Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 225: Front runner for the Razzie

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 225: Front runner for the Razzie

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-24, 23:05

Statutory warning: Those rejoicing about the "re-emergence" of Jalal or who loved this episode for whatever reason may please go no further. I hate to be a Grinch,  but then I cannot fib either, so the best way out is to drop a broad hint!

Today's episode would qualify for the Razzie award in Jodha Akbar. There was every tired repetitive cliche the CVs could think of, both from their own creation and from the  film. Today, the nok jhok was as fresh as last week's buns, and Jodha made a spectacle of herself in front of her daasis with her stupid lep, and looked as if she was coming down with the mumps, while Jalal looked jaded, rather like warmed up soup.

And then there was the snake! Good Lord! A snake wandering all over the Amer palace. Obviously intended as a inverted copy  of the Amer khema scene, it  was quintessentially  stupid. The CVs seem to have put their collective brains in the freezer, and are obviously defrosting them bit by bit. The only enjoyable part about the scene was Jalal's closing remark Bechara wo to humare saath khush tha!

The sheer curtain was a straight copy from the film, as was the swordfight, except that it was infinitely better in the film. Here, Jodha looked, exactly like Sujamal when he was escaping from the harem, as if she was scything hay. And a bad temper does not suit her looks at all. She was atrociously behaved with Jalal in front of the servants and Shehnaz, but then she never had any good manners, did she? So that was par for the course. I felt so nostalgic for the graceful, queenly Jodha of Aishwarya, who never lost her breeding, especially in public. This one needs to go back to finishing school.

The precap was the only encouraging thing about this whole  episode, and I only hope Jalal goes back to Agra and tells Hamida Banu exactly where she gets off, with her endless lamentations for her Jodha beta. He should send her to Amer to join her daughter in law in abusing Jalal morning, noon and night.

Jodha, in the precap, looked not as if she was  coming down with mumps, but as if she had it already. If we have to look at her like this for another couple of weeks, I shall drop out of watching the show for the first time since June 18 last.

Let us not even compare this track with the one in the film. There, Jalal was,unlike this one, completely in the wrong in banishing Jodha to Amer without allowing her to say a word in her own defence When he found  out eventually that it had all been Mahaam's doing, did he cringe and plead and run after Jodha,  abandoning all his duties as an emperor, and lie like a corpse in a town square to make her come to him (that was the pits!). Did he repeat ad nauseum that he was the greatest gunehgaar the world had ever seen and that she was absolutely right to treat him like something the cat had brought in? No, no, no!!!

He landed up one fine day in Amer with pomp and show, spotted his Jodha from among 2 dozen veiled females, apologised with graceful sincerity but also with imperial hauteur, and when she still would not come back with him, simply said Hum aur poochenge bhi nahin.. aap khud hi aayengi.. or words to that effect, and upped and left. Now that was a real Shahenshah!

But since we are stuck with this wannabe Majnun of a Jalal, I was glad that he has remembered at long last that he is an emperor who has duties to his people,  and not Jodha Begum's doormat. There is some hope for the boy yet.

There, did I not warn you how  it would be? But one closing lollipop!

Rajat's Jalal was tops in an otherwise abysmal outing, not in the early scenes, but in the shamsheer fight. He was mischievous and teasing, and on top of it all right thru, making one feel that one was about a  100 episodes back. If he had had someone better than a  sulky, badly behaved girl to play off, he would have been even
better. However, he  was still the sole bright spot in such a lousy episode.

If he had really been like Rhett, he would have said My dear, I don't give a damn! and walked off.

They should not copy wholesale from the film like this. The inevitable comparisons are invidious, and the weaknesses of this show are then seen all too clearly.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-04-25, 00:29; edited 1 time in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 225: Front runner for the Razzie

Post by adianasr on 2014-04-24, 23:15

Shyamala, the precap is what has all of us happy - and yes he will return to Agra as I predicted - whether alone or accompanied by her only tomorrow will tell - and if he returns alone then I do expect him to tell off HB but in a gentle way - there is certain theheraav and maturity in TE and RT managed to show that quiet well today.

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-24, 23:21

Thank God for this post, I was seriously questioning my taste  in not liking the substandard charade they had put up in the name of an episode ..  I stand relieved now ..

Precap was the only good thing about the episode not just because Jalal has discovered that he is a king and that  he has done everything  as a husband and also kept his promise given to Hamida  but because the track has finally inched a bit .. from its endless meanderings..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-25, 00:09

The precap was Bindas. Thumbsup  The rest of the episode was substandard imitation with Rajat's fencing (in the same old red jungee riyaaz dress) being the only delightful exception. I can never tire seeing it.  hpee

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-25, 00:17

Yes, my dear, he was tops as usual, but he had nothing except a sulky, badly  behaved girl to play off  with. If he had really been like Rhett, he would have said My dear, I don't give a damn! and walked off. However, he was still the sole bright spot in such a lousy episode. They should not copy wholesale from the film like this. The weaknesses of this show are then seen all too clearly.Shyamala Auntysandhya wrote:The precap was Bindas. Thumbsup  The rest of the episode was substandard imitation with Rajat's fencing (in the same old red jungee riyaaz dress) being the only delightful exception. I can never tire seeing it.  hpee

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-25, 00:18

I agree, Adiana, and he should go back alone. And tell his mother off, gently, yes, but clearly.Shyamalaadianasr wrote:Shyamala, the precap is what has all of us happy - and yes he will return to Agra as I predicted - whether alone or accompanied by her only tomorrow will tell - and if he returns alone then I do expect him to tell off HB but in a gentle way - there is certain theheraav and maturity in TE and RT managed to show that quiet well today.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-25, 00:21

Never question your own heart, my dear, it is always right for you. I never do, whether in life or here. Otherwise one ends up like the father, the son and the donkey! I am glad the two of us are of a mind about this episode.Now I only hope he goes back alone and puts Hamida Banu firmly, if gently, in her place. He should also stop asking his women for advice all the time. ShyamalaTanthya wrote:Thank God for this post, I was seriously questioning my taste  in not liking the substandard charade they had put up in the name of an episode ..  I stand relieved now ..

Precap was the only good thing about the episode not just because Jalal has discovered that he is a king and that  he has done everything  as a husband and also kept his promise given to Hamida  but because the track has finally inched a bit .. from its endless meanderings..

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 01:19

I liked it aunty - not for the first half - but, definitely for the latter half

When a person is already furious dialogues like 
'A wounded lion is more ferocious...'
'Drive that sword through my heart, me beloved and be done with it' (when you know she is not going to do so)
'You're behaving oh-so-badly in front of your parents tsk tsk'
Will only infuriate the person in front to no end!
Oh how I derived such perverse pleasure from watching that scene
His smirk as he held her by her neck and watched her seething while in his grasp was enough to mark the episode as spectacular!

The precap was pretty much along the lines of your favourite 'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!'  lazee

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Priya.n on 2014-04-25, 02:48

lashy wrote:I liked it aunty - not for the first half - but, definitely for the latter half

'Drive that sword through my heart, me beloved and be done with it' (when you know she is not going to do so)
His smirk as he held her by her neck and watched her seething while in his grasp was enough to mark the episode as spectacular!

The precap was pretty much along the lines of your favourite 'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!'  lazee
Lashy,   hug1 . In this scene Jallu was  Party2

Priya.n
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-04-25, 07:04

When did Jodha believed in civil etiquette with her husband? Even a common woman is better than her in public behavior wrt her husband.  Bang 

I bet Jodha will promptly plop herself in her palki to go back with Jalal, giving him a dose of her Kartavya as Mughal Begum..and go back to Agra with Jalal only.  hppy ...she's not the one who would go running after him to Agra, if she left this chance, no reconciliation......
WAR IS NOT OVER YET between them...AGRA AWAITS ANOTHER BAAZI... Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-04-25, 08:56

I loved the eppy Aunty, well the second part of it. Coz I was really tired of cry baby Jalal. And I do rejoice in the re-entry of my beloved TE. And after long long time I saw him smiling. Enough to set me dancing. hpee 

But I am happier because of the pre cap. Jalal, the Shehenshah is backkk.. Clap

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by KB on 2014-04-25, 09:03

yeah Shyamala ji, totally agree with you...........the makers are showing a weak copy-paste version of this movie.................this weakness has reduced the standard of this historical serial..........this is really irritating for all viewers...........

KB
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2014-04-25, 09:44

Shyamala ji, A short albeit a well written one...
Some of the lines which made me laugh heartily...

#This one needs to go back to finishing school.

#But since we are stuck with this wannabe Majnun of a Jalal, I was glad that he has remembered at long last that he is an emperor who has duties to his people, and not Jodha Begum's doormat.

#If he had really been like Rhett, he would have said My dear, I don't give a damn! and walked off

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-04-25, 09:56

shymala ji.. nice reading you. ha.. the pre cap was superb.. after reading pre cap in wu .. i couldnt stop my self from watching..

so, after long time of showing jalal as majnu ,they turned back to actual business , they remembered tat he is the king.. and he too have duties.. so lets hope they frame Jo character also as back to business. realising herself tat Amer is not where she should be its Agra ..

and yes.. how many copy paste scenes.. are they lack of creative ideas copying from AG 's team Bang

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby13 on 2014-04-25, 10:04

Dear Shyamala Aunty and all the others who are rejoicing to see the return of TE, I am not sure I related to the transition of Jalal from the poodle (as Sanndhya says) to TE overnight. It looked forced to me (as they were trying to copy the movie). But still I don't deny that I liked Rajat as TE much more than poodle. I hope Jalal will go back to Agra without Jodha (If they had copied the movie so much, let them at least copy that part). Jodha definitely needs some time alone to come out of her Guroor. If she go back with Jalal now, she will never realize her mistake as our TE will continue to spoil the already spoilt brat. We need a proper separation track (for the sake of Jodha at least). Hopefully they give us that.
I agree Shyamala aunty that the charecterization of Jodha in movie was lot more nicer and also this particular sequence was picturized in much better way. These people should stop copying the movie. That will make them look so bad at the end.

Bobby13
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-04-25, 10:19

Shyamala, I just watched the episode online,I am getting more reasons to dislike Jodha, infact I m surprised that, why did I want her to be with Jalal? She is annoying from every angle. Her mother tried to her official translator, but why didn't her mom teach her some mannerisms? Is this how Rajvanshi's behave with their husbands? In that case, Jalal should find solace in his Mughal begums. They atleast know, how to behave with their husband in public.
Sword scene- what did Jodha think, she was doing? Jumping jack?? Only for Jalal it was watchable.
Precap- the most ill mannered girl I have watched onscreen, thank god, for the small mercies shown by cv's, our Jalal got his sense back. He proved that, his brains are intact.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky099 on 2014-04-25, 11:16

awesome take aunty Clap 

for Me the episode was below average No 

i watched it only becoz of Jalal

i always hate direct copy paste from  movie  nty 

no creativity at all

but there was a big difference there jodha was very graceful she behaved like begham of jalal and not like maari jodha of AMER

jodha is degrading day by day

she has no manners to behave 

and i don't think the excuse of being angry will work as she was more at fault than jalal

precap gave me hope that jalal will leave her in amer 

let the girl live alone and grow her love for new friend shehnaaz

i don't feel any of her pain
she was quite happy in mathura and now after jalal 's departure she can enjoy her maayka too lazee

Last edited by happygolucky099 on 2014-04-25, 11:25; edited 1 time in total

happygolucky099
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyg on 2014-04-25, 11:20

shyamla you desreve a hug my dear that was exactly my reaction..word for word!...snake on bed..hai bhagwan!..then the same old yawn worthy lep scene..was it refreshing?..i felt as if they were choking together in one frame esp paridhi..!..then that sword fight..did not have the same charm as the first one which is still fresh in my mind!..and aishwarya of the movie was way more dignified than paridhi of the serial!..rajat was the only saving grace that made the epi tolerable and precap was better than the epi and looked promising..lets see what happens cannot trust the cvz!

mandyg
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-25, 11:23

Bobby13 wrote:Dear Shyamala Aunty and all the others who are rejoicing to see the return of TE, I am not sure I related to the transition of Jalal from the poodle (as Sanndhya says) to TE overnight. It looked forced to me (as they were trying to copy the movie). But still I don't deny that I liked Rajat as TE much more than poodle. I hope Jalal will go back to Agra without Jodha (If they had copied the movie so much, let them at least copy that part). Jodha definitely needs some time alone to come out of her Guroor. If she go back with Jalal now, she will never realize her mistake as our TE will continue to spoil the already spoilt brat. We need a proper separation track (for the sake of Jodha at least). Hopefully they give us that.
I agree Shyamala aunty that the charecterization of Jodha in movie was lot more nicer and also this particular sequence was picturized in much better way. These people should stop copying the movie. That will make them look so bad at the end.
Bobby
Copyrights of 'poodle' belongs to Aunty though I have used it  more  and even received a dt note for comparing a character to an animal.! ROFL

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyg on 2014-04-25, 11:27

i seiously do not want her to folloe jalal she better rott in amer!..i want to see jalal with his 9 gems! why need jodha!
happygolucky099 wrote:awesome take aunty Clap 

no creativity at all

but there was a big difference there jodha was very graceful she behaved like begham of jalal and not like maari jodha of AMER

and i don't think the excuse of being angry will work as she was more at fault than jalal

she was quite happy in mathura and now after jalal 's departure she can enjoy her maayka too lazee

mandyg
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-25, 11:29

lashy wrote:I liked it aunty - not for the first half - but, definitely for the latter half

Lashy
You are forgetting the cool 'uuffff' thak nahin kahenge.  Wink How long since we heard him say 'uuffff'. Sigh!  Broken Heart

They say you can drive a person only upto the wall. Then he/she will have to turn back. Jo is really driving him upto the wall. Evil or Very Mad

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky099 on 2014-04-25, 11:32

mandyg wrote:i seiously do not want her to folloe jalal she better rott in amer!..i want to see jalal with his 9 gems! why need jodha!
happygolucky099 wrote:awesome take aunty Clap 

no creativity at all

me too
let her realize his importance
he has better work to do Bang

happygolucky099
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 12:48

During the Benazir track we had a Shareef is better than Jalal movement....now I feel the tables have turned and yes I can say, Jodha only deserves Shareef if she doesn't realize her follies soon  Embarassed

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-04-25, 12:54

Lashy, how can you say this, seeing the precap lot of people are saying that, Jalal will not sudhrofy until his badi ammi is. In his life, all his efforts of manofying his wife has gone down the drains. What do people want Jalal to do? Shashtang namaskar to his wife???

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky099 on 2014-04-25, 13:03

lashy wrote:During the Benazir track we had a Shareef is better than Jalal movement....now I feel the tables have turned and yes I can say, Jodha only deserves Shareef if she doesn't realize her follies soon  Embarassed

she is a complete let down in this track
i m hating her now dayz
i don't like ruqu
otherwise i would have started tho ship for ruqlal Bang

happygolucky099
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:58

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down