Latest topics

ArHi FF: Destiny Games

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ArHi FF: Destiny Games

Post by rrekha on 2013-03-11, 12:51

I can visualize Arnav's flaring nose when Khushi calls him Arnavjeeeeeeeeee :)

Abavi may i know ur native? Pls ignore this if ur offended.

im desperately waiting for the next update. pls make it soon.

rrekha

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-03-11, 17:22

rrekha wrote:I can visualize Arnav's flaring nose when Khushi calls him Arnavjeeeeeeeeee :)

Abavi may i know ur native? Pls ignore this if ur offended.

im desperately waiting for the next update. pls make it soon.
I am trying desperately to find some time to sit and update Rekha... :P

I belong down south dear, I come from a place where they speak tamil and settled in - (once upon a time) garden city of India:)

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by rrekha on 2013-03-11, 17:39

oh ok So ur a from TamilNadu. I have been brought up there.

I asked bcos i saw ur Joke corner.

Romba nalla irundathu.

:)

Thanx for the instant reply.

Great Going. peeping everytime for ur updates.................................... Bye

rrekha

Back to top Go down

Post by rrekha on 2013-03-14, 10:10

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Are u there ????????????????????

Updates pls Miss You

rrekha

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-03-14, 10:36

rrekha wrote:oh ok So ur a from TamilNadu. I have been brought up there.

I asked bcos i saw ur Joke corner.

Romba nalla irundathu.

:)

Thanx for the instant reply.

Great Going. peeping everytime for ur updates.................................... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wow, u know tamil too? great!
Ha I am so sorry to keep you all waiting, I am just a little busy with my Kidwa's assessments... that I dont get time to get into a writing mood... Will soon give a update...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by shruti46 on 2013-03-20, 15:03

plz update it soon..

shruti46
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6 Part 3

Post by Abavi on 2013-03-27, 14:25

From the author's desk: here is the next update people, I have given you all the much asked for ArHi filled update... But I am not sure if you people would like it

Thanks for the lovely feedbacks and impatient wait
Happy reading

Chapter 6- Feats of Assumptions
Part 3- Fallacious Influences

As Payal honked at the private gate, a security rushed to open the large gate, to the left of which "Sharma House" was engraved in a large golden plate. She parked her car in her house parking lot.

As she walked to her house entrance, she noticed the other gate which was normally used by the public to access her father's office was pretty crowded.

"namastey Babyji" It was Shulka, her father's personal assistant.

"Namastey Shuklaji... father has announced another movie is it?"

"yes babyji... People are waiting to meet him"

"Is he not at home?"

"He is there Babyji.. Madamji and he came a little while ago"

"Oh Shit!"

"Babyji?"

"Not you Shuklaji'" She said annoyed at her situation. Arnav had told her strictly to not create any doubts on their mind'She had hoped to reach home before her parents came home. Making up her mind on how to react to their interrogations, she stepped into the house, soon to be intrigued by the conversation between her parents

"Sharad, Why is he calling you now?" Susheela demanded her husband as he finally ended him call with his surprise caller.

"Nothing Sushee.. It's about someone he knows... He wants me to give that person a chance in my next new movie venture"

"Oh.. I thought- he called you for you know- Payal- Akaash thing"

"I thought too.. it is surprising you know... when you think a person is staunchly your opponent's supporter- he gives a call and talks almost in a very friendly tone.- May be doesnt know that we are not in talking terms"

"But I should urge you to be careful with him- I dont get a good feel about it..."

"I know... I only asked this person whom he wanted me to give a chance to come and meet me in a week's time... We will see about that later... "

They both were diverted as they saw Payal coming in

"Where were you all this time Payal?" her mother asked her

"To meet a friend- to invite her for my engagement" Payal answered coolly without even looking at them as she went into her room and banged it close.

"She is lying- she went to meet that Akaash" Susheela told her husband "Just like she lied to us about that cut in her finger that she got suddenly from yesterday evening- Knowing that her engagement is tomorrow"

"I know... She thinks that she can fool us- We are her parents- we know her better" Sharad replied back.

"How can you take this so lightly, Sharad? I am so scared if she will elope one day with that Akaash- just like that"

"She won't have a chance Sushee-She wouldn't have expected the bombshell that I am going to drop on her tomorrow- nor would Akaash or Arnav- who is advising her on this game would expect it- they all think they can stage this drama and get away with it' they are all merely small fishes- How can they expect to win people like me who are sharks in playing this game?"

Arnav glared at Kushi as she stood there biting her lip.

"I mean, when I was waiting at the reception, I heard the women folks referring to you as Arnie bwoy" Kushi explained him "I thought maybe you preferred to'"

"SHUTUP" Arnav shouted at her, as she simpered standing there

"I said Shutup" Arnav shouted again

"I stopped talking long back"

"Why are you smiling at me then?"

"Excuse me' Is smiling at someone a crime here?"

"NO! Smiling is not' but you were smirki---forget it" Arnav told her exasperated, "Why did you come here? Have you got my papers ?"

"No I haven't' I tried to speak to my father.. but"

"But what' He didn't tell you' isn't it? Is there anything new?"

"Look, don't be so rude- He keeps telling me that"

"I don't have all the time in the world. If you came here to tell me that you haven't got the papers still then"

"Will you let me speak?" Kushi asked him as he kept glaring at her

"It is not my fault- I tried to get the location of the papers- but He wants to meet you badly- he has something that he wants to tell only you'I told you this before ' but you sent your lawyer and he refused to speak to him- Can you come once to meet him?"

"I went to meet him this morning"

"You did?" Kushi asked surprised "Are you serious?"

Arnav went around his desk, as he removed his coat and put it on the back rest of his chair and switched on his laptop.

"Did he speak anything?" Kushi asked him expectantly.

Arnav didn't answer. She had to repeat the question again.

"No he was under sedatives"

"oh.." Kushi sighed disappointedly "Will you be able to come today evening then? "

Arnav didn't tell her anything for a while. Kushi was getting irritated and controlled herself from going forward and snapping his laptop shut. She hated it when someone didn't answer her.

"Did he say something to you about how he got the property?" Arnav asked her after a few minutes of silence

Kushi stared at him, that he looked up at her and repeated his question. She pretended to be busy looking for something inside her shoulder bag.

"When I am asking you something- Answer me dammit" He shouted at her as she faced him

"Now you know how one feels when their question is unanswered..." Kushi told him, as he looked at her stunned with surprise.

"No he didn't tell me anything"

"Didn't he tell you that my father was his childhood friend?" he asked scrunching his eyebrows.

Kushi raised her eyebrows in surprise. Wondering how he knew this, she nodded

"yes, he told about some childhood friendship" she told "but he didn't say much after that but how do you know it by the way?" Kushi asked him

"That's none of your business- but still you kept this away from me" The anger was evident in his voice.

"Oh the lawyer overheard it"

"Good that he heard, otherwise, I wouldn't have guessed the level of your honesty"

"look- I didn't mean to hide this from you... He just started but, I don't even know if they went to the same school or grew up in the same neighborhood'." Kushi told him "If that is the attitude that I would get for helping you'"

"Helping me? You owe me this- for my timely help" He told her, sounding a little towards the haughty side of his, though he didn't mean to be arrogant.

"Timely help? He was in that situation because of you'you got him arrested and he suffered an attack because of that." She retorted back at him, her own ego raising its head- though all she felt towards him for that gesture was gratitude.

Both of them stared at the other, their eyes throwing draggers at each other.

"I can give you only a day's time- I need my property papers by tomorrow- I don't know what you will do to get it to me" He told her in a menacingly slow voice "I don't want to waste another half a day at the hospital expecting him to wake up- it's all a waste of time"

"Are you threatening me? Don't forget you have nothing to hold against me if I say no to you" Kushi told him as she went and stood in front of him, both her hands on the table "Nothing at all- You can't get anything out of me with this kind of an attitude-Not even my hair!"

"How dare you" He growled at her as he stood up and advanced towards her, she didn't flinch nor did she move back. She stood there, glaring at him with a rage equalizing his.

"I should have guessed" He told her in spite, "I can expect nothing but this from the likes of you and your father- Gold diggers and cheaters"

He was in his vindictive best and the words were said to hurt and wound the receiver and it did find its target successfully. Her eyes reflected the hurt that she felt for a moment before she guarded herself.

"What else could we humble and poor expect from the likes of you 'other than arrogance, imprudence and animosity?"

"What else do you or your father deserve for taking advantage of my father's weakness?"

"My father wouldn't have imagined anything on those lines- You have no rights to humiliate my father- Another word from you about him'"

"What will you do?" Arnav asked her, not even realizing as he clutched her arms hard.

Kushi shoved his hands away from hers as hard as she could. He released it, realizing his folly and stepped back.

"I realize there is no use talking to you anyway. Before accusing my father, if you have a working brain, think if your father was more foolish than you to have written away crores worth of property to anyone whom he called a friend"

Arnav stood there stupefied by her words as she moved towards the door.

Arnav's landline started ringing. She turned to look at him. He picked up his call in anger.

"If you want anything from us anymore- you come to us- I wouldn't come to you nor would I let my father to" she told him as she picked up her bag and swung it across her shoulder.

Arnav who had been listening into the call- opened his eyes in surprise

"Whom did you say?" he asked into his receiver, paused to listen for a moment "connect me" he called out and switched on the speaker.

Kushi stopped in surprise as she recognized the voice coming out of the speaker.

"Hello am I speaking to Arnav Singh Raizada?"

"yes" Arnav said as he looked at Kushi triumphantly

"Father" Kushi gasped in surprise.

"I just came to know that you came to meet me at the hospital" Shashi's voice blared from his mobile

"I did- you wanted to talk to me"

"Yes, it's is very important." Shashi told him "Arnav, you would have known by this time that your father and I were childhood friends. You would also know that almost 50 crores worth of your family property is in my name. I had thought you would be smart enough to come to me in present situations- Nevertheless-I will be proactive here and let you know my precious secret. Don't you want to listen to it?"

Kushi blinked at the landline and then at Arnav. It was surely sounding like Shashi's voice, but she didn't recognize the coldness that it harbored. Arnav looked bemused at the tone too.

"Tell me" Arnav called out looking at Kushi sarcastically.

"I and your father were high school mates' Your father owed his life to me- I saved him once from a life threatening accident- and that day, he promised me anything that I would ask him. Years later, when I met him finally, he was true to his words- He said he owed me still. My request was simple- I asked him to help me fulfill my promise to my wife at her death bed- A affluent and wealthy married life for my daughter. My friend was reluctant when he came to know that I was asking for one of his son's hand in marriage for my daughter- He was struck in between being a good father and a gentleman- He finally signed off some of his property in my name- as a compensation for what he couldn't fulfill."

"I understand that you are badly in need of these property papers- I will put forward my terms and conditions- Marry my daughter- and get the property back"

As Shashi's voice coursed through the conversation, Arnav saw Kushi's face ashen in disbelief and suspicion.

"If I don't?" Arnav asked Shashi bitterly

"if you don't want to- I still can find an equivalent highborn groom for her- with this property as a bait- the choice is yours"

"Would your daughter agree to this condition of yours?"

"Oh she doesn't know yet- I Know how to deal with her- it is you who have to decide on this- you have time till tomorrow evening"

"I will get back to you" Arnav called out and ended the call

Kushi looked too shaken to speak.

In the neighborhood where the Guptas lived, Sameer felt strangely dry as he saw the car leave the place. He was a popular face in that locality for his ability to mimic famous film personalities. He was desperately trying for an opening in the film world- and today- when the opportunity knocked its door- He couldn't believe his eyes. The man boasted to have huge connections in the film industry and not only did he offer him to get him a chance ' he also got the great SS - Sharad Sharma- a big shot film producer to give him a chance'He made Sameer speak to SS'which itself was a dream come true for Sameer. But all things didn't come for free' He had to pay for this. At first he was not ready to sell his talent for his opportunity- but then, like all frantic and desperate poverty driven aspirers, he gave in to his temptation.

Now he stood after he accomplished what was required of him- in the process, witnessing his self-respect lose shamefully to his ambitions. He waved off for the so called gentleman, who had asked for something which was far from gentlemanliness... He knew he had stepped on and defamed the morality of that someone to reach his ladder of fame and even if that person forgives him in future, he would never be able to forgive himself.

Hope I was able to bring out what had happened clearly. If it is still confusing for you, it will clear out in the following chapters

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6 Part 4

Post by Abavi on 2013-03-27, 14:31

From the author's desk: Apologies for the late update people, As I told, the mother in me has been fighting against the writer in me... and this update has actually been done part by part each day, Finally I reached where I wanted to end it... I have done the proof reading and stuff.. But still you feel it is kind of discontinuous somewhere, let me know.

Happy reading and loads of hugs for the patient wait, persistent stalking and generous feedbacks!

Chapter 6: Feats of Assumptions
Part 4: Schemes of Will

"I am sorry, I misjudged your father to be a gold digger- He is not only that- he is an opportunistic blackmailer too" Arnav told unsympathetically to a shocked Kushi

"I can't believe this" Kushi gasped "I don't believe this"

"Wasn't it his voice?" Arnav's tone was dripped with derision

"It was .. but but.. He can never … He is not…" Kushi stammered as she tried to come to terms with her father's call. "h..how.. how did he know your number?"

"I left my visiting card in his room" Arnav told her as a matter of fact…

Kushi stared at Arnav for a while as he raised his eyebrows mockingly at her.

"So he wants to use the property that he doesn't even own the right way to secure your marriage…" he told her "to anyone- that is…" Arnav told her with deliberate sarcasm "and he doesn't even mind your opinions in it…"How wise and kindly!"

"NO" Kushi told in almost whisper, "I refuse to believe this"

"Refuse to believe even after you have heard it all?"

She looked at him like a dear caught in headlights… then she turned and walked hastily towards the door. When her hand was on the door handle, Arnav's sly and cold voice reached her. For some reason the coldness in his voice gave her shivers.

"You promised me my property papers… and I would lay my hands on it anyway… When my opponent is rightful, I play it that way too… when my opponent is scheming, I wouldn't hesitate to play dirty- and that would be 10 times more conniving than his approaches… Don't expect me to show mercy to your father…"

Kushi didn't say anything, She turned and looked at him for a brief moment, he was eyeing her with a curious expression. She turned back, opened the door and then was gone.

When Kushi rushed back to the hospital, to have a one on one with her father, She was stopped by Happy at the hospital reception.

"Kushiji"

"Happy Ji… I need to talk to my father… "

"But how will you speak? They are not letting anyone in now"

"Why?" Kushi asked, her instincts alarmed.

"I don't know Kushiji, the doctor told you to meet him as soon as you came… where were you by the way?" Happy kept quipping as Kushi had already started walking towards the ICU.

"Mr.Raizada had come to meet Shashiji"

She abruptly stopped and turned to him

"Were you there? Why didn't you let me know immediately?"

"Kushiji, I had some personal emergency and had to rush, I was happy that Mr.Raizada would be there until I came, But he felt before I came… also when I came, the nurse was not letting me in and all that… they were asking for some payment also… that's when you came in"

Kushi peeped into the view hole briefly; her father was in the aid of the oxygen mask. She was shocked to see this as he was absolutely normal when she left him this morning… Did Arnav lie to her? Did he get to speak to her father? Was it why her father was now undergoing these complications?

As fear gripped her, she walked towards the doctor's cabin.

"Your father had some breathing hitches this afternoon; this is a common symptom for a heart attack. But still we had to be cautious" the doctor told her in his serious tone.

"Would the breathing difficulty prolong?"

"We have done what we could to control it… But if it doesn't go, then, we might have to keep him in observation for a day or two"

"Is he alright doctor?" she asked him earnestly.

"His reports are clear, expect for a minor block, which I think wouldn't need an operation, if his health and food habits are in control. Also if his BP is under control and not getting too excited positively or negatively- he should be fine. "

Then it struck her, she had just an hour back, listened to his voice.. didn't she?

"When did he develop this breathing difficulty doctor?"

"Early this afternoon…"

Kushi nodded and moved out of the doctor's cabin. This was getting more into a puzzle maze… She needs to talk to her father soon… She decided it was not the right moment to talk to her father. But sooner or later, she would talk to him. Soon her thoughts started to linger around paying his hospital bills. She peeped into the view hole again to have a look at her father's relaxed posture. She had a thought if the hospital was prolonging her father's stay just for her to pay the bills. It would be better if she was able to settle the bills sooner. With that determination, she walked out of the hospital.

A day later, Arnav got a call from Mr.Roy. He listened into the phone for sometime.

"What?" Arnav spoke into his mobile with shock. "How do you know?"

"I have been stalking his visitors' right from the time you told me that he called you" Roy told him with importance "and he is already making his moves"

"What about the girl?" Arnav asked Roy, He thought the girl left the place with determination.

"The Girl has been in and out, but I don't know if she knows anything of her father's move. She has been trying to get money to settle her father's medical expenses."

"I see…"

"This is not all… I have more news. Unless we make our move fast- we are going to miss out on our opportunity to lay our hands on those papers."

"What do you mean?"

"One young man had visited Shashi last evening, and my sources say that he was there for some time. I had my contacts to do background verification on this person, my sources say that there were incidents in the past when this young man was interested in Kushi- and is quite well to do- I hear this man has got some political imfluences as well"

"Which means?"

"I infer that there are wedding talks going on."

Arnav remained unusually quiet. He was oddly very angry with Shashi's rash decisions than being concerned about his property papers. He felt angry for Kushi's sake, his anger directed towards Shashi

"Mr.Raizada, that's why I say, if we don't do anything, the property will slip through our fingers"

"What is this man's name?"

"Vikrant..Vikrant Desai- he is the son of the local counselor who was elected by the people in the locality where the Guptas live.- I am sure shashi is …"

"That's enough! I will take care of this… I want you to listen carefully to me now" Arnav growled into the phone.

Roy listened to Arnav for the next few minutes.

"Mr.Raizada, Do you think that Ms.Gupta will accept for this proposal?"

"That is my problem Roy- You do what is required of you…"

Arnav cut the call and stared into a far distance outside his window. This was the only way right now, he convinced himself. He needed to talk to Kushi soon-He knew there would be reluctance- but he hoped to get her to the edge of acceptance as soon as possible- for the time was closing in on him- both from Kher's side as well as Shashi's side...

That evening, Kushi walked towards the reception of the hospital. She had finally managed to arrange for enough money to settle her father's bills. As she mentioned Shashi's name and pushed the amount through the counter, the girl at the counter, looked at the screen and then at her with a baffled expression

"But mam, the payment is already done. It's been updated that Mr.Shashi Gupta will be discharged today"

Kushi was stumped to hear this.

"What? Who made it? " she asked the girl.

"I made it"

Kushi froze to hear that voice again, that too in near proximity. She turned to stare into the chocolate brown eyes of Arnav as he looked down at her

"you? who asked you to make my father's payment?"

"Mam, please move out of the queue, there are others waiting in the queue" the girl at the counter requested her.

"No, Take this amount, give him his amount back…" she told the girl at the counter.

"You give it yourself mam" the girl told her with a sigh.

"Excuse me would you please move aside and have your quarrels… we need to pay too" one man at the queue told her off.

Kushi walked out of the queue, enraged with the situation.

"You can take your money back… I am able enough to look after my father's hospital bills… Also, I don't want to accept money from people who think that I or my father is a potential gold digger or blackmailer"

"If you have to return back my money, then you need to give me a 5000 more, I made the payment for the first day too… if you have forgotten" Arnav replied back to her outraged comments with a calm composure.

"You… how could someone be… What else can I expect from you… Give me some time I will give back that amount too" Kushi told him as she extended her money.

Arnav looked at her extended hand, controlled his smile and then brushed it off.

"that's.. Alright…keep it with you – You can give me the whole amount later."

Kushi opened her mouth to protest against his denial to accept money

"there are more important things to discuss… I need to talk to you… Can you come out- to the parking lot? " Arnav asked her. She raised her eyebrows. "It's too crowded here… and we are already getting curious and unwanted audience" he insisted

"That should be done, if only I wanted to talk to you in the first place." Kushi told him. How she liked to see his smirk disappear… She started walking towards the ICU

Arnav rolled his eyes. He had expected this and he was prepared. He followed her, controlling his rage. Never did any girl walk away from him when he was talking to them…

"Don't you know it is indecent to walk away when one is conversing with you?" he asked her as he followed her.

"No.. it is not indecent if the girl thinks the man is not worthy enough" Kushi replied back to him

Arnav hated this behavior that she was dishing out on him. But before he could open his mouth and tell her anything, he heard her draw her breath quickly as she was about to turn around the corner to the ICU unit. She stopped on her tracks and withdrew herself towards the bend. She quickly opened a cupboard which happened to be a broom closet and without second thought, entered in pulling in a startled Arnav inside along with her.

"What the"

She put her finger to her lips, indicating him to keep quiet.

"What do you think you are doing"

"ushhh"

She looked through the creak in the cupboard opening, Arnav leaned in to peep out too. As he inclined towards her, he could smell her, she didn't smell of anything expensive, like the other girls in his love life. But still her feminine smell was captivating enough for him, He thought he liked her perfume… or was it only a talcum powder or may be her shampoo… he was distracted enough until he heard her murmur

"There he goes"

Arnav saw a man passing the corridor and walk straight towards the exit.

"What is he doing here?" she asked more to herself.

"Who is he?"

Kushi looked at him, then noticed how close they were standing to each other, so close that she could get a whiff of his cologne which had surprisingly become so familiar to her after their encounter at the police station.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him

"What the… you pulled me in" He told her indignantly

She remembered pulling him back when she decided to hide herself. She immediately moved back and then noticed she was still clutching his hand.

"Sorry" she said as she let go of his hands.

Arnav was not bothered enough of her holding his arm. He was too curious about the man who passed them just now. He opened the door and stepped out.

"Why are you scared of him?"

"I am not scared of anyone…" Kushi retorted back as she stepped out of the cupboard too "He is .. he is just a nuisance…" she told him "just like you, and I like to avoid nuisances when I can" she added as an after thought

"How dare you call me a nuisance?" he stepped closer to her, making her move back against the closet door, not out of fear, but to escape the proximity again- once this evening was enough to fluster her. Also inside the cupboard they were standing in dark, he wouldn't have a chance to see how flustered she was with his proximity. But with broad day light, she didn't stand a chance.

"Acting like this to a girl is considered a nuisance…and indecent"she told him. He paused to look at her flushed face and then stepped back. He knew then she wasn't meaning it. Weirdly he liked the thought of her being nervous around him. He hadn't expected her to pull him in, nor did he mean to act offensively with her, but still he had to agree that he did live the moment.

"Look, there is something very important that I need to talk to you… "he started, but Kushi was not even interested. She peeped at the direction where the man had walked away and sighed relieved.

"He is gone… Thank god, he didn't see me… I am in no mood to tolerate indecent flirts right now…"

"Is he Vikrant Desai?" Arnav asked all of a sudden as his conversation with Roy came back to him

To say Kushi was shocked would be an understatement.

"Do you know him?" She asked Arnav

"Not personally, But I have heard about him.. he is the son of a local politician or something isn't it? "

"He is a creep… a skirt chaser…- the world's biggest and cheapest flirt- I hate him" She gave him additional info "But why is he coming out of my father's room?"

Arnav was surprised of the fact about how smoothly they both slipped in and out of alternating between casualness, seriousness, bickering and quarrelling…

"You would be surprised, but I had information that your father is in talks with him "

"Why would my father be in talks with him? He hates him"

"May be not anymore… Considering that he is more determined to marry you off to anyone who is wealthy enough"

"Stop it" She glared at him with fury "Do you even know what my father's intentions are? He would never even dream of getting me married to such a rat"

Arnav controlled his sudden eruption of laughter. Kushi calling that man rat, oddly reminded him of Payal calling her fianc a Pig. He suddenly realized that Kushi had been giving accounts of how much her father and she hated that 'rat'

"…..have been incidents of street brawls between my father and him.. I myself have gotten him arrested for eve teasing 2 times… and still managed to survive his kin's threats… and you think my father would get me married to him?"

"That's what I heard… if you don't want to believe me…fine…" Arnav turned back and started to leave

"Wait" Kushi called out "you said you wanted to talk to me"

"I have already told you what I wanted to tell you…" Arnav told her, his smirk back where it belonged… things were on track, so soon…

"You wanted to tell me this? You came all the way in spite of your contempt to pay my bills and then warn me against something that would never happen at all? I don't believe this- you are too selfish yourself to this charity work"

"Impressive- you have working brains" he told her scathing at her remark

"How dare you!"

"Alright listen, As you have already guessed, I did all that for my own selfishness" he told her coming directly to the point. "I have a plan to get my property papers back.. and I need your help for that"

"My help? All you need to do is turn around that corner, enter my father's room and talk to him"

"Isn't the phone call enough to know his intentions? I don't believe in wasting my time in useless talks."

"Look, I told you already, that could be a huge misunderstanding… My father is not like that…"

"Even after all this, you still believe that nothing has happened and everything is fine?"

"No, I..I don't believe that my father could have any such thought… He is not like that" She trailed off…

"God bless you if you are still in that dream world… Didn't you hear him speak yourself? Or even now with Vikrant's involvement.. Do you think your eyes lied to you?"

Kushi looked disturbed.

Arnav went on to tell her his plan. As he told, her eyes widened

"How dare you ask me to help you to deceive my father?" she asked him incredulously.

"This is the only way out of the mess that I have landed in and you have landed in as well… if you are ready to believe that your father is already in talks with Vikrant.. that is"

"No I can't do this…"

"You have the whole evening to decide and let me know"

With that, he turned back and started walking towards the exit. Kushi stood there watching him go with disturbed and unsettled thoughts.

Hmm.. Long update… I know… Most of you would have guessed where I am taking this… If you are one amongst those who haven't guessed it right yet, don't worry, I will take you there in the next update…

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by rrekha on 2013-03-27, 17:32

Finally you updated..

I think arnav will propose for a marriage of convenience

Its my imagination....

Anyways let me wait n watch

rrekha

Back to top Go down

Post by rrekha on 2013-04-09, 12:05

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can u hear me Abavi

Where are u?

Takkunu vanduruvennu sonneenga

Ithu than unga takka?? Wink

Update soon

rrekha

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7 part 1

Post by Abavi on 2013-04-17, 10:27

Chapter 7: Destiny's call

Part 1: Master of all Mix-ups

As Shashi got rolled into the ICU room after his final stretch of tests, the nurse who was by the medicine tray looked up.

"Haa.. Here you come' How come you always get visitors either when you are asleep or when you are gone away to take some tests?"

"Had Arnav Raizada come again?" Shashi's eyes sparkled with expectation.

"No'Not this time" the nurse told him, smiling as she remembered the young man who visited Shashi when he was under sedatives. Shashi had been very disappointed when he came to know later that the man had visited him when he was asleep. But then, he got an asthma attack and things got out of control.

"This man called himself as Vikrant Desai.. He said that you know h.."

"That Kaminey? Why did he come here?" Shashi screamed, shooting up his BP bemusing the attender who had strolled him in as well as the nurse.

"Cool down'" the nurse instructed him, thinking it was good that she had sent him away as the visiting hour ended.

"Was Kushi here when that fool was around?"

"No, I haven't seen your daughter for the whole evening'" The nurse told him, calming him immensely.

"Thank god" Shashi breathed relief at the news.

He even chuckled when the nurse added "He surely looked like a fool- a haughty fool at that"

"Yeah he is'" Shashi said "I wish Arnav visited me again"

"Hmm' He was a nice fellow' charming personality- handsome features- pleasant mannerisms!"

"May be he took after his father' I haven't got a chance to meet him yet'"

"You haven't met him at all?" the Nurse asked in a surprised tone

Shashi shook his head "I have seen him once recently' at a distance' that was before I collapsed with heartache"

"Understandable!" the nurse chuckled softly "young men of his caliber take away the hearts of young maidens and give heartaches to the fathers of young maidens!"

Shashi laughed heartily.

"Nothing in that sense though'" he told her "Nothing stolen and nothing given.. infact it is far from it"

"Yeah, the man told me'" The nurse told him "that he is not related to you- neither would he be related to you in future"

"He is right"

"But I don't quite understand your obsession with meeting him"

"It's complicated"

"Are the wedding bells present in one of those bends of complications?"

"You wish!" Shashi told her

"It's a shame' that it hasn't crossed any of you yet'they both will make a good pair!" She said excitedly, partly wishing her instincts were true and partly hoping to get some juicy gossiping time

"I have once proposed him that though" Shashi told her lost in thoughts

"you did?" the nurse asked "and he didn't agree?"

"I don't know" Shashi told her. He then looked at her confused face and smiled "I was not in my senses when I asked him that- I was drunk"

"Then ask him once again when you are in your senses"

"Oh there are other things to consider' I wouldn't go against my daughter's wishes'" Shashi told her.

"She isn't interested?"

"Yes' She isn't interested in this rishta" Shashi told her. But then, it was exactly what Kushi who had just found that time to slightly push open the door heard when she finally decided to return back to check on her father after Arnav left her with intriguing thoughts.

Already worried about the weird news reaching her about her father's association with Vikrant Desai, the words instantly invoked the inquisitiveness in her and she stood there hidden, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"It is a shame!" The nurse told sympathetically' "They would make a lovely pair! Why wouldn't she agree to it?"

"I don't know' She has her own views on life"

"This generation girls'" the nurse muttered "You know what?" The nurse told him chuckling "Forcing them is the only way' that what I would do if I were you too! Use your health as a reason and blackmail them into a marriage'"

Shashi laughed. The remark and the laugh that followed were not at all humorous for Kushi and she squirmed with the revolting idea, conveniently assuming that they were talking about her and Vikrant. She completely missed out the "chuckling and fun" part of the conversation between the Nurse and her father, partly due to the information that was given to her a little earlier and partly because she didn't have a chance to peek into their face mannerisms or body language from her hidden position.

"What is happening here? Is father talking about me and Vikrant? Is it possible that whatever Arnav told me is true then?" she thought to herself.

Then she heard her father speak.

"And by the way, Don't mention about Vikrant Desai's visit to my daughter' I don't want her to get tensed about that"

"Trust me' I won't" the nurse answered back.

This piece of conversation confirmed her worst fears as Kushi felt tears stinging her eyes. Unlike her usual demeanor to go to her father and have a heart to heart talk as usual about her concerns or fears, probably for the first time in her life, she decided not to confront her father directly when they were having contradicting views. She felt cheated and left down by her own father. She silently moved away from there, finding a need to spend some time alone- contemplating about her future moves.

Arnav stood at his office cubicle facing the window which opened a magnificent view of the city. Roy sat tapping his pen impatiently at the table.

"Mr.Raizada' What if she wouldn't agree? What is your next plan?"

Arnav turned and looked at Roy irritably. Soon his mobile rang. He swiped it to see it was Kushi's call

He threw a victorious smirk towards Roy as he received her call

"Hello"

There was a brief silence on the other end. Then she spoke. There was no formal greeting; she directly came to the point.

"I agree to your plan" she whispered in an agonized tone

"Are you alright?" his concern was brushed away unceremoniously

"I would want my lawyer by my side- is that fine?"

"y..yeah.. absolutely fine'"

"Ok then, when are we doing this?"

"Tomorrow?" Arnav said a little flustered, He hadn't expected the matter to pick up speed in this manner. "I shall meet you in the hospital lobby tomorrow- OK?"

"Yes- See you tomorrow" she said bluntly

"Ku'" Arnav started but she had already cut the call.

He rolled his eyes and looked at Roy who was looking at him with concern.

"She agreed?" Roy asked in an incredulous tone

Arnav shrugged his shoulders as if to say yes

"She didn't have much choice" he said thoughtfully

"But this is unbelievable' I knew I was worrying unnecessarily' Ok, Mr.Raizada.. so much to do before tomorrow.. Off I should go'" he said as he stumbled before he stood up, shook hands with Arnav in a awe and then left the room.

Arnav went back to the window. Kushi sounded very upset over phone. He felt bad doing this to her. But if he considered from her view point- he was helping her too' wasn't he? He was helping her escape the clutches of a marriage to a person whom she didn't like' This is much like a mutual help he told himself as he tried to put her worried tone out of his mind. He broken voice somehow didn't sit right with him.

As Roy started his car from the parking lot of Arnav's office building, his mobile rang. He received his call with triumphant satisfaction.

"Yes Mr.Sher. . . . . . Didn't I promise you that piece of land? '' . . . . . .Yes I know''. . . . . . It is 35% Sher, I cannot compromise on that . . . . . . . .' You don't have any idea how much coins I had to move to get those papers moving'' . . . . . . No it is 35% not even a .001 reduction from that''. . . . . . . . . This is not too much for you Sher, you as well as I know how much you are going to profit from that land''. . . . . . . . That's better'' . . . . .yes, You will hear the registration date from me soon'. . . . . . ."

He ended the call and threw the phone on his passenger side as he moved out of the parking lot. His face glowed with an astute glee. Ajay Raizada was wrong' It was so easy to fool his son- didn't he get to him even through the hurdles he had put? Ofcourse he hadn't expected Shashi's presence in this matter, but when he found that out- thanks to Shashi's drunken state revelation of the property to Arnav- he had to move his coins really fast- and fast he did move it' He had to be careful not to let Arnav and Shashi meet- and all it took was a phone call- a forgery phone call- which stopped Arnav from meeting Shashi.

Then things moved on its own accord as he expected'Except for the single call that he had to make to Kushi a little while before he met Arnav today- but that was only a triggering call to make things move a little faster- telling her how important it was for Arnav to get those papers as soon as possible- for he was heavily debted and he had to sell them if he needs to save the family from bankruptcy- He did enjoy the little talk with Mr.Raizada at his cabin a while before, it was so entertaining to let people believe that they were the smart players of the game' while the actual game changer was he himself'
Tomorrow there will be another small step towards his goals'. Not long after, he will be successful- very successful in his plans that he has been devising for long years now!

As relatively happy, relaxed and confident Roy drove into the busy roads of Delhi, Up there at the his room, a visibly disturbed Arnav looked out of his cabin window. Kushi did sound very upset, and he was surprised that she called him in less than an hour to confirm the plan from her side.

He didnt want to force her, But he was out of time, and he had to get hold of the papers, and ofcourse this plan would help her too, he consoled himself. She didnt seem like someone who would agree to get married to a man just because her father wanted her to... He could sense there were more options for her out of her situation, but still she opted to agree to his plan- albeit little saddened.

Somewhere at the back of his mind, a voice urged him to call her back and console her. He contemplated if he should give her a call back' then the thought that he should probably go and meet her raised its head' the voice at the back of his mind, bloomed into an overdrive, voicing out a scene where Kushi would see how considerate a human being he is'

He rapidly shut the voice out, mercilessly cutting down the imaginary scene that it was spinning up. This was surely getting out of control' He moved out of the window to immerse himself into those things which needed attention.

Ok, thats it for this update, I do know this update would'nt satiate a lot of you, for the absence of a proper ArHi interaction or the usual gala time between the siblings... Hold on to your reigns, the next update is half done already, So expect an early update... albeit a small one! *hint* *hint* its heavily loaded with Arhi ofcourse!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7 part 2

Post by Abavi on 2013-04-17, 10:29

Part 2: Modus Operandi

Roy's Stratagem was a simple yet powerful divide and rule policy. Creating misunderstandings between parties which when joined together could threaten his aspirations was his preferred means, he simply manipulated the minds of the concerned people such that they wouldn't desire any dealings between them.

Roy had been the mastermind behind the state the Raizada family's wealth had reduced to. Though he was only half way down the final objective that he had sketched out for himself, he knew that getting Arnav sign the deal for Mr.Kher was a very significant step in his plan.

Now there were two things which threatened his objectives- One the potential union of Arnav and Sheetal- Having been an accidental witness to the family's enthusiastic discussions about the girl whom Arnav had brought home a few days back, he had been very disturbed that the union would eradicate Arnav's desperate need for money- The girl being wealthy enough, could support him financially, thus all of Roy's hardwork would go into the gutter. Wasn't this the same reason for him to spoil the friendly understanding between the Sharmas and Raizadas? The Sharma's could have possibly given financial support to the Raizadas if the marital alliance was a mutual one, he played in such a way that the families were now not on speaking terms- even if a marriage happens between Akaash and Payal, the film producer wouldn't damn much bothered about Raizadas's financial crisis anymore.

The second was an obstacle that he never expected. Though he had made Ajay mere putty in his hands, He had to admit that Ajay had been shrewd'. he was not as careless as he thought him to be' nothing else could explain his act of transferring the most valuable lot of his family heirloom to his trust worthy friend, who wasn't even a member of his elite group.

But still, Roy had managed to find out Ajay secret obstacle and precaution and had indeed used it for his advantage, he had got there before Arnav could get the entire picture'and had even managed to deter Arnav's meeting with Shashi. But that was not a permanent solution' If they met again, there were chances that things could go wrong- very wrong'

Now he decided to move the pawns in such a way that not only Arnav will earn Shashi's hostility but also Sheetal's hatred. It was indeed a child's play to let float a rumor that could easily take care of such things.

There could be 2 outcomes out of tomorrow's drama' the easiest and smoothest being that if Shashi was eager about his daughter's married life, he can happy buy the marriage and give Arnav the property papers- but he had a hunch that it was not going to be this smooth- He had a feeling that Shashi knew more than that and that's why he had been asking for Arnav. Even if Shashi tells Arnav about his father's precautions, there was no way for him to know about Roy's involvement. If he ever gets a clue, then he would take a different approach to the whole thing.

Roy knew that Kushi was someone who can change the game entirely- for she was the one who was at the moment the only link between Arnav and Shashi. But Shashi would do anything to see his daughter happy and he will definitely not be happy if he knew that Arnav used his daughter for the property documents. Roy was thus happy with how the things were progressing; he had a working plan and an alternate one too.

As much as Arnav tried to get into the mood to work, his mind kept going back to Kushi's agonized and broken voice. After an hour of near futile attempts to divert his mind into work, he gave up on the endeavor and grabbed his car keys.

Kushi sat quietly trying to gauge her father's behavior. She had already agreed to Arnav's plan following what she had heard earlier in the day but still she couldn't believe that her father with whom she had spent the entire life ' the father who had been her mother too 'after she lost her mother would do something this hideous just for the sake of fulfilling his dreams? This was not typical of the man who raised her'

She noticed that her father had been quite peaceful the entire day, engaging himself in small conversations with her. He had even caught her worried face the moment she walked in after he was transferred to the ward room, which she had shrugged off with ease. She also noticed that he hadn't spoken about her wedding to her for the entire span of time which was quite abnormal according to her.

Is he acting? Or was this a huge misunderstanding? Should she speak to him about Vikrant's visit? Will she be giving away Arnav's plan if she spoke about it?

It was then she received a call and nervously glancing at Shashi, she stepped out to attend it.

Shashi noticed that Kushi was not in her usual chirpy self for last four hours she sat by his bedside, She had not started any conversation- nor did she encourage any of his topics of discussion. Her answers were to the point and the conversations ended abruptly. As far as he remembered she had never been like this' No once ' only once he had seen her like this ' But that was long back' when she was in her teens ...The Mehtas... Aman and Kushi... how close they were? The only time when she hid something that big from him... But that was long back... Didn't she promise him that day that she wouldn't hide anything from him? Was she hiding something from him again?

As Kushi walked out to the hospital lobby her eyes wandered around seeking the one who had been the reason for her to step out of her father's room.

She soon saw him standing near the cafeteria, his hands in his pockets, looking the other way. She sighed as she walked towards him.

"Hi"

Arnav turned to see Kushi greeting him. From the time he heard her troubled voice, he had been in dilemma if he had to drop the plan completely or to go ahead with it. He knew he was being incredibly selfish- Whatever had transpired between her father and him- or rather his father was not her fault. She was being made a victim in this case- just as he was- but he was willingly getting into this- for his family name was under stake- But she didn't have to agree to his plan- If she didn't like Vikrant, she had numerous ways to get out of the situation' But she agreed to help- just because she promised him that she would do anything to help him get his papers.

"Would you like to have anything- Coffee, tea?" he asked looking towards the cafeteria.

She raised her eyebrows.

"Did you come here to get me a coffee?" her sarcasm was evident, In the little time they knew eachother, Arnav had been well aware that Kushi was not someone who would encourage beating around the bush- She dealt everything pretty directly- to the point.

"No, not really, hmm.. actually I thought you sounded a little upset when the 'yes' reached me"

"So?"

"So, I thought I would pay you a visit' None of the girls in my love life had been this upset to say yes to me" he told her raising his eyebrows.

"Are you for real?" Kushi asked amused and then added sarcastically "What else did you think would happen? That I would have jumped happily and said yes hugging you with happy tears and then sit right away to prepare my shopping and guest list for the wedding?"

Arnav let out a chuckle

"I wouldn't have expected any less'when the most admirable and prominent young man asks a girl to be his wife'" he told her smirking a little. But she cut him half sentence

"Correction my lord- it's not to be his wife'to act as his wife for an hour or two- at the most a day'" Kushi corrected him as she stepped closer to him with a finger pointed at his face, that he had to involuntarily step back a little' albeit smiling at how his idea of bringing her mood back to normal has clicked.

"Now on second thoughts, I do think that I shouldn't have wasted my precious emotions to say yes to you' an SMS should have been sufficient- saying that Kushi Gupta has considered your petition to act as your wife for an hour'."

"That would have saved my time and petrol too'" he told her jovially "I should have guessed what to expect seeing the sarcasm flowing towards me"

"What else did you expect from me then"

"Gratitude perhaps? This was a crude one- but a help nevertheless"

"Gratitude? You thought I can't handle this Vikrant Desai? I can - even 10 Vikrant Desai's' and more if they dare to come my way'"

"Alright you can'" Arnav smiled at her

"Ofcourse I can'What did you think? That I would succumb and keep begging for mercy? Or did you think that I would come running to you and ask you to save me?"

"You did' Didn't you? I mean you sounded upset, and I had to do something' and now that I know that you are back to normalhood' I can take leave"

"Wait'you do think too high of yourself'What did you think you are? Eh? A Superman?" Kushi asked him annoyed, as she kept coming towards him, forcing him to retreat back, until he hit the line of chairs in the reception and landed on one of them.

"you thought that you are the one to save me? The one who can change my moods and take care of my miseries?" She asked him bending towards him with her forefinger pointed at his chest "tell you what? Not only Vikrant Desai- I can handle a 100 Arnav singh Raizadas as well if I have to' and no one'NO ONE apart from me controls my life- Din this hard into your thick head! "

Arnav tiringly pushed away the reminiscent memories of his own dialogue which came to the fore' the one he had told to Payal not very long ago about men getting overprotective over the girls whom they like. He was suddenly aware of how cornered he was by this girl.

"Alright" he said as he stood up hitting his head hard with hers. "I was feeling a little guilty that I might have forced this upon you'" Arnav told her as they both stood there rubbing their own head at the place where the bang happened "Now that it is clear that it is not like that' and that you can very well take care of yourself' My conscience remains clear- It's a deal then"

Kushi looked at his stretched hand for a few seconds before she took it.

"Yes it is a deal'If you were thinking that you are forcing this on me' you don't have to worry about that' It is not you who is in the position to show mercy' It is me' I am helping you and not the other way around'So stop feeling all almighty, Alampanah and go do whatever needs to be done."

"You might have to sign a document tomorrow morning. Make sure your lawyer is there to assist you if required"

"What document?"

"Some papers to be processed' Whatever we are going to do tomorrow is only an act of convenience. I do not want any connections or obligations at a later point of time'" Arnav told her in a business like tone.

"I assume that is mutual then?" Kushi told him "I can't carry extra baggage in the deal too" she said pointing towards him

"I am as professional as I can be in this matter- You don't have to worry about that" Arnav told her "Do you have any other questions?"

Kushi shook her head. Then it happened, a young kid in his haste to run past her dashed against her, making her collide headlong against him

"Watch where you go kid!" he shouted to the kid unexpectedly scaring the boy.

"I am sorry didi" the kid whimpered to her

"Aman, careful!" a teenage girl who had come chasing him called out "Sorry about that' My brother is scared of injections and he ran away when the nurse came in with one"

"NO that's alright' I am fine" Kushi told as she pulled the boy near her, kneeling next to him

"Your name is Aman?"

"Yes"

She kissed the boy on his cheek

"Why did you kiss me now?"

"Because I like your name" She winked at the boy

"You like the name or do you like someone by that name?"

Kushi laughed at the question.

"So are you scared of injections?" Kushi's tactic to change the topic raised Arnav's curiosity. Does she really know someone by the name Aman?

The boy nodded

"I was too when I was young' then one day I grew out of that fear"

"How?"

"I knew someone by your name and he taught me that it was a silly little thing to be scared off'" she smiled at him

"Your Aman wasnt scared of injections?"

Kushi looked uneasy with the boy's way of questioning... She bit her lip. Arnav kept noticing her expression, his mind wavering too and then he saw that she smiled at the boy.

"Yes... he wasnt scared of injections for he is a very very brave boy...Arent you a brave boy too Aman?"
"Yes' But I haven't yet decided if the injections are silly things yet"

"Come Aman, we need to go, Mamma Papa are waiting there" the girl called out.

"I don't want to go'" the boy told Kushi

"Why are you getting injected?"

"He has got fever' They are doing blood tests for him'"

"You need to get the tests done to get alright" she said softly to him as she handed him over to his waiting sister

Kushi kept looking at the boy with a soft expression on her eyes and a smile on her lips. She seemed to be lost in thoughts that Arnav had to call her twice, the second time the call came in a irksome tone for being ignored.

"Oh .. yeah What did you say?" She said as she looked at him.

"I said I am leaving" he snapped at her

"Yeah, see you tomorrow" she said as she turned to back to look at the kid again, Sighing to herself as the kid was just disappearing around the corner.

Arnav turned back and marched to the entrance of the hospital, feeling angry, annoyed, ignored and invidious about that faceless and maybe a non-existent Aman whom he thought that Kushi might know' then he turned to glance at her as he stepped out only to catch her smiling to herself, chided himself for the direction of his thoughts and stepped out.

Oops.. who is this Aman now? What a coincidence that both the father and Daughter are thinking about him? who is he? how is he related to the story? Arnav is concerned for sure... Should he be worried about this Aman guy? see you all very very very soon with another update...

Last edited by Abavi on 2013-04-17, 10:31; edited 1 time in total

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

chapter 7 part 3

Post by Abavi on 2013-04-17, 10:30

Chapter 7: Destiny calls
Part 3: To have and to hold

The next morning, Kushi stood at the entrance to the hospital with Happy.

"Father is getting discharged today afternoon"

"I know Kushiji' But can't you rethink what you are about to do now?"

"You think I am doing something wrong?" She asked him, then slowly added "I have never acted to my father' ofcourse this is wrong' But this is only a drama right? He wouldn't be that mad if he comes to know later'"

"You should have talked to him' I didn't mean to offend you- I only thought.. Why this way?" Happy told quickly as she looked at the man next to her. They were acquainted only in the last ten days- but they have instantly become very good friends - She was surprised that people like Happy still existed in this world. He had not only been a good friend, but also a moral supporter during her time of crisis.

"I didn't take any offense" She assured him "I know my father.. He will not do anything that would damage me' The only reason why I agreed to this was that Mr.Raizada is in dire need of those papers' and Father is in dire need to meet Mr.Raizada' Its only that I thought the sooner I get over this the better' and also thinking back, I have tried hard for two times to make my father and Mr.Raizada meet.. everytime there was something that would stop them. This way, they will finally get to meet' and moreover this is nothing serious right? If Father was hiding something very important, this would force him to speak out.. Mr.Raizada will finally know that my father was not what he thought him to be" Kushi told as she herself was surprised at how much Arnav's opinion about her father mattered to her.

"What about Vikrant's case?"

"That is still a mystery Happy ji' That is something between me and father' I will talk to him later"

"There they are" Happy told as she turned to see Arnav and Roy approaching them.

As the greetings were shared, Arnav looked for any worries or concerns about her face, but Kushi was determined to mask her face to all those emotions. He sighed before Roy handed over the document to Happy to give a glance. Kushi remained unusually silent as Happy went through the document and then looked confusedly at Arnav

"Arnav ji but this document..." Happy asked

"There are two documents in there- One saying that we are getting into this deal for purely business purposes and there are no legal attachments or connections whatsoever between us" Arnav briefed them "and the other one talks about us getting married legally"

"What?" Kushi asked him shocked "But'"

"And there is only one which will be legally registered- the other one is merely for your father' I think I don't have to tell you which one will be a registered document and which one is just a name ka sake document"

Happy looked up from the document and assured her that the document was fine and it was exactly what Arnav had told her.

"We need your sign here' My client has already signed it" Roy told her "and you need to sign here as the witness" he told Happy as he nodded at him.

"But we are'nt actually legalizing this' isn't it?" Kushi asked Roy

"No, this needs to be registered in the court or a marriage registrar's office to legalize it' We aren't going that far- this is just to convince your father" Roy told her.

Kushi bit her lip as she quickly glaced at Arnav who stood a little apart as the entire conversation took place. He was holding a bunch of files in his hand. Then she went ahead and signed the documents. As the formalities were done, Arnav came forward, took all the documents in his hand, carefully placing two signed copies of the first document in a file each and passing one to Roy and handing over the other to Kushi.

"This holds the assurance to you that there will be no obligations or bounds thereafter"

She nodded briefly.

"Mr. Raizada, there are two documents in this file"

"Yeah Roy, I told you to make only one copy of the legal wedding document' You made two- I haven't signed that- nor did I give her the copy for her signature. That doesn't hold good"

"But.. But Mr.Raizada'" Roy started to say something and then composed himself "Mr.Raizada, can I have a moment alone with you"

Arnav glanced at Roy with a curious expression.

"I will be back" he muttered to Kushi and walked a little away. Roy followed him

"Mr.Raizada, it is not advisable to not have a copy of this legal document' The other document does not speak anything about the deal between you both'- you told me to make it that way'that's why I made two copies of this'"

"I don't see any necessity to put down what deal goes on between us Roy. There will be only one copy with our signatures and that will be destroyed after the job is done."

"But Mr.Raizada"

"I wonder why you are so much excited about this Roy?" Arnav asked him astutely

"No no, I was just being cautious" Roy strutted

"yeah I know" Arnav told him mockingly as he walked back to the other two, with Roy close on his heels.

"Shall we go then?"

Kushi nodded slightly stiffening herself.

As Roy also intended to go along with them, Arnav, raised his hand

"No Roy, We will manage this alone- You don't have to come"

"But'" Roy told helplessly, he wanted to be present to assess the situation and carry on with one of his plans. He hadn't expected Arnav to oust him out of the agenda this way.

"Lesser the crowd the better- You both don't have to get involved in this'" Arnav told, not even ready to listen to whatever Roy was trying to come up with and started moving in.

"Let's go" Kushi glanced at Happy.

"Don't worry Kushiji- everything will be alright." Happy wished her

She fought down the panic building in her as she told herself that this was only an act'

"Cool Kushi" she told herself and then smiled at Happy

"Wish me Luck Happyji" she asked him as she handed him her file and then followed Arnav, albeit slowly as Roy stood there seething helplessly.

Kushi soon caught up with Arnav.

"Hi"

"Listen' Don't over act"

"Excuse me' You don't have to tell me that' Acting comes naturally to me' I have won prizes at school and college dramas"

"Ofcourse' you are a drama queen"

"Don't you dare call me that'" She stopped on her tracks'

"Truth is bitter sometimes" He smirked at her

"Didn't I tell you to stop feeling as if you the majesty here?" She asked him amused "I can say no to you anytime I want to 'How I want to say no to you and see your face for the sake of it"

"Alright Alright" he said "you are the boss in acting' Happy now?" he said as they started walking again.

As they got into the escalator, Arnav sighed aloud

"Finally alone"

"What are you going to do?" Kushi asked him immediately putting a distance between them

Arnav looked at her amusedly.

"So much for boasting about handling 100 Arnav Singh Raizadas" he smirked at her as he pulled out a velvet box and extended it to her

"What is this?" she asked as she surveyed it suspiciously

"nothing to be scared' not atleast for Kushi Gupta"

He flipped the box open impatiently to reveal a mangal sutra in the box.

"B.. but you said that we are not getting married for real.. I can't accept this from you" Kushi told him bewildered

"You need to wear this' your father would laugh at us otherwise'" he told her as he tossed the box at her.

She opened the box again to reveal the black and gold beaded chain holding a beautiful pendant. She was looking at it for a while before she heard his voice

"What happened? Is something wrong with that chain? Don't tell me that I picked the wrong chain'This is what they call the Mangal sutra chain right?"

She looked up at him and then back down' "No.. this is the one' and Its..its beautiful' you shouldn't have gone for such an expensive piece' it's just for a few hours'"

"That's alright' being Arnav singh Raizada's wife holds a class for itself' even if it is only an act, that standard needs to be maintained'"

"There goes the Double A syndrome again'" she commented

"Whats that?"

"Almighty Alampanah Syndrome ' You suffer from it" she told him with her face as straight as possible... and then both burst into laughter.

Roy excused himself from Happy whom he thought was a blabbering idiot anyway and approached the local phonebooth nearby. Roy wondered if Arnav had started to suspect him in anyway, If his curious glances and mocking answers were suggesting something, then he had to be careful with Arnav. He decided to settle down for Plan B- for he didn't want to take risks.

An anonymous call to a couple of local newspapers that a "familiar business tycoon who had taken the reigns of business recently after his father's demise had secretly and hastely gotten himself married to a young beautiful lass" was all it took to get the wheels rolling and that's what he exactly did. He didn't have the proof to offer to the journalists' but mentioning the place and the couple can do wonders when they are caught together in camera.

As the lift opened, they stepped out. She took the chain out from the velvet box and tried to lock it around her neck.

As much as she tried, she couldn't secure the lock and she slowed down, finally coming to a stop.

Arnav had been walking a little ahead asking her if this was the right floor as the floor appeared to the children's admission ward, and then turned to his side as he got no reply and then realized that she was not beside him, for a moment he thought she had chickened out and ran away but then found her standing a little away, her head tilted and her crunched in concentration as both her hands were lifted up and behind her neck trying to lock the black bead chain around her neck.

He went back to her.

"What happened?"

"This chain' Ofcourse I should have realized it' when it came from you' there should be some complexities involved' this chain has the most difficult locking mechanism in the whole world and I am not able to put it right" she told him annoyingly

"It's is a simple mechanism- very common with designer pieces' you just need to push down the knob and insert the hold inside'" he said

"Ouch' You and your designer'"

"What happened now?" Arnav asked wondering if she is the only woman in the world who can successfully get into a problem with every simple thing'

"It got tangled with my hair'" She moaned trying in vain to take it out.

"Let me help you'" he said as he turned her around, trying to remove the chain from her entangled hair.

"Yup done" he said as he stepped aside and Kushi realised to her horror that he had not only removed the chain from her tangled mane but had also secured the lock of the chain properly.

"What did you do'You locked it'" she exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah' you said this mechanism was new to you' I locked it.. What is the problem now? Come along" he said as he put his hand around her elbow pulling her along as her jaw dropped open. She soon composed herself with the reason that this meant nothing' the chain might be a Mangal sutra' but neither he nor she have to read too much into this gesture.

"you know what? I learnt to walk when I was an year old and I can manage it well by myself" she told him as he realized he had been pulling her. Just as he released her of his grip, they heard a voice.

"Hello Didi"

It was Aman, the same boy they had met the evening before. He stood there with his Sister.

"Hey Aman" Kushi said as she gave a hifi to the boy.

"So have they found out the reason for your fever?"

"hmm.. the doctor said it is the normal cold with fever' but they are giving him oxygen mask and all that'" his sister explained'

"Good' Back to home today then?"

They both nodded.

"What were you both doing there?"

"Where?"

"There'this angry uncle was doing something to your neck'"

"He sounds as if I am a vampire" Arnav mutterered to Kushi at the boy's question

"Aman, Didi's mangal sutra got entagled into her hair' Jeejaji was helping didi take her it out'" his sister explained him

Arnav who looked at the boy unbelievingly when the boy addressed him as angry uncle, nearly chocked when he heard jeejaji from the girl' The biggest shock came when Kushi instead of letting it go, got herself to clear the misunderstanding'he stared at her as she went to them with a dramatic expression

"No..No.. He is not your jeejaji" she said as he looked at her confused' "I mean he is not my husband' we were just playing'"

"What game?"

"Kushi' " Arnav started to warn her as she opened her mouth to answer'but he stood stunned at her answer.

"hmm' Mamma papa game?" She said and then she saw Arnav's widened eyes and then quickly changed it to "wedding game"

Arnav hit his palm on his head and turned to the other side and stood. Then he realized that they were on the wrong floor. May be one of the kid pressed the elevator button and they got out without even noticing that.

"Oh wow' that's so nice'I too play it a lot with my friends' can we play with you too?"

But without waiting for an answer, the girl ran to the play area and brought out some other kids

"Come didi"

Arnav stared at the events happening before his eyes as the kids pulled away a struttering Kushi away and made her stand in front of the clearing dias which had Krishna and Radha idols in it.

"Kushi" Arnav muttered as he went to her

"What is happening here?" Arnav asked Kushi

"wedding?" the kids answered on behalf of her as she looked at him petrified.

"Arnavjee' get me out of this please" she whispered to him

"you can manage 100's like me right' this should be a cake walk for you'" he told her angrily'

"Hold this jeejaji" Aman's sister told him giving him the garland that earlier was at Krishna's neck

"What the"

He saw a similar garland from Radha's neck was handed over to Kushi too which she accepted with a sweet smile and thanks

"Are you out of your senses? Why are you smiling' looks like you are encouraging them" he hissed at her

"Excuse me? They are only kids' you don't even know their psycology'" she told him "I can now do a drama and get out of this'"

"Exchange now" the kids instructed them

"Bachon' Look I don't like this jeejaji' Shall I marry Aman?" Kushi asked them pulling little Aman closer to her.

For some reason, this brought afore the ponderings of the earlier evening for Arnav. He wondered if she was already in a relationship with another man.

What is his problem if she is already seeing someone else? It doesn't matter at all' he convinced himself' but then he was not able to neglect the green head that was raising its head at some corner in him. He was crudely brought out of his ponderings when he heard a huge din'

"No Didi"

"Please Didi'"

"He is only correct for you.."

"He is only tall for you"

"Please"

"Please"

Then they started chanting like a mantra' "please please please"

Their din started to grow with every time that Arnav noticed it was starting to attract attention.

Some heads peeped out of the ward rooms.

"Hey Kids, No noise or I would put you all back into your wards" One nurse who peeped out of one of the room shouted at them.

"Alright" Arnav said just to calm the kids down "Only this.. ok?"

"yay!" they all shouted together as she stared at him' and he shushed them all

"Why did you agree?" she hissed at him "you are making this complicated"

"Am I?" he asked her gritting his teeth "you started it' I have no choice other than to finish it"

They quickly exchanged the garlands staring furiously at each other that it was because of the other they had landed at this situation. The kids cheered happily for them, Kushi was visibly flustered with anger and Arnav trying to get it all over without attracting any more attention.

"Now this is done, we need to go" Arnav told the kids as he took hold of Kushi's hand and pulled her towards the escalator.

"Wait wait' Sindoor is not done'" some girl with specs pointed out holding out the thali from the mandir counter which had some sindoor in it for them.

"NO" Kushi shrieked seeing that and glared at Arnav as if he dared to put that sindoor on her maang.

"If you touch it I will kill you" She told him

"Excuse me?"

"I mean if you touch me with that sindoor, I will strangle you to death"

"That's not the way to talk to your groom'" a kid told her

"Go Didi.. you don't even know how to play the game' why did you want to be a bride in the first place?" another kid asked her

"As if I wanted to be.. You all made me'" Kushi huffed "you be his bride if you want to' I am out of this game" Kushi told the kid.

"What the" Arnav muttered at Kushi's suggestion

"Oh.. She is so boring yaar" a kid commented'

"she is not sportive enough" another kid commented'

"yeah" few other supported her comment' this was the undoing for kushi..

"What did you say? I am not sportive is it?"

"Yes you fussed for garland and now you are fussing for Sindoor too' Jeejaji is sportive he said yes for garland and now also he is not objecting"

Kushi turned to glare at Arnav who stood there simpering at this comment

"Enough of being proud of this certificate that they are offering you" she told him scathingly "Why don't you say NO to them' Am I the only scape goat fool here?"

"Seems so" he said smirking and then changed his expression and went to the kids'

"Since Didi is bored of this game, how about playing some other game?"

"NO" they all shouted together' they had to be shushed again by him

"It's not fair' you don't start a game to leave it half completed'"

"It's just like holi.. You color her maang that's all" another kid wailed

"Yeah' But we are not playing Holi now isn't it" Arnav told them as he took the thali from the girl's hand and put in back in the counter.

"then let's play Holi" Little Aman came forward taking the vermillion on his hands and slapping it against Arnav's palm

"No' It's not Holi yet and we are not playing holi'" Arnav started to say sternly even as the kids all jumped into the idea grabbing a fist of vermillion in their own hands and throwing it against eachother'

As Arnav and Kushi stood there bewildered and confused at the situation just as one of the kids threw the vermillion on Kushi, some of which got into her eyes.

As she rubbed her eyes trying to get the dust out, Arnav calmed down the kids and stepped to her

"Let me look"

She hesitantly let him have a look and to her surprise she felt soft air being blown into her eyes, As she looked on into his concerned face he blew into her eyes using his hand to move her bangs out of the way and held her face in position, inadvertently staining that part of her face red with the vermillion that was slapped on his palm a little earlier.

The kids surrounded them observing intently. Some elder ones even oohed and aahed at them to their utter unease

"Fine?" he asked her finally as she nodded awkwardly

"Are you OK now didi?"

"See his is a nice guy' Only you didn't want to marry him"

"Hey look, they said no to Holi and Bhaiya actually colored her face"

It was then they realized as Arnav stared at his hand and then at her who was looking at him with rage'

"I told you not to come near me with sindoor" she screamed at him.

"it was unintentional" he told her offering his kerchief

She denied it and rushed to the nearby restroom to clean her face.

When she emerged out of the restroom 5 mins later, still seething with anger, holding her garland in her hand, she saw that Arnav had gotten along well with the kids and had cleverly diverted them to play some other game.

"If you are done with talking to your little friends, shall we go and do what is required of us first?" she asked him sarcastically

"About time" he said as he got up with his own garland in his hand.

They both went into the escalator as she checked her image on the escalator wall

"you still have a tinge of vermillion on your hair parting" he informed her

"I left it intentionally" she glared him "to act my part"

"Fine" he said and turned the other side.

"Look this is all a game ' and nothing more' ok? It ends by tonight" she told him.

It felt as if she was asking him for assurance. He smiled at her

"Are you telling me or telling yourself?" he asked her "it seems as if you are telling that to yourself- I am clear ' this is all a game- an act and nothing more"

"Wipe that smirk off your face" she gritted her teeth...

Arnav smirked further
"Dont you do the overacting again... Like child psycholosy don't start off any father psychology and get into trouble..."

"I know... Now do me a favour and shut up"

"You are asking me to shut up? Its better if you dont open your mouth unless required... you have a knack to open your mouth and get into trouble"
"You and your AA syndrome" She muttered as the escalator door opened to the correct floor.

As they stepped out of the escalator again, a surprise awaited them.

Oh sweets, Believe me I feel so sorry to leave you all hanging here'I havent yet typed the next update and shall post it ASAP... But I did give you all a long update and I gave you all the wedding too- minus pheres that is'

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7 part 4

Post by Abavi on 2013-04-17, 10:32

Part 4: Baits and preys

"Don't you dare to do the overacting again... Like child psychology don't start off any father psychology and get into trouble..."

"I know... Now do me a favor and shut up"

"You are asking me to shut up? It's better if you don't open your mouth unless required... you have a knack to open your mouth and get into trouble"

"You and your AA syndrome" She muttered as the escalator door reached their floor.

"Here we are" Arnav said as the doors opened.

As they stepped out of the escalator again, before they could realize, they were swarmed by an army of people clicking flashes on them and holding mikes in front of Arnav.

Arnav swore profanely that reached Kushi's ears. She was not surprised, she herself was in a mood to let out some curses under her breathe.

Kushi fought down an urge to pull him back into the escalator and press some random number on the escalator. She even moved a step back. But it seemed that Arnav guessed what she was about to do, for she realized that he closed his palm around her elbow and held her firmly.

"Mr.Raizada, we heard that you married rather suddenly. What was the reason?"

"Mr.Raizada, can you please introduce your wife to us?"

"How does it feel mam, to face the fire as Arnav Singh Raizada's wife?"

"You make a lovely pair, was this arranged marriage or a love marriage"

"When did the ceremony happen sir? Will there be a grand reception later?"

"Would we get a news meeting later when you would announce your wedding sir?"

Kushi was overwhelmed with the questions flying their way, she lost track of what she was being asked, she stood there like a trapped lioness, as his strong and firm grip proclaimed his need to protect her. She felt him pulling her closer to him.

Arnav then answered and his calm voice raised above all the clatter of questions and flashes.

"We are not married, she is a good friend and we have come here to visit her father who is unwell."

"But sir, we heard otherwise'"

"Whatever you heard is untrue. I would advise you people to not pay heed to sickly rumors. If you will excuse us now" he said as he moved forward, pulling her closer along with him making their way past the photographers and journalists.

"Sir, How is Mr.Shashi related to you? Is Mam here his daughter?"

"Mr.Shashi is my father's friend. I am here to visit my father's friend- there is no need to publicize and give so much weightage to this- or to read in-between the lines. Now if you will please excuse us, we need to go. " Then he saw Roy running towards him from the stairs.

"Oh my god, Mr.Raizada, I didn't know how they got a wind of these things..." he commented breathlessly.

Arnav didn't comment anything. But he was intrigued by Roy's restlessness which looked fake.

He quickly made his way out along with Kushi, taking care of her like any protective friend, until they both crossed the swarm of journalists, who were still looking for obvious clues for a juicy story.

"But sir, Mam looks newly married. What do you want to say about the garlands, sindoor and mangalsutra?"

"Are'nt people allowed to have married friends?" Roy blurted out, Arnav looked sharply at him, silencing her and then simple said "no comments" before he moved further. Roy made an attempt to ward off the photographers to leave Mr.Raizada and his friend in peace and followed the couple.

"Mr.Raizada, I suppose that blabbering lawyer of Ms. Kushi blabbered something accidently and these people got a wind of it' I tried to warn you but your mobile was unreachable"

"How dare you' Happyji wouldn't have done anything like that" Kushi hissed at him

"I didn't ask you for explanations Roy" Arnav cut him, calming down Kushi easily with a simple pressure on her elbows again "and I thought I told you that we are capable of handling Shashi's meeting ourselves"

"I heard it right the first time Mr.Raizada' I thought I could be of help, seeing that the reporters are here"

"Then be of help that way, attend to them. I will manage here. "He said and he turned around the corner with Kushi as Roy stared at them standing a little away from the reporters, who were gossiping amongst themselves.

Roy stared at the departing couple creepily and then slowly smirked to himself.

He sensed the approaching reporters and turned to address them.

"How did the reporters know about this?" Kushi asked Arnav angrily as soon as they were alone

"How in the bloody hell would I know?" he retorted back

"The way you handled them makes me feel as if you expected this'" she told him looking at him suspiciously

"Do you think it was me who asked them to come here?" he asked her incredulously.

She shrugged her shoulders

"Possibly ' who knows?"

"And what do you think I would gain by that?" he asked her in an annoyed tone

"I don't know.. May be you should be the one to answer that'"

"I don't have to answer for your stupid and baseless suspicions" he snarled at her "My casualness was the result of the fact that I am used to this kind of surprises"

"Oh yeah, I forgot" she told him, irked by that he had called her stupid' "ofcourse you are used to being discovered and clicked with various beautiful girls around your arms many times. But I do not want to be one of those girls" Kushi hissed at Arnav "Let me go" she said as she shoved his grip away.

Arnav slackened his hold on her as he realized that the reporters were left far behind.

"I had to hold you because you panicked." He explained her "If you had done what you were thinking to do' they would have spun stories around the behavior"

"How do you know what I was planning to do?"

"You were thinking of backing off into the escalator' didn't you"

Kushi was surprised at this, but still didn't give up.

"Ofcourse' I hadn't faced a swarm of people questioning and interviewing my every move like this'I am used to being free"

"Being popular and famous is not easy" he smirked at her

"You are surely at an advanced stage'"

"What?"

"AA syndrome"

He smirked at her.

"May be you should stop smirking and think what to do about the reporters"

"Haven't we left them behind?"

"they have clicked pictures of us"

"We will think about it later' If we react, the story would only get wilder, I will see what can be done on that"

"But still I pity you' I wouldn't like a life like that' No privacy at all' and all your actions are prone to be published- I pity the girl who would become your wife someday!" Kushi told him converting his smirk to a scowl.

As soon as they turned around the corner they saw a group of people in front of Shashi's room too and the nurse and the doctors there were chasing them off'

"Look, we tell you, this is a hospital. The man is not well- you are not allowed to crowd around here, however popular the man is ' or rather the man's relatives are. Who allowed you all to come here?- wait let me call the security" an young doctor was shouting at them as the nurses were supporting her.

As soon as Arnav saw that, his hands sneaked back to Kushi's elbows, his protecting instincts kicking back into place.

Kushi didn't take it lightly this time like the previous time, she shoved him away- gritting her teeth

"I can very well manage myself"

Arnav didn't let it go this time either with her remark about him becoming unnecessarily overprotective. He turned to her and mouthed a "shutup" as softly as possible, quieting her in disbelief.

He took advantage of her momentary shock and pulled her through the crowd of people who were again throwing questions at them with only simple statements like

"Please excuse us"'"Give us way please" '"No comments"

"Mr.Raizada" the young doctor who was earlier shouting at the reporters called him once he was inside the corridor which had heart patients "this is not acceptable- this is a hospital and these reporters.."

"I understand doctor. I didn't invite them here either'Believe me, I would be the happiest person on earth- if they left me alone" he told the doctor with a charming smile that the lady looked flushed.

"I was not able to tolerate it; I had to tell them off"

"You were right it doing that"

They were soon on their way to Shashi's room.

"Charmer!" Kushi told him

"Ofcourse I am" Arnav told her "But, Is this for real? I mean, Am I getting a compliment from the great Kushi Kumari Gupta?"

"Don't think this is a compliment' I hate flirts" she told him as she went past him pushing open her father's room door annoying him to the ends.

As soon as she entered the room, she saw her father staring at her ' the news has already reached him. The bulky old nurse friend of his was also there.

"So it is true you got married?" the nurse questioned her "Your father was laughing all this while that it should be the craziest rumor that he has ever heard"

She stood on the spot, looking at her father's questioning glance and the pain in his eyes that she decided then and there not to prolong this act. She threw away the garland that she was carrying all this while and started to say something when Arnav walked in on her. He hadn't expected her to stand at the doorway and muttered a sorry as he unintentionally shoved her forward.

"I didn't know you were this famous" The nurse whom he had met earlier when he visited Shashi told him.

"I didn't know either" Arnav half winked at her

"So u both got married?" she asked looking at them expectedly.

"Yeah, we had to' seeing that Mr.Gupta here was giving us a.."

"But why ?" Shashi asked enraged, Making Arnav raise his eyebrows. "Why did you do this Kushi? You didn't want to do this' why did you do this ' this way?" His pained expressions and equally honest tone suggested Arnav that something was amiss. He had expected Shashi to be harsh to Kushi- even angry ' or completely gloat at his aim getting fulfilled- but this agonized tone bemused him.

"Father' we we'" Kushi tried to say the lies that she had been practicing all night' But she just couldn't do it when her father was looking at her in a hurt way.

"This is what you wanted isn't it?" Arnav asked him markedly and quite uncertain with the question itself

But Shashi ignored the question.

"Why did you do it Kushi?" he asked his daughter "You said you weren't interested' you said no first ' then why now? Why all this secrecy? You eloped?"

This piece of information that Kushi didn't at first encourage the idea of Shashi's proposal to Arnav pricked Arnav slightly. Didn't you say the same thing to Anjali, Nk and Akaash too? A voice inside him accused him' So what if she said that' Koi farq nahi yet another voice solaced him. He decided to go ahead with the plan'no matter how crazy it sounded.

"Because you forced her indirectly'" he told him as he took out the document that they both signed earlier and threw it on the bed "This is what you blackmailed me with isn't it? this is what you wanted us to do'.For all that my father trusted in you' Now that you have got what you'" Before he could finish his sentence, Kushi's determined yet soft and calm tone reached him

"No father' this is all a rumor' we didn't get married" Kushi surprised not only the nurse and her father but Arnav too. He hadn't expected her to cave in this fast. He mentally smacked himself for trusting her act.

"I am sorry, I can't lie to him" she said as she looked at Arnav who looked as if he was gob smacked

"but what about the reporters here'your garland- your Mangal sutra.. the sindoor?" the inquisitive nurse asked with wide eyes

"I just put it on- myself'" she answered wearily

"Yourself?" The nurse asked her. She looked at the still red stained right hand palm of Arnav and then at her clean hands "that is something to believe'" she said thoughtfully.

"Would you please give us some privacy?" Arnav asked the nurse abruptly

"hmm. I'" the nurse started to say something.

"Mariam ji" Shashi told the nurse as he inquisitively took in the bemused faces of the young man and his daughter in front of him "Can you please leave us alone for a moment?"

The nurse excused herself regretting that she has been denied a right to be the first hand witness to this story. The door closed behind them. There was awkward silence in the room. The only noise in the room was the guilty fast breaths of Kushi.

Arnav had a rare combination of a shrewd mind and a kind and a compassionate heart- the uniqueness in them being that both were almost always at peace with each other. Right now it was one of those exceptional times when those two were at war- his heart was flashing him an instinct that he had completely misunderstood this person in front of him while the mind was trundling in a drive to use this surprise reporter's incident- to his benefit. He weighed what his next move should be- he chose the latter for he didn't really trust that his instincts were good enough- not for a person who had called him two days back with a completely different motive'

"Why this act" Shashi asked finally breaking the silence

"You should know the answer yourself'" Arnav told him "I don't understand the need for your innocent act now that we are alone in the room' you called me' you threatened me' we did it' this is very obvious ' I don't think it needs any explanations"

"But I didn't call you' this is the first time I am speaking to you' I have been waiting for so long to meet you' I .."

"Cut it out" Arnav barked at him "there is no use in lying' you called me and I made your daughter listen to your terms on this deal too"

Kushi stood there silently looking at her father who looked bewildered by this news'

"I am speaking the truth ' I never called you"

"So you mean to say that you never were in talks with Vikrant Desai as well? That he didn't come and meet you here?"

"Vikrant Desai? How do you know him? I mean how is he related in all this?"

"Why did he come and meet you father?"

"I didn't meet him either' I don't know why he came here' the Nurse Mariam told me that he had come when I had gone to take my tests' He left before I came back- Not that I complained about that" Shashi told earnestly while Kushi closed her eyes tight.

"I don't believe you" Arnav told him flatly, "there is too much of clich in your story"

"But this is true' as much true as what I had been waiting to tell you and meet you' But this act of yours was totally unexpected' This was a rash and imprudent decision- Now that the reporters have been called too' what did you think you were playing at?" Shashi's severe tone angered Arnav further.

"This is my way of getting back at you" Arnav told him pitilessly "Now that you know that your daughter is not married to me, by evening the news that your daughter has been married indeed would make its way to the gossips column. Now you have a choice to make- Give me back my property documents without any prejudice and then I shall declare in the press meet that the news was indeed a rumor" Arnav paused a little for the effect to sink in. He could distinctly hear the sharp intake of breath beside him. But he didn't dare to look that side. He had to focus now- this was the time for deals.

"Or else, this will always linger on, that she was rumored to be married for a day to a business man- not to mention that such kind of rumors always build extra horns' and I would not be responsible for any stories around it" Arnav told Shashi in a ruthless tone.

"So you planned all this?" Kushi asked Arnav in a dreadful voice "You informed the news reporters' You double crossed me? You filthy liar!"

Arnav didn't like wherever this was going'Why can't she shut her mouth for some time? He felt his rage rising against its barrier

"Think whatever you want to" Arnav screamed back at her "What did you expect from me when your father acted like a blackmailing gold digger and asked me to marry you? Eh? and then later on put on an convincing act that he never called me at all? Didn't you yourself hear his voice and witness Vikrant Desai going out of his room? If you can be this foolish to believe his plain lies' may be you can get used to my lies as well"

"Shut up" Kushi screamed at him "Don't say anything about my father .. you have no rights to say whatever you feel like' It was totally my fault' I thought that you would be a honest man' You are just like other wealthy spoiled brats"

"Oh so? what did you both think? that I would willingly marry you? This is how he pays for calling me and forcing you on me!" he shouted without realizing what he had been spurting out

This shouting match was going on between both of them, that they didn't realize Shashi's painful expressions as he clutched his chest.

He gasped as he clutched his heart and the monitor which was supposed to pick up his heartbeat rate started beeping as it went down the threshold level and he started to wheeze.

The beep however caught their attention, as they stopped screaming at each other, while Kushi lunged forward to hold her father, Arnav rushed out to bring help.

It all happened in a moments time and soon the two were asked to stay out. Kushi refused to leave her father's side.

"Please stay outside if you want us to do our job Ms. Gupta" the duty doctor to whom Arnav had spoken earlier told her.

"Kushi" Arnav whispered "come out"

"No Arnav' " She freaked "Father'"

"He will be alright'" he consoled her "you being here might not help his stress levels, let's wait outside"

He pulled her away ever so gently from the bed where she was clinging to her father's hand' Her father was still looking at the two while his face was covered with an oxygen mask. He painfully smiled at Kushi as he gestured her to go with Arnav.

As Kushi let go her grip on her father, Shashi took off his mask and wheezed a painful "Arnav"

Arnav came closer to him.

"No sir, You can talk later" the doctor told him "Mr.Raizada please wait outside. Sister, take them outside"

"No wait" Shashi wheezed as he struggled to get a key which he had been wearing like a pendant tied ot a black thread on his neck. "I might not be able to tell you much now' box number 293- Laxmi nagar metro station" he said as he thrusted the key into Arnav's hand.

Arnav looked at kushi with a bemused expressed and then back at Shashi. This time shashi was smiling at him and then his daughter. Then the nurse sent them out.

Both of them came out. Momentary forgetfulness gone with leaving the room, the fury returned back to both of them, combined with agony of her father's health state for Kushi and a baffled lot of curious questions for Arnav.

They both looked at eachother with antipathy as Shashi struggled with his life inside the room.

I feel like laughing like a villian bwahaahhahaaa... none of you had expected or guessed this MU between Arhi isnt it? ... but thats what makes them more interesting.. hai na? Oh yeah,.. there is more to worry about... Mr.Gupta's time is ticking off too... hold on... will be back with an update sooner...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by rrekha on 2013-04-17, 15:30

Hi Abavi,

Thank you for such a long update.

I have a gut feeling that something happens to shashi, Hope for the best.

Please make a regular update. This is a kind request.

Daily i peep into this blog to check for ur update.

Finally my wait has been rewarded.

Take care

Rekha

rrekha

Back to top Go down

Post by indcath101 on 2013-04-25, 01:16

Loved destiny games... :)
i mean its such a gripping ff....
pl. update soon... flower

indcath101
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 part 1

Post by Abavi on 2013-04-26, 16:13

From the author's desk: Hey people, sorry sorry sorry for keeping you all waiting... I am fine dears, thanks for the concern... I was only feeling a little bit lazy... you would know why when you read the update... thanks for the comments and double thanks for the patient wait...
This update is quite emotional - so brace yourselves

Happy reading- you will need all the cheer that you might manage to gather for this part...

Chapter 8- Inevitable lament
Part 1: The last epistle

After a brief time at the hospital, where the doctors tried hard to stabilize a sinking Shashi, Arnav left the place.

He initially had decided to stay by Kushi who looked very broken. But there were no friendly vibes from her, thanks to his twisting the tale which told her a different story far from what was true.

But soon Happy made his way to the lobby where they both were sitting. Seeing him, she blurted out everything'everything except for the unbelievable events which made her sport the ornaments which indicated her marital status.

"I drove him into another Heart attack Happy ji" she whimpered to her ever faithful friend.

Arnav stood there annoyed and exasperated about her trusting happy but when he had tried to console her earlier, she had neglected all his advances in that sense. Though he understood why she behaved that way, a wilder side in him, a side that he wasn't aware of until recently was roaring at this behavior of hers. The annoyance finally paved way for anger when she muttered to herself that she shouldn't have in the first place decided to help 'innocent' looking liars, he decided to call it finale and head home.

He spoke to Happy briefly about letting him know if there is any kind of emergency, to which Kushi commented that his services are not needed anymore and since her father has already given the key to the locker which probably had the documents which he was looking for, their liaison has come to an end with that and there was no need for him to be bothered about them.

He rushed away angrily from there. He first thought of going home and hitting the sack. His head was throbbing from all the events of the morning and to top that a very cross Kushi was giving him inconsolable grief which he couldn't explain. Guessing that he would not even be able to have a peaceful sleep if he headed home this way, he decided to head to the metro station. That remained one thing which could divert his mind effortlessly or so he hoped.

Box number 293 at the Lakshmi nagar Metro station happened to be one of the lockers that Shashi had hired. When Arnav approached the Station Master, to his surprise he learnt that Shashi had given them written permission in advance to let Arnav operate the locker.

"Good that you came today." The station master told him "The locker was hired till this month end. Do you want to continue using it?"

"No.. I just need to look into it"

"Alright" the station master told him as he called one of the men under him and handed him a key.

"Open 293"

"I have one key already" Arnav told him

"Yeah. These lockers are high security lockers ' they are double locked. We would need both the keys to open it. We have one key, the other will be with the person who rented it."

Soon Arnav was walking towards the lockers with anticipation. Why was a high security locker hired? Are the property papers really here? Is it safe enough? Why was this protection needed anyway? What was the threat?

The assistant used his key on the lock while Arnav looked on.

"You have to just shut it close once you are done." The boy informed him "If you don't want to use it you can leave your key with us and sign our ledger, if you have the key with you beyond this month, you might have to pay rent for that number of days too"

Arnav nodded and sighed in relief when the boy didn't linger there. He turned and left the place, giving him some privacy.

But when he opened the locker, he didn't find any property papers in there contrary to his belief. He only found some bank documents which spoke about an account which was a jointly created by his father and Shashi and also a big envelope which was addressed to him by his father.

Fighting the disappointment that was coursing through him, he quickly emptied the locker and walked back to return the key to the officer in charge.

Arnav decided to get back home before he went through the contents in the document. He went home as quickly as possible and reached his room, ignoring the surprised looks of the elderly ladies in the house.

When Arnav opened the document he found that it was a hand written letter to him by his deceased father. He sat down by the edge of the bed to read it. It started with a note

Dear Arnav,

If you are reading this letter, it means that I am no more' and I was not able to tell you all that I have been yearning to tell you before I call it quits from this world'

Arnav felt as if a dagger was being pierced into his heart. He took in deep breaths before he could read further. He hadn't cried much when his father passed away, the grief was indeed there, but there was a higher sense of responsibility that encapsulated him and he suddenly realized that he hadn't mourned for his father in entirety. Reading the hand written letter gave him a sense of anguish, a longing and guilty feeling like he had betrayed the memory of his father with moving on with life so soon.

If that was the emotion that he was having when he started with the letter, by the time he finished it, he was feeling devastated as the raw, intense emotions of angst hit him. He felt drained of every ounce of vitality as he slumped to the floor.

He learnt a lot of things from his father's hand written letter' a lot of things that he didn't know about his father, the Struggle that the man had to undergo after he got addicted to alcohol. How he had to suffer with foes that he actually thought to be friends' How he had been wanting a helping hand and had at numerous occasions thought of confiding in his elder son. But as the destiny had it, his elder son had been always clear that he was not that much interested in the family business and was more interested to prove his mettle in the fashion world. As a father, Ajay had respected it and has refrained from involving Arnav in the business related challenges that he had been facing. It was always taken for granted by the family that Arnav would be starting his new venture and it would be Akaash who would be taking the reins of the family business.

And it was too early to Akaash to get involved as such. So Ajay had fought alone when he discovered that there were leakages in his proposal figures, When his there were moles in the company and he knew not where and who. At one point, he took to Alcohol and soon with disloyal group of friends he took to gambling as well. Soon he was so addicted that he didn't realize when in a fit of drunkenness he was being taken advantage of. The realization had come too late when in a broken state he had remembered his long lost friend, Shashi whom he met in a local club. He then went in search of his friend who was his volley ball team mate when he was at school. They both had represented their district for national level championship.

Ajay had no clue of who his traitors were, but he was sure he was made to sign a bunch of papers when he was in his highest level of inebriation. Also he suddenly became aware of the seriousness of the situation if there was an attempt to murder him. He had confessed all his fears and concerns to his faithful friend but all that Shashi was able to do was to give him his sympathy. Ajay was sure of the deed that was already done and Shashi was not able to help him much with the task at hand, but Ajay had an idea. He wanted to safeguard the most valuable of the lot and wanted a trusted member to be made his binami. He didn't want to use his brother in law or his daughter as he didn't want anyone to predict whom he would have chosen for the task, so made Shashi his temporary binami until he was sure of the people who were trying to cheat him or atleast until his sons returned back.

Shashi was first reluctant to be the guardian of such huge property but finally relented and promised to maintain secrecy on the entire matter. It was also then, Ajay had decided to open a account for Shashi and transfer the family funds to that account. Shashi had then insisted that the account should be in both their names and so that one cannot operate the account without the other's presence.

Ajay had mentioned that he had to take this action to safeguard the property against his traitors and also against his own evil weakness. Thus Shashi had ended up with the property in his name. Also the bank account which was created had a locker facility with all the property documents apart from a sufficient amount of family fund.

Ajay had apologized to Arnav for the mess that he had left him and his siblings in, He also had requested him to take up the reins of the business for some time until it was stabilized. For, Ajay knew the capabilities of each of his children and he also knew that only Arnav can save the business. Though Akaash was hard working, he lacked the shrewdness that was required for the galloping up the business which was broken down due to betrayal and a firm which was scattered with spies who knows where.

"I know your interests lie somewhere else, But this is something that I request you to do, so that Akaash can manage when he is ready- when you think he is ready' Would you do it for me Arnav?"

Arnav found it hard to read further as the lump in his throat grew very painful and his eyes blurred with tears.

The end of the paragraph was a touching tribute to all his children and how he loved each and every one of them, even his little girl' though he had been keeping himself away from his daughter during the early days, owing to the fact that their mother died immediately after her birth, leaving him to tend to 3 very young children and a few days old baby, he had been foolish to think in his anguish that the baby was the reason for his wife's separation from him. The baby was an exact replica of his wife, but since he refused to create the bond with her during the early days, the bond was never as good as it had been for the rest of his kids' But still he loved her a lot, and had regretted his behavior towards her during her early days, he was very proud of his sons and how much they have bonded over the years with their sister, being the very father that he had denied to be to her.

Arnav hadn't realised that the time went by, he didn't know how long he sat there until Akaash came by and knocked at his door.

Kushi stood stumped as the elder man stood before her with a sorry face.

"I am sorry Khushi, we tried our best but he couldn't save him"

She felt as if the entire world had come to a stop'

"No'No doctor' Oh my god' I didn't drive him to death' Please doctor' Do something' Get my father back'he'he'he was ok half an hour back' I spoke to him isn't it?"

"Yeah I know' we thought he stabilized but then he started sinking again and Sorry we couldn't do more'" the doctor said as he kindly held her hand'and then left the place.

The nurse Mariam touched her head sympathetically and kindly as she sank to the floor shaking with uncontrollable sobs.

Oops.. Finally done... I am exhausted seriously... Shammi Jaan, you owe me one.. I kept my promise... next time you chat with me, let go of that Buaji's belan alright?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by indcath101 on 2013-04-30, 21:25

loved ur update... :)
as always its gr8...
update soon.. flower

indcath101
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-05-02, 19:58

Loved reading u.. U have written a beautiful story..

Truly gripping..

I'm in love with all the good characters.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do continue soon..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 part 1

Post by Abavi on 2013-05-08, 18:19

From the author's desk: Hey people, sorry sorry sorry for keeping you all waiting... I am fine dears, thanks for the concern... I was only feeling a little bit lazy... you would know why when you read the update... thanks for the comments and double thanks for the patient wait...
This update is quite emotional - so brace yourselves

Happy reading- you will need all the cheer that you might manage to gather for this part...

Chapter 8- Inevitable lament

Part 1: The last epistle

After a brief time at the hospital, where the doctors tried hard to stabilize a sinking Shashi, Arnav left the place.
He initially had decided to stay by Kushi who looked very broken. But there were no friendly vibes from her, thanks to his twisting the tale which told her a different story far from what was true.
But soon Happy made his way to the lobby where they both were sitting. Seeing him, she blurted out everything'everything except for the unbelievable events which made her sport the ornaments which indicated her marital status.
"I drove him into another Heart attack Happy ji" she whimpered to her ever faithful friend.
Arnav stood there annoyed and exasperated about her trusting happy but when he had tried to console her earlier, she had neglected all his advances in that sense. Though he understood why she behaved that way, a wilder side in him, a side that he wasn't aware of until recently was roaring at this behavior of hers. The annoyance finally paved way for anger when she muttered to herself that she shouldn't have in the first place decided to help 'innocent' looking liars, he decided to call it finale and head home.
He spoke to Happy briefly about letting him know if there is any kind of emergency, to which Kushi commented that his services are not needed anymore and since her father has already given the key to the locker which probably had the documents which he was looking for, their liaison has come to an end with that and there was no need for him to be bothered about them.
He rushed away angrily from there. He first thought of going home and hitting the sack. His head was throbbing from all the events of the morning and to top that a very cross Kushi was giving him inconsolable grief which he couldn't explain. Guessing that he would not even be able to have a peaceful sleep if he headed home this way, he decided to head to the metro station. That remained one thing which could divert his mind effortlessly or so he hoped.

Box number 293 at the Lakshmi nagar Metro station happened to be one of the lockers that Shashi had hired. When Arnav approached the Station Master, to his surprise he learnt that Shashi had given them written permission in advance to let Arnav operate the locker.
"Good that you came today." The station master told him "The locker was hired till this month end. Do you want to continue using it?"

"No.. I just need to look into it"

"Alright" the station master told him as he called one of the men under him and handed him a key.
"Open 293"

"I have one key already" Arnav told him

"Yeah. These lockers are high security lockers ' they are double locked. We would need both the keys to open it. We have one key, the other will be with the person who rented it."

Soon Arnav was walking towards the lockers with anticipation. Why was a high security locker hired? Are the property papers really here? Is it safe enough? Why was this protection needed anyway? What was the threat?
The assistant used his key on the lock while Arnav looked on.
"You have to just shut it close once you are done." The boy informed him "If you don't want to use it you can leave your key with us and sign our ledger, if you have the key with you beyond this month, you might have to pay rent for that number of days too"

Arnav nodded and sighed in relief when the boy didn't linger there. He turned and left the place, giving him some privacy.
But when he opened the locker, he didn't find any property papers in there contrary to his belief. He only found some bank documents which spoke about an account which was a jointly created by his father and Shashi and also a big envelope which was addressed to him by his father.
Fighting the disappointment that was coursing through him, he quickly emptied the locker and walked back to return the key to the officer in charge.

Arnav decided to get back home before he went through the contents in the document. He went home as quickly as possible and reached his room, ignoring the surprised looks of the elderly ladies in the house.
When Arnav opened the document he found that it was a hand written letter to him by his deceased father. He sat down by the edge of the bed to read it. It started with a note

Dear Arnav,
If you are reading this letter, it means that I am no more' and I was not able to tell you all that I have been yearning to tell you before I call it quits from this world'
Arnav felt as if a dagger was being pierced into his heart. He took in deep breaths before he could read further. He hadn't cried much when his father passed away, the grief was indeed there, but there was a higher sense of responsibility that encapsulated him and he suddenly realized that he hadn't mourned for his father in entirety. Reading the hand written letter gave him a sense of anguish, a longing and guilty feeling like he had betrayed the memory of his father with moving on with life so soon.
If that was the emotion that he was having when he started with the letter, by the time he finished it, he was feeling devastated as the raw, intense emotions of angst hit him. He felt drained of every ounce of vitality as he slumped to the floor.
He learnt a lot of things from his father's hand written letter' a lot of things that he didn't know about his father, the Struggle that the man had to undergo after he got addicted to alcohol. How he had to suffer with foes that he actually thought to be friends' How he had been wanting a helping hand and had at numerous occasions thought of confiding in his elder son. But as the destiny had it, his elder son had been always clear that he was not that much interested in the family business and was more interested to prove his mettle in the fashion world. As a father, Ajay had respected it and has refrained from involving Arnav in the business related challenges that he had been facing. It was always taken for granted by the family that Arnav would be starting his new venture and it would be Akaash who would be taking the reins of the family business.

And it was too early to Akaash to get involved as such. So Ajay had fought alone when he discovered that there were leakages in his proposal figures, When his there were moles in the company and he knew not where and who. At one point, he took to Alcohol and soon with disloyal group of friends he took to gambling as well. Soon he was so addicted that he didn't realize when in a fit of drunkenness he was being taken advantage of. The realization had come too late when in a broken state he had remembered his long lost friend, Shashi whom he met in a local club. He then went in search of his friend who was his volley ball team mate when he was at school. They both had represented their district for national level championship.
Ajay had no clue of who his traitors were, but he was sure he was made to sign a bunch of papers when he was in his highest level of inebriation. Also he suddenly became aware of the seriousness of the situation if there was an attempt to murder him. He had confessed all his fears and concerns to his faithful friend but all that Shashi was able to do was to give him his sympathy. Ajay was sure of the deed that was already done and Shashi was not able to help him much with the task at hand, but Ajay had an idea. He wanted to safeguard the most valuable of the lot and wanted a trusted member to be made his binami. He didn't want to use his brother in law or his daughter as he didn't want anyone to predict whom he would have chosen for the task, so made Shashi his temporary binami until he was sure of the people who were trying to cheat him or atleast until his sons returned back.
Shashi was first reluctant to be the guardian of such huge property but finally relented and promised to maintain secrecy on the entire matter. It was also then, Ajay had decided to open a account for Shashi and transfer the family funds to that account. Shashi had then insisted that the account should be in both their names and so that one cannot operate the account without the other's presence.
Ajay had mentioned that he had to take this action to safeguard the property against his traitors and also against his own evil weakness. Thus Shashi had ended up with the property in his name. Also the bank account which was created had a locker facility with all the property documents apart from a sufficient amount of family fund.
Ajay had apologized to Arnav for the mess that he had left him and his siblings in, He also had requested him to take up the reins of the business for some time until it was stabilized. For, Ajay knew the capabilities of each of his children and he also knew that only Arnav can save the business. Though Akaash was hard working, he lacked the shrewdness that was required for the galloping up the business which was broken down due to betrayal and a firm which was scattered with spies who knows where.
"I know your interests lie somewhere else, But this is something that I request you to do, so that Akaash can manage when he is ready- when you think he is ready' Would you do it for me Arnav?"

Arnav found it hard to read further as the lump in his throat grew very painful and his eyes blurred with tears.
The end of the paragraph was a touching tribute to all his children and how he loved each and every one of them, even his little girl' though he had been keeping himself away from his daughter during the early days, owing to the fact that their mother died immediately after her birth, leaving him to tend to 3 very young children and a few days old baby, he had been foolish to think in his anguish that the baby was the reason for his wife's separation from him. The baby was an exact replica of his wife, but since he refused to create the bond with her during the early days, the bond was never as good as it had been for the rest of his kids' But still he loved her a lot, and had regretted his behavior towards her during her early days, he was very proud of his sons and how much they have bonded over the years with their sister, being the very father that he had denied to be to her.
Arnav hadn't realised that the time went by, he didn't know how long he sat there until Akaash came by and knocked at his door.

Kushi stood stumped as the elder man stood before her with a sorry face.
"I am sorry Khushi, we tried our best but he couldn't save him"

She felt as if the entire world had come to a stop'

"No'No doctor' Oh my god' I didn't drive him to death' Please doctor' Do something' Get my father back'he'he'he was ok half an hour back' I spoke to him isn't it?"

"Yeah I know' we thought he stabilized but then he started sinking again and Sorry we couldn't do more'" the doctor said as he kindly held her hand'and then left the place.
The nurse Mariam touched her head sympathetically and kindly as she sank to the floor shaking with uncontrollable sobs.

Oops.. Finally done... I am exhausted seriously... Shammi Jaan, you owe me one.. I kept my promise... next time you chat with me, let go of that Buaji's belan alright?

------------------------------------------------------

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 part 2

Post by Abavi on 2013-05-08, 18:21

From the author's desk: hello people thanks so much for the comments even before I started sending out PMs' Here is another sad update' Hope this stretch passes away soon' my mood feels so bad after writing it'

Happy reading...

Chapter 8- Inevitable Lament

Part 2- The final rites

Arnav scurried back to his sentient form when he felt Akaash shaking him.

"What happened? I have been calling you for the past 5 minutes"

"Nothing.. I ..I was just reading something" Arnav said as he stood up.

"What is this?" Akaash said as he saw the letter in Arnav's hand and then exclaimed "Dad has left you a letter? Why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't know myself'" Arnav told in an exhausted voice
Akaash who had been giving the letter a glance then suddenly remembered why he had come in search of his brother.
"I forgot' Everyone are waiting for you downstairs' you are in the news"

"What? News? Why?"

"I thought you would be amused' They say that you got married secretly" Akaash chuckled at his brother.
But the humor didn't reach his brother like he expected. Arnav stood there bemused. He had totally forgotten to take care of that or to warn his family. So much had happened from this morning that the light banter that he shared with Kushi this morning seemed oddly very distant right now' and top of it he has to now answer his Family's questions.
"Don't tell me that it is true" Akaash attempted to bring Arnav back to his usual self'
Arnav pushed the letter into Akaash's hand and rushed downstairs. Akaash followed him in a confused state. Arnav surely looked jumbled up' Was it because of the letter or was there something which was related to the news, he followed his brother. They were met by Anjali half way in the stairs..

"What took you so long?"

"We were coming down" Akaash answered her.
"So how and when did this happen?"

"What?" Arnav asked her again

"The marriage" Anjali grinned at him "you are all over the news' You are famous than a bollywood celebrity' who is the girl by the way"

"That was fake news'"

"We knew it is' how did you manage to get into this scandal?"

Arnav tactfully avoided Anjali's questions as he went down the stairs'

There he found the entire family waiting for him with questioning eyes.
"Mami ji you can relax" Anjali announced as she went down the stairs behind her brothers.. "Arnav says that it is fake news'you still have got a chance to search for the perfect bride for him"
Arnav turned and stared at her

"Hey come on' marriage is a good thing and when it comes free you say it's all rumour' Nani was all ready to invite her bahu into the house'"

"What is all this Arnav?" Dadi's sharp tongue quieted Anjali's banter.
"Dadi, you should know' It is all a rumor'"

"Rumor? You have been photographed with the same girl who came here 10 days before whose father wanted you to marry her' and coincidently the media catches you both together and you call it rumor"

"What? Is that the same skinny girl?" Mami went to have a proper look at the picture "Oh yes.. that too conveniently with garlands"

Everyone else stared at Arnav for an answer.

"Holding garlands doesnt mean one is married... We happened to visit the mandir in the hospital... it was from there..."

"Why were you in the hospital?"
"I went to visit her father... he is not keeping well."
"Why would you want to visit him?"

"Its because its true that Dad and he were friends' very good friends' and he happens to have been entrusted with some property documents by dad.. I was supposed to meet him and 'Dadi' this has a lot of complications' "

"He is mentioned here- His name is Shashi right? Dad has told about him" Akaash suddenly informed them
"What is that?" Anjali peeped in
"Dad's letter to Arnav' " Akaash told them all and Everyone looked at Arnav in surprise.
"Ajay left you a letter?" Dadi asked him

Arnav nodded'" It was in Shashi's custody. " he told slowly.
"So thats why you went to meet him? how did you know he had one? did he call you?" Dadi asked him... Arnav looked everywhere but dadi "Read it loud Akaash" she finally ordered her other grandson.

Akaash looked at Arnav for any objection what so ever... when there was none, he started to read it aloud... Akaash had his moments of lumps in the throat when he read it out too and w
hen he had finished reading the letter aloud, everyone stood stumped at their places. Anjali was sobbing silently.
"Does this mean that Ajay again trusted the wrong person?" Dadi exclaimed

"No Dadi, Shashi is not a bad person- he was wrongly understood by us" Arnav explained calmly.
"Wrongly understood? Who would ask for a forced marriage? He is cunning enough to take advantage of our situation"

"He was drunk then' I have met him when he was sober.. and he is not like that- nor is Kushi"

"I dont want to trust him... Thank god atleast a part the property is safe- I would suggest you to take everything into your custody as soon as possible" Dadi told him and left the place.
Mami took a still sobbing Anjali to her room.
Akaash went to Arnav who stood there lost in thoughts.
"Arnav" he said as he trusted the letter back in his brother's hands..."Are you alright?"

Arnav shook his head.
"I have a bad headache Akaash.. I am fine... We will talk later" he told his brother.

Akaash nodded and then left the place. NK who had been standing there quiet shocked and bemused came to Arnav and hugged him.
"Hope everything is well Bhai"

Arnav nodded to him as he too left.
It was then Nani who had been maintaining her silence all this while came to Arnav.
"Is there something else that is troubling you Arnav?" she asked

"Nani? No I.. I am fine"

"I know your every reaction Arnav- I know you are feeling bad about something... If it is your father's letter, time will soothe you... if it is something else and if you feel like sharing it with someone... If you want to talk, I will be at my room" She said slowly to him and left the place.
Arnav stood there staring at the letter.

It was nearly half an hour later that Arnav found his way into Nani's room. Nani was stitching something when she heard him coming in. She kept her work aside and looked up at him.

"I need to talk to you Nani"

Then he told her everything' all that transpired between him, Kushi and Shashi- Everything except the accidental ceremony to which they both were a part of.

He told her how the circumstances had forced him to wrong Shashi- How he asked Kushi to help him and how she had consented to lie to her father. He told her how sorry he felt for not trusting him- Of how the circumstances had fooled his judgment capability.

Nani as always was an empathetic listener to his worries and concern. It was always like this' After his mother's death, it was Nani to whom he came to in troubled times' With her his secrets always remained safe and with her his heavy heart always felt light.
"Arnav, Its true the man's good intentions has been misunderstood by all of us' He deserves all our gratitude' and not only that' you owe him an apology too"

"I am ' I can't face him Nani' I spoke so crudely that he had an attack again"

"I am sure the man has a big heart to accept your apology Arnav' wait.. I will also come with you' take me too' I want to meet him and the girl too' She had been very kind at heart to accept to help you in the first place' you need to apologize to her too'"

"I will'" Arnav told her as Nani smiled at him.
Thus both of them started to the hospital to visit Shashi.

"Kushiji' Time for cremation' Do you have any male relatives who can light his pyre?" Happy asked her

Kushi only felt numbed, shocked, and anguished... As she remembered Aman... But he wasnt a relative... but he was the only close enough family that she had now... How she wished he was here by her side... How she wished he was there to support her...to take care of her... to let her mourn for her father... to give his shoulder for her to cry out loud... But he wasn't here... She didn't even know where he was right now... Should she call Aman's mother now? Where were they' she knew he was last posted in Vizag... The last correspondence from him had told her that he would be in the sea for the next six months...Was he out in the sea now? Where was Madhumatiji? she felt exhausted by the emotions that she had been through for the last few hours' Her guilt wouldn't even let he mourn her father the way she would have deemed it right' Her last blood relation has been snubbed of life' and she had a hand in it.
"Kushiji... everyone are waiting... would you want me to finish the last rites?" Happy asked her again

"No Happy ji'" Kushi told determinedly "I will do it for my father"

There was a hushed silence around her
"But you are a girl'" Some lady in the crowd told her "You are not supposed to do it"

"I will do it for my father" Kushi repeated again "I am his daughter and his son too' my father would have wanted me to do it anyway"

Then she stepped towards her father's corpse' She got hit by all the times they both spent together' talking about everything under the sun' A huge wave of angst hit her again as she hugged him for the last time.
"I am sorry father' Sorry for what I did' You will forgive me wont you? You always do" She mummered to his corpse and then in a determined way walked ahead to do his final rites- for she was his son.. she was his daughter.. she was his everything.

The next day evening, Arnav and Nani walked into the corridor where Arnav met Shashi last.. But when he was about to enter into the heart patients hallway, he saw the nurse Mariam coming out of the hallway

Recognizing him she smiled slightly

"I am sorry for your loss Mr.Raizada.. Hope Kushi is coping up well now"

"Excuse me?" Arnav asked "I ..I don't understand- What loss are you speaking about? If you are talking about the marriage scandal'"

"No" Mariam told him confused "Don't tell me that you don't know"

She paused as Arnav looked at her bemused.
"Didn't Kushi tell you? Shashiji passed away last evening"

"Oh my god" Nani who stood next to him cried out
Arnav stood there as if someone had whiplashed him on his face' Shock coursed through him as he felt his body slump against the wall

"Arnav, Lets go and meet Kushi' She would need help'support' Bechari.. how would she manage all alone? Do you know their house?"

Arnav shook his head as he looked at Nani

"What did I do Nani' I drove him to death.. for all that he did for father and us.. I killed him"

"No Arnav' Don't get into this useless guilt' Kushi ' lets find Kushi now"
Arnav nodded as he took his mobile out and dialed Roy

"Roy, I need Kushi's house address now.. Message it to me" he bellowed at him and then walked out of the corridor. Nani soon followed.
The nurse Mariam stood watching this exchange. She was in thoughts' Should she tell him what she knew? But then she saw him walking away hastily... and then she let him go.. maybe sometime she can tell him what she knew... she stood watching him turn around the corner and then went about her work

Tada' No cliff hanger this time na? but yeah ' next update will be lighter.. I suppose'

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-05-13, 11:10

loved it Vi Starry Love

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by yasmina06 on 2013-05-18, 00:40

Please update soon i love this story

yasmina06
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Chapter 9 - part 1

Post by Abavi on 2013-05-22, 14:13

Chapter 9: Twists of time

Part 1- The Wannabe Guardian

Arnav and Nani reached the locality and finally found the place with little difficulty. Arnav felt very bad and guilty every time when people to whom he asked for directions replied back with some reference to the deceased man.

"oh, Shashi Bhai house? You cam for his funeral is it? They came back from the cremation house a little while ago only' Go little straight; take second right'dead end then turn left"

"You can take this road itself sab' that road is a little narrow, your car will find it difficult.. Take this road then a first left and take a right immediately' then you have to go straight' you will find his house on the right' Poor fellow- I didn't expect him to die so soon' He was a very good man- very helpful"

"Whose house? Kushi? Hmm' Do you mean Shashiji's daughter? The man passed away yesterday... that Shashi only na? Haan' The road is little narrow' May be you can park the car here' take this road and turn to the right... it is the fourth house on the right"

"Whose House Bhaiya? Shashi Gupta? "----"Hey thats Kushi didi's house sala'Didi's father's name is Shash'"'" Oh yeah'he kicked the bucket yesterday na"--"I know his house' bhaiya it's here only bhaiya...Just around this corner.. '.Come bhaiya.. We will take you'"'

When they finally found the house, a feeling of awkwardness enveloped Arnav. Happy was there too along with a few others.

"Arnav Sir' It was all over just now' we had to---"

"Why didn't you inform me in time?" Arnav asked him before Happy could finish talking

"I ..I am Sorry Arnav sir' It was all so sudden ' Kushi ji was so upset that she'"

Again Happy was interrupted by Arnav mid-sentence. This time intentionally because he was not sure what he was going to hear and may be was scared to think if Kushi had deliberately kept him out of this

"He was my father's friend. I would have attended his funeral if I had known it" He told the obvious not knowing what else to say to stop Happy from saying what he intended to say.

"Where is Shashiji's daughter?" Nani asked sensing Arnav's uneasiness. But she was not sure where the uneasiness rooted from.

"Kushiji is inside" Happy told him taking notice on the change of topic and excused himself from there.

At the mention of Kushi's presence inside the house, Arnav stared ahead awkwardly not sure if he was ready to face Kushi now'

"Come Arnav"

Arnav looked at Nani who nodded at him kindly and then stepped into the house. Arnav followed her meekly.

The house was not very crowded. There were only two or three ladies in the hall and may be a couple more in the kitchen. They saw Kushi wearing a white salwar, She was sitting slopped on the floor, her head resting against the wall, She was staring ahead into the ceiling, her face and eyes swollen with crying.

Taking note of the newly arrived guests, Two of the ladies nodded at them and then clutching at Kushi's hands for a moment, they uttered a few words of consolation and then left the place.

"Kushi, Drink some milk atleast" One of the ladies in the kitchen called out to her, The other lady near Kushi urged her, to which she simply shook her head in negative.

It was then Kushi saw Arnav. In a moment, She stood up and ran and hugged him seeking solace as she cried bitterly.

Arnav stood there shocked. He had expected her outburst, her accusation that he killed her father but this was unexpected- He stood there as his awkwardness left him and sympathy filled his mind. His right hand slowly reached her head to embrace her. Her hair was let loose and dripping wet. It was then he noticed that her dress was wet too though it had almost dried.

Wondering why she was drenched in water like this, He stood there as she slowly hiccupped to normalcy. He had forgotten that they had audience and his thoroughly amused Nani was also one amongst them, he called out her name ever so softly

"Kushi"

It was then she jolted out of his embrace, she herself shocked by her behavior. Not knowing what to say to explain what she did, she stood there opening and closing her mouth.

"I.. I '" She was supposed to be angry with him isn't it? She thought to herself' She tried to say something rude to him- but she was at loss for anything like that' her father's loss still completely filling in her mind, she couldn't get herself to say anything related to his death- wasn't she also responsible? Didn't she try and bring then to meet each other? Maybe if she hadn't tried so hard, they would have met much later and her father wouldn't have had another attack'She then stood there as tears ran down her cheeks slowly and she stood there not knowing what to do.

"Oh you poor thing'" Nani spoke out making Kushi take notice of her. Kushi didn't recognize her at first but Nani went forward hugging her briefly.

"I am Arnav's Nani" She told Kushi as they released eachother.

"Nani' Nani'" Kushi mouthed slowly as if her mind had become so dazed to comprehend anything.

"Kushi" Arnav whispered her name again, not able to take the grief that the girl was going through right now. "I am so sorry'your father'.." he couldn't continue further'Even when he had lost his father recently, he had his family- being the only daughter; Kushi should have been really very close to her father.

"Its.. Its Ok Arnav.." Kushi told him "we tried hard to save him' He had to go" She completed in a hushed whisper. Her sudden mood change to a sober state astonished him. He stood there not knowing what else to say further.

"It must be devastating for you Kushi--- We know that no words can help ease the pain and loss that you are feeling right now'" It was Nani who eased the situation again "Your father was a very compassionate and Kind man'Very Kind to even people who misunderstood him'"

At this Kushi turned sharply towards Arnav

"He told me everything" Nani informed her "I wish our family had a chance to apologize to him"

"Not as much as me wish it for myself, Naniji" Kushi told her dejectedly

"Why are your clothes wet?" Nani asked her sensing the need to change the topic.

"She went to cremate her father ji" A lady by her side informed them.

"you set fire to your father's pyre?" Nani asked Kushi.

Expecting the age old "girls should not do that" talk, Kushi nodded her head.

"Now I know your father was not only a kind man, he was a very smart man to have raised a very forward thinking girl like you!" Nani told her caressing Kushi's head affectionately.

Kushi's eyes filled up with tears again.

"My father raised me all alone' He is no more" She said as she lost conscious and slumped towards the floor.

"But before she hit the floor, Arnav caught her and soon there was a bustle of activity around them. The women in the kitchen as well as a few men standing outside the door came in

"Kushi.. Kushi'"

She regained conscious soon after her face was sprinkled with water.

"Kushi, drink this" One of the ladies from the kitchen came out holding a glass of water.

Kushi refused to take it.

"I don't want it Uma Kaki"

"How long would you stay hungry like this Kushi? You haven't taken anything from yesterday evening' have some water atleast" The other lady told her.

"I am not thirsty Lalitha mausi" She said as she strained to sit upright, shoving away Arnav's hold on her.

Arnav took the glass of water from the lady's hand and shoved it front of her face.

"Drink this up" he ordered her

Kushi shook her head, trying to get up. Arnav held her back with his other hand

"Drink a little water"

"Staying hungry won't help"

Others assembled there started to comment to her

"I am alright' I don't need anything" Kushi told them all.

. Arnav pushed the glass further up to her lips.

"I said I don't want" Kushi screamed at him "Which part of I don't want didn't you understand? Leave me alone"

She stood up feeling a little wobbly that the other ladies had to support her.

"I am alright' I can manage'" She told them.

"Kushi, you don't have to manage everything alone" the lady whom she had called Lalitha mausi told her "We are all there for you' daughter preeto to be with you for a few days"

"No.. Mausi.. that's not needed"

The lady patted her head affectionately

"I will send her with food" She said as she nodded to one of the men, who must be her husband and then they both left the place.

Soon the rest of the crowd also began to leave, it was then Nani and Arnav realised that though she had been referring to most of the people there with some relationship, none of them were her relatives' they all lived in her neighborhood.

"Weren't your relatives informed of your loss Kushi?" Nani asked her

"I don't have any Naniji" Kushi told her sadly "My father was an orphan who grew up in an ashram. My mother was born into a wealthy family, but they cut all the ties with her when she eloped with father' But I haven't ever felt that I don't have any relatives.. All the while, my neighbors have been more than good enough to be my relatives" she told with a slight pride.

Nani realized that the girl was more alone than she had imagined. A quick look at Arnav confirmed that he had realized that too. But even then she was not prepared for what came next. It took Kushi by surprise too.

"Come home with us" he told Kushi suddenly

"What?" She asked him bluntly

"You can't stay here alone"

"Why can't I?" She asked him "If you are worried' I don't need this pity' I can manage by myself and if I have people who care"

"your neighbors? For how long?"

"They have been there for me for a long time now' They were'nt rudely introduced to me in some unusual situations one strange night last week unlike some"

Arnav glared at her

"Kushi' What he means is if you have someone to stay with you might not feel so downhearted"

"No Nani ji..Thanks for the concern but I am fine actually' I have company ' I am not alone"

It was then there was some commotion outside the house and Happy came in urgently

"Kushiji Stay in" he told her but she had already peeped out along with others in the hall. Some men who have been standing outside had been trying to stop someone from entering the house and the hooligans who had come with that person had shoved and pushed those men away unceremoniously'

"How dare you stop Vicks?"

"Look Vikrant, she has just lost her father.. this is not right.. why do you have to trouble her now?" one of the men outside advised the man in the front

"Vicks- give him one ' on the face' then he will know" one of the thugs encouraged him

Hearing that the man gave way albeit muttering.

Kushi stepped out.

"What is it Vikrant?"

"Hai Kushi" Vikrant stepped slowly towards Kushi "I heard that your father expired' My deepest condolences"

"Thanks so much" Kushi told him straight

"I heard you did all the last rites' You should have told me' I would have done it for him' After all he had decided to.."

Kushi cut him mid-sentence

"Why are you his son? That's so thoughtful of you brother" Kushi told bitterly

"Oye" "aaiye" "ehhh" the thugs behind Vikrant shouted and calmed down as Vikrant lifted his hand

"No yelling against your bhabhi" he told them teasingly

"What rubbish is this?" Kushi asked him

"Yeah' Don't tell me that your father hasn't told you'" Vikrant told her "I told you that I would have done the last rites not as a son- but as a son in law"

"Good joke Vikrant.. But I am not in a mood to laugh right now" Kushi told rudely

"But I am serious- Your father told me that he was ready to give me your hand" Vikrant told her seriously

"I don't believe you and I don't like you" She retorted him

"How dare you" he told as he charged to her going forward to clutch her hand

That was when Arnav who had been watching all the exchanges standing in one corner decided to take things into his hand and coolly stepped between the both of them

Kushi who had been so immersed in the situation involuntarily sighed in relief but Vikrant glared at the man in front of him who had dared to stop him

"Move away if you want to have your limbs in your body" Vikrant told him but was surprised when his threatening tone didn't find any effect in the man in front of him

"Don't you understand? Do you want to die a painful death- f**k off" Vikrant shouted again

"Back off" Arnav told him in a cold and calm voice which dissipated more threat than the screams that Vikrant had employed earlier

"What did you say?" Vikrant asked him in disbelief

"You heard it right.. I said BACK. OFF."

"You f**king'" Vikrant started to say but he never got to finish what he started for Arnav's clutched hand found its target on Vikrant's nose, taking him by surprise.

Everyone else including Kushi gasped at this.

"Back off if you know what is good for you" the cold and calculating voice warned Vikrant again

Hehe' I know that back off would have made you all jump with joy' I made me so happy to type it down as well' and now stop muttering that I have decided to stop here' Two weeks are not long away' tata!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Chapter 9- Part 2

Post by Abavi on 2013-05-22, 14:14

Chapter 9: Twists of time
part 2: Towards a new dawn

"What did you say?" Vikrant asked him in disbelief

"You heard it right.. I said BACK. OFF."

"You f**king bast'" Vikrant started to say but he never got to finish what he started for Arnav's clutched hand found its target on Vikrant's nose, taking him by surprise.

Everyone else including Kushi gasped at this.

"I don't accept profanity from thugs like you' Back off if you know what is good for you" the cold and calculating voice of Arnav warned Vikrant again as he withdrew his fist from within a inch of Vikrant's face as Vikrant glared at him in scary surprise. "Next time you do that, my fist will make a contact with your nose for sure" Arnav continued menacingly

"Try me" Vikrant growled as he recovered from his shock.

"Oh I would" Arnav told him mockingly said as he stepped back "if you tempt me enough to step out of my Gentlemanliness"

"Gentlemanliness'" Vikrant scoffed "oh is it that putting on act for the ladies sake? For Kushi's sake?"

"May be"came out a nonchalant reply

"Don't even think about impressing her' She is mine' She is destined to be mine"

"Perhaps not anymore"

The exchanges and remarks were sneering from both the parties and the concerned girl stood there in shocked silence. The confidence with which Arnav uttered the last reply not only took Vikrant by surprise but the other bystanders watching the scene too. The sudden hushes around Kushi helped her realize that it was not the affection of the people around her that made them to ignore the gossips in the news column which had been published the previous day but it had merely gone to rest for the time being as the dire situation of her father's demise had demanded it of the locality people. Though she had been thankful for the neighborhood for not asking her questions on that regard to wound her further, she did realize the potential opening of gates for those gossips to get a fresh start again with that remark of Arnav's.

The disgust that she had been harboring towards Vikrant, turned into anger towards Arnav too with that realization and Kushi decided to call halt to the scene before things seemingly got out of control. She decided to eliminate one concern at a time. She pushed Arnav aside who had been shielding her all this while from Vikrant and stepped closer to Vikrant.

"What did you say?" she asked Vikrant jeeringly "you own me? Who says so?"

"Don't play with my Emotions Kushi' You know how much I want you' You know how much I have hurt the ones who come in between us"

"There has never been anything between us in the first place Vikrant- Wake up from your illusion- You were not even friends with me' and I am not any material to be owned up just because you like it"

"Buddy, May be he is the reason she speaks like this'" One of Vikrant's mates told him "He is the same man with whom she was linked up in yesterday's paper"

Vikrant's rage grew bounds with this realization as he elbowed the informant crudely and advanced forward.

"I knew' I knew.. I was thinking that I saw him somewhere' So you married him is it?"

Arnav coolly pulled Kushi who was also enraged at the point out of Vikrant's way

"I don't think we need to tell you if we are married or not' and it is none of your business"

"Oh' Lets see how much I am going to make it my business to lay my hands on her'. I will get you kushi'now that you betrayed me' I don't mind if you belong to any man by law' You will be mine atleast for a night'you cheap wh.."

A sharp blow hit Vikrant as his nose started bleeding

"You didn't take my warnings seriously, I don't stand profanity from any slugs like you! And when comes to my wife, I won't tolerate it from ANYONE. PERIOD"

As Kushi looked at Arnav in Shock, Vikrant's gang got agitated but Vikrant stopped them again.

"This is my meat" he told them spat angrily coming forward to attack Arnav. Nani who had been standing at Kushi's doorstep watching all the exchanges, warned him sharply. But had been prepared all the while for this'

Vikrant jeered at him as he saw Arnav pulling a reluctant Kushi towards his back while Kushi tried to shove him away from clutching her arms.

That was when the police siren started buzzing nearby. Following that, they saw a police car coming to a stop and police men coming out of it enquiring about the commotion

"What is happening here?" a police man heading the three men team approaching them. "Are you Mr. Raizada?" The man asked as he took in his business formals.

"Yes Officer, that's me' I was the one who informed you about the quarrel here'" Arnav told the officer to everyone's surprise and the shock of Vikrant and his gang. They hadn't expected Arnav to inform police when he was standing aside a few mimutes back when Kushi was in strife with Vikrant.

In the meanwhile, Arnav updated the police about the harassment that Kushi had to undergo. The localites reluctantly joined in for witnessing the trouble.

This finally led to the arrest of Vikrant for eve teasing and some of his gang members who didn't manage to escape from the scene in the interim also were arrested. Vikrant's claim that he was the local counselor's son didn't fall on the ears of the police this time, as the witnesses were huge and they knew that the man who had staged the play was also influential and they would be in trouble if they don't comply.

"I will take revenge Kushi' I will see to that your beautiful face is burnt with Acid'I will do it when I come out this evening' " Vikrant threatned Kushi when he was handcuffed and dragged along with his friends to the police vehicle.

"You should come to the station and give us a complaint mam' "The police man told her. Though Kushi was still angry with Arnav, She nodded to the police man.

"I shall bring her over Officer" Arnav told him "Thanks for showing up as soon as possible" the man shook hands with Arnav and left

As soon as the police vehicle left the place, Arnav was appreciated by the neighbors for quick thinking. Kushi stood there looking furiously at him

"Won't you thank me?" Arnav asked her at last

"Thank you for what?" She asked him angrily puzzling him "For calling me your wife when I am not?"

Arnav raised his eyebrows at this and slowly his lips curled into his trademark smirk.

"But I didn't call you my wife" he told her smirking

"But you said'"

"I only said I wouldn't tolerate anyone calling my wife names' I never mentioned it was you"

Kushi gaped at his clever reply

"But but your mention was suggestive" Kushi argued nevertheless

"I can't help it if you or anyone assumes'" Arnav told her. He also noticed the sudden raise of hushing around them and deliberately chose his next words. "How will I call you my wife when we aren't married yet- That was just a gossip and it remains a gossip- Ok now?" he said for everyone's benefit, hoping that the matter would settle for ever.

"That's Better' Yes.. I hope that settles everything" Kushi told him apathetically

"Nope" Arnav said "Not everything is settled' I am not letting you live here when that slug has literally threatened to attack you' You are coming with us" he said as he quickly glanced at his Nani who had come to them. She nodded at him encouragingly though she was greatly amused by her Grandson's behavior for the last few minutes- not to mention intrigued to a large extent

"What?" Kushi asked him "Why should I come with you?"

"You can't stay here' Not with that slug around"

"So?" Kushi asked him "Why should I come with you? I have my neighbors to take care of me and moreover Vikrant has been arrested.. I could sing in joy"

"No kushi bitiya, ofcourse we are all here you know about Vikrant and his father chakravarthy' they will not let you live in peace here' Its better if you go and live where they can't find you" Lalitha Mausi told her

"And Vikrant would do something nasty if he gets out Kushiji' Its better if you don't stay here'"Happy also advised her.

"And haven't you thought of our safety Kushi? If we try to protect ou, tomorrow my children will be in the line of fire'" one of the mean neighbors told her

"They are all right bitiya, it will be unsafe for you to stay here anymore' Not only Vikrant but his gang who are outside can also attack you" Nani also told her

As she kept looking from one person to other, Arnav smirked at her

"So you heard what everyone think, What are you waiting for? Go, packup"

His arrogance kindled the dying fighting spirit in her

"Don't order me" She told him "All this is because of you'"

"What did I do?"

"You were the one who did everything' calling the reporters, spreading the rumor that we are married, instigating Vikrant, calling the police, blowing up the matter'everything"

Arnav gaped at her unbelievably

What do you mean? You would have preferred to keep all the shit that he hands over to you?"

"I would have handled it differently' Havent I handled it all these years? you do all that and then suggest that hide myself from him'."

"I didn't say anything about hiding yourself' I merely asked you come with us for you need protection and there are no one else around with whom you can stay right now" Arnav told her gritting his teeth.

"No one else? How did your majesty decide that?" Kushi asked sarcastically

"Ok Bitiya, if you have any family with which you can stay now' Let us know' we will leave you there" Nani told her as Arnav looked at her with a curious expression which was a mixture of curiosity, Anger and amusement as Kushi stepped forward and pulled out Arnav's iPhone which was holding in his hand and started dialing a number

She kept waiting while the ring on the other side went on and the call went unpicked' She scrunched her eyebrows uncertainly and then tried the number again with the same result.

"Are you trying Madhumatiji's number again Kushiji?" Happy asked as she nodded tensedly

"She is not picking up the calls.. We kept trying yesterday also to reach them to rely about the bad news" Happy reminded her.

Kushi bit her lip again before she dialed another number.

"If you are calling Amanji, he is not in land' his office member told yesterday that he has gone to the sea' we tried his number too yesterday" Happy again reminded her

"No Happyji'I know he is not in land .. I am calling one of his friends" Kushi told distractedly as the ring finally was picked up. Arnav who had been watching this curiously again felt a tinge of un-comfortableness as Aman's name started cropping up again' Who was he?

''

"Hello"

''.

"Rishi?" Kushi asked into the phone uncertainly "Hi' Yeah Kushi here'. Yeah ' I know Aman has gone into the sea Rishi' But isn't his mom at home?... where?...Oh'.No No its alright' Is there any number where I can reach Aman?... No No nothing' No Rishi' there is no need for a SOS and all that' Yeah' Please if you get to talk to him' please ask him to call me'. Thanks"

She cut the call and looked at the onlookers'

"Madhumatiji has gone on a pilgrimage tour' She will be back only after a month'" She informed Happy as she returned back Arnav's IPhone to him.

"I would ask you to come and live with me if I had my family here Kushiji.. I live in a men's PG" Happy told sadly

"That's Ok Happy ji'" Kushi told understandingly "May be I can go to Aman's place and stay there' His mom will be back in a month" She told slowly

Arnav watched the crowd around' No one was curious about Aman or why Kushi would want to go and stay there so badly'The neighbors knew him then.. may be visited her' maybe very often'Even Happy who got acquainted to her only recently knew about him' these line of thoughts made him to give in to a feeling which he did not recognize so well' before he could think he blurted it out

"Who is Aman?" he asked her, maybe the tone was spiked with a tinge of Jealousy he thought to himself

Kushi looked at him with an expression which probably told "its none of his business"

"May be a relative'" Nani suggested

"NahiJi' Kushi does'nt have any relatives that we know of' Mehtas and Guptas are very old family friends'" one of the neighbors informed them when Kushi didn't answer them

Then Arnav suddenly turned and started walking towards Kushi's house. Kushi who had been glaring at him all the while was taken aback by this behavior. Curiosity getting the better of her, she rushed behind him

"Hey why are you going in there?" she called out as she followed him in'

If she was surprised to see him rushing inside suddenly what he was doing inside took her by baffled her more' She saw him looking here and there for a while before jumping up to pull out a carry bag which was lying in the overhead shaft in the room.

He quickly pulled open the doors of the worn out almirah and started stuffing the dresses which he figured out was hers'

All the while Kushi stood there with her mouth open wide at his audacity and finally when she found her voice to scream at him asking what he was doing, he pulled the zip close, took the bag in his hand and came to her

"We are leaving to my house" he told her. It was not a tone of permission or request. It was a tone of instruction.

"What the hell?" she asked as he gripped her elbow and took her out to the car. The neighbors and Nani started walking towards them as he opened the car door and threw the bag inside.

She looked at him in shock when he spoke in a dangerously glaring tone as held the car door open for her.

"Get in' or I shall throw you in like your bag"

"Who are you to force me like this?" She asked him as she shoved him away "What do you think you are? Why should I come with you?"

"Why don't you understand?" Arnav screamed back at her "You need protection right now' you were threatened' and "

"And what exactly? Why are YOU bothered?"

Both of them glared at eachother for a few seconds before his angered features turned to softer shade

"Because you are Shashi Uncle's daughter" Arnav told her slowly "He has done so much for us' We owe him so much for what he has done' We missed our chance to show our gratitude to him' atleast we could try to pay it this way- by protecting the apple of his eye"

Anything else would have invited a retort from Kushi's side but she had'nt expected this. She realized that Arnav was suffering from the same guilt that she was feeling too. She felt that it was not needed for him to feel guilty nor to feel that she was his responsibility because of that. She told him so

By this time everyone else had reached there and Nani told her that she can probably stay with them for the time being until madhumati ji returned back, if she was not comfortable with staying with them.

With everyone else telling her that was the best possible thing to do, She finally agreed.

She was about to get into the car, when she remembered something suddenly.

"Wait a min, I will be back" she said as she went towards her house again

"I will come with you" Arnav volunteered

"I will manage" she refused curtly as she hurried to her house.

While Nani and Arnav waited in the car, he was growing more worried with her absence. He thought she should go and check if everything was fine, when Happy told he will go and check.

Then she appeared carrying a small box which looked like a faded and worn out jewelry box.

She smiled at them softly, as Arnav let out his breathe that he didn't realize that he was holding'she bid good bye to her friends and neighbors and paused a second before she sighed and got into the car, placing the box on her lap.

She was about to start a new journey in her life now' the one that she did not want but the circumstances had forced her to accept it. She still had mixed feelings about this decision. She was determined however to go to Aman's place as soon as his mother returned back. They are going to be upset that she hadn't reached them at a situation like this' likely Aman is going to be very furious with her for not raising SOS emergency to reach him' But that should be tackled later' for now' Kushi was getting ready for her life at Raizada Mansion.

Seriously, I should be crazy to be typing this update at this point after coming back... But it is nothing in comparision to the love that we all share for ArHi... and seriously, people I read some of your comments on how Arnav should have told "she is my wife dammit" --- and had a hearty laugh... For now, neither Arnav nor Kushi consider it a marriage... maybe... sometime later, they might get to think about it in a different way... but you need to wait for that realisation to happen... see you all soon, the net update would be after I am relieved of this tiredness of journey!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:31

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum