Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by neha on 2014-05-01, 08:55

sandhya wrote:If Shivaani is forgiven for disgracing the sultanate, as she was misled by MA, then why is Ruqs too not forgiven for being misled by MA?

Anyone else wanted to  Bang  Salima Begum for cheerleading Jodha today even in this situation?

Exactly Sandy ! If Jalal is going to forgive Shiwani then I want him to be rational with Ruqaiya. If he is going to corner Ruqaiya for this then no he understood Ruqaiya very little. The lady accepted her mistakes and fell on his feet, her reasons are very clear and she does not hesitate to accept it, its the Jalan that one wife has for the other one. Its the possessiveness because her world starts with Jalal and ends on Jalal, he can clear her mind by assuring her that she means a lot to him and she does not need to be insecure because she will never lose him to any other woman, his relation with other wives will not affect their relation of years, that's all. And if he cannot do this much to her then I have very little interest in his epic love story with Jodha.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-01, 10:37

hi shyamala, its me mandy..i had to re register..oops! forgot my password! need ur two cents on today's epi..i kinda liked it although it was not as dhamaakedaar as yesterday's but still not bad!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by smile.sara on 2014-05-01, 11:11

mandygi wrote:hi shyamala, its me mandy..i had to re register..oops! forgot my password! need ur two cents on today's epi..i kinda liked it although it was not as dhamaakedaar as yesterday's but still not bad!
 hppy mandy yaar tu bhi na  long hug

smile.sara
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-01, 11:16

smile.sara wrote:
mandygi wrote:hi shyamala, its me mandy..i had to re register..oops! forgot my password! need ur two cents on today's epi..i kinda liked it although it was not as dhamaakedaar as yesterday's but still not bad!
 hppy mandy yaar tu bhi na  long hug
are yaar ye smilees bare khattarnaak hain..lol main dhalna kahin chahti ghuss kahin aur jaate hain..lol

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-01, 11:17

btw, jodha rani ki waapsi ki date kya hai? someone said we will get to see her more hunars..hai bhagwaan mujhe saara epi fast forward karna parega..lol

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by smile.sara on 2014-05-01, 11:23

mandygi wrote:btw, jodha rani ki waapsi ki date kya hai? someone said we will get to see her more hunars..hai bhagwaan mujhe saara epi fast forward karna parega..lol
did u see her scene today I didn't watch just runaway  when saw her face  run  Clap

smile.sara
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by smile.sara on 2014-05-01, 11:24

arey yaha koi CC hae...ham aunty k thread ko CC na bana dai hpee

smile.sara
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-01, 11:27

sara, i also ff her scene when she had thaal in her hand i thought chalo jai dagdambe jai kaali ka jaap shuru and then same old hamare charitra pe laga laalchann..blah blah shuru..yawn..i skipped and then precap came..lol!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-01, 11:28

i know aunty ki daant paregi ab to,,where is the cc btw?
smile.sara wrote:arey yaha koi CC hae...ham aunty k thread ko CC na bana dai hpee

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by smile.sara on 2014-05-01, 11:30

mandygi wrote:sara, i also ff her scene when she had thaal in her hand i thought chalo jai dagdambe jai kaali ka jaap shuru and then same old hamare charitra pe laga laalchann..blah blah shuru..yawn..i skipped and then precap came..lol!
precap mae yah HB Mahan begum ki mahan amma jaan ka bhashan chalu tha ...is Shahansha ki apni akal ghaas charne gae hae kia Bang ...

smile.sara
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-01, 11:40

shahenshah ko rone se phursat mile to dimaag chale..lol..jab dekho aansoon ki dukaan..ab bas bhi karo bechara RT glycerine daal daal ke ro ro ke thak gaya hoga..!
smile.sara wrote:
mandygi wrote:sara, i also ff her scene when she had thaal in her hand i thought chalo jai dagdambe jai kaali ka jaap shuru and then same old hamare charitra pe laga laalchann..blah blah shuru..yawn..i skipped and then precap came..lol!
precap mae yah HB Mahan begum ki mahan amma jaan ka bhashan chalu tha ...is Shahansha ki apni akal ghaas charne gae hae kia Bang ...

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by munnirony on 2014-05-01, 11:40

sandhya wrote:If Shivaani is forgiven for disgracing the sultanate, as she was misled by MA, then why is Ruqs too not forgiven for being misled by MA?

Anyone else wanted to  Bang  Salima Begum for cheerleading Jodha today even in this situation?
thts not mislead. srry but ruku always knew tht MA was always upto sumthing & she had always warned jalal as well. so now it cant be termed as misled. she was never so dumb who can be misled by maham. srry whts wrong is wrong. im not saying shivani is innocent but ruku's crime is bigger bcoz she was always aware of maham's intentions.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 361
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by smile.sara on 2014-05-01, 11:55

mandygi wrote:shahenshah ko rone se phursat mile to dimaag chale..lol..jab dekho aansoon ki dukaan..ab bas bhi karo bechara RT glycerine daal daal ke ro ro ke thak gaya hoga..!
smile.sara wrote:
mandygi wrote:sara, i also ff her scene when she had thaal in her hand i thought chalo jai dagdambe jai kaali ka jaap shuru and then same old hamare charitra pe laga laalchann..blah blah shuru..yawn..i skipped and then precap came..lol!
precap mae yah HB Mahan begum ki mahan amma jaan ka bhashan chalu tha ...is Shahansha ki apni akal ghaas charne gae hae kia Bang ...

wohi tau yaar.. why they do this when ruku said u cant cry like this u are Shahansha she was wrong and when salima said u cant cry like this because u r Shahansha and this what jodha begum will tell u if she will be here  Evil or Very Mad  she is right .. Shocked

smile.sara
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 69
Join date : 2013-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-01, 12:02

sara, salima is right because she is jodha bhakt..if jodha is always right then how can chela be wrong..lol

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by ---Khushi--- on 2014-05-01, 12:13

Exactly..........I totally agree......but I also feel, that if Ruq is actually feeling guilty, she could still be redeemed........n should be redeemed......munnirony wrote: peace 
sandhya wrote:If Shivaani is forgiven for disgracing the sultanate, as she was misled by MA, then why is Ruqs too not forgiven for being misled by MA?

Anyone else wanted to  Bang  Salima Begum for cheerleading Jodha today even in this situation?
thts not mislead. srry but ruku always knew tht MA was always upto sumthing & she had always warned jalal as well. so now it cant be termed as misled. she was never so dumb who can be misled by maham. srry whts wrong is wrong. im not saying shivani is innocent but ruku's crime is bigger bcoz she was always aware of maham's intentions.

---Khushi---
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 28
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-05-01, 12:52

I want onething immediately in d show..i want jalal to stop crying for everything..and I want jalal to face all dis suituation alone,bravely like a true shehensha..everyone saying Jodha should b there for to give him support..oh plzz, he is far much better without dat mahan lady..He is jalal..he is the one who faced so much challenges in childhood..den there is no Jodha begam..he lost her father,and didn't get mother's love..den there is no Jodha begam..he took responsibility of mughal saltanate at the age of 14..without Jodha begam,if he can overcome all dis difficulties,den he can do it now too without d help of mahan lady and her mahan speech..

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 260
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-05-01, 12:53

Inadvertent double post removed..


Last edited by Greeshma014 on 2014-05-01, 18:14; edited 1 time in total

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 260
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-01, 13:56

Episode 229: Of a weepfest and  an ill-timed confession


Folks,


I am afraid my Like button is not working, but I loved all this vigorous debate on our dramatis personae. Please take it that all the posts from page 21 onwards have been Liked!


Ash, aapka hukum sar aankhon par! Here goes for last night!


Ruqaiya: She  made a bad mistake last night in confessing what she did. Let me try to explain why.

She did so NOT because she was afraid of being exposed; she could easily have blamed Mahaam for trying drag her in, as she had no active role to play the khwaja sera affair at all. She did to get it off her conscience, because she genuinely felt miserably guilty about it.

She had initially believed what Mahaam told her, that Jodha was having an affair with a Rajvanshi who had sneaked into the harem to meet, and she was glad of it. But she was horrified when she found out that the khwaja sera was Sujamal, and she confronted Mahaam about it at once, only to face a stout denial.

Ruqaiya hates Jodha out of jealousy, but she is always against getting her into trouble for something in which Jodha is not guilty.

But last night, apart from confessing very poorly - she was unable to get across that she believed Jodha to be guilty of zinakari - she  was wrong and stupid in indulging her own guilty conscience when, in the process, she added another heavy load of  misery to Jalal's already wounded zehen.  She had NO  business lightening her own zehen  and plunging his even deeper into a vortex of helplessness faced with mounting betrayals.

There are truths that are best kept hidden, not out of guilt or lack of courage, but out of compassion. By thinking only of herself and not about him, Ruqaiya failed Jalal badly last night. She deserved what she got in return, which was no more than I would have expected from Jalal, given the emotional state he was in.

Salima/Jalal: I could not understand what was all that "Agar Jodha Begum yahan hotin to woh yahi chahti thi" from Salima, and Jalal bleating "Woh yahan kyon nahin hai?" as if Jodha had been there at every crisis in his life so far, holding his hand and  comforting him. Unless one counts  the shoulder touch after the BB affair over  and over and over, like the multiple voting in some forum polls! hpee 

Jalal needs to have his head examined, and as for the Oracle of Agra, she seems to have caught Jalal's tick of adding "Jodha Begum" to every sentence he utters. I can think of no other reason for both of them dragging her name into Salima's otherwise eminently sensible homily, which effectively amounted to :A Shahenshah cannot weep.

Jodha: Santram's revenge!: Finally, Jodha queries Shaguni Bai with all the feeling an income tax assessee would display when  quizzing the chartered accountant about the admissibility of a tax deduction.  hpee 

It was bizarre; there was NO expression at all on her face - not agony, not despair, not longing,  nothing. 


Plus, when she reminisces about the Kali Mandir visit, she does NOT remember the only vital point: Jalal's incredibly touching gesture of kneeling before Kali Maa and touching her feet with his forehead. Only his listening to her admonition of take off his jootis and his copying her gesture while praying.

Again the good student syndrome at work - our Ash is spot on when she noted that Jodha cares only for what Jalal is for her, Jodha.



Nowhere is there even a hint of a lovelorn girl's despair to be  seen, not to speak of all that our classics demand of the virahotkhandita nayika! And when she babbles earlier about remembering him all the time (with no visuals of flashbacks to support this standalone assertion!) , it sounds like someone reading out a laundry list! hpee

I think this is Santram Verma's  revenge.  I am sure he writes Jodha's scenes and lines and then hands them over to the assistant who actually directs her scenes. She was never this bad before!



The Oracle of Amer: Cut to Jalal mooning about in a balcony, looking ready to dissolve into tears again, and clearly holding them back only because he remembers Salima's version of what Jodha Begum would have wanted. The contrast in their reactions hits the viewer full in the face.

Pretty soon, Jalal will have a lifesize statue of Jodha Begum made and set up in his hoojra.  He will consult the statue for guidance on any and all issues of political and personal importance. 


Maybe Salima Begum will hide behind the Jodha statue - like Dharmendra's Veeru hiding behind the Shiva statue in Sholay-   and offer her advice with the decisive weight of its being direct from the Shahenshah's dil-o-jaan, no matter if her guroor, oops, her swabhimaan  still keeps her in Amer. hpee 


Shyamala/Aunty/Akka (this is for Cuddly!)

PS: Greeshma my dear, double posting is not going to help. Jalal is NOT going to stop weeping. In the intervals between these bouts, he is going to scrunch up his nice nose till it looks like an misshapen potato, to indicate (very temporary) anger and determination. So do not get your hopes up! hpee 


sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 855
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-01, 14:36

Thanks a ton Shyamala:) long hug 
I agree with you completely.  
Ruq- still, I appreciate for what she did, she ha courage to accept her mistake even in that situation, when she knows that it can affect her relationship, which is missing in "Jodha Devi" completely.  
RT and AK stole the screen again today with their expressions, emotions.
Jodha- she is getting annoying everyday.  "apse toh kuch chipa nahin hain shaguni bai". There were no emotions when she said that, no pain in her voice,I think the director forgot yo tell her that, they will add a flashback there, so she was blank.  With these kind of emotions, how suddenly she will decide yo go to Agra?  Looks like, they will dedicate Friday's episode showing Jodha's Mann vichalit hora hain, and she wakes upto realise that, she needs to go back to Jalal.   Evil or Very Mad  Bang 



sashashyam wrote:Episode 229: Of a weepfest and  an ill-timed confession


Folks,


I am afraid my Like button is not working, but I loved all this vigorous debate on our dramatis personae. Please take it that all the posts from page 21 onwards have been Liked!


Ash, aapka hukum sar aankhon par! Here goes for last night!


Ruqaiya: She  made a bad mistake last night in confessing what she did. Let me try to explain why.

She did so NOT because she was afraid of being exposed; she could easily have blamed Mahaam for trying drag her in, as she had no active role to play the khwaja sera affair at all. She did to get it off her conscience, because she genuinely felt miserably guilty about it.

She had initially believed what Mahaam told her, that Jodha was having an affair with a Rajvanshi who had sneaked into the harem to meet, and she was glad of it. But she was horrified when she found out that the khwaja sera was Sujamal, and she confronted Mahaam about it at once, only to face a stout denial.

Ruqaiya hates Jodha out of jealousy, but she is always against getting her into trouble for something in which Jodha is not guilty.

But last night, apart from confessing very poorly - she was unable to get across that she believed Jodha to be guilty of zinakari - she  was wrong and stupid in indulging her own guilty conscience when, in the process, she added another heavy load of  misery to Jalal's already wounded zehen.  She had NO  business lightening her own zehen  and plunging his even deeper into a vortex of helplessness faced with mounting betrayals.

There are truths that are best kept hidden, not out of guilt or lack of courage, but out of compassion. By thinking only of herself and not about him, Ruqaiya failed Jalal badly last night. She deserved what she got in return, which was no more than I would have expected from Jalal, given the emotional state he was in.

Salima/Jalal: I could not understand what was all that "Agar Jodha Begum yahan hotin to woh yahi chahti thi" from Salima, and Jalal bleating "Woh yahan kyon nahin hai?" as if Jodha had been there at every crisis in his life so far, holding his hand and  comforting him. Unless one counts  the shoulder touch after the BB affair over  and over and over, like the multiple voting in some forum polls! hpee 

Jalal needs to have his head examined, and as for the Oracle of Agra, she seems to have caught Jalal's tick of adding "Jodha Begum" to every sentence he utters. I can think of no other reason for both of them dragging her name into Salima's otherwise eminently sensible homily, which effectively amounted to :A Shahenshah cannot weep.

Jodha: Santram's revenge!: Finally, Jodha queries Shaguni Bai with all the feeling an income tax assessee would display when  quizzing the chartered accountant about the admissibility of a tax deduction.  hpee 

It was bizarre; there was NO expression at all on her face - not agony, not despair, not longing,  nothing. 


Plus, when she reminisces about the Kali Mandir visit, she does NOT remember the only vital point: Jalal's incredibly touching gesture of kneeling before Kali Maa and touching her feet with his forehead. Only his listening to her admonition of take off his jootis and his copying her gesture while praying.

Again the good student syndrome at work - our Ash is spot on when she noted that Jodha cares only for what Jalal is for her, Jodha.



Nowhere is there even a hint of a lovelorn girl's despair to be  seen, not to speak of all that our classics demand of the virahotkhandita nayika! And when she babbles earlier about remembering him all the time (with no visuals of flashbacks to support this standalone assertion!) , it sounds like someone reading out a laundry list! hpee

I think this is Santram Verma's  revenge.  I am sure he writes Jodha's scenes and lines and then hands them over to the assistant who actually directs her scenes. She was never this bad before!



The Oracle of Amer: Cut to Jalal mooning about in a balcony, looking ready to dissolve into tears again, and clearly holding them back only because he remembers Salima's version of what Jodha Begum would have wanted. The contrast in their reactions hits the viewer full in the face.

Pretty soon, Jalal will have a lifesize statue of Jodha Begum made and set up in his hoojra.  He will consult the statue for guidance on any and all issues of political and personal importance. 


Maybe Salima Begum will hide behind the Jodha statue - like Dharmendra's Veeru hiding behind the Shiva statue in Sholay-   and offer her advice with the decisive weight of its being direct from the Shahenshah's dil-o-jaan, no matter if her guroor, oops, her swabhimaan  still keeps her in Amer. hpee 


Shyamala/Aunty/Akka (this is for Cuddly!)

PS: Greeshma my dear, double posting is not going to help. Jalal is NOT going to stop weeping. In the intervals between these bouts, he is going to scrunch up his nice nose till it looks like an misshapen potato, to indicate (very temporary) anger and determination. So do not get your hopes up! hpee 


aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 223
Join date : 2013-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by munnirony on 2014-05-01, 14:58

honestly i just want to say. im pissed off with each nd evry women in this show, except mainawati & dadisa. my support is with jalal, bcoz sumone should be there to defend him. so i will whtever he does is not wrong. Wink

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 361
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by neha on 2014-05-01, 15:05

Dear Aunty, great post ! I too am pissed off with Salima's logic, except BB's case when has Jodha stood by him and consoled him ? This begum of Jalal is suffering from HB-syndrome, sangat ka asar hai !  Wink
I agree some secrets are best kept hidden and especially in a marriage/friendship but I liked what Ruqaiya did, her conscience was troubling her the moment she came to know KS's truth. She has once seen the consequences of hiding things from Jalal in Murthi Kaand, he has quite distanced himself from her. Universe gave her a chance to redeem herself and she utilised it. Sometimes its better to face the music than keeping mum, because if Jalal came to know about her from Maham then it would have hurt him 100 times more than now.
And about Jodha, I mentioned in Lashy's post that its Pari and the writers/directors have contributed to degrade Jodha's character. There were no expressions of the conflict going on in Jodha's mind, it appeared as if Jodha hardly understood a single line of what Shaguni said. Jodha gets only one scene in an entire episode and Paridhi manages to let it down completely. She is not new to showing emotions but when there are superlative performances from Rajat and Ashwini, Paridhi's shortcomings are more evident. Santram is not even shooting for her scenes, I now think its Paridhi who is failing to give a good performance.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by sandhya on 2014-05-01, 15:08

munnirony wrote:honestly i just want to say. im pissed off with each nd evry women in this show, except mainawati & dadisa. my support is with jalal, bcoz sumone should be there to defend him. so i will whtever he does is not wrong. Wink
Shreya
You like Hyperwati?
Apart from her unparalleled ability to wail and weep, you remember her reaction when news of Ruqs pregnancy reached her.............she said that her Jodha's importance may be reduced. (And people want Ruqaiya to welcome a sauten with open arms.) Teapot was more dignified there. So perhaps it was poetic justice that though Jodha's son did ascend the throne, he was closer to Ruqaiya. So was the next heir, Khurram whom Akbar gave to Ruqaiya to be raised in childhood.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 787
Join date : 2013-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by harrybird on 2014-05-01, 15:09

sashashyam wrote:Dear  Aunty,

Awesome post!

 Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup 

Episode 229: Of a weepfest and  an ill-timed confession


You said it right! its Weepfest....Crying is an Infectious disease! Entire Agra was caught up with this weeping disease yesterday including Resham with Jalal being the primary source and Jodha, the chronic carrier of this infection! 
Sick ....


Folks,


I am afraid my Like button is not working, but I loved all this vigorous debate on our dramatis personae. Please take it that all the posts from page 21 onwards have been Liked!


Ash, aapka hukum sar aankhon par! Here goes for last night!


Ruqaiya: She  made a bad mistake last night in confessing what she did. Let me try to explain why.

She did so NOT because she was afraid of being exposed; she could easily have blamed Mahaam for trying drag her in, as she had no active role to play the khwaja sera affair at all. She did to get it off her conscience, because she genuinely felt miserably guilty about it.
Aunty,I felt Lavina performed brilliantly in this particular scene!

She had initially believed what Mahaam told her, that Jodha was having an affair with a Rajvanshi who had sneaked into the harem to meet, and she was glad of it. But she was horrified when she found out that the khwaja sera was Sujamal, and she confronted Mahaam about it at once, only to face a stout denial.

Ruqaiya hates Jodha out of jealousy, but she is always against getting her into trouble for something in which Jodha is not guilty.

But last night, apart from confessing very poorly - she was unable to get across that she believed Jodha to be guilty of zinakari - she  was wrong and stupid in indulging her own guilty conscience when, in the process, she added another heavy load of  misery to Jalal's already wounded zehen.  She had NO  business lightening her own zehen  and plunging his even deeper into a vortex of helplessness faced with mounting betrayals.

There are truths that are best kept hidden, not out of guilt or lack of courage, but out of compassion. By thinking only of herself and not about him, Ruqaiya failed Jalal badly last night. She deserved what she got in return, which was no more than I would have expected from Jalal, given the emotional state he was in.

Salima/Jalal: I could not understand what was all that "Agar Jodha Begum yahan hotin to woh yahi chahti thi" from Salima, and Jalal bleating "Woh yahan kyon nahin hai?" as if Jodha had been there at every crisis in his life so far, holding his hand and  comforting him. Unless one counts  the shoulder touch after the BB affair over  and over and over, like the multiple voting in some forum polls! hpee  

Jalal needs to have his head examined, Aunty, No Neurological examination required for Jalal for we know the diagnosis as well as the treatment.. Bang  100 times a day for 7 days! and as for the Oracle of Agra, she seems to have caught Jalal's tick of adding "Jodha Begum" to every sentence he utters. I can think of no other reason for both of them dragging her name into Salima's otherwise eminently sensible homily, which effectively amounted to :A Shahenshah cannot weep. What an advice by Salima ! When he cried for Jodha, she said he has to think like an husband/Lover, not as a Shehshah...When he cried for MA, she said he has to think like a Shenshah, not as a Son! I firmly believe that Jalal & Shenshah are inseperable!......Yes, Salima is sensible but Jalal is shrewd! cant he decide for himself?  Question  

Jodha: Santram's revenge!: Finally, Jodha queries Shaguni Bai with all the feeling an income tax assessee would display when  quizzing the chartered accountant about the admissibility of a tax deduction.  hpee ... ROFL  ROFL  ROFL 

It was bizarre; there was NO expression at all on her face - not agony, not despair, not longing,  nothing. She is confused, so do we!  

 confused 
Plus, when she reminisces about the Kali Mandir visit, she does NOT remember the only vital point: Jalal's incredibly touching gesture of kneeling before Kali Maa and touching her feet with his forehead. Only his listening to her admonition of take off his jootis and his copying her gesture while praying. Aunty, Dont forget, Santram sits on the editing table! Thats y Jallu gets good flashblacks, good closeup shots... Jodha gets only, "Aap chale chahiye" FB and repeated expressions! 

Again the good student syndrome at work - our Ash is spot on when she noted that Jodha cares only for what Jalal is for her, Jodha.



Nowhere is there even a hint of a lovelorn girl's despair to be  seen, not to speak of all that our classics demand of the virahotkhandita nayika! And when she babbles earlier about remembering him all the time (with no visuals of flashbacks to support this standalone assertion!) , it sounds like someone reading out a laundry list! hpee

I think this is Santram Verma's  revenge.  I am sure he writes Jodha's scenes and lines and then hands them over to the assistant who actually directs her scenes. She was never this bad before!
Yes Aunty, I agree with you, Jo & Jalal scenes are like chalk and cheese... Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 


The Oracle of Amer: Cut to Jalal mooning about in a balcony, looking ready to dissolve into tears again, and clearly holding them back only because he remembers Salima's version of what Jodha Begum would have wanted. The contrast in their reactions hits the viewer full in the face.

Pretty soon, Jalal will have a lifesize statue of Jodha Begum made and set up in his hoojra.  He will consult the statue for guidance on any and all issues of political and personal importance. 


Maybe Salima Begum will hide behind the Jodha statue - like Dharmendra's Veeru hiding behind the Shiva statue in Sholay-   and offer her advice with the decisive weight of its being direct from the Shahenshah's dil-o-jaan, no matter if her guroor, oops, her swabhimaan  still keeps her in Amer. hpee ... ROFL  ROFL  ROFL 


Shyamala/Aunty/Akka (this is for Cuddly!)
Aunty, Inspite all these hiccups, I liked yesterday's episode! Courtesy - Rajat & Ashwini's Brilliant performance!
PS: Greeshma my dear, double posting is not going to help. Jalal is NOT going to stop weeping. In the intervals between these bouts, he is going to scrunch up his nice nose till it looks like an misshapen potato, to indicate (very temporary) anger and determination. So do not get your hopes up! hpee 

Harry

harrybird
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 154
Join date : 2013-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by sandhya on 2014-05-01, 15:12

Originally posted by sashashyam

Of Episode 229  and the habit of apologising

Folks,

1)
Episode 229:

Ruqaiya: She  made a bad mistake last night in confessing what she did. Let me try to explain why.

She did so NOT because she was afraid of being exposed; she could easily have blamed Mahaam for trying drag her in, as she had no active role to play the khwaja sera affair at all. She did to get it off her conscience, because she genuinely felt miserably guilty about it.

She had initially believed what Mahaam told her, that Jodha was having an affair with a Rajvanshi who had sneaked into the harem to meet, and she was glad of it. But she was horrified when she found out that the khwaja sera was Sujamal, and she confronted Mahaam about it at once, only to face a stout denial.

Ruqaiya hates Jodha out of jealousy, but she is always against getting her into trouble for something in which Jodha is not guilty.

But last night, apart from confessing very poorly - she was unable to get across that she believed Jodha to be guilty of zinakari - she  was wrong and stupid in indulging her own guilty conscience when, in the process, she added another heavy load of  misery to Jalal's already wounded zehen.  She had NO  business lightening her own zehen  and plunging his even deeper into a vortex of helplessness faced with mounting betrayals.

There are truths that are best kept hidden, not out of guilt or lack of courage, but out of compassion. By thinking only of herself and not about him, Ruqaiya failed Jalal badly last night. She deserved what she got in return, which was no more than I would have expected from Jalal, given the emotional state he was in.

 

Aunty, I thought that some truths are better told.  May be the timing was wrong...but it was the first opportunity she got. As soon as she learnt that Dilawar was Sujamal, Jalal set out to catch Suja and then set out to search for Jo. Moreover Ruqs believed that MA didn't know the truthg either and there was no saazish. Having known that the whole thing was plotted by MA (though initiated by Jodha's midnight adventures that nobody blames, without which none of this mess would have resulted) she feels guilty for having unknowingly aided her that has resulted in Jalal's pain and suffering. It is this guilt that forces her to blurt out the truth.  And be done with it. She would have told him the truth anyway later, which would have made raw the wounds again if rubbed later. These two hardly hide anything from each other.

 

In the murthi khaand, Jalal tells her that she has done many wrongs things before but has always admitted to them all. But he was disappointed that Ruqaiya lied to him for the first time.  So Ruqaiya has always admitted to her faults to Jalal. Revealing the best and worst secrets to each other has been their habit since childhood. I wasn't surprised by her blurting out the truth. In fact I wanted her to do it right now instead of later.


Salima/Jalal: I could not understand what was all that "Jodha Begum yahi chahti thi" from Salima, and Jalal bleating "Woh yahan kyon nahin hai?" as if Jodha had been there at every crisis in his life so far, holding his hand and  comforting him.

 



This piece of convo was , forced and spoilt the flavour of Salima's 'advice'. Moreover he had to be a husband when it comes to Jodha and run behind her when Ruqaiya said that he had to behave like a Shahenshah, but now wrt MA he had to be a Shahenshah and not weep. SB is .  Bang  her.


Jodha: Finally, Jodha queries Shaguni Bai with all the feeling an income tax assessee would display when  quizzing the chartered accountant about the admissibility of a tax deduction.

It was bizarre; there was NO expression at all on her face - not agony, not despair, not longing,  nothing.

Cut to Jalal mooning about in a balcony, looking ready to dissolve into tears again, and clearly holding them back only because he remembers Salima's version of what Jodha Begum would have wanted. The contrast in their reactions hits the viewer full in the face.

 

I don't see any symptoms of even ordinary love or tender feminity in her, let alone epic love.


Her 'my love for him has increased' sounded  comical and extremely hollow. Where does she miss him. Where does she remember him, even when she did remember where does the memory pain her?  There was not even a flicker of expression of missing him in the Kali Mandir. Not even a throb in her voice. And her uchith anuchith banter is getting so boring. There was not even the anguish of remembering him when she doesn't want to remember. No conflicts.  No shock or numbness that has made her a shakuntala in dushyant's viyog that invited the wrath of the rishi. Nothing. She decorates herself as usual, involves herself in her routine, speaks of her apmaan, and certainly doesn't look like one who hasn't touched one morsel for 5 days.


The forum and the audience cannot imagine everything and fill in the gaps. There is no indication that she is hurt except what she  states, no indication of missing him or loving him except what she says. No indication in words or actions that she is in a turmoil. If everything is to be imagined by us then we can also imagine that Ruqaiya consoled jalal later on bk death. We can only go by what is shown and Jodha in this track is shown as one arrogant egoistic and a heartless girl.




Pretty soon, Jalal will have a lifesize statue of Jodha Begum made and set up in his hoojra.  He will consult the statue for guidance on any and all issues of political and personal importance. Maybe Salima Begum will hide behind the Jodha statue - like Dharmendra's Veeru hiding behind the Shiva statue in Sholay-   and offer her advice with the decisive weight of its being direct from the Shahenshah's dil-o-jaan, no matter if her guroor, oops, her swabhimaan  still keeps her in Amer.





Oh! Like Sita's statue for the Ashwamedha Yagya. Sita Ji kahaan, aur kahaan yeh guroor aur ahambhaav ki bundle.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 787
Join date : 2013-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by sandhya on 2014-05-01, 15:21

munnirony wrote:
sandhya wrote:If Shivaani is forgiven for disgracing the sultanate, as she was misled by MA, then why is Ruqs too not forgiven for being misled by MA?

Anyone else wanted to  Bang  Salima Begum for cheerleading Jodha today even in this situation?
thts not mislead. srry but ruku always knew tht MA was always upto sumthing & she had always warned jalal as well. so now it cant be termed as misled. she was never so dumb who can be misled by maham. srry whts wrong is wrong. im not saying shivani is innocent but ruku's crime is bigger bcoz she was always aware of maham's intentions.
Shreya
Here she thought that Jo was wrong and believed Maham's words. That was being misled. Even Jo knew that MA is wrong, but she did allow herself to be misled by MA the day after the dhakka and went about accusing a SKLL. And in this case too, Jo was the prime guilty with her midnight adventures and lies.....all this without MA misleading. Why is that nobody blames her? I don't say Ruqs can be given a clean chit here. But her fault is not bigger than Jo's or Shivaani's. If Jo's fault is not even mentioned and Shivaani's forgiven, then by the same standards, Ruqaiya also can be forgiven.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 787
Join date : 2013-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 226: The Baazigar/JA 227: Page 17 JA 228: Page 21 JA 229 Page 32 JA 230 page 38

Post by Sponsored content Today at 06:57


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum