Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 262: Confusing emotions

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 262: Confusing emotions

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-15, 16:11

Folks,

This was one post  I had no intention of inflicting on you, but for Greeshma’s kwahish, and after her incredibly touching comments about my last post, Equal Honours, aapki khwahish, my dear, hukum barabar!  I was never more moved by anything else  as much as by what you wrote about that post.
This will have to be a mini (by my standards! hpee ), like those neat little skirts young ladies wear these days, for there were  only two scenes here worth analyzing.

There is nothing to be said about the Shehnaaz-Chand  Begum Grand Reunion, except that contrary to the speculations  all over, I am sure Shehnaaz had been duly informed  by her guardian, the one to whom she  was entrusted, about her birth, about her real mother, and also about what she looked like, maybe with the aid of a small locket portrait, so she knows what her Ammijaan looks like.

And the stabbing of Jalal with his own khanjar   was a fantasy of Shehnaaz’s, silly even by Balaji standards, and a very  badly executed one at that, with the soldiers standing like dummies as the girl got at the Shahenshah with his own dagger.  

So we are left with our two scenes, the first one between  Jalal and Jodha, and the second the one between Jalal and Ruqaiya, with Jodha there for a bit in the beginning.

Jalal-Jodha: the balm of companionship:
This scene was yet another illustration of (already) old shoe love between them, was it not?

That Jodha  was the only one to bother about how he was feeling and whether he had had his dinner is telling. No one else gave  a damn, but that is how it has always been for Jalal in his moments of greatest loss and grief. Hamida was nowhere to be seen either when he  was shattered after the loss of Ruqaiya’s baby, or after the death of his Khan Baba, and on the latter occasion, Ruqaiya rated harem affairs higher than consoling a broken Jalal.  No one except for Mahaam, but her caring was stained with guilt on both occasions, so that does not count.

Now too, they all troop out after commiserating with Ruqaiya, but no one, not even Salima Begum, bothers about how Jalal will be coping with, as they think, a second tragedy. No one, that is , except  Jodha.

She understands his emotional side perfectly by now, and so she can sense how he will be feeling, and that he will be badly in need of emotional support.  She copes with his black mood very well, but quite differently this time around. Not contradicting him directly, in fact agreeing with all he says about his sorrow and his depression, but then coming around to argue that life has to go on.

Note that Jodha does NOT say, as Salima says, very strangely, to Ruqaiya, that he is the Shahenshah and he has to be strong. She understands that he needs at times  to be able to shed the burden of being an emperor, to grieve openly, to appear lost and depressed. As I wrote in the opening post, she is the one with whom he does not need to be the unshakeable Shahenshah whom no calamity can weaken, no loss can shatter.

Thus Jalal has no qualms about  telling her about  his now shattered dreams of  retrieving   his lost childhood thru his child, no qualms about letting her see his weak moments.  Rajat brings out that  candid longing, that sorrow without self-pity,   so convincingly that one has  a lump in one’s throat as one watches  him

When philosophy does not work,  Jodha resorts to emotional blackmail of an endearing kind, and that works. For no one has probably coaxed Jalal to eat with  this affectionate  insistence since he was a small boy with his Badiammi, and he now realises how much he has missed it, this being mothered and coddled by someone who loves him.

To go back a bit, Jalal, as the scene opens, is in a disturbed, black mood, looking  up at his portrait  with Ruqaiya and probably lamenting to himself about the lost joys of their childhood friendship. Kahan gayi wo yaadein, kahan gaye wo din.. wo meethi meethi yaadein, wo bachpana, kahan kho gaya hai? Yeh yaadein, yeh  yakeen..Especially the destroyed yakeen.

Even Jodha’s arrival cannot lift the cloud over his brow, nor does he respond easily to her initial coaxing, one hand on his knee in easy familiarity. But from  then on, it is the way the scene proceeds that shows,   as much as the one between them the day before, how much things have changed between them.

Jodha  is now, above all, fiercely protective of him, whether it to prevent him from hurting himself by punishing Ruqaiya, or to prevent him from  hurting himself by plunging into a depression and neglecting his health.

Plus, she knows how to handle him, far better than anyone else  has ever done so far, because he not only trusts her implicitly, but he knows that she  cares for him above all else
. That shows in Jalal’s face and eyes, alight with tenderness  as he exclaims about how ziddi she is, for her zid  is not for herself but for him.

All of this came thru beautifully in the scene, right up to the two of them feeding each other; a vefy familiar motif in our serials, but still fresh and appealing between Jalal and  Jodha.  It had, in its own way, even without words, as much of easy, comforting mutual affection as the ending scene on Thursday, when Jodha put her head on Jalal’s shoulder and told  him she would love him forever.

Jalal-Ruqaiya-Jodha: Confusing emotions:
 That Ruqaiya pretends to Jodha that she has really lost her baby is hardly surprising; she would not know that Jodha is in on the secret.

What  I could not understand  was  why Jodha goes there at all. What was she planning to say or do? She would feel awkward lying and pretending to commiserate with Ruqaiya. Perhaps she wanted to bridge the gap between the 24x7  caring she was providing earlier and the break that was bound  to come now.  Either way, it was an ill-considered move.

Luckily for Ruqiaya, Jalal arrives before she has had the chance to say anything really nasty to Jodha, or she would have copped it from him. As it is, the way he behaves is cold and off-putting enough to freeze any errant wife to the marrow.

It was absolutely clear that though he says he wants to forget her perfidy and never refer to it again, he has NOT forgiven her, not at all. In fact, if one looks back on the previous episode, one realises that Jalal never says, clearly and unambiguously, that he has forgiven her. Ruqaiya simply assumes it is so because he has not punished her.

But forgetting and forgiving are two very different things. It is more common to  forgive but not forget. Here, it is the other way around.
Jalal wants to forget it all, for her sake and even more so for his own peace  of mind, though in fact he is very far from having reached this stage. He has NOT forgiven her at all.And in this scene, it   was clear beyond  the shadow of a doubt that he is still very hurt and angry inside, for all that he tries to get over it.

It shows when he has the palna  moved away from Ruqaiya’s rooms, with the  superficially convincing reason that it would hurt her to look at it. That it goes back to Jodha’s rooms  has been interpreted by some as the shifting of his hopes, but I do not think he is quite there yet. To my mind,  he is still recovering from this shock, and it would be a while before he  picks up enough courage to dream again about a child calling him Abba huzoor.

It shows even more clearly in the cold aloofness with which he treats Ruqaiya, and in his strange and cutting remark about God having punished her by making it impossible for her to ever have a child.

Now this is completely  illogical, for that miscarriage,  and the ingestion of the ark that made it impossible for her to ever have a child again,  happened to Ruqaiya  for no fault of hers.  But when has anger ever bothered with logic?

Worse, there follows the other remark, like a stiletto being turned in her wounded ego, that she could thus  never become the Maryam-uz-Zamani.

I found that part decidedly interesting psychologically, for though Jalal does say that this last was the greatest sorrow for him, ie that his Begum-e-Khaas would not be giving him his heir, the whole tenor of the comment is almost sadistic in its intent to cause the maximum pain. For he knows that for Ruqaiya, becoming the Maryam-uz-Zamani would  be more important than becoming a mother, and he obviously wants to hit her where it would hurt the most.

It was this last jab that convinced me that Ruqaiya has now finally lost Jalal. The only way for her to get back to whatever extent would have been to learn from her mistakes,  and turn herself inside out to convince him that she had indeed changed at long last. But the precap would seem to indicate that Ruqaiya, whatever her guilt, regret, shame and desperation,   has learnt nothing at all.

Which is a pity, for instead of an interesting triangle of husband-friend-beloved,, we are apparently  going to have a high-pitched negative character in the typical Balaji mould. Ruqaiya will probably attempt something even  worse in its unregenerate folly pretty soon, without or without Mahaam’s advice and assistance.

Anyhow there is nothing one can do about it, is there? So let us relax, try our best to ignore the irritiating Shehnaaz, who reminds me of nothing so much as bumblebee buzzing  near my  ear, and await the arrival on the scene of Mahachuchak Begum, as played by the enigmatic and talented Mita Vasisht.

Shyamala/Aunty

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-06-15, 18:40; edited 1 time in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 262: Confusing emotions

Post by manzilmukul on 2014-06-15, 17:54

Hi Shyamala,
It's me Piu.long hug 
You brought me here and I must say I am loving this place.I agree with you totally about forgiving and forgetting.Forgetting doesn't come easy and it comes to play in the current situation.Lovely analysis as usual.Clap
BTW Me to waiting for Maha chuchak Begam..Mita Vashisht is one helluva actress.Totally geared up!!   
Lotsa Lubb,
Piu

manzilmukul
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-15, 17:56

Shyamala your analysis is bang on (as usual).
I am retyping my reply as the connection gave error :(

Shehnaz's dream- some dreams are as per our convenience, so she dreamt that guards were dummies 
The scene between her mother and her was like worst at its best, nor the actors are good looking or they act well.  I really want them out of this show soon, hope we don't get some crap in the name of history, I m ok even if they show both of them dying while trying to save Jalal or get killed by Adham or MA, but can't watch them.
Jalal and Jodha - this scene was soothing to watch, Jodha only thinks about Jalal's feelings, and doesn't give bhashans as much as she used to, I m liking this Jodha, this is what we all wanted her to be all this time, hope they continue to show her like this.
Jodha and Ruq- it more looked like Jodha came to tell her that she is not coming in between Jalal and Ruq, but we never know, as she didn't look like she came to sympathise for Ruq's fake loss.
Jalal and Ruq- yes he has not forgiven her and the way Ruq is going, don't think she will ever reach the place where she was earlier, she is digging herself more deeper and deeper, no way to look back.  Ruq wants Jalal to punish her, not because she is guilty, because she doesn't want to loose Jalal, it's for her emotions, not for what he feels for her.  Precap- looks like Jalal might march into the hojra during that time.

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-15, 18:48

again wonderful analysis aunty. about jalal-jodha scene i will say as a human being these small small things does matter in life. thts why jalal was more closer to maham than HB, bcoz maham was able to understand his emotional needs & was able to give him tht emotional support. no doubt HB loves jalal & understood tht he is alone, but never went to him or tried to console him. same is with ruku. i know jalal had always said tht he dont have a heart, but still she saw him crying after BK's death. maybe she thought jalal is strong enough to handle his pain, but even the strongest person in the world needs tht emotional support. no doubt ruku loves & cares for jalal, but jodha even in her no-love days understood tears r the proof of a heart, which maham also understood. & this is where both HB & ruku failed. 2ndly, its not easy for jalal to forgive, not bcoz his dreams had shattered but also his best friend has played this game. yes his guilt for not giving her time is also there, otherwise he wouldnt have listened to jodha as well. he loves ruku & thts why he himself will be in pain & thts exactly whts happening. 

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-15, 21:08

brilliant take shyamala! especially loved your last line, shehnaaz is like a bumblebee irritating by making that buzz noice around the ear and i too cannot wait for mita vashisht to show her brilliance along with rajat!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-06-15, 21:28

Aunty...Thank u for dis post..hugss...about "Equal honours"..,it's my most favorite post of u till date..ur every post is praiseworthy..i loved ur post on badal -kajri too..but for me , dis one is  very very 'khaas'..
loved ur take on friday's episode..first feeding scene of JJ was very touching..when he was staring at ruk-jalal pic with so much pain , i was like why rukku,why u did dis to ur jalal..den jo came..she consoled him in d best way and made him eat..nice scene..anyday i prefer dis kind of scenes rather dan dat half baked romance..i hope, in future too ,we get dis kind of scenes..and for me,second scene was the most confusing one..i watched it many times..i was hell confused..1.why jodha came there?? 2.was jalal really taunted ruk abt remain childless in whole life or he was really sad?? ..now i got all my answers..abt ruk losing jalal..she already lost jalal as a husband long time ago..but now she lost him as afriend too..aunty, i expected their friendshipto end when murthi kand happened..he was angry too..den one fine day CVs showed everything fine b/w dem..den came sujamal case,he was hell angry,and gave her dhakka..den for many days,der were no RukLal scenes, i thought everything over..den one fine day ,dey played chess,and jalal said to jo dat he spend nite with ruk,when she was not there..i don't want dat kind of stupid scenes like dat,atleast nw..he is angry with her..Cvs ka koi bharosa nai..u never know, dey show sumthing like dey play chess or hamam scene..i'l kill dem..jalal is hurt very badly by ruk's betrayel,and she is guilty too..i want some proper conversation,especially from ruk's side..don't want to see dem playing chess/or luddo...

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-15, 23:23

has anyone seen the dhamaakedaar promo of MC's entry? sounds thrilling!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-15, 23:26

i saw the new promo. its just awsum. i hope rajat gets proper screen space so tht we can enjoy the encounter of jalal-MC to the fullest.

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-15, 23:29

munnidear, fingers crossed and i  the promo just these two were shown which means and i hope less of jodha, let her be the kajri..a supporter and advisor..she will be hopeless in action scenes and that also in front of such a powerful actress..only and only rajat will be able to stand that power inside out!
munnirony wrote:i saw the new promo. its just awsum. i hope rajat gets proper screen space so tht we can enjoy the encounter of jalal-MC to the fullest.

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-16, 00:08

mandygi wrote:munnidear, fingers crossed and i  the promo just these two were shown which means and i hope less of jodha, let her be the kajri..a supporter and advisor..she will be hopeless in action scenes and that also in front of such a powerful actress..only and only rajat will be able to stand that power inside out!
munnirony wrote:i saw the new promo. its just awsum. i hope rajat gets proper screen space so tht we can enjoy the encounter of jalal-MC to the fullest.
honestly, advises also should be very less. bcoz even when its a gud advise it irks me. hppy

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-16, 01:40

i agree..no more advises as well! especially when the monotone is not going to change and same old expressions with so less variety to add something new..althought she was good in case of ruk..i kinda liked that scene and the feeding one was not bad either..i do not mind her kajri way but beyond that will be hopeless! i hope ekta makes the serial more interesting by putting more of mita and rajat scenes!
munnirony wrote:
mandygi wrote:munnidear, fingers crossed and i  the promo just these two were shown which means and i hope less of jodha, let her be the kajri..a supporter and advisor..she will be hopeless in action scenes and that also in front of such a powerful actress..only and only rajat will be able to stand that power inside out!
honestly, advises also should be very less. bcoz even when its a gud advise it irks me. hppy

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by munnirony on 2014-06-16, 08:28

Ruku advice case mein bhi I have issues. I believe jodha was also fully enjoying tht extra attention nd also on SR day consummation happened bcoz she was told tht she will be the only one nd jab blame ki baat ayi to pura blame jalal pe. Bang

munnirony
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-16, 14:52

sashashyam wrote:Folks,

So we are left with our two scenes, the first one between  Jalal and Jodha, and the second the one between Jalal and Ruqaiya, with Jodha there for a bit in the beginning.

This scene was yet another illustration of (already) old shoe love between them, was it not?

That Jodha  was the only one to bother about how he was feeling and whether he had had his dinner is telling. No one else gave  a damn, but that is how it has always been for Jalal in his moments of greatest loss and grief. Hamida was nowhere to be seen either when he  was shattered after the loss of Ruqaiya’s baby, or after the death of his Khan Baba, and on the latter occasion, Ruqaiya rated harem affairs higher than consoling a broken Jalal.  No one except for Mahaam, but her caring was stained with guilt on both occasions, so that does not count.

Now too, they all troop out after commiserating with Ruqaiya, but no one, not even Salima Begum, bothers about how Jalal will be coping with, as they think, a second tragedy. No one, that is , except  Jodha.

Now isn't that highly unrealistic, given HB's 'care and concern' for all! There ought to have been scenes earlier when these ladies have tried to console Jalal in his times of tears when he had brushed them off wanting to retain his 'iron man' image or raging at them for their attempts, not wanting to expose his weakness, and Jodha being the one to reach out to him as she has no 'bhay' of him and she being persistent. (But where was that iron image when Jodha ran away from Agra and he kept watering the tulsi with his tears.   Now where is that lot who made him the punch bag then? ) Had there been such scenes, we can understand that Jo is the only one who can reach out to him beyond his wall of Regal Strength and Reservation (gulp..............that usually goes for a toss every now and then even publicly Shocked ). But now it looks like a part of Jodha Chaalisa Bhajan.

She understands his emotional side perfectly by now, and so she can sense how he will be feeling, and that he will be badly in need of emotional support.  She copes with his black mood very well, but quite differently this time around. Not contradicting him directly, in fact agreeing with all he says about his sorrow and his depression, but then coming around to argue that life has to go on.

Note that Jodha does NOT say, as Salima says, very strangely, to Ruqaiya, that he is the Shahenshah and he has to be strong. She understands that he needs at times  to be able to shed the burden of being an emperor, to grieve openly, to appear lost and depressed. As I wrote in the opening post, she is the one with whom he does not need to be the unshakeable Shahenshah whom no calamity can weaken, no loss can shatter.

Thus Jalal has no qualms about  telling her about  his now shattered dreams of  retrieving   his lost childhood thru his child, no qualms about letting her see his weak moments.  Rajat brings out that  candid longing, that sorrow without self-pity,   so convincingly that one has  a lump in one’s throat as one watches  him.

He wants to live his missed childhood with his child. No wonder he was desperate with a child not coming. Rajat was splendid.............just wanted to hug and console him. Why did Jodha not ?

When philosophy does not work,  Jodha resorts to emotional blackmail of an endearing kind, and that works. For no one has probably coaxed Jalal to eat with  this affectionate  insistence since he was a small boy with his Badiammi, and he now realises how much he has missed it, this being mothered and coddled by someone who loves him.

It was a sweet scene.

To go back a bit, Jalal, as the scene opens, is in a disturbed, black mood, looking  up at his portrait  with Ruqaiya and probably lamenting to himself about the lost joys of their childhood friendship. Kahan gayi wo yaadein, kahan gaye wo din.. wo meethi meethi yaadein, wo bachpana, kahan kho gaya hai? Yeh yaadein, yeh  yakeen..Especially the destroyed yakeen.

Isn't yakeen two-way. What about the yakeen that he gave her earlier that she was the one and only one, irreplaceable and most special. When he didn't sort it out with her, he shouldn't be surprised with his yakeen being shattered.

May be Ruqaiya shattered his yakeen. But the meete din, meeti yaadein, bachpana.............it was him who destroyed all those. It was he who changed their mutual equation.

Even Jodha’s arrival cannot lift the cloud over his brow, nor does he respond easily to her initial coaxing, one hand on his knee in easy familiarity. But from  then on, it is the way the scene proceeds that shows,   as much as the one between them the day before, how much things have changed between them.

Jodha  is now, above all, fiercely protective of him, whether it to prevent him from hurting himself by punishing Ruqaiya, or to prevent him from  hurting himself by plunging into a depression and neglecting his health.

Plus, she knows how to handle him, far better than anyone else  has ever done so far, because he not only trusts her implicitly, but he knows that she  cares for him above all else
. That shows in Jalal’s face and eyes, alight with tenderness  as he exclaims about how ziddi she is, for her zid  is not for herself but for him.

This was beautiful too.

All of this came thru beautifully in the scene, right up to the two of them feeding each other; a vefy familiar motif in our serials, but still fresh and appealing between Jalal and  Jodha.  It had, in its own way, even without words, as much of easy, comforting mutual affection as the ending scene on Thursday, when Jodha put her head on Jalal’s shoulder and told  him she would love him forever.

That Ruqaiya pretends to Jodha that she has really lost her baby is hardly surprising; she would not know that Jodha is in on the secret.

What  I could not understand  was  why Jodha goes there at all. What was she planning to say or do? She would feel awkward lying and pretending to commiserate with Ruqaiya. Perhaps she wanted to bridge the gap between the 24x7  caring she was providing earlier and the break that was bound  to come now.  Either way, it was an ill-considered move.

Luckily for Ruqiaya, Jalal arrives before she has had the chance to say anything really nasty to Jodha, or she would have copped it from him. As it is, the way he behaves is cold and off-putting enough to freeze any errant wife to the marrow.

It was absolutely clear that though he says he wants to forget her perfidy and never refer to it again, he has NOT forgiven her, not at all. In fact, if one looks back on the previous episode, one realises that Jalal never says, clearly and unambiguously, that he has forgiven her. Ruqaiya simply assumes it is so because he has not punished her.

But forgetting and forgiving are two very different things. It is more common to  forgive but not forget. Here, it is the other way around.
Jalal wants to forget it all, for her sake and even more so for his own peace  of mind, though in fact he is very far from having reached this stage. He has NOT forgiven her at all.And in this scene, it   was clear beyond  the shadow of a doubt that he is still very hurt and angry inside, for all that he tries to get over it.

Even when I watched the Thursday episode, I didn't feel that he had heartily forgiven her. He tries to pretend to be normal, but is seething with anger beneath, but is careful not to spill it out as he had promised Jo. When he said 'kahin na kahin aap tanha mahsoos kar rahi thi', I didn't not feel a tinge of his feeling her loneliness. He was being a good student and followed his Guru, Jo's words to a T.  He neither understood Ruqaiya earlier before Jo came into his life (proof: the silent tears Smiley shed), nor during her jealousy days, nor now.............not even to the extent Jo did. Hence his continued dejection with her.

If he could understand and forgive Shivaani and Tej for causing such a public scandal by running away at the nth moment leaving him and  his brother at the altar for the sake of 'mohabbat', then it is strange that he cannot understand that Ruqaiya too behaves so due to her mohabbat for him.

It shows when he has the palna  moved away from Ruqaiya’s rooms, with the  superficially convincing reason that it would hurt her to look at it. That it goes back to Jodha’s rooms  has been interpreted by some as the shifting of his hopes, but I do not think he is quite there yet. To my mind,  he is still recovering from this shock, and it would be a while before he  picks up enough courage to dream again about a child calling him Abba huzoor.

It shows even more clearly in the cold aloofness with which he treats Ruqaiya, and in his strange and cutting remark about God having punished her by making it impossible for her to ever have a child.

Now this is completely  illogical, for that miscarriage,  and the ingestion of the ark that made it impossible for her to ever have a child again,  happened to Ruqaiya  for no fault of hers.  But when has anger ever bothered with logic?

Worse, there follows the other remark, like a stiletto being turned in her wounded ego, that she could thus  never become the Maryam-uz-Zamani.

I found that part decidedly interesting psychologically, for though Jalal does say that this last was the greatest sorrow for him, ie that his Begum-e-Khaas would not be giving him his heir, the whole tenor of the comment is almost sadistic in its intent to cause the maximum pain. For he knows that for Ruqaiya, becoming the Maryam-uz-Zamani would  be more important than becoming a mother, and he obviously wants to hit her where it would hurt the most.

It was this last jab that convinced me that Ruqaiya has now finally lost Jalal. The only way for her to get back to whatever extent would have been to learn from her mistakes,  and turn herself inside out to convince him that she had indeed changed at long last. But the precap would seem to indicate that Ruqaiya, whatever her guilt, regret, shame and desperation,   has learnt nothing at all.

I found the reaction natural Aunty. Why would she be grateful to Jodha for saving her as Jodha IS the reason for her strained relationship with Jalal. And remember Dumbledore in the final Chapter of the Sorcerer's stone? He tells Harry  - your father did something that Snape couldn't get over - he saved his life - now after saving you, he can continue to hate your father's memories. And to know that Jalal forgave her following Jodha's instructions against his wishes, was the worst blow she could have got.  

Which is a pity, for instead of an interesting triangle of husband-friend-beloved,, we are apparently  going to have a high-pitched negative character in the typical Balaji mould. Ruqaiya will probably attempt something even  worse in its unregenerate folly pretty soon, without or without Mahaam’s advice and assistance.

Naturally.it is Jodha Chaalisa that is the theme of the Serial. Ruqaiya will descend from bad to worse till she is cut off from Jalal completely.

Anyhow there is nothing one can do about it, is there? So let us relax, try our best to ignore the irritiating Shehnaaz, who reminds me of nothing so much as bumblebee buzzing  near my  ear, and await the arrival on the scene of Mahachuchak Begum, as played by the enigmatic and talented Mita Vasisht.

Shyamala/Aunty

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-16, 15:59

My poor pet, how irritated you are! Never mind. Mahachuchak will arrive very soon, give Mahaam a run for her money if she is still around, and generally raise hell.

As for Jalal & Ruqaiya , as I wrote to Lashy on Divya's IF thread, it is unjust to compare Ruqaiya with Mahaam.  
There is a ruthlessness and a level of cruelty in Mahaam that is completely absent in Ruqaiya.

To take just one example, while Mahaam does care for Jalal in a twisted sort of fashion, that love does not prevent her from killing his unborn children. But Ruqaiya has some clear codes and a basic sense of  honour; she will not, unlike Mahaam, ever stoop to murder, and she really cares for Jalal. She slaps Hoshiyaar for suggesting, during the BB track, that they should get rid of Jodha's (assumed ) baby, proclaiming that it would be Jalal's baby and that was what mattered to her.

That is why I feel that with a proper upbringing , her negative traits would have been  suppresssed and the positive ones enhanced. But she never  got that kind of upbringing. The real fault re: Ruqaiya's  poor  upbringing lies with Hamida Banu. She was a small girl when she came into Hamida's care, and she could have been shaped into a caring young woman, who behaved with the kind of dignity and benevolence one would expect of the chief queen. Hamida seems to have been a complete flop in the mothering department - witness the kind of products she turned out, first Ruqaiya and then Bakshi Banu!

Then there is Jalal.  As I never tire of repeating, he  should, once he started getting so close to Jodha, have sat Ruqaiya down and explained to her, gently but firmly, that she would continue to be his dearest  friend and his Begum-e-Khaas, but he cared a lot for Jodha too and she would have to adjust to that and behave well with Jodha. He never even attempts that, taking shelter under his pat excuse that he cannot understand women.

He is, like most men, reluctant to face sticky situations, that is all! But that does not stop him for offering elaborate and very flowery explanations to tackle Jodha's nakhre. Whereas he does not make even a fraction of that effort to tackle the nakhre of his childhood friend. 

Knowing perfectly well that Ruqaiya is jealous of Jodha, Jalal should have known better than going to town making such a fuss over her return. Ok, he is in love for the first time, so let that pass.

But again, he is so OTT while lauding her to the skies for her courage during the attack on the way to the orphanage, that even Jodha feels awkward about it. Even among siblings, praising one child too much in front of the other always causes negative reactions. And these are soutens!

Earlier, the excessive fuss made over Jodha's return to Agra, plus the odd  shaadi ki saalgirah celebrations, acted like tinder for  Ruqaiya's already short fuse. Till then, she keeps herself under control, and behaves very well during the preparations for Jodha's reception, but with the saalgirah,  the  strain gets to be too much, and she plunges into this insane fraud.

Well, this sort of thing would not have been uncommon in medieval royal households. In Maharana Pratap, Maharana Udai Singh's favourite queen, the gorgeous Dheerbaiji, plots and plots relentlessly to get rid of the heir to the throne, Kunwar Pratap, since she wants her own much younger son to succeed Maharana Udai Singh.

To revert, Mahaam might have been honest in her tirade against Jalal and  to Jalal,  but she was taken unawares and was simply not savvy enough. Her insane lashing out appalled me by its sheer stupidity.  At one stroke, she destroyed her mother image and replaced it by that of a selfish, manipulative woman who cared for Jalal only because of what he could give her.

Which, moreover,  was  not true at all. For Mahaam risked her life for Jalal at a time when no one knew that he would become what he has become. But she buries all that 6 feet deep with her "honesty".

As for Ruqaiya, to expect her, as Lashy seems to be doing,  to hand Jalal a catalogue of all she had done to trip Jodha up  is neither here nor there. What is there that has not been 'fessed already? Not much, in the final analysis, for she has already confessed re: the moorti kaand and her  partial support for Mahaam against a Jodha who, as Divya has pointed out correctly, Ruqaiya believed to be guilty. What more, then?

Ruqaiya naturally  offers the most appealing excuse, anyone in her situation would, and one cannot fault her for that.

As for her monumental folly in perpetrating this fraud,  it was a cruelly insensitive thing to do, though Bakshi Banu's  and Mahaam's misdeeds were worse, and both could have got Jodha  killed for infidelity by a madly angry Jalal,and in the first case, even Hamida Banu does not have faith in Jodha. But what I could never understand, apart from the betrayal part ,  is this.

How did a woman like Ruqaiya, supposed to be sharp enough to give Jalal political advice, embark upon such a risky exercise without an exit plan? Remember, when Mahaam asks her what she proposes to do as the months go by, she seemed to have given it no thought at all.

It is this that is the worst of all about this stupid track, which was clearly aimed at gilding Jodha's halo some more, and bringing her much closer to Jalal. Which it seems to have accomplished.

Ruqaiya does feel  deeply guilty and ashamed of her kartoot, but only because she has been caught out (thanks to that highly artificial speculation by the senior Hakima Sahiba) and she is now afraid that she will be consigned to the outer darkness by Jalal, if not worse. It is only her equation with Jalal that matters to her, which is understandable. What is not understandable is how stupidly she handles this core relationship.

Basically, I can stand anything but stupidity, whether it was Jalal in the Tasneem track or Ruqaiya in this one. 

Shyamala Aunty

sandhya

sashashyamFolks,

Now isn't that highly unrealistic, given HB's 'care and concern' for all! There ought to have been scenes earlier when these ladies have tried to console Jalal in his times of tears when he had brushed them off wanting to retain his 'iron man' image or raging at them for their attempts, not wanting to expose his weakness, and Jodha being the one to reach out to him as she has no 'bhay' of him and she being persistent. (But where was that iron image when Jodha ran away from Agra and he kept watering the tulsi with his tears.   Now where is that lot who made him the punch bag then? ) Had there been such scenes, we can understand that Jo is the only one who can reach out to him beyond his wall of Regal Strength and Reservation (gulp..............that usually goes for a toss every now and then even publicly  ). But now it looks like a part of Jodha Chaalisa Bhajan.

Well, Sandhya, there are so many things that ought to have been there, and this is one of the least of the lot! And what iron image are you talking about? There never was any. Jalal has wept in abundance every single time there was a tragedy in his life: when his Khan baba died, when he lost his baby, when Bakshi Banu’s treachery was  revealed. No one came to comfort him except Mahaam, and their scene together after the BB exposure was intensely moving. There is no question of his rejecting their overtures of comfort; they never made any.

Thus Jalal has no qualms about  telling her about  his now shattered dreams of  retrieving   his lost childhood thru his child, no qualms about letting her see his weak moments.  Rajat brings out that  candid longing, that sorrow without self-pity,   so convincingly that one has  a lump in one’s throat as one watches  him.

He wants to live his missed childhood with his child. No wonder he was desperate with a child not coming. Rajat was splendid.............just wanted to hug and console him. Why did Jodha not ? Need you ask? Because she is the long married Paridhi Sharma!

It was a sweet scene.

Isn't yakeen two-way. What about the yakeen that he gave her earlier that she was the one and only one, irreplaceable and most special. When he didn't sort it out with her, he shouldn't be surprised with his yakeen being shattered.

No, my dear, the two things are not  the same. Equations in a marriage do and can change, but that does not mean  that one spouse can practice such a cruel fraud on the other. There is such a things as honesty vis a vis a person you care for. I do not even know how much this Ruqaiya cares for Jalal, I still cannot forget the way she walked away without a backward glance when Jalal was weeping over Bairam Khan's death.
May be Ruqaiya shattered his yakeen. But the meete din, meeti yaadein, bachpana.............it was him who destroyed all those. It was he who changed their mutual equation.
As I noted above, this sort of thing can happen, but that does not excuse fraud of the most painful kind. And no equation in a marriage is forever, least of all under these unequal circumstances in a medieval imperial marriage, where invariably it is the wife who has to  work at it. Ruqaiya is too smug and takes him completely for granted in the earlier stages. Now it is too late.

This was beautiful too.

Even when I watched the Thursday episode, I didn't feel that he had heartily forgiven her. He tries to pretend to be normal, but is seething with anger beneath, but is careful not to spill it out as he had promised Jo. When he said 'kahin na kahin aap tanha mahsoos kar rahi thi', I didn't not feel a tinge of his feeling her loneliness. He was being a good student and followed his Guru, Jo's words to a T.  He neither understood Ruqaiya earlier before Jo came into his life (proof: the silent tears Smiley shed), nor during her jealousy days, nor now.............not even to the extent Jo did. Hence his continued dejection with her.

If he could understand and forgive Shivaani and Tej for causing such a public scandal by running away at the nth moment leaving him and  his brother at the altar for the sake of 'mohabbat', then it is strange that he cannot understand that Ruqaiya too behaves so due to her mohabbat for him.

But Sandhya, it is pointless to say that just as he forgave Shivani for her mohabbat, he should forgive Ruqaiya for having deliberately raised  false hopes in him, and then dashed them out of her mohabbat for him. No one reacts with impeccable fairness in  two  such cases, one of which is abstract (seeing that the really affected party,Mirza Hakim, is even readier to forgive Shivani) and the other which is intensely personal, that too on a very sensitive point for Jalal.

I found the reaction natural Aunty. Why would she be grateful to Jodha for saving her as Jodha IS the reason for her strained relationship with Jalal. And remember Dumbledore in the final Chapter of the Sorcerer's stone? He tells Harry  - your father did something that Snape couldn't get over - he saved his life - now after saving you, he can continue to hate your father's memories. And to know that Jalal forgave her following Jodha's instructions against his wishes, was the worst blow she could have got.  She deserves it. I hate such screechy, self-centred, arrogant, badly behaved women – there is no one beneath her  to whom Ruqaiya is even tolerably kind or polite. What to speak of the servants, she has been treating all the other begums like dirt, and if only they had any idea of the truth, she would get it all back with interest.

To revert, she does not have to feel  grateful to Jodha. Gratitude is a corrosive sentiment that dissolves all but the strongest of relationships. But she should have the sense to keep her mouth shut, thank her lucky stars that Jodha was foolish enough to bail her out, continue with her fake air of sweetness towards Jodha, and see  how best to get back to terra firma with Jalal again. Instead, as she is yelling at Jodha, I am sure Jalal is going to pop up like a jack in the box, and Ruqaiya will go back 6 squares.

This is what I hold against Ruqaiya,  her blockheadedness. I can admire a slick villain, I cannot tolerate  arrogant idiocy.

Naturally.it is Jodha Chaalisa that is the theme of the Serial. Ruqaiya will descend from bad to worse till she is cut off from Jalal completely. Well, so long as it is Jodha 2 who sticks around, I can live with it. In any case, I never liked Lavina as Ruqaiya; the transition from the fascinating, vulnerable Ruqaiya of Smiley  came to me as a great letdown. She and Paridhi at times tie for the Razzie award.

Shyamala/Aunty

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-16, 16:16

Thanks  a lot, my  dear Ash. wrote:
You are quite correct re: the dummy soldiers; that is how Shehnaaz would imagine the scene!
Your take on CB-Shehnaaz had me clapping. What a ghastly pair the mother and daughter make! Makes one seriously doubt the sanity of the Jannat Aashiyani, the fact that he married the one and intended to make the other, then a babe in arms, his heir Of course he had no son at that point of time, but still, it was nuts!
If Jodha really went totell Ruqaiya that she was not coming in between Jalal and Ruq, she is dumber than I had thought and needs to have her head examined too!
Your @blue is spot on.
Shyamala
aashyaghShyamala your analysis is bang on (as usual).
I am retyping my reply as the connection gave error :(

Shehnaz's dream- some dreams are as per our convenience, so she dreamt that guards were dummies 
The scene between her mother and her was like worst at its best, nor the actors are good looking or they act well.  I really want them out of this show soon, hope we don't get some crap in the name of history, I m ok even if they show both of them dying while trying to save Jalal or get killed by Adham or MA, but can't watch them.
Jalal and Jodha - this scene was soothing to watch, Jodha only thinks about Jalal's feelings, and doesn't give bhashans as much as she used to, I m liking this Jodha, this is what we all wanted her to be all this time, hope they continue to show her like this.
Jodha and Ruq- it more looked like Jodha came to tell her that she is not coming in between Jalal and Ruq, but we never know, as she didn't look like she came to sympathise for Ruq's fake loss.
Jalal and Ruq- yes he has not forgiven her and the way Ruq is going, don't think she will ever reach the place where she was earlier, she is digging herself more deeper and deeper, no way to look back.  Ruq wants Jalal to punish her, not because she is guilty, because she doesn't want to loose Jalal, it's for her emotions, not for what he feels for her.  Precap- looks like Jalal might march into the hojra during that time.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-16, 16:21

Thank you, Munni dear. And every time I read one of your comments, I tell myself that you have an old head on young shoulders, for you are unusually  perceptive. wrote:
As for Hamida, her parenting seems to have been an unqualified disaster. Look at the two girls she raised, Bakshi Banu and Ruqaiya! hpee She was never there for her son when he needed her. I still remember his bitter remarks to her in episode 2, I had cited that in my first ever post on Jodha Akbar on June 30, 2014
Shyamala Aunty
munnironyagain wonderful analysis aunty. about jalal-jodha scene i will say as a human being these small small things does matter in life. thts why jalal was more closer to maham than HB, bcoz maham was able to understand his emotional needs & was able to give him tht emotional support. no doubt HB loves jalal & understood tht he is alone, but never went to him or tried to console him. same is with ruku. i know jalal had always said tht he dont have a heart, but still she saw him crying after BK's death. maybe she thought jalal is strong enough to handle his pain, but even the strongest person in the world needs tht emotional support. no doubt ruku loves & cares for jalal, but jodha even in her no-love days understood tears r the proof of a heart, which maham also understood. & this is where both HB & ruku failed. 2ndly, its not easy for jalal to forgive, not bcoz his dreams had shattered but also his best friend has played this game. yes his guilt for not giving her time is also there, otherwise he wouldnt have listened to jodha as well. he loves ruku & thts why he himself will be in pain & thts exactly whts happening. 

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-16, 16:23

Thank you, Mandy dearest! I too am waiting with bated breath for Mahachuchak to make a grand entrance. Rajat and Mita will set the screen on fire.Do take a look at my response to Sandhya above; it will interest you.Shyamalamandygi wrote:brilliant take shyamala! especially loved your last line, shehnaaz is like a bumblebee irritating by making that buzz noice around the ear and i too cannot wait for mita vashisht to show her brilliance along with rajat!

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-16, 16:30

You are welcome, my dearest girl, and as for your comments on my Equal Honours post, they made not just my day, but the whole week, they were  so sweet and sincere.  A Thank you!  would be a most inadequate response, so here is big I feel sad about Ruqaiya and Jalal; he is losing all his old relationships one by one,  and all for no fault of his. It would be a relief for him to now have an open enemy - Mahachuchak Begum. Wonder what our baby face Mirza Hakim will do now, with his Ammijaan breathing fire and brimstone at his Bhaijaan! Shyamala AuntyGreeshma014 wrote:...
Aunty...Thank u for dis post..hugss...about "Equal honours"..,it's my most favorite post of u till date..ur every post is praiseworthy..i loved ur post on badal -kajri too..but for me , dis one is  very very 'khaas'..
loved ur take on friday's episode..first feeding scene of JJ was very touching..when he was staring at ruk-jalal pic with so much pain , i was like why rukku,why u did dis to ur jalal..den jo came..she consoled him in d best way and made him eat..nice scene..anyday i prefer dis kind of scenes rather dan dat half baked romance..i hope, in future too ,we get dis kind of scenes..and for me,second scene was the most confusing one..i watched it many times..i was hell confused..1.why jodha came there?? 2.was jalal really taunted ruk abt remain childless in whole life or he was really sad?? ..now i got all my answers..abt ruk losing jalal..she already lost jalal as a husband long time ago..but now she lost him as afriend too..aunty, i expected their friendshipto end when murthi kand happened..he was angry too..den one fine day CVs showed everything fine b/w dem..den came sujamal case,he was hell angry,and gave her dhakka..den for many days,der were no RukLal scenes, i thought everything over..den one fine day ,dey played chess,and jalal said to jo dat he spend nite with ruk,when she was not there..i don't want dat kind of stupid scenes like dat,atleast nw..he is angry with her..Cvs ka koi bharosa nai..u never know, dey show sumthing like dey play chess or hamam scene..i'l kill dem..jalal is hurt very badly by ruk's betrayel,and she is guilty too..i want some proper conversation,especially from ruk's side..don't want to see dem playing chess/or luddo...

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-06-16, 16:46

Very thoughtful Post Aunty, as usual.

Ruqaiya is what she's always been...that is Lavina's Ruqaiya..an absolute idiot...I still wonder how she camouflaged her emotions, all these days, in FP wrt Jodha  Shocked  

Regarding, no other female able to connect emotionally to Jalal, apart from Maham, Aunty, I feel firstly HB was not there for him during childhood, coz she chose to be with her husband and again  during formative years,she couldn't be with him coz  Jalal must have been more in battlefield than in harem, with BK.
And whenever he went there, he straight went to his friend Ruqaiya and played games, like chess, which is a mind game, so, she knew or somewhat rather captured his moves and mind than or but not his heart.
Before marriage, Ruqaiya and Jalal were friends and his busy schedule with battlefield did not let them develop and evolve the friendship into an emotional, domesticated husband-wife equation.
With Jodha, we know how it is, she's a person who communicates with her heart and to the heart of another person...and after her this newly found "bahot prem", its not surprisng that she'll communicate with and to her husband's heart...and also will go extra steps to reach it always...it's not surprising, her endearing behaviour finds an instant acceptance and connect with Jalal.

PS: i don't know, if I'm making some sense. Shocked  hpee

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-16, 16:48

Sandhya you sound too annoyed, infact you don't like any suggestion of Jodha to Jalal, here I disagree with you, there was no harm in her going to Jalal and trying to put across her POV and why not, now she accepts him as her husband and she only thinks about his likes/dislikes, concerned about his feelings, and this is the Jodha most of us was yearning for, not the post Sujamal track or ghrina mode. Infact when she told Jalal to forgive Ruq's, it was not a bhashan or a mahanta mode, she was secured and confident wife who was sure that, her husband's love for her will not be shared, she gets what is due for her and his love/affection for Ruq's is on different scale. And why is Jalal questioned that he ignored Ruq, yes he gave less time to her, but he was in love and it happens with many or rather all the people who fall in love, you cannot find logic there or justice, and not even once, he has put down Ruq's down in front of Jodha even though Ruq's has insulted Jodha many times in front of Jalal, he has taken all her tantrums understanding her jealousness and insecurities, and like Shyamala said, men don't discuss such situations directly and for us being on the other side is easy for us mention that he should make her sit down and explain, and why couldn't Ruq question him direct, where is she in his life now instead of expecting him to come to her, even she can go to him and question him.

sandhya wrote:

Now isn't that highly unrealistic, given HB's 'care and concern' for all! There ought to have been scenes earlier when these ladies have tried to console Jalal in his times of tears when he had brushed them off wanting to retain his 'iron man' image or raging at them for their attempts, not wanting to expose his weakness, and Jodha being the one to reach out to him as she has no 'bhay' of him and she being persistent. (But where was that iron image when Jodha ran away from Agra and he kept watering the tulsi with his tears.   Now where is that lot who made him the punch bag then? ) Had there been such scenes, we can understand that Jo is the only one who can reach out to him beyond his wall of Regal Strength and Reservation (gulp..............that usually goes for a toss every now and then even publicly Shocked ). But now it looks like a part of Jodha Chaalisa Bhajan.

He wants to live his missed childhood with his child. No wonder he was desperate with a child not coming. Rajat was splendid.............just wanted to hug and console him. Why did Jodha not ?

It was a sweet scene.

This was beautiful too.

I found the reaction natural Aunty. Why would she be grateful to Jodha for saving her as Jodha IS the reason for her strained relationship with Jalal. And remember Dumbledore in the final Chapter of the Sorcerer's stone? He tells Harry  - your father did something that Snape couldn't get over - he saved his life - now after saving you, he can continue to hate your father's memories. And to know that Jalal forgave her following Jodha's instructions against his wishes, was the worst blow she could have got.  

Naturally.it is Jodha Chaalisa that is the theme of the Serial. Ruqaiya will descend from bad to worse till she is cut off from Jalal completely.

Shyamala/Aunty

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-16, 17:09

Ash, do see my detailed response to Sandhya above. You will find it interesting.
My dear  poppet is too exasperated with Jodha, but then, Sandhya, this is my Jodha 2, and Jodha 1 has never managed to get a foot in the door ever since her journey back to Agra. That is reason enough to rejoice, come confess that it is!
Shyamala/AuntyaashyaghSandhya you sound too annoyed, infact you don't like any suggestion of Jodha to Jalal, here I disagree with you, there was no harm in her going to Jalal and trying to put across her POV and why not, now she accepts him as her husband and she only thinks about his likes/dislikes, concerned about his feelings, and this is the Jodha most of us was yearning for, not the post Sujamal track or ghrina mode.  Infact when she told Jalal to forgive Ruq's, it was not a bhashan or a mahanta mode, she was secured and confident wife who was sure that, her husband's love for her will not be shared, she gets what is due for her and his love/affection for Ruq's is on different scale.  And why is Jalal questioned that he ignored Ruq, yes he gave less time to her, but he was in love and it happens with many or rather all the people who fall in love, you cannot find logic there or justice, and not even once, he has put down Ruq's down in front of Jodha even though Ruq's has insulted Jodha many times in front of Jalal, he has taken all her tantrums understanding her jealousness and insecurities, and like Shyamala said, men don't discuss such situations directly and for us being on the other side is easy for us mention that he should make her sit down and explain, and why couldn't Ruq question him direct, where is she in his life now instead of expecting him to come to her, even she can go to him and question him.    

sandhya wrote:

It was a sweet scene.

This was beautiful too.

Shyamala/Aunty

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-16, 17:15

Thank you so much, my dear Mishti.

And yes, you make perfect sense, especially with the part in blue. That was exactly what it was like.

However, even if Jalal and Ruqaiya had had a normal domesticated life, I do not think there would have been so much of gentle, protective affection there, or such non-self-centred reactions from Ruqaiya Begum to all of Jalal's problems, as it is now with Jodha.

Ruqaiya is not made like that, and I somehow do not think she would ever care for anyone more than she cares for herself. She reminds me these days (NOT in the beginning with Smiley) of nothing so much as a trophy wife!  hpee 

Shyamala Aunty

mishti
  Very thoughtful Post Aunty, as usual.

Ruqaiya is what she's always been...that is Lavina's Ruqaiya..an absolute idiot...I still wonder how she camouflaged her emotions, all these days, in FP wrt Jodha  Shocked  

Regarding, no other female able to connect emotionally to Jalal, apart from Maham, Aunty, I feel firstly HB was not there for him during childhood, coz she chose to be with her husband and again  during formative years,she couldn't be with him coz  Jalal must have been more in battlefield than in harem, with BK.

And whenever he went there, he straight went to his friend Ruqaiya and played games, like chess, which is a mind game, so, she knew or somewhat rather captured his moves and mind than or but not his heart.

Before marriage, Ruqaiya and Jalal were friends and his busy schedule with battlefield did not let them develop and evolve the friendship into an emotional, domesticated husband-wife equation.
With Jodha, we know how it is, she's a person who communicates with her heart and to the heart of another person...and after her this newly found "bahot prem", its not surprisng that she'll communicate with and to her husband's heart...and also will go extra steps to reach it always...it's not surprising, her endearing behaviour finds an instant acceptance and connect with Jalal.

PS: i don't know, if I'm making some sense. Shocked  hpee

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by abhi786 on 2014-06-16, 17:31

Shyamal good post .. Thanks for the link and the views on June 13th episode..

I wouldn't want to talk about Shenu & CB .. It's just boring track hope this week they end this track

Jalaal-Jodha :  The scene was continuity of the beautiful JJ deep relationship. The emotional & understanding bond they share..

HB & Ruqu failed to give the emotional support Jalaal wanted from the beginning, while he always goes to MA and now to Jodha... May be Jalaal doesn't show the real Jalaal before anyone, only to thoses he feel they will understand him & will give him the support he need...That's why neither HB nor Ruqu doesn't came while MA always there to console & support him.

Before JO came Jalaal looking at Ruqu may be questioning her Why she did this drama ?  I just loved the way Jodha sit down on knees before Jalaal there is ease, confidence, understands her support listen to his feelings, giving hope that his dreams will be fulfilled & move on with the life. Putting him in emotional black mail, which she knows he will give in. I just loved the feeding scene a wife supporting & trying to bring his husband normal from the tragedy.

Ruqu-Jalaal : Ruqu will act before Jodha, as she doesn't know that JO knows the truth..

I think even though Jalaal wanted to move & forget the pain he didn't neither forgive nor forget the pain.  He is still feeling the betrayal as a husband & also as a friend more.

His words "BEGUM -E-KHASS WILL NEVER GET MUZ " those painful words to Ruqu is to give her the pain & hit the spot which will matter to her, as he very well know how much Ruqu gloat to become MUZ.

It will take some time for him to believe her, now it's Ruqu to show him that she changed herself for him.  But she is not going to change, as she doesn't want to loose to Jodha, the one she feels as the competitor.

She wants to be the winner, but she didn't know that she lost the game & with each further stupid plan will make her loose Jalaal more..

Ruqu will never accept that she played with Jalaal feelings whatever reasons may be, but put the blame on Jodha that she came between them.. Can't she understand that JO is also Jalaal Begum like her and she will understand only after the Fall and loose the person which mattered her most.

abhi786

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-16, 17:49

sashashyam wrote:

Ash, do see my detailed response to Sandhya above. You will find it interesting.
My dear  poppet is too exasperated with Jodha, but then, Sandhya, this is my Jodha 2, and Jodha 1 has never managed to get a foot in the door ever since her journey back to Agra. That is reason enough to rejoice, come confess that it is!
Shyamala/AuntyaashyaghSandhya you sound too annoyed, infact you don't like any suggestion of Jodha to Jalal, here I disagree with you, there was no harm in her going to Jalal and trying to put across her POV and why not, now she accepts him as her husband and she only thinks about his likes/dislikes, concerned about his feelings, and this is the Jodha most of us was yearning for, not the post Sujamal track or ghrina mode.  Infact when she told Jalal to forgive Ruq's, it was not a bhashan or a mahanta mode, she was secured and confident wife who was sure that, her husband's love for her will not be shared, she gets what is due for her and his love/affection for Ruq's is on different scale.  And why is Jalal questioned that he ignored Ruq, yes he gave less time to her, but he was in love and it happens with many or rather all the people who fall in love, you cannot find logic there or justice, and not even once, he has put down Ruq's down in front of Jodha even though Ruq's has insulted Jodha many times in front of Jalal, he has taken all her tantrums understanding her jealousness and insecurities, and like Shyamala said, men don't discuss such situations directly and for us being on the other side is easy for us mention that he should make her sit down and explain, and why couldn't Ruq question him direct, where is she in his life now instead of expecting him to come to her, even she can go to him and question him.    

Okay, okay, I confess, this is the Jodha of initial days, the jodha of Badal Kajiri track that we have always wanted, but the recent 'inki rehmokaram se ' did put me off.  That is why I am not upset with Jodha at all, (infact I have begun to re-like her) but only with the scripting that is all about Jodha Hymns. If she continues to be so, I am very much prepared to forget the Jodha 1 - the Jodha between episodes 81 and 240.

But Ash, didn't Jalal display the patience and understanding of a saint in affairs concerning Jodha. Hence the expectation that he understands the girl whom he calls his best friend, childhood friend.

Ruqs did ask him if his new friend will take her place in his life. But he only said that her place is irreplaceable. Supressing the truth is sometimes as hurting as an outright lie.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-06-16, 20:51

i'm not so excited with MC entry..now read an article dat jodha going to war behalf of jalal, becoz he can't fight against shehnaz..den he wil not fight against MC too..she is his step mom and a woman..so both dis oppertunities is going to b in jodha's credit..i think after dat she is going to b pregnent..jalal wil live in harem and look after their baby..and jo wil go for wars..wahh...cvssss...well done...  
 Bang

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:31

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: