Latest topics

Teerthkar vanishes Jodha emerges!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Teerthkar vanishes Jodha emerges!

Post by lashy on 2014-05-09, 22:03

Royal royal royal - I loved the march of soldiers as they went about carrying the 'Tax abolishment' messages to the villages. I loved the announcements that were made in every village and the reaction of the villagers. I was under the impression that yesterday, the episode could have highlighted the issue more since it was one of Akbar's most unique achievements. However, the fact that the after-effects of the new law spewed into today's episode depicted the issue in better scope!

MP
For some reason, I liked Maharana Pratap's scene - true, they haven't been picturizing him as much of a warrior and even his age-range etc is all wrong - but then, this story is of Jodha Akbar and we get to hear about his parallel views - so, I guess I'm not too bothered!

JALAL
While I was disheartened to see Jalal's sad avtaar again - there was a line of his that really touched me!
'You might not recall your memories with me, but at least when you hear of this news you will, if only for a second - remember my name' Splendid!

When his mother walked in, notice how Jalal swiftly reverted from gloomy lover to humble little son!
His words to Ammijaan when he confessed about the brewing ill-will amongst some Mughals in court 'I know I cannot make everyone happy' only highlighted what I'd said about Akbar yesterday - he was not meant to be a people-pleaser - he was meant to be a leader!

As far as the MA-Jalal equation goes, it's beyond a point of no return now - from BOTH ends!

JODHA
I liked how the men gave the Queen back her donation money once they learnt of the tax-abolishment!
'Everyone's happy with the Shehenshah except his Begum' I laughed when Shehnaaz said this line

JODHA'S DECISION
I don't know...I mean, I think whether a Jodha fan, a Jalal fan or an Akdha fan - all wanted Jodha to return to Agra only because she was madly in love with Shehenshah - when she'd realized she couldn't stay away from him. However, the manner in which the CVs have portrayed the Jalal-Jodha equation now still appears unbalanced to me. The manner in which Jodha recalled the flashbacks and her words about 'He's changing...' it felt like as though she stayed away from an erring husband and decided to go back once he mended his ways!
He was always a benevolent and broadminded king - he never differentiated between Hindus and Mughals and this is something Jodha always knew. The only problem was in the husband-wife equation. So THAT should have been the driving force! THAT should have been what they concentrated on! Apart from a tel-maalish/Badal-Kajri episode, Jodha never recollected anything positive about him! While he has been recalling so many positive things about her. He is missing her as his wife - as his lover - he is visiting her hojra and talking to her painting - thinking of her every spare minute (and out of love, not for her advices or counsels or her righteousness)
The sudden realization on her part after the 'tirthkar' news felt like injustice to an 'Epic love story'. It seemed to me like she agreed to go back only because her faith in his justice was resurrected...there was no gradual build-up to her feelings. I am very disappointed with the CVs for this. The 'Becoming diwani and pagal' in his absence Jodha is a thing of my dreams, I guess! I would have been very happy for her to hide all this from others, but in the hidden seclusion of her room to think/reminisce/talk/fight/miss/weep about her love! We saw nothing like that! 

My question, if he hadn't pardoned Shivani or abolished the tax, she wouldn't have come back - at least, not for now right? Then, she should wait till she realizes love. If not; Jalal the lover and Jodha the beloved it will always be! 

Precap - 
Jalal is so going to miss his teddy bear hugs when Atgah's gone!

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Teerthkar vanishes Jodha emerges!

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-09, 22:14

good post lash
liked your points on MP and praja's reaction
sorry if i sound rude, but i never liked and agreed with this analogy of jalal being the lover and jo the beloved
i've always felt that jo and jalal being two different people, have different ways of showing their love
but it doesn't make one's love less than the other
in fact, it feels wrong to me to measure one's love with another, cos for me love cannot be measured like his is 200 ml while hers is only a 100
typin frm phone will write more later

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-09, 23:13

Will Come back ....

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-09, 23:37

Lashy, you still have hopes that Jodha will be a lover?  Never, I always said that, she loves him for what he is for her and not for what he is.  Her love is not unconditional.  She didn't love the man he married, she loves the change in him, which is visible now ( but always there).  Mainavati said, Jodha had softened towards Jalal after hearing that Jalal forgave her, was that needed for her to melt?  She will be happy with him, if he keeps her Ameris and Rajvanshi's happy.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-09, 23:38

Happy to see our Jalal all smiles.   Embarassed

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-05-09, 23:45

I feel Paridhi and the CVs should share the blame for the current fiasco in Jodha's track

In the whole of the separation track, Jodha never seemed like a Virahotkhandita nayika - an angry nayika in viraha........in literature this kind of state is described most often- notably in Jayadeva's Ashtapadi's........it is such a complex state .....one of conflict where the heroine is angry with her lover but pines for him as she loves him a lot dragging herself into a whirl of anguish 

None of the scenes presented in the past few weeks ever conveyed the fact that Jodha is missing Jalal or that she also pines for his love though she is angry with him......such a let down

On the contrary Jalal had some very good scenes ......and RT acted them out brilliantly......I did'nt mind him longing for Jodha.......coz it is rarely shown that a man craves for his beloved so ardently......it was not convention so a welcome change...

Having said that, Lashy, I loved your write up....I think your analysis of Jodha's decision was bang on. 

I watch Jodha Akbar coz I luv the chemistry that Paridhi and Rajat bring on screen.......The script sometimes lets them down badly.

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-05-10, 00:36

awsum analysis shradda. but as u had said before jalal is the most selfless when it comes to jodha & jodha is the most selfish when it comes to jalal. we can see it in this way tht jalal is the most perfect person from jodha's point of view so maybe she is too critical whereas jalal has the ability to ignore her negatives & can see her positives only.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-05-10, 05:21

Lashy, I like your take on the episode.

I want to believe that you watched the episodes of JA from the beginning up to date and have never missed an episode right.

Well, I have not, so to me JA is not only about Jalal but both Jalal and Jodha started a journey together. One was fascinated and unconsciously fell for the other, one also unconsciously saw her destiny in a different direction however it was not what she had expected. Over time both moved towards one destiny willingly or unwillingly, destiny shaped their path and made it one path through this journey they both went through different kinds of trails and learned from their mistakes. Jalal's transformation through this journey defer from Jodha's transformation in this journey.

More so in the journey of love Jalal was the first to fall in love with Jodha and he set his heart to win her love.

It is this love of Jalal that he kept showing to Jodha through diverse ways is what changed the heart of Jodha and made her fall in love with him unwillingly.

This latest action of Jalal though was for the people (Hindus)as a King (a group his wifewhom he loves identify with) the indirect motive of it as a husband was this 'You might not recall your memories with me, but at least when you hear of this news you will, if only for a second - remember my name'  as you quoted.

Jalal knows what softens Jodha's heart and he was determine to win her heart  .  From the flash back he must know what this would mean to her. He spoke to Jodha's heart in the language Jodha would understand. The first day she took him out in a common man clothing he knew the effect it had on her afterwards.

Jodha returning is not because Jalal as given up the tax on religion nor forgiving her sister, but rather she is going because now she knows that she loves him and she is confident that he took this decisions from his heart and this pleased her in the heart.

Now lets come to the CV's. I would say they wrote the story line the way they want it we as viewers may have different opinion as to the way things should be done and portray but whatever we say they would still show what they have prepared to show and how the characters be seen at a point.
So lets wait and see the end of their work but that does not stop us from speaking our minds.

Jalal being the lover and Jodha being the beloved quote my dear Lasy doesn't hold as they both are still on the journey of love. A husband should always love his wife and this love he showers would be reciprocate by the wife.  Jalal is shown doing his part now lets see how the CV's would make Jodha show hers when she gets back to Agra and the so called
EPIC LOVE shown as promised.

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-10, 09:10

The problem Nanayaa is that she loves him but she is not 'in love' with him - not yet - while he loves her and he is 'in love' with her - and when one is 'in love' one does not look for reasons to love - one just love.

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-05-10, 09:18

"Action speaks louder than words"...this quote defines Jodha's POV for Jalal completely, I think.

It was Jalal's ACTION of looting Kaali Maa temple, disrespecting Moti...though done by his soldiers, but responsibility is Jalal's as a leader....then jail break and massacre of Aamer soldiers and beheading of her fiance Suryabhaan...all these actions of Jalal intensified the "ghrina" of Jodha for him.

The her first trip to Ajmer Sahrif with Jalal she saw him as god-fearing and during that devotional Sufi dance she saw a completely new divine, devoted side of her husband...Sukanya's marriage, she took it with a pinch of salt...Bowing down his head in front of Maa Kaali (A Grand, Magnificent gesture), giving away of Navalgarh fort (hope name is right :p), helping her in religion conversion issue, Touch me not issue :p ...in all these actions of Jalal's, the ice had begun to melt away....finally FP track and Tasneem issue...Jalal reached his Jodha's heart...and that was when, she'd declared to him that she no more hates him, rather there is mutual TRUST between them...first step for her towards him...trust automatically transforms to RESPECT...and finally Benazir track opened the doors for LOVE in Jodha's HEART.

Then again this outburst of Jalal for mistrusting her caused a mental and heart block for Jodha...which, no amount of asking for forgiveness from Jalal reached her frozen, stubborn heart. Bang 
But our Jalal is adamant as well...he knew that he would have to defrost Jodha's heart, also he knows that it will only be when he becomes, that is already there in him, a great Shehanshaah....disperses his imperial duties well...do his deeds without caring about its fruit...this did what his words could not do...Jodha realizes her mistakes, her stubbornness and decides to return back to him...phew!!! Shocked Now, she's running back to him. hpee  long hug 

I don't think this Jodha understands silence or words spoken or least of all unspoken words...to get past her, Jalal would always have to speak to her with his gestures and actions... Rolling Eyes

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-11, 02:10

shobita, i completely agree with your comment, both cvz and paridhi was a big let down in the separation track..rajat was brilliant in the separation track..i do not know how paridhi will enact the romance..i so not think she will do any justice and the PH and zee will not replace her because she cannot give close scenes or show romance perfectly..romance is not a trp puller anyways..that is why i am not keen on watching the epic love story because i am sick of their platonic love i find their scenes together boring, i would rather watch thrilling politics of akbar's era!
shobita wrote:I feel Paridhi and the CVs should share the blame for the current fiasco in Jodha's track

In the whole of the separation track, Jodha never seemed like a Virahotkhandita nayika - an angry nayika in viraha........in literature this kind of state is described most often- notably in Jayadeva's Ashtapadi's........it is such a complex state .....one of conflict where the heroine is angry with her lover but pines for him as she loves him a lot dragging herself into a whirl of anguish 

None of the scenes presented in the past few weeks ever conveyed the fact that Jodha is missing Jalal or that she also pines for his love though she is angry with him......such a let down

On the contrary Jalal had some very good scenes ......and RT acted them out brilliantly......I did'nt mind him longing for Jodha.......coz it is rarely shown that a man craves for his beloved so ardently......it was not convention so a welcome change...

Having said that, Lashy, I loved your write up....I think your analysis of Jodha's decision was bang on. 

I watch Jodha Akbar coz I luv the chemistry that Paridhi and Rajat bring on screen.......The script sometimes lets them down badly.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:28

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum