Latest topics

2 STATES--Movie Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 STATES--Movie Review

Post by pollyanna on 2014-04-22, 16:11

#2States #Review @aaliaa08 

If Chetan Bhagat's best selling novel was "pedestrian", then Abhishek Varman's BO biggest opener of 2014 is "footpath"  Evil or Very Mad 

Let me elucidate with some pointers for my caustic remark:-

1. Cliched route--Are all Punjabis crude, crass and perpetually high on daaru with chicken & money? Are all Madrasis pro in classical music, eat on banana leaf at home and wear nine yards while managing household chores? If not, then why go down the run of the mill way and make a caricature of the characters? Agreed, you got the book as a reference point but who stopped the team from letting the creative juices flow while adapting the screenplay? Bang 

2. Casting Blunder-- A petite Aalia opposite beefed up Arjun, one sleep talks and another's talk puts u to sleep. Aalia's performance was average and off the mark, she is definitely a director's actor  and I do not want to waste my another breath on the director in context right now. Arjun is the weakest link in the entire movie, his surname is all that he has. Revathy, Amrita,Achint and Shiv were the highlights of the movie so much so that, they owned the scenes even when the leads were present in the same frame. Ronit is still in his Udaan days.  Shocked 

3. Lack of attention to details--First the timelines,does the duration of MBA course @IIMA  take a decade?? #Justasking  because Placements 2014 banner glowed in crimson yellow whereas the course started somewhere in mid 1990s  Rolling Eyes 

Secondly, the heroine clad in typical South Indian saree with flowers bedecking her hair sways to Punjabi music but doesnt sport a bindi, while the very next moment, during the Punjabi marriage, she is dressed in an Indian attire(bereft of flowers) but has a bindi to accentuate her beauty. Was this a deliberate miss??  Idea 

Third, What was the exact reason of the hero going for a psychological help? Did the makers expect the public who will throng the theatres on 18th April and the days after ,has already read CB's book and hence they are at liberty to presume and assume things and the loopholes in the screenplay would go unnoticed . No ullu banaoing!!!  affraid 

Last but not the least, the Madrasi mom who never gave a miss to nine yards throughout the span of movie, divorces Madisaru and drapes six yards for her daughter's pious wedding celebration. Care to explain the anomaly please?  scratch 

4. Music--SEL is a big disappointment, songs stay with you as long as the scene gets played.  No 

The only two things which will make me watch the movie again when aired on TV are:

1. Cinematography --Some breath taking shots which will make one visit Chennai and Mahabalipuram. The chaos of Delhi's exterior juxtaposed with the turmoil of Arjun's interior.  cheers 

2. Revathi's rendition of "Saathiya , yeh tune kya kiya" will definitely make you feel nostalgic.  bounce 

On a side note-- I would have given a thumbs up to the business acumen of CB if he had given the rights of his novel to a TV producer and not a filmmaker just as Manju Kapur did with her Custody.  party4 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 STATES--Movie Review

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-04-22, 16:17

Res

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-22, 16:18

hppy .. Thank You for saving my money..U are a better girl than Kotak mahindra  ... Muhwazzz ..

Loved the concise style .. Revathy is a excellent performer n without being boastful.. I will say none in that ensemble apart from Achint kaur stand a chance IMO>>

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2014-04-22, 16:50

I have to second Sathya here.......thank god u saved me the torture of watching the movie. ...:)

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-04-22, 16:50

Tanthya wrote:hppy .. Thank You for saving my money..U are a better girl than Kotak mahindra  ... Muhwazzz ..

Loved the concise style .. Revathy is a excellent performer n without being boastful.. I will say none in that ensemble apart from Achint kaur stand a chance IMO>>

True that Sathu...Revathy was such a pleasant face on the screen.....but she was wasted....u got to see her singing that melody of songs.....that was the seeti bajao moment.....

Achint was also a surprise, I wud say even Amrita did fairly well....but overall this movie is such a dud....

Its feels good  that i cud save ur money in this mehengai waqt  hppy

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-04-22, 16:51

Hahhah Sharmi....both of u send me GIFTS now.....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-04-22, 16:58

Loved reading u Pals.. So I'm lucky my plans to watch it got cancelled  hpee

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-04-22, 17:03

A VM of BI for u Pals.. 

*credit to the uploader

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by preethu on 2014-04-22, 20:56

Parineeti is way beta than Alia hpee

preethu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by preethu on 2014-04-22, 20:58

TFS pollyanna hpee

preethu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2014-04-24, 15:47

Wow What a review!

Precise, crisp style, You havent given out any spoilers as such but have pointed out what the film lacks and where it gets claps...

Nice "Nach" review Pallo, PS: Nach in tamil means "to the point"

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-04-24, 16:21

Maria J wrote:Loved reading u Pals.. So I'm lucky my plans to watch it got cancelled  hpee

Thank u Ria and muaaah for that BI  VM :)  hpee

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-04-24, 16:23

preethu wrote:Parineeti is way beta than Alia hpee

heheh lets see Preethu....these girls' performance depend on the director.....they are not actress per se ...

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-04-24, 16:24

Abavi wrote:Wow What a review!

Precise, crisp style, You havent given out any spoilers as such but have pointed out what the film lacks and where it gets claps...

Nice "Nach" review Pallo, PS: Nach in tamil means "to the point"

Muaah Vi, glad that u liked it :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: