Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 225: Front runner for the Razzie

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 225: Front runner for the Razzie

Post by happygolucky099 on 2014-04-25, 13:06

aashyagh wrote:Lashy, how can you say this, seeing the precap lot of people are saying that, Jalal will not sudhrofy until his badi ammi is. In his life, all his efforts of manofying his wife has gone down the drains.  What do people want Jalal to do?  Shashtang namaskar to his wife???

feminism at it best
if i would have to look at feminism in this show
then i would have never watched this show

becoz more than jodha i feel sorry for all other beghams in the show like ruksaar etc
more than jodha i would have felt sorry for baandis like moti who sacrificed there whole life without getting married
more than jodha i would have felt sorry for ruqaiyya becoz she is the first wife of jalal

happygolucky099
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by akdha on 2014-04-25, 14:13

Aunty, nice post hpee  i am afraid of the precap! may be i am the odd man out Embarassed  its because, i thought they have to be together and am not ready to see their separation. i am fine, even if they go and continue their fight in Agra, but not separation again. Its make me feel that marriage relationship is very weak, if they are keep on getting separated for some or other issues. I am in total confusion now Aunty!!

akdha
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 14:16

Ash...Neena its blind ego now spurring their views that's all... if not, I'm sure they'd recognize it as much as we do that Jalal has done more than his fair share during this track... No

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-25, 14:29

My dear Lashy, Neena and Ash,I am puzzled by just one thing after reading all your laments about the benighted philistines and pseudo-feminists that abound in the IF Jodha Akbar forum.Why do all of you waste so much of a precious commodity, your time, which, once it is gone, is gone forever, on trawling such junk, getting irritated by it, and then spending still more time and spoiling your mood by lamenting about their mindset?Shyamala/Aunty/Periammalashy wrote:Ash...Neena its blind ego now spurring their views that's all... if not, I'm sure they'd recognize it as much as we do that Jalal has done more than his fair share during this track... No

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 14:31

Pazhaka dosham periyamma....  No

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-25, 14:59

lashy wrote:During the Benazir track we had a Shareef is better than Jalal movement....now I feel the tables have turned and yes I can say, Jodha only deserves Shareef if she doesn't realize her follies soon  Embarassed
 Thumbsup
Chrappuddin: is nek khayal ke liye hum lashy se kush hain. Twisted Evil

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ---Khushi--- on 2014-04-25, 15:39

Hi Aunty .....awesome post....as usual, my views are in sync with yours....I hated yesterday's epi & also hated the fact that they repeated & hence ruined previous classic scenes.

As per the pre cap, my prediction:

Jalal will leave Amer for Agra after the precap scene. Then Bhariwajan will bhaashanofy her....& Cuckoowati, the greatest psychiatrist in history (actually psychopath :P) will continue her reverse psychology with "guroor" ki deewar. The guroor will break will finally break down & Jodha will admit her love for Jalal, & admit that her ego was her shield for future hurt from Jalal.

Jodha will follow Jalal now. She will reach his khema where he has stopped for resting. When he'll see her in his khema, he will think that now, it's his turn to fantasise. Then tonnes of melodrama, several more attempts to catch the emperor(like a mouse) in her guilt trap(like a mouse trap).....

Finally, the much awaited screeching confession(which will sound more like a gaali)....& then ....ahem ahem......ummmmm......we all know na......ha ha ha....."oohs & aahs " by Jalal....:P

---Khushi---
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-25, 15:53

As I say so often, my dear Khushi, you are a wicked girl, and I am glad you kept my  advanced years and antiquated sensibilities in mind and stopped at the right point! Let us see what happens,and in the meantime, I am glad to have got one more vote for the Razzie for Episode 225!Shyamala Aunty---Khushi--- wrote:Hi Aunty .....awesome post....as usual, my views are in sync with yours....I hated yesterday's epi & also hated the fact that they repeated & hence ruined previous classic scenes.

As per the pre cap, my prediction:

Jalal will leave Amer for Agra after the precap scene. Then Bhariwajan will bhaashanofy her....& Cuckoowati, the greatest psychiatrist in history (actually psychopath :P) will continue her reverse psychology with "guroor" ki deewar. The guroor will break will finally break down & Jodha will admit her love for Jalal, & admit that her ego was her shield for future hurt from Jalal.

Jodha will follow Jalal now. She will reach his khema where he has stopped for resting. When he'll see her in his khema, he will think that now, it's his turn to fantasise. Then tonnes of melodrama, several more attempts to catch the emperor(like a mouse) in her guilt trap(like a mouse trap).....

Finally, the much awaited screeching confession(which will sound more like a gaali)....& then ....ahem ahem......ummmmm......we all know na......ha ha ha....."oohs & aahs " by Jalal....:P

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-25, 16:07

Since Mishti is also now a member of Dhwani, I am sure she will not mind my reproducing her superb interpretation,posted by her elsewhere,  of the Jalal-Jodha duel in this episode. So here it is, along with my own comments on it.
================================================================
An  extremely perceptive and accurate take on this, Mishti. You would make an excellent psychologist.

It is not just  her lack of awareness of her surroundings. She also  lets her anger affect the way she fights. She flails about, and charges angrily and recklessly at Jalal, whereas the first rule for a duellist is never to lose your temper. It ruins your concentration and thus  your focus, and then you lose  the duel.

Jalal is a duellist and warrior of the kind that Lord Krishna in the Mahabharata would have approved of.

Yes, and the way she duels is a thumbnail sketch of the way she goes about  her whole life with Jalal.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by mishtidoi

In the sword fighting scene, a major flaw of Jodha's personality came in light...that of short-sightedness, which reflects in her vision/perception...what one may say...Jalal as true warrior was concentrating not only Jodha's attacks but also he was full aware of his surrounding...who all the audience were there of their duel...but Jodha inspite of calling herself a "Yodha" missed this, small yet most important aspect of war, twice...once when Jalal was watching and then when her parents were there, which eventually became the cause of her downfall and Jalal's victory...a point not only for this duel but also the whole situation and her as an individual.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2014-04-25, 16:53

Thanks for the lovely post Shyamala.it was so much required. I was getting tired of watching the weepy and Romeo Shenshah,  high time they showed him as a responsible king who has to think about administrative affairs and his people. 
The sword fight was clearly inspired by the movie, So I am sure we will see Jodha returning back in grand style. I have wondered were the Queens and Princess of that Era so stubborn that their egos were so high that they didn't bend Inspite of the husband's repenting.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-04-25, 18:56

Shyamala, what to do curiosity kills the cat. And always want to know, what their views are, and feel, it can't be worse than this, but they don't fail to amaze us, "just like Jodha". Jodha's might come around, but they will not.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-04-25, 19:10

sashashyam wrote:Since Mishti is also now a member of Dhwani, I am sure she will not mind my reproducing her superb interpretation,posted by her elsewhere,  of the Jalal-Jodha duel in this episode. So here it is, along with my own comments on it.
================================================================
An  extremely perceptive and accurate take on this, Mishti. You would make an excellent psychologist.

It is not just  her lack of awareness of her surroundings. She also  lets her anger affect the way she fights. She flails about, and charges angrily and recklessly at Jalal, whereas the first rule for a duellist is never to lose your temper. It ruins your concentration and thus  your focus, and then you lose  the duel.

Jalal is a duellist and warrior of the kind that Lord Krishna in the Mahabharata would have approved of.

Yes, and the way she duels is a thumbnail sketch of the way she goes about  her whole life with Jalal.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by mishtidoi

In the sword fighting scene, a major flaw of Jodha's personality came in light...that of short-sightedness, which reflects in her vision/perception...what one may say...Jalal as true warrior was concentrating not only Jodha's attacks but also he was full aware of his surrounding...who all the audience were there of their duel...but Jodha inspite of calling herself a "Yodha" missed this, small yet most important aspect of war, twice...once when Jalal was watching and then when her parents were there, which eventually became the cause of her downfall and Jalal's victory...a point not only for this duel but also the whole situation and her as an individual.

Awww!!! Thanks Aunty. I'm really very happy that you liked my perception.  :) 

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-25, 21:45

Aunty
Your take on Ms.AlwaysRightSa................today and the semi sashtaang namashkar of Jalal....................he was vertical instead of horizontal...............please Rolling Eyes

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-04-25, 22:03

@misti, I had pointed to this in one of my IF posts that Jodha has a worm's view - while TE earlier had a bird's view but from Jodha realised the import of the worm's view - Today he has managed to mix the bird's and the worm's view very well!!!

@Sandhya - he has not done any namaskar - what he did is a slap on Jodha's face - this was him telling her that she has allowed ego to come into their relationship and thus she herself has made it hollow - isse bada thappad Jodha ke liye aur kuch nahin hai!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-25, 23:14

adianasr wrote:@misti, I had pointed to this in one of my IF posts that Jodha has a worm's view - while TE earlier had a bird's view but from Jodha realised the import of the worm's view - Today he has managed to mix the bird's and the worm's view very well!!!

@Sandhya - he has not done any namaskar - what he did is a slap on Jodha's face - this was him telling her that she has allowed ego to come into their relationship and thus she herself has made it hollow - isse bada thappad Jodha ke liye aur kuch nahin hai!!!
Adi
Haath jodkar sar jhukaya tha Adi *steam fuming from my ears* 

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-04-25, 23:23

Sandhya - Thappad tha woh Jodha ke gaal pe - without touching her - he calls it his benevolence to her Ego - hear the words he says!!!

sandhya wrote:
adianasr wrote:@misti, I had pointed to this in one of my IF posts that Jodha has a worm's view - while TE earlier had a bird's view but from Jodha realised the import of the worm's view - Today he has managed to mix the bird's and the worm's view very well!!!

Adi
Haath jodkar sar jhukaya tha Adi *steam fuming from my ears* 

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-26, 01:32

I agree with Adi this time Sandy... while he had folded his palms ... and while he was doing it for a mother-in-the-disguise-of-a-vamp, he was folding his palms for the sake of HB and Rahim... NOT for himself!
Starting right from the wrist holding scene - with that smile on his lips where he knew it Jodha and he knew her expressions through that veil even before he took it off - made me realize why I'd fallen for the show!

I loved his showdown with JO.... Clap 
it was his dressing down by HB tomorrow that I can't stand...  Evil or Very Mad

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyg on 2014-04-26, 09:04

very well said adi and sandhy! cannot agree more!

mandyg
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyg on 2014-04-26, 09:06

lashy, i cannot stand this HB...grrrr..where is the smile..oh here
lashy wrote:I agree with Adi this time Sandy... while he had folded his palms ... and while he was doing it for a mother-in-the-disguise-of-a-vamp, he was folding his palms for the sake of HB and Rahim... NOT for himself!
Starting right from the wrist holding scene - with that smile on his lips where he knew it Jodha and he knew her expressions through that veil even before he took it off - made me realize why I'd fallen for the show!

Twisted Evil

mandyg
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2014-04-26, 11:33

Enjoyed reading you Shyamalaji. I tuned in too watch the sword fighting scene and the gang aur scene as it was there in the movie and it led me down.. I agree with you the way the movie maintained the shahenshah's stature  is nowhere near to what the series depicted... I had loved Hrithik and Ash's sword fight..it brought out their feelings so beautifully...
I would like to mention here the montage of the show which appears so disappointing.. The emperor of the land has a dukhi sukdusa face as he tries to sneak a peek at Jodha.. Were as Jodha was in her haughty avatar.. For a moment I wondered was there a role reversal of who is the emperor?

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-26, 13:51

mandyg wrote:lashy, i cannot stand this HB...grrrr..where is the smile..oh here
lashy wrote:I agree with Adi this time Sandy... while he had folded his palms ... and while he was doing it for a mother-in-the-disguise-of-a-vamp, he was folding his palms for the sake of HB and Rahim... NOT for himself!

Twisted Evil
 Cannot stand is a very light word of what I feel for her at the moment  hppy

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-26, 14:01

I oftem wonder about that myself,and then I fantasise about kicking  Jalal all the way from Amer to Agra with a pair of stout football boots!!Shyamalasunshine99 wrote: hpee Enjoyed reading you Shyamalaji. I tuned in too watch the sword fighting scene and the gang aur scene as it was there in the movie and it led me down.. I agree with you the way the movie maintained the shahenshah's stature  is nowhere near to what the series depicted... I had loved Hrithik and Ash's sword fight..it brought out their feelings so beautifully...
I would like to mention here the montage of the show which appears so disappointing.. The emperor of the land has a dukhi sukdusa face as he tries to sneak a peek at Jodha.. Were as Jodha was in her haughty avatar.. For a moment I wondered was there a role reversal of who is the emperor?

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine99 on 2014-04-28, 02:51

sashashyam wrote:
I oftem wonder about that myself,and then I fantasise about kicking  Jalal all the way from Amer to Agra with a pair of stout football boots!!Shyamalasunshine99 wrote: hpee Enjoyed reading you Shyamalaji. I tuned in too watch the sword fighting scene and the gang aur scene as it was there in the movie and it led me down.. I agree with you the way the movie maintained the shahenshah's stature  is nowhere near to what the series depicted... I had loved Hrithik and Ash's sword fight..it brought out their feelings so beautifully...
 hppy hppy Shyamalaji you are very witty.He needs to be back ASAP tending to his empire rather than the whims of Jodha.Thankfully he is back to Agra.. Pheww

sunshine99
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by megharanjini on 2014-04-28, 08:10

You have the guts to speak your mind, and tastefully too , I agree with you Shyamala

megharanjini
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-28, 14:20

My dear Megharanjini, I always do speak my mind, which is why I have stopped posting episode analyses in the IF JA forum and moved completely to this haven of free speech. But yes, with freedom comes reponsibility,and I am always conscious of the need to keep within the bounds of good taste, which is something one owes to oneself. Thank you very much for that special compliment about my speaking my mind tastefully. Shyamalamegharanjini wrote:You have the guts to speak your mind, and tastefully too , I agree with you Shyamala

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:35

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum