Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 235-236: Hopes belied? JA 237: Jalal's nadir Page 3 JA 238: Abrupt transition Page 4

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 235-236: Hopes belied? JA 237: Jalal's nadir Page 3 JA 238: Abrupt transition Page 4

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-12, 16:50

Folks,

One of the advantages  of doing this so late  - and I am nuts to be doing it at all, with a migraine, even if it is slowly tapering off,  in its {unprecedented}4th day, but  a promise is a promise – is that most of the worthwhile comments on both these episodes would already have been made, so I can be much briefer than is my wont.

Jalal:joy unbounded: Let me begin, as I seem to do so often, not at the beginning but at the end. The Friday precap had Jalal brimming over with a joy so deep and so abundant that he cannot contain himself. He has to tell a bemused Atgah Khan (clearly unused, in his staidly contented marriage with Jijianga, to such emotional transports)  that when Jodha had (as he assumed) gone out of his life, he had lost all ummeed aur khushi,  but now that she was coming back, there was a light in the darkness of his heart.

Rajat was fabulous as a Jalal who is struggling with unexpected joy,   after weeks of despondency so deep that despite himself,  it clouded all   his waking hours.  If he had  been looking into the Mirror of Erised (for  non-Potterites, this is a magic mirror that shows the viewer the deepest desire of his heart), all he would have seen was Jodha Begum on the way to Agra, and lo and behold, the Mirror had, for once, showed the truth!

Jalal’s smile, as he hugs himself in delight, was so full of pure joy, so utterly transparent, like that of a little boy who has suddenly been given the gift he wanted more than anything else, that my heart went out to him, for all that I think he is a triple-dyed idiot for being so besotted with a woman who neither reciprocates his deewaangee, something of  which she is clearly incapable, nor does she deserve him.

But so it is very often with boys, and there is nothing to be done but to grin and bear it!

But poor Atgah was clearly all at sea, and had probably concluded that his sovereign had lost it. He looked relieved when Jalal suddenly hugged him, thus sparing him the need to think up a suitable answer.  hpee 

As for  Todar Mal , he must have later thanked his stars that he was not around to be hugged as well – the other day, he looked more startled than delighted when the Shahenshah suddenly  decided to welcome him to Agra, and to the Diwan-e-Khas, with an embrace!  hpee 

Hopes belied? :To get back to business, as we look forward with trepidation to the prospect of seeing Jalal standing at the gates of the Agra fort, holding an aarti thali to welcome Jodha Begum, while Rahim provides the backup and Hamida-Salima the chorus , what should we do now? Why,  apart from  the warmest possible appreciation of Rajat, as distinct from Jalal,which  is a must -  there is only one major question to be answered. And that is:

Should one be disappointed, as so many, including my Lashykanna (Divya’s feel good thread on the Friday episode being the only one I read)  seem to  be, that Jodha  decided to go back to Agra only because the Shahenshah had

(a) forgiven Shivani and Tejwant and

(b) abolished the teerthkar,

and not because she could no longer live without Jalal, about her bahut prem and later adhik prem  for whom she has made Delphic pronouncements in the recent past, pronouncements that were as inconsistent and incomprehensible as those of the famour Oracle of Delphi?

Much as I love her Take 5 posts, I do not at all share  Divya’s determined delight at Jodha finally deciding to go back, to buttress which she has attributed various emotions, such as longing, to Jodha, emotions that are marked only by their total absence on the beauteous lady’s face.  There is none so imaginative as a writer seeking to prove a pre-conceived notion, and the facts be damned! 

The truth, as my disgruntled Lashykanna set out in no uncertain terms, is that Jodha looked absolutely comfortable in Amer, there was not the least hint that she thought of Jalal or missed him. When a despondent Jalal hopes that even if she does not think of him at all in the usual course, she might do so at least when she hears about the abolishment of the teerthkar, he is being dismally accurate.  When Shaguni  Bai talks of its being time for her to go back, Jodha thinks only of the Amer palace, and even after Shaguni Bai has elaborated on what she means, Jodha looks merely blank. No longing there, Divya my dear, that was for sure!

Once in Amer, she barely remembers him, except that flashback to the gifting of the kangan that stirs her to sudden fury and a brusque rejection of him and his apologies alike. There were no private flashbacks to their good times together, no memory of the Badal-Kajri days when they came perhaps the closest to acceptance of each other as is, and stood by each other thru thick and thin. Nothing. 

Some might  object at this point, citing the tales of Badal’s valour that Jodha recounts to her dadisaa. But that could have been about  any brave warrior, say Kunwar Pratap, and Jodha  would have displayed the same admiration for him as she does for Badal/Jalal. There is no tender emotion in that recital which is exclusive to Jalal. She does not reminisce about any of the gentle moments that Badal and Kajri shared, about Sheikh Salim Chisti’s prophecy that she would be  the Maryam-uz-Zamani, or about her feeding him with jowar rotis.

As for her  longing for him, that is bahut door ki baat. When the unkempt Shehnaaz harangues her for the umpteenth time about her mohabbat, the Shahenshah, all that Jodha has to be say is that she does not know how one who is such a stranger to prem pardoned Shivani and Tejwant. Of course when Bharmal flatly refuses to pardon Shivani, Jodha will not condemn him for not understanding Shivani’s prem!

Now, when she hears all the jayjaykaars  for Jalal, there is nothing in her face that one would have expected from a woman who, despite being roothi huyi, is in love with her husband. There is no  sudden surge of pride in the Shahenshah,  whom  she claims to love, for having taken such a generous and difficult decision, no fluttering of joy, nothing. She seems totally ignorant about the difficulties he will face because of this brave move;  there is not a word about that in her self talk.

All that she says:  Shahenshah badalne lage hain… unka hriday jagne laga hai...( this about an emperor who has gone thru hell to find her and then pleaded with her to forgive him,  whereas a true blue Rajvanshi husband would have left her where she was and barred her return!),  does not hint at love of any kind. 

A teacher and her prize pupil: Nor does what her rooh  says to Jalal in that dusty, leaf strewn maqbara, (presumably Jodha Begum’s, for  she was not buried with Akbar at Sikandra, something that tells its own tale).

When her rooh  talks of her hriday  having been touched (curiously enough, Jalal’s  rooh is silent, probably having nothing to say to this earth-shaking announcement after 450 years!), and her wanting to see him at once to give him badhai for his momentous decision, it sounds exactly like a schoolteacher patting her star student on the head for a brilliant score in an exam. Not like the desperate eagerness of a woman in love, though she will not acknowledge it, to be back with the man she loves.

So it all boils down to what I have said again and again and again, that Jodha cares for Jalal the way a preceptress cares for an especially obedient, grateful and enthusiastic pupil.  She sees in him the vindication of her ideas, she basks in his lavish admiration for her real and imaginary hunars,   and she uses his status and power to further her pet do-gooding projects that would get nowhere without such an  all-powerful backer.

Shweta has quoted me as saying that Jodha loves not Jalal but only the Azeem-o-shaan Shahenshah, which is true, but only with the elucidation I have repeated above. Jodha  is not seeking power for its own sake,  but she has the overpowering  need to reshape her husband to fit in with her ideas,  and then have him  promote them with all his power. It is as self-centred as Shweta sees it, but for a more nuanced reason.

To sum up. Jodha  does not, at least going by the evidence to date, love Jalal  at all.

Love is helpless and it cannot  be denied, not even by the kind of guroor  that stays in the satvaan aasmaan.  It has a way of breaking thru all barriers, including those of pride and ahankaar,  and finding its way towards the beloved. Love has no ego, and if there is an overweening ego, then there can be no love.

Jodha is now in a rush to get back to Agra and the Shahenshah because she thinks  her attempts to “reform” him have started succeeding, and she wants to be there to exult in what she sees as her success.  It is NOT because she longs for him and has realized that she is adhoori without him. If that was what it was, we would have seen that day in and day out in Amer. We have not seen anything even remotely approaching it.

So, as for the question in the title, no, my hopes were not belied. This was exactly what I had expected Jodha to do, and she did it.

Adiana dear, I do not think there is any point in splitting hairs about Jodha being  stuck at the belief stage and having yet to get to that of faith, which is necessarily blind. This Jodha is not going to get to faith, not unless t scriptwriters decide to have her do a sheershasan.

If she had a normal husband, who would eventually ask her, after leaving her to her own devices for a good long while post her return to Agra, and with a sarcastic tone to his voice,  why she had come,  adding that he could not see any reason for her to do so, now that would have been something salutary for Kunwari Jodha. Alas, nothing like that is going to happen.

Jodha, the universal  saviour:
Instead, Jalal will most likely, after hanging around in the sidelines as Hamida, Salima, Shivani and Rahim crowd around  Jodha in a rapturous welcome for the Prodigal Daughter, trot along to her hoojra. He will then  carefully remove his jootis,  go and kneel before Kanha and maybe offer an aarti  as well, recite the Gayatri mantra kantastha, and then  tell a smug Jodha how grateful he is that she condescended to notice what he had done to implement her ideas about the teerthkar.

Don’t do a double take, folks! He has clearly convinced himself that she was trying to teach him this very thing on the pilgrimage to Sikri, but he was too dumb to grasp her sanket and act on it at once!  He does NOT remember that it was Badal who had objected, immediately and forcefully, to the very idea of a teerthkar on Hindus, and was ready to be flogged as punishment for his opposition to it. What did Jodha have to do with it then? 

Again, the latest flashback about Jodha’s war chest of savings for paying the teerthkar  for needy Hindus is queer. When is it supposed to have taken place? Presumably after the Badal-Kajri phase, for she seems to be on extremely good terms with Jalal.

If so, why does Jalal ask her if the teerthkar   is wrong? HE had said so in no uncertain terms, and on his own,  as Badal. Why does he not remember what he did then,  when he is  pondering his course of action at  the DEK the day after?

Why, this fit of short term, selective amnesia is because apni Jodha HAS to be somehow given credit for the abolition of the teerthkar,  by hook or by crook, and if this clashes with what happened earlier, what does it matter? The TRP audience, Ekta knows,  is even more amnesiac, and that takes care of such trifling goof ups!  hpee 

All this said, if Jodha apologises sincerely  handsomely to Jalal, at least in private, for her faults and her share in creating the Sujamal situation,  and for the bull-headed obstinacy and  arrogance with which she treated his overtures, I would be prepared to cut her a  lot of slack  for the future. If she touches his feet as sign of  repentance – and it was the norm then for a wife to do so – why then, I would  go one better!

But I would still stand  by my assessment that she does NOT love Jalal, not the way I understand love, and not the way he loves her. It is my belief that she never will.

Jalal and the teerthkar: I am not going into the DEK scene where Jalal announces the abolition of the teerthkar, for enough must have been said about that already. More even than the decisiveness and the authoritarian way in which he handled it –All those who oppose this decision may leave the court, I do not need them! – what impressed me was the lucid, coherent and thorough manner in which he dealt with the rational objections to the proposal, drawing on the tenets of Islam to bolster his stand.

I  loved the ironic smile with which he met and dismissed, again clearly and decisively,  the Maulvi’s criticism of his appointing Hindus to high places in his court. 

And most of all, I loved it that while the applause of the awaam swirls around him, he does not smile as many of the others do. He stays grim and determined, and his sharp, unwinking  gaze reflects  this. The mood that governed his last, forceful statement to the court still holds sway.

It was a masterful performance, which hinted at all that would soon lead to his being hailed as Akbar. It presumably married generous goodwill and heartfelt acceptance of all his subjects as equal in his eyes, with shrewd political calculations about the  positive fallout of this decision for  his regime.

Halfbaked scenario:It is the latter aspect that should have  been brought out  more clearly, but was not. Akbar was not a mere sentimental do-gooder;  he was determined to become the ruler of all of Hindustan, and to be gladly accepted as such by all his subjects, irrespective of caste, creed or  origin. He would do whatever it took to make this possible. There is nothing inherently wrong or cynical in this approach; in fact it is what one  would expect of an enlightened and also shrewd monarch.

But here it was shown as a sentimental decision taken only with his dil.  Of course so that Jodha Begum can be given credit for it, both indirectly, for having awakened  his hitherto dormant dil,   and directly as well as the supposed initiator of the abolition idea.

If a late night meeting between Jalal, Todar Mal and Atgah Khan,  before the DEK, had been shown, at which the politico-financial aspects of the tax abolition were thrashed out, and the answer that Todar Mal gives in court re:  how to tackle the fall in the imperial income , worked out in advance, that would have made it both logical and credible.  Instead, Jalal acts like an impulsive ruler governed by his generous impulses, not like a just , farsighted and yet canny one. He seemed to be looking into the fall of tax revenue issue  only after the (inevitable) question was raised in the DEK. This hardly reflects well on the Shahenshah.

Nor were Todar Mal’s arguments  about the short term losses due to the abolition being offset by the long term gains completely convincing. Yes, the cessation of Hindu uprisings would save money, but there were likely to be Muslim uprisings against the decision that would take money to suppress. And there were many such  Muslim rebellions against Akbar’s liberal policies all thru his long reign, and these uprisings were the clear majority in all the movements against his rule.

It was of a piece with Todar Mal, on a supposedly secret outing to the bazaar with Jalal and Atgah, all three of them in disguise, calling Jalal Shahenshah every time he opened his mouth, and this without being stopped by Jalal! hpee 

The emotional Jalal:  I was profoundly grateful that Jalal did not start exercising his lachrymal glands in these 2 episodes. Though his perennially doleful face did get on my nerves after a while, there were some  major compensations, thanks to Rajat’s amazing ability to project very slight shifts of expression in rapid succession, making a marvelous and speaking collage of emotions. Let me cite just 3 examples.

-When he enters Jodha’s hoojra   while mulling over the teerthkar  decision. His eyes reflect deep sorrow, a crippling sense of loss. If I were to do  a riff on  Pandit Nehru’s eloquent lament after the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi – the light has gone out of my life and there is darkness everywhere. But  it is  dignified grief, not a facile, unbecoming outpouring of sorrow in front  of  Moti. The way in which he deals with and  then dismisses her was perfection itself. 

As was  his sad  and very moving colloquy with Jodha’s portrait, and the touching tenderness with which he fingers her cheek on the canvas, and later holds  an earring up to the face.

No wonder he refers to his new hunar of talking to her painting; it must be far more peaceful, comforting and reassuring than the real thing would ever have been! For one thing, she could nether shove him away, nor talk back at him and unleash one of her bhashans. For the life of me, I cannot understand why he does not settle for the  Jodha Lisa, and instead invites trouble by  begging her to return to Agra! hpee 

-The scene where Moti (sure to win the Razzie for her showing in this scene!) and the other Hindu daasis come to thank the Shahenshah  for the tax abolition. He is sitting in his rooms sunk in deep despondency, almost on the verge of tears. When the soldier comes to tell him about their seeking an audience, his eyes first widen uncomprehendingly; he is still in his private world of grief and loss. Then the real world barges in and that too registers on his mobile face. When he gives permission for them to enter, he is visibly mastering his mood and not succeeding too well, for as he looks up at Moti and the rest, he is clearly not all there.

Their expressions  of thanks  and their applause barely seem to register with him, but for Moti’s comment that Jodha Begum would have been very happy had she been here. And the smile with which he turns away after answering her  drips with distilled bitterness.

It was a remarkably subtle display by a master of his craft, but I wonder if it was noticed and rated as it should have been. Both the above-mentioned  scenes called  for much more of  nuanced expressions and moods than the much easier but bravura Diwan-e-Khas scene,  that would have garnered all the applause while these passed practically unnoticed.

- The one with his mother, when she comes to congratulate the Shahenshah  on his courageous and generous decision. Jalal is once again depressed – when is he not these days? Jodha’s absence, and his own sense of guilt,  seem to gnaw at his zehen like a canker that eats out the heart of a rose.  But as he sights her, he jumps to attention like a startled schoolboy. This is probably because he remembers her tirade when he came back to Agra without her Jodha beta, and it must have been a relief to have her not talk of that for once.

I was pleased that (a) Hamida did not give the credit for inspiring this pathbreaking decision to the aforesaid Jodha beta,  not even when she was, predictably, talking about his dil, and his supposedly having taken this decision with this body part, and (b) did not mention Jodha at all, thus avoiding rubbing salt into Jalal’s open wound.

Her mentioning the need for him to have consulted the Wazir-e-Aliya Mahaam was  pure Hamida; she has never ceased to laud Mahaam’s loyalty and sacrifices for Jalal and the Mughal sultanate. Jalal, in his brusque brushing off of her implied complaint, displayed the kind of hard decisiveness that comes to him only in matters that do not concern Jodha Begum.

I had no complaints about the almost formal nature of this meeting, for it was not meant, from her side, to be  a get together with her son, but a call by the Malika-e-Azam on the Shahenshah. Seen like that, it  was just right. Visually too, an ending with Hamida hugging Jalal, whos head would have barely come to her shoulder, would not have been an edifying  sight!

What next?: Now this is on the laps of the gods. I do not hope for anything  very good, and would be grateful enough if Jalal does not play a hesitant second or third or fourth fiddle to the coterie of Jodhaphiles in the Agra palace, but takes himself off to his work after the formal welcome. Not that I have much hope of this happening!

Joke of the week: The eager celerity with which Bharmal agrees to seeing Jodha off to Agra that very night, disregarding the need for a shubh mahurat, shows  only one thing. He wants to have her  well on the road to Agra before she changes her mind and decides to stay in Amer after all!!!

Jodha’s delivery of her lines in this scene rivalled Moti’s for sheer flatness. She seemed to be practicing for a school elocution competition. And seeing the way she embraced her father, I now understand why the Jalal-Jodha embrace (in Jalal’s fantasy after the Sujamal issue is cleared) was so lacking in warmth and closeness. Jodha is ‘like that only’.

Well, this  is not as brief as I had hoped – mine never are, alas! -  and it is nearly 5 pm. But this is the earliest that I could do it, with the necessary breaks. I hope it is not too bad, but if it is , my  apologies in advance. At least my head is not much the worse for the exertion.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

PS: What precisely is Shehnaaz’s status in the Amer royal family? Of a companion to Jodha,  or of a maid or the equivalent thereof? This question struck me because she is clearly walking besides Jodha’s palki, just as Moti and the other daasis would do.

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-05-14, 17:54; edited 6 times in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 235-236: Hopes belied? JA 237: Jalal's nadir Page 3 JA 238: Abrupt transition Page 4

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-12, 16:55

Shyamala, I am the first to read:) Will come back with comments

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 235-236: Hopes belied? JA 237: Jalal's nadir Page 3 JA 238: Abrupt transition Page 4

Post by LGhosh on 2014-05-12, 18:34

I didn't watch any of the episodes last week, was only reading the updates but when I read the update of Friday I thought of checking it out hoping to see some emotions of Love in Jodha to declare she wants to leave immediately.

But lo and behold, my exact feelings when I saw the episode! Where is that Love that can transcend from heart mate to soul mate? I didn't see an iota of Love but simply a joy in hearing that Jalal has done away with the pilgrimage tax. I wanted to ask immediately if he hadn't forgiven Shivani and her lover and didn't do anything about the teerthkar then what would happened? Would Jodha have packed her bags and left Amer? 
No this step was not because she loved him but because once again Jalal has proved himself to be a righteous emperor and also saved Amer's pride and respect by upholding it.

I didn't see that longing in her for Jalal, that desire to just get a glimpse of him, to run to him leaving everything behind, even miss him, or remember him to her own self............no emotions based on Love at all.

But I might resign to expect anything from Jodha at all. It will be only Jalal who will long, pine, think, dream, ponder for Jodha and then get criticized at every juncture. 

Lovely analysis Shyamala, agree with every word. I was disappointed with Jodha, period! But I guess I ought to be grateful to her to come down from her high horse and finally deciding to return to Agra to her prized possession, Shahensha!

LGhosh
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by vinitaj27 on 2014-05-12, 19:36

Thank u Shyamalaji for the pm. It was good to read ur take on the episodes after a long break. I hope u get well soon and we get to read some more of ur amazing analysis. 
I agree jodha at the moment is not completely in love with jalal but I do believe she will be getting there soon. Jalal has already reached a stage in his love where it transcends any kind of ego but jodha hasn't. How soon jodha gets there will certainly depend upon the writers but I do hope it is soon. I am a sucker for lovestories n am waiting for theirs to start full fledged. I hope the writers do a good job at redeeming her character soon n we have some hot n cute scenes soon.

vinitaj27
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-12, 20:35

oh god shyamala, i have not seen the epi yet but apparently he is giving all the credit to jodha ranisa for abolishing teerthkar as well..jodh ki seekh..i am so mad with the cvz now..seriously what are they trying to show that jalal had no brains of his own and its all due to jodha..so unrealistic!!!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-12, 20:39

Hello Aunty, good to see your fresh post. Hope you're better.

As ususl your post is bang on.  But Aunty, I don't think teerthkat abolishment is going to be counted in Jodha Beghum's score card. It seems to making its way in Jalal's score card.

I'm typing this from the cell Aunty. So sorry for all the spelling mistakes.

get well soon aunty.

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-12, 21:38

Shyamala, I agree, this Jodha is incapable of portrayal of such a Love that we want to see - that Rajat's Jalal is portraying - but then I am going to enjoy half a glass of water instead of cribbing over it - and I will have my imaginary Jodha who will compensate for this reel Jodha - my only wish is that the writers of Jodha give her the words so that I can blank the image, keep the dialogues and just watch Rajat and the subtlety that he brings to his portrayal. His sheer brilliance will keep me glued to the screen - as for the zabardasti ka giving credit to Jodha - well as I keep saying, Madam Universe is a capricious lady and she has chosen Akbar. Abb chahe koi kitni koshish karle par hoga wohi jo Ms Kayanat chahegi - woh kehte haina 'mudayi laakh chahe kya hota hai, wohi hota hai jo manzoore Khuda hota hai / ya manzoore Ms Universe hota hai'!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by AJSharma79 on 2014-05-12, 21:40

Hello Aunty,

Saw your PM in IF and dropped by to read your post to rejuvenate and rehydrate my fried brain; which got into the state after I read the WU.

The truth is I have not watched the episodes since the epi where he very gloriously implied that what's done in the name of love amounts to no crime and even more grandly forgave the runaway lovers. I told Divya that I no longer can subject myself to this type of demeaning and stooping down of a King. He has gone complete bonkers in his one sided blind foolish devotion for the one woman who offers no warmth but ice cold injustice to him.

I was only made curious to know what type of re-union they will have, and after reading today's WU I can already imagine what type of shameless show of female worship it will be, perhaps only stopping short of washing her mehendi feet with his tears.

I find it so completely revolting that he claims her as the light of Agra, the joy and the cheer. She now is the walking candlestick/tube light? or her halo has been polished extra that the darkness in Agra is to be now removed?

What about the hundreds of those who keep him safe? What about people like Atgah and Todarmal who are made of integrity? What about MA....yes, MA.....who kept him safe when he was so vulnerable? Isn't it a blatant display of ungratefulness? 

Oh, for the love of the real Jalal, I truly wish that MA will spike the drink or food, put all to sleep, hold Jodha at knife point and steal the throne right from his grasp!!

I would in fact do a complete rain dance if Ak steals the throne now!!

AJSharma79
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-12, 22:02

AJ, i completely agree with you!..i cannot forgive ekta for going overboard in showing the reel jalal's love for jodha but not the other way round..why make akbar jodha's puppy!!!!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-12, 22:30

hi everyone!

i found today's episode OTT!..jalal was elated to hear about jodha's arrival and was making preparations for her grand welcome and here i am thinking to myself..what did she do to deserve all this...

she has not accepted him as her husband fully yet!

she still thinks him as a foreign invader who conquered hindustan with his power of sword!

she is happy that he is doing something for the hindus..tax abolition was a big step in akbar's life and instead of glorifying him the cvz are glorifying jodha..!

at least the movie did justice to his big step the jashn was from the awaam to glorify him and then jodha made her grand entry on the elephant..and in our natkiye rupantar the whole credit goes to jodha and the grand welcome is also for her and all akbar gets from such a big step is kuraan as a gift from his awaam???

i fail to connect to this serial and do not know what they are trying to show..the epic love looks one sided..there is no connection and depth in the scenes of the two leads together in one frame..

at least they should have shown some love brewing before jodha left for mathura..now this overwhelmed jalal looks ott to me and is expressing more than is required based on what stage the relationship is at..

i cannot connect to this happiness nor the idea of jodha getting all the credit for everything good he has done in life..and does she deserve it all??..maybe i will be able to connect if i see her genuine love for him as a person but not now..and not at this stage...!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-12, 22:48

I would say, in trying to glorify Jodha, they are demeaning Jalal but at the same time, it is  an indirect devolution of Jodha too...  IF Jalal did everything after the  'SEEKH' he got frm Jodha ( Pray tell me, did not he get any  'SEEKH' frm Salima, Bairam, Hamida ) then it would mean he is dim witted imbecile.. IS he worthy of Jodha's love? No, would be my answer..A saint  like Jodha should get someone worthy...

If  Mayya is listening... Then I would say, LEVEL the field ..Give some grey cells to Jalal, show some softer feelings unattached to any strings in Jodha ...ABOVE ALL  get the actors to emote correctly..

Sun raha hai naa tu
Ro raha hun main

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by akdha on 2014-05-12, 23:08

Hi Aunty, nice post. i have a doubt, is there going to be any attack on Jodha and her troup on the way?
 Jo's night travel confuses me and Mainavati's disapproval initially was the reason!! i am still hoping its untrue! i cannot see the separation anymore!

akdha
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-12, 23:14

You, my dear, are going to be even sorrier when this separation is over and Jalal has been officially designated as Jodha Begum's pet poodle. I have not seen the  latest episode, but  if he is really giving Jodha the credit for the teerthkar abolition, he is a gone case, and I might as well stop watching this junk, or at least analysing it.As for the Great Romance that you are waiting for so breathlessly, with this Jodha, it is going to be flatter than a pancake, mark my words. You will have to imagine all the romance and passion you crave, for there is going to be a flop show onscreen. It will be exactly like her recital to her Bapusa on Friday.ugh..Shyamala Auntyakdha wrote:Hi Aunty, nice post. i have a doubt, is there going to be any attack on Jodha and her troup on the way?
 Jo's night travel confuses me and Mainavati's disapproval initially was the reason!! i am still hoping its untrue! i cannot see the separation anymore!

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-13, 00:06

sashashyam wrote:
You, my dear, are going to be even sorrier when this separation is over and Jalal has been officially designated as Jodha Begum's pet poodle. I have not seen the  latest episode, but  if he is really giving Jodha the credit for the teerthkar abolition, he is a gone case, and I might as well stop watching this junk, or at least analysing it.As for the Great Romance that you are waiting for so breathlessly, with this Jodha, it is going to be flatter than a pancake, mark my words. You will have to imagine all the romance and passion you crave, for there is going to be a flop show onscreen. It will be exactly like her recital to her Bapusa on Friday.ugh..Shyamala Auntyakdha wrote:Hi Aunty, nice post. i have a doubt, is there going to be any attack on Jodha and her troup on the way?
Shyamala, Paridhi needs to get variations in her expressions and also when she hugs or touches people, she shouldn't behave as if she is doing a crime.  Infact in today's world, a hug us so common, we hug our friends irrespective of gender and she being an actress behaves too weird and her discomfort is so evident, if it doesn't change, all romance is going to drains. Evil or Very Mad

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-13, 00:11

i think todya's episode missed the royal touch..rajat was expressive but being a shahenshah i was not too impressed by the way that scene was executed..direction was faulty! according to me this is how the scene could have been shown...

jala and ruq playing chess jalal hears about the news and then his immense happiness but with subtle expressions of trying to hide it and not look too eager

the scene that irked me the most is what he said to HB ad gave all the credit to jo..i think that was overdone...he could have just given the news instead of the useless bhashan and then told salima for decorating her hojra

then the rest he should have ordered whoever responsible to make it a grand welcome..nothing wrong with that..but not with a wide grin but in a controlled and authoritative manner!

he should not have expressed his happiness openly to adhga instead stayed calm and controlled with subtle expressions of hiding the happiness!

and the precap is hopeless..he should be waiting like a king for his queen and not like a majnu for his laila...!

Edit Post

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-13, 00:17

shyamala, i am not looking forward to this one sided epic tale of so called love..i got so dissapointed by jalal giving all as in all the credit to jodha begum for tax abolishment!..and on top of that its evident how paridhi is uncomfortable doing close scenes..even a hig for her is a taboo..never mind SR...it will be all done by body doubles! indeed a big flop show!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-13, 03:05

Wow Aunty, I'm a day late.. I haven't even caught the latest episode yet... I'm having in laws staying over... so super busy...
but, I was so touched to see your review here... as it is missing you .. and two be welcomed with two my lashykannas  long hug 
Since I haven't seen the episode yet, I'm unable to comment on the latest one...but, yes we do need the balance restored somewhat... its dangerously tilting to one side as of now.... I'll post a more detailed reply soon periyamma

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-13, 07:44

lashy waiting for ur take on monday's jodha begum jaap filled episode by our majnu jalal!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-05-13, 09:04

Thanks for the PM Aunty.
I've least hope for this Jodha, and PS is as dismal  Evil or Very Mad My only knight is Jalal and RT...he carries off everything in his stride.  Heart

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-13, 10:36

mandygi wrote:lashy waiting for ur take on monday's jodha begum jaap filled episode by our majnu jalal!
Not for a week dear... I'll be unable to even catch up on the episodes forget type analysis mandy  No 
but thanks for the mention dear...

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-13, 13:16

shyamala, your post is hilarious, especially i love the part where u refer jodha as jodha lisa..lol..btw the whole of jodha mandali is against me now, first they kicked you and adi pot now their target is me..lashy has been out for a while..they cannot stand any of jalal supporters their leader u know who i am talking about is on a mission of making it jalal free forum..what a fanatic i must say!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-13, 13:47

mandygi wrote:shyamala, i am not looking forward to this one sided epic tale of so called love..i got so dissapointed by jalal giving all as in all the credit to jodha begum for tax abolishment!..and on top of that its evident how paridhi is uncomfortable doing close scenes..even a hig for her is a taboo..never mind SR...it will be all done by body doubles! indeed a big flop show!

I M with you on that .. About JA turning into a flop I mean... They are diluting the whole essence of Jodha Akbar..it's no longer  a striy of 2 individuals who influence one another.. It has turned into a shrine which worships Jodha for each and every change.. while overlooking the flaws in her.. 

Regards Paridhi Sharma. I thought she was shaping up quite well after the initial hiccup but  I am sad to see that she has plateaued and her emotions are not felt.. tis as if  she  thinks "Ohh this is   crying scene.. 4-5 shoulder shake, 3-4 shudders, 2 mins of pout ..THERE we are done" kind of acting..   The motions are carried thru with utter perfection sans the emotion ... I have become used to this but what surprised me y'day was  the fall in Lavina's acting too.. spoilt, selfish, caring, intelligent, detached, calculating,  she has done them all with poise but y'day.. it was as if Lavina was having out of body experience,,, I did not see Ruqaiyya  spoilt or queenly..   and  Rajat seemed to have accompanied her on this flight.. I am sincerely hoping that this was a one off thinggy

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-05-13, 13:58

This daily soap is shaping out to be "Jodha ka Akbar".

Inspite of my feminist instincts I would applaud if Jalal turns into an MCP. Sigh.....I miss his male ego

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-13, 14:03

shobita wrote:This daily soap is shaping out to be "Jodha ka Akbar".

Inspite of my feminist instincts I would applaud if Jalal turns into an MCP. Sigh.....I miss his male ego
or jodha's puppet ..

what I am missing is th dignity in Jalal.. They are killing the dignity of Jalal  in their passion to elevate Jodha..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-13, 15:35

shobita wrote:This daily soap is shaping out to be "Jodha ka Akbar".

Shobita, lot of "US" want him to become an MCP ( as he was, caring but with an attitude and a bit arrogant), than love lost Jalal which he is today Bang  (even though he is the current choice of feminists hppy )

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum