Latest topics

Jalal's major shortcoming

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jalal's major shortcoming

Post by sandhya on 2014-03-22, 18:23

Inspite of being one of the staunchest Jalal admirers I have to admit to one shortcoming of his - he loves people too deeply and sincerely and he pampers and spoils people whom he loves a lot...

He indulged Bairam Khan a lot and worshipped him. BK's loyalty to the Sultanate is unquestionable. He is the reason Jalal is the warrior he is, and the Emperor. But as Jalal never questioned him, BK became a truant.

Ma is the reason why Jalal is alive. His only solace in a torn childhood. But he gave her too much space which made her take too much liberties.

Ruqaiya - needless to say - diya maangoon tho aaftaab laakar qadam par rakh diya. Allowed her the freedom of using his power endlessly. Petted, pampered and spoilt her.

And Jodha is latest in the list - Jalal has always overlooked every fault of hers. Atmost only teased her for endangering his life, put up with all her rudeness, praised her to the skies whenever he could, and now she resigns the harem post and expects him to come running to her asking why! To keep him at arms length always and approaches him only for others issues - a tool to establish her distinction  (it is not that he is not aware of it all though... the reason why he shoots - tell me, now that you have called me what new law should I pass, what old rivaaz should I change)

Jalal knows and yet accommodates, as he values. He can summon the courage to vanquish a sena, but not to break the heart of his loved ones. He hesitates to ask Jo directly 'whom are you meeting every night' as the hoity toity self-righteous Jodha Begum will immediately question  ' aap mujpe shak kar rahe hain?' as she did in the murthi issue ' do you think that I would have done it?' He is extremely sensitive to his loved one's feelings.

So he has made himself what he is. He has stooped to pick up crushed leaves when dasis stand nearby. He has run behind so much that even his quietness will be criticised. He will be expected to be the teenage boy friend ever ready to run behind his sweet heart, to work for her and solve all her issues (and her family's) and wipe her worries and please her. He always has to do something extra-special. Any regular normal act of his will be greeted with censure. Even if he behaves like any ordinary man in his situation would, let alone an emperor whose word is command in the entire country, he will be bashed.

But all his goodness and pluses have become ordinary and regular now, that even if he behaves normally, he invites criticisms.

Kya karein...kismet hai...and as Jalal always says, yeh kismet usne khud likha hai.
He has to do all the running behind, apologising and weeping...EVERY TIME...whether he is right or wrong. May be in this vanvaas phase too, when Jalal may probably shout at Jo unable to control himself and self-righteous Jodha Devi may march out like she did in the suicide phase.   Very Unfair.

PS: But come what may, rain or shine, ( howmuch ever he makes a fool of himself and stoops) I am always on team Jalal.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jalal's major shortcoming

Post by anurao66 on 2014-03-22, 18:26

Sandhya

I loved this post of yours. All your points are really valid. I loved the orher post of your also. You brought out the loneliness in Jalal so beautifully.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-03-22, 18:41

Sandy, you are making me cry  No No 
Why my Jallu always have to apologize and is blamed for everything ! why can't she behave as a wife and try to understand him....this new spoiler makes me think he has no option to beg for her forgiveness! This woman knows how to solve problem of everyone but when it comes to my Jallu, she has nothing to offer him ! What has he asked from her till date ? NOTHING ....He has always given her, no matter on how bad terms they were with each other he never denied her anything! A husband like him are gem and rare to find. When in todays age a spouse/beau will not tolerate what Jodha has done, this 16th century man is still trusting her and just wants her to come to him and tell everything but is that too much to ask for ? Everytime, every track leaves me wondering is this how a marriage works ? Husband apologizing and wife doing her man-maani and not even taking her husband into consideration !! and not even trying to find out what he is going through! She took the poison to save his life but what about the trauma and pain he faces when she does not care for his feelings ? Is it less than any poison ? No, infact it is equally painful ! I wish Jodha does not blame him for everything this time too and make him feel very little in front of her Mahanta. It is very easy to give lectures and be all goody-goody but one has to take efforts to make a relationship work and I can see only Jallu making those efforts and not even asking for anything in return !. I'm feeling very sad for my poor Jallu *sob sob*
bdw, just one doubt, how come Jallu survived the attacks on him when Jodha and her family were not in his life ? In logo ne to jaise theka hi leke rakha hai and the whole Mughal Army is nikammi  Evil or Very Mad 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-03-22, 18:55

anurao66 wrote:Sandhya

I loved this post of yours. All your points are really valid. I loved the orher post of your also. You brought out the loneliness in Jalal so beautifully.
Thank you anu......... Jalal/ Rajat is the only reason why I watch the show. Else this heroine mahaanta should have sickened me by now.
I view the serial only with Jalal as the pivot/central character...........everyone else hardly matters....including Jo.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-03-22, 19:13

neha wrote:Sandy, you are making me cry  No No 
Why my Jallu always have to apologize and is blamed for everything ! why can't she behave as a wife and try to understand him....this new spoiler makes me think he has no option to beg for her forgiveness! This woman knows how to solve problem of everyone but when it comes to my Jallu, she has nothing to offer him ! What has he asked from her till date ? NOTHING ....He has always given her, no matter on how bad terms they were with each other he never denied her anything! A husband like him are gem and rare to find. When in todays age a spouse/beau will not tolerate what Jodha has done, this 16th century man is still trusting her and just wants her to come to him and tell everything but is that too much to ask for ? Everytime, every track leaves me wondering is this how a marriage works ? Husband apologizing and wife doing her man-maani and not even taking her husband into consideration !! and not even trying to find out what he is going through! She took the poison to save his life but what about the trauma and pain he faces when she does not care for his feelings ? Is it less than any poison ? No, infact it is equally painful ! I wish Jodha does not blame him for everything this time too and make him feel very little in front of her Mahanta. It is very easy to give lectures and be all goody-goody but one has  to take efforts to make a relationship work and I can see only Jallu making those efforts and not even asking for anything in return !. I'm feeling very sad for my poor Jallu *sob sob*
bdw, just one doubt, how come Jallu survived the attacks on him when Jodha and her family were not in his life ? In logo ne to jaise theka hi leke rakha hai and the whole Mughal Army is nikammi  Evil or Very Mad 
Neha, I am making everyone cry as I am crying myself........*sob sob*

I feel like wearing my sports shoes and kicking Jo.

Jalal gives, gives and gives...............and nobody gives anything in return..........
How much has Jalal done for Jo and her family....can't she give him her trust and solace in return......

How many times he tried to make her speak... almost 80% directly, but she lied everytime.

As for a 100% googly,
What if she mistakes it as his doubting her? Where has she exhibited her understanding in him so far ?
In the fake pregnancy track, he trusted her when he had so much at stake when she didn't.
She misunderstood his love confessions as stree ke liye laalsa.
He knows that she cares for him and risked her life for him...but how does he knows that she will understand him?
Did she understand him when he was prepared to give up his throne?
Did she understand him when he caught the snake or even apologise?

Has she ever apologised for any of her taunts or false accusations or mistakes? For the narnaal disaster? While he has apologised for every mistake of his.

She has only spoken to him for others...very rarely for himself. While he has spoken with her more for her and their relationship.

Her understanding him is rudimentary.
While there have been many instances where he has displayed an amazing level of understanding very rare in men.

Just like in romance he is hesitant to take it to the next stage as he is reminded of the dhakka, but she has no solid reason to hesitate,

Here too his 2 wrong accusations are holding him back from proceeding to question her which may sound like the third accusation.

She need not tell him the whole truth. Instead of looking blank, can't she give one small gesture from her end..one look in the eye... just take his hand in hers with support/empathy/care.. look at him without flinching and say 'I started off doing something...I agree it is against Mughal kaide kanoon, but my intention was not wrong... but I have some theories and am seeking proof for it (Sujamal's innocence)... I want to get my head cleared a bit before I'll tell it all to you.. but, trust me when I want to say it you'll be the FIRST one I'll confide it all in...just give me a couple of days.. and you'll know what's happening...but, till then just remember this friend will wish you NO wrong and do you no wrong!...please believe, you have believed me even when I didn't care for you and disbelieved you, and proved my pakeezgi even when Ammijaan doubted me, can you not hold on for some more time, now that we have progressed so far from those initial hatred phases...I promise not to risk myself and will NEVER risk your honour'.

This is all he needs! Doesn't he deserve this much?

He will stand by her like solid rock... no 100 MAs can cause the slightest rift between them.  Why does she always bring pangs for herself and worse for him?

Forget today's husbands and wives, even our parents will boot us if we meet unknown people in the night and refuse to explain or tell lies. Jalal reached the zenith of his characterisation when he said ' I wish you trust me with the truth. I will understand'.  When he has been sensitive enough to feel for the unknown ghulams, when he has forgiven her father who indirectly disgraced his family, when he believed her in the murthi khaand even without seeing proofs, when he was ready to give up his throne to keep up his promise to her, when he has trusted her in BB-Shariffu issue, doesn't she realise his sense of justice  and can't she tell him the whole truth and trust him to do justice to Sujamal too. She didn't fight for Suja to her dad.Why not confide in Salima.

When he questions her, she is going to rush to the forest in despair and have poor Jallu run behind her like mad.
She is unnecessarily torturing herself and Jalal.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-03-22, 22:35

@ Sandy, you are bang on  long hug 
What you have wrote is exactly what was needed from Jodha, she should have just assured him and he would have defo understood and kept patience with her. Just one assurance from her, just one line of 'Have faith in me, I will never go against you and our family' was needed. Itana to koi bhi husband deserve karta hai !!

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2014-03-23, 01:40

Nice post Sandhya  hpee Though he proudly proclaims to be heartless he cares from the heart for people he considers his own.he is "mein ne ek baar jo tumhein apna maan liya toh tumhare saat khoon maaf" and people take advantage of this trust he bestows. Jodha is  the proud Rajput princess who just assumes everyone will know she is doing everything out of selfless vichaar.. Are bhaai Jalu kya antenna hai Jo har waqt bin bole tumhare dimaag ki frequency  catch karega? Bang 

To be fair to Jalal he has been giving hints to jodha to come clean.. she is too adamant to not do it. Why does she not have a mentos moment that Shahenshah has caught on to what I am trying to hide and therefore a clean breast of things should be made.
Ths is like zabardasti Ka making an MU.. How can a smart emperor and his clever wife become so dense on this matter .. You have to see the episodes to believe it.
sorry guys for venting. But this treatment is leaving me very disappointed.Jalal and Jodha deserve better historical representation.

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Reavathy on 2014-03-24, 00:47

Hi Sandhya, superb post  hpee 
Normally whenever you oppose Jo I always differ from yours and argue for her.  But this time I completely accept your views as it is 100% correct!!!

What is jo doing? no brains?????? Just because JA was nodding his head for everything she says, it does not mean that she can take anything for granted!!!

How can she claim that she understood him very well? 

As you said, when JA repeatedly asked her, she could have told him that she is happy that he understands her pain ... but she is not doing anything wrong for Mughal khandhan... she will tell at the right time... his life is under threat by one of his relative ....etc... etc...

I am really feeling very sad seeing JA and his pain (Rajat showing emotions superbly). In tamil we say "sollavum mudiyalla mellavum mudiyalla" - Meaning is like Thirisangu sorgam ...

I always liked jo's character till now, but this track, showing jo in this idiotic manner is really disgusting. How can she go out of the palace in the night? She is going in the secret way or passing the security? No road lights those days na...  is she walk and go without any security/bandi as MA questions? that too with that much heavy jewellery? Ja can atleast inform the securities not to allow her to go outside for the security reason. Why he is not doing so? Either they have to show ja as dump or jo, but Ma is always bright  Wink 

Why she has to resign her CEO Post? Evenif she wants to investigate, it is always better to hold the position which will help to do her Sherlockhomes work freely!!! and why she did not tell her decision to ja? May be she would have thought that  if she tells him he will ask questions and she has to reveal about SJ. Really I don't understand.

Are they showing the reversal? When jo was accused and ja has little trust or no trust on her the mental stress & pain she suffered - from the Ruk's pregnancy track till Ben's track .... Are they showing the reversal by jo now not trusting ja?????

I would like to understand one thing. Shaifudin was arrested in Abu mali's camp is it not? He is the person gave clue of Ben. Then why  nobody is suspecting him? Is mughal's spy dept. is really efficient?

Once again Sandhya superb post ....  Thumbsup

Reavathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:41

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum