Latest topics

Incense Sticks !!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Incense Sticks !!!

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-21, 13:10

Hi All Shehzaadi's and Rajkumari's ,

A Simple seedha saadha Spritewala post Maane  Seedhi Baat no Bokwas !!  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil .. I watched Maha episode in all its sepia tinted glory .. Holding my breath  which came out in a whooosh at the end of it .. A sort of deflation  that was in accord with the episode's direction, screenplay .. At the end of the epi, The song "Jaane Kahan gaye woh din"  Played on a loop in my brain gramophone and considering the fact that I perfectly loath that song, U can gauge how traumatized I was by the shoddy screenplay which did not make mucho sense even when u took tht leap of faith n in this case I did few extra leaps too !!

Todarmal ji continues his Athithi Devo Bhava n helpfully points out that since  it is Holi, Since this is Mathura, hence there being a Kanha temple and double hence one can be assured that Jodha will be at Kanha Temple .. N I gooo Ooohkkayy, If U say so Todarmal sa But May I point out as a womaniya when my heart is broken , participating in a revelry will be furthest in my mind and I woulds prefer to curl up with my parchment manuscript in my humble abode or may just opt to visit a less crowded temple ..to continue my moaning err my mourning !! ..Anyways.. Not that way off beam was this counsel as some women do visit temple , their religious commitment does demand it ... Like Meera bai's did.. So we see Jodha dragged, cajoled into visiting Mathura temple by Shenaz..which was quite correct n in keeping with the mindframe of Jodha Bai ... The reluctance of Jodha to go anywhere was what I meant !! 

It was after this the farce begins... Jodha suddenly develops a mind  to play colors ki Holi !! That is not in sync with  Jodha's mindset .. The change factor  was not addressed properly IMO with the predictable ME sloppiness evident in the SP.. Had Jodha opted to play AFTER seeing the loneliness , the ache of Shenazz ( to play the holi just like others ) it would have made more sense .. would have added to her aura of an unselfish woman who puts the happiness of others more than her own inner desolation..but that opportunity was lost  when  the team suddenly decided to get Jodha Playful  without a good reasoning going behind it ..

Jalal by his MI6 methods smokes out Jodha from her hideout , clasps her  like he got manna from heaven ..What DOES Jodha do? She shrugs off her husband , runs to drown herself, is dragged back by jalal where in she lets loose and gives him several Dhakka's * Bechara, ek Dhakka se abhi tak recover nahi hua n all these will send him to ICU or scar him permanently * ..while Jalal's character saw an elevation of sorts, it was Jodha's character which  went under butcher's knife .. Jodh is hurting, her pride has been crushed , There is anger which shud be there n is there, there is rage .. but the reaction was all wrong for a woman who lived in 15th century . The makers in their desire to establish Jodha as a fiery princess who did not meekly took all the accusations on the chin  failed to grasp a simple fact that in those days.. women pushing or even coming close to their men was unheard off .. why in those days.. even as early as 1970's.. women and men would maintain a 20 feet distance between themselves be it the husband or brother or father .. The credibility  of the show suffers when 21st century sneaks into what is essentially a 15th century piece ..Yes, Jodha was a fiery, independent princess but she was a princess who used her tongue as a sword, her eyes as the cannon balls.. She was a princess born and her upbringing would exclude any physical jousts with her own husbands.. esp when Rajputs were taught to revere their husbands like Ek ling himself...

It was an episode that saw a downward swirl save for the elevation of  Jalal's stature as a man who is evolving in leaps  and bounds ..A man who has developed a conscience , who questions his actions, a man who judges himself harshly with no clemency in sight and yet a compassionate man who willingly puts his life at stake for his people, to do the right things..A man who gives space, who understands, who does not judge others and who is compassionate ..Jalal is on the way to becoming Akbar but it should not be at the cost of Jodha !!  Both are equal partners.. Jodha is the torch that lead Jalal to his salvation.. The torch ought to burn brighter to illuminate and not burn itself out..

Acting... Todar Mal was the bright spark for me .. Shenazz looks and feels utterly fake ... Paridhi and Rajat sleep walked thru their shots... most often their expressions slipping when their dialogs got over ..Paridhi did not sound convincing as the outraged Jodha and Rajat with his pursed lips did nothing to Jalal's shaan as the penitent royal emperor.. somewhere .. the rot has set in ..

Sharif planning, Adham Plotting, Maham conniving... All these points seem to be coalescing slowly into one explosive bomb and it is they who are keeping me to JA and not JA themselves ..

Rajat .. A simple request please... Hit the Gym hard, cut ur hair .. get regal !! ...BRING HIM BACK !!!!! 

Paridhi : You are a princess camouflaging as a commoner and not a commoner dressed as a commoner 

Gritting ur teeth when saying something strongly does not make Jodha strong, it adds a shrewish colors to her ...Use the eyes please.. go full blast in ur eyes rather than gritting ur teeth

All My ladiejjj...come fall in ....... Arguments/debates/discussions ( I always harbored a secret desire to butcher DDLJ tagline  .. So I Did with santram's blessings  hpee  hpee  hpee  )...n Don't be sorry for stating ur POV's..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Incense Sticks !!!

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-04-21, 13:31

My dear Sathya .. You chose the perfect Song "jaaney kahan gaye woh din ..." For the MAha episode ..
Where are those days when we used to love this show and wait for the unexpected twists and turns and the surprises the creative team sprang at us catching us unawares ..
 Miss You 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-04-21, 14:49

Loved reading u Tants.. Looks like another show almost on the verge of being ruined..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by monsi08 on 2014-04-21, 15:02

Ditto ...  hpee 
JA has certainly gone down the drain the last couple of months... there is no intensity between the leads... it gets torturous when Jodha becomes the hero time n again.. and the real hero takes the back seat .. rather hides behind jodha's pallu !
this is unreal.. !
acting wise... both suck at this point of time...
looks wise.. paridhi looks like my neighbor aunty ... and Rajat looks as if he has stuffed a baby elephant !!!
I am watching this show in forwards since last 2 months.. and soon I am going to stop watching it completely.
It has taken the same old kachra soap shows route.. and I am done with it .. !
 long hug

monsi08
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-21, 17:00

--sumana13-- wrote:My dear Sathya .. You chose the perfect Song "jaaney kahan gaye woh din ..." For the MAha episode ..
Where are those days when we used to love this show and wait for the unexpected twists and turns and the surprises the creative team sprang at us catching us unawares ..
 Miss You 

What was on Saturday was typical Balaji fare..A righteous sounding Jodha taking on a hapeless man who was as much a victim as she was ..  I wonder who wrote her lines..cuz in trying to cover all bases, they turned Jodha into a Mary contrary..which somehow showed her as a superficial individual and not a woman who has been hurt immensely by her Husband's shanka !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchu on 2014-04-21, 17:07

I totally agree with u........remember last time Mahaepisode.election wala!!!!!!!uff!!!!& this also..........a episode full of stupidness which will forcefully make the viewers to espress their irritation on this serial....... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Sanchu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-21, 17:11

sanchu wrote:I totally agree with u........remember last time Mahaepisode.election wala!!!!!!!uff!!!!& this also..........a episode full of stupidness which will forcefully make the viewers to espress their irritation on this serial....... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

You might think it strange ..But try as i might..I cannot remember that ME.. scratch  scratch .. although I can remember the older episodes much better but deffo not the electionwala ME ..

Yaara..sirf ME  hi stupid nahi thi.. off late the dialogs have come down .. just compare the early days when  that 90 ppl were there to present day n u will realize what a vast difference lies between  those episodes n the current one's..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchu on 2014-04-21, 17:20

Tanthya wrote:
sanchu wrote:I totally agree with u........remember last time Mahaepisode.election wala!!!!!!!uff!!!!& this also..........a episode full of stupidness which will forcefully make the viewers to espress their irritation on this serial....... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

You might think it strange ..But try as i might..I cannot remember that ME.. scratch  scratch .. although I can remember the older episodes much better but deffo not the electionwala ME ..

Yaara..sirf ME  hi stupid nahi thi.. off late the dialogs have come down .. just compare the early days when  that 90 ppl were there to present day n u will realize what a vast difference lies between  those episodes n the current one's..
exactlyyyyyyyyy................now, cv's should end this serial after sr track...........kyunki agar aisa hi chalti rahi.........to iske trp bhi girenge...........& at last baaki sare serials ki tarah kharab halat mein bandh hoga.........& i don't want this to happen wid my fav serial............

Sanchu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-21, 17:37

sanchu wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

exactlyyyyyyyyy................now, cv's should end this serial after sr track...........kyunki agar aisa hi chalti rahi.........to iske trp bhi girenge...........& at last baaki sare serials ki tarah kharab halat mein bandh hoga.........& i don't want this to happen wid my fav serial............

There are many interesting tracks ahead, Sanchu.. which can be wonderfull..what this CV's have to do is  tighten the script.. get the intelligent Jalal n proud n compassionate Jodha back instead of caricatures of their former selves ..   even better Bring Palak back or someone competent like her... agar unhone woh kardiya toh JA will be back on track..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchu on 2014-04-21, 17:39

Tanthya wrote:
sanchu wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

There are many interesting tracks ahead, Sanchu.. which can be wonderfull..what this CV's have to do is  tighten the script.. get the intelligent Jalal n proud n compassionate Jodha back instead of caricatures of their former selves ..   even better Bring Palak back or someone competent like her... agar unhone woh kardiya toh JA will be back on track..
yaa.i knw that there r still many interesting tracks...........b8 these cvs............they r just unnecessarily dragging each track..........which is harmful for this serials...........

Sanchu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-04-21, 18:02

Tanthya, welcome. Missed your comments very much.
Interesting post on all Characters and the CV's. You have brought the real culprit of this downward trend in JA. I hope good days are ahead.

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-04-21, 18:02

Tanthya wrote:
--sumana13-- wrote:My dear Sathya .. You chose the perfect Song "jaaney kahan gaye woh din ..." For the MAha episode ..
 Miss You 

What was on Saturday was typical Balaji fare..A righteous sounding Jodha taking on a hapeless man who was as much a victim as she was ..  I wonder who wrote her lines..cuz in trying to cover all bases, they turned Jodha into a Mary contrary..which somehow showed her as a superficial individual and not a woman who has been hurt immensely by her Husband's shanka !!

You write so beautifully Sathya .....long hug I agree with you Sathya .. Jodha is a princess and so she should have some regal behaviour some gentleness or elegance .. She behaved like a village woman .. You hve rightly pointed out .. And these things are not small .. To be overlooked or forgotten .. These do matter for TRP juntaa and fans like us .. Who will lose interest ....
 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad No No 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-04-21, 18:06

Never liked righteous females!
Caught on to this simple fact quite early in life...
There is no absolute right...
as there is no absolute wrong!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-04-21, 23:48

First & Foremost...an apt title  cheers 

Loved it Sathu.....mere mann ki bharaas nikal gayi iss post se....

Jodha and Paridhi are below par.....in attire,performance and characterisation...I so very agree wth ur line...princess as commoner and not commoner as a commoner....

Rajat has bloated , guess Srishti is getting dabba  mutton biryani and chicken curry to the sets :P

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-21, 23:59

Sathu  long hug   This is brilliant...your set of advice for the actors cracked me up  hppy 
The show now irks me! give me some of your mantras to find humor in this sad slowly but steadily sinking love story...I badly need it..*sob sob* ....I do not understand this Jodha and the makers have butchered her so badly that everything she does, she says makes her a spoiled princess ! They need to show some mercies on Jodha's character, its high time now.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-22, 00:08

Want the Jalal and Jodha of Nayanaa's subscript.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-22, 00:11

sandhya wrote:Want the Jalal and Jodha of Nayanaa's subscript.

Aiyoo ! I like the smiley  hppy  ....I will use it from now onwards as I'm doing nothing but feeling bad for the show

bdw, what is Nayana's subscript ? I was missing from forum since days *sob sob*

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 00:11

Sandhya ... we all wants it .. We all dooo ...  In fact ..the ME hit me straight in Solar plexus.. and to get  my breathe back n also to de tox..I am flipping thru the images of old episodes.....  Woh Bhooli Dastaan , Hope Phir yaad aayegi , santram ke saamne aakar inspire karegi...  long hug

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 00:19

neha wrote:

Aiyoo ! I like the smiley  hppy  ....I will use it from now onwards as I'm doing nothing but feeling bad for the show

neha Begum... U rofling at my Akdha's...Sigh.. remember those days.. whn jalal rasped," I like to see fear in ur eyes"..

I will protect you from every calamity, disaster, danger but NONE shall save u from me, Jodha .... 

Booooohoooooohoooooo.. I so wanna   Bang  Bang  Bang  Bang   Santram for evicting Palak as well as those 90 ppls

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-22, 00:37

neha wrote:

The first night in tent wali jo-dagger-jalal scene pic................"I like to see the fear in your eyes". Bechara ab begum ka naam lene se bhi dartha hai.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 00:49

neha wrote:Sathu  long hug   This is brilliant...your set of advice for the actors cracked me up  hppy 
The show now irks me! give me some of your mantras to find humor in this sad slowly but steadily sinking love story...I badly need it..*sob sob* ....I do not understand this Jodha and the makers have butchered her so badly that everything she does, she says makes her a spoiled princess ! They need to show some mercies on Jodha's character, its high time now.

Neha Begum.. M searching for it myself ..  the tracks are falling apart..   could be cuz of the fracas between actors n technical crew, could be that Mayya is focused on KKB for now hence this laxity .. but if JA TRP falls.. Mayya will be on it soon... n TRP is the only  hope for now

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-04-22, 01:02

Sandhya,

My name is Nanayaa, and thank you for liking my GM mind I have a very good Head Mistress who taught me well you know… I might be tempted to continue from and then….

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 01:05

Nanayaa623 wrote:
Sandhya,

My name is Nanayaa, and thank you for liking my GM mind I have a very good Head Mistress who taught me well you know… I might be tempted to continue from and then….

Your name rhymes n is close to a  Indian name ..Nayanaa ..Meaning  "eyes" usually implying beautiful eyes  hpee 

Jiggy is going to be a proud girl today.. she got a hardcore GM stoodint...  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-04-22, 01:36

beautifully written Tants.... *applause*
 (i post this pic cos i love these old ladies and look, they are clapping how sweeeeet  aweeeee  hpee )
the jalal doing a MI6 to smoke out Jo....hilarious, love simply hilarious.... if you could see what i imagined when i read that..... never mind  ROFL  ROFL )
agree with your points... CV's need to straighten up and dish out sharper and better episodes...the ones that we loved... the very first ones...the golden age....*sigh*
but most of all....i agree on rajat's need to hit the gym..... and cut his hair... yeh kaisa hairstyle hai....
abul mali ko bhi complex milega...... what happened to those lustrous waves..... Wink 
looks like both Pari and Rajat are a bit fed up of this track.... hence the lack of enthusiasm...
ooh... but i loved pari's outburst and expressions... and rajat's expressions supporting her.... i swear my throat felt choked up in that moment....
as for the resp...
koi humari pukaar sun lo... koi palak ko waapis le aao......

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-04-22, 01:48

Tanthya wrote:
Nanayaa623 wrote:
Sandhya,

Your name rhymes n is close to a  Indian name ..Nayanaa ..Meaning  "eyes" usually implying beautiful eyes  hpee 

Jiggy is going to be a proud girl today.. she got a hardcore GM stoodint...  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
proud as a hippogryph.....

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:57

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum