Latest topics

Is Jalal being Butchered in the name of Love ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Jalal being Butchered in the name of Love ?

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-07, 16:52

Hi Peepul's,

Just a uneasy question on my mind ..  In her ardour to show a Agmark Ekta Show, Is Ekta Butchering the character of Jalal by making him the apostle for love.. ? Jalal was a wise king, a far sighted visionary but he was no saint nor was he romantic neither did he pontificate on love every 10 mins ..By concentrating on just beaming the  romantic aspect , Is  Ekta doing injustice to Akbar ??

Your views/comments are welcomed... DO not be afraid to swim against the tide, I promise not to send my crocs at you if our opinions differ.... just be free and frank n honest.. hpee

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Jalal being Butchered in the name of Love ?

Post by neha on 2014-05-07, 17:30

Absolutely this is butchering Tants ! You know why I sulk so much ? I've a huge respect for this man Akbar The Great and this degradation of his character makes me sad, he was never a die-hard romantic like his son and now watching him running after his begum and forgiving every tom dick and harry because they are in love irks me. No matter how much we try to separate this show from history but how can one forget that they are using the historical legends as their characters!. I did not like his decision of forgiving them because they were in love. Come on, this is 16th century show and I'm not going to buy this crap that any parent or any King would have forgiven them who brought shame to the family. Shivani planned everything and then came to Agra ! does that make her innocent ? No ! and comparing her with HB and Hakim was utter nonsense. What if tomorrow Sharifuddin says that he loved Jodha even before her marriage to Jalal and that's why he made that portrait of her ? Will Jalal tolerate this too because Sharifuddin did not commit a crime by keeping her painting because he is in love! Just like this does not make any sense, similarly Jalal's decision and his lauding their disgraceful action in DEK does not make sense. Real Akbar had no time to pontify his love every 10 mins, and even if he had time, he was a born royal with little caring for such type of non-sense. I pray this show shuts down soon so that I stop sulking and being disappointed seeing this butchering  Twisted Evil

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2014-05-07, 18:14

Yes the character of Jalal is being butchered in the name of love... Yday was totally not logic for Jalal to forgive shivani n terjawab just because they are in love n did nothing wrong. That was 16 th century not 21 st century... Yday even they butchered DEK by showing a king who preach abt love , what the.... I opined that a show does not need to show a character like Jalal to be deeply in love chasing after his begum n thinking abt her all the time. Love can also be shown in diff way. I mean jalal being the person he use to be in earlier stage... Now they have turned Jalal into Romeo .... It's a sad affair

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-05-07, 18:28

IN THE NAME OF LOVE…

What is love?
I see love as the greatest gift a man can receive in his soul from his maker not just some romantic feelings that is associated with sex, kissing, caressing an opposite partner per sa.

To be called an advocate or associated with love is a honour irrespective of any man’s status or achievement in life.

Let’s see what the good book (Bible) says about LOVE.

1 Corinthians 13:1-10

Though I speak with the tongues of men (languages) and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;  does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues (languages) they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.  For we know in part and we prophesy (or speak) in part. But when that which is perfect has come (LOVE) then that which is in part (or imperfect) will be done away.

With the above quote in mind I would say that the CV team or Ekta Kapoor and us viewers were not present in that generation to have known exactly what happened but would like to emphasized that only a man who had a different meaning of what love is can give so much to humanity and leave such a legacy which is admired by all to date.

However I am not excusing the illogical setting sometimes the CV team show us trying to communicate these issues that happened in time past or create their own happens  to us viewers but no man is perfect anyways nor can play God for long.

Last edited by Nanayaa623 on 2014-05-07, 18:42; edited 1 time in total

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-05-07, 18:29

YES in caps!!!!  Bang  

This show is no more than a typical love story set up in medieval age.....it does not have any flavour whatsoever of Jalal/Akbar the Great!!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-07, 18:48

res

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-05-07, 21:00

Dear Sathya..

Timely topic 

Yesterday I was reading book on medieval history and mughals 

Read about Akbar the great too and  LOL thinking about our Jalal though I love him a lot 

If the original Akbar had 1% traits if this Jalal he would have filled Hindustan with taj mahals and would have been killed by enemies at a tender age itself 

Yes original was totally different and I guess had no time to be a romantic and I feel whenever got time spent that on understanding various religious thats it 

But if we would be shown such an Akbar we will get bored and we need a romantic Akbar 

But in that too this one is extreme I would say ..preserve some qualities of original CVS and agree with opinions of all others ..I just can't stand that tear stricken akkkku ambe ma ki kasam

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-07, 21:41

Tants, I'm gonna sound a complete odd-man-out voice here, it seems.

I guess it depends a lot on what were one's expectations. If one was to expect a real historical saga, then yes, a BIG disappointment. If one were expecting a love story IN the historical setting, then no.

To be fair, Ekta had said she is concentrating more on the romantic track. And not so much on the history. The brownie point for her is she is staying as close as possible (or as she can    ) to history.

Frankly, it bugs me sometimes when I see the way Jalal's or for that matter even Jodha's character butchering. But then shouldn't we expect that when we are watching a daily soap? So I tell myself. 

But the serial is names "Jodha-Akbar" and NOT "Akbar-The great". Hence the serial is bound to center around their story (fictional or not). Just tell me, if Jalal wasn't shown mooning over Jodha, would it have been romantic at all? I agree, he takes a bit farther to most of our liking, but come on yaar.. chalata hai..

Jodha Bai's character is more butchered than Jalal's. She is NOT AT ALL behaving like the one falling / fallen in love. Neither is shown to show any reason or logic. Jalal to fir bhi kabhi kabhi hi devdas banta hai. Jodha to har waqt chudail shehjaadi bani rehti hai..  hpee

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchu on 2014-05-07, 21:48

u guys know what...........i just really hope they finish this serial aftr sr or maximum salim's birth...bcoz.......it's focus is now one & only MUGHAL VERSION OF MAJNU-LAILA......... Bang  Bang  Bang

Sanchu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 18:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum