Latest topics

Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-08, 06:22

hi folks!

i was wondering what to write because i was not feeling motivated by current episodes..to me they were slow..story hardly moving..jalal is shown just coming in and out of harem without being shown doing something substantial...and i was to the point of quitting it and moving on to the next serial of my all time favorite actor starting next month!..then i watched the friday's episode..although i was not much impressed by it because of various bloopers but i was amused by it...

in my  post i will discuss about ekta's version of jalal and how well rajat is portraying jalal according to his understanding..my discussion will relate to the reel jalal because ekta does not have the caliber of putting the glory of real akbar on the cinematic canvas of her limited vision to cliched sbs natkiye rupantri tracks!

first of all i will spend some time in praise of rajat's jalal which has impressed me the most..

-romantic expressions in jalal's dream and the sr were so real, natural that could turn anyone on with that longing sexual desire that was oozing from his eyes..

-the angry expressions and tone of voice during the face off scene with jodha in the sujamal track was outstanding and extremely captivating..had the effect of making us sit on the edge of our seats..!

-the broken heart expressions when he comes to know about maham's truth..the pain that he depicted through his eyes in dek when announcing the punishment could make anyone melt and feel his pain...!

-the scene where his pain is overwhelming when he brings his beloved back from the clutches of death..that scene could give anyone goose bumps and a memorable impression of acting at its best...!

-the scenes in the beginning episodes where he is a jallaad..a ruthless warrior..a go getter..an angry ruler..a cruel, merciless but possesses the quality of appreciating honest and brave people..who can forget those smirks..that anger..those drunk expressions..that sex appeal..the x factor and great looks!

..now if we come down to ekta's jalal, i think how her version of jalal would have fit into the stereotypical portrayal of a male lead in her shows if it was not a historic figure and if it was not rajat playing the role..if i look around i see none that could have done justice to the character other than rajat..! if we look at the initial episodes and the tag line we know right there and then that this serial will be nothing but ekta's cliched tracks will take full charge where the female lead will straighten the male lead and she will be jack of all traits..she will be omnipresent and know all the dangers approaching and then there will be an antagonist that will be equally good and the game will begin where there will be win loose situation of the antagonist and protagonist..of course females and the viewers will enjoy the tracks...the male will be pretty much a bystander and will have no much role other than to tag along with female lead...now this was ekta's jalal and we surely would have seen one if rajat was not playing the role..now the problem is its hard to ignore rajat's jalal who dominates the scene when present in one frame with the female lead or any other actor!

..here i will discuss friday's episode since it is fresh in our minds..if u all come out of the cloud of romance and see what bloopers the episode had u will not enjoy it but if u look at the actors and for me especially rajat it will make u watch it again and again...jalal's naughty expressions while romancing with jodha were seductively cute..jalal's encouragement and showing confidence in jodha reflected of how he thinks of equality in genders..jalal enjoying the danger and the thrill that he is getting out of it reflects the quality of real akbar who was also a fearless hunter enjoyed dangerous challenges..the lep scene brings the care and concern quality of both..and boy o boy i loved the lep scene after a long time..otherwise my quota of lep was overflowing!

at the end i would say i was going to say goodbye to ekta's jalal but rajat's jalal pulled me back and the real akbar i have in my heart and i am reading and cherishing his achievements through a link that my lovely forum friend adi has sent me and that is enough for me to learn from this great personality!

please feel free to share your journey of rajat's jalal versus ekta's jalal..do u think they are different or they are just one and how they both fit for their survivial in ekta's female oriented cliched sbs with royal backdrop!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-08, 09:22

Superb. Loved ur description abt Rajat's jalal. He is simply the best when it comes to bringing out the characters n emotions alive.
 I agree, had it been somebody else other than Rajat, then jalal character had became another'Mihir,Om or Mr. Bajaj' [LOL]   It RT's excellent work n ofcourse our KAYNAT  thats not allowing to fade Akbar's  character.
He is making things look in such a manner that only Jalal's positive side appear onscreen.

shiningways2407
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 95
Join date : 2014-05-17
Age : 21
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-08, 09:39

anytime RT's jalal will take over ekta's jalal..because she does not have the vision to catch even A of Akbar the great..all she is capable of is producing sbs crap in the name of her chewing gum serials!
shiningways2407 wrote:Superb. Loved ur description abt Rajat's jalal. He is simply the best when it comes to bringing out the characters n emotions alive.
 I agree, had it been somebody else other than Rajat, then jalal character had became another'Mihir,Om or Mr. Bajaj' [LOL]   It RT's excellent work n ofcourse our KAYNAT  thats not allowing to fade Akbar's  character.
He is making things look in such a manner that only Jalal's positive side appear onscreen.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-08, 17:29

Brilliant post mandy. And yes am on vacation but when it comes to Akbar - vacation can take a hike - and for RT's portrayal I can even come out of sanyaas to respond!!!!!!


Infact I have mentioned this on dhwani - for me, I am reading up all the various writings on Akbar - and where earlier there was that subtle barrier from relating to this great man - RT's portrayal has managed to get rid of this barrier by giving me a face for Akbar - with a voice, mannerisms and that connect which has made me relate to this great man - and love him all over again. I will always be grateful to Rajat for this.

As for EK and her take on Akbar, I have said that my frnd Ms. Kayanat will ultimately have the last laugh - and she made sure that it was Rajat who played Akbar just to ensure this!!!! What a lady my frnd is - definitely the Zen master!!!! - Despite all efforts to make Akbar a bystander and give all credit to Jodha - thanks to EK's 'Heroine Mahaan' standard - Ms. Kayanat has ensured that the one to stand out is Jalal aka Akbar by getting the most brilliant actor to portray this character !!!! - Definitely, no one can get the better of my frnd!!!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 273
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-08, 23:38

rajat's jalal always rules. its only his caliber tht the most pathetic dialogues also becomes tolerable. for eg. tht "jodha begum rehmo karam se" dialogue was horrible, but rajat made it sound as if he was joking. whether its the director's suggestion or not it made it tolerable at least for me, just by his voice modulation.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 361
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 06:13

adi, so nice to hear from you dear! i cannot say what i want to say in that pathetic forum..jodha lovers bombard my thread with DT notes..even my harmless thread on jalal which does not even mention the word jodha has got a dt note..so much hatred against jalal/rajat lovers! i will be more active here than IF..let them all be bored with same opinions and no variety..as it is i am bored with the show and forum has also become so boring! i feel more at home here..btw are you joining yudh forum once the serial starts?
adianasr wrote:Brilliant post mandy. And yes am on vacation but when it comes to Akbar - vacation can take a hike - and for RT's portrayal I can even come out of sanyaas to respond!!!!!!


Infact I have mentioned this on dhwani - for me, I am reading up all the various writings on Akbar - and where earlier there was that subtle barrier from relating to this great man - RT's portrayal has managed to get rid of this barrier by giving me a face for Akbar - with a voice, mannerisms and that connect which has made me relate to this great man - and love him all over again. I will always be grateful to Rajat for this.

As for EK and her take on Akbar, I have said that my frnd Ms. Kayanat will ultimately have the last laugh - and she made sure that it was Rajat who played Akbar just to ensure this!!!! What a lady my frnd is - definitely the Zen master!!!! - Despite all efforts to make Akbar a bystander and give all credit to Jodha - thanks to EK's 'Heroine Mahaan' standard - Ms. Kayanat has ensured that the one to stand out is Jalal aka Akbar by getting the most brilliant actor to portray this character !!!! - Definitely, no one can get the better of my frnd!!!!!!!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 06:15

jodha begum ke rehmo karam pe..was the most shocking dialogues i have ever heard!..is this the jallaludin mohammed we habe learnt in history..to hell with such natkiye rupantar
munnirony wrote:rajat's jalal always rules. its only his caliber tht the most pathetic dialogues also becomes tolerable. for eg. tht "jodha begum rehmo karam se" dialogue was horrible, but rajat made it sound as if he was joking. whether its the director's suggestion or not it made it tolerable at least for me, just by his voice modulation.
 Bang

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by riyya6 on 2014-06-09, 06:15

who is jalal .....  Scared 

is yudh a new show.....

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4024
Join date : 2013-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 06:16

riyya beta wo jo jodha begum ke rahmo karam pe palta hai aur kaunsa jalal
riyya6 wrote:who is jalal .....  Scared 

is yudh a new show.....
 hpee

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 06:18

yudh is going to start on sony channel starring Amitabh Bachchan and many known actors..the show will have limited episodes..just saw the trailer..its mind blowing!..we all will be in that forum!
riyya6 wrote:who is jalal .....  Scared 

is yudh a new show.....

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by riyya6 on 2014-06-09, 06:19

begum Party1 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4024
Join date : 2013-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by riyya6 on 2014-06-09, 06:21

mandygi wrote:yudh is going to start on sony channel starring Amitabh Bachchan and many known actors..the show will have limited episodes..just saw the trailer..its mind blowing!..we all will be in that forum!
riyya6 wrote:who is jalal .....  Scared 

is yudh a new show.....
link plz ...... hpee .....

yeah i thought i saw it somewhere, like in aunthy post.... here... mentioning yudh earlier...

I also will jam in that forum then.... hpee .... but plz guarantee me there wont be the word BEGUM  ROFL 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4024
Join date : 2013-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 06:27

no link riya..lol..no it is around Amitji's character...you know if Amitabh is there how can that show be female oriented and i am dying to watch such show!
riyya6 wrote:
mandygi wrote:yudh is going to start on sony channel starring Amitabh Bachchan and many known actors..the show will have limited episodes..just saw the trailer..its mind blowing!..we all will be in that forum!
riyya6 wrote:who is jalal .....  Scared 

is yudh a new show.....
link plz ...... hpee .....

yeah i thought i saw it somewhere, like in aunthy post.... here... mentioning yudh earlier...

I also will jam in that forum then.... hpee .... but plz guarantee me there wont be the word BEGUM  ROFL 

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by riyya6 on 2014-06-09, 06:37

mandygi wrote:no link riya..lol..no it is around Amitji's character...you know if Amitabh is there how can that show be female oriented and i am dying to watch such show!
riyya6 wrote:
mandygi wrote:yudh is going to start on sony channel starring Amitabh Bachchan and many known actors..the show will have limited episodes..just saw the trailer..its mind blowing!..we all will be in that forum!
riyya6 wrote:who is jalal .....  Scared 

is yudh a new show.....
link plz ...... hpee .....

yeah i thought i saw it somewhere, like in aunthy post.... here... mentioning yudh earlier...

I also will jam in that forum then.... hpee .... but plz guarantee me there wont be the word BEGUM  ROFL 
that would be really refreshing...... a break from female oriented show.....  hpee .... n the bet part that attracts me besides AB is limited no of EPISODES  hpee 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4024
Join date : 2013-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-09, 11:08

Mandy, have seen the promos of Yudh - seems to be an interesting concept and reminded me of the Jeffery Archer book - Kane and Abel - now this is one story that I would actually like to see either as Cinema or on the small screen (but with a cap on the episodes of 35-40 pls!!!!!)

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 273
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 11:59

yes adi, it will be fun to watch some meaningful cinema on television for a change..i hope it sets a trend of braking the string of redundant daily soaps that offer nothing different than female oriented bull crap!
adianasr wrote:Mandy, have seen the promos of Yudh - seems to be an interesting concept and reminded me of the Jeffery Archer book - Kane and Abel - now this is one story that I would actually like to see either as Cinema or on the small screen (but with a cap on the episodes of 35-40 pls!!!!!)

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Posts : 288
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rajat's jalal versus Ekta's jalal...!

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:18


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum