Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-26, 13:37

Kabhi kabhi, kuch paane ke liye kuch khona padta hai. Aur haarkar jeetnewale ko baazigar kehte hain!....Shahrukh Khan’s unforgettable lines in Baazigar.

This might seem an  incongruous parallel for a 16th century Shahenshah-e-Hind, but by the time you get to the end of this post, you just might agree with me  that it fits. As Jalal walked away from Jodha, abandoning the one thing he had striven so hard and for so long to achieve, he  was not  conceding defeat. He was being a baazigar, who knows whatever he might lose now,  in the end, victory will be his, and his alone.

Shaatir sipahi: The abiding image of this episode, for me, was not Jalal finally turning his back on Jodha and leaving for Agra (where he seems to have reached without a chastened Jodha catching up with him en route, as prophesied/hoped for  by many), to silent hosannas from his legion of admirers who had already broken the bubbly last night after the precap: Our Jalal/ TE  is ba…ack!!.

Nor that of the triumphant Jalal holding Jodha’s  hand aloft  in his, and calling out to her grandmother  Dadisaa, humne apni Begum to pehchaan liya!

It was the shot of Jalal’s face after Jodha has jerked her hand away from his,  and rushed away with manic haste . It was a magisterial, multilayered  take by Rajat,  which hid as much as it revealed.

The serene  happiness in his face as he holds  her hand a minute earlier,  and explains how he had recognized her thru the bracelet, is gone as if it never was. It is replaced by,  first of all,  shock at  having his delight at, as he believes, done it at last,  dashed to the ground in an instant. There is an almost  unbelieving look in his eyes as  they follow her retreating figure, and one can literally feel his heart sinking within him. 

Then there is suppressed anger at  having been thus publicly humiliated by his own wife, and that too in front of Jodha’s whole family. He berates her sharply for that later:Sabke saamne, aapke maayke mein, hamare sasural mein, hamara haath aise jhatak diya?-   and even the headstrong Jodha hangs her head in shame, for she knows with this  latest display of shrewishness, she has crossed some invisible Lakshmanrekha.

But the most telling and, in its own way, the  most revealing of all is the way Jalal  looks as he stands there, eyes  lowered, the face inscrutable, seemingly gazing inwards  into his own zehen rather than outwards  at the deeply ashamed Ameris. 

I think he is assessing where he stands now in his campaign to get Jodha back, and what his next move should be. He is after all a soldier, and more than a soldier, both a superb  tactician and a shrewd strategist, Bairam Khan’s prize shagird. 

He decides then that the  time has come  not only for one last throw of the dice, but also for a clearing of the air, for assigning blame wherever and in whatever measure it is due.  No more taking all of it on himself . To talk to Jodha with the gloves off, so that she is left in no doubt as to where she stands,  where  he  stands, and what he will and will not do.

Which he does, but not after letting the worried Ameris down gently, in his characteristically graceful manner ­ Aakhikaar wo hamari  begum bhi to hai.

This, folks, is what is called  grace under pressure.

Turning defeat into victory: In jijutsu, there  is a hold in which the assailant turns the strength of the opponent against himself,  and  turns near defeat into victory. 

This is what Jalal does today, with  a combination of genuine samarpan  - when he folds his hands, bends his head,  and asks her, one last time, to forgive him  and come back with him – and,  before and after that, a display  of  a steely resolve that, in the end, leaves the idiotically egotistic Jodha  behind, beached like a fish gasping on the seashore after having misjudged the retreating tide.

The resolve is there right from the beginning. When he starts out after her, to talk turkey at long last, it is revealing that he does not call out to her to stop. He simple overtakes her, grabs her arm and swings her around to look at his angry face. She has to know that when he wants to, he can stop her any time.

A long, long time after his eloquent soliloquy  in front of Jodha’s portrait,  a monologue that was full of moving good sense,  Jalal finally abandons his obsequious pleading and instead, and switches to attack  mode. He holds a mirror to Jodha’s face, and shows her where all she had gone wrong. Shows her, with pitiless clariy, that it was she who had precipitated all the disasters that had befallen them. He is sharp, to the point,  and unrelenting, like an astute lawyer pinning a witness down for her evasions and her lies.

Deliberate denial: It was interesting to see that Jodha too knew that he was right. In fact, she has always known it, and she  confesses as much, though obliquely, to her mother the night before,  when she says that it was the paristhiti that had been responsible, and that Jalal had not intended to hurt her. 

But her ego will not let her acknowledge as much to Jalal,  or to help him recover from the overwhelming sense of guilt that afflicts him. This is at  once her biggest fault of character, and her (temporary, alas!) undoing.

To revert, as Jalal  speaks, straight from the shoulder, nailing her prevarications and her inflated  guroor jo saatvein aasmaan se utarne ka naam hi nahin leta, Jodha  is unable to look him in the eyes. Her  expression is sulky, but also sheepish and defensive. She hangs her head like an errant schoolgirl in front of the headmistress, and her justifications  are  halting and weak.  In  part pure fibbing, as when she claims  that she  had tried to explain but he was too angry: what explanation, when she had taken a maun vrat because of her famous vachan?  Or inadequate, as when she says  had then tried to meet him but had been turned away. 

The angry Jalal who does  not let her get away with these  feeble excuses seems like a throwback to a 100 episodes ago.  You tried once, he exclaims in  angry exasperation,  but what of  the weeks that I struggled, under the direst circumstances,  to  gain your forgiveness? Uska kya? 

The Shahenshah-e-Hind :I loved   the way in which Jalal, for once, asserted his status as the Shahenshah-e-Hind. The way in which he  stressed what it had  cost him, the emperor, to  give up  his imperial pride and also his duty to his subjects, as  he wandered far and wide,  in  heat and dust,from place to place,  in jungles and in the countryside,  just to find her and secure her forgiveness. 

Jodha has rarely recognized his imperial stature and respected it, except when it suited her, for her own purposes, to refer to  her own derived rank as a Shahenshah ki Begum. This time, Jalal rubbed her nose in it good and proper.

The last plea: There can be two opinions about Jalal not just folding his hands, but bending his head and asking  for forgiveness from Jodha.

One, disgust and rage at an  emperor abasing himself beyond all  limits. I must confess that this is what  I myself felt at first.

The second is admiration for a man, not even  as an emperor but as an ordinary , proud man, being able to feel, and show, such genuine repentance for a wrong he has done another, as to let go completely of his ego  and seek forgiveness. 

It reminded me of the great justice-givers celebrated in our history and myth – from Manuneedhichozhan to   Jahangir - the kings who were willing to give up their lives, the lives of their guilty children, even  their kingdoms, to set right an injustice done by them or by those for whose deeds they were responsible.  They had bent their heads too, those kings, before the ones they had wronged, and felt no dimunition of their proud rank in doing so.

I do not see this gesture of Jalal’s as a virtual slap in Jodha’s face, to show her the depths of her wanton folly. I see it rather as something he feels he owes to himself, to his own nobility and moral elevation. 

I feel so all the more because this gesture comes, not after another spell of desperate pleading, taking all the blame on himself as has been his wont of late, but after a relentless catalogue of all her acts of omission and commission that were the direct cause of his galatfahmi. 

Note that he no longer refers to it as his gunaah, but only as  his galatfahmi.  That in itself speaks volumes.

Aakhri faisla:  I loved it that Jalal makes it clear to Jodha that despite the contrary impression he might have conveyed in last couple of weeks, it is his awaam  and the Mughal sultanate that come first for him. That he has had enough of her obstinacy and her arrogance,  and will take no more.

I loved the sharp sarcasm of his congratulating her on the victory of her guroor, jo saatvein aasmaan se utarne ka naam hi nahin leta…

I only wish he had added one more line a la  Hrithik’s Jalal: Ab aur hum aapko aane ke liye poochenge bhi nahin.. aap aayengi to khud aayengi.. Khuda hafiz. 

Never mind, at least he left without turning back to look at Jodha once again..  no palat, palat, palat! .. for him!

All for the best: It was just as well  that  Jodha did not  give in and come back to Agra with Jalal. Had she done so, he would have been always under some sort of moral obligation to her, weighed down under residual guilt and overwhelming gratitude. Now, when she does come, it will be because she cannot stay away from him, It will be  of her own volition and for her own need.

Surely that would be far better, both for Jalal, who is already suffering from an overdose of guilt, and for Jodha, who needs  a sharp reality check about  where she stands with this man and this marriage.

Jodha: Her own worst enemy: Isko kehte hain apne hi pair par kulhadi marna. The curious thing is that Jodha is not all that angry with Jalal now – what she says to her Maasa was remarkable in its candour. She effectively acknowledged that the fault was as much hers as his, for what else does it mean when she concedes that it was the paristhiti  that were responsible,  and more, that Jalal is good-hearted and did not mean to hurt her?

Her behaviour during the meal, looking out  for every little special need of Jalal’s, and the little face she makes when he looks up at her and acknowledges it, speak more of nok jhok than of a lingering resentment. And when she is dancing, she seems perky and all set on winning.

Why then the sudden, abrupt, harsh rejection of Jalal? Why the very unseemly haath jhatakna,  followed by the stubborn clinging to her guroor, even at the cost of all that her heart wants now?

I  can only guess that it is the sudden memory of her melting happiness when he holds her hand and  slips the kangan over her wrist that sets her off, reviving a sense of betrayal that he could, whatever the paristhiti,  think so low of her as to suspect her virtue. Whence the tired old repetitons of the agni ko sakshi maankar, haath pakadkar, katu vachan,  sammaanbhang ityadi ityadi. 

That, and his bringing out, for the first time between them, the fact she cannot dodge, that the fault  for all this is more hers than his, for what else would he have done under the circumstances she herself had created?

She feels driven against the ropes. That  was visible in  her sullen, rigid face as she listens to his last plea, as she   looks at his bent head. 

For a moment,  I thought she was going to tip over and give in;  it seemed to hang in the balance. But  she lacks the grace of humility that is his. So  her ego and her folly win out, and she lashes out  with a resounding Nahin! But even as  she says it, she knows that she has crossed a  line in their relationship that should never have been crossed. 

A pyrrhic victory:  There is such a thing as winning a game and losing the match. In the closing shot, Jodha  gazes in mute despair  at her heart’s desire disappearing out of her ken –maybe she hopes that  he might turn back to her after all, but he does not. At that moment, the realisation that she has brought all this on herself, wantonly and foolishly, must have plunged her into  black despondency. (It is another matter that  the actress who plays her cannot quite pull this off; she merely looks sullen and unhappy, her face puffed up  like someone recovering from the mumps. There is but little  of the agony Jodha must have felt then, faced with the mess in which her unbridled ego has landed). 

No wonder she  shuts herself up  for the next 5 days; the mini-fast must have done her a lot of good,  cleansing her system of all the bile that had been afflicting it.  In the precap with her mother, Jodha looks desperate, almost demented. Let us see if a grand confession, that she cannot  live without her Shahenshah,  par wo chale gay hain Maasa, aur ab  hum kya karein?  lies ahead. 

The precap: Ammijaan again: I too wish Mahaam had spotted the clumsy tracking by Hamida Banu, grabbed her, and shoved her into the cave to keep whoever is in there  company  till she is ready to dispose of  them both. What a relief that would have been! 

As it is, however, the precap was none too  promising, with a miserable looking Jalal facing his irate Ammijaan. But let us not lose all hope; after zhelofying her initial tirade,  he might yet talk turkey to her too, as he did to Jodha,  even if mildly. 

Shehnaaz: She is  the Puzzle No.1. I am as yet unable to make out what purpose she serves, or is going to serve, in our chaotic tale. For the present, she is merely a constantly dishevelled presence on the sidelines of he action, without a single worthwhile contribution  to make to straightening  Jodha out, bar that offhand remark about Jodha’s dil beating inside Jalal. 

This being the case, I cannot help wishing that she could be spruced to look a bit better, and not as if she had been dragged backwards thru a bush! hpee 

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-05-02, 15:35; edited 4 times in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by cuddly on 2014-04-26, 14:01

great update and I am glad Rajat's Jalal is beginning to re surface.  Am a bit late and behind in episode watching but I enjoy watching Rajat again. His Jalal always seems far more composed and has made peace with who he is. A completely compelling character - I can watch him open an envelope and it would be interesting. He's the only reason I watch Indian shows at the minute!

cuddly

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-26, 14:04

Thank you, dear Cuddly! You remind me of a famous line from Sir Richard Attenborough, when he was cast by Satyajit Ray in Shatranj ke Khiladi, that he would have accepted Ray's invitation even if all he had been asked to do was to read the telephone book!Shyamalacuddly wrote:great update and I am glad Rajat's Jalal is beginning to re surface.  Am a bit late and behind in episode watching but I enjoy watching Rajat again. His Jalal always seems far more composed and has made peace with who he is. A completely compelling character - I can watch him open an envelope and it would be interesting. He's the only reason I watch Indian shows at the minute!

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-04-26, 14:05

I had just composed myself after a swoonilicious episode.. and now I'm back to my state yesterday after reading your take ... more importantly sensing the same enthusiasm in it as there used to be a hundred episodes ago ...this has made me fall for the show again (it might change upon Jalal's reactions to HB's acidic tongue though)... 
Nevertheless, yesterday's episode had glimpses of what this show was all about (both Jodha and Jalal - has it not always been so that Jodha has always been more selfish towards Jalal than she is to anyone else and Jalal the most selfless towards Jodha than anyone else!)

You've dissected it logically - bit by bit - you've penned it with your heart into it. For the first time in a while, I've seen you trying to understand the viewpoints of both...and analyze how this 'track' was important for the character development of both...
Now when Jodha returns to Jalal, she is not going because she needs a well dug somewhere or some khwaja shera's birthday celebrated the next day. She will go because she needs his love!

There are a couple of lines I did a mini clap session over.. Will be back to outline them periyamma..

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by akdha on 2014-04-26, 14:15

Aunty, wonderful post, you brought out their thoughts crystal clear infornt of me. but the separation irks me a lot!! won't their desiredness or commitments to be together becomes exhausted and they feel they better live alone for long?!!

akdha
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-26, 14:19

Thank you, Lashykanna. Yes, I did exert myself to try and decipher Jodha, for she was uneven all thru the episode. This one also took a lot of editing (in between supervising the fabrication of garden benches, and the distribution of empty Apex Ultima drums to our residents for gardening purposes!), plus a title change at the  very last minute. I am relieved that you liked it, for I had no idea by the end if it was good, bad or in between!Shyamala Periammalashy wrote:I had just composed myself after a swoonilicious episode.. and now I'm back to my state yesterday after reading your take ... more importantly sensing the same enthusiasm in it as there used to be a hundred episodes ago ...this has made me fall for the show again (it might change upon Jalal's reactions to HB's acidic tongue though)... 
Nevertheless, yesterday's episode had glimpses of what this show was all about (both Jodha and Jalal - has it not always been so that Jodha has always been more selfish towards Jalal than she is to anyone else and Jalal the most selfless towards Jodha than anyone else!)

You've dissected it logically - bit by bit - you've penned it with your heart into it. For the first time in a while, I've seen you trying to understand the viewpoints of both...and analyze how this 'track' was important for the character development of both...
Now when Jodha returns to Jalal, she is not going because she needs a well dug somewhere or some khwaja shera's birthday celebrated the next day. She will go because she needs his love!

There are a couple of lines I did a mini clap session over.. Will be back to outline them periyamma..

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-04-26, 14:22

Don't fret, my dear, they are not going to be apart for  long. In fact I suspect less than  a week, during which, perhaps, Adham murders Atgah Khan and is executed, the truth about Dilawar Khan is suppressed after Atgah's death,and other exciting things happen in Agra.Then Jodha will suddenly land up, on the biggest hathi Amer can produce.Shyamala Auntyakdha wrote:Aunty, wonderful post, you brought out their thoughts crystal clear infornt of me. but the separation irks me a lot!! won't their desiredness or commitments to be together becomes exhausted and they feel they better live alone for long?!!

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-04-26, 14:39; edited 1 time in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by akdha on 2014-04-26, 14:32

sashashyam wrote:
Don't fret, my dear, they are not going to be apart of long. In fact I suspect less than a week, during which, perhaps, Adham murders Atgah Khan and is executed, the truth about Dilawar Khan is suppressed after Atgah's death,and other exciting things happen in Agra.Then Jodha will suddenly land on the biggest hathi Amer can produce.Shyamala Auntyakdha wrote:Aunty, wonderful post, you brought out their thoughts crystal clear infornt of me. but the separation irks me a lot!! won't their desiredness or commitments to be together becomes exhausted and they feel they better live alone for long?!!

Yes Aunty, waiting for the dawn to come!!  biggest hathi!! u cracked me up Aunty, hpee

akdha
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-04-26, 14:51

Dear aunty,  long hug 

a special hug from me. Just love your take on Jalal and his nakchadhi beghum. the way you have brought out Jalal's  behavior and his reasons is amazing.. But then when you come to our boy you always are partial, aren't you? So am I hpee 

I especially liked your take on Jodha. You have spent some efforts for her side too today.for sometime she did look contrite didnt she? 

as far as i am concerned last eisode was jalal's through and through.  And I'm Super tired of this track. Just want it over.

Sam

Last edited by Sam_0506 on 2014-04-26, 15:07; edited 1 time in total

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by rock&roll on 2014-04-26, 15:03

Very well written Aunty....You have analysed and given words to the subtle and deepest emotions felt by both Jodha and Jalal....I also loved the way u had brought out both their POVs very nicely

I too loved Jalal yesterday..I was genuinely happy when he reacted the way he did after the latest Kangan snub.Jodha,lost in her own world and sitting atop her mountain of ego had just gone way too far and hadn't realized it. She had actually been  tottering since yesterday and was on the verge of crossing the line in the sword duel,but just..just stopped short(by Jalal's magnanimous standards not by our own)....I loved the way he asked her "Ab humne kya gunaah kiya hai,jodha begum"..not the imploring kowtowing Jalal whom we have been witness to all along, but a refreshingly confident and almost confrontational   Jalal...I felt like screaming in delight and clapping my hands"Welcome back"...Then,for the first time in what seemed like a 100 years,he pointed out to her that the fault was as much hers as it was his....It was music to my ears...His statment about her guroor in the satvein aasmaan ,his own duties as the emperor and then his final cut-asking her with folded hands...It was a wow moment..In that one instant he went  ten notches(no ten storeys )above her...The last request with folded hands was the request of a man who knew that the die had been cast & ultimate victory would be his..He probably knew that inspite of his asking her(with folded hands)she would not return because by then he'd realized that her ego was sitting atop the Everest and had no way of gauging reality.But he made his move knowing fully well that she would miss this moment and then regret it later at leisure..It made him an astute thinker,strategic player,loving husband & a noble human being  ,all at once.He had realized that his victory lay not in defeating her ego and winning her love immediately,but in giving her a sense of perceived victory of her ego and samaan &  leaving her to ponder on what she had lost..Well done..Jalal is back,hopefully for good

btw,Aunty ur comments on my Take 5 of 22nd & 23rd April plz....I have posted it here 

rock&roll
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by divyavm on 2014-04-26, 15:15

Aunty- loved your beautiful analysis ... My heart broke at Jalal's expression change when she let go of his hand and ran off so abruptly ... But you analyzed it so, so beautifully. 

I loved how Jalal was almost a mirror to Jodha yesterday ... I was so happy he did understand Jodha's fault in the issue and was not blinded by his love and guilt. And, that made me respect him all the more- the fact that he was apologizing so much even when he was not fully at fault- that is difficult to do. 

Jodha's ego may have won the battle ... But the war, is Jalal's all the way. He is after all a skilled baazigar. What a perfect title!

divyavm
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-26, 15:17

Aunty

Lovely take on the return of Jalal. The episode like an Indo-Pak match when India has won after a long time, that too final ball mein sixer maar ke.

Jalal's namashkar with bowed head initially peeved me off quite a bit................but finally I felt it was like Krishna asking for 5 houses atleast, in the pre-Kurukshetra talks and Jodha did a Duryodhan with an emphatic 'Nahin'.  But no, that is a wrong comparison perhaps. The serial can and will never show Jodha in the wrong or repenting for her follies, though ONLY that will complete the balance of the serial, and what better time than the current one.

There is expectation (from who else but the Mandali members) that Jalal on learning Maham's role in Sujamal issue, will rush back to Amer, ask forgivance once more and bring Jodha back to Agra in splendour and grandeur and full honour..................perhaps with her on the Royal Elephant and himself as the mahout. And the cvs too are capable of that, though Jalal's smart SW can highlight Jalal even in such abysmal depths.

The identify-your-bride game was fine and as usual Jalal came on tops............and the hand hold (much to lashy's    )  and the dialogs on the terrace (much to all of our ) was delicious and a much needed one. 

I just hope Jalal maintains his stance and lets Jodha come to him by herself after she realises his importance herself (with a Kali Mandir eureka moment for her). Why doesn't HB go to Ajmer by walk so that her Jodha beta comes back safe and sound and leave Jalal to manage his kingdom for the next 3-4 months?

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by divyavm on 2014-04-26, 15:18

lashy wrote:I had just composed myself after a swoonilicious episode.. and now I'm back to my state yesterday after reading your take ... more importantly sensing the same enthusiasm in it as there used to be a hundred episodes ago ...this has made me fall for the show again (it might change upon Jalal's reactions to HB's acidic tongue though)... 

This line has helped me understand Jodha more than ever before ... Thank you so much! I always expected her to be with Jalal as she is with everyone else ... But perhaps, that is not how it is supposed to be 

divyavm
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-04-26, 15:21

You wrote my thoughts Aunty :)

I also feel that Jalal after first meeting his Begum, when she thought she was hallucinating about Shehanshaah, had understood that Jodha is missing and longing for him and therefore, somewhere accepted his sorry but couldn't accept it coz of her Ego, for isn't he also is, rather was, same few months (though not sure when  Shocked ) ago and both are mirror-image as well as antithesis of one other....which Jalal, recognises but not Jodha.  Bang After this truth dawned on him, Jalal changed his strategies wrt Jodha.

P.S. Donno what that poor man gave Jalal to eat, but since then his brain was turned on...also Abul Mali fight awakened the warrior inside him.  Twisted Evil 

Jodha's dialogue that "ab hum tabhi aayengein jab hum aana chahegein" reminded me of Ruqaiya.
When near Tulsi plant Salima Begum had asked Jalal to go and manaofy Jodha, Ruqaiya had retorted by saying, "Jalal kyon jayegein? Jodha begum khud aayegin Shehanshaah ke paas"....and Salima had reasoned, that this time is not for ego but for Love.
Ah!!! seems like Maa Saraswati was sitting on Ruqaiya's tongue at that instance.

But yes, this time Jodha will go back Agra for her own husband Shehanshaah Jalal or rather, again as she's so obsessed with herself, for HER OWN LOVE, who is in Agra....and not for HB or SB or Rahim, etc....

Last edited by mishti on 2014-04-26, 15:30; edited 1 time in total

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-04-26, 15:27

sandhya wrote:Aunty

Lovely take on the return of Jalal. The episode like an Indo-Pak match when India has won after a long time, that too fitonal ball mein sixer maar ke.

Jalal's namashkar with bowed head initially peeved me off quite a bit................but finally I felt it was like Krishna asking for 5 houses atleast, in the pre-Kurukshetra talks and Jodha did a Duryodhan with an emphatic 'Nahin'.  But no, that is a wrong comparison perhaps. The serial can and will never show Jodha in the wrong or repenting for her follies, though ONLY that will complete the balance of the serial, and what better time than the current one.

There is expectation (from who else but thMandali members) that Jalal on learning Maham's role in Sujamal issue, will rush back to Amer, ask forgivance once more and bring Jodha back to Agra in splendour and grandeur and full honour..................perhaps with her on the Royal Elephant and himself as the mahout. And the cvs too are capable of that, though Jalal's smart SW can highlight Jalal even in such abysmal depths.

The identify-your-bride game was fine and as usual Jalal came on tops............and the hand hold (much to lashy's    )  and the dialogs on the terrace (much to all of our ) was delicious and a much needed one. 

I just hope Jalal maintains his stance and lets Jodha come to him by herself after she realises his importance herself (with a Kali Mandir eureka moment for her). Why doesn't HB go to Ajmer by walk so that her Jodha beta comes back safe and sound and leave Jalal to manage his kingdom for the next 3-4 months?
Jalal is expected to go to Amer again?  Shocked  why in the name of God would he do that?

she made a decision. He respected it n went back to Agra. Why would he again go to request her to come back? she needs to come to him now on elephant, horse, donkey... whatever.

And when MA's truth comes out Jalal is going to be shattered.he is going to need her the most then. At that time if she is not there to take care of him, then what epic love story are we talking about? She has to be in Agra before that happens.

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-04-26, 15:58

I have not watched thee episode yet,could only watch couple of m I items, thanks to hotel wifi, which s****. But Shtamala, your post makes up for it and I will watch it tomorrow night when I m back.
For all the 2 weeks of crap fed to us, cv's make up for it and they don't let Jalal's character down, infact it holds high, I m sure mandali is upset for it, (I don't care), but this time Jodha has to walk up to him and I think he will even if MA gets exposed, I don't see him going back to Amer,but yes, he might ask few more apologies when she is back.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-26, 16:05

Sam_0506 wrote:
sandhya wrote:Aunty

Lovely take on the return of Jalal. The episode like an Indo-Pak match when India has won after a long time, that too fitonal ball mein sixer maar ke.

There is expectation (from who else but thMandali members) that Jalal on learning Maham's role in Sujamal issue, will rush back to Amer, ask forgivance once more and bring Jodha back to Agra in splendour and grandeur and full honour..................perhaps with her on the Royal Elephant and himself as the mahout. And the cvs too are capable of that, though Jalal's smart SW can highlight Jalal even in such abysmal depths.

Jalal is expected to go to Amer again?  Shocked  why in the name of God would he do that?

she made a decision. He respected it n went back to Agra. Why would he again go to request her to come back? she needs to come to him now on elephant, horse, donkey... whatever.

And when MA's truth comes out Jalal is going to be shattered.he is going to need her the most then. At that time if she is not there to take care of him, then what epic love story are we talking about? She has to be in Agra before that happens.
Sam, you are unaware of the levels of expectations from the MMs..............Jalal's place is nowhere except at Jodha's feet.  Epic has a different meaning altogether - the woman is always right and the man ought to realise, recognise, value, slap kick and throw away every member of his family except those who pooja-fies the infallible woman, love her family as his own (though they might use him and his family to get rid of their runaway daughters), forget his identity altogether and trust her blindly (though she may sneak out of her home at midnight and then lie to him about it), speak poetry and punch dialogs in favour of his woman, forget the people responsible to launch him into his position (Khan baba, Hindal Mizra and his daughter, his daughter especially as she cannot worship the Mahan wife of his) and yet USE THE VERY POSITION to fulfil the pet projects of his Mahaan madam and give her the credit for that too....

Only then he is a good husband.............else he has to change and improve........(God save their ownhusbands) Rolling Eyes

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by varshaakulkarni on 2014-04-26, 16:15

Awee aunty ... your analysis always spices up my mood .... truly the line of Baazigar are apt for TE .... i haven't dared to watch the episode ... but after reading your take .. i guess i need to watch it now ... only for the sake of jalal  Wink .... maybe i will fast forward the scenes to see jalal's dialogue's becoz i have no interest in seeing jodha anymore .... just can't tolerate her ghrina (god know's how jalal is tolerating her ...  Rolling Eyes )

varshaakulkarni
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Priya.n on 2014-04-26, 16:29

Lovely post, Aunty. Especially, for Shaatir Sipahi and The last plea parts  hug1

After Jodha's letter, my only wish was for Jalal to blast Jodha about her share of mistake in this MU  Bang . I have also written that I wouldn't even mind him performing sastanganamaskar after that. I was a happy person after yesterday's episode for my wish was fulfilled and that too with a big bang. hpee 

Note that he no longer refers to it as his gunaah, but only as  his galatfahmi.  That in itself speaks volumes.
I thought we might have to wait for few more episodes for him to get to this stage but thank for small mercies his senses are coming back sooner. He will need all his wits to face head-on the dhol-bhangra happening in Agra.

Never mind, at least he left without turning back to look at Jodha once again..  no palat, palat, palat! .. for him!

LOL aunty. I was also thinking please don't turn back and completely ruin this good scene..please don't...and wallah he didn't even stop for a bit. 

Priya.n
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-04-26, 16:51

Aunty,, I loved last part of yest. episode..loved it even more after reading ur analysis..I loved dis jalal who always shows everyone their place when it's necessary..I knw it won't last too long..jodha cheer gang leader jo aa gayi ,bete ka khoon peeney ke liye..I want her go to makka ,and stay permenently dere..This woman is so much irritating..I hear jo wil land in agra next week, she wil blabber sumthing lyk," shehensha, mein aapke liye nai, paranthu ammi jaan ke liye aaye hai..mein ussey kasht nai dena chahti.."...what a jodi..HB-JB..lakho mein ek..nw SB also getting affected by dis company..buri sangat ki azar..Anyway no one is goin to give him peace, except Rukku; in agra...Especially dat HB wil make pagal shehensha one day..Btw I loved the Bazigar dialogue..and also loved hw u mentioned abt "chemmeen" in ur previous post..absolutely loved hw u connected dat with current suiuations of JA..

Last edited by Greeshma014 on 2014-04-26, 17:04; edited 1 time in total

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-04-26, 16:58

Hey Shyamala, do read my letter to 'Mhaari Jodha' - on making a wise choice!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheIronLady on 2014-04-26, 17:58

Aunty,
 long hug 

I was waiting for your post and yes totally agree with you, the Bazigar of last night's episode was Jalal.
I'm very glad that he left and that Jodha said no. Now when she'll come to Agra, the only reason will be Jalal's love and nothing else, no vachans, no Ammijaan ka dular or Rahim ka pyaar, it will be solely and solely for Jalal.

Awesome post, Aunty.  hpee

TheIronLady

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-04-26, 19:17

Aunty

BK's shagird lasts for a few seconds only, few minutes atmost

Latest spoiler goes,

Shivaani re-entry : Everyone expects Jalal  to punish her, but he conducts her wedding in a grand manner.....................

The courage of me to expect a Mughal - e- Azam from this spineless jelly.

Teakwood to become Shahenshah's honourable brother-in-law and be appointed as architect for Fatehpur Sikri and engrave his donkeys (okay okay....deers)  all over the new palace

So Jo to return for the wedding with her pouts and attitudes, for her darling runaway sister's wedding, not for Jalal.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by naina on 2014-04-26, 19:23

sandhya, thanks for the latest spoiler..hope CVs work out properly on this track... hpee

naina
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-04-26, 19:25

Sorry for my spelling mistakes Shyamala, on IPad and don't have edit option as well on IPad.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum