Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 261: Equal honours

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 261: Equal honours

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-13, 13:31

Folks,

Do you remember when you had a meal so delicately seasoned, so well balanced, so filling, so utterly satisfactory, that after finishing with it, you simply did not want to do anything but roll the flavours of the dishes on your tongue? Not say a word about it, but simply to savour it again and again in your mind? That is how  I felt at 8:30 pm last night, and I felt the same after I had rewatched my recording again and again.

I do not know about you,  but I am a sucker for happy endings. And this was the happiest one I could have hoped for. In fact better than the best I had hoped for when I wrote in my last post, The death of a dream:

Jalal does it all by himself…..Which means that he does not want this to become a full blown scandal that will reverberate thru the harem, and then across Agra and the Mughal empire. … This, if I am correct, would then mean that though he would freeze Ruqaiya out of  his life as far as possible, he would not want to publicise the matter, and might have it hushed up as a miscarriage. The best, from Jalal’s point of view, would be for  no one, not even Hamida Banu and her coterie,  to know anything of the truth. ..

This course of action would be in line with his behaviour during the (admittedly far less serious) moorti kaand.  … This time around, however, the depth of the betrayal by Ruqaiya, and the depth of the hurt she has  inflicted on him, might make Jalal react far more  ferociously. …..But I hope not, and I confess that I would be greatly relieved if he is able to control himself, and the situation, with icy maturity.”

Well, I was right and I was wrong. Right in what would be not told and to whom, and wrong in whose wisdom would dictate that. And for once, I did not mind that I was wrong.

The Jalal I had dreamed of: But I must confess that till almost the end, after Jalal’s oh so smooth cover up, and even more so after that infinitely touching scene between Jalal and Ruqaiya – which was, for me, the highlight ot the whole episode, awash as  it was with forgiveness, compassion, nostalgia and regret, and with a perfect closure – I was conned into believing that for once, the script had given Jalal  his due.

That they had finally showed him as the great and generous, wise and compassionate human being that he was, ever ready to forgive and forget the wrongs done to him by his own. As Akbar really was for the whole of his life. I could not  believe my eyes or my ears, as I sat on the edge of my chair and  drank  it all in with welling delight. At last, I said to myself, they have hit bullseye! 

Then the flashback began, and I came down to earth with a thud. I should have known, of course, that what had gone before was simply too good to be true. Of course I knew, as I wrote in my last post, that :

For it is  almost a given  that the CVs will, in due course,  give Jodha  the credit for persuading  the estranged Jalal to eventually forgive Ruqaiya.

What I had not bargained for was that it would not be “in due course”. It was to be right here and now.

It is true that I would  have wanted  Jalal not  to be so ferociously angry  at what Ruqaiya had done to him as to have no thought of what the scandal he was about to unleash would do, not just to Ruqaiya, but also to the Mughal imperial family and the sultanate as a whole.

I had discussed the awful ramifications of such a scandal in detail the last time, and I shall not repeat that here. But exactly like a bull in a china shop, Jalal, if he had been allowed to give free rein to his fury,  would have wrecked far more than Ruqaiya’s life and honour. He would have jeopardized the honour and good name of the Mughal empire to which he attaches such paramount importance. And he would have regretted the consequences for the rest of his life, regretted them bitterly.

I would have wanted him, after a little reflection, to think all this out for himself, even if he could not, as a man and an alpha male, have been expected to perceive, understand why it was that Ruqaiya had done what she had done. And then, given this perception, this understanding, find it in himself to forgive her.

Not that I did not know the latter part  myself, for I had said the last time:

"It might be too much to expect that he would grasp, even if only dimly, that it was his excessive preoccupation with Jodha that has contributed  to Ruqaiya’s escalating insecurity. Or that he would understand that the second, and even more important contributory factor was his failure to get it across to her, gently and affectionately but firmly, that he loves Jodha,  and that Ruqaiya now has to adjust to this, given that her status, and her position in Jalal’s life will remain unchanged”.

But I had hoped that he could have covered the matter up, as he actually did, out of his own far-seeing wisdom , even if his anger towards Ruqaiya remained hot and vengeful.

Equal honours: That was not to be. But never mind. What was shown was, in its own way, very satisfying ,  even if Jalal  was robbed of his due. And that was because of the way it was scripted and enacted. Whence my title of today:Equal honours.

These equal honours are pretty widely spread.

Between the script and its enactment.

Between the characters of Jalal, Jodha and Ruqaiya.

Between the actors: Rajat, Paridhi and Lavina.

Jalal:Let me start with the Jalal we got.  My mother, in her infinite wisdom, said at once, in response to my knee-jerk  lamentations re: Jalal, that no man in such a fury could be expected to balance actions and consequences,  and even less to understand the complexities of Ruqaiya’s motives and pardon her folly. Mothers are always right, and so was  she.

Akbar had a legendary temper, whence the  tale that he had ordered that no capital sentence be carried out until he had reiterated it thrice. So perhaps it was asking for too much when I had wanted Jalal last night to weigh the consequence of the scandal he would have unleashed in his rage, and thus cover the whole matter up for raisons d’etat,  reasons of state, if not out of compassionate understanding of Ruqaiya’s psyche.

Given this, the rest  fell into place perfectly. For every human being, there is  at least one other whose words carry such enormous weight, are accorded such respect, because of the trust the other has been able to gain, that there is nothing that human being  will not do for the other. For Winston Churchill, deprived of parental love for all his growing years,  it was his beloved wife Clementina, who was his emotional anchor and his guiding light for all of his married life. For  Jalal, at least in our serial,  it is to be Jodha.

Once we accept that, we can be at peace.  Of course , there was no TV serial made on Clementina  and Winston Churchill to tell  us how she had converted him from an aimless, psychologically handicapped young man into a great war leader (he was nothing like great in peace time!), for which Churchill’s rooh should be duely grateful! hpee 
To revert,  it  is also true that once Jodha halts him in his furious track, and tells him where he is going wrong, Jalal does have the greatness of mind to both understand and accept that he was wrong. And to then to  not just do the right thing, but the great and generous thing, that too not half-heartedly, but in  full measure.

I did not think much of Rajat’s Jalal during the long expostulatory scene with Jodha. There should have been more of a gradual softening,  a progressive lightening, of his face and his eyes as he is dragged,  by the force of Jodha’s words, to face the truth:  that  both the reasons for Ruqaiya’s folly – her sense of alienation from him of late,  and her consequent, desperate desire to get back to what she was for him in the old days – are  directly linked to his behaviour towards her. There was some of it  in his  stormy eyes as he seemed to be pondering over what Jodha was saying,  but not enough. He stood there almost throughout  like an angry bull, head lowered and brows drawn together in lingering anger.

I was only glad that Rajat did not crinkle up his face, as he does all too often nowadays  to  convey rage. His handsome face then gets distorted by a nose that looks like a misshapen potato, and the whole effect is both all too predictable and over the top.  Someone has to get him out of this tick,  and make him revert to the cold, icy and terrifying anger he could summon up so  effectively in the early episodes, instead of trying to look like a Pamplona bull in action. But if so many are going to drool over “an angry Jalal”, there is no hope for this much needed reversion to his old form!

Jalal with Ruqaiya: True greatness: It was in the climactic scene with a Ruqaiya torn by grief and fruitless regret, that Rajat’s Jalal came into his own.

Even earlier, as he stands, his back to the womenfolk consoling a distraught Ruqaiya, as Gulbadan Begum trots out the usual clichés about Allah ke ghar der hai par andher nahin..Uske har faisle ke peeche koyi na koyi wajah chupi hoti hai...  his face twitches in helpless agony as the irony of it all seeps in. But of course he does not know that those very words are going to come true when Jodha  fulfils Sheikh Salim Chisti’s prophecy and gives him his long sought and dreamed of aulaad and heir.

Then Jalal sends them all off, Jodha included, and comes back to a tearful, frightened Ruqaiya,  who stares at his grim face in fearful anticipation. When he begins to move towards her, the anger is still raw in his face.

But as he gets closer to her, as she stammers out her regret and pleadingly states her reasons for such folly, tears pouring down her cheeks as she swears never to repeat it, his face changes, and it seems as if  he is looking past this Ruqaiya to his old childhood friend, his Gatti.

And as unexpectedly for us as for her, he  folds her in his arms,  as she dissolves into sobs.

I can still remember how proud I felt of Jalal at that moment, and all that was revealed later has not devalued that pride. For it takes a great man, and and an even greater Shahenshah, to not just realise his mistakes, but to accept them and to correct them so fully.

What followed was as exquisite in conception and scripting as it was in terms of performance. Every nuance that Rajat brought to Jalal at this point of time was so sharp and yet so delicate that I did not tire of that scene even after the fifth rewatching. Which, by the way,  did not hold good for the dramatic  flashback.

The tired sadness that he hides as he strives to get Ruqaiya  back to normal, to pull her out from her anguish and shame.  The painful attempt at restoring normalcy between them with that chess game. The wincing as she repeatedly begs for his forgiveness; he does not want to go back to that wound and make it bleed anew.

The determination to hide his own heartache in order to convey the reassurance that she so desperately needs. Aap hamari jaan hain, hum aapki jaan kaise le sakte hain? .. Tumhe is baat ko nahin bhoolna chahiye tha, Ruqaiya, ki tum  pehle bhi hamari dost thi aur hamesha rahogi.. Tum hamari sabse pehli begum thi, aur hamesha rahogi..

The acceptance of at least part of the blame for what she had done. Kahin na kahin, humne  tumhe ehmiyat nahin di, jiski wajah se tum itni badi gustakhi kar baithi…shayad tum tanha mehsoos kar rahi thi..

The heart-wrenching nostalgia with which he longs for the old, carefree childhood days with her.. Kahan gayi wo yaadein, kahan gaye wo din.. wo meethi meethi yaadein, wo bachpana, kahan kho gaya hai? Yeh yaadein, yeh  yakeen.. It is like a heart-rending lament for a lost paradise.

The bitterness at this loss that he hides  so well as he bids her farewell, and then the resurgent, protective affection with which he comes back again  to tell her to trust him to set right her complaints, her problems, par Khuda ke liye, mujhe dobara daga mat dena.. main bardaasht nahin kar sakoonga.

It was a tour de force,   a master class in acting. The script, flawless in every detail, furnished the  scaffolding, the skeleton, but it needed a Rajat to flesh it out with his subtlety and his mastery of both emotion and nuance. It was, to my mind, his very best scene so far in Jodha Akbar.

His emotional refuge: But Jalal is no man of iron, he is human after all. As he walks aways from Ruqaiya, he is limp and crushed inside with grief and loss, and raging against the cruelty of fate, jiski dhaar shamsheer ki dhaar se bhi tez hoti hai.

So he goes back to his emotional  harbour, his refuge from these storm-tossed seas. Back to his Jodha Begum, with whom he does not need to be the unshakeable Shahenshah whom no calamity can weaken, no loss can shatter. With whom he can be himself, even if it is to weep on her shoulder, and then sit quietly at her side as she holds him comfortingly by the arm and reassures him that between them, there is no room for gratitude,but  only  for love, and that she  will love him forever. 

Old shoe love: It is this that was brought out for the first time last night, and so beautifully and convincingly. Jalal and Jodha have already reached the “old shoe love” stage  that Mira Nair celebrated in her Monsoon Wedding; their bond is based not just on total trust, but as much on deep and protective affection, far more than on passion.  Passion is  a building block of love, especially in the early stages, but it is affection, protectiveness and faith that make love lasting. Curiously enough, this couple seem to have leap-frogged to the latter stage all at once (thanks perhaps to Paridhi’s does and don’ts hpee , but the ending scene was lovely and appealing nonetheless!).

Jodha: She came fully into her own at last, standing in the path of Jalal’s titanic anger  like the immovable object that halted the irressisitible force. Who handled Jalal in peak fury with the unhesitating confidence of a lion tamer.

Firm and forceful, grabbing a raging Jalal, who jerks his arm away,  with a categoric  Chhodne ke liye hum aapke saath nahin aaye  hain…Humein aapse bhay nahin lagta..Bhay lagta hai ki aap krodh mein koyi anuchit nirnay ne le lein. 

Overcoming her shock  at the revelation of Ruqaiya’s folly to stop a Jalal,  determined to wreak salutary vengeance on Ruqaiya,  dead in his tracks, with the unfailing, time-tested saugandh -  both hers and Kanha’s (one day she will say kasam,  but we are not there yet!). 

Except that unlike the lion tamer,  Jodha does this not for showing off her control over Jalal, but for his sake, to prevent  him from doing something he  would regret bitterly for the rest of his life.

She does  it because her protectiveness towards him is now greater even than the jealousy of Ruqaiya that surfaced so sharply the other day. Or perhaps, because she is now so sure of his love that she does not see  Ruqaiya as a competitor  any more.

And perhaps it was that very jealousy, now a thing of the past, that helps Jodha understand now  where Ruqaiya was coming from. What she must have felt as her own till then unassailable postion in Jalal’s life was undermined by the arrival of Jodha and Jalal’s growing closeness to Jodha, coupled with his distancing himself from his Begum-e-Khaas. To understand that if Jalal  had taken the trouble to convince   Ruqaiya that her importance in his life would be undiminished,  she would never have stooped to this deception in order to win back his affections.

This ability to see things from the point of view of the other, with honesty and compassion, even if there is no love lost between  you and that other, is a truly admirable trait. For Jodha is not cooking up these arguments to convince Jalal; she clearly believes in what she is saying, and  it is this belief of hers that carries conviction.

And it is this truth  of what drove Ruqaiya to commit this ghastly mistake that  Jodha  forces Jalal, till then in a mode of stubborn denial, to face , by holding up a mirror to his own zehen,  to his conscience. And given his innate honesty,  face it he does, and then accepts it and acts on it.

Jodha is also intensely practical, and she realises at once that this has to be kept secret from all but the three of them. She sees this from the personal, emotional angle of what being  so cruelly and publicly disgraced would do to Ruqaiya, and at one remove , to Jalal as well. But it is also  true that by forcing Jalal  to overcome his desire for retribution and forgive Ruqaiya, Jodha does a huge favour to the Mughal sultanate.

Set against the genuine, unforced  nobility of the whole passage, even Jodha’s mini bhashan to Jalal, adjuring him to fulfil his duties as a husband and a friend , does not grate on one’s nerves. When she refers to Ruqaiya as Jalal’s only friend..  Aur mitron ke   to sau  apradh bhi kshama kiye ja sakte hain, Shahenshah, because such friends, who stand by one all their lives,  are very hard to find, Jodha is both passionate and appealing,  as against the old self-righteous preachiness. 

For she is now trying her utmost, not just to save Ruqaiya, per se and for Jalal’s sake. She is trying to take Jalal beyond mere condescending forgiveness. She is trying to reawaken in him the memories of the old Ruqaiya, the Gatti of his childhood and youth. To reinstate that image in his  mind and heart, wiping  out the one  of a scheming, deceitful  wife who had betrayed him and hit him at his weakest, most vulnerable spot. To  heal the wounds that have been inflicted on Jalal by the destruction of his image of Ruqaiya, his lifelong friend and companion.

I also found it touching that Jodha, for all her insistence that Jalal had in effect created the circumstances that pushed Ruqaiya to do what she did, does not underestimate the depth of his anguish at all that has happened. Even before he comes back to her, her eyes well up with empathetic  grief. 

And when he does get there, the way she handles him  is  perfect: gently, affectionately supportive,  and totally free of any smugness  or self-satisfaction. She is all set to be his unwavering support, a haven of calm and peace where he can take refuge from the storms in his life, a  compass that he can depend upon to guide him  in difficult times, confident that she will never have any interests at stake but his own.

Paridhi was exceptionally  convincing during the whole of that long scene. The script,  and all her lines, were superb, but so was the way she handled the whole, And no wonder, for this sort of strong, clear-headed, honest and fair-minded characterization is  her forte, and it is rarely that she gets it. She made the most of the opportunity, and ended up with her most effective and appealing scene to date.

Looking back, I was struck, in the opening scene, but the shifting expressions on Jodha’s face as Jalal is talking to Hamida and the rest, and Ruqaiya is weeping in the background. First, as he says that nothing is right,  there is worry and trepidation: will he hide the secret or not? Then, as he goes on to say that there had been a miscarriage,  relief washes over her  and can be seen in her eyes. It was like rewatching The Sixth Sense  and spotting all the clues that one could not understand the first time around!

Ruqaiya: Cleansing repentance:  She got much less footage than Jalal or Jodha, and she did not have any of the moving or dramatic lines they had. She was also handicapped by being the guilty one, awash in remorse and weighed down by bitter guilt, which forced her into a monochrome characterisation and Lavina into a monochrome performance.

But still, Lavina’s Ruqaiya, eyes constantly brimming over with tears of regret and shame,  strives (wo)manfully to overcome these  handicaps, and succeeds to a large extent.

Initially fearful of what Jalal would do to her, and then, when he not merely forgives her,   but goes out of his way to accept part of the blame and to reinstate her as his  friend for all time and his first begum,  feeling even worse,  crushed by the extent of such unhoped for generosity. When he sits down for the chess game, her face is a study in disbelief, and then in overwhelming gratitude. She looks at him as he speaks of the old days, and there is a raw pain in her eyes that mirrors his own.

When he comes back to her from halfway to the exit, holds her head in his hand and caresses it as he asks her  to come to him with all her complaints, but never to betray him again, Ruqaiya simply  cannot bear it, cannot bear to be treated with such forbearance. That shows in the little sideways twist of her head, the  look in her eyes – shame, regret and above all, overwhelming gratitude  for his forgiveness, his compassion and his supportiveness.

As she stands looking at him leaving, her face dissolves,  like something put in a bath of acid. The features  crumple and lose their definition, until all that is left is a mask of bitter self-loathing. I am sure that  she would have been shamed far more by his kindness that she would have been by any punishment, and  I devoutly hope that she is also cleansed of all her jealous insecurity and the petty-mindedness that results from that insecurity. I too want the old Gatti back, above all for Jalal’s sake.

Oh Lord, see how long this has become! Never mind, I am sure you will bear with me!  

Just a marvelous meal is not complete without a dish of karela, so too we had the rigmarole of Mahaam, the Gwalior Hakim, and Shehnaaz. It appears as if Mahaam has been taking a cut out of the provisions of the prisoners on a regular basis. Now we know where Adham gets his pilfering tendencies from!  

As for the precap, undoubtedly Shehnaaz’s fantasy, what struck me was, firstly, the stabbing from a  metre away, and secondly, the spectacle of the guards standing like dummies even after the Shahenshah had been stabbed and had collapsed, with blood gushing out of his mouth!

Shyamala/Aunty

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Aunty,

Post by sunshin-sun on 2014-06-13, 14:14

I think m the first one to post  hpee 
I wud have liked the epi if jalal hadnt divulded anything on jodha insistence ....but still jodha was at her best behaviour acting wise ..last scene was very touching.. Rajat / jalal acting is par excellence ..u describe it too well...Lavina did  a fab job in protarying various emotions .. wen i was watching i was remembering ur each words n ur worst fear has come true but it came out better  hpee 
Thank u Aunty for the pm  long hug

sunshin-sun

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 261: Equal honours

Post by shobita on 2014-06-13, 14:28

Beautiful post Aunty! Made me very emotional.

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-06-13, 14:31

Aunty I must say I love you for this post...as it was me speaking...each word of yours echo my sentiments.  long hug  hpee

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-13, 14:33

Lovely Shyamala. Like I said in IF, I had mixed reactions, I was happy what ever happened in the hojra with Ruq's and his reactions, emotions, all were perfect/bang on.  My only complain was/is that, he cried that Jodha saved him from loosing his childhood friend, I somehow felt that, will he try to be completely normal from tomorrow?  WIll she learn her lesson?

This action of his shouldn't make him feel guilty the day he is questioned by MA for favouring his Begum and being biased in giving justice.  Ofcourse he is an Emperor and he doesn't have to justify that, but somehow if everything gets normal from tomorrow, it is kind of weird, and I just hope Ruq's guilt makes her better and his forgiveness shouldn't make her more arrogant.  But one thing is for sure, MA will definitely reveal this in public when she gets caught for her khaand.

Last edited by aashyagh on 2014-06-13, 14:43; edited 1 time in total

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shweta on 2014-06-13, 14:36

Loved it Aunty !

The other forum is screaming, screeching with anger and throwing tantrums like our Ruqaiya but I totally loved the trio Jalal-Jodha-Ruqu, Yes I loved Jodha  Wink 

I expected CVs will show Jalal exposing Ruqaiya at least in front of Hamida and Salima but kudos to them for not degrading Jalal's character, it doesn't matter Jodha cleared his head and influenced him to forgive Ruqaiya, Jalal has always been compassionate when he realizes others pain, its just a matter of time I'm quite sure he would have forgiven Ruqaiya once he cooled himself down. But, he was needed to make it realize why Ruqaiya did what she did, though it is a bit unrealistic for someone to be as Mahan as Jodha but still Jodha is like this only and I was not surprised that she asked Jalal to forgive Ruqaiya, for a change Paridhi was very good in that scene  hpee

Shweta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by smile.sara on 2014-06-13, 14:42

aunty long hug 

today I read worst crying and cursing people on IF.....after your last pyar wali daant I totally stopped going there but today I went to enjoy there hpee 

kitni ajeeb baat hae ...for us this was one of best epi of jodha Akbar ....and for some it was worst ....

there are number of post ... peolle literally crying and cursing jodh anad jalal.... jodha fans want to slap her hard....they want jodha miscarriage by ruku ...can u imagin .... ???

want jalal should drag ruku in DEK.... slap her hard.... let jodha slap her and made ruku bandhi of jodha as punishment  zipped 

u know aunty ....I watched that ruqlal scene lots of time till morning (in usa epi comes in morning) and every time I cried...
specially from chess ...

must say well directed , well scripted and well executed scene....
rajat is really a born star.... so much emotion in on scene face expression, voice modulation ...
;;;
chemistry of rajat and lavina was on fire today....

It would be dream come true if jalal will think and realize ruku situation ans his relation with his gatti on his own but still its ok..as u said ..it will be easy if except tht each and every thing  will go in jodha credit

smile.sara

Back to top Go down

Post by sun29 on 2014-06-13, 14:43

Dear Shyamala..this is sunny here...and this is my first post in this forum...but i could not help it...to tell you honestly i was waiting for your post on last night's episode...i watched the episode this morning ..and it was not at all the way many deciphered it...everyone saw and heard words and gestures ..none saw that thin veil hiding real emotions...something did break between Jalal and ruqaiyya..but there was no sound instead a chasm was there...and is still there...Jalal is making that effort trying to take it back to the old days...now ruqaiyya too has to try ...she needs to understand ..and i really hope those tears are for repentance and as the last scene where Jalal warns her which was omnious ,she ,i pray ,does nothing foolish anymore..coz this time there will be no blaming Jalal ,Jodha or anyone 

coming to your post...it is so beautiful and touching ...and really made me emotional too..thank you so much for it....there is nothing much to add but i really felt happy with the last scene...there was that old age comfort in the way she held his arms and leaned on his shoulder and the reassurance that she gave him...this is romance for me in all its chemistry ...

also other than the kaanha kasam that she gave i liked how she put forward ruqaiyya's manodasha and this was more for him than for anyone else..for she knows the place ruqaiyya holds in his life and she has no qualms accepting it...yes she is assured of her love and place in his life but more than that she is assured of her love for him which shall always ensure his well being more than anything else...

yesterday i was lamenting that i did not want her to seek forgiveness so soon but then when i watched the episode i understood how it was necessary at that moment or else all would have been lost...

ruqaiyaa needs to tell Jalal that MA also knows before MA uses this to publicly embarass him which i see coming  ...from here ruqaiyya either repents and stops making such senseless plans or once again fuelled by MA or anyone else and riding on overconfidence that he will forgive her always she does something even more sillier....smarten  up girl for your own sake smarten up

sun29

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-06-13, 14:59

sun29 wrote:Dear Shyamala..this is sunny here...and this is my first post in this forum...but i could not help it...to tell you honestly i was waiting for your post on last night's episode...i watched the episode this morning ..and it was not at all the way many deciphered it...everyone saw and heard words and gestures ..none saw that thin veil hiding real emotions...something did break between Jalal and ruqaiyya..but there was no sound instead a chasm was there...and is still there...Jalal is making that effort trying to take it back to the old days...now ruqaiyya too has to try ...she needs to understand ..and i really hope those tears are for repentance and as the last scene where Jalal warns her which was omnious ,she ,i pray ,does nothing foolish anymore..coz this time there will be no blaming Jalal ,Jodha or anyone 

coming to your post...it is so beautiful and touching ...and really made me emotional too..thank you so much for it....there is nothing much to add but i really felt happy with the last scene...there was that old age comfort in the way she held his arms and leaned on his shoulder and the reassurance that she gave him...this is romance for me in all its chemistry ...

also other than the kaanha kasam that she gave i liked how she put forward ruqaiyya's manodasha and this was more for him than for anyone else..for she knows the place ruqaiyya holds in his life and she has no qualms accepting it...yes she is assured of her love and place in his life but more than that she is assured of her love for him which shall always ensure his well being more than anything else...

yesterday i was lamenting that i did not want her to seek forgiveness so soon but then when i watched the episode i understood how it was necessary at that moment or else all would have been lost...

ruqaiyaa needs to tell Jalal that MA also knows before MA uses this to publicly embarass him which i see coming  ...from here ruqaiyya either repents and stops making such senseless plans or once again fuelled by MA or anyone else and riding on overconfidence that he will forgive her always she does something even more sillier....smarten  up girl for your own sake smarten up

Aunty, something did crack between them..nahi?? Jalal did not pour out his hurt heart in front of Ruqaiya...he reined in his emotions...may be everything will be fine slowly but thin, fine line of crack in this porcelain vase will always remain.

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by smile.sara on 2014-06-13, 15:29

I want her to go back to gazni... her father territory...
she can live any where still will remain jalal wife ....  

mugla shahzadi .... grand daughter of babar is not to  live as forgotten part of life  for her husband  .. she should not be warden of her husband  disgraced forgotten wives

she still have all poer of malika e begum, she knows she can never be MUZ.... so how can we say tht she did al this for her ahdha lalach.... if she only wants power she can always be so goody goody ...no body can take her powers of chief queen even when jodha is MUZ and love of his life if she behaves all goody ...

CV them selves confuse what they want from ruku character .... she wants love and care of jalal or power?? bec at this stage of time ...she still has all powers but not jalal ka saath ...so if she really only cares for power why craving for jalal's attention and care

the people who are saying things are not same btw them from now.... since after he found his DIL when things were same btw them ??... he almost forgotten tht there was once a rukayya begum in his life...

when he came from unsuccessful jodha manao mission and ruku welcomed him with embrace ...every one was happy on his not interesting attitude towards his first wife.... what was that ???... do people think at that time things were normal btw them?? or did his behavior was right ...he was not even have any emotions how must be rukayya feeling with this extreme manju giri  .... now atleast they wuld have try to make things normal ...I hope so

Last edited by smile.sara on 2014-06-13, 23:23; edited 1 time in total

smile.sara

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-13, 16:02

Honestly aunty today im only the one but as I had said before I will repeat tht  I wont believe even at the gun point tht jalal ignored ruku or was insensitive towards her. Whtever jodha told him was already done by him during the murti kand. If we r talking about ignorance it was started by ruku herself from BK's death.  But as usual jalal took the entire blame on himself just like he did in the last MU track. Unfortunately neither jodha fans nor ruku supporters look at the root cause of the prob nd thus jalal is always the easy target. Jodha knows very well tht whtever maybe the issue jalal loves ruku. So if jalal punishes ruku he himself will be in a pain which even she cant heal. Her credit here is not tht she made jalal realize about sumthing bcoz even she was also enjoying jalal's attention, her credit here is she understood jalal's emotions nd how much he will be in pain, .

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-13, 16:10

munnirony wrote:
Exactly, Munni, but you are not the only one. Did I not write here:
Except that unlike the lion tamer,  Jodha does this not for showing off her control over Jalal, but for his sake, to prevent  him from doing something he  would regret bitterly for the rest of his life.....

For she is now trying her utmost, not just to save Ruqaiya, per se and for Jalal’s sake. She is trying to take Jalal beyond mere condescending forgiveness. She is trying to reawaken in him the memories of the old Ruqaiya, the Gatti of his childhood and youth. To reinstate that image in his  mind and heart, wiping  out the one  of a scheming, deceitful  wife who had betrayed him and hit him at his weakest, most vulnerable spot. To  heal the wounds that have been inflicted on Jalal by the destruction of his image of Ruqaiya, his lifelong friend and companion.

Plus, I cannot see WHERE Jalal is to blame. Not at all. I would have liked him to do what he did on his own, and he would have done it given some time, but not in that white hot rage, which is why Jodha's intervention was vital.

But as for his moving away from Ruqaiya, that is  a fact, even if he was not conscious of it. and it is but natural. When you fall in love for the first time, every other relationship takes a backseat. Which is why I have always said that Jalal should  have sat Ruqaiya down and explained it all to her, about Jodha,himself and herself, and made sure she understood him.

Shyamala Aunty

Honestly aunty today im only the one but as I had said before I will repeat tht  I wont believe even at the gun point tht jalal ignored ruku or was insensitive towards her. Whtever jodha told him was already done by him during the murti kand. If we r talking about ignorance it was started by ruku herself from BK's death.  But as usual jalal took the entire blame on himself just like he did in the last MU track. Unfortunately neither jodha fans nor ruku supporters look at the root cause of the prob nd thus jalal is always the easy target. Jodha knows very well tht whtever maybe the issue jalal loves ruku. So if jalal punishes ruku he himself will be in a pain which even she cant heal. Her credit here is not tht she made jalal realize about sumthing bcoz even she was also enjoying jalal's attention, her credit here is she understood jalal's emotions nd how much he will be in pain, .

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-13, 18:45

prob is tht aunty, only jalal is blamed for himself distancing from ruku, didnt ruku do the same thing due to her harem responsibilities??? yes tht was also not intentional but thts also the fact. yes jalal was busy in his sultanate issues, but still time to time he needed emotional support which maham gave him. infact, even HB failed to give tht support to him even though she loves her son a lot. regarding making ruku sit & understand he had tried twice. 1st tht 2 river sides can run simultaneously, 2ndly, after divorce drama though indirectly. why do we always expect from jalal?? why cant ruku do the same??? jalal & ruku r almost of same so why jalal is expected to behave as a 50 yr old??? relationship is not one-sided, so maybe if ruku had tried to understand him then maybe he wouldnt have looked for tht emotional support from anyone else. & thts my prob with both. there r several justifications about jodha & ruku's faults. whenever they r unhappy its jalal's fault & he is termed insensitive. he might have taken all the blame on himself just like he did with jodha during last track, but i will never accept tht he is responsible for ruku's drastic step. thts why i said aunty im the only one.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-06-13, 22:27

Aunty,
An emotional post on a really heart touching episode..yesterday i skipped the episode at 8 p.m..and i decided to not to come in the forum too..becoz i was least interested in ruk bhandhaphod and jalal,s heartbreak..den later i read wu..den watched episode again and again and again..don,t knw how many times..i was eagerly waiting for ur post..from the time u posted it, i,m reading ur post..don't ask me how many times..everytime, i stops reading ur take on jalal, and his dialogues RUK..Den watch dat scene..both u and jalal made me a weeping pot...now i have slight fever and cold..all thanks to jalal..i don't have anything more to say..u explained it all very well..i don,t mind jo getting credit..becoz , now i'm used to it..
aunty, idon't understand salima begam's reaction.."aap BEK  hai blah, blah.."..is dis the way of consoling a sister who lost her child..??..we knw she faked pregnency, but she didn't na??i.She is a big failure as a sister..

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-06-13, 22:55

aunty, i don't think ruk's character is going to change..after watching today's episode, i don't think so..i think cvs wil show her plan jo's mc or any serious plotting..now new vamp is also entering..like MA-RUK pair dey wil make a new team..jalal is not forgiven her..he said clearly becoz of jo, he did dat..i won't blame him..he was very cold toward ruk..and taunted her too of not to become MuZ/MOTHER in her entire life..i won't blame him..ruk played with his emotions, and his bitterness in words r becoz he is very hurt by her betrayel..no matter what, their relationship won't b same..it was better, if it's all ended yesterday..jalal,s behavoir to ruk won't b the same.. never ever again..he is doing it only for jo's sake..according to precap, ruk got to knw dat, becoz of jo, jalal forgave ruk..and again she started..der is no end  to dis drama..i think dey had a very gud chance to end Ruklal relation in a meaningful way yesterday..ruk betrayed jalal, jalal punished her..dat's it..after watching yesterday,s episode i was very happy..but today, the way jalal-ruk conversation happened, and in precap how ruk shouted on jo, my whole pov changed..der is no future for RukLal relationship at all..jodha emotionally blackmailed jalal, and he forgave ruk..he is not satisfied in his decision..ruk is unhappy dat becoz of jo, jalal forgave her..jodha is inbetween dis two ..i love RukLal very much..but i don't want dis relationship continue like dis..no one is happy..den why to strech dis relation??..

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-14, 00:52

ruks is thinking tht jalal forgave only bcoz of jodha but the fact is he also didnt wanted to loose his friend. he certainly understood tht ruku wanted his attention but the pain which he got is not easy to forget & besides ruku's attitude even after such an big issue irked him. he had forgiven her, but not forgotten. jodha is not inbetween ruqlal. its ruku who is bringing jodha evrytime inbetween them. she wants to spend more time with jalal thts right. but she should concentrate on bringing jalal close, not on other issues. & thts the thing which she is missing out big time.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-06-14, 07:12

Ruk connects everything in her life with jodha..where is dat ruk who thanked jo at the end of tasneem track and Benz track??o.k..der was new improvement in their relationship, but atleast she said thank you..now what's dis crappy precap??i do't knw why she is saying so..i think she have to make a lot of efforts to make her's jalal's relation  to normal track..but here she is playing jodha, jodha..jalal already said , if she has anycomplaints, just tell him..so she should go to him, and tell him everything..dis is the only way out of her all problems..

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by smile.sara on 2014-06-14, 07:25

I don't know what they really want from rukkayya character.... she is not vamp of show....

lavina  just won the best supporting actor award as rukayya begum.... most important awards indian telly awards and ITA are yet to come so why ruining their interesting supporting character ???...

almost all big soaps have main leads pair and parallel leads ... I think mass TRP audience of JA excepted very long ago ja-jo as main lead and ruqlal as parallel lead ....

so pls CV stop this triangle war and harem politics and concentrate more on some serious drama ..

smile.sara

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-14, 09:49

very well written post shyamala, and when is it not!..i too loved the episode, especially ruqlal scene, jodha was at her best and rajat was mind blowing, i watched the episode many times especially the ruqlal scene to cherish rajat;s expressions..this boy of ours raises the bar every time and i adore him for that!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-14, 09:51

i agree sara, in fact i am enjoying ruqlal scenes more..they look more convincing and natural..paridhi is too stiff in romantic scenes, she needs to work on it..and also her expressions lacck the intensity in such scenes..i find lavina more expressive!
smile.sara wrote:I don't know what they really want from rukkayya character.... she is not vamp of show....

lavina  just won the best supporting actor award as rukayya begum.... most important awards indian telly awards and ITA are yet to come so why ruining their interesting supporting character ???...

almost all big soaps have main leads pair and parallel leads ... I think mass TRP audience of JA excepted very long ago ja-jo as main lead and ruqlal as parallel lead ....

so pls CV stop this triangle war and harem politics and concentrate more on some serious drama ..

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-06-14, 10:37

In Lavina Tandon's new interview she praised director alot..i'm not sure which director..but it seems SV only..  she said she scared of him , becoz he wants everything perfect..:lollol:Rajat and LT r very fond of SV..people are saying, she is director's favorite..dat's why her scenes r well directed and get too much importance in the show hppy ..looool...he is the director, not script director...

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-14, 11:01

@greesh, really people dont know how to keep actor & the character separate. even i also criticize ruku, but when it comes to the actress i fully praise lavina.

Last edited by munnirony on 2014-06-14, 11:20; edited 1 time in total

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-14, 11:19

well honestly we r having many diff of opinions & debates. im agreeing with sum points & disagreeing with others, but the one thing which we all will agree tht its better if harem things is reduced & concentrate more on the political issues. let ruku & jodha handle their probs on their own. even die-heart akdha fans also want to see rajat in action. seriously, i neither care about ruqlal nor akdha i just want gud performance oriented scenes for rajat, which can fetch him more nd more awards thts it.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-14, 11:39

munni, i have a very strong feeling that now it will be hard core polotics!..jalal will be at logger heads with MC and both the actors will steal the show..mita vashisht is actor par excellence!
munnirony wrote:well honestly we r having many diff of opinions & debates. im agreeing with sum points & disagreeing with others, but the one thing which we all will agree tht its better if harem things is reduced & concentrate more on the political issues. let ruku & jodha handle their probs on their own. even die-heart akdha fans also want to see rajat in action. seriously, i neither care about ruqlal nor akdha i just want gud performance oriented scenes for rajat, which can fetch him more nd more awards thts it.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningways2407 on 2014-06-14, 12:01

@mandy yup Its gonna 
b hard core politics n action.
Both JJ will go on wars as per
zee operator n 9gems will
come one by one.
Though I doubr operators.