she started out. “I’m glad things have changed.

The crew and I kept our cool through all the negativity and it’s paying off now. People are liking our show and have realised that it’s just the name that’s common. The show is completely different from the first season,” she says.

The actor is now sitting back, enjoying the accolades coming her way. “Both Avinash (Sachdev) and I are on Twitter and we keep getting compliments from fans — it’s very sweet. Recently I attended a women’s bike rally and a participant gifted me a teddy bear that was as tall as me,” she gushes.

While viewers have never seen Shrenu’s stern onscreen mother-in-law (Geetanjali Tikekar) ever smile, the actress reveals that off screen she is a totally different person.

“Off screen she’s a sweetheart who keeps giggling like a child. She never smiles in the show, but on the sets she cracks up in between shots. I call her mommy off screen too and share all my problems with her. In fact Avinsh and I call ourselves her adopted kids as we spend all our free time talking to her. She also has a fabulous cook at home so she gets us food every day.”

While fans are loving the chemistry between Avinash and Shrenu, the actor reveals that the height difference does cause certain problems. “Yes, I need to stand on a stool while performing romantic scenes, but we manage to pull it off. He’s a fabulous actor and it’s nice working with him. In fact both of us improvise a lot on scenes since our director isn’t strict and is very open to our suggestions. Many a times we come up with our own dialogues too.”

Shrenu is busy with her shoot, but admits that she does miss her family back home in Vadodara — mother, father and a little brother. “Like every brother-sister duo we fight a lot but when a third person comes into the picture, we become one. Then it’s the world against us.”

And marriage plans, we prod. “I won’t marry a guy from the entertainment industry, that’s for sure,” she says.

Natasha Coutinho Age correspondent

Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum