Latest topics

Lessons to learn from last 3 wishes of king Alexander the great

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lessons to learn from last 3 wishes of king Alexander the great

Post by smithashankar on 2014-04-25, 14:27

I was just reading about Alexander the great's  last words and i thought to share it in this forum is it ok .

My first desire  is that "My physicians alone must carry my coffin".

second,I desire that when my coffin is being carried to the grave the path leading to the graveyard be strewn with gold ,silver and precious stones that i have collected in my treasury

My third and last wish is that both my hands be kept  dangling out of my coffin.
 so people who gathered there wondered at the strange wishes ,Alexander took a deep
breath and said"I would like the world to know of the three lessons  i have just learnt"

1)People shld realize that no doctor can really cure my body .They are powerless and cannot save a person from the clutches of death.So let not people take life for granted .The riches on the way to the graveyard is to tell people that not even  a fraction of gold will come with me..

2)I spent all my life earning riches but cannot take anything with me.Let people realize that it is a sheer waste of time to chase wealth.

3)And about my third wish of having my hands dangling out of the coffin .I wish people to know that i came empty handed  into this world empty handed  i go out of this world .

with these words,the king closed his eyes.Soon he let death conquer him and breathed his last.

smithashankar
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons to learn from last 3 wishes of king Alexander the great

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 15:20

Thanks for sharing  hpee 

The great king's last words were "Bury my body, do not build any monument, keep my hands outside so that the world knows that person who won the world had nothing in his hands when dying"

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchu on 2014-04-25, 15:57

wow!!!!!!! smitha nice post..........

Sanchu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down