Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 247: Double descent

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 247: Double descent

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 11:30

I am sure he will, Munni dear, and I am just waiting for him to hit the big screen. He is not meant to be playing male roles in TV serials. He has got the pick of them so far, but I cannot see this streak of luck continuing, plus he belongs in films.
As I wrote, Mandy dearest,  his weight problem, even if it is deliberate, is peanuts compared to the huge one faced by a 240 lbs. Arjun Kapoor,so I am sure he can tackle it easily when the time comes.

Shyamala Aunty

munnironyAunty nd mandy dont wrry about rajat's weight. I also strongly believe tht putting up weight is just a part of his character. Once JA gets over he will definitely pull up his socks nd will be back in shape. I had followed him since prc days. He always has been fitness freak. So he will never compromise. I also think he was told to put on weight to look older than his age. Infact he had started to loose weight so I think within few months it will get even better.  Now a days weight loss is not a big issue  as u said if arjun nd sonam kapoor can do it why not rajat?

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 11:34

Jeannie and Greeshma, my dears, DO watch it, if only for laughs, which are bound to carry over into the Saturday mahaepisode!
Which I rather liked, by the way, once I had managed to forget the Jalal-Jodha scenes. What with the hidden sketches on that map of Mahaam's, a nice Borgia-style poisoning and the mysterious Chand Begum. Plus Jalal (or at least I hope that too is not shown to be Jodha Begum's brainwave!) at last thinking of something on his own and getting Tabassum to make that Chand Begum's portrait.
I do wish they would dispense with the Jalal-Jodha pseudo-romance and get on with other things. But NOT Ruqaiya in the hamam with Jalal playing  a hamam attendant and massaging her fake shoulder stiffness.

Shyamala Aunty

Greeshma014 
JeannieJA wrote:Vishesh Tippani about todays episode  hpee did not watch, read the LU  hpee 
first scene jo preparing a bath for ruqs and ruqs getting in asking for jallu, jo sends a bandhi to bring jallu, he comes and ruqs asks him to sit near her and he does on the edge and she says her neck hurts and asks him to massage and he does 
then jo yapping with moti and zakira outside while collecting some jadibuti  jobless jallu comes there and tells her to also spend time with him and not to keep being with everyone else and holds her waist,  Wink 
jallu takes jo away and gives her a gift and jo hugs him and then precap happens... jo madam does kiss jallu but it was not shown... camera angle at work as expected  and jallu shocked and jo runs away  
ruqs & bakshi talking in ruqs room and jo comes there and bakshi goes away without saying bye and jo runs behind her asking why wont she talk to him but bb goes away rudely with Jo wondering what she did wrong 
precap - jo, zakira and moti out somewhere when somebody puts a letter in jo's palkhi... zakira reads it saying chanda begum is in trouble 
this will happen in ME 2morrow i guess

just went online to check the waist holding scene to see if its PS and bhagwan what crappy dialogues  jallu saying aapne dil diya aur aapne hi sikhaya ki sab kuch jung mein nahi seekh sakte, aaphi ne sipahi se insaan banaya  okay he just lightly holds the side of her waist like you would for a dance but waist ka close up maybe cannot be hers coz jab full view they show only camera side mein pakda hai usne 
yesterday when he came to her room she still said "aap yahan?" and today when he takes her to his room she asks "Shehenshah aap humein yahan kyun leke aaye hai?"  he gifts her radha kishen ka coins  oh and the hug is also bro-sis wala 
 she gave him an air kiss  his face and her back of the head is shown  PS madam has problems with kissing RT on the cheek also... Wow what epic love story  Bang 
guys pls tell me SR hua ki nahi???  he was so shocked and happy that she cheek/air kissed him 
okay bas aur nahi dekha 
Thanks dear..tumne mujhe yeh episode dekhne se bacha liya...hugss....Btw Ruk in hamam khana..i always love to see her in hamam..but not goin to watch it..

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 11:44

Lovely, Adiana dearest. What a refreshing glimpse of a very sharp mind at work! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Why don't you transfer or at least copy your Akbar's greatness thread here? At least we  can have a candid and unfettered discussion going, without having to constantly look over our shoulders at the DT with their pitchfork, breathing fire and brimstone?

Disclaimer: The comparison to The Fallen Angel is purely  intentional!! Probably they have cloven feet as well, and  a forked tail!

Shyamala

adianasr   Guys do read this - this is pure economics - (Source: Fr. Monserrate)

1580 Monserrate: 207
Moreover, he [Akbar] allows no bankers or money-changers in his empire except the superintendents and tellers of the royal treasuries. This enormous banking-business brings the King great profit; for at these royal treasuries alone may gold coin be changed for silver or copper, and vice versa.

The government officers are paid in gold, silver or copper accord- ing to their rank. Thus it comes about that those who are paid in one type of coin need to change some of it into another type.

Such means of increasing the revenue may be thought base, but they have two distinct advantages:
1) for the coinage cannot possibly be debased or adulterated; and
2) the rate of internal exchange is kept constant, since it cannot be manipulated by fraudulent money-changers.

Moreover, as all the money in circulation comes eventually to the royal treasuries, there can be no scarcity of money with consequent high prices.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-02, 12:15

Aunty actually im not worried about his weight but  im worried about his height. I know even amir khan is also short but now a days most of the new comers r tall. I really hope tht doesn't effect his future. People often laugh about his height nd voice which clearly suggests tht people look at other aspects besides talent.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 12:24

My dears,
1) Don't get your hopes up about a new Jodha, which would of course be something devoutly to be desired. Things would have to come to an impasse before that happens, as it did with Sonarika, the earlier Parvati in DKDM. We are not there yet in Jodha Akbar.
2) I do not care if Paridhi is to blame or not, Jaz my dear, I am only exasperated by the kind of pseudo-romantic scenes that are being dished out these days.

A hug looks like a contortonist’s exercise, with the bodies at least 1 ½ feet apart at the midriff. I am regularly in stitches seeing him trying hard to stay as far away from her body as he can, even when he hugs her.  hpee 

The same when Jodha carefully puts her head on Jalal’s shoulder, I have not seen love scenes like this since the Balraj Sahni-Nirupa Roy elderly couple days!

Not to speak of the close ups of their faces approaching each other - with her cartwheel of a nose ring filling the screen! - for God knows what! hpee  It is beyond ridiculous.

And that cheek kiss the other day was the ruddy limit, as was Jalal’s  fatuous response to it. If that was a first for him, which was what they sought to convey, what the devil did the two of them do all night on Monday? Talk about the  child marriage and slavery abolition? Or about the whole range of Jodha's leps?  hpee 

But let us deduce from the unquestionable facts. Rajat is NOT  uncomfortable doing romantic scenes even as sensuous as those shown in the pre-dhakka fantasy. He hugs Lavina with real warmth, and their emotional scenes together during the Tabassum track looked genuine.

In  the pre-dhakka fantasy, Paridhi too seemed perfectly comfortable. Her reactions were spot on. It follows from that if she wants to do it, she can do it.

From this, it follows that since she is NOT doing it now, it is deliberate on her part. So it IS her fault. Or that of her husband and/or inlaws. Let us not fudge this self-evident fact. And Ekta’s, for letting her get away with this sort of thing.

3) I agree with Jaz that sizzling romantic scenes are not the be all and end all of a serial, and in any case too much sensuality on screen makes an old fashioned  person like me uncomfortable. But there has to be something else, some sensible conversation, some emotional connect.

But the Jodha-Jalal scenes  consist almost entirely of him repeating, for the nth time, that she has helped him find his dil, and transformed him single handedly from a sipahi (the latest formulation, a milder take on the khoonkhar vaishi darinda) into an insaan, and that she is the most nek dil/bada dil person he has ever seen.

NB: One, the sipahis in the Mughal army should go on strike about this slur on them; is Jalal saying that no sipahi has any dil? Second, Jodha is a clear candidate for enlarged heart disease.  hpee 

Oh, yes, I forgot the half-baked Radha Krishna parallel, which has, as of now, been repeated 3 times. As I noted elsewhere, Jalal clearly  does not know that Radha, Krishna’s beloved., was married to someone else. Or that he never saw her again after he left Brindavan for Mathura.

As for Jodha, all we get is her  looking coy and lowering her eyes/ turning her head away as she laps up all these lines.

I am not prepared to cut her any slack for this tripe. For Rajat, it is a case of force majeure. Not for her.

I would any day rather watch the Mahabharata, and the magnificent, tragic Karna and the unbelievably subtle Lord Krishna, than this pale shadow of an emperor (who still  needs to lose a good bit more of   weight and get back to his sharp faced  Amer escapade days)  and his coy, simpering, touch me not janasheen.

All this said, I rather liked the Saturday mahaepisode,  once I had managed to forget the Jalal-Jodha scenes.

What with the hidden sketches on that map, like a Famous Five or Secret Seven mystery,  a nice Borgia-style poisoning watched with spine-chilling matter of factness by a superb Mahaam, and the mysterious Chand Begum who seems to have given the slip to her bored guards and actually got to the temple just in time to slip her missive (probably the dark cave in which she was held is well stocked with writing materials! hpee )  into the palki that she somehow found out was Jodha Begum’s.

Plus Jalal (or at least I hope that too is not shown to be Jodha Begum's brainwave!) at last thinking of something on his own and getting Tabassum to make that Chand Begum's portrait.

NB: I don’t know if you folks noticed it, but Jalal, when he tells Jodha that she should henceforth taste everything  that Ruqaiya would eat, ensures 2 things: one, that Ruqaiya would now on become a vegetarian, and  most bizarre of all, two, that his  Jodha Begum might well pop off while tasting something that might be poisoned!! hpee  The latter was unbelievable.

I suppose the bit about Jodha discovering Jalal’s illiteracy will eventually be tied up with the mystery of the  letter that eventually led to the dhakka.  Let us see when Jodha’s tubelight comes on!

Finally, I do wish they would dispense with the Jalal-Jodha pseudo-romance and get on with other things. Not that this is likely to happen!

Shyamala/Aunty

knumnum
mandygi wrote:i do not know why i feel that she might be replaced all of a sudden!
Jaz713 wrote:Absolutely Mandy but I think it's unfair to put all the blame on Paridhi. The producer/director can refuse to give into her demands if she is making them but they do. Of course, we do not know the facts or reasons behind any of this so we cannot make hasty judgments about Paridhi and her compulsions for such conditions since that is grossly unfair.

The fact remains that sizzling chemistry is not the only thing that makes the show. It's just baffling and exasperating to see stuff like this onscreen.

hope so *fingers crossed* 

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 12:36; edited 1 time in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 12:33

That worries me too, Munni. His voice does not matter so much, he can always adopt a different one, as he does with Jalal now. But yes, all the new young actors are at least 3-4 inches taller - Arjun Kapoor, Sushant Singh, Ranveer Singh, Imran Khan, and of course Ranbir Kapoor. There is no one but Shahid who is Rajat's  height.

Plus all the leading ladies are much taller than the older lot used to be.
Still, Salman is decidedly shorter than Rajat, as is Aamir, and Shahrukh cannot be much taller. But Rajat is square built, with broad shoulders. Which is why he has to be in top shape.
All this said and done, Munni, it is a matter of his stars. I am somehow sure  that he will make it big.

Unlike the very successful (on TV) Ronit Roy, Rajat is hero material. He has presence and star quality, which cannot be taught. He only needs a clever director to make the most of his acting  abilities, and a solid launch pad. I feel sure  that these will come.
Shyamala Aunty

munnirony

Aunty actually im not worried about his weight but  im worried about his height. I know even amir khan is also short but now a days most of the new comers r tall. I really hope tht doesn't effect his future. People often laugh about his height nd voice which clearly suggests tht people look at other aspects besides talent.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-02, 12:37

@munni  RT is probably 5'6'' or 5'7'' which is an average height n near to height of SRK n SAlman.
 With proper body building n shaping up his height problem might get neglected .as of now I m finding his weight plus the company of tall girls making him look short.
 As of voice ,his voice in reality is soft while one with jalal version is  modified version so he might overcome that problem as well.

Wha he needs is a proper break in the company of proper director.

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 14:06

This, my dear Greeshma, is one time  that I wish I had been wrong. That assessment of mine was based on what I felt Paridhi could not produce, and I was right, alas! It is all deliberate, for she was perfectly ok  in the pre-dhakka fantasy.
But it is not just the lack of warmth and intimacy of the affectionate kind. It is more the total absence of any worthwhile exchanges, or of any emotional connect. He is gushing, eager, and subservient, and she is coy and smug. End of story.
You should have seen Tara and Mrityunjay in Ek Boond Ishq before it went to the dogs and I quit the show. You could feel the total absorption in each other, tge protectiveness and the warmth from 20 feet away. And Viraf Patel is not even good looking like Rajat, though he has personality. They are totally wasting Rajat.

Shyamala Aunty

Greeshma014Aunty, whenever i watch dis half baked romance, i remember ur words..u predicted long time ago dat this romance going to b a complete washout..dat time most of JA fans didn't like dat comment..But today we are living dat dreadful dream in d name of "epic romance"..

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-02, 15:09

shyamala dearest, a replacement is needed bit i doubt if that will happen because of the high trps, if they begin to fall maybe ekta will think about taking such a step or shut the show down..but i just want rajat to get some meaty role in bollywood and i do not care about paridhi or the show!
sashashyam wrote:

This, my dear Greeshma, is one time  that I wish I had been wrong. That assessment of mine was based on what I felt Paridhi could not produce, and I was right, alas! It is all deliberate, for she was perfectly ok  in the pre-dhakka fantasy.
But it is not just the lack of warmth and intimacy of the affectionate kind. It is more the total absence of any worthwhile exchanges, or of any emotional connect. He is gushing, eager, and subservient, and she is coy and smug. End of story.
You should have seen Tara and Mrityunjay in Ek Boond Ishq before it went to the dogs and I quit the show. You could feel the total absorption in each other, tge protectiveness and the warmth from 20 feet away. And Viraf Patel is not even good looking like Rajat, though he has personality. They are totally wasting Rajat.

Shyamala Aunty

Greeshma014Aunty, whenever i watch dis half baked romance, i remember ur words..u predicted long time ago dat this romance going to b a complete washout..dat time most of JA fans didn't like dat comment..But today we are living dat dreadful dream in d name of "epic romance"..

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 16:29

[quote defaultattr=""]
I am sure you are right, Krishi, but the problem remains the same. He has been asked to look more mature than  a woman 6 years older than he is, and that is not easy. Not to speak of constantly being on edge because of his leading lady's nakhre.
Nor will looking older and portlier help Rajat when the question of  being chosen for a really good film role, like that of Bajirao in Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani, comes up. I really hope Bhansali,  or someone else of that stature, picks him up and launches him well, then the others will follow suit.

Shyamala Aunty
knumnum
sashashyam wrote:
ri wrote: 
Naturally, Riyya my pet. Ab to woh achche khaate peete ghar ki bahu hai na? She should thank God she is in a historical, in a social, that too a modern one, she would have been sent to take a crash diet!
By the  way, while Rajat has lost a lot of weight since his Teddy bear days as Badal, he too needs to do more. In the Saturday mahaepisode, when he was smiling at Rahim and later when he was raging about the mullahs, his eyes were practically disappearing into his cheeks.

He MUST get back to the sharp profile of his Amer adventure; just look at those flashbacks! I do not care 2 hoots about Paridhi, but I care a great deal about Rajat and his future career. He too has to care about himself. Just look at most of the characters in the Mahabharata! Not only do they get splendid lines to deliver - Karna's long, 19 minute scene with Kunti moved me to tears, and he was splendid in all the other scenes he had over the last 3 episodes as well - but imagine Rajat in Karna's bare chested get up! He would be laughed off the set.
He HAS to shape up fast if he is to look beyond Jodha Akbar and plan a spectacular career. It can be done; look at the fatties like Arjun Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor who have shaped up so well from being horrendously overweight. Rajat’s problem is minuscule in comparison to them, but he has to buckle down to tackling it.
Shyamala Aunty

riyya6Aunthy plz answer me dun you think the actress playing jodha has put on weight... I can't take anymore longer her shots, in short she looks fat  Rolling Eyes 

Aunty, RT putting on weight unintentionally doesnt make sense. He always seemed to be a gym freak. And even in his PRC days or Tere liye days or even during his 2 year sabbatical he shaped up good and had never put on weight.

I believe tat PH must hv asked him to put on weight to look the same age as Paridhi. Cos if u look in the initial episodes, Paridhi looked elder to the then fit RT  No [/quote]

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 16:31

I agree with you in toto, my dearest Mandy. If Rajat gets a plum film  role, he can call it quits, they can get a new Jalal, and we shall see how Jodha Madam keeps the TRPs up!Shyamalamandygi wrote: hpee shyamala dearest, a replacement is needed bit i doubt if that will happen because of the high trps, if they begin to fall maybe ekta will think about taking such a step or shut the show down..but i just want rajat to get some meaty role in bollywood and i do not care about paridhi or the show!
sashashyam wrote:

Shyamala Aunty

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-06-02, 17:07

Rajat seriously needs to get rid of his double chin and his paunch....he can also do with a good hair cut....he is already looking older than his much older fiancé

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-06-02, 17:16

knumnum wrote:
shobita wrote:Aunty, when Paridhi had no qualms doing that nauseating "kissing-away-salty-tears" scene, I wonder why she has reservations in a simple peck on the cheek scene? Also, if she and Rajat don't see eye-to-eye off screen, is it not easier to enact romantic scenes with such a co-actor coz there wud be a natural detachment and she wouldn't have to be worried about sending any sort of vibes to her co-star? And the greatest mystery to me is Ekta pampering Paridhi. I mean she has so many reservations and not the best of actors but she is still in Ekta's good books.Wondering why?

Shobita, good point but I think BD was used even in the tear kissing scene. If u hv watched other BT soaps, u must be knowing tat tear kissing scene is a must in every BT serial and they never show such close ups tat we cannot make out their faces. So I think it was intentional to show their faces so close tat we cud even see their skin pores so tat we ll not know whether its a BD or PS.

I think EK must be breaking her head on how to resolve this issue. May be she s jus being a tad bit careful cos so far I have not seen her bashing any actress in media. 

I hope she ll soon sort out this problem and replace PS and save the show and save us!
@krishi.....I actually like RT-PS jodi on screen....In fact I watch JoAk for the jodi than anything else.....I think PS shot herself in the foot by antagonising SV. Santram brought the best out of her.....her current team is pathetic and is doing no good to her acting abilities.......also she puts her bindi way above eyebrows making her look older.....in the older episodes her bindi would be right between her eyebrows and it made her face look younger

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-06-02, 17:22

munnirony wrote:
shobita wrote:Aunty, when Paridhi had no qualms doing that nauseating "kissing-away-salty-tears" scene, I wonder why she has reservations in a simple peck on the cheek scene? Also, if she and Rajat don't see eye-to-eye off screen, is it not easier to enact romantic scenes with such a co-actor coz there wud be a natural detachment and she wouldn't have to be worried about sending any sort of vibes to her co-star? And the greatest mystery to me is Ekta pampering Paridhi. I mean she has so many reservations and not the best of actors but she is still in Ekta's good books.Wondering why?
dear the kissing away tears was done by the BD. & also the back kiss in SR was also BD. about the off screen equation goes there r many actors who were not in talking terms in real life but still had wonderful chemistry on screen. karan patel-shubhangi atre, shweta tiwari-cezzane khan, mohit raina-sonarika, naitik-akshara  of yeh rista r few examples. 2ndly, there is nothing called gud books or bad books. its all about TRPs. JA is getting gud TRPs so whtever maybe the issue both RT & PS will be retained. paridhi is a gud actress but using BD even for a cheek kiss or having prob even with a cheek kiss is not applicable in this industry. 3rdly, ekta kapoor's top shows r known for its saas-bahu formulas so till ekta remains successful with her saas-bahu drama she will definitely retain PS. but the prob is we were promised a love story & not a heroine oriented sbs show. here rajat is casted just for TRPs. 50% trps r gained by jodha's character, but other 50% is gained by rajat's jalal.
@munni - the trps are dropping dear......I mean for the 8 pm slot there are two shows in top ten JoAk and Ek Hasina Thi....this means trps are going to EHT which is not a regular saas-bahu soap.....EK should get the pulse now and stop showcasing JoAk  as a saas-bahu drama

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-06-02, 17:25

mandygi wrote:bang on! btw that salty tear scene was done by her BD!..i also do not understand why ekta is putting up with her nonsense!
Yeah mandy....EK is a no-nonsense woman.....she is used to bossing around and getting things done her way.....quite a mystery this PS-EK thingy

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 18:00

No, no, you naughty girl! Rajat does NOT have a double chin; one can check it out any time from his side shots. And he does not have a paunch now; he did  as Badal.
But he is not slim built, so he will never look slender and whipcord lean. However, he can make himself looks very well proportioned with a little effort, and I am sure that when Bollywood beckons, he will.
He does not look in his late 20s either, if that is what you mean, but he does look more mature than the 22/23  he really is. Which is not a bad thing; chocolate boy looks are a handicap for male actors.
Now run away before a lynch mob gets after you! hpee 

Shyamala Aunty

shobitaRajat seriously needs to get rid of his double chin and his paunch....he can also do with a good hair cut....he is already looking older than his much older fiancé

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-02, 20:39

Finally after back to back crapy epi (except ME) we got an epi worth watching with the story moving at somewhat fast pace.
Finally jalal's brains r back n sketching was his idea.
 Cave mystery got dicoded ,n khoda pahar nikli chand.
       N we r having break from robotic romance.
Finally getting some reason to watch this show(apart from RT).

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-06-02, 21:52

sashashyam wrote:
No, no, you naughty girl! Rajat does NOT have a double chin; one can check it out any time from his side shots. And he does not have a paunch now; he did  as Badal.
But he is not slim built, so he will never look slender and whipcord lean. However, he can make himself looks very well proportioned with a little effort, and I am sure that when Bollywood beckons, he will.
He does not look in his late 20s either, if that is what you mean, but he does look more mature than the 22/23  he really is. Which is not a bad thing; chocolate boy looks are a handicap for male actors.
Now run away before a lynch mob gets after you! hpee 

Shyamala Aunty

shobitaRajat seriously needs to get rid of his double chin and his paunch....he can also do with a good hair cut....he is already looking older than his much older fiancé
I am all ready to get lynched by the virtual mob in the virtual world Wink

But on a more serious note, I wish I could get that pic of RT with double chin I saw a few days back on FB.......that double chin was so obvious....tough luck ....i am a novice here and don't know how to post pics...i'll have to learn soon or get used to the mob Wink

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 00:05

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum