Latest topics

Shagun - can't win?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shagun - can't win?

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 12:41

Ishita is being attacked by Parmeet and its harrowing to watch it play out.. all of us pretty much know what's going to happen and are waiting to see what Raman will do.

So I decided to focus on the other woman - Shagun. For the first time since the show started, I felt sorry for her.

Its easy to despise Shagun - she's a gold digger too fond of designer products, parties and herself. She abandoned a loving husband and a baby for a rich man so she can have a comfortable life. What's more she indoctrinated her young son the same way. And she still expects Raman to be in love with her.

Yesterday however we saw that matters are not so rosy. Adi was sick and she needed Ashok. He however, was busy drinking and flirting with another woman - something he seems to do all the time. Shagun had said a couple of episodes ago to him "ladki dikhi nahi ki tum shuru ho jaate ho". Its obvious then that he flirts with other women all the time. We don't know whether he sleeps around, but considering his absence all night...

After he accused her of spending the night with Raman, he also tells her that she is a nobody.. not his wife because he hasn't married her. And if she can come running to him when married to Raman, she can certainly go running to Raman now when his star is on the rise. He has insulted her in the worst way possible by saying this.

They aren't married because Ashok simply can't be bothered. Shagun has repeatedly asked him to, but he hasn't yet. Also, he constantly uses her children in his battle with Raman. Shagun always looks unhappy when he lays out his plans, but she goes along with it. What's more, the Raman who Shagun thought is still in love with her, looks to be moving on. He's not only married, but also seems to care about his new wife.

Shagun then is a woman with really no one to turn to. She only has Adi who really cares about her, but he is a child. She is alone because the man she has hitched herself to cares more about defeating her ex husband than being there for her. If Mihir is her brother, she can't expect anything there either because he has chosen Raman. She then is a woman who really is in a position where she can't win. 

Anita Hassanandani is doing a great job making us loath her and feel sorry for her at the same time.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Shagun - can't win?

Post by Tanthya on 2014-04-30, 13:41

I think one should actually congratulate Anita for daring to do different, After the stupendous success of Kavyanjali which still lingers in the mind, she could have opted for the tear jerking , Maham Heroine route but  by opting to play Shagun, A woman who makes her own choice and who bears the brunt of her choice..Anita has proved that she is a actor  who loves challenges

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 14:00

Tanthya wrote:I think one should actually congratulate Anita for daring to do different, After the stupendous success of Kavyanjali which still lingers in the mind, she could have opted for the tear jerking , Maham Heroine route but  by opting to play Shagun, A woman who makes her own choice and who bears the brunt of her choice..Anita has proved that she is a actor  who loves challenges

Agreed.. it is very gutsy of her to do a role which Indian audiences would instantly hate.. we are too used to vamps and mahaan bahus.. and not a society which accepts women making their own choices This is different and challenging and she is doing a marvelous job.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-04-30, 18:31

shanthi she left raman for ashok because he was rich successful and could give her wat she thinks she deserves...but alongside that she must have some feelings for him...and he seems to b playing wit her and using her and her kids to get at Raman...she will probably b feeling insecure...she doesn't know where she stands wit ashok, raman has moved on...the one guarantee she thought she had that raman would always love her, he wouldnt b able to move on she doesnt any more...she will b feeling insecure...Anita does a great job bringing that character to life...a role which is not generally accepted in india...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 18:50

sarra0 wrote:shanthi she left raman for ashok because he was rich successful and could give her wat she thinks she deserves...but alongside that she must have some feelings for him...and he seems to b playing wit her and using her and her kids to get at Raman...she will probably b feeling insecure...she doesn't know where she stands wit ashok, raman has moved on...the one guarantee she thought she had that raman would always love her, he wouldnt b able to move on she doesnt any more...she will b feeling insecure...Anita does a great job bringing that character to life...a role which is not generally accepted in india...

Thats true.. there is no way she can feel sure of herself about what Ashok feels and what he will do.. she is always on tenterhooks with him.

Anita has taken up the challenge and done terrifically

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-04-30, 18:58

I find the portrayal of Shagun's character very problematic. 
She is obviously materialistic, an opportunist and self-involved. That's alright for the negative kind of a character she's supposed to be. But why is she so weak?! 

She took the decision of leaving her husband at some point in her life. That must have taken some will power and strength of mind. Where has that disappeared? Why does she care if she's not a wife of someone?! Why should that matter? Why does she allow Raman to hold that over her? And now Ashok too! People do live together nowadays and it's slowly being accepted. Also it's easier if you're rich. I mean she must have had a maiden name at some stage of her life! Why don't women in serials have last names unless they are married!?!!!
Sorry for the mini rant. I liked the post a lot  Thumbsup

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 19:04

hooked wrote:I find the portrayal of Shagun's character very problematic. 
She is obviously materialistic, an opportunist and self-involved. That's alright for the negative kind of a character she's supposed to be. But why is she so weak?! 

She took the decision of leaving her husband at some point in her life. That must have taken some will power and strength of mind. Where has that disappeared? Why does she care if she's not a wife of someone?! Why should that matter? Why does she allow Raman to hold that over her? And now Ashok too! People do live together nowadays and it's slowly being accepted. Also it's easier if you're rich. I mean she must have had a maiden name at some stage of her life! Why don't women in serials have last names unless they are married!?!!!

Thanks hooked.. yes true isn't it.. they don't seem to have any sense of self until they are married.

Will power yes, but was it strength or weakness .. weakness for what he was offering.. and I guess the deal always would have been to be married which he is not doing.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-04-30, 19:15

slmu wrote:

Thanks hooked.. yes true isn't it.. they don't seem to have any sense of self until they are married.

Will power yes, but was it strength or weakness .. weakness for what he was offering.. and I guess the deal always would have been to be married which he is not doing.
haha..yes. weakness for wealth. But still coming from the kind of family she belonged to, divorcing her husband and living with another man required some sort of reckless bravery if we can call it that. 
Yes, so true about the marriage thing! Also, I'm guessing because she was so desperate to leave Raman that she didn't push for a large alimony. Her relationship with Ashok is going through a rough patch since the auction. Shagun is like the embodiment of the 'arm candy' type of woman. She should focus her energy now into getting Ashok to marry her. That would even things out a bit.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 19:24

hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:

haha..yes. weakness for wealth. But still coming from the kind of family she belonged to, divorcing her husband and living with another man required some sort of reckless bravery if we can call it that. 
Yes, so true about the marriage thing! Also, I'm guessing because she was so desperate to leave Raman that she didn't push for a large alimony. Her relationship with Ashok is going through a rough patch since the auction. Shagun is like the embodiment of the 'arm candy' type of woman. She should focus her energy now into getting Ashok to marry her. That would even things out a bit.

True its not something women from a middle class background do normally so it was brave.. no wonder she is out there with no support as such

Ashok is so used to winning that the auction fiasco has shocked him.. and before that too, his Ruhi plot came undone. He may not allow her to focus on getting married.. instead he will be cooking up further plots and dragging Shagun and Adi into it.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-04-30, 19:33

slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:

True its not something women from a middle class background do normally so it was brave.. no wonder she is out there with no support as such

Ashok is so used to winning that the auction fiasco has shocked him.. and before that too, his Ruhi plot came undone. He may not allow her to focus on getting married.. instead he will be cooking up further plots and dragging Shagun and Adi into it.
Yeah, you are right. That is what's going to happen. In the book apparently Ashok really loved her. She was the first person he had actually fallen in love with. Evidently, the show isn't taking the same line.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 19:39

hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:

Yeah, you are right. That is what's going to happen. In the book apparently Ashok really loved her. She was the first person he had actually fallen in love with. Evidently, the show isn't taking the same line.

Oh? I guess they are making him the sort who uses and tosses aside in the show..

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-04-30, 19:47

slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:

Oh? I guess they are making him the sort who uses and tosses aside in the show..
haha..well, I mean Shagun is quite perfect for him. He just needs to get his commitment phobia sorted out and then they'll be good to go.

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 19:52

hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:

haha..well, I mean Shagun is quite perfect for him. He just needs to get his commitment phobia sorted out and then they'll be good to go.

yes.. i guess she is interested in the everything he usually is apart from marriage..  hpee

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-04-30, 20:02

slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:

yes.. i guess she is interested in the everything he usually is apart from marriage..  hpee
hahah!! I mean just because you are cast as the evil characters in some show doesn't mean you shouldn't get your own shot at happiness!   Wink

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 20:09

hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:

hahah!! I mean just because you are cast as the evil characters in some show doesn't mean you shouldn't get your own shot at happiness!   Wink

hppy  so true.. everyone deserves some happiness whatever way they want it

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hooked on 2014-04-30, 20:14

slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:

I can totally see Ashok and Shagun drinking to that!!  pepsi and they won't be drinking some soft drink!

hooked
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 20:16

hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:
hooked wrote:
slmu wrote:

I can totally see Ashok and Shagun drinking to that!!  pepsi and they won't be drinking some soft drink!

ROFL  ROFL  no it won't be

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-04-30, 20:36

Shanti brilliant post! I really felt for Shagun yesterday..it all came tumbling down for her. This was bound to happen but she didnt expect it at such a stage I guess.

Anita is doing a fabulous job as Shagun...its not easy to take risks and portray urself as negative ..I am so gald she took up this challenge and she is fully into the character. Many times when Ashok does something to challenge Raman and uses her or kids..she does know its wrong but just goes along so as to not hurt him by denying.

I love her dress sense....her accessories everythign is very classic! Her figure is to die for  hpee 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 20:39

zuzana wrote:Shanti brilliant post! I really felt for Shagun yesterday..it all came tumbling down for her. This was bound to happen but she didnt expect it at such a stage I guess.

Anita is doing a fabulous job as Shagun...its not easy to take risks and portray urself as negative ..I am so gald she took up this challenge and she is fully into the character. Many times when Ashok does something to challenge Raman and uses her or kids..she does know its wrong but just goes along so as to not hurt him by denying.

I love her dress sense....her accessories everythign is very classic! Her figure is to die for  hpee 

Thanks Zu.. yes it did come down upon her badly.. and it wasn't really her fault.. it was just that she needed support and Ashok was not around. 

I love the sarees she wears  hpee  .. she looks awesome. And it is brave of her to take up this role, because its not a vamp in the traditional sense.. people would not take kindly to this character.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-04-30, 20:50

sarra0 wrote:shanthi she left raman for ashok because he was rich successful and could give her wat she thinks she deserves...but alongside that she must have some feelings for him...and he seems to b playing wit her and using her and her kids to get at Raman...she will probably b feeling insecure...she doesn't know where she stands wit ashok, raman has moved on...the one guarantee she thought she had that raman would always love her, he wouldnt b able to move on she doesnt any more...she will b feeling insecure...Anita does a great job bringing that character to life...a role which is not generally accepted in india...

sarra I do agree she does have some feelings for Ashok otherwise she wouldnt be putting up with all the nonsense Ashok does with her

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 20:54

zuzana wrote:

sarra I do agree she does have some feelings for Ashok otherwise she wouldnt be putting up with all the nonsense Ashok does with her

she would have in the beginning.. but now? its more like she has no choice

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-04-30, 21:04

slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:

of course she has a choice...whether she wants to do the hard work that comes wit it is another matter...she made her decision, she was strong enough or weak enough depending on how u look at it to go wit ashok to live wit him..in terms of society that cant have been easy to deal wit...if she is now not happy wit ashok then leave him...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-04-30, 21:07

slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:Shanti brilliant post! I really felt for Shagun yesterday..it all came tumbling down for her. This was bound to happen but she didnt expect it at such a stage I guess.

Thanks Zu.. yes it did come down upon her badly.. and it wasn't really her fault.. it was just that she needed support and Ashok was not around. 

I love the sarees she wears  hpee  .. she looks awesome. And it is brave of her to take up this role, because its not a vamp in the traditional sense.. people would not take kindly to this character.

yes its not just another vamp but about her choices ...

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-04-30, 21:07

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:

of course she has a choice...whether she wants to do the hard work that comes wit it is another matter...she made her decision, she was strong enough or weak enough depending on how u look at it to go wit ashok to live wit him..in terms of society that cant have been easy to deal wit...if she is now not happy wit ashok then leave him...

Leave him and go where? she has nobody and no money either.. its all his isn't it

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-04-30, 21:10

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:

and it almost looked like she expected this sort of behaviour from Ashok..she was just fearing it will come true one day

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:14

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum