Latest topics

Of Petticoats n Perfect Cakes !!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Of Petticoats n Perfect Cakes !!

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 11:59

Heyy All JA Riyaya's ,

After the much public wailing, howling and keening of how JA has gone for a toss .. I did a quick recap much like the channels do of recapping the highlights .. and I realized  that all is not lost.. for the script is as strong as ever . Allow me the pleasure of having my monologues ..

The chief diatribe or pet peeve has been the fact that Jalal is shown to have deserted his Kingdom, his administration, abandoned his duties  and is chasing Jodha  without a care or concern.. That The team is showing him as a irresponsible youth , a cavalier with no regard for  his subjects ..  This apparent disrespect to a Emperor who is known as the wisest , far sighted  has  rankled  many a hearts .. for we feel that a Jalal ought not to be shown like this, He is a wise man, a capable man who worked for the welfare of his people n showing him gallivanting  in the countryside, ignoring the needs of his people n indulging in his own pleasure is inaccurate portrayal or wrong...  But what if the team are just being thorough and showing Jalal warts and all ..

There had been a niggling suspicion in my mind that the creatives are following a set course by  combining  sources namely Abul Fazl, Badayuni and jesuit  collections  and taking the most plausible and logical route and at the same time  the element of love has to be included for this is A love story !! 

IT may be surprising to few but a non shocker to many  to know that Jalaluddin Mohammed was least bothered about his kingdom or his administerial duties  until the age of about 22-23 ... Until then The administration was duly handled by the ladies of the palace..Hamida, Maham , Jiji  and his Athalik being the notables.. Hence the disparaging term Petticoat  Government is used to describe this period ..  where was Jalal then..?? True he was not bothered about administration and he did not follow his kingly duties with due diligence but  neither did he ignore all his kingly duties.. Jalal was busy in annexing the neighboring Kingdoms as well as consolidating the kingdoms gained..  f Annexation and Consolidation was going on one side , on the other side his Kabul clan was preventing him from enjoying a Turkish spa treatment with their many intrigues, uprisings , rebellions..  Remember this was the period when Jalal had exchanged the frying pan for fire ... chiefly he had lost the umbrella of Bairam Khan and was under the influence of Maham Anga who was acting as the de facto ruler while Jalal was out hunting, annexing, consolidating  * In THAT order*  ..   The Akbar that we respect, admire was just germinating ..    Akbar flowered only after Jalal started to wean himself away from the  ladies especially from Maham and his extremely devout but intolerant  Mother Hamida ..The process was not a easy one  nor was it fast ..   I do believe that the show is basing and  pacing itself on these events.. just that in the place for hunting deers, Jalal is hunting another kind of deer altogether !!

Another Noteworthy  and well recorded point was that Jalal gradually moved away from Islam ... A couple of treatise mention that Akbar turned more of a Hindu in latter days ( In spirit)  although he did follow the protocol of Islam.. This leaning towards Hinduism would not have come by just because few Hindu courtiers or because of the religious discussions that used to take place regularly.. The influence for it to be effective had to be constant and Jalal had to be involved in it .. That would bring us to House of Amer .. who were Hindus .. It is well known that Jalal always did have soft spot for Amer household and Amer and Ameris were held in high regard.. a position that none of the subsequent Rajputana Household could attain despite getting their daughters into wedlocks with Akbar .. which bespeaks the popular notion that Yes, jalal did care for Jodha; Jodha remained his confidante, his companion and his support..

In Conclusion..  I would say..The show is delivering what it promised ..the evolution of Jalal to Akbar .. it would be unwise for us to expect Jalal to be a Instant Akbar much like the current day Instant coffees ..  The show is faithfully showing us the emergence of a compassionate, intelligent ruler from the heart of a callow youth.. The process of baking Akbar will not be immediate..Many ingredients will go into the cake as will many flavours,,, they ought to be baked  for  proper duration and under correct temp ..Only  then can we get a perfect Akbar gateu  cake Nonpareil ... Patience , My friends  yields a good  piece ... Wink

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Of Petticoats n Perfect Cakes !!

Post by Jiggy on 2014-04-22, 12:03

unres (finally... :P )

first of all... a big hug tants for this positive post with no bashing whatsoever in sight.... long hug 
jhappi pao behen

yes... many viewers and fans of JA are not liking the current track... its understandable... we have been starved of the promised love story and this separation track does nothing to make anyone feel better...
but, as you said, have patience guys...this is a love story and we'll get there
Gangaur is coming up... don't you all remember the beauty and the magic of it the last time we saw our akdha at gangaur.....
shaguni bai's prediction should smoothen our ruffled feathers (after all, that woman is never wrong is she??  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil )  our akdha are going to retrace their steps, and walk down the same path that they did last time...
only here, it'll be more lovely and glorified with mutual love, trust and understanding.....
so patience, patience....
bashing characters will do nothing but ruin your peace of mind... and ours too... hppy 
there are more mellow and graceful ways of showing your disappointment that bashing the characters and name calling....

As for the info on jalal's leniency towards administration, well that surely came as surprise to me...
but its understandable, after all, the golden period under his rule took its own sweet time to occur, as did the assembling of his navratnas.....

Yes, jalal definitely had a soft spot for the amer family and was on very good terms with them. Apart from taking young maan singh under his tutelage and making him one of his navratnas, I've read that jalal send one of his sons Danial, to be brought up under his mother-in-laws care in amer, few days after his birth. Not that Danial was a hindu, just brought up under rajputana culture

Also, I've read this and pasting it here: (source IF, history_geek)

while proceeding on a war in Gujarat in 1572-73, the city of Agra with the Imperial Haram , which was the residence of prominent Mughal ladies(akbar's mother, aunt, foster mothers, other wives, etc.), was stationed under control of Bharmal.,since there was danger of simultaneous attack from bihar and bengal...!!!
It is said the war was to be a gamechanger in jalal's life. For the first and only time, a Mughal king, left his entire family/pride/whatever you say, in hands of a hindu king.this was because there was a danger of another attack from bihar and Bengal, simultaneously.
Clearly its  A mark of great respect/love/belief or close ties with amer.
A fearsome battle was fought in Gujarat, where akbar life was once again rescued by bhagwant das and man singh. 

In this battle, the raja's elder son, Bhupat Rai/ Bhupat Singh was killed.(They have not shown him in the serial till now, hope they will introduce him also.) Akbar made bhupat's killing a personal issue, and allowed Maryam Zamani to go to Amer for mourning Bhupat's death. Again, the outcry of mughal maulvis and ulemas and nobles was severe, as they indirectly accused akbar of giving large freedom to his hindu wife. But akbar again defied them and allowed her to go.
Now, he launched a manhunt for shah madad, foster brother of muhamed Husain mirza, who had killed bhupat. He was caught and personally beheaded by akbar.!!
Clearly, these events show that amer had great meaning in this life.

isn't that reason enough to believe that jodha and jalal/akbar definitely had a deep relationship based on love and caring..... that the love-story we are getting to see is actually true... and that we should enjoy it however its being shown... 

tants, i'm sharing a link here that'll help other members of this forum to see for themselves that what they are being shown is true... that all those scoffing and claiming the show to be a work of fiction are wrong
here, this person has done extensive research from genuine government archives and historical literature...
i suggest all to give this a read, i promise you won't be disappointed and will appreaciate the show and the work put in by the JA team more...
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3929368&PID=101810862&#p101810862

Now can we say that Ekta and her team have done their homework pretty well hmm??
patience i have, I've lasted this long waiting for the love story, a few more days and drama won't kill me....
again, a huge thanks for this positive post my dear....
lots of love and hugs (and spicy food since you love that  hppy )
Jiggs

Last edited by Jiggy on 2014-04-23, 00:42; edited 3 times in total

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchu on 2014-04-22, 12:07

thnx sathya..........4 giving us a new hope..............i'm really grateful to this post.......... long hug  long hug

Sanchu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-04-22, 12:15

Hmmmm......this actually calmed down my temper..... Clap 

I agree Sathu...where ur coming from....we dont want pizza and coffee but still I feel......something from makers  is missing and hence the actual message is not coming across.....the dialogues and acting has gone down......

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 12:22

pollyanna wrote:Hmmmm......this actually calmed down my temper..... Clap 

I agree Sathu...where ur coming from....we dont want pizza and coffee but still I feel......something from makers  is missing and hence the actual message is not coming across.....the dialogues and acting has gone down......

It Did !!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked .. I am a Genius !!!!  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

I am not disputing that fact... Absly agree with you the quality of dialogues have come down drastically and Jalal's urdu also has reduced .. Direction has to get taut again ..I wonder whether Santram  has gone on his periodic leave and the current track could be helmed by his team .. remember the IPK days when Aman was directing n the name we got was Arshad  until the switchover happened.. I feel something like that may be happening here.. Santram might be in hols mode n the tracks are being directed by his team, Sant Baba comes back for Conshumppshun .. I read the Mayya wants to take SR to another level ..Santaclaus might be busy with  THAT logistics Wink  Wink ..

I would apply the same for  lowering of acting too... No hard taskmaster, no danda .. acting takes a dip ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-22, 12:34

Sathu, phew ..I'm feeling a little bit better after reading this, I do agree that he was under the influence of Maham and hence it was called petticoat government. But what most of us are miffed with is the way they are showing him a majnu roaming around and begging for forgiveness from every aira gaira ! He is appearing as a spineless, unwanted creature and everyone is kicking him every now and then but still he does not care  Evil or Very Mad  But I will calm myself down and wait and watch if there is some improvement in his character.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 13:14

neha wrote:Sathu, phew ..I'm feeling a little bit better after reading this, I do agree that he was under the influence of Maham and hence it was called petticoat government. But what most of us are miffed with is the way they are showing him a majnu roaming around and begging for forgiveness from every aira gaira ! He is appearing as a spineless, unwanted creature and everyone is kicking him every now and then but still he does not care  Evil or Very Mad  But I will calm myself down and wait and watch if there is some improvement in his character.

Aww..Neha Begum.. I know How much you love J and I did not mean Jodha !! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  hppy  hppy ..Not just Maham , Although she was high up in the Influencing Totem Pole ..hamida comes a close second too ... I think The Majnu part is catering to the hoi polloi ..  Endow him with Kingly Aura, regal hauteur, royal detachment n the show will nosedive in TRP's.. make him a relatable guy  who feels, reacts like us n we can empathize with him despite his Royal tongue ... case in point being Maharana Pratap  .. IT stays closer to the period yet has not garnered eyeballs.. because of the reasons I had enumerated but look at JA jockeying among top 5... as long as the show stays on Top 5..Zee or BT will not be inclined to tamper much ...

A regular Viewer will not be able to empathize with a lead who is unconnected to regular man's feeling or if he is only seen fighting his neighboring Kingdoms or doing his duty as a king.. His attributes have to be microscoped.. present the lead on a one to one basis with a solo case study instead of group study n viewer will connect.. That is what JA is doing... n thats why  BT is being deaf to the strong critique ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-04-22, 13:41

Right post at a right timing.. I was fed up watching jalal with a sad face..

so.. Sathya begum .. Lemme wait til cake is fully baked with right flavour...

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 13:45

candy wrote:Right post at a right timing.. I was fed up watching jalal with a sad face..

so.. Sathya begum .. Lemme wait til cake is fully baked with right flavour...

Don't worry..U can see him writhing n squirming n doing Nagin dance today, Candy Begum ...

watching the baking is half the fun..  Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-04-22, 13:57

Agree Sathya., Waise nagin dance ROFL in Ben track, they could have at least done tat.. They made her to walk zig zag Bang

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-04-22, 14:08

Tants phew so glad there is still hope...and once this doesnt improve dont think u will be let off for giving us hope  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 14:11

zuzana wrote:Tants phew so glad there is still hope...and once this doesnt improve dont think u will be let off for giving us hope  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Zu Maate ,

I solemnly assure you..in case  this does not improve.. I will spin a yarn that will dazzle ur senses n make u think that  This show actually has improooved  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  n one which will let me off the hook  nty  nty

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Priya.n on 2014-04-22, 14:27

Thanks for the post sathya.. Agree with your take on the petticoat government  Clap 

I am also eagerly waiting for the taste of the perfect cake (journey from Jalal to Akbar) with chocolate icing (Jalal-Jodha's love journey)  hpee .

I used to be very optimistic about Jodha-Akbar. But this separation track is clearly testing my patience. Hope the CV's are also thinking like you and this illogical script soon wraps to something good that we all signed up for.

Priya.n
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-04-22, 15:08

Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:Tants phew so glad there is still hope...and once this doesnt improve dont think u will be let off for giving us hope  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Zu Maate ,

I solemnly assure you..in case  this does not improve.. I will spin a yarn that will dazzle ur senses n make u think that  This show actually has improooved  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  n one which will let me off the hook  nty  nty

Nooo ways we will get lead from now...I want a subdued royal behaved Jodha bolo milega ki nahin  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-22, 15:26

neha wrote:Sathu, phew ..I'm feeling a little bit better after reading this, I do agree that he was under the influence of Maham and hence it was called petticoat government. But what most of us are miffed with is the way they are showing him a majnu roaming around and begging for forgiveness from every aira gaira ! He is appearing as a spineless, unwanted creature and everyone is kicking him every now and then but still he does not care  Evil or Very Mad  But I will calm myself down and wait and watch if there is some improvement in his character.
Tantya
I agree with Neha
They can show jalal developing a soft spot for the ameris but they can't show him begging that too when the lady is so 'I don't care'. The way he was standing by the road side when the Amer royal party left, this was no Akbar in the making. Such a jelly could never have it in him to achieve what Akbar achieved or conquer like how Akbar did. They could have shown him softening for jo and Ameris with his intelligence resourcefulness dignity and grace intact na.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-04-22, 15:32

Loved reading u.. Nice explanation for the track.. waise what is BT?

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 16:04

candy wrote:Agree Sathya., Waise nagin dance ROFL in Ben track, they could have at least done tat.. They made her to walk zig zag Bang

Nagin dance is reserved for the best, They made her do caterpillar dance  hppy  hppy

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 16:08

sandhya wrote:
Tantya
I agree with Neha
They can show jalal developing a soft spot for the ameris but they can't show him begging that too when the lady is so 'I don't care'. The way he was standing by the road side when the Amer royal party left, this was no Akbar in the making. Such a jelly could never have it in him to achieve what Akbar achieved or conquer like how Akbar did. They could have shown him softening for jo and Ameris with his intelligence resourcefulness dignity and grace intact na.

Sandhya, Neha Begum..

As regards that, I am perfectly in sync with you .. His bearing had to be Regal n aloof ..BUT If he were to be so.. It would appear as  if he was a uncaring  cad  who was least bothered about his beloved's imminent departure  from his life * Not world* and That would not gone done well with Aam riyaya ..  Show him hung quartered, salted n roasting over pit fire and watch how TRP shoots... In the end ...Its always about riyaya n not about courtiers ....  BT is currently pandering to riyaya .. Just hope tht they manage to get  Jalal's BL n Jodha's BL as well as their dialogues right...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-04-22, 16:19

Maria J wrote:Loved reading u.. Nice explanation for the track.. waise what is BT?

balaji telefilms

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-04-22, 16:26

Caterpillar dance ROFL ROFL

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-04-22, 17:17

Tanthya, hello dear, thank you for bring the expectation for the better ahead.I love it and keeping hope alive. long hug

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 17:43

Nanayaa623 wrote:Tanthya, hello dear, thank you for bring the expectation for the better ahead.I love it and keeping hope alive. long hug
Nanayaa  long hug ...Its my pleasure..I do love this show , U know .. Lets just hope that it revives post IPL n After KKB hype dies down.. hpee

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-04-22, 19:36

OK, will take ur word for it...
Don't care for the Kingdom
But I wish the  King was a bit more Bratty
and the queen was a little less so
What the devil has that got to do with Maham's petticoats, by the way?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-04-22, 19:45

sonshine487 wrote:OK, will take ur word for it...
hehe... maham's petticoats...

ROFL
any sentence featuring maham's petticoats sound hilarious ROFL ROFL
and you 'what the devil' reminds me of joe moses' severus snape from 'a very potter musical' ROFL

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2014-04-22, 19:52

Jiggy wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:OK, will take ur word for it...
hehe... maham's petticoats...

ROFL
any sentence featuring maham's petticoats sound hilarious  ROFL  ROFL
and you 'what the devil' reminds me of joe moses' severus snape from 'a very potter musical'  ROFL

hppy 
what the devil is a pet phrase of mine
I am a fan of Heyer, you see!
besides I am hopelessly and helplessly and permanently in love with all things devilish!
 ROFL

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 09:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum