Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 213: Masterly sophistry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-10, 01:36

Tonight's episode highlighted only one problem . Jalal can see only his own faults, and bends over backwards apologising for them to Jodha. He cannot see hers, nor tackle them, at least not in a cool-headed, practical manner.

He cannot stand up for himself, he cannot assert himself like any normal husband would with any normal wife.  He cannot read her the riot act and call her to order. That is in fact his problem,  and Jodha Begum, who has got used to bending him to her will every time without exception, cannot understand it now if her midnight trysts are not seen by him as  part of the normal behaviour of a paaksaaf patni. One cannot blame her for it, can one! Galti to Jalal ki hai.

She refers condescendingly now to the prem ka kamal jo ghrina ke keechad mein khilne laga,  as as though she was St.Peter opening the Pearly Gates for him, and Jalal reacts with a maniacal stare that shows the whites all around the iris and makes him look demented. Which, by the way, is what he is at the moment. He is so shocked and gratified that I fully expected him to do a shashtaang namaskaar to the absent Kanha.

As Adiana says so perceptively, Jodha does not know the first thing about love - it is never about paana, which is all she thinks  it to be, it is about ek doosre ka ho jana. And she never will learn what it is, asal mein prem karna to door ki baat hai.

I was so irritated by it all that the Jodha defending Jalal cut no ice with me, I am afraid, so you will have to supply that for yourself. They are both benighted idiots, but she is far more destructive than he could ever be.

She pontificates about the vivah ke vachan, and selectively accuses Jalal of forgetting the one that he has to trust his wife under all circumstances. I have never heard of any such vachan. The man promises to provide  for and protect the wife; he does not  give her a blank cheque for all time to come to  behave as she likes.

Which vivah ke vachan has she honoured?  Did she trust her husband when he said he had not touched her? No. Did she honour him? No, she proclaimed repeatedly in public that she hated him.  So what selective vivah ke vachan is she talking about now?

The thing is that she has pulled a very clever stunt with that letter, which is a masterly exercise in sophistry. She has now shifted the blame on to him, exculpated herself entirely, and  pushed the guilt-ridden Jalal completely on the defensive.

And this  just because he allows her to  do so,  since he is besotted with her. A normal Rajvanshi husband would have thrown her into prison or executed her on the spot  on the suspicion of infidelity, and she surely knows it courtesy her maasa and her dadisaa. Woudl Bharmal have tolerated his daughter's midnight meetings, even if they were with Sujamal? Not on your life!

The day before, she was telling her antaraatma  that the fault was hers because she had not told her husband the truth and maintained silence. Now she has apparently changed her tune, and is asserting that no matter WHAT she had said, he should have looked into her eyes and known the truth and trusted her!

So now Jalal is  expected to be a clairvoyant on top of everything else, and peer into her eyes without worrying about another dhakka.

Jodha has also now begun attributing her obstinate and extremely misleading silence NOT to the unbreakable vachan  given to her Sujamal Bhaisa to the thes that Jalal's lack of implicit and unquestioning trust in her had caused her
. She should get a prize for revisionist thinking and re-interpretation of her past utterances and stands!

She of course does not think it necessary to lend even a passing thought to the thes  her very dubious behaviour must have caused her husband, and would have caused any husband. This is a selective blame game with a vengeance!

Now, she goes out from the palace in  the night like Nirupa Roy in the 1960s and 1970s films, with a bundle, the only difference being that Nirupa Roy usually had a child in tow and Jodha lugs along that heavy bronze Kanha. And when Nirupa Roy used to leave her house and hearth, it used to start raining at once, to add to the tragic impact. Here, Paridhi probably does not like getting wet, so it has not rained as yet!.

Here you have a very pretty lone woman wandering all over the countryside. The  risks to her  are obvious. Soon someone, probably Sharifuddin, will  kidnap her, and then Jalal will have go to her rescue.

I am sick and tired of this heroine worship and the pulling down of the male lead. I am sick of this man weeping like a faucet in full flow, and generally looking like a poodle that has been soundly kicked. Even Rajat could not salvage that weepy letter-reading session for me. Has Jalal never heard of dignified sorrow? Why does he cry so much? It is hardly edifying.

Why don't they get rid of Jalal altogether, and have the show solely on Jodha & Jodha?  But they  won't, for it is Jalal who brings in the TRPs,  and the more he prostrates himself, the higher they will rise.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

PS: If Jodha instructs Moti to read her letter to Jalal, she must know  that he cannot read.  Is this a new piece of enlightenment, or if she knew it all along, why did she write the letter that led, eventually to the dhakka?  No one knows, and no one is likely to know either.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 213: Masterly sophistry

Post by clarissasham on 2014-04-10, 02:52

Bang on bang on aunty u said it well full and final

What about the vachans she made

Jalal repeatedly asked her given her chance and as u said she had agreed and now a complete u turn

Though I loved the letter and content for the sake of entertainment , it contained only bhashan the so called

I dont understand one point. Jalal already said he discovered a heart which beats for her , but then y jodha said she will pray he finds a heart

As u said aunty selective perception and selective retention theory can be applied here

Me too fed of this jalal who is using gallons of glycerine .
Till now he was spineless , hen pegged now one more ..the king who gulpwd gallons of glycerine instead of sharbat .....

I want everyone to read your post prior to defending Jo
.thanks lot for this and I now 100 % sure they killed our halal

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-04-10, 13:31

with all due respect aunty
usually i read your posts from start to finish....you have a beautiful way with word which i envy, because more often than not i'm unable to do justice to my thoughts and put them to words... maybe its the lack of maturity or practice....i don't know which
but today (and truthfully, for the past few days) i couldn't find myself to read past the first few paragraphs...especially here after the, and i quote, "jodha doesn't know the first thing about love..."
after that i just skimmed through it.... apologies if offended...
i have been reading your post since the first one you posted but lately have been finding them very anti-jodha..... they are right probably; maybe... practicality wise... but as a viewer who watches the show to enjoy and not analyse and criticise, who loves both Jodha and Jalal, i can't help but cringe...
i'm not condemning your posts...you are entitled to your views and thoughts (as was i when i started disliking dumbledore, which resulted in my temporary stint as pariah till snape rescued me  ROFL  ) and i completely respect that ma'am... but now i wonder if i'll be able to continue reading your posts...
funny thing, i wasn't going to post a comment here cos i didn't agree with your pov and attitude towards Jo but god knows i'm writing this because i'm fed up of all the unnecessary jodha bashing, which happens no matter what she does, across IF... its ridiculous and dissappointing.... atleast i won't be attacked for expressing my thoughts here on your post.... hpee 
but i digress.....
I found Jo's letter beautifully poignant (and not a bhashan, god i hate that word) with no malice intended....infact i can blame neither Jodha nor Jalal for this latest spectacle of a MU... guess its due my over-softie heart.... but i'm glad she's left agra and the crazy inhabitants...ah breath of fresh air ...
i'm sorry if i have offended you by posting this... it was not intended and i have a feeling i'll regret this in hindsight for i respect you a lot...but oh well....you win some, you lose some eh?
sincerely
-C

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-10, 16:48

sashashyam wrote:Jodha Akbar 213: Masterly sophistry

Tonight's episode highlighted only one problem . Jalal can see only his own faults, and bends over backwards apologising for them to Jodha. He cannot see hers, nor tackle them, at least not in a cool-headed, practical manner.

@ bold : I strongly felt this was what her letter meant !

He cannot stand up for himself, he cannot assert himself like any normal husband would with any normal wife.  He cannot read her the riot act and call her to order. That is in fact his problem,  and Jodha Begum, who has got used to bending him to her will every time without exception, cannot understand it now if her midnight trysts are not seen by him as  part of the normal behaviour of a paaksaaf patni. One cannot blame her for it, can one! Galti to Jalal ki hai.

She refers condescendingly now to the prem ka kamal jo ghrina ke keechad mein khilne laga,  as as though she was St.Peter opening the Pearly Gates for him, and Jalal reacts with a maniacal stare that shows the whites all around the iris and makes him look demented. Which, by the way, is what he is at the moment. He is so shocked and gratified that I fully expected him to do a shashtaang namaskaar to the absent Kanha.

As Adiana says so perceptively, Jodha does not know the first thing about love - it is never about paana, which is all she thinks  it to be, it is about ek doosre ka ho jana. And she never will learn what it is, asal mein prem karna to door ki baat hai.

This is indeed beautiful! ,since when love is about paana ? I've heard, read and experienced myself that love is all about ek doosre ka ho jana.

I was so irritated by it all that the Jodha defending Jalal cut no ice with me, I am afraid, so you will have to supply that for yourself. They are both benighted idiots, but she is far more destructive than he could ever be.

Me too irritated with her character portrayal !  Evil or Very Mad 

She pontificates about the vivah ke vachan, and selectively accuses Jalal of forgetting the one that he has to trust his wife under all circumstances. I have never heard of any such vachan. The man promises to provide  for and protect the wife; he does not  give her a blank cheque for all time to come to  behave as she likes.

Which vivah ke vachan has she honoured?  Did she trust her husband when he said he had not touched her? No. Did she honour him? No, she proclaimed repeatedly in public that she hated him.  So what selective vivah ke vachan is she talking about now?

Another blooper, there is no such vivah vachan exists that a man has to trust his wife blindly. She knows she has wronged him and hence accusing him does not suit a princess, leave princess it does not suite at all to any wife. This is indeed silly and pathetically used as an excuse to justify Jodha leaving Agra.

The thing is that she has pulled a very clever stunt with that letter, which is a masterly exercise in sophistry. She has now shifted the blame on to him, exculpated herself entirely, and  pushed the guilt-ridden Jalal completely on the defensive.

This letter reminds me Ruqaiya's letter to Humayun, both these ladies have poured their feelings but it comes out as an emotional blackmailing to Jalal. Ruqaiya's letter was much needed as her marriage was on stake but Jodha's letter ? No her letter has put her marriage on stake.

And this  just because he allows her to  do so,  since he is besotted with her. A normal Rajvanshi husband would have thrown her into prison or executed her on the spot  on the suspicion of infidelity, and she surely knows it courtesy her maasa and her dadisaa. Woudl Bharmal have tolerated his daughter's midnight meetings, even if they were with Sujamal? Not on your life!

Exactly, if Suryabhan was alive and Jodha was married to him I do not think she could have done such stunts, and Bharmal ? He would have punished Jodha for breaking the Rajvanshi code of conduct. But her good luck is, neither her husband nor her MIL goes to extremes when she does not behave like a Queen of Mughal Sultenate.

The day before, she was telling her antaraatma  that the fault was hers because she had not told her husband the truth and maintained silence. Now she has apparently changed her tune, and is asserting that no matter WHAT she had said, he should have looked into her eyes and known the truth and trusted her!

This is self contradictory, she confesses her mistakes to her conscience but blames Jalal in her letter !  Looked into her eyes ? Jodha has not come out of her fairy world where she is always the righteous one. Her husband repeatedly asked her but she sealed her mouth ! This is like ulta kotwal chor ko daante  Twisted Evil 

So now Jalal is  expected to be a clairvoyant on top of everything else, and peer into her eyes without worrying about another dhakka.

hppy 

Jodha has also now begun attributing her obstinate and extremely misleading silence NOT to the unbreakable vachan  given to her Sujamal Bhaisa to the thes that Jalal's lack of implicit and unquestioning trust in her had caused her
. She should get a prize for revisionist thinking and re-interpretation of her past utterances and stands!

A benevolent King like Jalal tolerates this nonsense, I wonder what would have happened if he really was a Jallad as they claimed when the show started. (For me he was never Jallad!)

She of course does not think it necessary to lend even a passing thought to the thes  her very dubious behaviour must have caused her husband, and would have caused any husband. This is a selective blame game with a vengeance!

I wanted her to mention it once in her letter that this all happened because of her one mistake of hiding things from him, but alas the lady thinks she cannot be wrong ever  Shocked 

Now, she goes out from the palace in  the night like Nirupa Roy in the 1960s and 1970s films, with a bundle, the only difference being that Nirupa Roy usually had a child in tow and Jodha lugs along that heavy bronze Kanha. And when Nirupa Roy used to leave her house and hearth, it used to start raining at once, to add to the tragic impact. Here, Paridhi probably does not like getting wet, so it has not rained as yet!.

ROFL  ROFL 

Here you have a very pretty lone woman wandering all over the countryside. The  risks to her  are obvious. Soon someone, probably Sharifuddin, will  kidnap her, and then Jalal will have go to her rescue.

I cannot digest this thing she never gives a second thought to her safety ! She is a woman after all, has she planned where is she staying @ night ? In a jungle ? climbing on the tree like her Bhaisa did.

I am sick and tired of this heroine worship and the pulling down of the male lead. I am sick of this man weeping like a faucet in full flow, and generally looking like a poodle that has been soundly kicked. Even Rajat could not salvage that weepy letter-reading session for me. Has Jalal never heard of dignified sorrow? Why does he cry so much? It is hardly edifying.

Why don't they get rid of Jalal altogether, and have the show solely on Jodha & Jodha?  But they  won't, for it is Jalal who brings in the TRPs,  and the more he prostrates himself, the higher they will rise.

I swear, will bid adieu to this show the day Rajat leaves this show, he is the reason I'm tolerating this crap from CVs

Shyamala B.Cowsik

PS: If Jodha instructs Moti to read her letter to Jalal, she must know  that he cannot read.  Is this a new piece of enlightenment, or if she knew it all along, why did she write the letter that led, eventually to the dhakka?  No one knows, and no one is likely to know either.

I strongly dislike Jodha's act, this show is about a King and his Queen, till date I've not seen or read about a Queen behaving such a pathetically. There were so many ways to resolve the situation and clear the confusion, but if this all is done to make him run after her then this is the height and limit of making heroin mahan ! Jodha simply blames him, does not accept her mistakes and leaves her well-wishers Hamida and Salima worry about her endlessly and of course last but not the least she leaves Jalal to be ashamed of himself when he is not really at fault ! If this is how this love story is going to be "epic" then its a disgusting thing that Ekta could not do justice to the real Akbar The Great and his beloved Heera Kunwari. Jodha cleary forgets his confession, his pain and his love for her, his outburst on Friday night meant nothing. She could only hear him doubting her character but she clearly cornered the fact that he ripped his heart apart to make her realise how much he loves her. Jodha will not understand his love anytime soon, it will always be Jalal who will love her unconditionally.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:02

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum