Latest topics

TOI :Happy I could give them their 'Asad' when they needed: Raqesh

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TOI :Happy I could give them their 'Asad' when they needed: Raqesh

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-03-30, 14:57

Stepping into someone's shoes is not an easy job at all. For a TV star to replace another popular actor is even tougher. 

When Raqesh Vashisht took on Karan Singh Grover's role as Asad Ahmed Khan in Qubool Hai, it was a tall order to match up to the expectations. Once the fan outrage died, in two and half months the show has seen a stable TRP, the much awaited wedding track between Asad and Zoya. Just when fans were getting used to the new Asad, the production house's decision to go for a 20 odd year leap has led to Raqesh putting in his papers and refusing to age.

And for a change, he's chosen to vent his feelings on twitter, clearing his stand. 

"The production and channel team of qubool hai was very keen to get me on board frm day 1 I knew upon signing my work will be for a specific time period. Many would ask why I took the offer to begin with. Firstly for Gul. I really admired and still admire gul and wanted to work with her. As an actor its important to work with people your thoughts and wavelength matches with and be creatively satisfied. Maybe Gul and I will do something bigger and better in the future. Who knows. Qubool hai definitely presented challenges infront of me. Pressure of replacement, of joining a show in between and its end.But as an actor I am secure to know that closure of shows is not the end. TV is in a great space today with various acting opportunities to offer. I cannot limit myself or my hunger to learn out of fear of anything. Im open to diverse roles and experiments. more than ever.I really enjoyed my stint in the show and am happy I could give them their 'asad' when they needed one. I wish the entire team of #quboolhai and @ZeeTV massive success. May the show prospers for everyone just as it has done always."

Somashukla Sinha Walunjkar,TNN | Mar 29, 2014, 06.47 PM IST

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum