Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 230: Depression unbounded

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 230: Depression unbounded

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-03, 22:07

munnirony wrote:paridhi is a gud actress & she had done well previously, obviously its not easy to give competition to rajat but still she was much better in jalal's dream sequences just before dhakka episodes, badal kajri episodes, benz track & also her soft expressions after benz track ended. but now-a-days she seems very blank. she says bohut prem but i cant see anything on her face. is recent probs r effecting her performance??? but as a professional tht cant be an excuse.
Agree.. As a professional she shouldn't let any issues (if there are any) affect her on screen work.

It feels more like scenes are randomly shot and inserted here and there. There is no continuity.

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-05-03, 22:18

Sam_0506 wrote:
munnirony wrote:paridhi is a gud actress & she had done well previously, obviously its not easy to give competition to rajat but still she was much better in jalal's dream sequences just before dhakka episodes, badal kajri episodes, benz track & also her soft expressions after benz track ended. but now-a-days she seems very blank. she says bohut prem but i cant see anything on her face. is recent probs r effecting her performance??? but as a professional tht cant be an excuse.
Agree.. As a professional she shouldn't let any issues (if there are any) affect her on screen work.

It feels more like scenes are randomly shot and inserted here and there. There is no continuity.

Ohh sam, I really hope things improve as u said. Seriously, I can count on my fingers the scenes I liked that PS acted. It very much shows how much she as an actress convinced me.

But yeah, as we r nt going anywhere leaving RT, I might as well start decoding the expressions or ignoring them completely. Or may be u can be the official interpreter for Jodha Clap 

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-03, 22:58

knumnum wrote:
Sam_0506 wrote:

Ohh sam, I really hope things improve as u said. Seriously, I can count on my fingers the scenes I liked that PS acted. It very much shows how much she as an actress convinced me.

But yeah, as we r nt going anywhere leaving RT, I might as well start decoding the expressions or ignoring them completely. Or may be u can be the official interpreter for Jodha Clap 
I'll try my best Krish. (trying to be modest)  ROFL

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by enaima on 2014-05-03, 23:12

hello guys :)
i just wanted to tell you that paridhi was on a short vacation and all her scenes of this week were shot together
you can see she's wearing the same costume in all
thats why jodha's scenes appear disjointed and randomly fitted in
no offence, i'm just saying cos i consider BOTH pari and rajat to be excellent actors
i hope now none of you start bashing her for bein unprofessional and taking holidays
it is the IPL season and i won't be surprised if RT or anyone else asks for one himself

enaima

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-03, 23:24

We can understand she was on vacation, but here the discussion about her acting, the performance can't get effected due yo her vacation.  Her expressions are blank.  
enaima wrote:hello guys :)
i just wanted to tell you that paridhi was on a short vacation and all her scenes of this week were shot together
no offence, i'm just saying cos i consider BOTH pari and rajat to be excellent actors
i hope now none of you start bashing her for bein unprofessional and taking holidays
it is the IPL season and i won't be surprised if RT or anyone else asks for one himself

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-03, 23:32

Hey, no body wants bash anybody. We are just discussing what could be missing in the serial.

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by enaima on 2014-05-03, 23:43

considring expressions
first, she hardly had any scenes this week, i'd say she got only about 15 mins of screen space
second, what expressions were blank? yest fb and the way she said 'shehenshah' was really good,
i won't talk of the filler kali arti scene
before that also, when jalal was leaving and jodha had self/soul talk, that too was good
i undertsand most of you are hardcore RT fans and i respect your opinion, but mocking the lead actress's acting skills when she's given brilliant shots in the past

enaima

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-05-03, 23:53

aashyagh wrote:We can understand she was on vacation, but here the discussion about her acting, the performance can't get effected due yo her vacation.  Her expressions are blank.  

There is no debate on whether she shd have taken the vacation or not. Its about the common sense that one shd hv wen a scene is being narrated. If the actor doesn't have this instinct then there ll be now growth for him/her as an actor.

If a scene has a dialogue remembering Jalal then the least expectation is that she ll show some longing for Jalal.

Or in the nightmare scene, she doesn't come out as someone worrying for Jalal's condition. rather she wakes up as if she has got some horrific nightmare. Not the anguish wala look!

I still say, being this the most important track, the PH should not have allowed the vacation. Vacation came at a wrong time. This has dragged the story so much wid Jalal, the character becoming the scape goat to fill in the episodes wid his rona dhona. No emperor as powerful as Jalal wud do this.

Or instead of showing the crying scenes, they cud hv shown MA's case coming out long back and then Jalal getting involved in other political matters instead of crying his heart out wid every other person he meets!

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-05-04, 02:09

enaima wrote:considring expressions
first, she hardly had any scenes this week, i'd say she got only about 15 mins of screen space
second, what expressions were blank? yest fb and the way she said 'shehenshah' was really good,
i won't talk of the filler kali arti scene
before that also, when jalal was leaving and jodha had self/soul talk, that too was good
i undertsand most of you are hardcore RT fans and i respect your opinion, but mocking the lead actress's acting skills when she's given brilliant shots in the past
2 minutes of screen space is sufficient for an excellent actor to prove his mettle or make his/her presence felt. Pari was given less screen space, but she gave confused expressions even in those few minutes.

Of course she has given some excellent shots every now and then, if not always, yet these reactions from her are confused .

RT too hurt his leg during the Ben track and the story was dragged. But his expressions never failed him even in his Anantasayanam pose. When you are too good, you can always make it up. Pari is certainly good, but not too good.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ---Khushi--- on 2014-05-04, 10:26

No moral policing please....we are not errant children who need to be admonished for some prank....as an audience, we are entitled to our opinions regarding the actors' acting calibre

If anyone thinks otherwise, no problems...we shall NOT admonish u for the same.... hpee

---Khushi---
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-05-04, 11:47

Maria J

Rajat Tokas, who is all set to star in yet another period drama 'Jodha Akbar', says the new historical saga has no reference to Hrithik Roshan-Aishwarya Rai starrer 2008 film of the same name.

The 21-year-old actor, who carved a niche in the industry after his portrayal of the Hindu king in 'Dharti ka Veer Yoddha-Prithviraj Chauhan', said the Zee TV saga focuses on the political reign of emperor Akbar rather than the love aspect of the Mughal ruler and Rajput princess.

"It is a misconception that the serial is on the same lines of the film. This serial is a political drama, rather than just the love story of Jodha-Akbar. It is not an adaptation of the movie," Rajat told .

'Jodha Akbar' is being produced by Ekta Kapoor under her banner Balaji Telefilms and is scheduled to go on air from next month.

"Working under Ekta Kapoor was nice. She is a warm and nice person," said Rajat, who has teamed up with Ekta for the second time after TV soap ' Tere Liye'.

Asked his fascination for period dramas, the actor, who is playing the lead character in 'Jodha Akbar', said, "There is no fascination for period dramas but it is just that I want to do them. I want to explore myself as an actor with these kind of opportunities."

The serial will also see veteran actor Ashwini Kalsekar in the the role of Maham Anga and Paridhi Sharma, who will play the character of Jodha Bai.

Credit: Times of India
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Jodha-Akbar-not-an-adaptation-of-Hrithiks-film-Rajat/articleshow/20328046.cms

Look wat i found from this forum. RT clearly says this is not just a love story. Its a political drama!!! Wooohoooooo Clap 

I ll be happy if the CVs have the same idea even now and it goes on to show all the political stories in the life of Akbar rather than jus show the love story.

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2014-05-04, 11:48

Aunthy  ROFL 

Ur post  Thumbsup

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-05-04, 11:48

its not about whether we r RT fans or not, we r saying this is bcoz we know pari is capable of doing much better. but her recent performances r not as gud as previous ones. RT fans r the most unbiased fans of JA. we had always praised pari whenever she was gud & we also criticize rajat when we feel he is not gud. yes we all know pari was in a vacation & we all hope tht now her mind is fresh & now she will be as gud as before.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-05-04, 11:59

Hello dear, welcome to Dhwani !  hpee 
First of all, none here are bashing Paridhi, in fact speaking of myself , I do not like her acting since the starting of the show. Only Kajri was an exception, I loved her in that avtaar. Now if I criticize her acting then you cannot call it bashing as you very much like her acting. I'm entitled to my opinion and others are to theirs. Bashing is not a good word to use !. And Paridhi on vacation cannot be the reason of her expressions and her dialogue delivery, yes there can be a problem in editing but editing cannot change her expressions totally !

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-05-04, 12:26

Great post Aunty !  Thumbsup 
While I loved what Jalal did with Maham, I can't see him listening from Moti those pran jaaye par vachan na jaaye ! He is the one who was ready to give up the throne for his vachan, he does not need anyone to tell him what it requires to fulfill a vachan. He should have stopped Moti then n there, he is a Shehenshah after all, even I cannot see him like this. He has changed a lot but I don't want this change to weaken him and listen to any tom dick and harry when he is not at fault.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ---Khushi--- on 2014-05-04, 17:35

Shyamala Aunty,

I hope your health is fine. You had mentioned yesterday I think about not being too well. Here's a "Jaadu ki Jhappi" for u to make u feel better.
 luv  long hug  luv

---Khushi---
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-05-04, 18:14

I'm fed up with the show..Now i'm watching this show only for Rajat, not for jalal..I want Jodha back in Agra..not becoz I love her unconditionally,but for jalal to stop crying..If not I don't give a damn ,she lives in jungle, Mathura or Himalaya..CVs please make this show as a political one than a love story..First step for dat is stop showing Jodha giving lectures to shehensha,slowly reduce jo's heroinegiri and fill the space with jalal and his achievements..Give some gud scenes of him with Ruk,salima,jo..(no screeching,bashan, who r u advise..) in between.. political,or love story, people wil watch becoz of Rajat..trp too won't get affected if der is action filled episodes..

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-04, 21:19

Very well said, my dear Neha. You have neatly summed up the essence of Dhwani.

Every member of this happily free forum is entitled to her/his opinion on the performance of the actors/actresses. There is no need to apologise for it, provided the critique is done  without any abusive or otherwise intemperate expressions.  None of us is duty bound to like Paridhi, or Ashwini or any other actor.

This should be understood and respected. This is, thank God, NOT the IF, with its virulent groupism, lack of logic and fairness in the application of their rules, and a marked tendency among the powers that be  to play Big Brother, and treat members who are not in tune with the majority fan following as schoolkids who need to be brought to heel.

That Dhwani is so blessedly different is the reason I moved over here. I hope it stays that way and there is no creeping in of IF tendencies.  

Jodha, in the last few episodes, has been either blank or or out of sync with the mood of the scene, or inadequate. The way she questions Shaguni Bai is not like a woman suffering from separation from the man for whom she declares that she has adhik prem, but, with her uchit and anuchit,  like an IT assessee worried about the admissibility of a tax deduction.

After that exercise in telepathy, she looks as if she has had a nightmare, not a soul connection with her beloved.

And in the tel maalish scene, while she was very good in the flashback with Rajat, in the real time scene, she seemed to be struggling to get some emotion thru that she could not manage to put across. The last closing line was absolutely flat. There was no gentle pleasure at the memory, no coquetry, nothing.

Of course she is entitled to a vacation, but when she is on set, she is expected to deliver. And a good actor can impress the viewer in a minute.

Now anyone else is of course free to  disagree in toto with some or all of the above. But NOT to tell me what I must not do.

To revert, I really miss Kajri, and Jodha in the immediate aftermath of the Benazir track, whom I had loved. I had hoped that Kajri would be back in Mathura, but  that hope was dashed, and now we have this!

Shyamala/Aunty

NehaHello dear, welcome to Dhwani !  hpee 
First of all, none here are bashing Paridhi, in fact speaking of myself , I do not like her acting since the starting of the show. Only Kajri was an exception, I loved her in that avtaar. Now if I criticize her acting then you cannot call it bashing as you very much like her acting. I'm entitled to my opinion and others are to theirs. Bashing is not a good word to use !. And Paridhi on vacation cannot be the reason of her expressions and her dialogue delivery, yes there can be a problem in editing but editing cannot change her expressions totally !
 hppy 

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ---Khushi--- on 2014-05-04, 21:42

I think we had guests for Dinner yesterday  ROFL

---Khushi---
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-05-04, 22:31

---Khushi--- wrote: I think we had guests for Dinner yesterday  ROFL

Clap  Clap  Clap

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by divyavm on 2014-05-04, 22:41

Shyamala Aunty, the Thursday episode was really a joke ... I am amazed you actually put up a post for it- but as always it was fantastic   I could only do a funny take for it.  hpee 

Jalal and Maham stole the show on Friday. Re Jodha:

Look I am not going to debate Paridhi as an actress ... She has done some good shots in the past. But regardless of the acting, Jodha's script has been abysmal, 

As a woman, Jodha is entitled to be hurt, egoistic, angry, cold, in denial, and warm. Apologizing comes only after you get over your ego- so no surprises she has not done that.  These are all normal human reactions. But, here is where the scripting has been terrible:

- Time allocated to Jodha's emotions is short: Yes, a good actor can make an impression in 1 minute- but when you see Jalal in pain for 25 mins and Jodha for 5 minutes- it definitely does not make an impact no matter what. 

- No steady graph of these emotions: She oscillates from cold, to concern, to shock , to warmth in random order so you have no clue how she has progressed

- No reflection on what the emotions mean: Kali Maa Mandir or the dream, there is no reflection of what she means. When she went to the kali maa mandir with Jalal, she had a whole voice talk on how she could not keep her promise. Now, she was silent- what was the anger and tears for? 

- There is no turmoil of emotions which happens when you show two emotions at the same time ... Like Jalal is both angry and hurt regarding Maham Anga ... But Jodha is scripted one emotion at a time in silos so you feel she keeps flip-flopping her emotions ... To be fair, Jalal's dialogues are much, much better! 

Phew ... I wanted to vent that out ... And I can do that only here.

divyavm
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-05-05, 00:41

Aunty and friends

I am off till month end. See you in June. hpee 

The incentive is that I need not watch the Teakwood Pudding wedding  and Jodha Devi's Royal return to Agra (on palanquin, elephant, horse, lion, camel, giraffe, donkey, yak, whatever )   after having magnanimously forgiven her no-prayashchith-paapi husband.

Hoping to sneak into  Aunty's posts here and Akbar Jodha and Divya's threads in IF, whenever possible.

Adi, please do continue with the next Akbar Jodha after 150 pages or till mods close it due to members of IF Flat Earth Society, whichever is earlier.  

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-05, 01:25

Loool Sandy... we'll miss you babe  long hug

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-05, 12:24

Sandhya, will miss you:) Try to peak in as much as possible long hug 

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-05, 12:26

sandhya wrote:
Sandhya my dear,  I  will miss you as and when I come here, but I too need a break. I am not well, in a low level lingering fashion, and in any case, JA promises to be frightful for the next few weeks, so you are well out of it, and I will try and play hooky as much  as I can.

I must plead guilty for not having commented yet on your The end of  a chapter thread. I will do so today; I have just not been up to staring at the laptop screen.

Adiana is taking good care of the successor to your  thread, but I am sure that if the visitors continue to explain what JKJH means, a closure of that one too is imminent! I got in my last comment on  your thread just in the nick of time.

Seeing the kind of entirely fictitious reasons advanced for that closure, I am now sure that Josef Goebbels has been reincarnated in the IF DT, as a kind of omnibus avatar, and is doing just fine!

Have a nice restful time, my pet, and come back ready to cope with all the tripe that will await you come June.

Shyamala Aunty

Aunty and friends

I am off till month end. See you in June. hpee 

The incentive is that I need not watch the Teakwood Pudding wedding  and Jodha Devi's Royal return to Agra (on palanquin, elephant, horse, lion, camel, giraffe, donkey, yak, whatever )   after having magnanimously forgiven her no-prayashchith-paapi husband.

Hoping to sneak into  Aunty's posts here and Akbar Jodha and Divya's threads in IF, whenever possible.

Adi, please do continue with the next Akbar Jodha after 150 pages or till mods close it due to members of IF Flat Earth Society, whichever is earlier.  

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 04:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum