Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 241: The Case of the Two Portraits

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 241: The Case of the Two Portraits

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-18, 23:47

Folks,
No, I am not suffering from a Perry Mason hangup! It is just that these last two posts literally called out  for such titles.
In this one, the crucial, and the most compelling scenes, were centred on these two paintings, the one of Jodha, commissioned by Sharifuddin but  which ended up with Jalal,  and the other, commissioned by Ruqaiya, of herself and the Shahenshah. Both, incidentally, done by the same artist, Tabassum, famed for painting according to the description alone, but whose efforts seem to be distinctly erratic in quality. But of this last, more at the end.
Rajat triumphs: In these triangular scenes of Jalal, Jodha and Ruqaiya, the acting honours went hands down to Rajat as Jalal. Let us take just three vignettes of his, two with Jodha and one with Ruqaiya & Jodha and then with Ruqaiya alone.
For starters, after his determinedly weepy look all thru The Embrace, I was profoundly relieved to see a sunnily happy  Jalal ordering that the portrait of Jodha be brought back to his rooms.  But  I could not for the life of me make out why he would still be hesitant – after being at the receiving end of all those lingering come hither glances from Jodha’s kajrare nain,  having had her deliberately entwine his fingers in hers, and having received other such unprecedented encouragement from the dhakka begum – to open up to her about the depth of his feelings. 

But he is strangely reluctant to do so, and seems to prefer conferring with her portrait. I can guess why: the portrait cannot answer back as the real Jodha would , nor will it launch, at the drop of a hat,  into a long, edifying bhashan.  Undoubtedly far more restful for any man! hpee 

The Jodha moments: Be that as it may, Jodha glides into the room unannounced,   with the convenient aarti thali as a credible excuse, and Jalal takes her to be the baandi with the portrait.

He turns, sees Jodha at her simplest best ( though the cartwheel is still very much there, alas!) and is totally lost for a moment. There is a startled look in his eyes, followed by a dawning gladness at this unexpected vision.

This changes,  as he continues to niharofy her, into a kind of hesitant possessiveness, and in a carryover from the way he caresses her cheek the night before, he puts out his hand, almost as if in a trance, and tucks a tendril of wet hair behind Jodha’ ear.

It is not passion, nothing so raw and untamed. It is done with  exquisite, delicate, gentle tenderness.  Nor is there any hesitation, or any lingering  pain, only a kind of yearning for her acceptance of this little caress, coupled with this new found possessiveness.

But what I loved best of all  was the  MS powerpoint show before he offered her the prasad. He was eating it when the idea dawned on him, and one could see the sudden brightening in his eyes. Next, he weighs the chances of such a gesture being welcome to Jodha Begum: one can see the instant of grave contemplation as well. Then he decides that yes, it will pass without any negative reaction. So his head comes up with some confidence and he picks up a morsel and starts navigating past that horrendous cartwheel!

She is taken aback, but then she smiles, and he smiles too, in quiet, reassured delight as he nibbles at the laddu again. Beautiful.

Again, when she is puzzled by the portrait,  the way Jalal looks at her is infinitely endearing, almost as if he was reaching out and holding her close with abundant affection. That look lingers as he explains his relationship of force majeure with her portrait, and it is deeper, and means much more than the heat  of passion ever could.

How can poor Paridhi cope with such effortless subtlety? She can only do shy or bright eyed coyness, whether it is with the aarti thali or when tying  a mannat ka dhaga. And on Friday, her supposedly lighthearted scenes with Moti are so bad in diction and delivery on both sides that it is tough to decide who is worse, and here, remember, we are talking of the present Razzie award winning Moti! hpee 

To revert, when Jodha  asks  Jalal why he needs the portrait now that she is here again–  in a broad hint (our Jodha 2 is getting better at this game! hpee ) that now he can, and should, talk to her – Jalal seems to be getting ready to confess why he needed it. But alas, Ruqaiya arrives, with impeccable timing,  at just the wrong moment. Now I expect it will take Jalal another week to screw his courage to the sticking place and finally come clean!

The Ruqaiya moments: These were superb  in quite a  different way. Jalal is impeccably correct when praising Portrait No.2 and Ruqaiya’s idea of it as a gift for him. If his face is inscrutable as  he looks at it, and if there is no real warmth in his reaction, he hides it well. But the fleeting look  in his eyes  is there for any observant onlooker to gauge: he would definitely have preferred another time.

When Ruqaiya launches  on her disastrous observations, directed unmistakeably at Jodha,  about the postioning of the two portraits – and this after Jalal’s very broad hint about the  importance he attaches to the one of Jodha – the distaste in Jalal’s eyes is all the stronger for being hidden behind a still, almost frozen look. There is a long pause as he gathers himself, eyes lowered,  and when he raises them to deliver a clear, if  low key snub to Ruqaiya, his eyes are bright with latent anger.

Through the whole of this  segment, Jalal ran thru an entire  gamut of feelings,   and Rajat of expressions, and both were a delight to behold.
The fobbing off of Ruqaiya: I do not share the criticism of Jalal for having feigned a headache (the chap is usurping all our feminine prerogatives, from crying on a man’s shoulder to faking  a headache to avoid something distasteful!  hpee ) and sending Ruqaiya off.

In his place, I would not at all have liked the way she talked about Jodha being fit only to be on the side of  his feet.
=======================================================================
NB
: It is another matter altogether that the bulk of the Indian audience, familiar with its Mahabharata, would have immediately spotted the parallel to Arjuna and Duryodhana when they went to seek Lord Krishna's support in the Kurukshetra war, with Jodha being Arjuna.  And would have started laughing at Ruqaiya.

But of course Jalal would not know of this story, despite any sporadic coaching from Rahim! ======================================================================

Given this, I felt that despite the blatant folly of Ruqaiya in making that comment - I cringed when I heard her say that -  Jalal was still admirably patient and unruffled, and put her in her place gently with that remark about each person having her/his own ehmiyat, jagah aur makaam.

As mentioned above, his face was a study before, during, and after he administered that mild reproof, which I am sure the purblind Ruqaiya took to be an endorsement of her very ill-mannered remark.

After that, I too  would have feigned  a headache to get her to go away, and  prevent her from making any more uncalled for snide remarks about Jodha. For Ruqaiya to be jealous is one thing, and it is entirely understandable, but for her to expose herself like this, and that  too in front of Jodha, must have been very embarassing for Jalal. As Ash has noted elsewhere, Jalal hates it when Ruqaiya lowers herself before him. And surely he would hate it even more when she does it in front of Jodha.

Don’t Ruqaiya, don’t!: What I hold against Ruqaiya  is how stupid she is. I am prepared to admire slick villainy, but not such asinine comments and moves which expose her so badly, and that too in front of Jodha. It is then left to Jalal to cover up for her.

How can one believe that this woman ever had enough political savvy to advise Jalal? She now seems to have been dropped on her head.

Incidentally, though I hate to disabuse some of my young friends  of  their sunny confidence in the Begum-e-Khaas, her first fainting fit, knocking down the largest vase she could find so as to make a clatter loud enough to be heard by Jalal inside his rooms,  was a pure fake.

The Hakim Sahiba finds her pulse normal, which is a clear giveaway.  And then  one has only to  recall the sly look on her  face when Hoshiyaar was making concerned enquiries about her health to quell any doubts on that score!

I would not hold that against her; it was quick thinking and a clever move to divert Jalal's attention towards herself. But from that to pretending that she is going to have a baby when she is not will be the pits, for that would be hitting Jalal on his most vulnerable spot, an unbelievably dumb and insensitive thing  to do.

Don’t do it, Ruqaiya, for Heaven’s sake!!

Jodha-Mahaam: For those of you who are relieved that Jodha has taken the gloves off with Mahaam, taking this to mean that she will not try to patch things up between her and Jalal, my advice to them would be not to rejoice too soon. 

Jodha, 2 or 1, is a confirmed do-gooder, this is a trait that is hardwired  inside her. Now, on top of this inbuilt tendency, she is also  desperate to alleviate the pain that Jalal feels at the betrayal by Mahaam. The whole  Rahim-Salima sequence, and Jodha’s thinking to herself about the plight of a  son who has been separated from his mother, is a very clear pointer to her state of mind, and to what she is very likely to do next.

So, if Jodha tomorrow, after a violent, no holds barred blow up with Mahaam, nonetheless  seeks out Jalal and tries to get him to forgive Mahaam and make her his Badiammi again, don’t be shocked, and remember that I warned you that this might well happen. 

If it does happen, Jodha’s clinching argument will be the same as the one she used to get him to pardon Sharifuddin: she was against me, not against my patidev. As Jalal cannot refuse Jodha anything now, it just might work.

What do gooders like Jodha do not understand is that broken china, however skilfully repaired, will never be as it was before: the cracks will always show. Neither will Jalal feel towards his once-again Badiammi as he used to do, nor vice versa. 

Mahaam’s new found determination to unseat Jalal and seat Adham on the throne will be stronger than ever, and she will now have the added advantage, for futhering these nefarious schemes,  of having her powers restored.

And Mahaam will hate Jodha worse than ever before, for there is no vitriol as corrosive as being beholden to the person one detests.

All in all, if Jodha does push thru a full pardon from Jalal for Mahaam,  it will be an even more disastrous a move on her part  than  her getting Sharifuddin freed. 

And I shall order  a nice,  large laurel wreath  for myself! hpee 

Question of the week: Does Tabassum suffer from a split personality syndrome as well?

One personality being the kind of superb artist who could  do the Jodha Lisa, and the other  a dauber who produced the  awful  sketch of the same subject for the early Jalal which he, correctly, consigned to the flames? It would seem so, for the contrast between the excellence of the portrait of Jodha, and the stiff, inadequate likenesses of Ruqaiya and Jalal in the other portrait,  is too glaring to be missed!

Shyamala/Aunty

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-05-19, 00:40; edited 1 time in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 241: The Case of the Two Portraits

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-19, 00:32

Shyamala, when I used the term passion - It was more what poets who sing of Love mean - Not Junoon which too is a form of passion - this is the fire that warms and not burns - it is the yearning of the lover to surround and be surrounded by the beloved - in dance it is the dance of lasya - the shiva tandava - beautiful in its eroticism - and the pain as I termed it is infact what the poets use for this yearning - the yearning of the lover to merge with the beloved - and this passion and pain - arising from the yearning is not raw or untamed or painful (the way pain is thought of) - it is what Ghalib would call as the exquisite dard - on seeing the beloved - when the lover yearning for that Oneness - approaches with exquisite tenderness and gentle possessiveness - infact 2 scenes that come to mind are Dilip Kumar and Madhubala in Mughal-e-azam with that feather and Guru Dutt and Waheeda in Chaudhvin ka Chand in that song Chaudhvin ka chand ho.

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-05-19, 00:38

As for your take on Jodha- maham and Jodha wanting to set things right as usual - i agree - In fact that scene of Salima with Rahim and Jodha's self talk actual made me queasy with this very thought!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-19, 00:38

Yes, of course, my dear Adiana, I understand now. My yearning is your pain. And our words too are the same: exquisite tenderness and gentle possessiveness. Your choice of examples is impeccable. None better could have been even thought of. And all this apart, I cannot remember ever having seen anything from you that was not full of soaring, mystical lyricism. Not one. Shyamalaadianasr wrote:Shyamala, when I used the term passion - It was more what poets who sing of Love mean - Not Junoon which too is a form of passion - this is the fire that warms and not burns - it is the yearning of the lover to surround and be surrounded by the beloved - in dance it is the dance of lasya - the shiva tandava - beautiful in its eroticism - and the pain as I termed it is infact what the poets use for this yearning - the yearning of the lover to merge with the beloved - and this passion and pain - arising from the yearning is not raw or untamed or painful (the way pain is thought of) - it is what Ghalib would call as the exquisite dard - on seeing the beloved - when the lover yearning for that Oneness - approaches with exquisite tenderness and gentle possessiveness - infact 2 scenes that come to mind are Dilip Kumar and Madhubala in Mughal-e-azam with that feather and Guru Dutt and Waheeda in Chaudhvin ka Chand in that song Chaudhvin ka chand ho.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-19, 00:39

Yes, I am now sure that this is exactly what Jodha is going to do, alas! Shyamalaadianasr wrote:As for your take on Jodha- maham and Jodha wanting to set things right as usual - i agree - In fact that scene of Salima with Rahim and Jodha's self talk actual made me queasy with this very thought!!!!!

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-05-19, 01:29

You are God's gift to us Shyamala .. You write so awesomely each amd every time ... Just can not get enough of you ... Dunno how many times I read your previous post waiting patiently for this one

I love you Shyamala
 long hug  hpee 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by varshaakulkarni on 2014-05-19, 02:32

Hello aunty ....  Jodha Akbar 241: The Case of the Two Portraits : What an apt name .....  , I too watched the epi ...  & I completely agree to each & every word you have written ... 

Rajat was as usual a treat to watch ... n as you said the case of the 2 portraits ... indeed it was a case for jalal to fight between ruku n jodha's portraits   ...btw I have certain questions in my mind aunty ...

1) Dont you think that jalal is indirectly shielding ruku & her indecent behavior towards jodha ... i mean why is it always that whatever mistake ruku does is always shielded & guarded by jalal .. ex was the murti kaand where jalal did a private rubaru with  ruku & confronted her .... but same is not the case with jodha , where her mistakes are treated with an utmost tyranny .. i find jalal a bit being biased here .... this is what my observation is ... !!!  

2) Now next question is ... why is jalal still hesitant in showing his love towards jodha & vice versa (is he scared to get slapped with another SKLL ...??) ..... i mean jodha is back becoz she loves jalal right ?? & both know they love each other (p.s this is what I think so ....?? i can tell about jalal , but i am not sure about jodha's love   ... its still a question for me aunty ...!! ) still i see the same awkwardness in them which they had during the badal - kajri track .... 

3) jodha still doesnt look that comfortable in doing a romantic scene ... i dont know aunty... her acting dosent convince me at all.... as i have mentioned in my earlier comment on adia's thread that jodha lacks the X- factor of rendering a wife in love with her husband who is madly in love with his wife .....  you see the spark is missing in her .... i dont have any complaints regarding jalal , but since this is an epic love story , I want to see equal spark & vehemence in them ... but no, it seems all this is in jalal only !!

& now coming to your thoughts on Jodha-Mahaam :   i too fear the same thing aunty ... No , i am not rejoicing, your prediction will unfortunately come true ....i also could sense this when I saw jodha watching salima & rahim .... n i was quite sure that this lady will definitely try to patch up jalal & maham .. to much of our dismay   & HB will be as usual patting her jodha beta for such a wonderful patchup job ....

So aunty , in your words i would like to say buck up for jodha's next pet project "Patch up Jalal & maham" ..... urghhhh !!! surely jodha will be a headache for next 2 weeks !!! with HER busy in patching up rather than concentrating on her love life ... ufff  Evil or Very Mad

I still feel that jalal should shift his love base from jodha to ruqaiyya .... & stay friends with jodha ... becoz she is fit for becoming his best friend & advising him do's & dont's of being a good shehenshah ..... rather ruqaiyya is concentrating on gaining jalal's love .... it'll be a peaceful life for jalal , jodha , ruqaiyya ..... & the viewer's  Wink

varshaakulkarni
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaz713 on 2014-05-19, 05:56

Aunty, I am finally back. I missed reading your posts and will surely go back and leave my comments on them!

You described that Jalal-Jodha-Ruqaiya scene wonderfully! He will face a tough task ahead bringing together the two people he loves the most into a mutual understanding. Jodha is willing to give it a go but Ruqaiya is stuck on disliking the person whom she believes is her life's biggest rival. Who can blame her really? I almost had a strange kind of pride in her when she was ordering the servants around in preparations for the welcoming of Jodha. I feel as if in this instance and in others, her love for Jalal, in the end, will outweigh her "hatred" of Jodha. But of course in such a serial as this, the path to this realization is strewn with stupidity and bad decisions.

Jodha 2.0? It seems as if she has turned over a new leaf - it is a nice reprieve from her usual avatar. But her do-gooder side will surely be put into action in mediating between Maham and Jalal; as you said, that possibility cannot be discounted. Once, just once, I want to see her be mean to Ruqaiya or Maham. It would make my day to see her be mean to someone else besides Jalal! I would be like this when watching:  cheers . Her jibes to Benazir had made my week but now it's time to direct them to someone else!

As for Tabassum, she must be a conflicted painter! Jalal looked horrible in that painting of hers and Ruqaiya was just passable. But that Jodha Lisa is something else altogether.

Jaz713
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by ClearBlueSky on 2014-05-19, 07:22

Great post, Shyamala!

Jekyll and Hyde were at completely opposite levels of morality, which is not the case with Jodha 1 and 2, her two distinct personalities reminds me of Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

ClearBlueSky
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-05-19, 07:57

Aunty
  I loved how u explainted minute changes in jalal's face in that whole, jalal-Jo , jo-jalal-ruk scene..He was brilliant.. Totally agree with ur point.why Jalal hesitant to express his feelings?? Ab muhurat nikalne padenge kya?? Ruk is Mallika-E-dumb in Agra..compared to Ruk , javeda is very very intelligent..and jalal's reaction in dat scene were very well explained by u.
Anyway by dis fake pregnency drama, she'l b out of Jalal's life..i'l feel bad..i'm glad too..iske bad aise dumb Ruk ko nai dekhne padegi na?? Aunty his headache was an excuse, we can't blame him..He knw Ruk wil blabber something against Jo..obvisously he won't like it..same time she don't wish to hurt Ruk too..so he played safe..Our boy is very intelligent..
Aunty, u explained aarti scene very well..no one can beat our Rajat in romantic expressions..He is simply the best.. And jo-Maham scene, Jalal b ready for Bhashan on the topic -Maa ki prem.. hppy

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-05-19, 08:10

Wonderful post Aunty, it's always a delight to read your posts after watching episode  hpee 

As for Jodha patching up Maham-Jalal, I don't see it as a possibility, coz it is only her who believed till the end, that it was Maham who played devil in Ruqaiya's miscarriage...I understand of gajini syndrome but still I believe that she does not see Maham, as her husband's well wisher in true sense...let's wait and watch.

Regarding Jalal being more comfy talking with portrait...sad state for Jodha...remember Aunty, during Badal-Kajri track how Jalal resolved to himself that he wouldn't let silence come between them. But, when in this MU track, he tried to communicate and failed... when he exploded, he unleashed his pain which gave scars to both the soul of Jodha-Jalal....so now I feel he's become quite nervous and unsure of himself..This time it'd to be Jodha who'd to take baby-steps to boost confidence in Jalal, that he can speak to her and tell her anything and everything and she can do this by reciprocating the same gesture...Jalal is low in self-esteem and scared to share now his feelings but I think Jodha will defo make amends for the wrongs which have gone in their relationship...Well I Hope so...Jalal is getting confident, we can see, after how Jodha subtly but surely accepted her husband's physical proximity..slowly, together they'll overcome hurdles. 

Aunty, i hope Cvs don't show Ruqaiya a total dimwit, she should remember what happened with Bakshi in Jodha's FP track.

The trio scene is explained by you superbly...and you did sense the warmth and love with which Jalal looks and talks with Jodha...who would not melt in that love.  luv  Wink

Last edited by mishti on 2014-05-19, 09:25; edited 1 time in total

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-19, 08:34

Shyamala, this Jodha Lisa painting is not from Tabassum if you all remember, this was done by another artist when Shariffuddin was on a run.  Tabassum's masterpiece was sent by BB initially itself, she found this one again in her chamber and ordered Dilawer to send to Jodha, so the quality difference hppy

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by akdha on 2014-05-19, 11:15

Aunty, super post! i donno much about Mahabaratha! so this krishna's story, i am not aware of!! Ruqlal painting was yuck!!! It was something like their face was half washed out! I like this possessive Jalal so much!!

akdha
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Aunty

Post by sunshine-sun on 2014-05-19, 11:30

Great post ..enjoyed reading it .. hpee

sunshine-sun

Back to top Go down

Post by vinitaj27 on 2014-05-19, 11:42

Dear Shyamalaji,
How is ur health now? 
I liked that yearning that rajat showed as jalal when looking at jodha or when tucking her hair but I am among those who prefer men to be the strong and passionate kind. I can only take the soft glances n touches up to a point after which it kind of becomes a drag. It right now almost seems like a dance they r doing. One step forward one step backward with misunderstandings and a million people or things causing hurdles or distraction for the couple. This way I think we will have to wait for another anniversary of theirs to pass before they end up saying i love you to each other. 
I did make a comment on the other forum abt the horrible picture quality of tabbasum's painting. It does not look like jalal at all.
Btw  a lot of people on the forum commented on the positions of the couple in the painting with ruqqaiya sitting on a throne n jalal standing next to her calling it a clear sign of ruqaiya's show of ego. I somehow could not decide either way. What is ur opinion on that?

vinitaj27
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by divyavm on 2014-05-19, 12:02

Aunty, great post as always. Loved your minute observations of Rajat's Jalal.

I also was surprised at Jalal's continued hesitance- except that they have been through a lot recently and CVs need to drag through IPL.

I loved Jalal's handling of Ruq. I found it even more apt that in response to Ruqs saying I will sit at your head that he complained that that very head ached.

As I mentioned in IF, Jodha knows that broken china cannot be fixed but applied it only to Jalal; everyone else is always to be forgiven.

divyavm
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shweta on 2014-05-19, 12:27

Dear Aunty great post !

I'll reply in some time as busy with some work.  hpee 

Aunty it was Jodha who broke the vase after Jalal released her from accusations of Ruq's MC. She said somethings once broken can not be repaired and same is with Trust ! But She shows severe signs of Ghazni effect along with split personality hence no use of remembering old dialogues  Wink 

Shweta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by ngayou on 2014-05-19, 15:45

Aunty, how wonderfully u ve described the nuances in Jalal s face . Loved the MS powerpoint view. To be honest, I haven't been paying much attention to the show or the leads expressions the past couple of weeks, have been so frustrated with the track & Jalal s crybaby face or his overt guilt or Majnu look,  so I missed completely the things u ve described. After reading this, I ll definitely try to rewatch these scenes again.

Regarding Ruqqu, sighhh, time for her to be butchered & they ve well & truly started making her look stupid & mean. I definitely dont want a fake pregnancy drama from her, that ll really pain Jalal, but with these CVs , I ve no hopes zipped . Regarding Ruq faking her fainting spell, I dont know, Aunty, it looked genuine enough to me. But as I said I havent been paying much attention to faces, so I might have missed this truth & as u say Ruq s already digging her own pit.

Jodha being the mediator again & trying to patch up Jalal/MA, this also I definitely dont want to see, but again as u ve said she s a perennial nonthinking Ms. Dogooder, so we might very well be seeing this too & if Jalal again wants to listen to his Jodhu begum & rest his grey cells, what can we do confused .

Hope the coming tracks are more interesting than the past couple of dismal ones & we get to see more of our old assertive Jalal  & less of  a puddly Jalal. After all , where does it say that a man in love should lose his manly qualities completely to prove he s truly in love Rolling Eyes .

Thanks, Aunty, for another very lovely post Thumbsup

ngayou
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-19, 16:35

No, no, Ash. That is not true. The one done by another artist for Sharifuddin, the one whose hand was slashed by Sharifuddin so that he could never again do anything as good, was different. It was in full Rajvanshi regalia, and was a 2/3rds height portrait of Jodha seated, front face, not seen from below up as it is here.

This is the one done by Tabassum for Sharifuddin in his hoojra in Agra, and when they are surprised by BB, Sharifuddin lies, saying that Tabassum was to have made BB's portrait but ended up doing this one as she has Jodha Begum in her zehen! I remember wondering even then how the woman had managed,  keeping in mind her last effort for Jalal, to do anything so very good.

The jealous BB sends the portrait to Jodha thru Dilawar Khan, Sharifuddin intercepts him and wants it taken back, but Jalal lands up just then, and Sharifuddin lies that BB had it made for Jalal and it goes to Jalal. Then Hb confiscates it, later returns it, and it  is parked in Jodha's rooms.

So you see, the mystery of the inconsistency of Tabassum remains!  hpee 

The Ruqaiya-Jalal once is very poor, but then so was the first one of Jalal that she did for Smiley ‘s Ruqaiya

Shyamala

aashyaghShyamala, this Jodha Lisa painting is not from Tabassum if you all remember, this was done by another artist when Shariffuddin was on a run.  Tabassum's masterpiece was sent by BB initially itself, she found this one again in her chamber and ordered Dilawer to send to Jodha, so the quality difference hppy

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-19, 16:48

Let me take the last point first, my dear Vinita. It was very silly of Ruqaiya to have shown herself seated and Jalal standing, In any traditional portrait of  a couple in the old days, even my parents and definitely my grandparents, the man would be seated and  the woman would be standing behind or beside him.

If it was like that for ordinary couples, here Jalal is an emperor. His begums are all below him in rank, so how can he stand while Ruqaiya is seated? Remember the montage of the Jalal-Jodha Shahi Shaadi? It showed Jalal seated in full imperial regalia, and Jodha, again fully decked up, standing to his right, slightly behind him.

As for the rest, I can see that you want Jalal to be a rough and tough Rhett to literally sweep Jodha off her feet. I too feel like that at times, and I would have liked to see how Jodha responded to real passion from a man who was her husband. But they cannot explore that avenue here on TV, and then again, this Jalal wants to be accepted by her of her own accord, not to push her into it willy nilly. So we re stuck with this milksop of a man!

Plus, I can bet you anything that the eventual romance will be of a piece with all that you are bemoaning now, given this mismatched pairing of Rajat's Jalal with a blank faced Jodha incapable of showing any deep romantic feelings, not to speak of passion.

The Tatasky synopsis for the whole of this coming week reads as follows: Jalal tells Rukhsana that he can no longer wait to see Jodha (whatever that means, and who is this Rukhsana? I thought she was Rukhsar Begum?)

Shyamala

vinitaj27Dear Shyamalaji,
How is ur health now? 
I liked that yearning that rajat showed as jalal when looking at jodha or when tucking her hair but I am among those who prefer men to be the strong and passionate kind. I can only take the soft glances n touches up to a point after which it kind of becomes a drag. It right now almost seems like a dance they r doing. One step forward one step backward with misunderstandings and a million people or things causing hurdles or distraction for the couple. This way I think we will have to wait for another anniversary of theirs to pass before they end up saying i love you to each other. 
I did make a comment on the other forum abt the horrible picture quality of tabbasum's painting. It does not look like jalal at all.
Btw  a lot of people on the forum commented on the positions of the couple in the painting with ruqqaiya sitting on a throne n jalal standing next to her calling it a clear sign of ruqaiya's show of ego. I somehow could not decide either way. What is ur opinion on that?

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by smitha.raj.125 on 2014-05-19, 21:26

I thought exactly the same reg. Jodha and Mahaam.

Well its an EK show, so  bound to happen

Thanks for the pm chechi

smitha.raj.125
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-19, 22:02

sashashyam wrote:

No, no, Ash. That is not true. The one done by another artist for Sharifuddin, the one whose hand was slashed by Sharifuddin so that he could never again do anything as good, was different. It was in full Rajvanshi regalia, and was a 2/3rds height portrait of Jodha seated, front face, not seen from below up as it is here.

This is the one done by Tabassum for Sharifuddin in his hoojra in Agra, and when they are surprised by BB, Sharifuddin lies, saying that Tabassum was to have made BB's portrait but ended up doing this one as she has Jodha Begum in her zehen! I remember wondering even then how the woman had managed,  keeping in mind her last effort for Jalal, to do anything so very good.

The jealous BB sends the portrait to Jodha thru Dilawar Khan, Sharifuddin intercepts him and wants it taken back, but Jalal lands up just then, and Sharifuddin lies that BB had it made for Jalal and it goes to Jalal. Then Hb confiscates it, later returns it, and it  is parked in Jodha's rooms.

The Ruqaiya-Jalal once is very poor, but then so was the first one of Jalal that she did for Smiley ‘s Ruqaiya

Shyamala

aashyaghShyamala, this Jodha Lisa painting is not from Tabassum if you all remember, this was done by another artist when Shariffuddin was on a run.  Tabassum's masterpiece was sent by BB initially itself, she found this one again in her chamber and ordered Dilawer to send to Jodha, so the quality difference hppy
But Shyamala, when BB looks at this portrait, didn't BB say that, phir se Shariffudinji ne ek aur taster banality, because she had sent the first portrait already and we really do not know where that pic is BtW.  And I need to search for the epi where he got the pic done

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-20, 03:27

shyamala, i love your sense of humor, it makes it easier for me to tolerate the illogical tracks and dialogues..! the approaching of fake preg track is as if a meteorite can fall on earth anytime!..and then this maham cave mystery..which might be linked with shehnaaz ki history..and then jodha jalal chemistry in itself is becoming history..now where to look for solace..only in rajat's acting!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-05-20, 10:02

mandygi wrote:shyamala, i love your sense of humor, it makes it easier for me to tolerate the illogical tracks and dialogues..! the approaching of fake preg track is as if a meteorite can fall on earth anytime!..and then this maham cave mystery..which might be linked with shehnaaz ki history..and then jodha jalal chemistry in itself is becoming history..now where to look for solace..only in rajat's acting!

I feel, there will be no fake pregnancy track Mandy, as per article (which was more like prediction based on some insider), they said once Jalal and Jodha will be disturbed as he will go to save Rahim, but they were not disturbed, but he did go to save Rahim and once again he will go as Ruq's will be sick and pregnancy news will be revealed, but Ruq's fell due to which they were disturbed, and here I see that, due to Rahim/Shehnaz, Jalal yells at JOdha and it is on their anniversary, so now Jodha will be upset, and our Jalal will manofy her and confession can happen

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-20, 11:20

Yes, Ash, she did say that, but it was exactly the same portrait as the supposedly 'wrong' one Tabassum was supposed to have done. I think Sharifuddin intercepted the messenger and retrieved it when BB had sent it across to Jodha's hoojra.

The  main point in that when Tabassum was painting it and BB came in unexpectedly, the portrait on the easel was the  same as the Jodha Lisa.

But do check out that old episode after Sharifuddin escapes at the end of the BB track. I am sure that was a more normal, straight looking and much more richly bejewelled  portrait than this one, plus the face was smaller and there was much more of the figure. Let me know if my memory is ok or it has been playing tricks with me! hpee 

But such gaping bloomers are common here. Just look at Jodha yesterday talking of a "moti" having fallen out of her kangan, and then the missing gem is a diamond!

Again, she says Jalal gave it to her at their wedding one year ago, and yet she is shown lajate sharmate and delighted with it as he slips in on her wrist, whereas in those days she would have been spitting "ghrina" at him!

It is all so loosely done that it is past praying for! But what I liked last night was Jalal's almost convincing bit of derring do to save Rahim, while all the sipahis stood around like dummies, swords aloft!
Shyamala

aashyagh
sashashyam wrote:

Shyamala

But Shyamala, when BB looks at this portrait, didn't BB say that, phir se Shariffudinji ne ek aur taster banality, because she had sent the first portrait already and we really do not know where that pic is BtW.  And I need to search for the epi where he got the pic done

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum