Latest topics

Jodha Akbar to go off air, Paridhi roped in for Ekta's next?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar to go off air, Paridhi roped in for Ekta's next?

Post by candy on 2014-05-23, 15:48

Of late there were reports on Paridhi Sharma's (Jodha of Jodha Akbar) not so good rapport with the show's director Santaram as reportedly, the actress accused him of mental harassment.

Now, moving ahead, we have something interesting to share with our readers. If sources are to be believed then Paridhi Sharma has signed Ekta Kapoor's next show for Colors. Yes! you read it right. "The show which is titled as Meri Aashiqui Tumhi Se Hai, will have Paridhi Sharma playing the parallel lead in the show," said a source.

Well, this piece of information has raised several questions in our minds. Is Paridhi Sharma about to leave the show? Is she being replaced by the makers? Or is Jodha Akbar about to end?

On the other hand we also hear that this Balaji Telefilms's show on Colors is scheduled to go on air on 7th of July, 2014. That means the makers have two months to shape Jodha Akbar's storyline and decide on their decision to rope Paridhi for this Colors' shows.

The rest of the cast for the show is Sarita Joshi, Shakti Arora, Maleeka R Ghai and Nitin Vakaria. When contacted, Paridhi Sharma said, "It's not confirmed to me yet, May be I am doing."

TOI

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar to go off air, Paridhi roped in for Ekta's next?

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 15:54

Not that surprised

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-05-23, 15:58

its so high on trps why will they end the show maybe they might replace Jodha but after SR  hppy 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-05-23, 16:25

Zu .. hppy Jo to be replaced after SR ..
hppy

but EK has told oly Paridhi can be her Jodha.. So no replacement factor .. May be this makes way for the new show

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-05-23, 16:30

candy wrote:Zu .. :lollol:Jo to be replaced after SR ..
hppy

but EK has told oly Paridhi can be her Jodha..  So no replacement factor .. May be this makes way for the new show

kekta changes rules acc to trps its one of her most recent hits so lets see what she does

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 17:50

zuzana wrote:
candy wrote:Zu .. :lollol:Jo to be replaced after SR ..
hppy

but EK has told oly Paridhi can be her Jodha..  So no replacement factor .. May be this makes way for the new show

kekta changes rules acc to trps its one of her most recent hits so lets see what she does

I too hope , PS gets replaced rather than the show shutting down.. A girl who is shorter than Rajat, slimmer n who has repertoire in her acting...  Ashwini, Rajat, Parag are delivering their characters with nuances ... unfortunately same cannot be said of Jodha.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-23, 17:51

oh guys
this is ekta's signature publicity stunt
she ropes in her favourite and popular heroines to do a cameo in her new serials to get trp's
like prachi did in the kasautii
also, this is the serial where gauri tejwani (hope spelling's right) is doing a comeback as the lead...
i've read this is a telefilm not a full fledged daily soap
nothing to worry... this means ekta is impressed with pari
ekta won't let her baby, her best serial suffer this way
so chill
i'd be excited to see pari in a new role

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 18:13

Jiggy wrote:oh guys
she ropes in her favourite and popular heroines to do a cameo in her new serials to get trp's
also, this is the serial where gauri tejwani (hope spelling's right) is doing a comeback as the lead...
so chill

Actually No.. Its a show... will be taking over 9:30 slot ... replacing Uttaran which has been moved.. Shakti Vora is the lead .. it is called  Humein tumse aashiqui hai ..

JA may or may not end... Me thinks Zee will not cull its milking cow.  As regards Paridhi.. She has not been confirmed fr parallel lead...in case she does get  the role... BT can schedule it well.. they are an experts on tht.. (Pack off Jodha on tirth yatra) else, she may replace the actor..bas

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-23, 18:16

@tants
hmm... its your opinion but frankly i'd leave the show if either pari or rajat quit
as for your demands of 'the perfect Jodha'
shorter? does it really matter
both have almost same height...or you want zakira as jo ROFL
slimmer? same goes for rt then
nuanced actor? agreed mathura/amer weren't her best
but since jo's back in agra (or since pari's back from vacation) she's been excellent again
didn't you notice how her voice modulated b/w husky and soft at dargah, the hugs, the surang, jail scene etc etc
i'd write more but my phone has a word limit Bang 
no hard feelings

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 18:23

Jiggy wrote:@tants
hmm... its your opinion but frankly i'd leave the show if either pari or rajat quit
but since jo's back in agra (or since pari's back from vacation) she's been excellent
didn't you notice how her voice modulated b/w husky and soft at dargah, the hugs, the surang, jail scene etc etc

Well, I am character oriented rather than actor oriented ..if the actor delivers the character for me.. then I can watch ..

Yes height matters when u are shooting fr romance sequence.. VERTICALLY  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil ..Horizontally it does not matter .. N if pairing did not matter ...then obviously .. there would not have to be auditions..They cud just pick 2, lump them together n say act...

in MY opinion... Paridhi is not consistent, one good scene cannot obliterate the mediocrity acting of whole episode .. She has to be consistent like the Kajri track or Dawalgarh track ...  Right now, she is making set faces for requisite emotions..the day she manages to bring in nuances n subtler variation, I'll accept that she is doing good.. For now..she is average

and U know what I think about the "Hugs" ... Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-05-23, 18:27

so chill
Jiggy I agree with you and to add on not quite recently we all head this same media saying that Ekta has quit JA becos of that group protest maybe also this was the agreement they had with this group that the show would be wrap up by July if the media is to be trusted at all.

If Paridhi is such a trouble in JA why would Ekta rope her in another show and not just part way with her or when the one she is in has not ended. Well if she leaves JA I would be very pleased and relieved so Rajat Fans would leave her alone. What is this most would jump on her neck any time they hear a negative news without concrete prove and be on her case till thy kingdom come as though all the woes of Jodha Akbar is created by Paridhi.  This is very annoying.

And am sorry if I offend anyone but this is just too much.

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 18:30

Tanthya wrote:
but since jo's back in agra (or since pari's back from vacation) she's been excellent

Well, I am character oriented rather than actor oriented ..if the actor delivers the character for me.. then I can watch ..

Yes height matters when u are shooting fr romance sequence.. VERTICALLY  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil ..Horizontally it does not matter .. N if pairing did not matter ...then obviously .. there would not have to be auditions..They cud just pick 2, lump them together n say act...

in MY opinion... Paridhi is not consistent, one good scene cannot obliterate the mediocrity acting of whole episode .. She has to be consistent like the Kajri track or Dawalgarh track ...  Right now, she is making set faces for requisite emotions..the day she manages to bring in nuances n subtler variation, I'll accept that she is doing good.. For now..she is average

P:S : U gotta remember that jalal was planned around Abhinav Reiki originally, Rajat was last min find  hpee .. Abihnav is Tall, taller than PS

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-23, 18:36

Tanthya wrote:
so chill

Actually No.. Its a show... will be taking over 9:30 slot ... replacing Uttaran which has been moved.. Shakti Vora is the lead .. it is called  Humein tumse aashiqui hai ..

JA may or may not end... Me thinks Zee will not cull its milking cow.  As regards Paridhi.. She has not been confirmed fr parallel lead...in case she does get  the role... BT can schedule it well.. they are an experts on tht.. (Pack off Jodha on tirth yatra) else, she may replace the actor..bas
ok on laptop finally hpee  (see, now i can use more emoticons than rofl, lol, hug or love) ROFL 
i though show's name was meri aashiki tumse hi...
anyhoo
my point is ekta is notorious for taking her popular ectresses to do a cameo in her new serials to gain trp's... she's cashing in on her popularity to get viewers and trp
And i highly doubt, nay, i don't believe that Ekta would replace pari when she herself is giving her a small role in her own serial...
neither would Pari be such a fool to leave a show where she's the lead and take up  one where she's neither the lead nor the show is at the top...
also i'm quoting thoughts of a friend of mine...
if Ekta has deliberately done this it may be to help Paridhi. If the JA director is acting up too much, Paridhi may get some relief if she is in some other team also and feels the change now and then! Then Santram also will have to act carefully with paridhi and properly schedule her time instead of wasting her time!

anyway... it'll be extra money for pari and she'll also get to play diverse roles

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-23, 18:40

Nanayaa623 wrote:
so chill
Jiggy I agree with you and to add on not quite recently we all head this same media saying that Ekta has quit JA becos of that group protest maybe also this was the agreement they had with this group that the show would be wrap up by July if the media is to be trusted at all.

If Paridhi is such a trouble in JA why would Ekta rope her in another show and not just part way with her or when the one she is in has not ended. Well if she leaves JA I would be very pleased and relieved so Rajat Fans would leave her alone. What is this most would jump on her neck any time they hear a negative news without concrete prove and be on her case till thy kingdom come as though all the woes of Jodha Akbar is created by Paridhi.  This is very annoying.

yup nanayaa....
agree with you.... long hug 
geared for tonight's episode??
oh and sis you read mansi's take today....?? good huh? hpee

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchu on 2014-05-23, 18:41

tants...........don't mind........b8 pari is fittest in this role...........yaa i know that due to height problem.there mey occur some problems in the romantic scenes...........b8 tants...........if pari is replaced.........then definately show will have to suffer a huge lass of viewers.........guys........the main USP of this serial is not only RT's charisma......or pari's beauty........the main usp of this serial is thir chemistry.......we r n8 watching AKBAR.........it is JODHA-AKBAR................so the main attraction of this serial is the both leads yaar......the both r equally neede 4 d serial..........it doesn't matter......btween them two who will leave the show.........b8 if anyone of them will leave the show...........it will seriously be drastic...........bcoz.......tants.......new leads will never be able to give that old charm of RT-PS.........yaa i know u can stand with ur point that previously there r so many serials.specially in kekta's serial.where the main lead has been replaced.b8 the show is going well..........b8 in this case........this is somehow different.......it's a historic love saga........people has loved them in their historic character.........for them Jo means PS........so if here either jalal or jo will be replace........the serial will face a huge viewer loss........means economical loss.......

Sanchu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 18:48

Jiggy wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
so chill

ok on laptop finally hpee  (see, now i can use more emoticons than rofl, lol, hug or love) ROFL 
anyhoo
my point is ekta is notorious for taking her popular ectresses to do a cameo in her new serials to gain trp's... she's cashing in on her popularity to get viewers and trp
And i highly doubt, nay, i don't believe that Ekta would replace pari when she herself is giving her a small role in her own serial...
neither would Pari be such a fool to leave a show where she's the lead and take up  one where she's neither the lead nor the show is at the top...
if Ekta has deliberately done this it may be to help Paridhi. If the JA director is acting up too much, Paridhi may get some relief if she is in some other team also and feels the change now and then! Then Santram also will have to act carefully with paridhi and properly schedule her time instead of wasting her time!

anyway... it'll be extra money for pari and she'll also get to play diverse roles

watevaa .. I only know Aashiqui comes there * Aditya Roy Kapoor effect , U See  hppy  hppy *

I am not acquainted with BT's recent business tactics, Jigs.. But  I know that Ekta is a risk taker , shrewd operator ..  Ekta ahs taken Ronit Roy, Hiten  and all to do cameos.. and she has had no qualms in changing/altering the concept of show itself if TRP pays * remember Kayamath show* ..

EKta might have shifted PS to another show bec she likes paridhi or bec she is planning an end/change . I am also seeing that she is refusing to change Santram  ( if the allegations are true) ..Assuming that EKta is doing this to protect PS does not hold water as PS will be shooting under the same director on her return.The allegation was that Santram makes her wait indefinitely and not that He summons her everyday, even on days when she is not required ...Besides I wonder how PS will manage Karjat and Mumbai.. the commute will eat up her time n energy ..which means that her role will diminish a lot in JA  (which is not possible as Jodha is the equal partner)  or there is going to be a change of actor or the show is coming to an end.

paridhi will be paid for shoot days ..ofc..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 18:54

Sanchu wrote:tants...........don't mind........b8 pari is fittest in this role...........yaa i know that due to height problem.there mey occur some problems in the romantic scenes...........b8 tants...........if pari is replaced.........then definately show will have to suffer a huge lass of viewers.........guys........the main USP of this serial is not only RT's charisma......or pari's beauty........the main usp of this serial is thir chemistry.......we r n8 watching AKBAR.........it is JODHA-AKBAR................so the main attraction of this serial is the both leads yaar......the both r equally neede 4 d serial..........it doesn't matter......btween them two who will leave the show.........b8 if anyone of them will leave the show...........it will seriously be drastic...........bcoz.......tants.......new leads will never be able to give that old charm of RT-PS.........yaa i know u can stand with ur point that previously there r so many serials.specially in kekta's serial.where the main lead has been replaced.b8 the show is going well..........b8 in this case........this is somehow different.......it's a historic love saga........people has loved them in their historic character.........for them Jo means PS........so if here either jalal or jo will be replace........the serial will face a huge viewer loss........means economical loss.......

I don't mind, Sanchu bitiya ...  we cannot say anything until Paridhi is replaced for sure... Ronit Roy made much better Virani than the previous guy while Gautami made poorer  Tulsi than Smriti Irani.. All 4 were competent actor.. but while one replacement clicked, the other did not .. So we cannot say until change happens whether it will work or not..

Plus.. I do not think.. Paridhi has accepted that role yet.. so all this is speculations only..

The serial may gain new viewer base too ..

As it is ..Jodha akbar lost its slot leader position from Y'day.. Ek Hasina thi has replaced Jodha Akbar as Slot leader ... plus the TRP of EHT is increasing every week.. unless JA bucks up, gets its house in order .. stabilizes its TRP ... then it has chance..if JA continues to slide...maybe.. it will come to a natural end with Akdha n Salim ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-23, 18:57

Tanthya wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

P:S : U gotta remember that jalal was planned around Abhinav Reiki originally, Rajat was last min find  hpee .. Abihnav is Tall, taller than PS
i think it was avinesh rekhi.... who, in my opinion, can't act to save his life Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 
thank gosh it was rajat... hpee 
also... i believe ekta is very particular about casting... he could have been shortlisted... but being the final lead and then replaced... hard for me to digest this last choice first choice thingy..... (and i read that article by TOI too, where avinesh had denied about considering jalal's role... small mercies)

and well to each his own.... i consider both pari and rajat as excellent actors doing utmost justice to their characters.... (a huge flashing red sign proclaims this to be jiggs opinion)

and yeah i know what you feel about hugs... thanda thanda cool cool....  hppy 
but seriously... really... i loved the hugs.... Embarassed  Embarassed 

@underlined
ahem..... Embarassed  Embarassed  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-23, 18:59

Tanthya wrote:
Jiggy wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
so chill

anyhoo

watevaa .. I only know Aashiqui comes there * Aditya Roy Kapoor effect , U See  hppy  hppy *

I am not acquainted with BT's recent business tactics, Jigs.. But  I know that Ekta is a risk taker , shrewd operator ..  Ekta ahs taken Ronit Roy, Hiten  and all to do cameos.. and she has had no qualms in changing/altering the concept of show itself if TRP pays * remember Kayamath show* ..

EKta might have shifted PS to another show bec she likes paridhi or bec she is planning an end/change . I am also seeing that she is refusing to change Santram  ( if the allegations are true) ..Assuming that EKta is doing this to protect PS does not hold water as PS will be shooting under the same director on her return.The allegation was that Santram makes her wait indefinitely and not that He summons her everyday, even on days when she is not required ...Besides I wonder how PS will manage Karjat and Mumbai.. the commute will eat up her time n energy ..which means that her role will diminish a lot in JA  (which is not possible as Jodha is the equal partner)  or there is going to be a change of actor or the show is coming to an end.

oh i'm VERY well acquanted with the aditya roy kapoor effect tants.... i have numerous baby sisters and well.... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  hppy 
anyhoo..... i'll scream BAS like jalal or else we'll be debating till 3 at night..... agree to disagree....erm... wherever its that we disagree.... long hug  long hug

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanayaa623 on 2014-05-23, 19:06

Jiggy wrote:
Nanayaa623 wrote:
so chill

yup nanayaa....
agree with you.... long hug 
geared for tonight's episode??
oh and sis you read mansi's take today....?? good huh? hpee
Oh dear I am fired up and waiting impatiently   :lollol:I just felt choked early when this news greeted me this morning but am more relaxed now.

I think there should be another award the most controversial TV serial of the Year. So JA can win it and give it to Paridhi since she seems to be the sacrificial lamb all the time in most recent cases.

And I don't see the reason why people compare her with Rajat when he is more experience and she is just in the middle of her best and more to come. We should not despise the beginning of things. Some may start slowly but can and may have the ability to overtake others when given opportunity.

Nanayaa623
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanchu on 2014-05-23, 19:07

what!!!!!!!!avinash rekhi was chosen 4 akbar!!!!!!! affraid  affraid  affraid than stonic faced person.....oh god.maine aaj tak uske tin serials mein koi expression dekhi hi nehi..... hppy  hppy 
& tants, jiggs........apni dimaag ko thanda thanda cool cool rakho..........aur waise bhi ye ekta ki business hai.& business mein sirf profit ho dekhi jati hai......aur viewers lakshmi hai iss business.......so i think ekta will not take such drastic step..for which viewers will be highly dissapponted.........so fikr cvs ko hona chahiye..hume nehi......actually bolo humara kya kaam hai.........humare paas remotes hai.so hum jab jo chahe tab wo serial dekh sakte hain..........balki tension to PH ke hai........ki woh log hume iss serial ko dikha sake aur hum woh dekhe...........so just chillax........ hpee  hpee

Sanchu
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 19:13

Jiggy wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

i think it was avinesh rekhi.... who, in my opinion, can't act to save his life Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 
thank gosh it was rajat... hpee 
also... i believe ekta is very particular about casting... he could have been shortlisted... but being the final lead and then replaced... hard for me to digest this last choice first choice thingy..... (and i read that article by TOI too, where avinesh had denied about considering jalal's role... small mercies)

and well to each his own.... i consider both pari and rajat as excellent actors doing utmost justice to their characters.... (a huge flashing red sign proclaims this to be jiggs opinion)

and yeah i know what you feel about hugs... thanda thanda cool cool....  hppy 
but seriously... really... i loved the hugs.... Embarassed  Embarassed 

@underlined
ahem..... Embarassed  Embarassed  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

I only remembered Rekhi  cuz it rhymed with reiki  Twisted Evil ..Have had no pleasure of watching him.. so have no idea about his acting... and I cannot comment on that ..

Yes, Origami could have been shortlisted n he might have opted out or declined.. Rajat has been the in house boy of BT.. He stepped in for that detective show too , did not he?/ plus he was there in  Harshad  Chopra's show too.. so in  a way, he was and is a ghar ka murga..

I prefer or preferred Ruqaiyya and Jalal's romance.. but honestly..off late the standards have fallen and are falling ..Is it cuz of the myriad controversy, the distance or fatigue..I donno..but there is a severe depletion of quality ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-23, 19:20

Jiggy wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Jiggy wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

anyhoo

oh i'm VERY well acquanted with the aditya roy kapoor effect tants.... i have numerous baby sisters and well.... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  hppy 
anyhoo..... i'll scream BAS like jalal or else we'll be debating till 3 at night..... agree to disagree....erm... wherever its that we disagree.... long hug  long hug

*hastily*... ARK is ur's..Jiggly Jiggy.... Me don't warm up to electricity Khamba with a curly mop  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil ..

debate karne main maza hai, jaan esp when we know that we both do not have any malice for the actors or each other ... plus debates  are like spice of life.. one should indulge in it too ..

Amen to that and RESPECT !!  long hug  long hug  long hug

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggy on 2014-05-23, 19:32

@tants
typing chhup chhup ke from phone...
oh i have no problem to debate till 3 in the morning
but my parents, my exams and my laptop do... have a problem that is...
and... ROFL kya description dala ARK ka... seriously rofling

Jiggy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 22:03

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum