Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 252: The curate's egg

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 252: The curate's egg

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-02, 17:42

Folks,

A curate's egg is good in parts, and naturally bad in the rest. That would be a fair description of the Saturday  mahaepisode, which was the best of the 3 so far, which is not saying much! hpee

Here is my take on it, with the usual statutory warnings to the diehard romantics here, who must be revelling in the so-called Jodha-Jalal romance. It will be blessedly short; we are having a deluge of visitors!

I rather liked the Saturday mahaepisode,  once I had managed to forget the Jalal-Jodha scenes. 

Yes, yes I know  so many of you drool over them. But none of you can deny that of late they consist almost entirely of Jalal repeating, for the nth time, that

1)she has helped him find his dil,
2)has transformed him single handedly from a sipahi (the latest formulation, a milder take on the khoonkhar vaishi darinda) into an insaan, and
3) that she is the most nek dil/bada dil person he has ever seen.

My comments: One, the sipahis in the Mughal army should go on strike about this slur on them; is Jalal saying that no sipahi has any dil?

Second, Jodha is a clear candidate for enlarged heart disease.  hpee 

As for Jodha, all we get is her  looking coy and lowering her eyes/ turning her head away as she laps up all these lines, and from time  to time  allowing Jalal to put his arm around her.

Now, I do not mean that the two of them should indulge in the kind  of steamy romance that would drive my age group away, but there has to be a golden mean.

Here, every  hug looks like a contortonist's exercise, with their bodies at least 1 1/2 feet apart at the midriff. The same when Jodha carefully puts her head on Jalal's shoulder.  hpee 

Not to speak of the close ups of their faces approaching each other - with her cartwheel of a nose ring filling the screen!  hpee - for God knows what! It looks like the cliched shots of roses brushing against each other, and pigeons billing and cooing in the 1970s films.

And that cheek kiss the other day was the ruddy limit, as was Jalal's  response to it. If that was a first for him, which was what they sought to convey, what on earth did the two of them to all night on Monday? Talk about the  child marriage and slavery abolition?  hpee 

Oh, yes, I forgot the half-baked Radha Krishna parallel, which has, as of now, been repeated 3 times by Jalal. He clearly  does not know that Radha, Krishna's beloved., was married to someone else. Or that he never saw her again after he left Brindavan for Mathura.

My Take 5: Now for what I liked on Saturday.

1) The hidden sketches on that map, appearing and disappearing when warmth is applied or removed. This seems to  be one better than the standard invisible ink, which does not disappear once it has been made visible by the application of heat. Maybe it is like the Marauders' Map in Harry Potter, which needs a khul ja sim sim!

Anyhow , it was great fun,  like a Famous Five or Secret Seven mystery, and I was trying to guess whether the khazana Mahaam was referring to was a real treasure or a secret that could make her powerful once again. And there was no Javeda around to grate on my poor nerves!

2) The Borgia-style poisoning, watched with spine-chilling matter of factness by a superbly dominating  Mahaam. It was like a scene from a medieval thriller by Alexandre Dumas. I loved the way  in which she did not hesitate even a second before cooking up that perfect story to account for the corpse. Ruqaiya is not a patch on  Mahaam for sheer brains and  inventiveness.

3) The mysterious Chand Begum,  who seems to have given the slip to her bored guards and actually got to the temple just in time to slip her missive (probably the dark cave in which she was held is well stocked with writing materials! hpee  )  into the palki that she somehow found out was Jodha Begum's. 

No, I am not going to pick holes in a script which already bears a marked resemblance to Swiss cheese. I am not even dismayed that none of the soldiers noticed that blanket shrouded figure creep up to the palki; that is typical in every day and age!

4) The revelation, to Jodha, of Jalal's inability to read and write.In the IF,  Cleo had once advanced the hypothesis, based on some readings, that Akbar might have been dyslexic, a fascinating idea. I presume this  will eventually be tied up with the mystery of the  letter that eventually led to the dhakka.  Let us see when Jodha's tubelight comes on! hpee 

5) Jalal (or at least I hope that too is not shown to be Jodha Begum's brainwave! hpee ) at last thinking of something on his own and getting Tabassum to make that Chand Begum's portrait.

I am not too excited about his grim pronouncements re: the Raja of Panna. They might well be turned on their head if and when  Jodha Begum explains to Jalal how the law of sanctuary is inviolable, and that thus the Raja of Panna, as an honourable Rajvanshi could not possibly have turned his sharanaarti  over to the Mughals (which, by the way,  is perfectly correct). Mark my words.

NB: I don't know if you folks noticed it, but Jalal, when he tells Jodha that she should henceforth taste everything  that Ruqaiya would eat, ensures 2 things.
- one, that Ruqaiya would from now on have to become a vegetarian hpee  , and 
- most bizarre of all, two, that his  Jodha Begum might well pop off while tasting something that might be poisoned!! The latter was unbelievable; how on earth would he let her take the risk?

Shyamala/ Aunty

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 252: The curate's egg

Post by lashy on 2014-06-02, 18:10

sashashyam wrote:Folks,

A curate's egg is good in parts, and naturally bad in the rest. That would be a fair description of the Saturday  mahaepisode, which was the best of the 3 so far, which is not saying much! hpee

Here is my take on it, with the usual statutory warnings to the diehard romantics here, who must be revelling in the so-called Jodha-Jalal romance. It will be blessedly short; we are having a deluge of visitors!

I rather liked the Saturday mahaepisode,  once I had managed to forget the Jalal-Jodha scenes. 

Yes, yes I know  so many of you drool over them. But none of you can deny that of late they consist almost entirely of Jalal repeating, for the nth time, that

1)she has helped him find his dil,
2)has transformed him single handedly from a sipahi (the latest formulation, a milder take on the khoonkhar vaishi darinda) into an insaan, and
3) that she is the most nek dil/bada dil person he has ever seen.

My comments: One, the sipahis in the Mughal army should go on strike about this slur on them; is Jalal saying that no sipahi has any dil?

Second, Jodha is a clear candidate for enlarged heart disease.  hpee 
Aunty, I was already laughing by the time I got here. hppy . I've stopped watching.. hence my nil participation in the threads.. so yes, even RT can't draw me to the serial...  Evil or Very Mad but I can't stay away from all of you.. so drop in once in a while to see what's going on... long hug 

As for Jodha, all we get is her  looking coy and lowering her eyes/ turning her head away as she laps up all these lines, and from time  to time  allowing Jalal to put his arm around her.

Now, I do not mean that the two of them should indulge in the kind  of steamy romance that would drive my age group away, but there has to be a golden mean.

Here, every  hug looks like a contortonist's exercise, with their bodies at least 1 1/2 feet apart at the midriff. The same when Jodha carefully puts her head on Jalal's shoulder.  hpee 

It is so obvious aunty... someone put a picture up of the waist holding scene... it looked like RT had carefully practised it such that his fingers should be dead straight and not curl around her waist at any point (forget the Godforsaken deed of actually touching them by mistake.. Shocked  )
Not to speak of the close ups of their faces approaching each other - with her cartwheel of a nose ring filling the screen!  hpee - for God knows what! It looks like the cliched shots of roses brushing against each other, and pigeons billing and cooing in the 1970s films.
 hppy 

And that cheek kiss the other day was the ruddy limit, as was Jalal's  response to it. If that was a first for him, which was what they sought to convey, what on earth did the two of them to all night on Monday? Talk about the  child marriage and slavery abolition?  hpee 

Oh, yes, I forgot the half-baked Radha Krishna parallel, which has, as of now, been repeated 3 times by Jalal. He clearly  does not know that Radha, Krishna's beloved., was married to someone else. Or that he never saw her again after he left Brindavan for Mathura.

hppy 
My Take 5:
Now for what I liked on Saturday.

1) The hidden sketches on that map, appearing and disappearing when warmth is applied or removed. This seems to  be one better than the standard invisible ink, which does not disappear once it has been made visible by the application of heat. Maybe it is like the Marauders' Map in Harry Potter, which needs a khul ja sim sim! Anyhow , it was great fun,  like a Famous Five or Secret Seven mystery, and I was trying to guess whether the khazana Mahaam was referring to was a real treasure or a secret that could make her powerful once again. And there was no Javeda around to grate on my poor nerves!

2) The Borgia-style poisoning, watched with spine-chilling matter of factness by a superbly dominating  Mahaam. It was like a scene from a medieval thriller by Alexandre Dumas. I loved the way  in which she did not hesitate even a second before cooking up that perfect story to account for the corpse. Ruqaiya is not a patch on  Mahaam for sheer brains and  inventiveness.
Aunty, wouldn't we be missing the only person worth watching if she leaves..  scratch 

3) The mysterious Chand Begum,  who seems to have given the slip to her bored guards and actually got to the temple just in time to slip her missive (probably the dark cave in which she was held is well stocked with writing materials! hpee  )  into the palki that she somehow found out was Jodha Begum's.  No, I am not going to pick holes in a script which already bears a marked resemblance to Swiss cheese. I am not even dismayed that none of the soldiers noticed that blanket shrouded figure creep up to the palki; that is typical in every day and age!

4) The revelation, to Jodha, of Jalal's inability to read and write.In the IF,  Cleo had once advanced the hypothesis, based on some readings, that Akbar might have been dyslexic, a fascinating idea. I presume this  will eventually be tied up with the mystery of the  letter that eventually led to the dhakka.  Let us see when Jodha's tubelight comes on! hpee 
You really think that would happen - even if it is the most plausible way forward - I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't  scratch 
5) Jalal (or at least I hope that too is not shown to be Jodha Begum's brainwave! hpee ) at last thinking of something on his own and getting Tabassum to make that Chand Begum's portrait.

NB: I don't know if you folks noticed it, but Jalal, when he tells Jodha that she should henceforth taste everything  that Ruqaiya would eat, ensures 2 things.
- one, that Ruqaiya would from now on have to become a vegetarian hpee  , and 
- most bizarre of all, two, that his  Jodha Begum might well pop off while tasting something that might be poisoned!! The latter was unbelievable; how on earth would he let her take the risk?

It makes no sense aunty... what if the poison was not just the arkh type that wasn't meant to harm the feotus alone and could actually harm the queen.. then wouldn't Jodha become bali ka bakra.. these two are acting like kinder gardeners  ROFL  or their brain reserves are limited for a day.. if Jalal has used it for something else, he can't use it for the rest of the activities in the day.. same for Jodha.. 

Last edited by lashy on 2014-06-02, 18:15; edited 2 times in total

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-02, 18:12

. Nice post Aunty!! 
I agree that this ME was best among rest 3 n best epi of this week as well.
 Their romance lost their charm long back ago n what we r watching currently is robotic romance.

I missed Maham whole week n on sat we got a good part of devil yet clever Maham. 
I doubt if the lady in cave was chand begum as per logic but cvs always lack logic.  Oh God ,Jalal should  dismiss every soldier n appoint jodha at their post becoz till now jalal's soldiers r proven useless.  What were they doing in market?? Buying bangle??
 As per tabassum idea for that we have to see on monday, whether  its jalal's idea or again cvs made jodha hunar ki khaan.
N abt rukkaiya ,Y I feel once again Jodha will b blamed for mc becoz the show cant proceed further without any MU as per cvs!!

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by Alakh on 2014-06-02, 20:04

Thanks for the lovely post Aunty  luv .. I didn't watch the epi  Wink

Alakh
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

thanks for the post aunty

Post by sunshine-sun on 2014-06-02, 20:27

long hug

sunshine-sun

Back to top Go down

Post by varshaakulkarni on 2014-06-02, 20:55

Aunty  ... u r back with ur witty takes .... I was missing this from last 3 days ... continuously peeping my IF inbox for your message ...  n here i got it today & thank u so much for that ..... 

well well ..... i have not watched the show lately .. so I have no idea what has happened or whats happening ....   ..... I just came here to read ur takes that makes me smile, else i am not giving a hoot about the show  .... 

The show is going too bad aunty ... even the title u have given is out of ur love for RT i think  to be precise, defining it as partly bad .....but this show has turned equivalent to a rotten egg .... which has completely lost its charm .... be it in quality, acting of pari , the story track ... everything .... my hopes have been beaten badly ..... !!!

The ONLY thing that keeps us hooked is rajat's acting .... now even he has some limit to pull off the show alone ....let see till what extent he can .... !! 

anyways aunty ... i loved ur take as usual .... I dont know how u come up with so much of sarcasm based humor ....  !!!

Now I heard that this chand begum was a lost begum of humayun during the war with sher shah suri ... so a new entry ??? 

Also their have been grapevine on IF that their will be this new entry of villian played by sudha chandran or urvashi dholakia as jalal's another step mother I think she will be mirza's mother from kabul .... so we have 2 new entries this month ....

Again the old villians are safe & busy plotting ... the old MU's & villians are still not cleared ...its stagnant !!!  the recruitment & entry of new villians to agra palace is on .... this is getting monotonous like any other saas bahu serial ... 

& I have a bad feeling that ruku & maham will  make jodha the scapegoat for ruku's fake miscarriage  .... !!!

varshaakulkarni
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-06-02, 22:15

Omg aunty, Jodha did decode that MA misread the letter than led to that dhakka... 
I wish she told Jalal since she should know what a big thing it was for him and for how long..

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-06-02, 22:24

shiningways2407 wrote:. Nice post Aunty!! 
 Their romance lost their charm long back ago n what we r watching currently is robotic romance.

I missed Maham whole week n on sat we got a good part of devil yet clever Maham. 
I doubt if the lady in cave was chand begum as per logic but cvs always lack logic.  Oh God ,Jalal should  dismiss every soldier n appoint jodha at their post becoz till now jalal's soldiers r proven useless.  What were they doing in market?? Buying bangle??
 As per tabassum idea for that we have to see on monday, whether  its jalal's idea or again cvs made jodha hunar ki khaan.
N abt rukkaiya ,Y I feel once again Jodha will b blamed for mc becoz the show cant proceed further without any MU as per cvs!!

Priyan and Varshu, Now I understand why Jodha was given such jealousy dialogues abt Ruks and her baby (fake) in SR eppy!  hppy 

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by varshaakulkarni on 2014-06-02, 22:41

knumnum wrote:
shiningways2407 wrote:. Nice post Aunty!! 

Priyan and Varshu, Now I understand why Jodha was given such jealousy dialogues abt Ruks and her baby (fake) in SR eppy!  hppy 
Lol .... sahi kaha krishi ..... how will jalal doubt jodha then .... ur statement does make sense ..... Shocked

varshaakulkarni
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by varshaakulkarni on 2014-06-02, 22:44

lashy wrote:Omg aunty, Jodha did decode that MA misread the letter than led to that dhakka... 
I wish she told Jalal since she should know what a big thing it was for him and for how long..
Shraddha forget it .... old villians are still safe & sound ... busy plotting ... new villians ka bharti chalu hai .... everything is left where it was .... I dont think this MU will be decoded .....  Evil or Very Mad  nothing is making sense in this show ....

varshaakulkarni
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-06-02, 23:06

Hey I heard mita vashisht is the new villain - for some reason, her casting struck me as perfect!

she's a very powerful movie/TV personality yaar.. whether she's in the same acting calibre as Ashwini is a thing to be seen.. but I don't think she's way below.. if you know what I mean!

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-03, 00:55

lashy, she is actor par excellence and no less than ashwini, she will be equally good or even better..i have seen her movies and she is too good!
lashy wrote:Hey I heard mita vashisht is the new villain - for some reason, her casting struck me as perfect!

she's a very powerful movie/TV personality yaar.. whether she's in the same acting calibre as Ashwini is a thing to be seen.. but I don't think she's way below.. if you know what I mean!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-03, 00:58

shyamala dearest, to save us from more torture the so called romance will take a back seat now..it will be more of hard core politics i believe and the new antagonist is a powerful actress, would love see her perform!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by varshaakulkarni on 2014-06-03, 00:58

lashy wrote:Hey I heard mita vashisht is the new villain - for some reason, her casting struck me as perfect!

Sab thik hai lashy .... but what about the old villians ...??? ye villian pe villian jo bharti ho rahe hai .... its kind of irritating me .....  ... pehle poorane villians se nipto ... fir naye villians ka samna karvao .... no positivity .... only villians .... 

varshaakulkarni
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-06-03, 07:14

Tube light did get the required voltage Aunty.  hppy

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-03, 07:33

mandygishyamala dearest, to save us from more torture the so called romance will take a back seat now..it will be more of hard core politics i believe and the new antagonist is a powerful actress, would love see her perform!

I guess what I saw on shaurya's akka TM twitter acccnt was correct ''ROMANCE ENDS N STORM COMING UP'' lol
yesterday's robotic romance free epi made the epi worth watching.

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-03, 07:36

knumnumshiningways2407. Nice post Aunty!! I agree that this ME was best among rest 3 n best epi of this week as well. Their romance lost their charm long back ago n what we r watching currently is robotic romance. I missed Maham whole week n on sat we got a good part of devil yet clever Maham. I doubt if the lady in cave was chand begum as per logic but cvs always lack logic.  Oh God ,Jalal should  dismiss every soldier n appoint jodha at their post becoz till now jalal's soldiers r proven useless.  What were they doing in market?? Buying bangle?? As per tabassum idea for that we have to see on monday, whether  its jalal's idea or again cvs made jodha hunar ki khaan.N abt rukkaiya ,Y I feel once again Jodha will b blamed for mc becoz the show cant proceed further without any MU as per cvs!!Priyan and Varshu, Now I understand why Jodha was given such jealousy dialogues abt Ruks and her baby (fake) in SR eppy!   
Hum aapki baat se ittefaq rakhte hai,kyunki cvs ko new n innovative ideas  kavi aa hi nai sakte .

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-06-03, 09:12

varshaakulkarni wrote:

Sab thik hai lashy .... but what about the old villians ...??? ye villian pe villian jo bharti ho rahe hai .... its kind of irritating me .....  ... pehle poorane villians se nipto ... fir naye villians ka samna karvao .... no positivity .... only villians .... 

Varshu, I think we are better off wid Villains and negativity  hpee  If u want positivity then u wud hv to jhelofy the rom'antics'  Scared Do u want tat?  Bang 

I hv seen Mita in KGGK and she was gud especially wid the sly nazar tat she gives. She ll be a gud one after MA leaves though we ll definitely miss Ashwini.

Only thing I care abt is that CVs ll stop making Jodha the detective in this step mom's case and tat, this step mom is intelligent enuff to not involve harem stuff to take revenge on Jalal!!!  zipped 

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-03, 09:24

@varsha  entry of villains r lot more entertaining than ROBOTIC ROMANCE of Akdha. Thats the reason I liked monday's epi after so many days. Believe me u will enjoy it ,provided Jalal is not shown dumb n Jodha as hunar ki khaan
@krishi di plz no more detective jodha. It really horrifies me.
As per history mahachuchak will trouble Jalal of which jalal was aware. So I dont want jodha to warn Jalal about mahachuchak. As  her role was completely political as far as I had  read recently.
As per history it has to Munim khan n Jalal who will get more involved in Mahachuchak's matter. 
I simply dont want any sbs type drama b/w jodha n mahachuchak.

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by knumnum on 2014-06-03, 09:30

shiningways2407 wrote:@varsha  entry of villains r lot more entertaining than ROBOTIC ROMANCE of Akdha. Thats the reason I liked monday's epi after so many days. Believe me u will enjoy it ,provided Jalal is not shown dumb n Jodha as hunar ki khaan
As per history mahachuchak will trouble Jalal of which jalal was aware. So I dont want jodha to warn Jalal about mahachuchak. As  her role was completely political as far as I had  read recently.
As per history it has to Munim khan n Jalal who will get more involved in Mahachuchak's matter. 

Priyan I hope so too. But do u actually believe tat, it ll happen so?  Rolling Eyes Current Jalal definitely needs a push from Jodha for his brain to work atleast 5% every day.

knumnum

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-03, 09:41

@krishi di 5% is fine(not everyday) but not 95% . But yesterday jodha didnt even give 5% of push. It was all Jalal's wit.

This is something I wanted to tell those zee people but  they r not picking up the phone. WTH.

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2014-06-03, 10:58

Thumbsup

the last one abt the poison  ROFL

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-03, 12:13

khelan ko maange chaand anokha ladla..lol..do not expect anything from ekta that will glorify jalal it will be all because of jodha and the natkye rupantar will be in grand sbs ishtyle
knumnum wrote:
shiningways2407 wrote:@varsha  entry of villains r lot more entertaining than ROBOTIC ROMANCE of Akdha. Thats the reason I liked monday's epi after so many days. Believe me u will enjoy it ,provided Jalal is not shown dumb n Jodha as hunar ki khaan

Priyan I hope so too. But do u actually believe tat, it ll happen so?  Rolling Eyes Current Jalal definitely needs a push from Jodha for his brain to work atleast 5% every day.
 hpee

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-03, 15:50

lashy wrote:
Lashykanna,
No, she won't. She knows that it will hurt him even more, and she will not want that. Not now. She does not want to see him upset in the least, whether about the baby or about anything else.
I was very pleased to see your detailed comments on this one; it is always so nice to have you back with me! I am inundated with visitors, so I can get only very limited laptop time, otherwise I would have responded at some length there.
I liked the Jodha-Jalal scene last night.
It was charmingly light-hearted, and at last there was what I had been asking for, some content in their conversation other than the dil, haivaan, insaan, and Radha-Krishna, and even if her hunars came up, there was some mention of Jalal's hunars as well!! And for a change,  both of them were  good, which too was welcome.
I was very pleased with it, and even more so when Jalal became serious as soon as Jodha mentioned Chand Begum. He sat up, and actually got that portrait idea on his own. Hallelujah!
And as I told Mandy, there was no place there for any passion (not that this Jodha could have rustled up any! hpee );  it would have looked odd given the mood, which was pure fun.
Affectionately,
Shyamala Periamma
Omg aunty, Jodha did decode that MA misread the letter than led to that dhakka... 

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-03, 15:53

Riyya my dear, it is SO nice to have you back with me, with your icons for each post of mine! I do not like this physically challenged octopus for a hug, but I suppose it will have to do!Shyamala Auntyriyya6 wrote: long hug Thumbsup

the last one abt the poison  ROFL

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:30

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: