Latest topics

Bharti's Sermon - Attack,with Words556

Bharti's Sermon - Attack,with Words

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bharti's Sermon - Attack,with Words

Post by -Sheena- on 2013-04-11, 20:40

Despite the marriage taking place, I do think that the bride's family did the right thing by leaving with their daughter...As parents of a bride/girl they have to put their child's interest first and not worry what society says or what her status is currently (ie being the wife of Madhav)...They remained unaware of whom their daughter was marrying and it unfair for them to just accept the change of groom based on sentiments...

However, the crux of the episode was dedicated to Bharti and her dislike for MIL, Rahul and of course Aaradhya...I can understand she feels humiliated that the Bride's family left the wedding but her continuous spilling of sermon was uncalled for...Here is a woman who thinks that she holds the key to morality, values and socially decency yet everything she says has a hint of being an hypocrite...She blamed Rahul and her MIL for masterminding and devaluing her yet she never questioned Madhav who was an equal player in the plan...She conveniently left him out of her tirade...

She actually found a cause to be able to taunt and even though her husband tried to reign her anger, she remained defiant in her stance for her hatred towards MIL, Rahul and Aaradhya...I am actually not sure what she is more upset about? Its seems very unclear of her motive for her anger....She has deep rooted resentment towards her MIL, Rahul especially and as a DIL her treatment towards her own MIL is at times appalling...Its actually strange that when MIL collapsed during Bharti's accusation that she was concerned about her health...I understand her anger and disappointment but she should have been more tactful in her approach...Madhav should not have been part of her anger and not excluded from her sermons...

-Sheena-
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Re: Bharti's Sermon - Attack,with Words

Post by slmu on 2013-04-12, 13:09

Nice Sheena..

Bharti's tirade was understandable to the extent that the marriage was engineered without her knowledge. Aradhya's father (Lalit?) specifically targeted her in his vitriol so it stung. And yes, the family's honor was questioned.

But, I disagree that Madhav should have been a target too. Madhav had no knowledge that Aradhya did not know she was marrying him. He also did not know that Bharti did not know. His fault in this was that he went ahead with the plan, instead of suggesting that they talk openly with everyone. To this extent, yes he should have been included.

Also, her relative ignorance of Aradhya's situation was irritating. Yes, she acknowledged that Aradhya was also in a bad position, but for her it was more about herself, the family's honor and Madhav.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:13

Was the marriage not held at the girls side? They r putting the child ahead of society, they know she was shocked, they don't expect her to want to stay in the marriage as they know her, and they r not considering wat society will say. They r shocked as well and it was not them who made a joke out of the marriage rituals. They would not expect a chance of groom mid way through the ceremony especially wen they have seen Rahul for the other rituals. Sorry the last line in the first paragraph confused me wat do you mean?

Bharti's character remained as unprincipled as being shown. She is prejudiced, yes she had a rite to b angry but her tirade showed she is as khokli as she accuses others of being.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-04-12, 13:15

Sarra, yes, the wedding was held at Aradhya's house. And it was Madhav and family who left.

Bharti is totally prejudiced.. her tirade was more about loss of face rather than anything else.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:17

slmu wrote:Nice Sheena..

Bharti's tirade was understandable to the extent that the marriage was engineered without her knowledge. Aradhya's father (Lalit?) specifically targeted her in his vitriol so it stung. And yes, the family's honor was questioned.

But, I disagree that Madhav should have been a target too. Madhav had no knowledge that Aradhya did not know she was marrying him. He also did not know that Bharti did not know. His fault in this was that he went ahead with the plan, instead of suggesting that they talk openly with everyone. To this extent, yes he should have been included.

Also, her relative ignorance of Aradhya's situation was irritating. Yes, she acknowledged that Aradhya was also in a bad position, but for her it was more about herself, the family's honor and Madhav.

Going of wat was shown she was told by Madhav that he asked for Rahul's help..He went with the plan, sorry I was bored the day before didn't pay much attention, was it mentioned that madhav did not know that Aradhya or family wasn't aware of it? Cause if unprincipled lady thinks he went along with it then part of the blame should also fall on him.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-04-12, 13:21

sarra0 wrote:

Going of wat was shown she was told by Madhav that he asked for Rahul's help..He went with the plan, sorry I was bored the day before didn't pay much attention, was it mentioned that madhav did not know that Aradhya or family wasn't aware of it? Cause if unprincipled lady thinks he went along with it then part of the blame should also fall on him.

It was pretty clear that Madhav did not know that Aradhya did not know it was him.. he is led to believe that she is happy marrying him and so he went along.

He should have been included because he went along with it.. which Bharti completely ignored. She was angry that he fell in love with Aradhya but that was it.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:24

slmu wrote:Sarra, yes, the wedding was held at Aradhya's house. And it was Madhav and family who left.

Bharti is totally prejudiced.. her tirade was more about loss of face rather than anything else.

Yep Shanthi.. i can understand that she is worried about loosing face, society is not kind and people love to gossip and tell stories. But she couldn't understand why the bride's side were angry, she couldn't understand y they spoke to her and the family like that. And the bride and devastation that it would caused her was overlooked.. her character was not redeemed yesterday, but i suppose that's how they want to show it.. this is going to b a journey for her as well, one i don't particularly want to watch lol

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-04-12, 13:27

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:Sarra, yes, the wedding was held at Aradhya's house. And it was Madhav and family who left.

Yep Shanthi.. i can understand that she is worried about loosing face, society is not kind and people love to gossip and tell stories. But she couldn't understand why the bride's side were angry, she couldn't understand y they spoke to her and the family like that. And the bride and devastation that it would caused her was overlooked.. her character was not redeemed yesterday, but i suppose that's how they want to show it.. this is going to b a journey for her as well, one i don't particularly want to watch lol

No Sarra, she could understand why they spoke like that.. her tirade was the fact that a family like Aradhya's, which is shallow in her opinion, were in a position to speak about her and her family like that.

I agree she overlooked Aradhya's pain in her tirade. There was a brief mention in the beginning, but that was it. She could not bear that a "khokli" girl like Aradhya caused so much havoc. So she totally overlooked what Aradhya is going through.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:28

slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

It was pretty clear that Madhav did not know that Aradhya did not know it was him.. he is led to believe that she is happy marrying him and so he went along.

He should have been included because he went along with it.. which Bharti completely ignored. She was angry that he fell in love with Aradhya but that was it.

Yep the audience knew madhav didn't know, but i couldn't remember if unprincipled lady had been told that madhav was unaware, cause if she hadn't been told then he should have been included in the outburst, but he wasn't.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:30

slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

No Sarra, she could understand why they spoke like that.. her tirade was the fact that a family like Aradhya's, which is shallow in her opinion, were in a position to speak about her and her family like that.

I agree she overlooked Aradhya's pain in her tirade. There was a brief mention in the beginning, but that was it. She could not bear that a "khokli" girl like Aradhya caused so much havoc. So she totally overlooked what Aradhya is going through.

I should pay more attention wen I watch, but wasn't there a dialogue about how the bride's father could speak to her like that.. or how his behaviour was with them and she asked dadi and this is the kind of family you want madhav to b joined with or related with, something like that.. which to me listening to her words and tone meant she didn't think they had the right to b harsh, or upset to the extent they were

Last edited by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:37; edited 1 time in total

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-04-12, 13:30

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

Yep the audience knew madhav didn't know, but i couldn't remember if unprincipled lady had been told that madhav was unaware, cause if she hadn't been told then he should have been included in the outburst, but he wasn't.

ah, good point.. I think Madhav's initial reaction when everyone found out made it pretty clear that he did not know ..

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-04-12, 13:33

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

I should pay more attention wen I watch, but wasn't there a dialogue about how the bride's father could speak to her like that.. how he could say that?

I thought it was more like "look how he spoke to us".. in the sense that he was in a position to speak like that in the first place..

I may be wrong of course

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:44

slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

ah, good point.. I think Madhav's initial reaction when everyone found out made it pretty clear that he did not know ..

Good point

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:49

slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

I should pay more attention wen I watch, but wasn't there a dialogue about how the bride's father could speak to her like that.. how he could say that?

I thought it was more like "look how he spoke to us".. in the sense that he was in a position to speak like that in the first place..

I may be wrong of course

Lol that's probably my prejudices coming through

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-04-12, 13:49

what now Sarra? how do you think Aradhya's dad is going to deal with it? Divorce?

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 13:58

Well he has called the lawyers, so probably looking at going down an annulment / divorce, don't know if he could bring another case against the family. But Aradhya was thinking by the end of the episode, I'm interested to c wat and wear her thinking leads her to.

How about you? Wat do you think?

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-04-12, 14:05

I thought the freeze shot where she was holding the MS, there was absolute disgust in her face. But still whether she will bring herself to take it off I don't know.

Not sure whether there a Hindu marriage can be annulled as such.. have not heard of it. But divorce, I think is going to be a possibility.

But whether Madhav's family will allow it I don't know

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by -Sheena- on 2013-04-12, 14:08

THanks Simu..

What i meant that Madhav should have been also a target was that he knew the plan of dadi and Rahul...He was not completely innocent in the whole thing...May be he assumed that Aaradhya already knew but when Bharti was blaming dadi and Rahul, he was inconspicuously absent in the blame game...

-Sheena-
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by -Sheena- on 2013-04-12, 14:12

sarra0 wrote:Well he has called the lawyers, so probably looking at going down an annulment / divorce, don't know if he could bring another case against the family. But Aradhya was thinking by the end of the episode, I'm interested to c wat and wear her thinking leads her to.

How about you? Wat do you think?

I think she stopped when she got to the manglasutra, so the auspicious meaning to it will make her reconsider her marriage status...Afterall, she is a girl who will find it hard to break that bond of marriage...

-Sheena-
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-04-12, 14:21

slmu wrote:I thought the freeze shot where she was holding the MS, there was absolute disgust in her face. But still whether she will bring herself to take it off I don't know.

Not sure whether there a Hindu marriage can be annulled as such.. have not heard of it. But divorce, I think is going to be a possibility.

But whether Madhav's family will allow it I don't know

If the MS does have a deep meaning and significance for her she may just surprise me, but her deciding to stay married is preferable to me then by force. Didn't think about the boy's family not liking it, i would expect that if she wanted one then madhav would give consent for her happiness.

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum