View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 201: An abundance of folly

Post by sashashyam on 2014-03-25, 01:17

[size=13.3333] [/size]
[size=14.6667]Jodha Akbar 201: An abundance of folly
[/size]
[size=14.6667]
Folks,

I think Paridhi should go on strike against being forced  to mouth these insanely stupid lines.

Not even the greatest Jodhaphile would be able to explain

1) why she wants to deny freedom of  choice to Mazhar and, presumably force him to marry a female he does not trust at all

2) more important, why does Jodha not ask herself why that Aziza was meeting her ex-fiance even now, behind  Mazhar's back?  Why is her ateet becoming her aaj? After all, Mazhar caught them together, so it must have been very recent. That, to my mind, is the key question, not Aziza's past and why she hid it from Mazhar.

3) what she means by saying that the decision was not right. Does she mean that the one month period for consideration should have been maintained despite Mazhar now being dead set against it?

Poor Paridhi. My heart goes out  to her.

But even more bizarre was Jodha's reaction after Jalal talks ominously of  a begum who is not honest and where that would leave the Shahenshah, with nothing but his duty to focus on, and again when he stresses that everyone is afraid of the Shahenshah and hides the truth from him.

She sees him turn away abruptly even as she begins to lie thru her pretty pearly whites that she is not hiding anything from him. Why she launches on such a lie direct,  instead of keeping quiet,  is beyond me.

So what does she say to herself? Is she afraid that Jalal knows all about her midnight excursions? Does she even wonder and worry about why he has changed so much literally overnight? Or link that to her trips to meet Sujamal, and Jalal having missed her in her rooms  3 nights running (Moti must have told her about it regardless of Jalal forbidding her to do so)?

Not at all. All she says to herself it: Mujhe aise kyon lagta hai ki Shahenshah  humse door hote ja rahe hain? Kya hamare prayaas mein koyi kami rah gayi?

Prayaas?
WHAT prayaas? Lecturing him on everything under the sun in and out of season, and trying to make him adopt all her pet projects? What one thing has she done for Jalal himself, other than the bajre ki roti she made for him - it seems so...o long ago!

The woman is  a combination of a Salvation Army preacher and a schoolteacher. There is not an ounce of womanly appeal in her. She looks upon him as an obedient pupil who pushed thru her pet projects and raises her profile in Agra,  and for two pence, she would pat him on the head for being such a good boy.

This said, the whole business of her protesting against the decision re: Mazhar, where she must have also used the word vishwas (which Jalal then converts into yakeen), was clearly meant to make Jalal tip over finally  from cold sarcasm to white hot rage.I only wish Jodha did not have to be shown as so illogical and dumb in order to achieve this end.

I also wish Jalal   had stuck to icy contempt, instead of this high pitched yelling. Rajat does not look nice doing it, and  a sneering,sarcastic put down, showing her that he knew everything she had been up to, would have been much preferable.

But as you all must have noted, he does make one very important point. He says Gila iska nahin hai ki  aap gair mard se milin. Gila iska hai ki aapne hamse jhoot bola. .. Aap  kis yakeen ki baat kar rahi hain, Jodha Begum? Aapne hamara yakeen toda hai..

He is not accusing her, at least in the opening lines, of infidelity. but of lying to him and breaking his trust. Because of this, he will, eventually, have nothing serious to apologise for. He has only to take the offensive and demand to know why  she had to lie to him repeatedly. Not that he will do it, alas, but maybe, just maybe, she too will, for once,  apologise for her suppressio veri and suggestio falsi both.

One thing I liked:  the look on Jodha's face as Jalal comes up to her after Salima and Rahim leave. She is very eager to placate him, and that shows in her expression  as she looks into his eyes, which are as distant as can be. Paridhi did a very  good job of that fleeting shot.

Now let us think of a fun scenario to amuse ourselves,  and to brace ourselves for the mutual weepfest due  by the weekend.

Firstly, where will Jodha set up camp in the jungle? After all, she is not a Sita, who had Lakshman to do all the hard work. She can light a fire like a girl guide, but can she build a hut by herself?

Alternatively, is she going to do a Sujamal and  perch on a tree for the  night?  Having been a tomboy , she might to able to do that, even in her shahi ghagra-odhni and the cartwheel of a nose ring, which might well get caught in a branch and almost pull off her nose. We can be sure that she will be running away  to the  jungle in her best party wear, plus all her jewellery, all 5 kgs of it.

What if Mohan's cousin/mate/girlfriend lands up in the jungle and terrorises Jodha, to take revenge for her having got Mohan  stabbed to death by Jalal? Tigers can, at a pinch, even climb  as tree. Such a close encounter of the second kind will larn her about nirdosh pashu!

If any of this sounds promising, you can try your hands at embroidering it further.  I am sure you will not run short of ideas!
[/size]
[size=14.6667]And we will have something to laugh at during the rest of the week. We are going to need it. The next unsightly visitation is going to be Sujamal in drag, looking like Shammi Kapoor sneaking into a ladies hostel in a 1960s comedy. Only  this one will be far from funny![/size]

[size=14.6667]Shyamala B.Cowsik
[/size]

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 201: An abundance of folly

Post by neha on 2014-03-25, 09:33

Aunty, awesome post  Thumbsup 
I'm rofling  ROFL  wish your words come true, I would love to watch Jodha begum finding a resting place on top of tree  hppy 
Yesterdays Jodha's argument was the stupidest ever in the show ! Miya Biwi Razi to Kya karega Kaazi....Someone needs to put some sense into Jodha, hope she goes back to Amer and Mainavati takes her class...otherwise Jodha is really hopeless and getting on my nerves...

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-03-25, 09:57

Aunty, my only problem with Jodha is how can she forget the 7 vachans she took for the sake of one stupid vachan of her Brother ? Isn't is very much unbecoming of a wife and a queen ! I find her very unrealistic and shallow ....somehow I'm not able to connect with her character...for me Jodha is another name of hypocrisy  Twisted Evil 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-03-25, 10:09

Thank God, I had missed the episode .. Jalal has thrown up so many pointers/Hints and Jodha who is famed to be intelligent , perceptive has not picked up on the signal.. forget  about being sure that Jalal Might be knowing, she does not even entertain a fleeting suspicion..That speaks of a cloistered and blinkered mind which only sees what it wants too or a mind which is incapable of computing  the P & C's ..

Thank You, Sasha ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by JAISMINE on 2014-03-25, 12:51

what does jallu mean by-gila iska nahi ki aap gair mard se mili.....
so if jodha would have said the truth n said:I want a divorce ASAP,m dumping u,n I want to marry my Amer ka premi.....then jallal would not object Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

gr8 idea to save our weekends aunty, Clap

JAISMINE
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-03-25, 12:52

Aunty, thanks for coming back to writing for JA....loved reading u...especially the wishlist :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-03-25, 12:55

I think he means that he is not suspecting her of having an illicit affair,but only of hiding whatever she was doing, and the reason for her doing it, from him. As you would remember , I have made that very clear in this post.But don't you have any suggestions for Jodha's vanaprasthashrama?Shyamala AuntyJAISMINE wrote:what does jallu mean by-gila iska nahi ki aap gair mard se mili.....
so if jodha would have said the truth n said:I want a divorce ASAP,m dumping u,n I want to marry my Amer ka premi.....then jallal would not object Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by JAISMINE on 2014-03-25, 13:29

sashashyam wrote:
I think he means that he is not suspecting her of having an illicit affair,but only of hiding whatever she was doing, and the reason for her doing it, from him. As you would remember , I have made that very clear in this post.But don't you have any suggestions for Jodha's vanaprasthashrama?Shyamala AuntyJAISMINE wrote:what does jallu mean by-gila iska nahi ki aap gair mard se mili.....

I don't think she'll go to the jungle....lyk Jalal is not luking emotionally strong enough to let her go,plus she she had tears in her eyes in the promo,jallu is sure to melt................but yet if she does go,then she'd probably come across Abul mali.............we'll get 2 c a combat...n as she turns into a durga mata an stabs him with a trishul at the Ambe maa ka mandir,she'll say-ek mutthi sindoor ki kimat tum kya jaano AM babu....(rest of the dialogue)....hamare sawbaagya k chihn ko apne choot pahuchane ki koshish ki hai,hamare pati ke khilaaf saazish karne k liye hum aapko kabhi kshama nahi karenge...papi..pakhandi..etc etc n jallu will hear all this(as he'll come running after her as soon as she leaves),he'll get overwhelmed n after AM's dramatic anth he will remarry joda at the mandir.........then on their way back we'll c the 'JUNGLE MEI MANGAL' track.....back at the agra jallu will order the Jodha Mahal...n some jai jodha mata ki jash....then salim's long awaited entry will occur.....N THEN THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER....

I know this sounds absurd,but the absurdity of the show is influencing me too...so I can't think of better ideas... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

JAISMINE
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-03-25, 13:31

Better ideas? This one will do for me. It is sidesplittingly funny. Especially Jodha's bhashan to Abul Mali! But it cannot possibly be Lived Happily Ever After at just 205 episodes - Ekta must be planning at least 500.Only one request for a clarification. Is Jodha going to borrow the trishul from Ambe Maa before she sets off for the jungle, just in case?Shyamala AuntyJAISMINE wrote:
sashashyam wrote:

I don't think she'll go to the jungle....lyk Jalal is not luking emotionally strong enough to let her go,plus she she had tears in her eyes in the promo,jallu is sure to melt................but yet if she does go,then she'd probably come across Abul mali.............we'll get 2 c a combat...n as she turns into a durga mata an stabs him with a trishul at the Ambe maa ka mandir,she'll say-ek mutthi sindoor ki kimat tum kya jaano AM babu....(rest of the dialogue)....hamare sawbaagya k chihn ko apne choot pahuchane ki koshish ki hai,hamare pati ke khilaaf saazish karne k liye hum aapko kabhi kshama nahi karenge...papi..pakhandi..etc etc n jallu will hear all this(as he'll come running after her as soon as she leaves),he'll get overwhelmed n after AM's dramatic anth he will remarry joda at the mandir.........then on their way back we'll c the 'JUNGLE MEI MANGAL' track.....back at the agra jallu will order the Jodha Mahal...n some jai jodha mata ki jash....then salim's long awaited entry will occur.....N THEN THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER....

I know this sounds absurd,but the absurdity of the show is influencing me too...so I can't think of better ideas... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by JAISMINE on 2014-03-25, 13:35

sashashyam wrote:
Better ideas? This one will do for me. It is sidesplittingly funny. Especially Jodha's bhashan to Abul Mali!Shyamala AuntyJAISMINE wrote:
sashashyam wrote:

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked .....it was horrible,how could you like it Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked .......ne ways I'm glad you liked it,thanks hpee  hpee  hpee    hpee

arre this is the serial world...every thing is illogical here.... Idea  Idea .but maybe she will find another abandoned mandir in the jungle...n decide to stay there...after all she is a princess n can't stay just newhere...being decorated with gold like a christmas tree...

JAISMINE
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Reavathy on 2014-04-01, 00:57

Shyamalji, yr post as usual fantastic!!! Hope your health is better now!!!

Jo's stay in the forest can be in 2 ways!!!

1. She will put some tent on her own - may by her Sujamal bai sa would hv taught her how to put tent in forest, war-side, picnic spot etc. Jo will remember all that and with Moti's help she will put some tent. How she will get the accessories??? With the help of forest woods, ropes etc etc???? hpee 
2. She may use the Forest resort (the house used by Abu Mali) with all facilites - cooking vessels, ingredients, bed to sleep etc.
 She can find out the wherebouts of Abu Mali and also about shaifudin and can inform when JA comes to pick her. May be this time she will give chance to JA  to kill Abu Mali.  hppy

Reavathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:27

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum