Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 240: The Curious Case of the Changeling Consort

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 240: The Curious Case of the Changeling Consort

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-17, 16:00

Dear Priyanka,

Welcome to my new abode!

No, Jodha 1 is not, sadly enough, left back in Amer. She is still there inside Jodha's mind, only she has been pushed  into the back for now.

This happens  all the time  in cases of MPD (multiple personality disorder), with as many as 4  or 5 different personas fighting for control. There have been recorded cases where a dull servant girl had a second persona who spoke fluent French and Italian and could play Beethoven sonatas to perfection on the piano! At least our Jodha 1 and Jodha 2 are not so drastically different!

Shyamala Aunty

shiningways2407Nice post aunty!
 So jodha 1 is left in amer n what we r seeing is jodha 2.
I always knes that she suffers from split personality n ur post proved that indeed I was right.
 Since jodha apologised for her msitakes I m able to tolerate her till the time jodha 1 doesnt come back. Because as of now the actress never convinced me through her skills as what she lacks gets easily visible when RT acts with her..

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-17, 16:05

Thank you so much, my dear Pallavi! No, no, my dear, we do not want any mix of Jodha 1 and Jodha 2. The minute they start down that road, Jodha 1 will swallow up her alter ego, and we will be back to square one! I would like her to be left where she is, in the most remote corner of Jodha's zehen! I agree with you about the gap in acting abilities between Rajat and Paridhi, which will become more of a problem as their romance advances.Shyamala Auntypollyanna wrote:Loved it Aunty  Thumbsup  Thumbsup ......I want the right mix of jodha 1 and 2....

also I feel pari shld really emote in the real sense when she is with Rajat.....Rajat is top notch while Pari looks forced or fake.....(just my POV)

i am loving the short, romantic scenes between J-J , luks like the culmination will happen only after IPL :(

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-17, 16:21

Shyamala, you describe Jodha's positives (she has very few though), and negatives very aptly.  The split personality is the best way to explain the Jodha in the serial.  Do I say, I could not stand Jodha 1 at all, not even that, she was accused of adultery could make me sympathise with her.  Her Ego, arrogance over shadowed everything.  
Jodha2 - now this what I liked, PS could not do justice to it completely, but Rt has Jalal covers up for her most of the time.  Her "pran"?? I would only assume, this was one of her vachans she gave to herself or to her beloved Ammijan, all I care.  I really want to ignore, she accepting her mistake in MU and apologising itself was shocking.  And, I m happy with small mercies Jodha shown to Jalal, as well as on us.   hppy 
And one day, she will accept that, she came because she loves him and not because she found his heart.  I m hopeful about it and I think we will see it during their consummation.  Something is needed for that day too.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-17, 16:48

aashyagh wrote:Thank you, Ash, I am glad you like the MPD idea. Yes, Paridhi cannot go beyond the lajana sharmana tack, what to do?

As for the much awaited suhaag raat scene, I really do not know WHAT the folks here are expecting! They cannot show even as much as was shown in the film, and here  it is going to be an awkward set of camera angles, mark my words.

Even for ordinary romantic scenes, it would have helped if Rajat was 3 inches taller, or Paridhi a bit shorter, like Lavina. As it is, they are the same height and that makes it  less appealing as well. I personally prefer it when the woman is a little shorter and can put her head on his shoulder naturally and gracefully.

Shyamala

Shyamala, you describe Jodha's positives (she has very few though), and negatives very aptly.  The split personality is the best way to explain the Jodha in the serial.  Do I say, I could not stand Jodha 1 at all, not even that, she was accused of adultery could make me sympathise with her.  Her Ego, arrogance over shadowed everything.  
Jodha2 - now this what I liked, PS could not do justice to it completely, but Rt has Jalal covers up for her most of the time.  Her "pran"?? I would only assume, this was one of her vachans she gave to herself or to her beloved Ammijan, all I care.  I really want to ignore, she accepting her mistake in MU and apologising itself was shocking.  And, I m happy with small mercies Jodha shown to Jalal, as well as on us.   hppy 
And one day, she will accept that, she came because she loves him and not because she found his heart.  I m hopeful about it and I think we will see it during their consummation.  Something is needed for that day too.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-17, 17:03

sashashyam wrote:
aashyagh wrote:Thank you, Ash, I am glad you like the MPD idea. Yes, Paridhi cannot go beyond the lajana sharmana tack, what to do?

As for the much awaited suhaag raat scene, I really do not know WHAT the folks here are expecting! They cannot show even as much as was shown in the film, and here  it is going to be an awkward set of camera angles, mark my words.

Even for ordinary romantic scenes, it would have helped if Rajat was 3 inches taller, or Paridhi a bit shorter, like Lavina. As it is, they are the same height and that makes it  less appealing as well. I personally prefer it when the woman is a little shorter and can put her head on his shoulder naturally and gracefully.

Shyamala

It would have been very good, if Rajat was slightly taller than PS, and PS was a better actress, and on tv the romance will be limited, I know it will not be like films, but in Ekra's shows, it's always a notch higher than other shows, she brings romance /consummation scenes on screen very beautifully, and it becomes very embarrassing to watch it with your family.  (Not complaining).  So, I do believe that, Ekta will leave no stone unturned to make their consummation if not the best, but one of the best of her shows.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shweta on 2014-05-17, 17:20

Great post Aunty !

I loved Jodha in that whip-me-begumSahiba scene, she finally accepted her fault and redeemed herself. I'm still confused about the 'pran' but no worries as things like these pops up out of nowhere, by now we all are used to it.  Wink 

But this Jodha 2 has a very short life and Jodha 1 will be always the dominating one among these two. Once the romance track is over, Jodha 1 will be all set to make new reforms and tune the Shehenshah accordingly.

While Jodha 2 is lovely and adorable, the actress still needs to tone down herself to maintain the grace and elegance, Paridhi does remarkable job when she is Jodha 1 but something still lacks in her, which ruined ther hug-scene for me. I expected some more emotions from Jodha as this was the first hug of AkDha and this was the first time she wanted to be so close to her husband. But overall she was good ! and after a long time I liked Jodha.

As for Ruqaiya, yes she was dumb in that painting scene yesterday but I loved her in thursday's episode, she left the room when she realized she has disturbed his privacy, for a second I thought she would start slapping the baandi's once she left the room but no, all her attention was towards Jalal and check how he reacts when she is in pain. He did what was expected from him and I loved the forehead kiss scene, somewhere he has assured her she is still important to him, now its upto her to set the limits for her jealousy.

Jodha's reaction when Jalal helped Ruqaiya to reach her room was surprisingly good ! She should feel possessive for him and she should crave for his company and his attention. Overall I'm happy with this Jodha but I've no hopes from her, she will not always be like this and the self-righteous, mahaan Jodha Devi will soon make her re-entry.  Twisted Evil

Shweta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-17, 19:19

Shweta wrote:Great post Aunty !

I loved Jodha in that whip-me-begumSahiba scene, she finally accepted her fault and redeemed herself. I'm still confused about the 'pran' but no worries as things like these pops up out of nowhere, by now we all are used to it.  Wink 

But this Jodha 2 has a very short life and Jodha 1 will be always the dominating one among these two. Once the romance track is over, Jodha 1 will be all set to make new reforms and tune the Shehenshah accordingly.

While Jodha 2 is lovely and adorable, the actress still needs to tone down herself to maintain the grace and elegance, Paridhi does remarkable job when she is Jodha 1 but something still lacks in her, which ruined ther hug-scene for me. I expected some more emotions from Jodha as this was the first hug of AkDha and this was the first time she wanted to be so close to her husband. But overall she was good ! and after a long time I liked Jodha.

As for Ruqaiya, yes she was dumb in that painting scene yesterday but I loved her in thursday's episode, she left the room when she realized she has disturbed his privacy, for a second I thought she would start slapping the baandi's once she left the room but no, all her attention was towards Jalal and check how he reacts when she is in pain. He did what was expected from him and I loved the forehead kiss scene, somewhere he has assured her she is still important to him, now its upto her to set the limits for her jealousy.

Jodha's reaction when Jalal helped Ruqaiya to reach her room was surprisingly good ! She should feel possessive for him and she should crave for his company and his attention. Overall I'm happy with this Jodha but I've no hopes from her, she will not always be like this and the self-righteous, mahaan Jodha Devi will soon make her re-entry.  Twisted Evil
Shweta, even though the Jodha Devi will re enter, it will not affect her behaviour towards Jalal anymore, she will try to distance herself from Jalal for Ruq, if at all such track is shown, but from now in, she will not be Egoistic Jodha with Jalal.  Somehow, I am confident about it, experience speaks  hppy

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-05-17, 19:37

Aunty, paridhi never match with Rajat in acting..pari looks so uncomfortable in romantic scenes..i don't know what to say..But one thing is common between Jalal and pari..nwadays jalal's dialogues starts and end with jodha begum..like dat pari's all sentence is incomplete with my hubby..is dis the same girl who don't wish to talk abt her personal lyfin interviews..?? I felt something wrong...i don't have any problem ,with she talks abt her husband all the time.
But her body language in romantic scenes clearly reveals her disinterest..it looks forced..After dat dream sequence everything changed..May b her hubby and in laws r against doing intimate scenes..i'm not sure.. I'm just guessing..Den how wil dey manage SR scene..i think SR wil b b/w a super romantic Jalal with a highly uncomfortable jodha....

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-17, 20:17

Shyamala, I know a lot of ppl have said a lot on Jalal's caress of Jodha in the aarti scene but let me point out something for all -

This caress of Jodha by Jalal is exactly similar to his caress of her portrait - in fact when she comes in he is lost in his reverie of the picture - hence if you look at him here again you will realise he is not there - and the way he caresses her shows the same passion that we saw from him in the earlier scene - Jalal came back to reality only when she calls out to him.

The scene is very beautifully done thanks to RT's calibre as an actor and his ability to get into the skin of both the character and the situation. The initial Jalal who was caressing Jodha (the one lost in his dream) has that combination of passion and pain in his entirety but the Jalal in real space (who cames back to reality when Jodha calls out to him) has that incredible combination of boldness, bashfulness, control and naughtiness - and this is what makes this scene spectacular.

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-17, 22:01

Shweta wrote:Great post Aunty !

What have we come to...
we are grateful Ruqs is dignified as long as she doesn't start slapping bandhis
We are grateful Jo is ready to accept her husband's hug after a year
We are grateful when Ja goes by one day without tears dropping from his puppy -dog eyes
 hppy

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-05-17, 22:04

Wow Aunty.. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post - I also think you thoroughly enjoyed writing this one out!  long hug

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-17, 23:50

lashy wrote:Wow Aunty.. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post - I also think you thoroughly enjoyed writing this one out!  long hug
Lashy, sweety, where have you been?? The CV's give us some good episodes. Jodha Beghum has turned a new page. And news of the news, she is accepting her hubby's tentative advances.. and in all this derama, you are missing  No  No separate posts from you?? e na cholbe..  Evil or Very Mad

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-18, 11:55

Spot on, Adiana, except that to my  mind,  it is not passion, but exquisite, delicate, gentle tenderness. The two are quite different,  you will agree. There is no pain, only a kind of yearning coupled with a new found possessiveness.

Again, when Jalal is looking at Jodha with that aarti thali, it is not that he is not there; he is merely lost for a moment when he spots her, and that shows in the startled look in his eyes, followed by a dawning gladness at this unexpected vision.

Immediately thereafter,  when he looks at her, it is with that hesitant possessiveness for the real Jodha, and it is a carryover from the way he caresses her cheek the night before.

But what I loved best of all  was the  MS powerpoint show before he offered her the prasad. He was eating it when the idea dawned on him, and one could see the sudden brightening in his eyes. Next, he weighs the chances of such a gesture being welcome to Jodha Begum: one can see the instant of grave contemplation as well. Then he decides that yes, it will pass without any negative reaction. So his head comes up with some confidence and he picks up a morsel and starts navigating past that horrendous cartwheel!

How can poor Paridhi cope with such effortless subtlety? She can only do bright eyed coyness, whether it is with the aarti thali or when tying  a mannat ka dhaga. And her scenes with Moti are so bad in diction and delivery that it is tough to decide who is worse, and here, remember, we are talking of the present Razzie award winning Moti!

Shyamala 

adianasr
Shyamala, I know a lot of ppl have said a lot on Jalal's caress of Jodha in the aarti scene but let me point out something for all -

This caress of Jodha by Jalal is exactly similar to his caress of her portrait - in fact when she comes in he is lost in his reverie of the picture - hence if you look at him here again you will realise he is not there - and the way he caresses her shows the same passion that we saw from him in the earlier scene - Jalal came back to reality only when she calls out to him.

The scene is very beautifully done thanks to RT's calibre as an actor and his ability to get into the skin of both the character and the situation. The initial Jalal who was caressing Jodha (the one lost in his dream) has that combination of passion and pain in his entirety but the Jalal in real space (who cames back to reality when Jodha calls out to him) has that incredible combination of boldness, bashfulness, control and naughtiness - and this is what makes this scene spectacular.  

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-05-18, 12:05; edited 2 times in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by vinitaj27 on 2014-05-18, 12:00

Hello Shyamalaji,
Thanx for the pm. I just came back from a trip n read ur post. It was amazingly different to read as jodha was being praised here. But honestly I do like this roop of hers which is softer when dealing with jalal yet not mincing any words when it comes to Mahamanga. I liked er for er acceptance of her part in the misunderstanding and helping jalal reduce his guilt n also for standing up to Mahamanga n using harsh words for the first time. I sincerely hope she doesn't try to patch Mahamanga n jalal's relationship. I also felt that she showed hints of unease n jealousy when it came to ruqqaiya. I would love to see her   Act possessive arnd jalal as it would only make her seem more human. Lets see how long we have this jodha before she turns into a saviour of all again.

vinitaj27
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-18, 12:02

Never mind, Sam! Such is my undemanding nature, rather like my Lashykanna's own description of us,the Jodha Akbar audience, that I am content when she reads my  posts and turns up, dodging her inlaws' demands on her time,  to comment on it as well! hpee 

And yes, Lashy, I enjoyed myself writing this. You are getting to be like our Tripti the Chipmunk, you can make that out! And I am delighted that you liked it  so much.

Both of you, do see my response to Adiana above. You will like it.

Shyamala Aunty

Sam_0506
lashy wrote:Wow Aunty.. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post - I also think you thoroughly enjoyed writing this one out!  long hug
Lashy, sweety, where have you been?? The CV's give us some good episodes. Jodha Beghum has turned a new page. And news of the news, she is accepting her hubby's tentative advances.. and in all this derama, you are missing  No  No separate posts from you?? e na cholbe..  Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-05-18, 12:08; edited 1 time in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-18, 12:06

Well, my dear, if you are indeed right, then the show is set for bad times. Do see my response to Adiana above. Shyamala AuntyGreeshma014 wrote:Aunty, paridhi never match with Rajat in acting..pari looks so uncomfortable in romantic scenes..i don't know what to say..But one thing is common between Jalal and pari..nwadays jalal's dialogues starts and end with jodha begum..like dat pari's all sentence is incomplete with my hubby..is dis the same girl who don't wish to talk abt her personal lyfin interviews..?? I felt something wrong...i don't have any problem ,with she talks abt her husband all the time.
But her body language in romantic scenes clearly reveals her disinterest..it looks forced..After dat dream sequence everything changed..May b her hubby and in laws r against doing intimate scenes..i'm not sure.. I'm just guessing..Den how wil dey manage SR scene..i think SR wil b b/w a super romantic Jalal with a highly uncomfortable jodha....

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-18, 12:11

My dear Vinita, A slight correction: it was my Jodha 2 who was being praised! I have always loved her, after the Benazir track in my Sunlight on a Butterfly's Wings post (do look it up if you have not read it) and my  Camelot posts about her as Kajri. I completely agree with all your comments about Jodha 2 on Friday, and let us both keep our fingers crossed for Jodha 1 to stay where she is!Shyamalavinitaj27 wrote:Hello Shyamalaji,
Thanx for the pm. I just came back from a trip n read ur post. It was amazingly different to read as jodha was being praised here. But honestly I do like this roop of hers which is softer when dealing with jalal yet not mincing any words when it comes to Mahamanga. I liked er for er acceptance of her part in the misunderstanding and helping jalal reduce his guilt n also for standing up to Mahamanga n using harsh words for the first time. I sincerely hope she doesn't try to patch Mahamanga n jalal's relationship. I also felt that she showed hints of unease n jealousy when it came to ruqqaiya. I would love to see her   Act possessive arnd jalal as it would only make her seem more human. Lets see how long we have this jodha before she turns into a saviour of all again.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-18, 12:17

My dear Shweta,

I am very pleased to see  you here again, and to know that you liked this one so much.

I am still hoping that Jodha 2 is here to stay; she can always promote more reforms, but gently and subtly, as she used to assert herself as Kajri, when she sidestepped his instructions wihout disobeying them and still saved him from being whipped.

As for the hug scene, it was bound to be awkward, as it is the first time they are getting up close and personal with each other. It was not bad for starters, but she will never be able to match Rajat's Jalal. Do see my response to Adiana above, here or on page 4, Ia am not sure. It will interest you.

Shyamala Aunty

ShwetaGreat post Aunty !

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_0506 on 2014-05-18, 13:07

sashashyam wrote:

Spot on, Adiana, except that to my  mind,  it is not passion, but exquisite, delicate, gentle tenderness. The two are quite different,  you will agree. There is no pain, only a kind of yearning coupled with a new found possessiveness.

Again, when Jalal is looking at Jodha with that aarti thali, it is not that he is not there; he is merely lost for a moment when he spots her, and that shows in the startled look in his eyes, followed by a dawning gladness at this unexpected vision.

Immediately thereafter,  when he looks at her, it is with that hesitant possessiveness for the real Jodha, and it is a carryover from the way he caresses her cheek the night before.

But what I loved best of all  was the  MS powerpoint show before he offered her the prasad. He was eating it when the idea dawned on him, and one could see the sudden brightening in his eyes. Next, he weighs the chances of such a gesture being welcome to Jodha Begum: one can see the instant of grave contemplation as well. Then he decides that yes, it will pass without any negative reaction. So his head comes up with some confidence and he picks up a morsel and starts navigating past that horrendous cartwheel!

How can poor Paridhi cope with such effortless subtlety? She can only do bright eyed coyness, whether it is with the aarti thali or when tying  a mannat ka dhaga. And her scenes with Moti are so bad in diction and delivery that it is tough to decide who is worse, and here, remember, we are talking of the present Razzie award winning Moti!

Shyamala 

adianasr

Aunty, so very well have you elaborated on that small gesture of Jalal's !! Jalal indeed is reveling in the unrestrained responses he's getting from his Beghum Sahiba (I mean the character and not Paridhi). I was watching some old JA episodes today (when RT was leaner and looked more handsome). I watched their Rasgulla feeding scene after their wedding where he just smirked and smirked while feeding her that rasgulla. One could catch the naughtiness with a touch of evil in his eyes. How far he's come on his journey of love. When he fed her that morsel of laddoo on Friday, we could see all those emotions on his face that you have described.

Rajat has done wonders in both the scenes, his evil naughtiness and hesitating advances. But Paridhi, sorry to say, has not changed much. In the old scene, she ate that rasgulla with downcast eyes with straight line of lips. Morsel of laddoo she ate with downcast eyes with curved line of lips. That's it. No hidden aversion to his touch before, nor any sudden delight in his loving gesture now. She's like a stereotypical heroine, whose main job is to look pretty, blush, sing a song and slap the villain.

Sam_0506
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 00:35

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum