Latest topics

Review of Sanam trapped in Aahil's bedroom scene - Qubool Hai 5.8.14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Review of Sanam trapped in Aahil's bedroom scene - Qubool Hai 5.8.14

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-05-09, 06:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am thoroughly enjoying the reboot of Qubool Hai. The precap yesterday kept online viewers abuzz with speculations of how the bedroom scene would come about. We got the answers today but it left us with a mixed feeling.  Sanam is treated like a housemaid in Ibrahim household. She is a non entity, serving at everyone's beck and call. She waits for The Lord of house's last call at night when she is supposed to deliver a bucket of ice at Aahil's room. This job is designated to Latif but he plays truant whenever he gets a chance. So the job befalls Sanam.

She takes the ice bucket, places it on the side table and proceeds to leave when the remote controlled door closes on her. Aahil is in an amorous mood , also he is somewhat drunk. He believes she must be his girlfriend de jour. In Aahil's defense ..he usually cannot remember the girlfriends' names and they probably sneak in and out of house in the still of the night quiet often.

He corners Sanam in the dark room and proceeds to undress her ( yes, taking the dupatta off and untying Doree cannot possibly denote anything else). He is experienced and quite efficient in his operation... Junoon ishq ka plays in the background.... The mood is passionate and heady... Unfortunately the excitement lasts only 3 seconds ... The camera pans on Sanam's face and lo behold , she is in tears! We hold our breath while the mood careens from giddy giggles to despair in a second. What could Sanam possibly do to protect herself from the vicious hyena that she assumes Aahil to be.

How does a girl protect herself in situations like these? She is after all  a mere house help, he is the master, he has been ruthless before ...burning her Dhaba down because she had slapped him. The punishment hardly fit the crime at that time. Now she is trapped in his own room, I half expected her to slap him.... But what would his reaction be? Will he assume the merciless arsonist avatar or will he be in his Justice League mood ( the one that saves asthmatic sister, provides food and shelter to parasitic relatives, showers brotherly love on Rehaan, never forgets to talk to his mom at 4 PM sharp and on and on...) . Thank god we didn't have to wait long, Rehaan called Aahil about a video conference call and the tense milieu was dissolved.

This was a scene that could've gone either way ... Completely lacking in finesse to somber & poignant... And somehow CVs managed to strike the balance... Sanam's soliloquy after she escapes from the room helps us wipe our feeling of uneasiness. She is certain that Aahil is a monster. She has no understanding of consensual se* out of matrimony that is prevalent in modern society and especially in the higher echelons. On the other hand Aahil is used to one night stands and juggling girlfriends, so we cannot think of him as a monster by that standard. Very nicely executed scenes and beautifully acted ... especially by Surbhi Jyoti who has matured into a Top class actor. I hope QH can continue to be as balanced as today ... Because daily soap PH have a hard time holding on to their standard of excellence for more than 6 months.... Keeping my fingers crossed!

Written for DHWANIFORUM only!

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Sanam trapped in Aahil's bedroom scene - Qubool Hai 5.8.14

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-09, 12:58

2 people with extreme views come together and combust ..M waiting for that combustion..

Plus what will be tanveer's reaction when she sees the ghost from the past in Sanam ?

Sabi..Gul Has opened  multiple threads, lets hope she knots them this time around without tangling it.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2014-05-09, 15:13

yay...finally i caught on the junoon song...i like it better than mitwa.... party4 

Thanks for the lovely review Sabi..... Kiss 

I liked the dori kheeching scene....both were nice......

and precap was a blast from the past(one of Ekta's show, my fav HC's Kis Desh mein hai mera dil)....

looking fwd to how Gul handles it :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-05-09, 16:53

pollyanna wrote:yay...finally i caught on the junoon song...i like it better than mitwa.... party4 

Thanks for the lovely review Sabi..... Kiss 

I liked the dori kheeching scene....both were nice......

and precap was a blast from the past(one of Ekta's show, my fav HC's Kis Desh mein hai mera dil)....

looking fwd to how Gul handles it :)
The tune is nicer than mitwa, I agree pallo... Sufi tunes ... My fav.
I haven't seen the other show u mentioned.... There is Always a lot of rehash in serials but Gul does lend a special touch to them. 
Me waiting too... After that nice precap...
Thanks for reading... Much appreciated.  long hug 

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-05-09, 17:48

Tanthya wrote:2 people with extreme views come together and combust ..M waiting for that combustion..

Plus what will be tanveer's reaction when she sees the ghost from the past in Sanam ?

Sabi..Gul Has opened  multiple threads, lets hope she knots them this time around without tangling it.

Yes, they are polar opposite ... But unlike PHs previous serials...The female protagonist is not the bubbly chirpy kind ... They both harbor pent up aggression... Carrying dark baggages... There combustion will be worth the watch...

Tanveer ... I wish she wasn't back... Tannu means unbridled violence ... And I don't have the stomach for it anymore... Had enough of it in season 1.

Gul, defo will tangle it... But I'm gonna enjoy the ride while it's good... Right now, it's good.

Thanks for reading...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shegarf71 on 2014-05-10, 01:30

Rehaan rehaan rehaan...uff...aahil...kya kya boloon an? Evil or Very Mad and sanam should've scratched his eyes out...he was drunk he wouldn't know who did it  hppy 

Shegarf71

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-05-10, 10:51

Sabiiii.... Look the way you have written
long hug you are pulling me back to this show..,

So., Aahil is a bad boy .. Hai na.. Twisted Evil how is the show post leap yaar ??

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-05-11, 07:09

Shegarf71 wrote:Rehaan rehaan rehaan...uff...aahil...kya kya boloon an? Evil or Very Mad and sanam should've scratched his eyes out...he was drunk he wouldn't know who did it  hppy 
That's a good point... He would not know... He cannot remember his girlfriend's names...  hppy  Clap

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sharmibalan on 2014-05-11, 12:39

Sabi....thanks for the review....I am already roped in......its good so far....lets see how it branches out...:)

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by perfumeheaven on 2014-05-11, 14:25

Great Summary Sabi, I had a chance to watch the entire week reruns,yesterday. I am trying to catch up. Great plots though...

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-05-11, 22:13

candy wrote:Sabiiii.... Look the way you have written
:*ohg*:you are pulling me back to this show..,

So., Aahil is a bad boy .. Hai na.. :twisted:how is the show post leap yaar ??

It's going great candy ( post leap, a completely different show) ... I'm totally hooked!  Clap

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-05-11, 22:15

perfumeheaven wrote:Great Summary Sabi, I had a chance to watch the entire week reruns,yesterday. I am trying to catch up. Great plots though...
Zai, Sanam is different from Zoya and yet carries the same spirit... So glad we can watch another show together ... ( oh wait, we were watching QH together  hppy ) but it feels like a different  show.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-05-11, 22:16

sharmibalan wrote:Sabi....thanks for the review....I am already roped in......its good so far....lets see how it branches out...:)
Yay! Sharmi .... More the merrier!  It will be fun to watch and share with you...
Thanks  long hug

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-05-12, 03:41

uff sabi wat r u trying to do? this makes me want to0tune into the show again...sounds like a good scene, so he didn't do it on purpose he didn't know who is was and assumed it was a girlfriend...two people who appear two combustible elements when mixed go boom...going by the previous shows by this PH this is the honeymoon period for the show and this type of relationship is something they can showcase well...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-05-12, 21:06

sarra0 wrote:uff sabi wat r u trying to do? this makes me want to0tune into the show again...sounds like a good scene, so he didn't do it on purpose he didn't know who is was and assumed it was a girlfriend...two people who appear two combustible elements when mixed go boom...going by the previous shows by this PH this is the honeymoon period for the show and this type of relationship is something they can showcase well...

Sarra. How I wish you could watch with me... This is going well... This PH has mastered in love hate what not ... They just haven't figured out what do to after the love confession...I'm enjoying the ride while it stays fun...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:14

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum