Latest topics

Ashutosh-Hrithik together again in Mohenjodaro

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashutosh-Hrithik together again in Mohenjodaro

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-08, 17:15

Folks,

All those here who, like me, loved the Ashutosh Gowarikar-Hrithik-Aishwarya take on Jodha Akbar, would be interested to know that the Ashutosh and Hrithik are getting together again for Mohenjodaro,  set in 2500 BC, the age of the Indus Valley civilisation.

There is an article about this project that was mailed to me by my film critic friend Subhash K. Jha, and I thought I would share it with you all.

I for one am looking forward greatly to this film. I wonder who will be the female lead. Not Aishwarya, which might be a pity, and her chemistry with Hrithik, in all the 3 films -  Dhoom 2, Jodha Akbar and Guzaarish- that they did together has been excellent.But she is not back in shape yet for the kind of costumes that would undoubtedly be required for a 2500 BC tale.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Ashutosh Gowariker to once again create epic with Hrithik
Sat 7 Jun, 2014 3:15 PM IST
View Photo

• Ashutosh Gowariker to once again create epic with Hrithik Roshan!

After creating the magic in JODHAA AKBAR, Ashutosh Gowariker and Hrithik Roshan are back again with yet another love story MOHENJO DARO, set during the Indus Valley Civilization.

Ashutosh Gowariker said, "I just love LOVE STORIES ....especially those which are set in different times. And if those 'times' are several centuries ago, then the intensity of that romance grows multiple fold. In the case of Mohenjo Daro, the times are 2500BC (4500 years ago). I am extremely excited with the challenge of telling this love story, set during the Indus Valley Civilization. And to have Hrithik play the protagonist in this ancient world I am creating, with his portrayal of romance which is so passionate and pure makes it all the more exciting. I'm absolutely glad that we are both coming together to tell this epic romance of Mohenjo Daro!!

Hrithik Roshan is very excited to work again with Ashutosh and expressed his feeling saying, "Its very rare to come across a vision that challenges every aspect of the norm. That defies your ability of the physical and mental. A film that is truly about spirit and add to that an epic love story set in Ancient India. The Indus Valley Civilisation is very centric to India - popular across not just our country, but of interest and intrigue for the rest of the world. But more than anything I am truly excited to once again to be working with Ashutosh. I think the right words would be ....."We're BACK!"

The film's pre-production is on in full swing and is slated to go on floor in the last quarter of this year. However, the leading lady is not yet finalized.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Ashutosh-Hrithik together again in Mohenjodaro

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-08, 17:43

Thnx for info Aunty.
 I saw  HR's tweet reagrding this movie which sates ''I used to hate history,but I love working with this man(AG)who brings history alive.''
 I just wish that EK doesnt make its TV series if the movie will b HIT :D

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-08, 17:46

Priyanka dear, what a nightmarish prospect! But for now, I am content with this piece of news. By the way, did you look into the matter I had flagged, of a few words of  your messages vanishing to the right in every line?Shyamala Auntyshiningways2407 wrote:Thnx for info Aunty.
 I saw  HR's tweet reagrding this movie which sates ''I used to hate history,but I love working with this man(AG)who brings history alive.''
 I just wish that EK doesnt make its TV series if the movie will b HIT :D

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-08, 17:53

Shyamala, unfortunately I do not think very highly of Hrithik as an actor. Yes he has the face and the body but as an actor he falls very short - and though he was able to portray the royalty of Akbar (which I give credit to the director more than the actor) he could not make the character come alive - Hrithik's Akbar was and will remain a cardboard cutout.

And this is exactly what I expect even in this new project - in fact I believe Hrithik is also to be doing the character of Shiva from the 'Meluha trilogy' with Karan Johar - and I have promised myself that I will never watch the movie on the Meluha trilogy just for this reason - I dont want to spoil my memories of the book!!!!!

I have no idea what the story of the Mohenjodaro will be - but Hrithik does not have the skills to pull it off.

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-08, 17:55

Aunty I saw the comment u posted abt vanishing of letters
but others r not facing such problems with my comments. Rest,I comment through cell may be thats y problem is occuring.

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-08, 18:01

Pri, even I am unable to read your posts completely for the same reason!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-08, 18:27

It must be becoz of
operating through cell.
As I m not even
able to use smileys here.
By the way,mandy's thread
got DT's note!!
N the reason is simply
laughable, ''dragging other actors''.

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-08, 18:32

I know!!!! I actually want to ask the DT which show and which actors have we compared - There is mention of a couple of shows and some characters created by EK!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 08:38

adi, what i feel is that paridhi lovers cannot stand us praising rajat/jalal..they just find the fault and make a big deal of it so that one more strike and the thread is closed! pathetic!
adianasr wrote:I know!!!! I actually want to ask the DT which show and which actors have we compared - There is mention of a couple of shows and some characters created by EK!!!!!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2014-06-09, 08:41

this is interesting piece of news  hpee 

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 08:55

riyya, the project is interesting! but as adi mentioned i too like rajat's akbar more than hrithik's akbar..i am sure if ashutosh gives rajat some good role in this historical movie he will do great but he should get a lead role!
riyya6 wrote:this is interesting piece of news  hpee 

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2014-06-09, 10:01

mandygi wrote:riyya, the project is interesting! but as adi mentioned i too like rajat's akbar more than hrithik's akbar..i am sure if ashutosh gives rajat some good role in this historical movie he will do great but he should get a lead role!
riyya6 wrote:this is interesting piece of news  hpee 
... i like hirthik akhbar more.... it remains nice & beautiful.... the movie version even though not detail but in my view it was good...

I dun deny rajat is a very talented actor n he def deserve chance in movies.... but i still cannot digest wat Ekta did to the character Jalal in Jodha Akhbar- serial version... I miss the jalal earlier version.... somewhere in the middle he has become jodha emperor .... the earlier version the way he talks, looks, smirks..... was really ...... too good but now.... im with begum effect

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-09, 10:35

My dearest Adiana,

In the finest traditions of free speech, as exemplified by Voltaire's famous "I shall differ from you to the death, but I shall fight to the death to defend your  right to say it", I shall now proceed to disagree 111% with you about Hrithik.

This apart, your " I have no idea what the story of the Mohenjodaro will be - but Hrithik does not have the skills to pull it off." quite took my breath away. How on earth can you make such a drastic judgment without having seen the film? This is not worthy of you, my dear. I am sure Rumi or Kahlil Gibran would not have approved of such deep-seated prejudices! hpee 

However, I think you will be  safe if you avoid both Mohenjodaro and the Meluha film.

There is no point arguing about individual assessments and tastes, so I shall stop here. Only,  please do NOT supplement your take on Hrithik by telling me that Shahrukh is  a wonderful actor! hpee 

Shyamala

adianasrShyamala, unfortunately I do not think very highly of Hrithik as an actor. Yes he has the face and the body but as an actor he falls very short - and though he was able to portray the royalty of Akbar (which I give credit to the director more than the actor) he could not make the character come alive - Hrithik's Akbar was and will remain a cardboard cutout.

And this is exactly what I expect even in this new project - in fact I believe Hrithik is also to be doing the character of Shiva from the 'Meluha trilogy' with Karan Johar - and I have promised myself that I will never watch the movie on the Meluha trilogy just for this reason - I dont want to spoil my memories of the book!!!!!

I have no idea what the story of the Mohenjodaro will be - but Hrithik does not have the skills to pull it off.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-09, 10:47

This one is fine, Priyanka. Thanks.
As for the DT note on Mandy's thread, I am not surprised, though I have not seen the thread as yet. The  best way out would be to avoid posting there at all. What is the point? The Jodha-philes will not appreciate anything Mandy or Adiana or anyone else but one of their own puts out, and will instead hound the DT with reports on anything or nothing till the threads are closed.

It is all a waste of time and energy. It would be better to stay here with like-minded friends in a congenial atmosphere instead of constantly fighting rearguard battles that you cannot win.
Shyamala Aunty

shiningways2407It must be becoz of
operating through cell.
As I m not even
able to use smileys here.
By the way,mandy's thread
got DT's note!!
N the reason  is simply
laughable, ''dragging other actors''.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-06-09, 10:53

Thanks shyamala ji... Hope they will surely bring a visual treat.. I like the art works in AG films..

And agree it would be better if the female lead is not ash..

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by PAPS71 on 2014-06-09, 11:01

I liked jodha akbar movie. ... though it's only 3+ hrs... but it was nice.... in fact first time liked HR & ARB jodi.... loved their chemistry. .... now eagerly waiting for Ashutosh new movie.... becoz I love history. ... don't know how they will portray the 2500BC's story....

PAPS71
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-09, 11:03

Shyamala, I shall never ever say that SRK is a wonderful actor - that would be falsification to the infinite degree - yet I prefer SRK's romantic hero to many others!!!! And though Mohenjodaro and Meluha have yet to be made, I definitely will be avoiding both just becoz of the lead actor. Srry but I am not a fan either of the eye-candy that Hrithik supposedly is, nor of his average skills. I prefer Heith Ledger and those of his likes - including Daniel Day Lewis. In fact I am not a fan of Aamir Khan either - he tries too hard and most often falls flat on his face!!!!

Give me a Nawazuddin Siddiqui, a Pankaj Kapoor, an Irfan Khan, even an Annu Kapoor - I prefer to see them!!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-09, 11:42

[quote]
Adiana,
[i]Rs; SRK, [/i]thank Heavens for small mercies!  hpee 
My dear, you would like  Rajat as a lead hero, would you not? But then he will NOT be a Nawazuddin Siddiqui, or an Irfan Khan (both of whom I love)  will he? He will be a glamorous, very handsome, flamboyant star-actor. Then how will you cope?
Actually, the likes of Nawazuddin and Irfan are very lucky to have been born when they were, and not 20 years earlier. But even now, neither can carry a full fledged film unless it is practically arthouse. But Rajat will be able to do that, for he has star quality, which these otherwise superb actors lack totally.

As for Annu Kapoor, I do not like him at all as person, after seeing him bully contestant[i]s[/i] on his Antakshari shows, and as an actor, he can hardly  be slotted with  the splendid Irfan, can he now?
Shyamala

adianasrShyamala, I shall never ever say that SRK is a wonderful actor - that would be falsification to the infinite degree - yet I prefer SRK's romantic hero to many others!!!! And though Mohenjodaro and Meluha have yet to be made, I definitely will be avoiding both just becoz of the lead actor. Srry but I am not a fan either of the eye-candy that Hrithik supposedly is, nor of his average skills. I prefer Heith Ledger and those of his likes - including Daniel Day Lewis. In fact I am not a fan of Aamir Khan either - he tries too hard and most often falls flat on his face!!!!

Give me a Nawazuddin Siddiqui, a Pankaj Kapoor, an Irfan Khan, even an Annu Kapoor - I prefer to see them!!!!!![/quote]

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-09, 11:53

Shyamala, as of now I wont compare Rajat with the actors of the silver screen - he is brilliant yes and has the potential to set the silver screen on fire - but Cinema is a different ballgame - yet those who have stood out on TV have actually stood out on the silver screen too - case in point being Pankaj Kapoor and Vidya Balan - only I would prefer Rajat does not do any of the trite Bollywood song and dance routines - would prefer to see him in stories like Madras Cafe and the likes where there is substance - I really wish there is some director - producer duo who have the guts to take such plunges and give us something which has substance and stands out and takes RT for their movie!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-09, 12:02

i too want to see him in a unique movie that will suit his calibar and not some usual bollywood masala!
adianasr wrote:Shyamala, as of now I wont compare Rajat with the actors of the silver screen - he is brilliant yes and has the potential to set the silver screen on fire - but Cinema is a different ballgame - yet those who have stood out on TV have actually stood out on the silver screen too - case in point being Pankaj Kapoor and Vidya Balan - only I would prefer Rajat does not do any of the trite Bollywood song and dance routines - would prefer to see him in stories like Madras Cafe and the likes where there is substance - I really wish there is some director - producer duo who have the guts to take such plunges and give us something which has substance and stands out and takes RT for their movie!!!!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-09, 12:18

My dear Adiana, the Bollywood song and dance routine is hardly a staple these days.

And there are very few TV actors who have gone on to become big movie stars. Vidya Balan, who had a very minor role  in Hum Paanch,  was very lucky to get Parineeta. What would you say about her The Dirty Picture? She was catapulted into the big league because that film (which I avoided) and the fascinating Kahaani made a lot of money.

And Shahrukh is a one-off instance, while Sushant Singh is  a work in progress.

Plus, even if Rajat wants to become a Nawazuddin, which I doubt, he would not be able to do so. He is star material, and he has to aim for the top. There are plenty of intelligent films being made these days which are not masala, but are not the Lunchbox either, and some are even produced by KJo.  I do not want Rajat to become a John Abraham.

Laurence Olivier, who is considered by many to have been the greatest actor of his generation, always wanted to  become a huge Hollywood star, but never managed it, and Naseeruddin Shah always resents the success of Amitabh Bachchan. Every actor wants to be  a star too. It is a fact.

Finally, to succeed anywhere, one has to have Lady Luck on one's side. That remains to be seen re: Rajat. In the ultimate analysis, his films, when they come, have to make money, a lot of it. If not,  no matter how talented he is, he will be discarded, for no one there is running  a charitable institution. For he cannot become a Balraj Sahni either!

Shyamala

adianasrShyamala, as of now I wont compare Rajat with the actors of the silver screen - he is brilliant yes and has the potential to set the silver screen on fire - but Cinema is a different ballgame - yet those who have stood out on TV have actually stood out on the silver screen too - case in point being Pankaj Kapoor and Vidya Balan - only I would prefer Rajat does not do any of the trite Bollywood song and dance routines - would prefer to see him in stories like Madras Cafe and the likes where there is substance - I really wish there is some director - producer duo who have the guts to take such plunges and give us something which has substance and stands out and takes RT for their movie!!!!

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-09, 12:35

@adi since u r talking
abt movies like Madras cafe,
I got reminded of 
rajkumar rao who
is nowadays being 
approached for 
movies with serious subjects
Dont know abt his acting
skill.
N abt typical BW movie
with dancing drama,
this formula has reduced drastically nowadays.
Nowadays only song is 
played n some scenes w/O
dialogues go on.so RT might
get movies like madrascafe
if he tries.
Though I was highly
disappointed
when I got to
know that his first
attempt in BW was ''
BAPPI DA TUSSI GRT
HO'' though the movie
never released.
Hope so he doesnt make
same mistake again

@aunty hope so my
new method of writing
is working n not
eating up the letters.
If anythng is lef
plz do let me know.:)

shiningways2407

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-09, 12:47

This is perfect, Priyanka, and such a relief! Thanks my dear. Shyamala Auntyshiningways2407 wrote:@adi since u r talking abt movies like Madras cafe, I got reminded of 
rajkumar rao who is nowadays being approached for movies with serious subjects
Dont know abt his acting skill.
N abt typical BW movie with dancing drama, this formula has reduced drastically nowadays (exactly the point I have made above!). Nowadays only song is played n some scenes w/O
dialogues go on.so RT might get movies like madrascafe if he tries.
Though I was highly disappointed when I got to know that his first attempt in BW was ''
BAPPI DA TUSSI GRT HO'' though the movie never released. Hope so he doesnt make
same mistake again (That might have been his father pushing him, when he was getting no TV work for 2 years. I am glad such a frightful film never saw the light of day! Rajat has to start thinking for himself, AND be lucky).

@aunty hope so my new method of writing is working n not eating up the letters.
If anythng is left plz do let me know.:)

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Shweta on 2014-06-09, 15:57

Aunty and friends, Hrithik is all set for his hollywood debut and that too with one of the famous director Rob Cohen ! I think this Mohenjo-Daro project will halt for some time till HR gets time from his upcoming projects.

I wish Ashutosh gives chance to newcomers  Wink  Of course I'm talking about RT  peace

Shweta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-09, 17:20

Personally I would like to see RT do theatre as well as cinema!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 04:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum