Latest topics

Santu is quitting ???

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Santu is quitting ???

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 17:34

Zee TV's Jodha Akbar has been embroiled with controversies. The historical show has always been in the news more for its controversies than for its storyline.

And the recent news about the lead actress being sexually assaulted by the show's director Santram Verma created ripples. However, looks like the frequent fights between the lead actress Paridhi Sharma and Santram Verma has lead to the latter's ouster from the show.

READ: I've not physically abused Paridhi Sharma: Santram Verma

Sources from the set inform that Paridhi and Santram never got along well with each other and they had frequent tiffs. The rivalry got worse as time passed and Paridhi also went ahead to complain about the same to the erstwhile producer Ekta Kapoor. However, nothing happened after the complain as Santram proved to be a fruitful director for the show. His creativity and hard work took Jodha Akbar to new heights and made it one of the top rated shows on the small screen.

However, Paridhi didn't give in and once again escalated the matter to the current makers of the show and also gave an ultimatum that if no action is taken against Santram, this time she would quit Jodha Akbar. After much discussion, it was decided that Paridhi will stay back and Santram will have to leave. Santram met the makers of the show and decided to leave on a high as the show is ruling the roost. The director is currently directing Sony Entertainment Television's Encounter.
When contacted, Santram Verma remained unavailable for comment.

SOURCE : TOI

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Santu is quitting ???

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-25, 17:36

OHHHH NO !! what an awful news .. it needs  Santram touch now ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 17:38

I know, the show will suffer because of this !  Evil or Very Mad 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-25, 17:40

neha wrote:I know, the show will suffer because of this !  Evil or Very Mad 

I agreee... the show is already suffering cuz of this rumors floating around and  if the departure news is true ..then the show has gone to the dogs  Unless  Ekta brings  a able man .. Is there anybody ??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 17:45

The show is definitely going to suffer... at the outset it might seem like Paridhi's retention is enough.. but, a director and an actor together make a show what it is! While I only want Paridhi as Jodha, I also don't want the show to suffer  confused

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 17:46

Tanthya wrote:
neha wrote:I know, the show will suffer because of this !  Evil or Very Mad 

I agreee... the show is already suffering cuz of this rumors floating around and  if the departure news is true ..then the show has gone to the dogs  Unless  Ekta brings  a able man .. Is there anybody ??

I smell a rat ! ...something is more than what is shown or given to media, Ekta never cares for the actors, viewers would have calmed down after a certain time if Paridhi would have quit but Ekta kicking Santram out means she is somewhere risking the show which is her dream project. He is not a good human being but definitely had the caliber to take the show to No. 1 ! Hope the new director maintains the position. But its a sad news indeed, I don't think the show will be a hit after consummation track.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 17:50

lashy wrote:The show is definitely going to suffer... at the outset it might seem like Paridhi's retention is enough.. but, a director and an actor together make a show what it is! While I only want Paridhi as Jodha, I also don't want the show to suffer  confused

Yeah, I'm surprised because Ekta doesn't really care for TV actors the way she cares for her directors, ankita lokhande was an exception ! Paridhi is an excellent Jodha but guess Ekta was miffed because Santram was not shooting with Paridhi, he admitted that in an interview and that's why maybe EK asked him to call it quits. Hope the show maintains the position.  peace

Last edited by neha on 2014-04-25, 17:51; edited 1 time in total

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-25, 17:51

lashy wrote:The show is definitely going to suffer... at the outset it might seem like Paridhi's retention is enough.. but, a director and an actor together make a show what it is! While I only want Paridhi as Jodha, I also don't want the show to suffer  confused

Totally Lashy... It is not just a actor nor just a director .. although I will say..I tip the scales slightly in favour f director for the  output.. if an actor is not guided by a able director..then she will fall flat case in point.. just rememebr Paridhi's miscue whilst Jalal was raging on abt her meeting a stranger.. Had this been directed by Santram.. it would have been explosive for both..

Both are stuck on their egos and  need to look at the show as a whole.. it was the show that made them n not vice versa..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 17:51

There IS a lot more than meets the eye Neha... but, the problem was genuinely with both sides..of what I heard Santra was never the most pleasant person to work with but he didn't harass anyone like the media brought out!

As for PS' equation with Santra I have no idea what to say...  Shocked I mean there have been places that Lavina, Ashwini and Manisha have also had a good amount of screen space and scenes directed by Santra...they've not had problems.. is it because they have been in the industry longer and know how the big bad world works? 

Either way, I want its old charm back!

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 17:53

Yes...Santra hasn't been directing Paridhi's scenes for a while now... and its showing... 
All I can hope for is Ekta conjures up an excellent director for the upcoming episodes that helps bring the show back on track!

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-04-25, 17:54

Tanthya wrote:

Totally Lashy... It is not just a actor nor just a director .. although I will say..I tip the scales slightly in favour f director for the  output.. if an actor is not guided by a able director..then she will fall flat case in point.. just rememebr Paridhi's miscue whilst Jalal was raging on abt her meeting a stranger.. Had this been directed by Santram.. it would have been explosive for both..

Both are stuck on their egos and  need to look at the show as a whole.. it was the show that made them n not vice versa..

is it just ego for both or is it more then that?

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-25, 17:57

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

JA was closed ship, Sarra.. news never leaked and only those were leaked which were detrimental to the director.. but Ekta is a shrewd business operator .. she will not willingly shoot her own foot for somebody's ego unless there is something seriously wrong besides that Santram is/was Ekta's favourite ... wonder what the real issue is..??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 17:59

It wasn't only one issue... it was a bunch of issues... but the main one is supposed to be her inability to see eye-to-eye with Santra on work timings/conditions etc which possibly has spiralled into many other ego issues!
Best part is Santra was the one who directed her in Ruk Jaanaa Nahin too...Nothing of the sort came up then

Last edited by lashy on 2014-04-25, 18:00; edited 1 time in total

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 18:00

lashy wrote:There IS a lot more than meets the eye Neha... but, the problem was genuinely with both sides..of what I heard Santra was never the most pleasant person to work with but he didn't harass anyone like the media brought out!

As for PS' equation with Santra I have no idea what to say...  Shocked I mean there have been places that Lavina, Ashwini and Manisha have also had a good amount of screen space and scenes directed by Santra...they've not had problems.. is it because they have been in the industry longer and know how the big bad world works? 

I'm afraid now ! Santu and RT are very close, I hope this does not make him lose interest in JA  Embarassed 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 18:02

neha wrote:
lashy wrote:There IS a lot more than meets the eye Neha... but, the problem was genuinely with both sides..of what I heard Santra was never the most pleasant person to work with but he didn't harass anyone like the media brought out!

I'm afraid now ! Santu and RT are very close, I hope this does not make him lose interest in JA  Embarassed 
Whatever happens or not... RT is a THOROUGH professional.. he's been landed a dream project after three years of nothingness - he's not one to let such things affect him... hpee  
I also wouldn't say that just having Santra around did RT massive favours either... there have been many episodes where his character looked as bad as Pari's looks now... 
Remember the Sujanpur war that came and went in a blink... remember Jalal's horrible characterization during the Tasneem/Benazir track Shocked 
So, its difficult to say... scratch

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-04-25, 18:10

Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

JA was closed ship, Sarra.. news never leaked and only those were leaked which were detrimental to the director.. but Ekta is a shrewd business operator .. she will not willingly shoot her own foot for somebody's ego unless there is something seriously wrong besides that Santram is/was Ekta's favourite ... wonder what the real issue is..??

u had so many people walk out before...u now get the issues of Pridhi having problems wit him...true the negativity is directed at him...does that mean there is some truth to them? would ekta put up wit the ego if she was getting the results which she has been...would she put up wit airs of her favourite or would they get the short shrift? questions and more questions..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-25, 18:13

lashy wrote:It wasn't only one issue... it was a bunch of issues... but the main one is supposed to be her inability to see eye-to-eye with Santra on work timings/conditions etc which possibly has spiralled into many other ego issues!
Best part is Santra was the one who directed her in Ruk Jaanaa Nahin too...Nothing of the sort came up then

Is there any truth to the rumor that her hubby was instigating her ?? 

But in Ruk ja .. None of the actors complained and paridhi was a small fry

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 18:15

lashy wrote:
neha wrote:

Whatever happens or not... RT is a THOROUGH professional.. he's been landed a dream project after three years of nothingness - he's not one to let such things affect him... hpee  
I also wouldn't say that just having Santra around did RT massive favours either... there have been many episodes where his character looked as bad as Pari's looks now... 
Remember the Sujanpur war that came and went in a blink... remember Jalal's horrible characterization during the Tasneem/Benazir track Shocked 

Phew, I hope what you says comes true !  long hug 
I can't imagine this show without RT ....yeah he has suffered a lot because of joblessness he won't take the risk unless he gets something in bollywood.  hpee 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 18:19

Tanthya wrote:
lashy wrote:It wasn't only one issue... it was a bunch of issues... but the main one is supposed to be her inability to see eye-to-eye with Santra on work timings/conditions etc which possibly has spiralled into many other ego issues!

I don't think it was her hubby or her family. Jalal landing in Jodha's room, the kissing scenes came after these rumour so if her hubby had problems she would not have given those scenes. Whatever it is I just pray the show remains same. Fingers crossed  peace 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-25, 18:21

sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

u had so many people walk out before...u now get the issues of Pridhi having problems wit him...true the negativity is directed at him...does that mean there is some truth to them? would ekta put up wit the ego if she was getting the results which she has been...would she put up wit airs of her favourite or would they get the short shrift? questions and more questions..

santram is not a easiest person to work with but apart from Paridhi n her friend Ankitha.. as well as some tech crew who walked out, the rest of the cast have praised Santram   and none have complained against him ...

There is  a deeper malaise

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-25, 18:25

neha wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

I don't think it was her hubby or her family. Jalal landing in Jodha's room, the kissing scenes came after these rumour so if her hubby had problems she would not have given those scenes. Whatever it is I just pray the show remains same. Fingers crossed  peace 

No I did not mean the romance part.. I meant th having no free time as shoot kept them busy part..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-25, 18:26

neha wrote:
lashy wrote:
neha wrote:

Phew, I hope what you says comes true !  long hug 
I can't imagine this show without RT ....yeah he has suffered a lot because of joblessness he won't take the risk unless he gets something in bollywood.  hpee 

On top of tht , BT has been the one providing him with regular assignments..  I would say his loyalty to BT will be high ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-04-25, 18:32

Tanthya wrote:
neha wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

No I did not mean the romance part.. I meant th having no free time as shoot kept them busy part..

Areen haan ! but if this is true then her husband should know the working hours for a TV actor cannot be changed, I just hope all these are rumours and Santu and Pari both stays in the show till the end.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-25, 18:45

I heard that it was timing/working conditions, problems with family, problems with a couple of other co-actor - all coming to play at once...
However, the santra issue was the one that took precedence!  Embarassed

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-04-25, 19:13

Hello Ladies,

I don’t know if this is true or the media is at it again. I don’t think Ekta Kapoor is choosing Paridhi between and Director either. It might be his own decision because of all this allegations he might be doing damaged control of his own career.

Moreover, he hasn’t confirmed this news to the public so why is the media buzzing and given us another bitter pill to swallow.

What I don’t like about his recent interview is for him to say publicly that he doesn’t speaks with Paridhi on set or direct her it was kinda animosity to me and it speaks volumes of him as a professional.

We have not received any such statements or interview from Paridhi publicly. It seems to me that if there was a major issue she is willing to solve it and put it behind her and holding the end of the agreement and not commenting.

I also perceive Ekta Kapoor as a strong and no nonsense woman who would not side with injustice of any kind so let’s hope for the best fort JA Serial all matters and parts are solved amicably.

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:35

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum