Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 263-264:Akbar ka aagaman, aur saalgirah mubarak!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 263-264:Akbar ka aagaman, aur saalgirah mubarak!

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-18, 13:52

Folks,

Last night’s episode marked the completion of  one full year of Jodha Akbar, which  began on Tuesday, June 18, 2013.

Whence, one presumes, the arrival on the scene, practically unannounced and with no spoilers or promos,  of Hamare Akbar,  as his Jodha Begum calls him as tears of joy flood her eyes.  This milestone in the Shahenshah’s long and glorious reign was all the   more remarkable because this was a title given to him, not by another king  or by his nobility, but by the common people, as a mark of their abundant affection and regard for a ruler for whom all his subjects were alike and their welfare came  above all else.

But  before we take  up last night’s episode, let us take a look at the previous  one of Monday. We can begin by dismissing the shocking  revelations  for Ruqaiya,. Her reaction was comfortingly predictable, and the  rest was not particularly significant, except for a tantalizing, if low key puzzle as to how Ruqaiya will eventually pay back her debt to Jodha. The good thing about that scene was that  despite her wounded pride, Ruqaiya has the honesty to face the fact that Jodha has done her a favour, which she vows that she will  return, sood samet, one day.

Jodha Akbar 263: Palna khali nahin hai:  I do not know who among the CVs thought up the dream sequence and its aftermath, but he/she deserves a round of applause. It was so beautifully conceived and enacted that it gave one felt a warm fuzzy feeling at the end.  Apart from the significance of the light shining on Jalal’s face as he wakes up, and other such esoteric matters, what struck me were the following two points.

-The sheer ease with each other, the very high comfort level, that Jalal and Jodha share nowadays. When she  hears him being announced, her eyes look as if lamps had been lit inside them, and though she  greets him with a variation of her boilerplate Aap yahan, Shahenshah? , the glow  in her eyes  is even  brighter as he comes up to her.

There is  so much of symbiotic excitement  between them as Jalal narrates his dream, kneeling before her  in their now easy camaraderie,  the words tumbling over each other.His  eyes  are ablaze with happiness at  the prospect of his early morning dream coming true, and I have rarely seen such a wide, joyous,  infectious smile, mirroring his whole heart and soul at that moment.

I could  not understand why Jodha mentioned Ruqaiya  as the begum in his dream. Either she does not know that Ruqaiya cannot conceive any more – which is likely – or she is fishing.  I would want it to be the latter, for that is more what  a woman in love would do. Either way, she gets exactly what she wanted!

I would have liked somewhat more of  emotion from Jodha as Jalal echoes the Sheik (whom  both of them seem to have forgotten, unbelievable as that sounds)  and declares  that she will be the Maryam-uz-Zamani. There should have been a dawning delight in her eyes, a lambent joy coupled  with shyness. But there is only a steady gaze , which is lowered and  then raised again to his. Never mind, Jalal more than makes up for whatever was lacking in Jodha.

-Not Radha, but Yashoda: As Jalal is going on about his dream and what it will mean for her, Jodha is barely listening. All she is taking in is his happinessi Aapko muskurate dekh kar, hamein anand aa raha tha. The only thing that matters for her is that after so long, there is genuine harsh,  joy, in his eyes.

This is what love is really about, far  more than passion or desire. And as she looks at his retreating figure, one brow raised slightly as she nods her head and smiles in tender amusement at his excitement,  Jodha looks, not like Radha, but like Yashoda, rejoicing in her little Kanha’s delight. For in every true beloved, there has to be something of a mother as well.

The tale of the two coins: When Jalal picks up the Radha-Krishna coin from Kanha’s pooja sthal, turns it around, and  raises it to his eyes, I realized for the first time that the Radha-Krishna coins he had given her earlier  must have had the ayaat from the Holy Quran on the reverse. There is no other explanation for the way that coin, obviously one of those he had gifted her, was shown now. Which was probably why Jodha was then not shown turning the coin around.

Moreover this could not  have been one of the coins he is  going to release in the Diwan-e-Khas a little later; ,  for he means that to be a surprise for Jodha.

Credit, for once, for Jalal: Nor was there any indication, at this time or later, that Jodha had had anything to do with the idea of minting official coins in this pattern. It was shown as being all Jalal’s own idea, which was a very  pleasant surprise.

For once, the Shahenshah  was shown as capable of nourishing such  high ideals of the equality of all his peoples, irrespective of religion or race, and concretising it  in practical  terms for the whole of his vast empire, without having to be coached and jump started by Jodha Begum.

For the historical Jalaluddin Muhammed Akbar, so innately broad-minded and so instinctively  just, so generous and so conscientious in his perception of his duty to his subjects, was truly a phenomenon,  not only in his day and age, but for all ages,  past and future. In the 16th century, when across all of Europe and in England,  Protestants and Catholics were burning each other at the stake  in the thousands, often after brutal torture, for belonging to  the “wrong” religion, such an emperor was a shining, lonely beacon of humanism and universal,  not just tolerance, but acceptance.

As we have been lamenting for a long, long time, Ekta’s Jalal has been fighting a losing battle against CVs bent on enthroning Jodha Begum as the sole fount of wisdom who was behind every one of his wise moves. But not, praise be to God, this time! All that she got credit for was for getting that rotating, enlarged model  of the coin sculpted by Teakwood (in half a day) and  put  up for all to admire.

To revert,  it was also a pleasant surprise was that as he watches  Jodha’s  reverent joy when she is handling the new coin, Jalal’s smile of contentment is mature and dignified, and while they look at each other with shared happiness, it is muted and discreet.

A little earlier in the same scene, as Jalal  mentions his happy dream of that morning, Jodha seems almost afraid that in his delight, he might reveal what the dream was about. But he does not, and veers away from it with the remark that it had helped him get over his sorrow (at the loss of his unborn child, as would be assumed by all those present).

There  is none of the foolish lover in Jalal these days, like the  one who lavished OTT  praise on Jodha Begum in the full Diwan-e-Khas  for  cleverly testing Zakira for her loyalty and then rewarding her for it  by taking her into her own service. What  a welcome relief for my teeth, which were getting very worried about the frequency with which Jalal’s periodic follies made me grind them unconsciously!

Jodha Akbar 264: Akbar ka aagaman: Some might have felt that the advent of Akbar was far too low key, devoid of any drama or glamour. I did so myself, at the first viewing.  Even if one did not expect Ekta’s budget to stretch to Azeem-o-shaan Shahenshah II, one would have expected something more dhamakedaar,  with more of pomp and show, and at the very least a much larger crowd. As it was, there were only  about 50  people standing around and passing for the awaam,  and the stage looked like the kind of makeshift ones set up for  an election meeting, except that no candidate would surround himself with such a bunch of females!

The pecking order in Agra: In my early days as a diplomat,  in the 1970s,   during  the Cold War when political goings  on in the Soviet Union and the People’s Republic of China were far more opaque than they are now,  there was an annual exercise that was undertaken in all seriousness by the  Moscow/Beijing experts in every diplomatic service. They  used to carefully study the line up on the dais at the national day Red Square parades in Moscow and those in  Tienanmen Square  in Beijing, to  deduce the pecking order in the power structure by noting the order in which the main leaders were standing on either side of the supreme leader, the Party Chairman.

I was struck last night by how similar things were in Agra. There was Jalal in the centre, with the senior brigade, Hamida, Gulbadan and Jijianga,  to his right. But it was the left side that mattered; after all,  the female half of the Ardhanareeshwara,  Shakti,  is always on the left of Shiva.

So there was Jodha Begum, right next to Jalal, as befitting her now overwhelming  influence over him, for all that she ranks only at No. 3.  This influence  had been most recently demonstrated when she gets him, not by  coaxing but by posing  a cheeky condition, to invite his  other 2 khaas begums as well to this function. Mahaam Anga would have seen this as a clever tactic by Jodha to elevate herself still higher in Jalal’s regard, but it was very likely because she  would have felt awkward to be thus singled out.

Then came Salima Begum, his trusted counsellor in all  but his intimate affairs, and finally, Ruqaiya Begum, still the first  in rank but the last in influence and closeness to the Sun King.

Jalal appears not to  notice her adaab  as he arrives, and does not return it. This only reinforces my earlier conclusion that he has not forgiven Ruqaiya at all. Moreover, for all that he tells  Ruqaiya that night about her having felt tanha , Jalal  is now uncomfortable with what Jodha asserts was his fault in the whole affair, of  neglecting Ruqaiya. For as soon as Jodha starts repeating this mantra (as they are walking together after the Diwan-e-Khas session where the coin was released), he practically brushes it aside and walks on. This is not surprising, for if he were to accept that line whole-heartedly, it would mean he would have to correct that failing and spend more time with Ruqaiya, and he has no intention of doing any such thing.

An honour from the people:  On a second viewing, I felt that the low key  introduction of this momentous event was, in its way, justified, and not only for budgetary reasons.

There was nothing especially new, in terms  of either content or performance,  in Jalal’s justification for treating his Muslim and Hindu subjects as equals, citing the fact that  Allah himself evidently treats all human beings equally in every  way. He has said most of this before, most recently after the appointment of Todar Mal as his revenue minister. What was new being his tripping  the mullahs  up neatly by citing the imperative need for them to revere the  holy ayaat inscribed on the reverse of the coin.

Finally, as a clincher, Jalal  mentions his  having been born under the protection of a Hindu raja, exactly as he did during the butparasti crisis, and just as happened then, now too these arguments prevail.

But what was necessary for Jalal, and even more so for those who oppose his sarva dharma samabhava  maxim tooth and nail  as a matter of religious principle,  was to have  a public  demonstration of  the  tremendous sense of belonging his approach had given all his Hindu subjects, and the  deep  loyalty for him that it had evoked in them.

It is  this, the other side of the coin and the proof positive of all that the Shahenshah has been telling his Mughal followers about the need , in the interests of the Mughal sultanate, to do what he  was doing, that was provided by that doddering old Hindu  who wanted to touch Jalal’s feet in gratitude.

Even more so by  his banner of Akbar, written  in both Devnagari and Urdu. By his proclaiming this as the new  title that they, his Hindu subjects , had,  in their profound gratitude,  bestowed on  Shahenshah Jalaluddin Muhammed. They wanted him to be henceforth called  Akbar, as in Allah ho Akbar. Mahaan.  The Great.

Finally, the crowning touch, the old man  leading the assemblage in a resounding jayjaykaar  to  Shahenshah Jalaluddin Muhammed Akbar.

It was like the third  tajposhi  for Jalal, only this time it was of his people, by his people, for his people.

The second tajposhi:  This scene, for all its historical significance and the reflected glory  that was shed on it by the memory of Jalal’s decisive victory in the second battle of Panipar in 1556, stood out for just one thing.

The enduring grief of loss and the pain of remembrance,  and the strength needed to move past them and get on with life.

It was there in Salima Begum, asked  to crown Jalal in a second tajposhi (instead of Ruqaiya, the first in rank, perhaps because of her link to the architect of Jalal’s triumph and his empire, Bairam Khan). Her face looks frozen in remembered grief.  She is so paralysed by the memories of Bairam Khan’s great love for her that  she is unable to move an inch till Hamida, vocally, and then Jalal, silently, encourage her to complete her task.

It is there in the reflected, empathetic grief that clouds Jodha Begum’s eyes,  and transforms her face into a  portrait of near tearful sympathy.

It is there when  Jalal, whose still face, and whose lowered gaze  as Salima Begum struggles with her feelings , reflect the symbiotic sadness that they share, like  a pair of emotionally bonded Siamese twins linked forever by their enduring love for a man who is no more and who is yet always with them.

But it is there  at its most  moving  in Jalal's voice, as he recapitulates all that his Khan Baba  had done for him, and how he owes everything he is now to Bairam Khan’s  unshakeable loyalty, his  unfailing wisdom and his patient teachings. The deep voice  thickens and at times becomes almost choked with grief. But yet  Jalal never loses his dignity, he never become maudlin. There is great sadness in him,   and great gratitude to his mentor, but it is all conveyed with  a self control that managed to prevail over the  sorrow that surges up from within and threatens to overwhelm him.

The breath caught in my throat as I watched him, and listened to his voice as it became almost suspended by overmastering emotion. It was yet another  superb display of Rajat’s voice control,  and his amazing  talent as an actor. The boy is a ruddy marvel!

Enter Mahachuchak! : The OTT intro given to the new Dragon Lady by the now one-eyed Abul Mali, himself no slouch in the villainy department,  as a half-sceptical, half astounded Sharifuddin listens, seemed highly exaggerated. One only hopes that Mita Vasisht does not try to live up to this billing,  and start hamming it up like Mogambo. hpee 

Question of the day: Why does Sharifuddin sit on his hands when every other courtier is applauding Jalal  in the Diwan-e-Khas, and look glum and aloof all the time? He is not like the foolishly reckless  Adham Khan, who looks perennially  the before part of an ad for antacids hpee . One would have expected Sharifuddin  to put  up a decent show of fake enthusiasm, but he does nothing of the kind. Is he not afraid that his surliness will be noticed and reported to the Shahenshah?

Shyamala/Aunty

Last edited by sashashyam on 2014-06-18, 15:05; edited 1 time in total

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 263-264:Akbar ka aagaman, aur saalgirah mubarak!

Post by lashy on 2014-06-18, 14:03

sashashyam wrote:The dream was a beautiful one no doubt aunty.. but for me the two scenes that stood out were the two that have been discussed to no end.. the Jalal-Salima scene in DEK and the Jalal-becoming-Akbar!

For the historical Jalaluddin Muhammed Akbar, so innately broad-minded and so instinctively  just, so generous and so conscientious in his perception of his duty to his subjects, was truly a phenomenon,  not only in his day and age, but for all ages,  past and future. In the 16th century, when across all of Europe and in England,  Protestants and Catholics were burning each other at the stake  in the thousands, often after brutal torture, for belonging to  the “wrong” religion, such an emperor was a shining, lonely beacon of humanism and universal,  not just tolerance, but acceptance.
This para got me emotional! So true!

There  is none of the foolish lover in Jalal these days, like the  one who lavished OTT  praise on Jodha Begum in the full Diwan-e-Khas  for  cleverly testing Zakira for her loyalty and then rewarding her for it  by taking her into her own service. What  a welcome relief for my teeth, which were getting very worried about the frequency with which Jalal’s periodic follies made me grind them unconsciously!
 hppy 

Jodha Akbar 264: Akbar ka aagaman: Some might have felt that the advent of Akbar was far too low key, devoid of any drama or glamour. I did so myself, at the first viewing.  Even if one did not expect Ekta’s budget to stretch to Azeem-o-shaan Shahenshah II, one would have expected something more dhamakedaar,  with more of pomp and show, and at the very least a much larger crowd. As it was, there were only  about 50  people standing around and passing for the awaam,  and the stage looked like the kind of makeshift ones set up for  an election meeting, except that no candidate would surround himself with such a bunch of females!
 hppy 

The pecking order in Agra:
In my early days as a diplomat,  in the 1970s,   during  the Cold War when political goings  on in the Soviet Union and the People’s Republic of China were far more opaque than they are now,  there was an annual exercise that was undertaken in all seriousness by the  Moscow/Beijing experts in every diplomatic service. They  used to carefully study the line up on the dais at the national day Red Square parades in Moscow and those in  Tienanmen Square  in Beijing, to  deduce the pecking order in the power structure by noting the order in which the main leaders were standing on either side of the supreme leader, the Party Chairman.

Very well noted Aunty  hpee 

Jalal appears not to  notice her adaab  as he arrives, and does not return it. This only reinforces my earlier conclusion that he has not forgiven Ruqaiya at all. Moreover, for all that he tells  Ruqaiya that night about her having felt tanha , Jalal  is now uncomfortable with what Jodha asserts was his fault in the whole affair, of  neglecting Ruqaiya. For as soon as Jodha starts repeating this mantra (as they are walking together after the Diwan-e-Khas session where the coin was released), he practically brushes it aside and walks on. This is not surprising, for if he were to accept that line whole-heartedly, it would mean he would have to correct that failing and spend more time with Ruqaiya, and he has no intention of doing any such thing.
true! hpee 

An honour from the people:  

It was like the third  tajposhi  for Jalal, only this time it was of his people, by his people, for his people.
And it was beautiful for all the reasons you've stated!

The second tajposhi:  This scene, for all its historical significance and the reflected glory  that was shed on it by the memory of Jalal’s decisive victory in the second battle of Panipar in 1556, stood out for just one thing.

The enduring grief of loss and the pain of remembrance,  and the strength needed to move past them and get on with life.

It was there in Salima Begum, asked  to crown Jalal in a second tajposhi (instead of Ruqaiya, the first in rank, perhaps because of her link to the architect of Jalal’s triumph and his empire, Bairam Khan). Her face looks frozen in remembered grief.  She is so paralysed by the memories of Bairam Khan’s great love for her that  she is unable to move an inch till Hamida, vocally, and then Jalal, silently, encourage her to complete her task.

It is there in the reflected, empathetic grief that clouds Jodha Begum’s eyes,  and transforms her face into a  portrait of near tearful sympathy.

It is there the most  in Jalal, whose voice, as he recapitulates all that his Khan Baba  had done for him, and how he owes everything he is now to Bairam Khan’s  unshakeable loyalty, his  unfailing wisdom and his patient teachings, thickens and at times becomes almost choked with grief. But yet  Jalal never loses his dignity, he never become maudlin. There is great sadness in him,   and great gratitude to his mentor, but it is all conveyed with  a self control that managed to prevail over the  sorrow that surges up from within and threatens to overwhelm him.

The breath caught in my throat as I watched him, and listened to his voice as it became almost suspended by overmastering emotion. It was yet another  superb display of Rajat’s voice control,  and his amazing  talent as an actor. The boy is a ruddy marvel!
I loved this scene - it spoke volumes of Jalal-Salima relationship - something that is rarely highlighted in the episodes. How sadly awkward the situation was between Jalal and Salima in the DEK and how well it was played out was a treat to watch

Enter Mahachuchak! : The OTT intro given to the new Dragon Lady by the now one-eyed Abul Mali, himself no slouch in the villainy department,  as a half-sceptical, half astounded Sharifuddin listens, seemed highly exaggerated. One only hopes that Mita Vasisht does not try to live up to this billing,  and start hamming it up like Mogambo. hpee 
I do think she's going to be the female version of one - she already looks like on to me! 

Question of the day:
Even Shareefuddin was sorta impressed by Jalal's arguments to the Maulvis yesterday - almost like 'How the hell does he argue like a lawyer?' look  hppy 

Shyamala/Aunty
Beautiful analysis as always aunty 

lashy
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-18, 14:12

Aunty,
I was expecting a post from you after yesterday's episode. How would you not present one? It was a double bonanza yesterday...........anniversary cum advent of Akbar! 

The man who was introduced as Jallad last year June became Akbar yesterday.

Kudos to Rajat for his excellent portrayal of Jalalluddin Mohammad Akbar - as a capable shaatir sipahi with a low boiling point to a great king and a very fine human being with unbelievable levels of understanding, tolerance, affection and compassion for all. The actor has excelled in portraying all the shades of this gallant achiever. Can't imagine anyone else who could do so much justice to the character. This inspite of his swimming against the current - the makers intent to ever halo the heroine!

Yesterday, his joy and quiet pride and the sense of emotional connect with his people was very well brought out. You could feel his joy and happiness and love for his subjects reverberating and drenching you as though you were a part of the awaam! Such was his effective, controlled and fantastic performance. His dream of being accepted by the people of the land in which he was born (but perhaps did not belong to by birth), and what an acceptance it was. Simple, yet so deep and strong. It was the simplicity of the scene that made it most effective.  The jashn may follow soon, though we may not have and Azzem-o-shaan shahenshah budget song! Hope it does. The awarding of the title by which the world knows him for the past 500 years may be simple, sudden and sentimental. But the spread of his title and the joy of his people and himself needs some grand celebrations.  He has shared many joys of his with his awaam and conducted many jashn for them. This time it would be wonderful if the awaam does the same.

Most importantly, yesterday Jalal came across as the hero of the show, a deserved one as he is Akbar and Jodha too as his sweet, supporting and loving queen...(not the Jai Jodha Jaap (JJJ) one). The duo looked very appealing   

The show began so well, so so well the lead characters were loveable initially...and these  recent couple of weeks too the balance and loveability has returned. How I wish the transition( that was good in parts and unbelievable and of JJJ motto with the lalluing of Jallu at times) been more effective with the royalty of both of them, esp Jalal intact!

Anyway, looking forward to Akbar's story from now on in full glory............hopefully.

The movie showed Jalal, sorry, Akbar getting hurt during the jashn! If that is followed in the show, then we will have his queens wield the armour! Today there were pictures of Lavina in war costumes (That the IF Mandali want to be a desperate attempt to copy Jodha and make a fool of herself). There are already spoilers that Jodha will fight Shehnaaz. 

Jalal's not returning the adaab to Ruqaiya was proof enough that he has not forgiven her yet and naturally so, such wounds take time to heal! He has only refrained from exposing her that would have ended their relationship.  He was aloof from Jodha post dhakka too. Only her vishpaan restored normalcy in their relationship which would otherwise have been corroded by Jalal's built-up anger.

The paalna scene and the post - dream sequence was a treat to watch merely for the sheer joy on both their faces. Such pure and unalloyed joy. Rajat can make you laugh, cry and drool so easily.

I was equally impressed with his dialogue delivery in DEK....esp his pause at Ek... when he tries to restore self-control. Salima too impressed with her sad silence and tears.  Surprising that our Sar-kalam-expert had such a soft corner. None but Jalal and Salima knew him best and felt his loss. BK's memories were something that only these two can share and understand, yet cannot discuss due to their new relationship. It was a very well executed scene.

Last edited by sandhya on 2014-06-18, 14:58; edited 2 times in total

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-18, 14:25

You little wretch, I know why you are here, first in line, and without a PM at that. But you are not forgiven yet, so look out! hpee 
Shyamala Aunty

lashy
sashashyam wrote:The dream was a beautiful one no doubt aunty.. but for me the two scenes that stood out were the two that have been discussed to no end.. the Jalal-Salima scene in DEK and the Jalal-becoming-Akbar!

This para got me emotional! So true!

hppy 

hppy 

The pecking order in Agra:
In my early days as a diplomat,  in the 1970s,   during  the Cold War when political goings  on in the Soviet Union and the People’s Republic of China were far more opaque than they are now,  there was an annual exercise that was undertaken in all seriousness by the  Moscow/Beijing experts in every diplomatic service. They  used to carefully study the line up on the dais at the national day Red Square parades in Moscow and those in  Tienanmen Square  in Beijing, to  deduce the pecking order in the power structure by noting the order in which the main leaders were standing on either side of the supreme leader, the Party Chairman.

Very well noted Aunty  hpee 

true! hpee 

An honour from the people:  

And it was beautiful for all the reasons you've stated!

It is there the most  in Jalal, whose voice, as he recapitulates all that his Khan Baba  had done for him, and how he owes everything he is now to Bairam Khan’s  unshakeable loyalty, his  unfailing wisdom and his patient teachings, thickens and at times becomes almost choked with grief. But yet  Jalal never loses his dignity, he never become maudlin. There is great sadness in him,   and great gratitude to his mentor, but it is all conveyed with  a self control that managed to prevail over the  sorrow that surges up from within and threatens to overwhelm him.

I loved this scene - it spoke volumes of Jalal-Salima relationship - something that is rarely highlighted in the episodes. How sadly awkward the situation was between Jalal and Salima in the DEK and how well it was played out was a treat to watch

I do think she's going to be the female version of one - she already looks like on to me! 

Question of the day:
Even Shareefuddin was sorta impressed by Jalal's arguments to the Maulvis yesterday - almost like 'How the hell does he argue like a lawyer?' look  hppy 

Shyamala/Aunty
Beautiful analysis as always aunty 

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by harrybird on 2014-06-18, 14:37

From
       Anjali

To 
       Akbar & Aunty

harrybird
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-18, 14:41

I loved yesterday's episode Shyamala.  I will not comment anymore about your analysis, how many times can I repeat the same word "lovely/brilliant/superb". I love whatever you write.
Jalal at DEK was very good, he was so balanced when he thanked BK and Salima crowning Jalal was so emotional, they were both missing the same person in different ways.  
Jodha is behaving a perfect wife, she is completely besotted with her husband and all she thinks is about his feelings.  Why didn't CV's show atleast 50% of this earlier?  
Jalal getting the title of Akbar from an old man and he is so delighted with this honour.  The scene where he looks at Jodha to check out what she feels at that moment was very nicely shown.  Hope we get to see some continuity in the scene today.
Shariffuddin- he really had a smile when Jalal was being praised in the awaam, was it an editing mistake??
Precap-nothing great about the scene, would have loved if they had shown MC instead.

P.S- Why did you miss Shehnaz's paigam scene Shyamala?? hpee

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-18, 15:14

Some koshtins please.........
1. When did Jalal ask Jodha to utter his name and she was ziddi to deny? Did I miss out?
2. Isn't Kunwarsa supposed to mean prince? Then how does Teakwood become one?
3. Has Shariffuddin sudharofied? He looks more at Jalal these days and not at his madamsa. Then what was the purpose behind showing all those leechings, that too in shaahi talab?
4.Why is Todar Mal becoming Man Singh 2..........aka another Agra palace pillar?
5.What did the maulvis mean by the tottering old man coming to 'attack' Jalal? As rpeez said - Jalal uff karta to uncle ud jaate! Kaisa attack?
6.Shehnaaz was granted only the Delhi takt in the farman. Now does she want eh Agra gaddi too? Greedy greedy girl. Then what will Ahdham and Shariffu do who always plan to share the two thrones between them?
7.Where is Mirza Haakim these days? Jalal's love guru is gayab when Jalal has finally accepted his love!
8. Love Guru's mom - a Mogambo! (Aunty only you can think of these similies) How does she hate Jalal so much and her son is the Lakshman to Jalal's Ram?
9.When Teakwood can design a super-model of the disc-coins in half a day, why doesn't he design and fit doors for the Agra palace? Doesn't the Emperor's Chambers badly need them? Anyone just peeps in!
10. Will they continue the lalluing of Jallu even after he has become Akbar?

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by shobita on 2014-06-18, 15:18

Beautiful post Aunty!

I especially liked this paragraph:
Jalal appears not to  notice her adaab  as he arrives, and does not return it. This only reinforces my earlier conclusion that he has not forgiven Ruqaiya at all. Moreover, for all that he tells  Ruqaiya that night about her having felt tanha , Jalal  is now uncomfortable with what Jodha asserts was his fault in the whole affair, of  neglecting Ruqaiya. For as soon as Jodha starts repeating this mantra (as they are walking together after the Diwan-e-Khas session where the coin was released), he practically brushes it aside and walks on. This is not surprising, for if he were to accept that line whole-heartedly, it would mean he would have to correct that failing and spend more time with Ruqaiya, and he has no intention of doing any such thing.

You have read between the lines like no other  hpee 

Jalal becoming Akbar was very nicely done...u aptly called it the third tajposhi...I am only hoping they don't have another (never-ending) jashn to commemorate this!

shobita
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-18, 15:19

My dear Ash,

Thank you so very much; I am always grateful when you like something I have written; it is like stagefright every single time!

So did I love this last episode, and for exactly the same reasons as you have mentioned @blue. Well, if the CVs showed none of my Jodha 2 earlier, I am counting my blessings that they have shown us all this at least now!

I have added a para that had inadvertently been left out, but was vital, to the Second Tajposhi part:

It is there when  Jalal, whose still face, and whose lowered gaze  as Salima Begum struggles with her feelings , reflect the symbiotic sadness that they share, like  a pair of emotionally bonded Siamese twins linked forever by their enduring love for a man who is no more and who is yet always with them.

But it is there  at its most  moving  in Jalal's voice, as he recapitulates all that his Khan Baba  had done for him....

Oh, I left out Shehnaaz altogether, and her paigham with her, as I find her very irritating. I wonder how  she gets the finds to despatch  it  by that special messenger, and that too  without anyone noticing. But given the level of alertness of Jalal’s security, anything is possible!

Shyamala

aashyaghI loved yesterday's episode Shyamala.  I will not comment anymore about your analysis, how many times can I repeat the same word "lovely/brilliant/superb".  I love whatever you write.  
Jalal at DEK was very good, he was so balanced when he thanked BK and Salima crowning Jalal was so emotional, they were both missing the same person in different ways.  
Jodha is behaving a perfect wife, she is completely besotted with her husband and all she thinks is about his feelings.  Why didn't CV's show atleast 50% of this earlier?  
Jalal getting the title of Akbar from an old man and he is so delighted with this honour.  The scene where he looks at Jodha to check out what she feels at that moment was very nicely shown.  Hope we get to see some continuity in the scene today.
Shariffuddin- he really had a smile when Jalal was being praised in the awaam, was it an editing mistake??
Precap-nothing great about the scene, would have loved if they had shown MC instead.

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by dodoneha on 2014-06-18, 15:21

awesome post!!!!Thumbsup agree wid all ur pts.... kudos 2 akbar d great:king:!!!!    nd  cheers  4 u aunty 4 dis post!!

d crowning of jalal by a saddened salima in a sombre atmosphere was emotinal!!....  loved d DEK scene .....  

finally my fav kajri is dere jodha in her full form....  loved d hamare akbar bit as well as love nd joy shinning in her eyes when she was niharofying jalals childlike joy after dat dream sequence  Heart 

i really love when dey give d due credit of various reforms 2 dis great emperor  whether be it pilgrimage tax abolition or dis coin launching case.... akbar was surely a man of gold wid his visions, his tolerance whether be it religious, cultural, or artistic peace ....\
  loved d akbar namakaran samaroh ....  liked how a wise old person is crowning jalal wid d title... nd his resulting delight as well as his sense of responsibility on d matter!!

as 4 precap.... hope MAs exit happens wid Mahachuchaks Evil or Very Mad  entry....  dont know whether cvs r trying to make MA host d arrival of salim too Shocked

dodoneha

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-18, 15:26

Shyamala, nothing in blue:(
And Jalal's security service is like Shehnaz's dream men, all stand like dummies Bang  hppy 

sashashyam wrote:

My dear Ash,

Thank you so very much; I am always grateful when you like something I have written; it is like stagefright every single time!

So did I love this last episode, and for exactly the same reasons as you have mentioned @blue. Well, if the CVs showed none of my Jodha 2 earlier, I am counting my blessings that they have shown us all this at least now!

I have added a para that had inadvertently been left out, but was vital, to the Second Tajposhi part:

It is there when  Jalal, whose still face, and whose lowered gaze  as Salima Begum struggles with her feelings , reflect the symbiotic sadness that they share, like  a pair of emotionally bonded Siamese twins linked forever by their enduring love for a man who is no more and who is yet always with them.

But it is there  at its most  moving  in Jalal's voice, as he recapitulates all that his Khan Baba  had done for him....

Oh, I left out Shehnaaz altogether, and her paigham with her, as I find her very irritating. I wonder how  she gets the finds to despatch  it  by that special messenger, and that too  without anyone noticing. But given the level of alertness of Jalal’s security, anything is possible!

Shyamala

aashyaghI loved yesterday's episode Shyamala.  I will not comment anymore about your analysis, how many times can I repeat the same word "lovely/brilliant/superb".  I love whatever you write.  

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-18, 15:37

Aunty
In one of your earlier posts, you had lamented on Humayun's misfortune in his choice of wives compared to his son who was very lucky. Jannat Aashiyaani Humayun Saahib had the taaaall HB and awful looking CB. But more awful than these two, look at the third - MCB? How could any man think of marrying such a devil? No wonder he rolled down the library stairs. Why is Jalal blaming Sher Shah Suri?

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mishti on 2014-06-18, 15:38

sandhya wrote:Aunty
In one of your earlier posts, you had lamented on Humayun's misfortune in his choice of wives compared to his son who was very lucky. Jannat Aashiyaani Humayun Saahib had the taaaall HB and awful looking CB. But more awful than these two, look at the third - MCB? How could any man think of marrying such a devil? No wonder he rolled down the library stairs. Why is Jalal blaming Sher Shah Suri?
 hppy  hppy  hppy  hppy  hppy  hppy  hppy

mishti

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-18, 16:16

Here it is, and it is most of your post, which is not my  fault! Shyamalaaashyagh wrote:Shyamala, nothing in blue:(
And Jalal's security service is like Shehnaz's dream men, all stand like dummies Bang  hppy 

sashashyam wrote:

My dear Ash,

Shyamala

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-18, 16:21

Sandhya my pet, the gentleman was obviously born with spaghetti for a spine. It was probably not he who married these horrors, but the other way around, especially  with Mahachuchak!
As for Chand Begum, it was probably the standard Las Vegas trick: he woke up with  a horrid hangover and  she informed him that he had been too drunk to remember it, but they had got married! hpee 

Shyamala Aunty

sandhyaAunty

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-18, 16:48

sashashyam wrote:

Sandhya my pet, the gentleman was obviously born with spaghetti for a spine. It was probably not he who married these horrors, but the other way around, especially  with Mahachuchak!
As for Chand Begum, it was probably the standard Las Vegas trick: he woke up with  a horrid hangover and  she informed him that he had been too drunk to remember it, but they had got married! hpee 

Shyamala Aunty

sandhyaAunty

hppy hppy hppy Humayun must be rolling in his grave reading these comments, what if in reality those begums were good looking ones

Last edited by aashyagh on 2014-06-18, 17:00; edited 1 time in total

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2014-06-18, 16:53

Well, Ash, that is quite  true, but what can we do? We have to go by Ekta's casting choices, and for these begums of the Jannat Aashiayani, they are uniformly frightful! Shyamalaaashyagh wrote:
sashashyam wrote:

Shyamala Aunty

sandhyaAunty

hppy hppy hppy Humayun was be rolling in his grave reading these comments, what if in reality those begums were good looking ones

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-18, 17:03

Oh Yes, even though HB has a pretty face, her neck makes her look like a crane and MV is not pretty, but atleast they could have given her decent make up, but with her spooky make up which makes her look like a bhootni of a horror show, I don't know where I posted, but why they have to make her look so old? She looks good to be called as Jalal's Grand mom than step mom

sashashyam wrote:
Well, Ash, that is quite true, but what can we do? We have to go by Ekta's casting choices, and for these begums of the Jannat Aashiayani, they are uniformly frightful! Shyamalaaashyagh wrote:
sashashyam wrote:

Shyamala Aunty

sandhyaAunty

hppy hppy hppy Humayun was be rolling in his grave reading these comments, what if in reality those begums were good looking ones

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-18, 17:10

shyamala i wish i could write pages on the landmark episode but your analysis and sandhya's beautiful comment in response says it all...!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-18, 17:12

sandhya wrote:Aunty
 hppy

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-06-18, 17:15

aashyagh wrote:Oh Yes, even though HB has a pretty face, her neck makes her look like a crane and MV is not pretty, but atleast they could have given her decent make up, but with her spooky make up which makes her look like a bhootni of a horror show, I don't know where I posted, but why they have to make her look so old?  She looks good to be called as Jalal's Grand mom than step mom

sashashyam wrote:
Well, Ash, that is quite true, but what can we do? We have to go by Ekta's casting choices, and for these begums of the Jannat Aashiayani, they are uniformly frightful! Shyamalaaashyagh wrote:
sashashyam wrote:

Ash, she looks old enough to by Jannat Ashiyani's grand mom! And like the devil personified. MA is going to look like an angel from now on perhaps!

And Aunty, the Las Vegas trick is the only probable way that CB could have married an Emperor. ROFL 

The poor spaghetti spined Emperor must have been intimidated by HB's height and monotones and petrified by Mahachuchak's stare and uttered Qubool Hai in a state of sheer terror. But when he came to his senses he must have decided to roll down the stairs. ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  ROFL

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygi on 2014-06-18, 17:21

oh god! i m having tears laughing my heart out..poor jannat aashiyani humayun sahib will be having sleepless nights in his grave thinking of his wives!

mandygi
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by harrybird on 2014-06-18, 17:39

sandhya wrote:
aashyagh wrote:Oh Yes, even though HB has a pretty face, her neck makes her look like a crane and MV is not pretty, but atleast they could have given her decent make up, but with her spooky make up which makes her look like a bhootni of a horror show, I don't know where I posted, but why they have to make her look so old?  She looks good to be called as Jalal's Grand mom than step mom

sashashyam wrote:

Ash, she looks old enough to by Jannat Ashiyani's grand mom! And like the devil personified. MA is going to look like an angel from now on perhaps!

And Aunty, the Las Vegas trick is the only probable way that CB could have married an Emperor. ROFL 

The poor spaghetti spined Emperor must have been intimidated by HB's height and monotones and petrified by Mahachuchak's stare and uttered Qubool Hai in a state of sheer terror. But when he came to his senses he must have decided to roll down the stairs. ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  ROFL
 ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  ...

OMG! My stomach hurts!
PS: Humayun must be extemely good looking....see  Jalal & Hakim (Thank god for they inherited paternal genes
...otherwise?)
 hppy 

Last edited by harrybird on 2014-06-18, 19:42; edited 1 time in total

harrybird
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by aashyagh on 2014-06-18, 18:11

mandygi wrote:oh god! i m having tears laughing my heart out..poor jannat aashiyani humayun sahib will be having sleepless nights in his grave thinking of his wives!

Mandy, we have posted these here, so all are having a good laugh, if it was in IF, then we all would get a warning for character assasination hppy 

aashyagh
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by abhi786 on 2014-06-18, 18:15

Thanks for the pm Shyamala and wonderful post. Happy JA Anniversary all . I still continue & enjoy watching the serial, even though in past dropped few serials including the TOP STAR PLUS SERIAL with in the first 4 to 5 months.

The episode is really surprising with no promos & all.

Even though the title giving is not grand but it was simple given by a old Hindu man especially when ullemas are against it.. It was a simple name given by his praja both "Hindus & Muslims" together with love & respect as they accepted & believed him as their Savior bestowing the title "AKBAR".

I just loved the last 2 mins of Jodha joy, pride tears when she heard the people name him as "AKBAR" with the Makbara scene & you see the joy the way she said " HUM BATHA NEHI SAKTHE HUMEIN AAPSE KITNA PREM HAI... HAMARA SHEHANSHA .. HAMARE AKBAR" while Jalaal eyes laid on this single lady whose reaction & happiness which is most mattered to him.

I also liked Salima crowning scene once again, Salima remembering BK and unable to crown Jalaal first, he knows understood Salima love for BK and so HB came forward to help her carry it. Jalaal has this special relationship with her as both are missing BK. Jalaal speech is wonderful remembering BK and I am happy he didn't uttered MA name.

The JJ hojra scene showed how JO make him understood that all his 3 Khas Begum accompany him not only her before praja. The coin showed how much JJ ideas match with each ideas and want to impress each other with surprises.

While yesterday showed Jalaal relationship with Jodha & salima while his total ignorance with Rukayya.

Jalaal surely will not going to forgive her till he get that she really changed.

Waiting to see if Ruku do return favour or again fell down more in Jalaal eyes for her jealousy & anger.

abhi786

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:43

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum