Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 247: Double descent

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 247: Double descent

Post by LGhosh on 2014-05-28, 09:45

Shyamala I am in the minority like you as well, the episode didn't go up to the level of my expectations. For me acting, presentation, treatment and character consistency matters the most and when any one factor is lost I can't appreciate the show any longer.

Can't blame the director much, he could only do that much! Experienced eyes can easily differentiate the scenes between PS and her BD but even if I leave that aside as I said the whole SR scenario which was hyped so much didn't live up to my expectations and the interactions before that killed it for me. Yes the movie will always remain 100% times better than this show. Everything was tastefully done with right amount of passion, finesse and intimacy which was perfectly done in every respect.

For me as I said once the character loses respect in my eyes I lose interest in the show. The CV's wake up too late to redeem the characters for my taste. I don't watch for RT or PS but for the historical aspect and the characters so it doesn't matter to me how RT is performing well and carrying the show on his shoulders alone but overall the whole show suffers if any lead or director or CV's change in a show or are incapable of giving their 100%.

Great post Shyamala, like you I have stopped commenting long time back in the IF or in any posts. I hardly watch the show so writing about it is out of the question. But as I said your post keeps me updated. Thank you!  hpee

LGhosh
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Jodha Akbar 247: Double descent

Post by Liberty21 on 2014-05-28, 10:22

hi Aunty,
Well i am the rare one, who actually  thought the episode was a big blunder. I do like your take  on it. So  Mahaan rajvanshi is  now ruk in making. At least Ruk s not phony. She has nerve to say her dislike about jodha right on he face. Jalal wanted to share his biggest moment with her, and  she  turned into a selfish witch. Taking  cover  under  insecurity  ranting  Evil or Very Mad It's still about me, me and more me. Was she more disappointed ,being out of the mariam zubani  race. The lady has no feel of true love is.
i could not connect to jodha from the get go, may be because history doesn't talk much of her , this fictional ,know it all, perfectionist ( as per writers, and feminist  viewers) always drive me up the wall. But my bitter pill is  caricature of jalal.  And today final blow to our hopes, of getting jalal the emperor back in action. it's heading to a blind alley. Putting Jodha once again  in lime light for his tour de force. and another let down was, he felt inferior for spending night with Ruq. i wanted to whack  this dude. Bang . So he gonna dance at her fav. bagum tune and be biased to other wives. Is this what mahan devi  wants?
The actress's performance has hit the skids ever since surjamal fiasco. love making scene left no mark, pretty mediocre. could not see myself going ga-ga over it. She was poker faced in those scene., has Ekta backed a wrong horse. only saving grace was  Tokas . Pretty forgetful event it was.

Liberty21
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-05-28, 12:01

Honestly im done with all 3 jalal jodha or ruku. I can feel for ruku but I will never support her behavior with other begums. Ruku's insecurity had even turned down hoshiyar who was at least always with her. Nd initially when jalal needed her emotional support she had failed big time so thts her karma. As per jodha goes I know people r saying tht she is jealous bcoz she loves jalal. She can be jealous nd im happy she is finally behaving like a normal human being. But being jealous of a small kid is highly ridiculous. Wht she expects tht jalal wont even take care of his kid's mother?  This is certainly not the jodha we had seen nd neither its a thought of a true human being. As per jalal goes I can understand tht his love is jodha but in order to halo jodha he is putting himself down. Why he was behaving as if he was having an extra marital affair with ruku?  Why he is claiming himself as a one man woman?  He could have said tht evryone has their own place. Jodha's place is diff in his life nd ruku's place is diff. Both can live happily together. But all of jalal nd jodha's dialogue made no sense. As per ruku goes if she herself dont have respect for herself she cant expect others to respect her.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-05-28, 12:09

As its said only saving grace was rajat's expressions. I know the show had gone downhill but cant stop myself from watching it only bcoz of his expressions. Pari was gud in the SR scene considering the family restriction issue but still she could have done much better considering the fact tht its a SR scene. Nd obviously if ur in front of rajat u have to be more than gud.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 12:15

Munni my dear, a truly masterly summing up, which makes you an accredited member of the Minority Forum! I loved the parts in blue. Jalal was unbelievably stupid and self-demeaning, and Jodha was unbelievably stupid and demanding. As for Ruqaiya, the less said the better.Shyamala Auntymunnirony wrote:Honestly im done with all 3 jalal jodha or ruku. I can feel for ruku but I will never support her behavior with other begums. Ruku's insecurity had even turned down hoshiyar who was at least always with her. Nd initially when jalal needed her emotional support she had failed big time so thts her karma.

As per jodha goes I know people r saying tht she is jealous bcoz she loves jalal. She can be jealous nd im happy she is finally behaving like a normal human being. But being jealous of a small kid is highly ridiculous. Wht she expects tht jalal wont even take care of his kid's mother?  This is certainly not the jodha we had seen nd neither its a thought of a true human being. Which is precisely the point I had made, that she has fallen badly in my eyes because of this pettiness and meanness.

As per jalal goes I can understand tht his love is jodha but in order to halo jodha he is putting himself down. Why he was behaving as if he was having an extra marital affair with ruku?  Why he is claiming himself as a one man woman?  He could have said tht evryone has their own place. Jodha's place is diff in his life nd ruku's place is diff. Both can live happily together. But all of jalal nd jodha's dialogue made no sense. This, you would remember, was exactly what he said earlier about Mahaam and Jodha, that each of them had her place. But of course that was before he became a self-proclaimed ghulam of Jodha Begum's. That was the limit. He could have said deewaana,  and that would have been ok, but ghulam?? Bang 

As per ruku goes if she herself dont have respect for herself she cant expect others to respect her.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-05-28, 12:17

Great post Aunty and thanks for the PM....But I loved the whole SR and its morning after.... I know, I know am hopeless  hpee  I hope, I can be different and disagree.  long hug 

But when in the morning after scene, where Jalal finally declared himself as Jodha's "Ghulam" ..I could visualize You whacking him with your pan  Bang  Bang  Bang  Nothing more left for him...sigh!!!! hppy

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-05-28, 12:21

MY POV is based on the a number of reports on lack of compatibility between the leads .. considering the this they did act well as i was expecting a pathetic SR and decided to watch in lamhon ke daman mein after that SR epi ..still have goosebumps watching that song  Starry Love

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-05-28, 12:22

adi, i agree word for word to what u have said..for me rajat's expressions stole the show and the rest was whatever..and he is the only one i watch for in their scenes together. paridhi does not have the ability to give her 100% without any hesitation especially in a passionate scene then why the acting field is what makes me wonder!
adianasr wrote:Shyamala, thanks for the pm. As I had said some time back, I no longer have any expectations from Paridhi hence I am not disappointed - I have only been hearing her words - and frankly I understand where she was coming from even for a 16th Century queen who knew polygamy was the norm - Even Radha threw such tantrums with Krishna - even though she was herself older to Krishna and supposed to have been a married woman - especially with regards to the other gopika vinita and other lesser gopis too - so Jodha showing her 'irshya' when he spends his time with his other wives and gives of himself to them is ok - but unfortunately Pari does not know how to express such a complex feeling.

As for Jalal's dialogues - there are only 2 lines that were the main lines - all the rest was like the hay used for packing delicate knick knacks - these 2 lines of Jalal that linger on were 'How can you compare yourself to the rest? and you are the only one who can push Jalaluddin Mohammad away becoz you have his heart' - the rest was fluff!!!

As for Rajat - right from the first frame to the last he was the only one - and yes as you say this love story is a one-legged one but Paridhi cant be blamed for this - she is competent but when facing Rajat, competent is bad.

And the only act of Jodha's that I have mentioned is the back hug when Jalal was leaving - the only act where she takes that leap of faith and lets her fear go.

And as for the entire scene - my yardstick has been other shows and the manner in which they show intimacy - JA was way better in comparison - and all thanks to RT's Jalal.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-05-28, 12:24

MY POV is based on the a number of reports on lack of compatibility between the leads .. considering the this they did act well as i was expecting a pathetic SR and decided to watch in lamhon ke daman mein after that SR epi ..still have goosebumps watching that song  Starry Love

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-05-28, 12:25

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 12:25

Well, my dear, any additions to our select group at the Minority Forum is welcome!

As for Jalal (as distinct from Rajat, who tries his best despite the horrendous script and his lousy lines) I can barely tolerate him these days. He was bad enough in the Monday episode with his OTT bhashan about Jodha ka Jalal,  and now he has proclaimed himself her "ghulam". "Deewaaana"would have been fine, but "ghulam"??

And how does he know that she does not love him because  of his rank and power? If he was not the Shahenshah, she would never be able to use him to push all her pet projects, would she?
Anyway,my dear, if this Jalal is hellbent on  degrading himself, what can anyone do? My heart goes out to poor Rajat.
Oh yes, one thing can be done.  Go back to Hrithik's truly and consistently imperial Jalaluddin Muhammad. And Aishwarya's  graceful, convincing Jodha; she might not  be the best of actresses,  but she always gels very well with Hrithik, and her Jodha was far more realistic and pleasing than this one. And then there is Paridhi's  currently wooden acting to cope with as well. So I would vote for the film without any hesitation.
Shyamala Aunty

Liberty21hi Aunty,
Well i am the rare one, who actually  thought the episode was a big blunder. I do like your take  on it. So  Mahaan rajvanshi is  now ruk in making. At least Ruk s not phony. She has nerve to say her dislike about jodha right on he face. Jalal wanted to share his biggest moment with her, and  she  turned into a selfish witch. Taking  cover  under  insecurity  ranting  Evil or Very Mad It's still about me, me and more me. Was she more disappointed ,being out of the mariam zubani  race. The lady has no feel of true love is.
i could not connect to jodha from the get go, may be because history doesn't talk much of her , this fictional ,know it all, perfectionist ( as per writers, and feminist  viewers) always drive me up the wall. But my bitter pill is  caricature of jalal.  And today final blow to our hopes, of getting jalal the emperor back in action. it's heading to a blind alley. Putting Jodha once again  in lime light for his tour de force. and another let down was, he felt inferior for spending night with Ruq. i wanted to whack  this dude. Bang . So he gonna dance at her fav. bagum tune and be biased to other wives. Is this what mahan devi  wants?
The actress's performance has hit the skids ever since surjamal fiasco. love making scene left no mark, pretty mediocre. could not see myself going ga-ga over it. She was poker faced in those scene., has Ekta backed a wrong horse. only saving grace was  Tokas . Pretty forgetful event it was.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-05-28, 12:27

sorry it posted three times

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 12:39

My dear Clarissa,

These are supposed to be professionals. So any lack of compatibility between them should not matter. Dilip Kumar and Vyjayantimala were said to be not even on talking terms when they did Sunghursh together, and despite that their  chemistry was superb in that film.So  also Waheeda and Dilip in Yash Chopra's Mashaal.
The fact is that Paridhi these days seems to have forgotten how to act, and she was very bad during the whole part of the Monday episode right up to the point where she runs after Jalal  and hugs him. Yesterday, all that coyness towards her self-proclaimed "ghulam" (not deewaana, be it noted) is standard issue and every actress around can do it in her sleep.
The person who, to my surprise, impressed me yesterday was Lavina, in that scene with the other minor begums, when she talks to having got a unique gift from Jalal.
As for the Lamhon ke Daaman Me sequence in the film, well, there is no comparison possible at all.

Nor between Hrithik's consistently imperial Jalal and this Jodha ka Jalal-cum-Jodha Begum ka ghulam, who is busy apologising for having spent a night with his  seniormost begum, and thus apologising for having this child with her as well.

Nor between Ash's graceful, convincing, realistic and pleasing Jodha and this self-centred, self-righteous mahaanta ki moorat, stuck up on her pedestal with a 24 carat halo  firmly in place.
Shyamala Aunty

clarissashamMY POV is based on the a number of reports on lack of compatibility between the leads .. considering the this they did act well as i was expecting a pathetic SR and decided to watch in lamhon ke daman mein after that SR epi ..still have goosebumps watching that song  Starry Love

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-28, 12:50

clarissasham wrote:MY POV is based on the a number of reports on lack of compatibility between the leads .. considering the this they did act well as i was expecting a pathetic SR and decided to watch in lamhon ke daman mein after that SR epi ..still have goosebumps watching that song  Starry Love

The Leads of RBO could not stand each other at all, yet their jodi is considered as a hottest jodi for their sizzling chemistry and the romance they brought on screen ...  The leads turned to characters once the camera's was switched on and not in one single scene could we see their disconnect/distance ...THAT is acting ..

The SR was not up to Ekta's standard, no wonder Ekta did not publicize it ...

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 12:54

Adiana my dear, wrote:
Hay??? It was more like garden fertiliser. He is ashamed of having spent a night with his seniormost begum, and he is in effect apologising for having had this child as well, for he explains it to this sulky paragon, with her puffed up face, as the result of that mistaken impulse. How much lower can he sink?

And he is not bothered that she is not happy about his child, nor does he think back to how Ruqaiya reacted when Jodha was supposed to be expecting. Why would he think of anything that could show his ishta devata  in a poor light?

NB: These days, packers using polyester nodules and bubble paper.

Oh yes, there was the khoonkhar vaishi darinda, and then there was Jodha ka Jalal (the historians must be wondering how they missed that all these years!) , and the ridiculous, half-baked  comparisons with Radha-Krishna. And now he is her self-proclaimed, no, not deewaana, which would have been just fine, but her ghulam.

Well, if you are ok with all this, who am I to complain? But do not mention your TE ever again, Adiana my dear, for he is truly dead and gone. 

As for me, I stand by my take on the whole. And I am going back to the truly and consistently imperial Jalal that Hrithik brought alive in the film. I am sick of this subservient poodle, demeaning himself with every word he utters and every gesture he   makes. A Shahenshah?? Faugh!!

Oh dear, I am sounding SO crabby! I am very sorry, but I simply cannot help it after watching Jalal committing slow motion suicide of the emperor in him, now of  course only a ghulam.

Shyamala

mandygi
adi, i agree word for word to what u have said..for me rajat's expressions stole the show and the rest was whatever..and he is the only one i watch for in their scenes together. paridhi does not have the ability to give her 100% without any hesitation especially in a passionate scene then why the acting field is what makes me wonder!
adianasr wrote:Shyamala, thanks for the pm. As I had said some time back, I no longer have any expectations from Paridhi hence I am not disappointed - I have only been hearing her words - and frankly I understand where she was coming from even for a 16th Century queen who knew polygamy was the norm - Even Radha threw such tantrums with Krishna - even though she was herself older to Krishna and supposed to have been a married woman - especially with regards to the other gopika vinita and other lesser gopis too - so Jodha showing her 'irshya' when he spends his time with his other wives and gives of himself to them is ok - but unfortunately Pari does not know how to express such a complex feeling.

As for Jalal's dialogues - there are only 2 lines that were the main lines - all the rest was like the hay used for packing delicate knick knacks - these 2 lines of Jalal that linger on were 'How can you compare yourself to the rest? and you are the only one who can push Jalaluddin Mohammad away becoz you have his heart' - the rest was fluff!!!

As for Rajat - right from the first frame to the last he was the only one - and yes as you say this love story is a one-legged one but Paridhi cant be blamed for this - she is competent but when facing Rajat, competent is bad.

And the only act of Jodha's that I have mentioned is the back hug when Jalal was leaving - the only act where she takes that leap of faith and lets her fear go.

And as for the entire scene - my yardstick has been other shows and the manner in which they show intimacy - JA was way better in comparison - and all thanks to RT's Jalal.

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 13:10; edited 1 time in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 12:57

Yes, my dear Tanty, and it is exactly what I have written to Clarissa above. By the way, what is RBO? I watch very few serials, so I do not know!Shyamala AuntyTanthya wrote:
clarissasham wrote:MY POV is based on the a number of reports on lack of compatibility between the leads .. considering the this they did act well as i was expecting a pathetic SR and decided to watch in lamhon ke daman mein after that SR epi ..still have goosebumps watching that song  Starry Love

The Leads of RBO could not stand each other at all, yet their jodi is considered as a hottest jodi for their sizzling chemistry and the romance they brought on screen ...  The leads turned to characters once the camera's was switched on and not in one single scene could we see their disconnect/distance ...THAT is acting ..

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 12:58

Mishti dear, how well you know me! wrote: hpee 

And of  course you can be different and disagree, if you really feel that it was all wonderful. No problem!
But it would have been far, far better, wrt Jalal's characterisation, if he has said deewaana, and not ghulam. That was most inappropriate.
Shyamala Aunty
mishti hpee   Great post Aunty and thanks for the PM....But I loved the whole SR and its morning after.... I know, I know am hopeless  hpee  I hope, I can be different and disagree.  long hug 

But when in the morning after scene, where Jalal finally declared himself as Jodha's "Ghulam" ..I could visualize You whacking him with your pan  Bang  Bang  Bang  Nothing more left for him...sigh!!!! hppy

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-28, 13:06

sashashyam wrote:
Yes, my dear Tanty, and it is exactly what I have written to Clarissa above. By the way, what is RBO? I watch very few serials, so I do not know!Shyamala AuntyTanthya wrote:

RBO is Rang Badalthi Odhani which used to come on the erstwhile Star One , Youth oriented full on romance stories whose  leads absly held one another in contempt. They apparently could not stand the sight of each other yet when camera's rolled be it that of SBS/SBB or  the show...  Not a trace animosity  .. They  were true professionals.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 13:07

Lana my dear, it is always so soothing to find a kindred spirit!

Do see my rather crabby response to Adiana and Mandy above, which about sums up my feelings about the last 2 episodes, and the film as well.
Shyamala

LGhoshShyamala I am in the minority like you as well, the episode didn't go up to the level of my expectations. For me acting, presentation, treatment and character consistency matters the most and when any one factor is lost I can't appreciate the show any longer.

Can't blame the director much, he could only do that much! Experienced eyes can easily differentiate the scenes between PS and her BD but even if I leave that aside as I said the whole SR scenario which was hyped so much didn't live up to my expectations and the interactions before that killed it for me. Yes the movie will always remain 100% times better than this show. Everything was tastefully done with right amount of passion, finesse and intimacy which was perfectly done in every respect.

For me as I said once the character loses respect in my eyes I lose interest in the show. The CV's wake up too late to redeem the characters for my taste. I don't watch for RT or PS but for the historical aspect and the characters so it doesn't matter to me how RT is performing well and carrying the show on his shoulders alone but overall the whole show suffers if any lead or director or CV's change in a show or are incapable of giving their 100%.

Great post Shyamala, like you I have stopped commenting long time back in the IF or in any posts. I hardly watch the show so writing about it is out of the question. But as I said your post keeps me updated. Thank you!  hpee

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 13:08

Thank you, my dear, and I agree 100% with you as regards the demands of professionalism.Shyamala AuntyTanthya wrote:
sashashyam wrote:

RBO is Rang Badalthi Odhani which used to come on the erstwhile Star One , Youth oriented full on romance stories whose  leads absly held one another in contempt. They apparently could not stand the sight of each other yet when camera's rolled be it that of SBS/SBB or  the show...  Not a trace animosity  .. They  were true professionals.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-05-28, 13:13

sashashyam wrote:

My dear Clarissa,

These are supposed to be professionals. So any lack of compatibility between them should not matter. Dilip Kumar and Vyjayantimala were said to be not even on talking terms when they did Sunghursh together, and despite that their  chemistry was superb in that film.So  also Waheeda and Dilip in Yash Chopra's Mashaal.
The fact is that Paridhi these days seems to have forgotten how to act, and she was very bad during the whole part of the Monday episode right up to the point where she runs after Jalal  and hugs him. Yesterday, all that coyness towards her self-proclaimed "ghulam" (not deewaana, be it noted) is standard issue and every actress around can do it in her sleep.
The person who, to my surprise, impressed me yesterday was Lavina, in that scene with the other minor begums, when she talks to having got a unique gift from Jalal.
As for the Lamhon ke Daaman Me sequence in the film, well, there is no comparison possible at all.

Nor between Hrithik's consistently imperial Jalal and this Jodha ka Jalal-cum-Jodha Begum ka ghulam, who is busy apologising for having spent a night with his  seniormost begum, and thus apologising for having this child with her as well.

Nor between Ash's graceful, convincing, realistic and pleasing Jodha and this self-centred, self-righteous mahaanta ki moorat, stuck up on her pedestal with a 24 carat halo  firmly in place.
Shyamala Aunty

clarissashamMY POV is based on the a number of reports on lack of compatibility between the leads .. considering the this they did act well as i was expecting a pathetic SR and decided to watch in lamhon ke daman mein after that SR epi ..still have goosebumps watching that song  Starry Love
LOve you aunty for this reply...i too agree ... as i said in my earlier reply i was expecting more pathtic one..so it satisfied me.... yet i will agree with you on all other fronts esp felt like  Bang jala for saying he ghulam to her and jodhas reply aapka sthan humare pao par nahi humare hriday par he shehenshah ... when she said hriday i was  hppy  hppy  hppy ....at that voice modulation.....

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2014-05-28, 13:21

Tanthya wrote:

long hug You know whatever you say I Love you  nty   completely agree on professional front and i feel Rajat is giving 100 % ...and im becoming a huge fan of the actor in him .. and she was trying too to not give a consti and on on look hppy  hppy  hppy  hppy

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 13:26

[quote defaultattr=""]My dear Shobita,

So you braved the statutory warning, and also survived my post in good shape? Bravo!You are a wicked young lady; that last comment comparing Ash and Paridhi in the matter of midriffs is side-splitting. hpee 
I agree that Ash is not one of the best as far as acting goes, but she always jells very well with Hrithik ( be it Dhoom 2 or Jodha Akbar or Guzaarish) and her Jodha was graceful, convincing, realistic and appealing.
Now as for this Jodha's jealousy, her feeling jealous of Ruqaiya is ok, but would you excuse her carrying it over to Jalal's anticipated child? Is that not very mean and petty? She does not feel or display an iota of happiness about it, and Jalal,  after that one remark, seems to feel nothing about it either.

But why should he, when he is ashamed of having spent that night with Ruqaiya, and in effect apologising for the arrival of the baby as well, for he is explaining it to Jodha as the result of an ill-considered impulse and condemnable deviation from the ek patni vrat that he will presumably observe henceforth? (Jodha should have married a regular Rajput  king with 40 wives, like Mansingh had, and adding one or two  a year!)
One wonders if Jalal ever thinks back to how differently and  graciously  Ruqaiya behaved when Jodha was supposed to be expecting. Again, why would he want to think of something that would present his ishta devi in a poor light? Ghulams do not do such things, they simply worship!

I am sick of this steady degradation of the Shahenshah-e-Hind, who is now worse than a tame poodle.

Shyamala Aunty
shobitaHello Aunty,
I actually liked the episode so was in two minds about reading your post after your statutory warning

But I decided to read ur post as I appreciate your honest take.

I do agree on your pov of double descent of Jalal. But I don't agree with the same wrt to Jodha. I was happy to see her jealous and feel her character has been redeemed at least for some time - she was all this while Meera Bai....so a human, fallible Jodha Bai for me was a welcome relief. I think she is still Good hearted, it was her jealousy that spoke and she had to vent out her jealousy. I am not sure anybody else other than Jalal would have understood her pov so I am ok with her outburst. Besides, I think her jealousy is innocuous.

However, I do agree that it has been a double descent as far as Jalal's character is concerned.

The most significant irritant in this episode so far has been the views of both Jo and Ja regarding a polygamous marriage..Jodha's take on such a marriage was predictably on her feminist line of thinking....why should only a woman suffer.....does she mean to say that she too wants to have more than one husband? And Jalal's take was far worse......as far as I am aware, in Islam the there is a rule that you can have one or two or three or four wives....but the caveat is that if you can't do justice to all, then you can have none......I think Jalal deserves no wives if he continues to be Bhakt No. 1 of Jodha

I loved your take on the Kanha angle......I too am of the belief that Shri Krishna was an eternal Bramhachari and I feel that it is not nice to humanise Gods (strictly my pov only).

As far as the SR was concerned, I can only say this much. I thought it was nice. I am actually not a great fan of Ash and her acting. So as far the movie was concerned, the passion quotient was upped only by Hrithik and Ash's contribution was that she looked beautiful (again strictly my pov). So I thought, Paridhi with all her reservations did better than just looking good. Though I must admit I would have been horror struck if she had done an Ash by dropping off her duppatta considering her not so flat midriff.[/quote]

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-05-28, 13:27

clarissasham wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

long hug You know whatever you say I Love you  nty   completely agree on professional front and i feel Rajat is giving 100 % ...and im becoming his huge fan of the actor in him .. and she was trying too
 long hug  Shammi  Jaan, regardless of ur periodic disappearance act  I always love you too  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  I would not go to that extent ... Rajat was delivering but off late I feel he is going through motions with odd bursts of  his acting prowess now and then ...  I guess my eyes aren't sharp enuff for I did not see any 'trying' apart from a set  blank expressions and disjointed  ones..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-05-28, 13:29

Welcome, my kindred spirit! Welcome to the Minority Group!
Needless to say, my dear Krishi, I agree with all your very pertinent comments, especially the ones in dark blue.
Do also see my response to Adiana and Mandy above.

Shyamala Aunty

knumnum long hug Aunty, I really really really didnt like the SR episode at all. There were no positive points for me in thr. RT's acting doesnt count anymore cos he s awesome in watever scene he is portraying.

1. I didnt like Shehnaz and her stupid hatred dialogues. What are all the soldiers doing wen she was breaking the chain and throwing the stones or watever they are all around? 

2. I didnt like the monologue of Jodha cos it didnt achieve anything. She continued to say the same bhashan even after Jalal asked her wats wrong. So tat monologue was just a waste of time.

3. I didnt like the way Jodha treated Jalal. Pushing him, telling dnt touch me so rudely.

4. I didnt understand wen she said how can anyone be upset wen he s the shehenshah? Wat does it mean?Why that a Shahenshah can never be wrong; now she does not like it that he is a Shahenshah, except when she wants to use his power for her pet projects. Now of course he is her ghulam, so problem solved!

5. Her dialogues abt how a wife cannot even think of another person made me wonder if she s complaining that she cannot have more than 1 man as her hubby? If I am thinking this way then it only means tat PS was not gud enuff to convey wat she was saying.
It did sound very odd.

6. I didnt like Jalal's justification. Wat is he doing to her by praising her so much? Its more like baiting the fish wid false tareef! Really Jalal? U ll be known as Jodha ke Jalal? WTH! Jalal's reasoning was very stupid yesterday. He has also started hitting new lows these days.

7. The expressions of Jodha wen Jalal is telling her tat he ll be known by her name, were like as if she s finally satisfied wid Jalal cos she ll be popular in history. Such pride Jodha???!!!! She made me think if tats the ONLY reason why Jodha agreed for SR.

8. I agree Jealousy is a gud thing but her reasons are all wrong. She has acted as if she s coming from entirely different world and like as if she didnt even know that polygamy existed!And jealousy of  the child as well? That was petty and mean

9. Finally coming to the SR, looking at Jalal's face, one can surmise wen BD was used and wen PS acted. Wid PS, u can see the tension on RT, a sort of uncomfortable feeling on his face.

10. PS' expressions were to really die for! I wish I didnt see them. They were so pathetic, dreadful and horrific.

I kno many of them ll say lets jus be happy wid the SR cos we are seeing Jodha madam uttering the prem dialogues finally! I dnt agree, I am not watching this serial just for their SR. I am an intelligent viewer and I would like the PH to credit us for it and not throw this crap at us in the name of SR and romance!! The PH, my dear, is allergic to intelligent viewers, who, happily for them, are a distinct minority!

Aunty, I have already given up hope for this. I didnt watch this serial since April 4th. And I watched yday eppy only cos Jeannie said so. Otherwise I wud hv gladly skipped it. And as i said, it was utter crap!

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:25

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum