Latest topics

AA:Jodha director: ‘Being maligned’

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AA:Jodha director: ‘Being maligned’

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-04-19, 12:50

The show Jodha Akbar has been in the news for all the wrong reasons of late, with director Santram Varma drawing flak for alleged “misbehaviour”. Santram, who has directed hit shows like Kyuki Saas…, Kahin Kisi Roz, Kahin Toh Hoga, Kasamh Se, says these allegations are baseless.

Of the report that 90 technicians quit Jodha Akbar at one go because of his alleged high-handedness, Santram said, “Two leaders from the group left and instigated the others to join them; they asked them to quit the show as they had placed them in the production house.”

The director added, “I don’t have any authority to suspend anyone; all I can do is report any trouble to my boss. One needs to understand that the industry is very demanding, with time and budget constraints, we also need to maintain the quality of the output. I feel at any place of work, issues happen but here some people are trying to malign my image. It doesn’t bother me, as my work speaks for itself. If I was so bad, then would I have been able to survive this long in the industry?”

Among the allegations against the director was actress Ankita Dubey’s contention that she had to leave Jodha Akbar because of “mental torture”. Santram said that Ankita had a problem with his using a duplicate in her place for some portions of the shoot. “But one has to understand that a show like Jodha Akbar requires many artistes to be present at the time of the shoot. If I have a long shot of 40 people and if artistes’ dates are not available, we try to use a duplicate and take the close shots of the actor later. The final shoot plan is decided just a day or two before,” he said.

Santram added that he has always maintained a distance from Ankita. “I don’t remember when I spoke to her last. I normally have my assistants give messages to the actors regarding a shot. I must tell you I also have two to three girls in my team and they never had any issues with me. Since Ankita is blaming me, I would request her to please show some proof of this ‘torture’.”

The latest round of reports have also claimed that Paridhi Sharma, who plays Jodha, was planning to quit the show. Regarding this Santram said, “Not all problems are connected to me. I have never had any issues with her. We are professionals. We do our job and leave.”

~~Age correspondent~~

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Re: AA:Jodha director: ‘Being maligned’

Post by Jiggy on 2014-04-19, 19:53

oh well...
now we've got his side of thingd too...
thats good...
i guess...??
who cares... MAHA EPISODE TODAY...!!!!!
yayayayayayayayaya.... hppy

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-04-19, 20:04

Jiggy wrote:oh well...
thats good...
i guess...??
yayayayayayayayaya....  hppy

Yes Jiggy, I feel the same way. Like he said "we are professionals" We do our job and leave. As long as both Jodha and Akbar are intact who cares.  lazee

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-04-19, 20:08

thats good...
i guess...??

I feel if he has given such good serials in the past he must be very talented . And such people do behave somewhat highhandedly arrogantly or rudely .. This has to be tolerated it is like a big star having his starry tantrums
 hppy hppy 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-04-19, 20:11

Nanayaa623 wrote:
thats good...
i guess...??

Yes Jiggy, I feel the same way. Like he said "we are professionals" We do our job and leave. As long as both Jodha and Akbar are intact who cares.  lazee

Yeah as long as we get to watch the show and our Jodha Akbar are intact we are happy
 Clap hppy 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum