Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 206: Plumbing new depths

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 206: Plumbing new depths

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-01, 02:07

Folks,

This was the most boring and poorly conceived, directed and acted episode in Jodha Akbar so far. I would not have believed that Rajat could ever be flat, but so he was, flattened out  by the dismal script, poor boy.

To go back to my maid's pet phrase,  Yeh Jalal to aadmi hi nahin hai; bina kisi shak ke pajama hi hai.I watched in disbelief as he babbled to Mahaam about having been bewajah  angry with Jodha, and asserted for the umpteenth time that he did not have any shak  about her.

Then, my jaw dropped as he lumbered into Jodha's rooms with the most hangdog expression I have seen him sport so  far. What he went there for beats me, except to practically grovel and apologise for his temerity in scolding her a little earlier for her presumptuous attempt to override Ruqaiya's authority and go behind her back to get the Shahenshah to overrule the head of the harem.

This man has no principles, no  rules, no will power, nothing when it comes to his current obsession. I begin to think he belongs where he landed up after the dhakka, on the floor and at Jodha Begum's feet. Why does he remark bitterly that Aapi cheezon ko bhi meri kadar nahin hai? Isko to khudh apni kadar nahin hai.

Any more of this, and  I at least will be forced to downgrade Jalal for keeps. Poor Rajat, stuck with this pathetic script that is rapidly eroding all that was majestic and standout in his Jalal.

He then turns up at the jashn. I half expected him to start dancing with the khwaja seras, to applause from Jodha Begum, who was beaming like an LED  bulb.

I also expected her to join the multitude on the dance floor, in the interests of demonstrating her firm commitment to universal equality and the universal right to be prasanna. Strangely enough, this love  for the lowly was nowhere in evidence when she used to refer contemptuously to Benazir as woh daasi!

In the event, both of them stayed put, and Jodha's LED beam was suddenly extinguished when Jalal looked at her, not angrily, oh no!,but blankly. As she must have expected him to beam like a twin LED bulb, she looked disheartened.

Uske dimaag ki batti bhi aakhirkaar jalne lagi hai,
to the extent that she feels, with remarkable perspicacity, that the Shahenshah is angry with her. As for why he is so krodith,  she has progressed as far as to articulate to herself ,  vaguely, that it was because of his double descent to the floor of her kaksh, once with her active assistance and once by himself. I was struck dumb by this evidence of deductive brilliance in the hunar ki khaan.

Hamida Banu set my teeth on edge with her relentless piffle, but I amused myself by imagining the reactions of Babur and Humayun to their grandson/son  announcing and attending the jashn for a khwaja sera. I doubt if their reactions, especially Babur's, would have been on the lines visualised by  Jalal's Ammijaan.

I also fully expected Hamida too to trot along to the jashn and preside over it like a benevolent giraffe, but she stayed away, I know not why.

Her asking Jodha to ascertain why Jalal was in the dumps, and her maxim that it was a wife's duty to make her shauhar's mizaaz durust must have been distinctly disturbing to her Jodha beta,  accustomed as she is to believing that it is the duty of all the rest, and especially of her aforesaid shauhar, to make sure her mizaaz is durust.

Let us see what she does next to probe what passes these days for Jalal's mind. This process will undoubtedly be stretched for fully 3 days more, till the explosion comes on Friday.

And what was that about the  Hindu way of washing one's hands ? I did not get it, and in any case  I am not getting any laurel wreaths ready for Jalal just because he is frowning a bit at Sujamal. If recent examples are  any guide, he will go back to his somnambulistic mode by tomorrow.

The only silver lining amidst all this gloom came from the  never failing deviousness of Mahaam. She must have put in some more nifty footwork over the next 3 days to move her  most unpromising subject, Jalal, from his  present hangdog determination never to suspect Jodha Begum,  to accusing her of shamelessly indulging in a naajaayaz rishta, giving  her a hard shove to the couch (the floor is reserved for  him!)  and ordering her to leave Agra by dawn the next day.

Shyamala/Aunty

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 206: Plumbing new depths

Post by smitha shanakar on 2014-04-01, 10:43

hi,
I just luv to read ur post ,yes yesterdays episode was boring, in fact they can show some real facts of AKBAR THE GREAT which we dont know .They can even show the haldighati war btwn akbar and pratap which is not shown in the indian televison till today .theyshld clear the misunderstanding which is piled  btwn king and queen instead of dragging ,they shld show what happened to jodha' s sister that is half eatten,They can even show the nine gems of Akbar ,They did not show what happpened to phir mohammed i think we shld  do the guess work,why dont they show some truth from the history .......
they are just busy to show akbar in drunk state or with ben or with ruks or with maham
apart from this he did not had any work  to do. ????????????

smitha shanakar

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-04-01, 11:18

Love reading you Shayamala 
 hpee  long hug

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2014-04-01, 11:36

Shyamala,

Just was a very apt post. I just caught up with the episode and was bored. What is running in Jodha's mind is really baffling. The fact she is lying to Jalal does not she feel anything and has no idea as to why he is angry with her after him telling her if only she could trust him. How long will they prolong this torture till all the fans drop out?

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-01, 11:55

Aunty, superb post!
 The emperor is now a days nothing but a puppet of Jodha begum! I hate seeing him like this...Its just disappointing for me to watch a character based on Akbar-The-Great stooping so low that theres no hope left for him recovering his brain ! I've no problem if they show Jodha Mahaan but it irks me when he repeatedly says its Jodha begum who abolished slavery...This is like snatching credit from that Man and giving it to a person who was never the reason behind it...I fume, I vent, and I curse EKta for this  Bang 
   Jodha begum's halo increasing day by day at the cost of Jalal's brain and self respect ! You rightly said, everyone is trying to keep her mizaz durust and still she asks "Kya hamare Prayatno me Kuch Kami reh gayi" ! and I just keep staring the screen in disbelief with stracting my head trying to remember what all prayatna she is talking about ?
 I do not understand what are they trying to show! If they continue to show Jodha Mahaan in every single track and degrade Jalal's character along with it then I would definitely end up bashing her and hating her character which I sincerely don't want to  Embarassed

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2014-04-01, 16:13

Neha,

is this crediting Jodha with all the good things done, is being done to appease the Rajput community

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-01, 20:55

Anu, I feel the same! To please the karni sena, Ekta has compromised history and is giving all the credit to HK  Evil or Very Mad 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by JAISMINE on 2014-04-02, 21:13

hmmm.......kya kya expectations the mera is show se......the promos were soooo promising but haye re....yeh kya ho gaya.......I don't have words to express my dukh n dard about the ruthless character assassination of Jallal...  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  .....did ne1 here watch 'Chandragupta Maurya'  which used to be aired on imagine tv.......it was faaaaaaar better than this 'jodha-ka-ghulam' serial..........m soooo sad,hope Rajat gets a good show ASAP.....he does not deserve to b...reserved for the floor of Jodha's kaksh'...n grovel b4 her... No  No  No

JAISMINE
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:27

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum