Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 202: Cat and mouse game begins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 202: Cat and mouse game begins

Post by sashashyam on 2014-03-26, 01:03

Episode 202: Cat and mouse game begins

Tatasky spoilers:
Don't go by them. For this and other shows, they are at times out of date by days of even weeks.

Ratri vyayeet
heartburning
: Some were joking that Jodha, who was thought to be feeling sad and insulted by Jalal's announcement that he will spend the night with Ruqaiya, should have invited him herself instead. But if Jodha were to actually do that,  Jalal would  turn her down,. That is for sure.

But why should Jodha feel either sad or insulted? Jalal does sketch an aadab in return for her pranam, and sweeps on past her. There is no rule that he has to want to talk to her when she decides to corner him for an explanation (from his side, of course. She does not think she has anything to explain). Ruqaiya has every right to his ratris, and in any case, Jodha does not want any anuchit, ashobhaniya aacharan from him, does she now?

One more thing. Both in the opening and closing scenes with Jalal tonight, Jodha could have won first prize for utter, uncomprehending  blankness. There was not the least expression, or change of expression, on her face, except for the righteous exaltation with which she declares that Aziza had not committed any sin. Lashy dear, no wonderful expressions this time, as even you cannot deny!

By the way, I wish Jalal has asked her why  Aziza found it necessary to have these trysts with her ex  now, after swearing eternal love for Mazhar. That, as I pointed out last night, was the real problem, not her  ateet.

This said, I would also like to see any woman in those days (or even now)  trotting out her ateet in her sasural and expect to be patted on the back for it  and welcomed with open arms. Jodha assertions  on this count are  absolute balderdash. It is all right on the plane of high ideals, but in practical terms, it is zilch.

If Jodha had married a Rajvanshi husband  and told him, when he caught her meeting Suryabhan (alive, of course, not his wandering atrupt aatma!) at the dead of night, that he should trust her and wait for her to tell him the valid  reason for her conduct at the uchit samay,  there would have been only one outcome. He would have pulled out his talwar and cut off her head at one fell sweep, and he would have been applauded for it.

Besides, I cannot imagine how any man can stand such a preachy, self-righteous female, lecturing him day  in and day out. Have you ever seen her do anything else with Jalal? There is no feminine charm, no desire to please, no demonstrative caring.

Except for that one brief interval as Kajri, who  was sassy,  intelligent, resourceful, affectionate and yet subtly assertive, and actually laughed with him, but that is gone with the wind, alas!.

Now it is back to uplifting perorations meant to "reform" him, so that she can rejoice in the reflected glory of her prize pupil.

But Jalal is so besotted with her that till l'affaire of the Mystery Man came along,  he swallowed all the Jodhaspeak bhashans and, like Oliver Twist, said in effect Please, Jodha Begum, may I have some more? Surely this is true love, for nothing else could make a man actually relish such sanctimoniousness!

And here I was, wanting a Diana-cum-Juno who would tame an arrogant emperor and bring him to heel by stages. Never did I dream that Jodha would do this by deafening him with  bhashans! As Sam (flemingo) has noted elsewhere, even the nirdosh pashu pakshi, if left for too long in Jodha's care, would be pleading with Jalal to hunt them, if only to rescue them from his begum's bhashans!

But most of Jodha's officiousness and preachiness is due to the bhav Jalal gives her. Would she have even dreamed of trotting out the lines about ateet  and vartamaan  to Bharmal in Amer?  No. As so many of you have pointed out, did she fight with her father for Sujamal? No. So,  these days, I basically blame Jalal  (and the Hamida-Salima jugalbandi  too, of course) for letting her become what she is. With his constantly  lauding her to the skies for her real, exaggerated,  or at times non-existent hunars, no wonder she is always ready with words of wisdom on every topic under the sun.

Jodha does have many real virtues: a genuinely good and generous heart, kindness and consideration for those less fortunate, a lot of courage, the readiness to forgive those who have hurt her, and the absence of both acquisitiveness and personal ambition.  Set off against these are her schoolmarmish attitudes and constant preaching. And then she has very little perceptiveness about what others are thinking, and no sense of judgment of others either, a dangerous combination.

Some were upset when she chases after Jalal  to tell him that his judgement was wrong. But why ? Is  that not what every conscientious teacher does? She has graded his report and given him an F, and so she runs after him to tell him where he went wrong  and to get him to see the light. And the poor sap, for all his anger and frustration, cannot get at the right questions to ask her.

Regardless, as I had written yesterday, I did not like him screaming at her in the precap/promo - it does not suit Rajat - so the googly  of the CVs today pleased me. I would have preferred something more in the line of subtle sarcasm, but  he did manage quite a neat response that stopped Jodha  in her tracks, and so I was grateful for small mercies.

She is really amazing. One of a kind. Every word Jalal  has been saying to her these past few days  was loaded, and literally screaming  of deep frustration, anger and disillusionment, and yet she has not grasped even an iota of what is wrong between them. Pata nahin kis mitti ki bani hai.

Not just that, she does not hesitate a moment before rushing after him to tell him his judgment was  wrong and to deliver  her zillionth bhashan.  Not for a moment does she see any need to avoid riling him afresh, when things  are already shaky enough between them. As Minnie noted sapiently, Jodha is as dense as the metal in  which she decks herself out so liberally.

Contrary to my fears, Sujamal looks charming as  Dilawar Khan, and his naaz nakhre  were convincing, if a tad OTT. Nice going.

I suppose the next few days will be devoted to a cat and mouse game between Sujamal and Mahaam. I expect it will not be before the end of the next week that the Grand Revelation will emerge with a thunderclap. Till then,  we can look forward to more obliquely accusatory  pronouncements from Jalal and even more uncomprehending/blank reactions from Jodha. How come Moti is not bustling up with her pearls of wisdon to clear up on her mistress' latest woes?

Finally, it is to be seen if Ruqaiya is ready with a nice tel maalish for Jalal (the Dabur Amla Hair Oil sponsors must be protesting the scarcity of head oil massages for  the Shahenshah of late, and the consequent reduction in their inhouse advertising!), or  keeps him waiting as was her wont in the old days, now that she has such a major recruitment problem in the harem to sort out!

Jalal badly needs to attend a training seminar on how to manage multiple begums, and pronto!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 202: Cat and mouse game begins

Post by smitha shankar on 2014-03-26, 13:32

hi  Shocked 
i just saw e24 news they were telling that jodha aka paridhi is quiting the show bcoz of rajat and director shantaram 's torture ....

smitha shankar

Back to top Go down

Post by alena adams on 2014-03-26, 14:04

Yes I have also heard that paridhi is quitting the show

alena adams

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-03-26, 14:05

Dear Smita and all the others who might be reading this,Here is what I wrote on my latest IF thread to calm down the panicking kids there. wrote:My poor , dear Tripti (also Lashy and all the rest of the wailing tribe in the forum),See what you are making me do! I don't quit when I should. Anyway, as you all seem so upset, let me tell you some home truths. You should develop the habit of checking your facts before you all start flapping around like headless chickens!1) Ekta Kapoor's detaching herself on paper from the producer's seat for Jodha Akbar is a ploy so transparent that even a child could have seen thru it. It was meant solely to shield her from any more Karni Sabha protests, by using that Lakshmi Barot as a lightning conductor. Jodha Akbar is still a Balaji production, and it  is listed very prominently, along with BALH, PR etc. on the Balaji TV webpage at http://www.balajitelefilms.com/home/tv.html. Catch Balaji letting go of such a prize show, and for what? 2) When a show is a Balaji show, Ekta calls all the shots in it, whether she is the producer on paper or not. There can be no two words about that.  So she also calls all shots re: the actors. That includes both Paridhi and Rajat.3) Rumours about who is  close to whom and who does not get on with whom are part and parcel of the way show business operates. I would not attach any importance at all to the ones you are quoting. This does not mean that they cannot be true, at least in part. But see, all TV actors work impossible hours when they do daily serials. That is taken for granted. When Paridhi would normally have to be available almost 18 hours a day, where is the question of her being made to work odd hours? Secondly, a daily has to be shot very fast, with next to no time to spare for  retakes,  so where is the question of Paridhi being "kept waiting for hours". Jodha is there all the time, and I am sure the team has no "hours" to spare to keep anyone waiting. It would be impossible to manage the telecast schedules then. It is pure poppycock that has been planted to malign Rajat . One cannot, I presume, malign Santram, who seems to be generally  regarded as a cross between Hitler and Dracula (not the JRM one!).Tripti, the kind of thing you seem to be swallowing whole sounds like such a  standard issue planted rumour that it makes me yawn. Watch Zoya Akhtar's Luck by Chance, if  you have  not done so already, to see how such things are done; it would be educative.Lastly, it is perfectly possible that Rajat and Paridhi do not get along, something that should come as a relief to Paridhi's husband, if to no one else! But how does that  matter? They are both competent actors,  he far more than she is, but both are way about the average, and both must be total professionals. The great Kamalahaasan was fond of claiming that he did not care who his leading lady was and whether he was on good terms with her or not, for he could romance a wooden chair. So can Rajat, and  at a pinch, so I am sure could Paridhi. So it should not matter to the show at all even if they are not even on speaking terms. Dilip Kumar and Vyjayantimala were said to be not on speaking terms when they did  Sunghursh, but their chemistry in that film was superlative.Then there is all the other practical stuff that I had mentioned earlier.So do stop wailing and panicking like this, my dear girl/s. There is nothing to these rumours, for it makes no professional sense for her to quit. If she wants to make it in show business, Paridhi has to be tough, and not cry about long hours and harsh directors.  I am sure she has what it takes to succeed. There! Feel better? Shyamala AuntyWithin minutes of my having posted this, based solely on simple, logical analysis from known facts, young Tripti called Zee and they confirmed that (a) Paridhi is not quitting Jodha Akbar, and that (b) it is still a Balaji show.I was not surprise that she is not quitting. It would have been suicidal.
If an actor walks out on Ekta, I am told  she takes care that he never gets any decent work again. I heard that was what happened to Rajiv Khandelwal who walked out  of an Ekta soap because his character was, what else, being twisted out of recognition. What happened was apparently most educative for newbies like Paridhi. He was blacklisted not just by Balaji but by almost everyone else, for no one likes troublemakers and dissidents. Besides I  read somewhere that both Rajat and Paridhi has signed up with Balaji's new Talent Management Agency. Both must be hoping that Ekta gets them into films.  All the more reason for Paridhi not to do anything  so foolish.  So I knew she would not quit, and now it has been confirmed by Zee as well. So you can (all)  relax!!Shyamala B.Cowsik smitha shankarhi  Shocked 
i just saw e24 news they were telling that jodha aka paridhi is quiting the show bcoz of rajat and director shantaram 's torture ....

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by JAISMINE on 2014-03-26, 17:50

Aunty,Jodha mahaan k dumbness ke khilaf jitna bhi likho,she's least affected by it.... Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 
 you supported Rajat!!m soooooooo happy....we're on team Jalal ok. hpee .......he's such a great actor....his personality is his personal problem....yeh media wale kyun faltu mei bechare ko pareshaan kar rahe hai..........is Jodha not enough????     Just imagine Rajat has to nod his head,smile n listen to pari's bhaaaashan's throughout those looong shooting hours.....he's got nothing to do....n if does not want to talk to the bhaashan queen off-screen...then why is every1 making a mountain out of a molehill  Question  Question  Question

JAISMINE
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 16:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum