Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 262: Confusing emotions

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 262: Confusing emotions

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-17, 21:01

An appropriate anniversary gift of the show.

The man who was introduced as Jallad last year June became Akbar today.

Kudos to Rajat for his excellent portrayal of Jalalluddin Mohammad Akbar - as a capable shaatir sipahi with a low boiling point to a great king and a very fine human being with unbelievable levels of understanding, tolerance, affection and compassion for all.

The show began so well, so so well the lead characters were loveable initially..............and these  recent couple of weeks too the balance and loveability has returned. How I wish the transition( that was good in parts and unbelievable and of JJJ motto with the lalluing of Jallu at times) been more effective with the royalty of both of them, esp Jalal intact!

Last edited by sandhya on 2014-06-18, 14:34; edited 2 times in total

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ngayou on 2014-06-17, 21:46

Hi Aunty, 

Am sorry I couldn't post my comments recently due to some net problems.  Am also liking the recent Jodha begum quite a lot , who s left her supercilious bhashaan mode (that s how it always struck me )& become more of an understanding , supportive & surprisingly a  perceptive wife too. 

Taking today's epi as an example, it was quite nice to see her pointing out to Jalal to accord the same value to his 3 khaas begums & invite them to the particular event.

I prefer to skip over the scatty Shehnaz scene & the momentary return of pudding face with her mouse face kunwar sa  Sleep  . 

The scene where Jalal explains of how all religions are same in simple but profound words & then how he was given the title of Akbar was quite heart touching. Though the titling was somewhat out of the blue & could have been executed much better, I felt, nevertheless it was a lovely scene. 

I guess most of us here are sticking to this show still for Rajat s Jalal of course, & such rare splendid scenes , despite so much butchering of characters. The CVs , however much they try with their mediocre natakiya roopantar , still can't take away the greatness that Akbar was really endowed with & so have to include it too in their writing.  And am thankful that Jodha wasn't shown having anything to do with the Akbar title today , though of course our lallu Jallu would definitely give her the entire shrey from tomorrow onwards Bang .

Hope the CVs keep coming up with these precious moments now & then for some of us , the unbiased fans here hpee .

Thanks,  Aunty.

ngayou
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-18, 08:03

Shyamala, analysis of the episode where Jalal became Akbar, Jalal deserves it :) and we too :::)))

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-06-18, 08:52

Aunty...Jalal deserves a post from you. :)

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by Greeshma014 on 2014-06-18, 10:20

For me, episode was gud..but i'm not satisfied..waiting for ur post Aunty..

Greeshma014
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lashy on 2014-06-18, 11:52

sashashyam wrote:

That Jodha  was the only one to bother about how he was feeling and whether he had had his dinner is telling. No one else gave  a damn, but that is how it has always been for Jalal in his moments of greatest loss and grief. Hamida was nowhere to be seen either when he  was shattered after the loss of Ruqaiya’s baby, or after the death of his Khan Baba, and on the latter occasion, Ruqaiya rated harem affairs higher than consoling a broken Jalal.  No one except for Mahaam, but her caring was stained with guilt on both occasions, so that does not count.

true aunty... that is strange though...  Shocked  I've always hated HB.. hated her even more after the banishment fiasco... so, I will not write anything upon her.. but, the rest as you said is true.. and what you said about Salima is so right

Note that Jodha does NOT say, as Salima says, very strangely, to Ruqaiya, that he is the Shahenshah and he has to be strong. She understands that he needs at times  to be able to shed the burden of being an emperor, to grieve openly, to appear lost and depressed. As I wrote in the opening post, she is the one with whom he does not need to be the unshakeable Shahenshah whom no calamity can weaken, no loss can shatter.

Thus Jalal has no qualms about  telling her about  his now shattered dreams of  retrieving   his lost childhood thru his child, no qualms about letting her see his weak moments.  Rajat brings out that  candid longing, that sorrow without self-pity,   so convincingly that one has  a lump in one’s throat as one watches  him

When philosophy does not work,  Jodha resorts to emotional blackmail of an endearing kind, and that works. For no one has probably coaxed Jalal to eat with  this affectionate  insistence since he was a small boy with his Badiammi, and he now realises how much he has missed it, this being mothered and coddled by someone who loves him.
true!  hpee 

To go back a bit, Jalal, as the scene opens, is in a disturbed, black mood, looking  up at his portrait  with Ruqaiya and probably lamenting to himself about the lost joys of their childhood friendship. Kahan gayi wo yaadein, kahan gaye wo din.. wo meethi meethi yaadein, wo bachpana, kahan kho gaya hai? Yeh yaadein, yeh  yakeen..Especially the destroyed yakeen.
That was a particularly well-done scene 

Jodha  is now, above all, fiercely protective of him, whether it to prevent him from hurting himself by punishing Ruqaiya, or to prevent him from  hurting himself by plunging into a depression and neglecting his health. Plus, she knows how to handle him, far better than anyone else  has ever done so far, because he not only trusts her implicitly, but he knows that she  cares for him above all else. That shows in Jalal’s face and eyes, alight with tenderness  as he exclaims about how ziddi she is, for her zid  is not for herself but for him. All of this came thru beautifully in the scene, right up to the two of them feeding each other; a vefy familiar motif in our serials, but still fresh and appealing between Jalal and  Jodha.  It had, in its own way, even without words, as much of easy, comforting mutual affection as the ending scene on Thursday, when Jodha put her head on Jalal’s shoulder and told  him she would love him forever.

Dare I say, I hear an ehoing of your Badal-Kajri takes on current episodes aunty 

Jalal-Ruqaiya-Jodha: Confusing emotions:

What  I could not understand  was  why Jodha goes there at all. What was she planning to say or do? She would feel awkward lying and pretending to commiserate with Ruqaiya. Perhaps she wanted to bridge the gap between the 24x7  caring she was providing earlier and the break that was bound  to come now.  Either way, it was an ill-considered move.
I wish Jodha would ignore Ruqaiyya...why constantly go and insult yourself and rub the other person the wrong way when you know they're not going to change?

Luckily for Ruqiaya, Jalal arrives before she has had the chance to say anything really nasty to Jodha, or she would have copped it from him. As it is, the way he behaves is cold and off-putting enough to freeze any errant wife to the marrow.
Nothing of the sort aunty, she does give Jodha an earful later on

It was absolutely clear that though he says he wants to forget her perfidy and never refer to it again, he has NOT forgiven her, not at all. In fact, if one looks back on the previous episode, one realises that Jalal never says, clearly and unambiguously, that he has forgiven her. Ruqaiya simply assumes it is so because he has not punished her.
But forgetting and forgiving are two very different things. It is more common to  forgive but not forget. Here, it is the other way around. Jalal wants to forget it all, for her sake and even more so for his own peace  of mind, though in fact he is very far from having reached this stage. He has NOT forgiven her at all.And in this scene, it   was clear beyond  the shadow of a doubt that he is still very hurt and angry inside, for all that he tries to get over it.
Yes yesterday's episode is quite clear on that front.. and I cheered for the part where he snubs her... 

It shows even more clearly in the cold aloofness with which he treats Ruqaiya, and in his strange and cutting remark about God having punished her by making it impossible for her to ever have a child.

Now this is completely  illogical, for that miscarriage,  and the ingestion of the ark that made it impossible for her to ever have a child again,  happened to Ruqaiya  for no fault of hers.  But when has anger ever bothered with logic?

Worse, there follows the other remark, like a stiletto being turned in her wounded ego, that she could thus  never become the Maryam-uz-Zamani.

I found that part decidedly interesting psychologically, for though Jalal does say that this last was the greatest sorrow for him, ie that his Begum-e-Khaas would not be giving him his heir, the whole tenor of the comment is almost sadistic in its intent to cause the maximum pain. For he knows that for Ruqaiya, becoming the Maryam-uz-Zamani would  be more important than becoming a mother, and he obviously wants to hit her where it would hurt the most.
Very well said! 

It was this last jab that convinced me that Ruqaiya has now finally lost Jalal. The only way for her to get back to whatever extent would have been to learn from her mistakes,  and turn herself inside out to convince him that she had indeed changed at long last. But the precap would seem to indicate that Ruqaiya, whatever her guilt, regret, shame and desperation,   has learnt nothing at all.

Which is a pity, for instead of an interesting triangle of husband-friend-beloved,, we are apparently  going to have a high-pitched negative character in the typical Balaji mould. Ruqaiya will probably attempt something even  worse in its unregenerate folly pretty soon, without or without Mahaam’s advice and assistance.

Anyhow there is nothing one can do about it, is there? So let us relax, try our best to ignore the irritiating Shehnaaz, who reminds me of nothing so much as bumblebee buzzing  near my  ear, and await the arrival on the scene of Mahachuchak Begum, as played by the enigmatic and talented Mita Vasisht.
Yes... it all feels like a little too much for our young 23 year old though  hppy 

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-18, 16:48

Aapka ka hukum sar  aankhon per, my very dear Ash, Mishti and Greeshma!
In fact I had a sort of premonition about  your hukums and wrote out and posted my take on the last 2 episodes even before I saw your messages. It is telepathy, no less!
Love all you demanding girls!

Shyamala/  Aunty
aashyaghShyamala, analysis of the episode where Jalal became Akbar, Jalal deserves it :) and we too :::)))

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:29

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum