Latest topics

8th May - Because he is not a people-pleaser, he is a leader!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8th May - Because he is not a people-pleaser, he is a leader!

Post by lashy on 2014-05-08, 20:54

BAZAAR
This was a lovely change of scenery if nothing else and one that served much purpose for Jalal, TM and Atgah! What I liked more was that they had to watch the ongoings without letting their royal 'airs' get in the way! Be it at the grocers or with the soldier. It is very difficult to sit back and not let who you are known - watch something wrong happening without revealing your authority! Yet, that is what Akbar had to do then, and Jalal does here now...

Thankfully, the second foul-mouthed grocer let on more than he should have and the scene with the soldier was telling enough for the Emperor to spur himself into action.

JODHA'S HOJRA
The scene in Jodha's hojra was more poignant than any scene of longing I've seen in Jodha Akbar till date.

'In your absence I've learnt the art of talking to your portrait' he said, holding back his tears!
What a beautiful moment that was - Jalal's earnest expressions combined with the situation and that soulful music in the background. Words weren't needed to express what he felt in her absence!
The CVs have done another justice to the scene here - Jodha's hojra that always used to be a brilliant sunny yellow is now a dismally drab blue in her absence. How apt! 

I also loved what followed - another beautifully juxtaposed recollection - Jodha's pocket money trunk that reminded him of the right decision to take with regards to the 'Teerthkar'
Contrary to what many feel, I do not think that Jodha is getting credit for the changes he is making (at least not from anyone - bar Jalal and maybe HB) 
It was a gesture of hers that he chose to delve upon and that set him on the right path. 
There might be ten clues in front of you, but unless the investigator is sharp enough he/she cannot piece the pieces together and that is what is happening with Jalal. Todarmal, Atgah and Jodha are three people in his life leaving behind these clues in the form of gestures/actions/words and Jalal is the man in action - making it all happen!

DEK - The lawyer Jalal - 
This scene felt like one from a 16th century thrilling law and order serial! (Damn that Jodha didn't see this side of her Shehenshah!)

Before I start, beautiful contrast on Jalal's face from the previous emotional night - the stern look and return of 'Tejas' on the Emperor's face, as he took the soldier to task was so striking! 

At first, I thought Jalal's anger in the DEK was again something to do with Jodha, but I was glad that was not the case! His one line explained it all

'An emperor is a father to his subjects and when one of those children confesses that he would rather commit suicide than continue living a life like this do you have any idea the pain it causes the father/protector?'
Only a just man can be so driven on hearing words like this! Jalal is not a people-pleaser, Jalal is a leader! 
He hates corruption and deceit - that is the one reason he's moving away from someone he's known forever (Ruqaiyya) that is the one reason he grew so incensed at DEK today! 

What a lawyer he was (handsome, yes I had to slip this word in - and that damn, that pearl swaying at the top of his turban is just too distracting!) and with such biting straightforward matter-of-fact answers!
My only hope is that this streak continues. That this corrective phase of his is not a temporary one - that we get at least two of five episodes politically-based ones!

His policies 
The moment of the'Tirthkar' announcement was one of true celebration - such a significant moment it was - I wish it'd lasted longer.

'Just because something has been happening for eons doesn't mean it's right' What beautiful lines!

I am glad that Atgah Khan - though a good soul - didn't blindly follow his king's advice and did put his reservations about abolishing the taxes in force. (Its these smaller touches of realism that's making the episodes very enjoyable again.)

There were so many lines Jalal spoke today - be it about rain being for one and all or be it about his services being loyally carried out by both Hindus and Muslims - I cannot recall all of it, but it did make for very thrilling screenplay! 

'A Shehenshah's court runs successfully only when it is filled with talented and devoted people, not on the basis of religion!' was one of my favourites!

PRECAP 
Again will wait to comment - but, I'm in dreamland! 

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th May - Because he is not a people-pleaser, he is a leader!

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-08, 21:03

lashy wrote:BAZAAR
This was a lovely change of scenery if nothing else and one that served much purpose for Jalal, TM and Atgah! What I liked more was that they had to watch the ongoings without letting their royal 'airs' get in the way! Be it at the grocers or with the soldier. It is very difficult to sit back and not let who you are known - watch something wrong happening without revealing your authority! Yet, that is what Akbar had to do then, and Jalal does here now...
Lash, Jalal is pro at remaining in the BG to observe things. Remember that Subhedar on Ajmer Shariff trip. He even let that subhedaar arrest him and was ready for getting thrashed.

Thankfully, the second foul-mouthed grocer let on more than he should have and the scene with the soldier was telling enough for the Emperor to spur himself into action.

JODHA'S HOJRA
The scene in Jodha's hojra was more poignant than any scene of longing I've seen in Jodha Akbar till date.

'In your absence I've learnt the art of talking to your portrait' he said, holding back his tears!
It was really cute; sad but cute. And what I love is that Jodha's Hojra is becoming his retreat now. He is troubled, he comes there. He's happy he comes there.
What a beautiful moment that was - Jalal's earnest expressions combined with the situation and that soulful music in the background. Words weren't needed to express what he felt in her absence!
The CVs have done another justice to the scene here - Jodha's hojra that always used to be a brilliant sunny yellow is now a dismally drab blue. How apt! 

I also loved what followed - another beautifully juxtaposed recollection - Jodha's pocket money trunk that reminded him of the right decision to take with regards to the 'Teerthkar'
Contrary to what many feel, I do not think that Jodha is getting credit for the changes he is making (at least not from anyone - bar Jalal and maybe HB)
I agreeeee.. Read my post dear. I feel the same..

It was a gesture of hers that he chose to delve upon and that set him on the right path. 
There might be ten clues in front of you, but unless the investigator is sharp enough he/she cannot piece the pieces together and that is what is happening with Jalal. Todarmal, Atgah and Jodha are three people in his life leaving behind these clues in the form of gestures/actions/words and Jalal is the man in action - making it all happen!

DEK - The lawyer Jalal - 
This scene felt like one from a 16th century thrilling law and order serial! (Damn that Jodha didn't see this side of her Shehenshah!)
I did... I did.. I did..  bounce  I saw the whole scene.  Wink

Before I start, beautiful contrast on Jalal's face from the previous emotional night - the stern look and return of 'Tejas' on the Emperor's face, as he took the soldier to task was so striking! 

At first, I thought Jalal's anger in the DEK was again something to do with Jodha, but I was glad that was not the case! His one line explained it all

'An emperor is a father to his subjects and when one of those children confesses that he would rather commit suicide than continue living a life like this do you have any idea the pain it causes the father/protector?'
Only a just man can be so driven on hearing words like this! Jalal is not a people-pleaser, Jalal is a leader! 
He hates corruption and deceit - that is the one reason he's moving away from someone he's known forever (Ruqaiyya) that is the one reason he grew so incensed at DEK today! 
I gave him a standing ovation here. My family was staring at me here.

What a lawyer he was (handsome, yes I had to slip this word in - and that damn, that pearl swaying at the top of his turban is just too distracting!) and with such biting straightforward matter-of-fact answers!
My only hope is that this streak continues. That this corrective phase of his is not a temporary one - that we get at least two of five episodes politically-based ones!

His policies 
The moment of the'Tirthkar' announcement was one of true celebration - such a significant moment it was - I wish it'd lasted longer.

'Just because something has been happening for eons doesn't mean it's right' What beautiful lines!

I am glad that Atgah Khan - though a good soul - didn't blindly follow his king's advice and did put his reservations about abolishing the taxes in force. (Its these smaller touches of realism that's making the episodes very enjoyable again.)

There were so many lines Jalal spoke today - be it about rain being for one and all or be it about his services being loyally carried out by both Hindus and Muslims - I cannot recall all of it, but it did make for very thrilling screenplay! 

'A Shehenshah's court runs successfully only when it is filled with talented and devoted people, not on the basis of religion!' was one of my favourites!

Precap - Again will wait to comment - but, I'm in dreamland! 

Aren't we all??

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-08, 21:17

Sam_0506 wrote:
lashy wrote:BAZAAR

Lash, Jalal is pro at remaining in the BG to observe things. Remember that Subhedar on Ajmer Shariff trip. He even let that subhedaar arrest him and was ready for getting thrashed.
Yes yes I know....Akbar was popular for doing that..if I read right, there was nearly a three year period in his life he did a lot of dressing up and strolling around as a commoner I heard 

JODHA'S HOJRA

It was really cute; sad but cute. And what I love is that Jodha's Hojra is becoming his retreat now. He is troubled, he comes there. He's happy he comes there.
True... aww that sweetheart needs love *sob sob wipes a few tears*

I agreeeee.. Read my post dear. I feel the same..
I knowww hpee 

DEK - The lawyer Jalal - 

I did... I did.. I did..  bounce  I saw the whole scene.  Wink
Looool you jumping bean! 

Jalal is not a people-pleaser, Jalal is a leader! 

I gave him a standing ovation here. My family was staring at me here.
Awwwww  long hug 

Precap - Again will wait to comment - but, I'm in dreamland! 

Aren't we all??
Yes! 

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-08, 21:23

beautifully written lash long hug
agree on all your points... i have nothing to add...
i believe cv's have given us JA lovers enough to dance a crazed jig of celebration...
god knows i am...
jiggs doin the jig... oh yeah !!
fabulpus episode and a fabulous review to go along with a delicious dinner... i asked this yesterday and i'll ask it again... what more do i want....?? :D

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-08, 21:24

Jiggy wrote:beautifully written lash  long hug
i believe cv's have given us JA lovers enough to dance a crazed jig of celebration...
god knows i am...
fabulpus episode and a fabulous review to go along with a delicious dinner... i asked this yesterday and i'll ask it again... what more do i want....?? :D
Shirtless Jalal and maybe a little lighter-clothed Jodha  ROFL

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-08, 21:38

@lash
shirtless, lash ? again ?
one track mind much ? hppy
don't worry... most of us think the same...
and jo's dupatta are getting transparent-er by the day...
let her come to agra... 50% chance jalal's gonna pick her up, lug her to her... no... THEIR hojra and sew the curtains shut... (damn mughals... amer se kuchh seekho...get some doors installed) with a huge "salim in progress... TAKHLIYA your asses outta here" sign
ROFL ROFL

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by harrybird on 2014-05-08, 21:46

Hey Lashy,

Beautiful Episode & Brilliant Take!
 Thumbsup 

I loved it when he said, 'In your absence I've learnt the art of talking to your portrait'

Jalal holding jodha's ear ring...looked beautiful!  He is totally obssessed with it !   (me too....with RT's hand)

Jalal in Disguise...Wonderful!
Jalal in Fb....Welcome!
Jalal in DEK....Wow! 
Jalal in Precap....Waiting! 

Harry

PS:What can I say about that Beauty mark - I think Hamida Banu has drishti sutthified our Jalal to wade off all the evil eyes! 
ROFL 

harrybird
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by harrybird on 2014-05-08, 21:58

lashy wrote:
Jiggy wrote:beautifully written lash  long hug
god knows i am...
Shirtless Jalal and maybe a little lighter-clothed Jodha  ROFL

I concur!  long hug 

Harry
PS: Jalal-Jodha Hamam scene too!
 hppy

harrybird
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-08, 22:07

Drishti suthified? You a tamil too Anjali  Shocked 
Yes brilliant episode btw!

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-08, 22:09

Jiggy wrote:@lash
let her come to agra... 50% chance jalal's gonna pick her up, lug her to her... no... THEIR hojra and sew the curtains shut... (damn mughals... amer se kuchh seekho...get some doors installed) with a huge "salim in progress... TAKHLIYA your asses outta here" sign
ROFL  ROFL
I just want her to lose her dupatta somewhere and his jama to be stolen by someone.. bass don't ask me how that happens... that's for the CVs to decide
 ROFL

Last edited by lashy on 2014-05-08, 22:29; edited 1 time in total

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by harrybird on 2014-05-08, 22:18

lashy wrote:Drishti suthified? You a tamil too Anjali  Shocked 
Yes brilliant episode btw!

Honey,

I am a typical Chennai girl. currently working in Singapore!

By the way, are you a Tamilian?

harrybird
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by ana28 on 2014-05-08, 22:19

thnks lashy for this beautiful review
waiting egarly for tomm

ana28
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-05-08, 22:27

Jiggy wrote:@lash
ROFL  ROFL
 ROFL  ROFL  ROFL

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-05-08, 22:29

Hi Lasy, lovely lovely.
 party4  party4  party4

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-08, 22:29

Thanks ana and nanayaa  long hug

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-08, 23:02

Oh boy!!!! I missed this here again Shocked 

Waise aaj Jodha Ranisa ne aisa electric shock de diya ki abhi bhi asar nahin gaya!!!! Shocked 

What do I say of the epi today all!!!! - Let me first quote / reword the song from 'Love Story' for TE -  long hug 

Where do I begin,
To tell the story of how great a man can be
The story that is older than the sea,
The simple truth about the man he chose to be

What do we say about Jalaluddin Muhammad Akbar - a man who had the vision to understand what an undivided nation state can achieve when moving towards a common goal - and a man who had the understanding that for an undivided nation state, all barriers and walls have to be broken!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-08, 23:36

Yayyy adi... welcome 
yes I liked your post there too.. in Divi's thread  long hug

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-08, 23:39

Waise lashy, I think the CVs have been trawling over IF and maybe even here - warna Jodha aur Bhool??? Yeh dono shabd jaise ek mayaan mei do talwaar!!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-08, 23:41

adianasr wrote:Waise lashy, I think the CVs have been trawling over IF and maybe even here - warna Jodha aur Bhool??? Yeh dono shabd jaise ek mayaan mei do talwaar!!!!!!
I know... the way she was going on... I thought she'd say something like 'Shehenshah ne apne bhool ke liye praayaschith kar liyaa' or something

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-05-08, 23:50

lashy wrote:Thanks ana and nanayaa  long hug
You welcome. peace

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ana28 on 2014-05-09, 01:10

thnks lashy for this beautiful review
waiting egarly for tomm

ana28
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-09, 16:27

lashy, what an episode and how beautifully you wrote!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-09, 17:44

Thanks mandy  long hug

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-05-09, 18:04

What a beautiful post Shraddha and a big HUG for the wonderful title....

Loved each line..... long hug  Thumbsup

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:46

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum