Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 230: Depression unbounded

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 230: Depression unbounded

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-05, 12:41

Don't you see, Divya my dear, that Jalal is NOT being helped by 25 minutes in pain? It makes me want to clout him. Five minutes of his pain would register much better; after a certain time limit, no emotion, no matter how well depicted,  can  hold the audience. That is why many in the theatre laughed as they watched Shahrukh's Devdas die at great and unnecessary length. It was not callousness, but an involuntary reaction to too much of forced tragedy.
Jalal is worse, he looks like an ineffective wimp and a crybaby, which NO emperor can afford to be. He made me feel queasy all of Thursday, and I thought my readers would have seen WHY I wrote this post, and with this title too: to get that welling irritation out of my system.
The lack of impact, and worse, that Jodha makes is NOT due to lack of time. Or to one emotion at a time. She cannot show even that single emotion well. Look at the telepathy scene for one.
As you know, I do not accept this “blame the script” escapism for anyone, and so not for Jodha now either. Jodha is poorly drawn, true, but she is even more poorly enacted.

Just wait till the amar prem bandwagon gets going! It is going to look like a tepid farce.
That will be as much  because they are an ill matched pair in terms of capacity, as due to the unwavering Jodha worship in the script. Either way, it is going  to be a washout.  

I do not go to the IF except very rarely these days, but I wish you luck with your positive Take 5s. They are going to demand all your skills to make them credible!

Shyamala Aunty

divyavmShyamala Aunty, the Thursday episode was really a joke ... I am amazed you actually put up a post for it- but as always it was fantastic   I could only do a funny take for it.  hpee 

Jalal and Maham stole the show on Friday. Re Jodha:

Look I am not going to debate Paridhi as an actress ... She has done some good shots in the past. But regardless of the acting, Jodha's script has been abysmal, 

As a woman, Jodha is entitled to be hurt, egoistic, angry, cold, in denial, and warm. Apologizing comes only after you get over your ego- so no surprises she has not done that.  These are all normal human reactions. But, here is where the scripting has been terrible:

- Time allocated to Jodha's emotions is short: Yes, a good actor can make an impression in 1 minute- but when you see Jalal in pain for 25 mins and Jodha for 5 minutes- it definitely does not make an impact no matter what. 

- No steady graph of these emotions: She oscillates from cold, to concern, to shock , to warmth in random order so you have no clue how she has progressed

- No reflection on what the emotions mean: Kali Maa Mandir or the dream, there is no reflection of what she means. When she went to the kali maa mandir with Jalal, she had a whole voice talk on how she could not keep her promise. Now, she was silent- what was the anger and tears for? 

- There is no turmoil of emotions which happens when you show two emotions at the same time ... Like Jalal is both angry and hurt regarding Maham Anga ... But Jodha is scripted one emotion at a time in silos so you feel she keeps flip-flopping her emotions ... To be fair, Jalal's dialogues are much, much better! 

Phew ... I wanted to vent that out ... And I can do that only here.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-05, 14:34

Shyamala, Adi, Sandhya, Lashy, did you hear the news, as per new spoiler, Jodha will return to Agra, after Jalal forgives Shivani and will be happy to know, Jalal understands love.  Is she not the same woman, who told her father that Mughal sultanat ki Jodha Begum can never forgive her father for the shame caused?  And she will happily come back for that sister, who caused shame to her sasural, her devar was devastated.   Evil or Very Mad  Bang No No 

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-05, 14:55

aashyagh wrote:

My dear Ash,

Look at it like this.

Jodha ke devar ko khudh ki koyi ehmiyat nahin hai. He is not angry with Shivani and would be ready to officiate at her repeat marriage with Teakwood.

Jodha ke shauhar to khudh ki koyi ehmiyat nahin hai. He is by now so far gone that he is ready to fall at her feet if she will only condescend to return to him. The doubly hagiographic exchange between him and Salima says it all.

Jab is dhokhadari se jinko chhot pahunchi, un kirdaron ko hi khudh ki koyi ehmiyat nahin hai, to hum bechare darshak kya kar sakte hain?

Aur kaise  sirf Jodha Begum ko dosh de sakte hain?

I am both physically fagged out and mentally tired. I am not coming back here till the Shivani track is safely behind us. 

I would advise you, Mandy, Anne, Khushi and all the rest not to waste energy in complaining about this abysmal stuff, but to adopt Gandhiji's favourite rejuvenation tactic, a moun vrat. At least no writing here raving against the CVs,  against a supine, spineless Jalal and a self-righteous, and alternately blank and wooden Jodha. Plus the Hamida-Salima jugalbandi.

You will see how much good this resolution will do all of us.

Shyamala
Shyamala, Adi, Sandhya, Lashy, did you hear the news, as per new spoiler, Jodha will return to Agra, after Jalal forgives Shivani and will be happy to know, Jalal understands love.  Is she not the same woman, who told her father that Mughal sultanat ki Jodha Begum can never forgive her father for the shame caused?  And she will happily come back for that sister, who caused shame to her sasural, her devar was devastated.   Evil or Very Mad  Bang No No 

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-05, 15:12

sashashyam wrote:
aashyagh wrote:

My dear Ash,

Look at it like this.

Jodha ke devar ko khudh ki koyi ehmiyat nahin hai. He is not angry with Shivani and would be ready to officiate at her repeat marriage with Teakwood.

Jodha ke shauhar to khudh ki koyi ehmiyat nahin hai. He is by now so far gone that he is ready to fall at her feet if she will only condescend to return to him. The doubly hagiographic exchange between him and Salima says it all.

Jab is dhokhadari se jinko chhot pahunchi, un kirdaron ko hi khudh ki koyi ehmiyat nahin hai, to hum bechare darshak kya kar sakte hain?

I am both physically fagged out and mentally tired. I am not coming back here till the Shivani track is safely behind us. 

I would advise you, Mandy, Anne, Khushi and all the rest not to waste energy in complaining about this abysmal stuff, but to adopt Gandhiji's favourite rejuvenation tactic, a moun vrat. At least no writing here raving against the CVs,  against a supine, spineless Jalal and a self-righteous, and alternately blank and wooden Jodha. Plus the Hamida-Salima jugalbandi.

Shyamala

Shyamala, I think we should stop commenting about this track, but kaisa epic, kahan ka epic love story, we are talking about and people talk about feminism again here? With our thoughts, aurat hi aurat ki shatru hppy And what kind of logic, now Jalal will think 1000times to throw Jodha out, because, she is coming back for shivani's marriage, wow, I never thought, you need to behave like this in love hppy 

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-05, 15:15

I agree, my dear Ash. The fact is that I am sick of Jalal as much as of Jodha. They are both clumsy caricatures of what the real ones must have been like.Shyamalaaashyagh wrote:
sashashyam wrote:
aashyagh wrote:

My dear Ash,

Look at it like this.

Shyamala

Shyamala, I think we should stop commenting about this track, but kaisa epic, kahan ka epic love story, we are talking about and people talk about feminism again here?  With our thoughts, aurat hi aurat ki shatru hppy  And what kind of logic, now Jalal will think 1000times to throw Jodha out, because, she is coming back for shivani's marriage, wow, I never thought, you need to behave like this in love hppy 

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-05-05, 15:43

aashyagh wrote: Shyamala, Adi, Sandhya, Lashy, did you hear the news, as per new spoiler, Jodha will return to Agra, after Jalal forgives Shivani and will be happy to know, Jalal understands love.  Is she not the same woman, who told her father that Mughal sultanat ki Jodha Begum can never forgive her father for the shame caused?  And she will happily come back for that sister, who caused shame to her sasural, her devar was devastated.   Evil or Very Mad  Bang No No 

Ash, we are talking abt Jodha begum who has selective amnesia wen it comes to everyone except her husband Rolling Eyes  No 

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-05, 15:52

knumnum wrote:
aashyagh wrote: Shyamala, Adi, Sandhya, Lashy, did you hear the news, as per new spoiler, Jodha will return to Agra, after Jalal forgives Shivani and will be happy to know, Jalal understands love.  Is she not the same woman, who told her father that Mughal sultanat ki Jodha Begum can never forgive her father for the shame caused?  And she will happily come back for that sister, who caused shame to her sasural, her devar was devastated.   Evil or Very Mad  Bang No No 

Ash, we are talking abt Jodha begum who has selective amnesia wen it comes to everyone except her husband Rolling Eyes  No 

No, not amnesia, she is selfish.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by AJSharma79 on 2014-05-05, 18:04

aashyagh wrote:
knumnum wrote:

No, not amnesia, she is selfish.

My take on this.....

She told Jalal by the river side that she would have done jauhar if she was to have marry him while having another man in her heart. A Rajvanshi woman will never do that....i.e. marry one and think of another.

Hence, now that the intial shock of the eloping has completely DIED, and the wheels on her head have started to move, she would deduce that Shivani is indeed a true Rajvanshi. She rather elope and face the wrath of the entire clan, not to mention face death ,than marry another man while having blank face Teakwood in her heart. Her prem was never for HM anyway, she would logic.

Hence, she will ride magestically on the elephant, horse (everything else San described) and bestow upon all sinners and lovers her divine and ethereal presence, to restore Shivani to the proper place of the Amer princess and give Jalal the forgiveness he so yearns, like giving alms to the begger.

So we will hear three cheers from Righteous lady movements, while we shred our clothes and hair to tatters!! zipped

AJSharma79
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-05, 20:57

Shyamala, Anne, Sandhya, Ash, Lashy, if Jodha is to return becoz Jalal forgives Shivani - is that not equivalent to returning becoz she feels he has done her a favor - what does that make her then?????

In this entire process of showing self respect which has now become a case of Ego gone wrong, EK and her team have ended up doing gross injustice to Jodha.

I have always said that the Universe is a capricious lady and no one can get the better of her - EK wanted to show Akbar became Akbar due to Jodha - and ofcourse we have all those criers who brought religion into all this - and what we are seeing is a Jodha who is so ridden in Ego that she can make no impact on anyone even by force!!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-05, 21:58

adianasr wrote:Shyamala, Anne, Sandhya, Ash, Lashy, if Jodha is to return becoz Jalal forgives Shivani - is that not equivalent to returning becoz she feels he has done her a favor - what does that make her then?????

In this entire process of showing self respect which has now become a case of Ego gone wrong, EK and her team have ended up doing gross injustice to Jodha.

I have always said that the Universe is a capricious lady and no one can get the better of her - EK wanted to show Akbar became Akbar due to Jodha - and ofcourse we have all those criers who brought religion into all this - and what we are seeing is a Jodha who is so ridden in Ego that she can make no impact on anyone even by force!!!!!!
Come on Adi, Jodha had made impact on IF flat earth society.  Feminism zindabad hppy

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-05, 22:07

hppy  ROFL 

aashyagh wrote:
adianasr wrote:Shyamala, Anne, Sandhya, Ash, Lashy, if Jodha is to return becoz Jalal forgives Shivani - is that not equivalent to returning becoz she feels he has done her a favor - what does that make her then?????

Come on Adi, Jodha had made impact on IF flat earth society.  Feminism zindabad hppy

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by AJSharma79 on 2014-05-07, 08:26

Aunty.....

I am on moun vrat. As prescribed by you. very wise advise aunty.

I feel like hundreds of bugs are feasting on my brain when I watch the episode. Eughh.....so mad and digusted at the same time.

AJSharma79
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-07, 08:35

shyamala, i too am going to start working on your advice..maun vrat..i have no words to describe my frustration at this point!..cvz ne akbar ka faalooda bana ke rakh diya hai..grrr!!!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by AJSharma79 on 2014-05-07, 11:07

Aunty, do you think Akbar's spirit will come to haunt this jokers?

I sure hope it does.

And so too Jodha's. I don't think the real Jodha was like Ghajini or anniyan

AJSharma79
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-05-07, 17:32

Aunty, hope your health is good.

Any new post on these pathetic love-lectures of Jalal ?

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-05-07, 23:31

Jalal's love lectures!

And Jodha still stuck on uchithness and anuchithness!

*head bang.............face palm*.

Why is no one around at IF? AJ stagnant!

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-07, 23:44

Aunty, Hope you are better already.. Missing your posts and thoughts ..

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-08, 08:16

Shyamala must be thinking, there is nothing worth to post, Jodha is still stuck in her samman and her hurt, adding to it, she defends Shivani and Sujamal, with her blinking eyes and same expressions.  Jalal is giving lectures on mohabbat.  So, why to waste time on such episodes to make posts. hpee

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-05-08, 11:41

Really happy with todarmal's entry..Maham scene was also gud..jodha, no comments..khan baba ki amanat pehli bar shehensha se bina bulay milne aayi..atleast not jodha, salima is showing some improvement..time pass scene..

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-05-08, 21:28

hpee Loved today's episode so much..our jalal is back ....Jo is coming back..god knws what's d reason..If it becoz jalal abolished pilgrim tax den I have nothing to say more..I don't knw, i'm happy with jo's return or sad..i have mixed feelings..Happy becoz jalal wil b happy,and no rona dhona..sad becoz from tomarrow jalal wil b back to his romeo mode..full time Jodha begam ki peeche..don't knw when we r goin to get a power packed performance  hpee frm jallu in future..atleast if dey show 15 minutes politics and 15 minutes romance, den i'l b happy..

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-05-09, 09:11

Greeshma014 wrote:hpee Loved today's episode so much..our jalal is back ....Jo is coming back..god knws what's d reason..If it becoz jalal abolished pilgrim tax den I have nothing to say more..I don't knw, i'm happy with jo's return or sad..i have mixed feelings..Happy becoz jalal wil b happy,and no rona dhona..sad becoz from tomarrow jalal wil b back to his romeo mode..full time Jodha begam ki peeche..don't knw when we r goin to get a power packed performance  hpee frm jallu in future..atleast if dey show 15 minutes politics and 15 minutes romance, den i'l b happy..

Grees, the total eppy is only 22 mins long Bang  so how can they show 15 mins action and 15 mins romance Question 

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by smile.sara on 2014-05-09, 10:12

knumnum wrote:
Greeshma014 wrote:hpee Loved today's episode so much..our jalal is back ....Jo is coming back..god knws what's d reason..If it becoz jalal abolished pilgrim tax den I have nothing to say more..I don't knw, i'm happy with jo's return or sad..i have mixed feelings..Happy becoz jalal wil b happy,and no rona dhona..sad becoz from tomarrow jalal wil b back to his romeo mode..full time Jodha begam ki peeche..don't knw when we r goin to get a power packed performance  hpee frm jallu in future..atleast if dey show 15 minutes politics and 15 minutes romance, den i'l b happy..

Grees, the total eppy is only 22 mins long Bang  so how can they show 15 mins action and 15 mins romance Question 
greesh yaar ....khuda ko mano... 15 mints  affraid romance  Scared ..baap re.u know na in in JA romance means pakao bhashan Bang  of devi begum n puppy face shahnsha with aap Baja farmati hain jodha begum Sleep  ..

smile.sara

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-09, 10:26

sara kya baja pharmaati hain aap..lol..shukar hai khuda ka ke humain separation track dekhne ko mila..honestly i did not miss them in one frame!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-09, 10:29

shyamala my dear how are you? i am missing your posts and comments..please aaj to banta hai..would love to hear from you how you liked the epi..!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by smile.sara on 2014-05-09, 10:51

aunty  long hug ...are u not feeling well?? take care ..n pls some thing on this DEK epi hpee pls

smile.sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:12

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum