Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 261: Equal honours

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 261: Equal honours

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-15, 20:28

ok aunty, i have a diff analysis. jodha didnt said tht jalal was not giving ruku time, if u hear her dialogues carefully she indirectly said tht jalal's time got divided bcoz now jodha is there. jodha didnt said tht jalal was ignoring ruku, jodha said tht ruku always needs tht assurance tht she is jalal's most fav. so actually jodha didnt said tht jalal is fault, bcoz if thts the case then she was enjoying extra jalal's attention & till now she also didnt said tht jalal should give more time to ruku, she said tht it was ruku who was feeling left out.  jodha didnt meant tht jalal is at fault, but she meant tht since now the time got divided ruku feels tht jalal is not with her. jodha told this in a twisted way bcoz she knows tht jalal will understand & he will also take the blame, but ruku wont understand.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-15, 21:25

munnirony wrote:
Well, Munni, Jodha does say,Yadi aapne ne unse dooriyan nahi badayi hoti to,..  which comes to the same thing as his not giving Ruqaiya  enough time, which would be a natural consequence of Jalal distancing himself from her.

Now, I am responding to the other points you had made on Divya’s thread. I think Jodha would have controlled him in any case with her saugandh - he would never have broken her kasam -  but the result of his realising his failing is that he lets Ruqaiya down much more gently than might otherwise have been the case.

As for the much more acute nature of the  crimes committed by Mahaam and Bakshi Banu, i agree completely with you. There is no comparison at all, unless people thought that Ruqaiya was planning to foist a changeling on Jalal  as his heir. The problem is that Ruqaiya does not  seem to have thought thru what she intends to do at all. It is so unbelievably stupid.

Shyamala Aunty
ok aunty, i have a diff analysis. jodha didnt said tht jalal was not giving ruku time, if u hear her dialogues carefully she indirectly said tht jalal's time got divided bcoz now jodha is there. jodha didnt said tht jalal was ignoring ruku, jodha said tht ruku always needs tht assurance tht she is jalal's most fav. so actually jodha didnt said tht jalal is fault, bcoz if thts the case then she was enjoying extra jalal's attention & till now she also didnt said tht jalal should give more time to ruku, she said tht it was ruku who was feeling left out.  jodha didnt meant tht jalal is at fault, but she meant tht since now the time got divided ruku feels tht jalal is not with her. jodha told this in a twisted way bcoz she knows tht jalal will understand & he will also take the blame, but ruku wont understand.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-17, 12:59

Thank you so much, my dear Shobita, and I am sorry I am so late with this reply. I liked the one a lot myself, which is not often the case, for mostly, when I am done with a  post, I feel like a cook who has prepared an elaborate meal, and I do not want to read it again at all, just as she/he does not want to eat that meal!  hpee 

But not this one, which is one of my  best about Jodha Akbar.
By the way, my dear, have you edited down your comment? I seem to remember there being more of it when I read it the first time.
Shyamala Aunty

shobitaBeautiful post Aunty! Made me very emotional.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-17, 13:07

[quote defaultattr=""]I have written  about this incredibly warm comment of yours in my  next post, my dear Greeshma, but I wanted to reiterate it here as well. I have never been so touched by anyone's praise as much as I have been by yours here. Thank you!
I loved this post myself. As I wrote to Shobita above, this is not always, or mostly the case. It is one of my best by my own ratings, though I would rank Sunlight on a butterfly's wings a tad higher.
As for Salima's comment, my dear, it was an odd and mechanical one. I have noted that in my next post, and contrasted it with what Jodha tells Jalal when she is trying to get him to eat his dinner.
Shyamala Aunty
Greeshma014Aunty,
An emotional post on a really heart touching episode..yesterday i skipped the episode at 8 p.m..and i decided to not to come in the forum too..becoz i was least interested in ruk bhandhaphod and jalal,s heartbreak..den later i read wu..den watched episode again and again and again..don,t knw how many times..i was eagerly waiting for ur post..from the time u posted it, i,m reading ur post..don't ask me how many times..everytime, i stops reading ur take on jalal, and his dialogues RUK..Den watch dat scene..both u and jalal made me a weeping pot...now i have slight fever and cold..all thanks to jalal..i don't have anything more to say..u explained it all very well..i don,t mind jo getting credit..becoz , now i'm used to it..
aunty, idon't understand salima begam's reaction.."aap BEK  hai blah, blah.."..is dis the way of consoling a sister who lost her child..??..we knw she faked pregnency, but she didn't na??i.She is a big failure as a sister..[/quote]

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-17, 13:09

Thank you so much, my dear Mishti, all the more so because, as I wrote to Greeshma ad Shobita above, this one pleased me specially, which rarely happens!Shyamala Auntymishti wrote:Aunty I must say I love you for this post...as it was me speaking...each word of yours echo my sentiments.  long hug  hpee

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-17, 13:13

My dear Ash,
Thank you so much for liking a post that went completely against the current, as I am told from those who frequent the  IF.Also because I loved this one myself, and that, as I wrote to Shobita and Greeshma above, happens only rarely.
As for your other concerns, they have been met in the next episode,  for Jalal has not forgiven Ruqaiya  at all. And no, she is not going to learn any lesson, so our hopes of an intelligent and appealing love triangle are doomed, alas!
Shyamala

aashyaghLovely Shyamala. Like I said in IF, I had mixed reactions, I was happy what ever happened in the hojra with Ruq's and his reactions, emotions, all were perfect/bang on.  My only complain was/is that, he cried that Jodha saved him from loosing his childhood friend, I somehow felt that, will he try to be completely normal from tomorrow?  WIll she learn her lesson?

This action of his shouldn't make him feel guilty the day he is questioned by MA for favouring his Begum and being biased in giving justice.  Ofcourse he is an Emperor and he doesn't have to justify that, but somehow if everything gets normal from tomorrow, it is kind of weird, and I just hope Ruq's guilt makes her better and his forgiveness shouldn't make her more arrogant.  But one thing is for sure, MA will definitely reveal this in public when she gets caught for her khaand.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-17, 13:17

Thank you so much, my dear Shweta, for as I wrote to Shobita and Greeshma above, I loved this one myself, which does not always happen!
As for the IF, I never go there these days unless I am PMed to read something, so I was spared all the hysterics. I am only  glad you and  I are completely of the same mind on this episode.
Shyamala Aunty

ShwetaLoved it Aunty !

The other forum is screaming, screeching with anger and throwing tantrums like our Ruqaiya but I totally loved the trio Jalal-Jodha-Ruqu, Yes I loved Jodha  Wink 

I expected CVs will show Jalal exposing Ruqaiya at least in front of Hamida and Salima but kudos to them for not degrading Jalal's character, it doesn't matter Jodha cleared his head and influenced him to forgive Ruqaiya, Jalal has always been compassionate when he realizes others pain, its just a matter of time I'm quite sure he would have forgiven Ruqaiya once he cooled himself down. But, he was needed to make it realize why Ruqaiya did what she did, though it is a bit unrealistic for someone to be as Mahan as Jodha but still Jodha is like this only and I was not surprised that she asked Jalal to forgive Ruqaiya, for a change Paridhi was very good in that scene  hpee

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-17, 13:26

Sara my pet, I am sorry I got  so late with this one, but here I am at last!
I am very pleased that we both feel exactly the same about  this episode. Your account of the hysterics in the forum both horrified and amused me. What namoone they have there, and in such plenty too! I am delighted that you took my advice to heart and udhar jaakar apna khoon nahin jala rahi ho. Good girl!
I loved the Jalal-Ruqaiya scene, which was the best part of the episode. But they are not going to let Ruqaiya surface from this mess at all, they will only push her deeper into it, with more and more raving and  ranting.
My dearest girl, there is no use thinking of the historical Ruqaiya or even Smiley's take n her. What we are stuck with is this poor creature, not allowed any  positive traits by the CVs except in flashes, as when she thinks Jodha is expecting a baby, and after  Jodha swallows the poison in the Benazir track. What can we do against such determination to reduce Ruqaiya Sultan Begum to a standard issue Balaji villain?
Take care, my dear Sara, and do not fret about anything.
Shyamala Auntysmile.saraaunty long hug 

today I read worst crying and cursing people on IF.....after your last pyar wali daant I totally stopped going there but today I went to enjoy there hpee 

kitni ajeeb baat hae ...for us this was one of best epi of jodha Akbar ....and for some it was worst ....

there are number of post ... peolle literally crying and cursing jodh anad jalal.... jodha fans want to slap her hard....they want jodha miscarriage by ruku ...can u imagin .... ???

want jalal should drag ruku in DEK.... slap her hard.... let jodha slap her and made ruku bandhi of jodha as punishment  zipped 

u know aunty ....I watched that ruqlal scene lots of time till morning (in usa epi comes in morning) and every time I cried...
specially from chess ...

must say well directed , well scripted and well executed scene....
rajat is really a born star.... so much emotion in on scene face expression, voice modulation ...
;;;
chemistry of rajat and lavina was on fire today....

It would be dream come true if jalal will think and realize ruku situation ans his relation with his gatti on his own but still its ok..as u said ..it will be easy if except tht each and every thing  will go in jodha credit

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-06-17, 19:23

Sorry for my absence over the last week at dhwani aunty

Aunty your post is one that's been so beautifully written... as always...  hpee 
One can see how far you're taken by the episode and the twist... something that possibly most of us didn't expect...  
I am also very happy that Jalal did not make a public spectacle of Ruqaiyya.... 

I do agree with your citing of Churchill... though I'd still wish Jalal was able to see something by himself and take a decision by himself - just like you've mentioned in that para on being able to take his decisions as an Alpha male once the storm has passed over (Hena has said that too -sunshine) it is making him look very handicapped without Jodha!

However, (like Ash) I too have mixed feelings about the episode. My major disappointment was Jalal's behaviour with Ruqaiyya when she was alone - I wish he hadn't ended up blaming himself for it. True, it doesn't seem like he's totally forgiven her for it. Yet, the deed she did was no small thing. Like MA said, he couldn't forgive his own sister or his Badi Ammijaan, but he's been able to forgive Ruqaiyya without much ado at all..
Silent treatment - at least for a while - would have sat better with me!
Many do get jealous or possessive when ignored by our loved ones... but using that to justify something as 'below-the-belt' as faking a pregnancy with a best friend when you know how much this means to him is not right..it's not something that should be overlooked at least when inside the four walls of a chamber between husband-wife alone, like how Jalal has!  Embarassed

And what about the murder that MA committed right in front of Ruq's eyes just to keep a secret hidden? What about the hakim who was ready to give up her life? All this explained away as insecurity? Yes, lives of the lesser class were more dispensable... still, this was not a face-to-face battle between two - it was plotting/scheming....and she's supposed to be in charge of the Harem...

We know that in future MA is going to suffer for all her dastardly deeds... what about Ruqs then? Fine Jalal knows not about the murder yet... but there's no repentance in Ruqaiyya's soul either... 

I'm still on the fence about this... I know I'm the odd one out here, but... no I have no sympathies for Ruqaiyya... 
Had she been graceful in projecting her jealousy/insecurities, I would have definitely understood it... but, her character has no grace... the manner in which she treated Jalal and Jodha during all of this had no grace... while her misdeeds have been forgiven with a lot of grace...why? Just because she's insecure? When Jalal committed grave mistakes (as a Shehenshah he need not) but has bent over backwards apologizing to all for it...his Ben kaand was his insecurity too... this banishment was his insecurity too.... why is Ruqs given a clean chit? 

Last edited by lashy on 2014-06-17, 21:42; edited 1 time in total

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-17, 21:01

@shradda, ur not the odd one. if u had read my comments u will see i tried to say the same thing, its like tht i cant write as gud as u. thts exactly my point. yes jalal gave less time to ruku than before, but tht doesnt mean it can be an excuse for such a plan. i could have understood if it was only faking about her bad health, just like when she fainted, she saw jalal worried & caring about her. so it was clear to her tht more time or less time jalal will always care about her. i agree tht jalal could have lil more attentive towards her & also jodha jaap was also too much, but still lets not justify ruku's faults as well. & 2ndly, as shradda said she is still hiding about the murder of the bandi. ruku is still the harem in charge so she cant avoid this responsibility. its definitely her responsibility to inform jalal about maham murdering tht bandi. if maham can murder sumone in front of her eyes, maham can do anything. isnt it bothering ruku as a begum-e-khaas?? if we can blame jalal when he fails his responsibilities, then same should be for ruku.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by adianasr on 2014-06-17, 21:03

Hi Shyamala, yet to watch this epi as well as the friday one - will watch tonight - but I will pitch in my 2 - bit since I will be watching the epis for Rajat and not for the content.

Coming to the content - well it was a given that Jodha would in some manner be the one to make Jalal see reason and Jalal would not be given this feather for his cap (not that he will get any in an EK show!!!) since this is EK's natakiya rupanter - but I will choose to ignore this fact since in all my readings of Akbar, he has been coming across a man who had the ability to see the POVs of others and understand the psyche of ppl and what made them act the way they did - which he used to his advantage when dealing with his opponents and enemies - especially when dealing with the religious bigots.

As for how the end was handled - as in the hushing up - makes sense since this scandal had the potential to bring the Sultanate to its knees - and now with the manner in which it has been ended, even MA's finger pointing will not be able to hurt the Empire or the Emperor - and as for Jalal's final move, I agree with Shyamala here - there has been no forgiving - not yet, if there ever will be - Since Jalal knows and understands the ramifications and the repercussions of this issue, his stand has been to move on without overtly pushing Ruqs away - yet he will now always keep a mental distance with her - emotionally he was never close to anyone except MA and BK earlier and Jodha now - yet he and Ruqs did have a mental affinity, which with her own stupid act Ruqs has managed to break.

As for Jalal addressing Ruqs insecurities, though I would have liked to see happen, I can understand why it did not - as you have also mentioned this, Shyamala, men do have a tendency to shy away from such situations, yet if one goes back over the earlier epis, since the vishpaan by Jodha, Jalal has sent out covert signals to all of the changing equations - Ruqs played ostrich to them - and till the anniversary, Jalal did not have Jodha's admission of love and when he did have it, Ruqs had already started her FP drama, which would have definitely stopped him from sitting her down and telling her of his love.

Another point which also may have been at play is that Jalal has always looked upon Ruqs as his friend, and perhaps somewhere he did forget that Ruqs is also a woman and his wife - the friend took over in this relationship and Ruqs herself let this happen - and guys do not tell their friends about their love and beloved - specially if they are the alpha male variety - and no husband would tell one wife of his love for another wife, not if he wants to lead a life sans melodrama!!!!!!

adianasr
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-06-17, 21:48

True Shreya... and if Ruqaiyya's insecurities is being shown away as a fact that she was young and he'd spoilt her etc etc.. then why is Jalal being taken to task? He's also of the same age and brought up by the same family?
His wasn't a carefully plotted/planned scheme to ignore Ruqaiyya. His is a young heart that's fallen in love with the novelty that Jodha has brought along... being chief queen and BEK, she could have guided him too like Jodha is doing... 

Besides, Chief queens were often married to their spouses at a very young age... so they might have grown up with the king ever since childhood (Ruqs is not the first one here) and many such chief queens would have had to contend with their husbands finding the solace of love in younger queens as their husband reached adulthood! So, its something she would have learnt as royalty! 

However, what they lost in attention from husband, they got in form of power and position! Yet, not everyone was plotting and scheming like this. 
Ruqaiyya has no one telling her off and she's become one spoilt queen that's all... neither Gulabadan begum corrects her, nor HB.. only SB tries but is unsuccessful 

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-17, 22:53

yes shradda blaming only jalal is not justified. if she was doing sumthing wrong or if jalal was doing sumthing wrong towards her it was HB & GB's responsibility to correct. why cant HB do sumthing??? jalal & ruku r young but she is experienced & im sure had faced the same situation bcoz she had also faced polygamy. so if ruku's childhood is responsible then its HB & GB's fault, not jalal's.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-18, 00:15

sashashyam wrote:Once we accept that, we can be at peace.  Of course , there was no TV serial made on Clementina  and Winston Churchill to tell  us how she had converted him from an aimless, psychologically handicapped young man into a great war leader (he was nothing like great in peace time!), for which Churchill’s rooh should be duely grateful! hpee 
We should suggest Balaji to do it. They would end up showing Clementina, not as Churchill's emotional anchor, but greater than Churchill with a sun size halo and Churchill as her chamchoo. Churchill's rooh would be spinning in its grave too like our poor Akbar's.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-18, 01:03

Aunty
How did I miss out this post!
May be because I missed out the Wed, thurs and Fri episodes last week and watched them all only later!

What an emotional episode and what an emotional post!

Jalal was as usual fantastic.
Jodha was very impressive too.........for once her words did not sound like a lecture. Partly because each word of what she said was the plain truth, partly because Pari has learnt to modulate her voice better and partly the words were more with the listener's welfare in mind rather than to establish the greatness of the speaker.
If I remember right, in one of your earlier posts, you had mentioned that Jalal was like a turbulent sea and Jodha would be his emotional anchor. That equation was established in this episode. She should be the one to channel his raw emotions, to guide him in his emotionally sensitive moments and to help him see things with more clarity. Someone whose sheer joy as in today's episode would prompt him to achieve further. Not the best sipahi who can replace his fauj, or the one whose tinkerbox coin collection urged him to remove thirth kar or someone higher and greater than Akbar.

Really, Jodha 2 is a delight.

As for Jalal-Ruqaiya scene, the actors were excellent.  If such a gallant forgivance can't correct Ruqaiya, nothing else can. Her sense of shame and incredulity at being forgiven was very well portrayed. Jalal tried to be as normal with her as he could, but the deep pain at being cheated of his dream of being a father and the deception by his own gatti combined would certainly leave a scar in him that would take quite sometime to heal. He is with Ruqaiya as he was with Jo post dhakka and shivaani, outwardly normal but broken within. It needed a ben and vishpan for Jo to mend relationship with Jalal. But Ruqaiya is beyond such things and surely the script would allow nothing of the kind. Wonder how she is going to repay Jo's ehsaan! By going from dark to pitch black, I suppose.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-06-18, 11:41

sashashyam wrote:

Thank you so much, my dear Shobita, and I am sorry I am so late with this reply. I liked the one a lot myself, which is not often the case, for mostly, when I am done with a  post, I feel like a cook who has prepared an elaborate meal, and I do not want to read it again at all, just as she/he does not want to eat that meal!  hpee 

But not this one, which is one of my  best about Jodha Akbar.
By the way, my dear, have you edited down your comment? I seem to remember there being more of it when I read it the first time.
Shyamala Aunty

shobitaBeautiful post Aunty! Made me very emotional.
Aunty, you wrote this one so beautifully that I just read it and felt so nice and so emotional. I didn't edit my comments , I guess I couldn't have written much after reading your moving post  hpee 

Of all your posts, my favourite one is "Sunlight on a butterfly's wings" - something u had written sometime back. I had loved the episode and I had loved your post when I read it. And close on the heels was the post u made when Jalal brings back Jodha from the gates of the other world- can't remember the title of your post though. I joined Dhwani long after u had written them. 

Thanks Aunty
Shobitha

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:00

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top